Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

"I am familiar with vornskyrs and the role they play in detecting the Force. If it the Force you are concerned about, then truly this is a huge development."

Sahv leaned back in his chair.

"The Force is a natural enity which binds all of life. By natural I mean that it occurs in nature, in fact in all life. You, me, even that vornskyr is impacted by it. There are two ways to approach understanding the Force, I have learned. From a micro perspective, evidence of it's presense exists in our cells, the very essence of our bodies. With this in mind, it is possible to test someone for Force sensitivity, since there is the evidence in the cells."

"Another analysis of it takes into accound the larger aspects of the Force as it relates to its ability to effect the environment, and change the person who studies it and applies that knowledge. Indeed, if you take the cumulative effect of all of those cell's Force signatures, you will begin to understand how the Force is used by the knights and masters of the Jedi Order, the group to which I have sworn my allegiance. In short, this latter view is the one most force-users see when they envision the Force. Indeed, analysis of the Force is important, I believe."

Sahv sensed that Cal had been disturbed by... something.

"Cal, what is it that has prompted this discussion within yourself?"

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

"Well, as I said, I was recently sent to Myrkr to hunt vornsykrs. On the way I got to searching the cargo hold of this ship. I had a strange sensation like I was being led towards some object back there. I searched and searched until finally I found a secret compartment in the floor. That is when I found this."

Cal pulled the black sword out from behind his chair and showed it to his friend. The sword shone with a dark reflection accenting the mysterious writing on the blade.

"Ever since then I have been having strange dreams. They are very vivid and in a way, frightening."

A look of personal anguish and terror flushed across Cal's face as he remembered the details of his dreams.

"But anyway, while I was on Myrkr, I met a girl named Lora who ended up helping me on my hunt. The plan was to set up a trap for the vornsykrs and use ysalamari as bait, but before we could something happened. I had just reached around and picked up this sword when I blacked out and had another one of these vivid dreams. When I woke up the vornsykrs were there, which is why I have started asking questions about the force, cause as soon as I woke up and we realized we were surronded Lora made the statement that we wouldn't need any bait because apparently I was a force sensitive and had attracted them."

"I've been really confused about what she said ever since then. What does force senitive mean? You said that the force occurs in all life even in me. Is that why I attracted the vornsykrs, or does it have something to do with this sword and those dreams I was telling you about?"

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

"I understand. It is no secret that the vornskrs are prone toward doing that, and in this case, it has come to show you something you might otherwise not have known, at least for some time. And it is true that the Force exists in all things, it's just that some are more perceptive to its presence."

Sahv examined the sword, but kept his thoughts to himself for the time being.

"These nightmares may be various manifestations of the Force working themselves out within you. As I see it, then, you must be force-sensitive, and are eligible for training as a Jedi," Sahv said confidently. "Of course, there are many reasons for dreams and nightmares. Over time thise will be revealed to you."

"Cal, we have been friends for some time now, and have shared many things with each other. If you decide to go down this route, we will no doubt become closer, as our understanding of our surrounding world grows ever more clear through the Force."

"I am eligible for training someone. If you'd like, I will train you."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

(ooc: I think you got me mixed up with Alora - she has golden hair and violet eyes)

Lora looked around behind her thinking that he was speaking to someone else, rolling her eyes at his comment when her back was turned to him. She thought she was far from stunning with her shoulder length black and blonde striped hair and her saphire blue eyes. She turned back to him.

"Umm... stunning? You can't mean me then. I'm just a plain jane."

She grinned at him holding her hand out to shake his,

"Here to sign up. You? Oh... by the way... Name's Lora. Yours?"

Lora.jpg

http://forums.jedi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=591707#591707

J.O.A.T (Jack of all trades)... Firrerreo - Lorranne Karrade

"Train me? To be what, a Jedi?" Cal gave this idea some thought. He had not expected his and Sahv's conversation to have this type of outcome. He laid the mysterious blade on a table in front of him.

"If I do decide to do this what will my responsiblities be? What exactly do the Jedi do? I think you may have told me this before, but I still don't understand their precise duties."

Cal was still confused, probably more so now, but at least now his confusion had direction.

"And the other thing, if I train to become a Jedi how will that help me with these visions? Will it help me to quit having them?"

Adoran grinned slightly at the expression "plain Jane". It wasn't the kind of thing he was used to hearing, with his background from the coruscant underworld.

"I was indeed talking to you. Oh, and my name is Adoran Wa'alle. Pleased to meet you. I'm also here to sign up"

JmJ.jpg

Member of the Jedi.net SW Book Club since 6/9/05

The Throne Of Onderon

"I know that the Force can help you understand your visions. I do not have the most experience with this area, but it is certain that the meditative qualities of the Force can lead to a better understanding."

"Your question," Sahv continued, "...is an important one. We as arbiters of the Force can be given special abilities. Through the Force, we are permitted a hightened sense of our surroundings, and increased physcial abilities. The question, then, is how do we use these abilities? How do we justify our having them? Over time, if you choose, you may come to understand the answers to these questions."

Sahv stood up to stretch...

"Of course, the choice is yours. I sense a strong Force potential in you, otherwise I would not bring it up the issue of training."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Commander Pilonne took the Admiral's assignment seriously, as well he should, and immediately arranged for the formation of the cortosis metal into an under-armor weave. It would, if the tales were true, be the perfect edge over the Sith lightsabers that they would be facing. They would practically be invincible to the Sith except where their armor did not cover. And they would still be affected by the Force.

It didn't take long for the armor to be made--cortosis was easy to work with--and Pilonne distributed a suit to each member of the anti-Force-user army. They were a fine group of men prepared to attack even a planet such as Mimban or Carida, should Remant'e or the Admiral so order it to be done.

Pilonne immediately headed to the former, the current head of the Alliance. Upon entering, he bowed. "Remant'e," he said, "I am the head of the new battalion of anti-Sith troopers. The Admiral arranged for us to receive cortosis ore and it has been made into underarmor for us. He wished me to inform you that the task is complete and the army is ready."

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Cal lowered his head and thought a bit on what Sahv had said. Force potential, he thought with some bit of pride. He still didn't understand entirely, but he knew what he needed to do in order to find the answers to his questions.

Cal stood and faced Sahv, "Well, I don't think I have much of a choice. I want to learn the ways of the Jedi, and if you think I have potential then I say lets do it. Where do we start?"

"Where do we start?" Sahv asked rhetorically...

"Good question."

Sahv had had no experience in individual training before, and had instructed a group only once. Just like Cal, he would be breaking new ground, and would be learning just as much as his new padawan.

"Cal, the path to the Force is a rewarding one, but it is also dangerous. I hope that in the future you do not look upon this moment with grief, for there are some who travel to a place they wish they'd never gone. I am speaking now of those who pervert the Force. But that is a lesson for another time."

Sahv brought himself up once more, and stretched his legs.

"What is the durability of this ship? That is, how trustworthy is it?"

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

"I've gotten as far as putting in the application form but no-one seems to be around yet. The General I came in with's gone on leave so I'm just hanging round till they get their act together I guess."

She tilted her head to the side, then spoke up again.

"You wanna sign up then grab a snack at the mess hall?"

Lora.jpg

Cal smiled, "What? The old Myddrin? Why, its just a right fine ship. In real good condition." Cal rapped on the wall with his fist and then heard a clanking, rattling, and crash behind the wall. He rolled his eyes and smiled, "Well, maybe she could use a little work, but she gets me from place to place alright."

"Why, what do you have in mind Sahv? I am sure the Myddrin could hold up to any sort of trip you want to go on. It may be a rough ride at points, but I promise she will hold together."

Lora nodded to him tilting her head slightly in the direction she indicated to go before she swung her body round and started off. She glanced back at him once to make sure he was following before she led him into the recruitment office.

"There are mate, see em about your application, I'm gunna grab a bite to eat. I'm starving. I'll cya later"

She headed off to find something to eat. If the alliance wasn't going to do anything soon, she was going to go elsewhere. She'd been waiting long enough already and wasn't going to wait too much longer.

Lora.jpg

Called into immediate mobilization by an emergency communication from the Admiral Onderin Starlisk, the Alliance fleet was scrambled. In only ten minutes, it was ready to go, its full complement of MC90a's as well as the Admiral's flagship, the Defiant, directed themselves towards the core--namely Coruscant.

Without affirmation from Remant'e (he would have approved anyway), the fleet entered hyperspace.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

"Ah yes, my first lesson. Always be prepared."

Sahv put his hand to his chin.

"As practitioners of the Force, it is always possible that we may be in a... tight situation. Of course, you're a military man, so you know what that's like."

Sahv was silent for a moment, then spoke up quickly. "Very well then.

"We shall get started with your training. If you will wait here, I have some things I must retrieve from my ship, and then we will be taking the Myddrin out."

Sahv left Cal to prepare the ship, and left for his own to gather his belongings and some supplies...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Cal and his droid set about preparing the ship for a new journey. Cal organized and cleaned up one of the cabins for Sahv and then went to the cockpit to check up on all of the Myddrin's systems.

So I'm gonna be a Jedi? Cal's mind stayed occupied wondering how this decision would change his life. The only Jedi he had really ever known was Sahv, and briefly Kirana. Cal was nervous, but he knew that in order to discover the mysteries behind his dreams he must walk the path set down before him.

Cal continued preparing the ship for Sahv's and his journey.

Sahv returned to the Myddrin with a box in hand. Upon seeing Cal's suspecting eye, Sahv replied, "some tools that we may need."

"We are travelling to Coruscant, to the Jedi temple there. It is necessary that we take care of some things, and the capitol of the Jedi is the best place to do that. But first, we will making a stop on a quiet little planet called Wayland. Though there is much to learn, we must not approach the Force in a hurried fashion. Keep that in mind as we train."

Sahv, with the help of Cal, set the controls for orbital departure and the ship took of for hyperspace...

((To the Space thread, Cal. I'll post first.))

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

- A lone shuttle descended upon the planet of Mon Calamari, Officer Sabian Devanus shown piloting the ship as it made it's touch down into the concealedbase's hangar bay. Dragging himself from his controls, face and body still fully covered up by his cloak, he exited from it and slowly marched along the floors. -

There are a few less ships here then I remember.. Where are the flagships?

- ..It was the only roaming thought that was not deeply involved with the impact he faced on the Link. Although he was fine physically, almost better then ever, he was still moraley crushed. The burden he bared weighed on him deeply, effecting even how he walked.. -

- Making his way into the man's private chambers, he let himself down on the desk, releaving himself of his cloak before speaking into his comm link.. -

- Afterwards, he let go of the control and set himself down on the bed. He needed some time to rest and think, waiting upon a reply before waking back up. -

Please.. Please don't leave me. I need you..

An encrypted comm came for Sahv Yorr. Unfortunately, the Jedi Knight was off-world in another ship, and the message came up on a view screen inside the Naploeon IV, even though its recipient was not there.

Sahv Yorr, this is an automated Jedi security message. Be advised that disruptive activity of dire consequence is taking place on Coruscant. Your help is requested. Approach with caution. May the Force be with you.

The metallic sound of the voice was almost droid-like, and had obviously been recorded in better times. Perhaps Sahv should have taken his comm link with him...

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

>>A ship with lightning fast speed flew into Mon Calamari while en route to Coruscant. A red lightsaber that was left laying there, belonged to a warrior cut down by Leonardo Stavachi, flew into the air and into the ship. The man smiled as his first lightsaber was back in his possession. The ship than left the system.<

barabbas4.jpg

Wow, you're a sick bastard. I thought I was bad, making minions eat their own brains and all
MasterJediJesus: Now you're just being a [richard]

When I get angry, people start dying.

- After a few hours rest, the young awoke in a bit of a daze. There was a message relayed on his comm link, bringing it to his left ear and hearing the familiar voice of his former master requesting assistance upon the Defiant. Without furthur delay, Sabian drew a hot shower, changed to a new uniform, and made his way back out into the hangar bay. -

- By now, nearly all ships had been scrambled to the system of Coruscant, aiding in the now evident Imperial assault upon the planet. The slight feeling he sensed before of a far away pain became clear, this new cunning ambush by the Empire traced to it. He could feel himself tensing up at the thought as he got into his parked E-Wing, manning the controls and setting course for Coruscant after beaching the atmosphere.. -

I just hope I'm not too late..

Nepharius Fontaine woke up from a nice night's sleep. Grabbing his ISTS issue 'Informapad' he logged on to check his messages as well as the latest news.

"My heavens!" He gasped, upon seeing footage of the massacre occuring on Coruscant. "I suppose I'll be canceling my meeting there for next week. I do hope things go well."

The middle-ages man meant it, at least in one way. He wanted the Alliance to win. It wasn't so much the fact that he liked them, he just despised the Empire's tactics and policies. And it wasn't a business desire, either, to have the Empire win over the "Rebs" as they were called by most of the ISTS Board of Regents. The truth was, if the Board knew that he'd supplied EXTRA suits to General Remant'e, then he'd be the object of much hatred come next Monday morning's meeting. If there was a good thing about the attack, it was that it spared him the need to attend to such a meeting.

NephariusFontaine3.jpg

"Science is the gateway to the unkown. For through solving one problem,

ten more creep into our panoramic view of knowledge."

- Dr. Nepharius Fontaine, Lecture at The University of Corellia

Deuxieme shot through the atmosphere of Mon Calamari. Philip set down his flute of champagne. As he stood in the elegantly furnished observation deck, he looked down upon the compound. He had been sent here to meet with his boss, Dr. Nepharius Fontaine.

"Cutter Deuxieme, you are now cleared to land." The Chiss fingered the comm button, replying thus -

"Thank you, Cutter Deuxieme out."

He put the ship down, straightened his tie, and stepped down the entrance ramp. He was met by a corporal, who said he was to lead him to Dr. Fontaine. Approaching the Executive Suite the Corporal said that he would be on call if he needed anything, and to ask for Corporal Golde.

Stepping up to the door, Dr. Augustus knocked thrice and then entered.

"Hello Dr. Fontaine. How goes business? I presume you have seen the attack on Coruscant?"

Fontaine welcomed Dr. Augustus in with a solemn voice...

"Good. You've arrived." He put his hand on the man's shoulder.

"It's been only a few weeks, Philip, and already things are going down the garbage compactor. Do tell me there is good news from Corellia."

Fontaine gave a serious look, holding it for a moment...

"Just kidding, old friend. I'll admit I've had a few too many this morning. Afterall, watching the most important planet in the galaxy get overrun by a bunch of pirates is a bit much to take in. Yes. I saw it on my communicator when I woke up. It truly is amazing how the Imperials continue to materialize after every loss to come back with a death wish as big as the Death Star herself."

It was no secret that Fontaine was sympathetic to the Alliance, and he had embarked on a personal campaigne in the last year to try to halt all ISTS manufacturing that would aid the Empire. He turned to his business partner..

"Listen. With this recent activity, I wouldn't be surprise if the Alliance is given a run for its money. Unfortunately for us, however, that money is connected to you and I, and ISTS. We ARE, afterall, the premiere provider for many of the Alliance's subsidiaries, and THEY provide the Alliance with technology. I tell you, it is no mystery that we are supplying them through backchannels. We get away with it simply because we have no ONE policy toward one side or the other."

Fontaine had thus far avoided the fact that he'd just supplied the Alliance with battle gear that was currently being used in the fight against the Empire on Coruscant.

"That reminds me, did your office get the confirmation of delivery from Admiral Remant'e?"

NephariusFontaine3.jpg

- The hulky form of a lone E-Wing encircled down past the atmosphere, pulling up in a slow, uneasy turn down back towards the secret hangar bay. Landing the craft gently down, the young Rebel Officer by the name of Sabian Devanus pulled himself out of the cockpit. Dusting off his flight jacket and removing his helmet, the thick mirrored panneling above him shifted up, allowing him room to exit the spacecraft. -

- With a quick spring of his legs, he freed himself of the tight compartments of the ship and began trailing past the marble flooring, unfolding the jacket off his body as he did so. -

Whew.. What a battle.. I hope they can make repairs with so few staff around.

- ..The usual busy bodied crew that was normally seen year round all, but disappeared with the majority of the vehicles and spacecraft to aid the resistance at Coruscant. It felt good to come back alive, although he knew his life was saved more then once during that battle by the Force. His thoughts also started to dwell on Onderin, now remembering he didn't see him leave with him when the fateful tragedy of the Defiant occured. -

Oh no.. Onderin..

- He immediately began searching his feelings, concentrating on the aura that of his old Master's. It was faded, unclear, his mind still at unease with many different events. He decided to spend some time in the cafeterium, grabbing a warm brew and sitting down, trying to settle his troubled mind and relax while the few engineers and crew members left made steady work at repairing the White Fang. -

Eventually she had found the mess hall, wondering why everyone had just seemed to have vanished. She'd heard rumours of a battle going on at Coruscant, but because she was still technically a civillian she wasn't informed of anything that was going on. The young 18 year old Firrerreon girl was at a loss... did she hang around longer and see about joining up or did she just pack it in as a lost cause and leave? She was still sitting down mulling it over while sipping on a strong caffa when she saw someone come in. He was obviously straight out of a battle and looked like an officer, but she wasn't sure. She hadn't even seen Adoran come into the mess hall so didn't know if he was still joining up or if he'd decided not to either.

She didn't want to disturb him, but at the same time she wanted to know if she'd been accepted into the Alliance or not. She hadn't seen General Cal Regium again either... didn't know if he was still on leave or recalled for battle... Lora remained in her chair, deciding not to disturb him from his obviously deep thoughts. Her usually happy-go-lucky tendencies squashed for the time being.

Lora.jpg

"We've yet to recieve it." His tone fell slightly at this. "Though one would not expect it quickly in a situation such as this. He is fighting a war after all." This was met with a good hearted chuckle. It was obvious that his boss was enjoying himself, and he intended to do the same. "You know, as odd as it may seem, this will be something of a vacation. Rarefied is the day that the board of Regents fail to talk my ears off with their petty squabbles." He typed a few keystrokes into his datapad. A minute later his droid entered the suite and extended a bottle of champagne and two flutes from his cranial dome.

"A gift. You know damn well how hard it is to get Cissilian Champagne, even on Cissila." He popped the cork and poured two glasses, offering one to his partner.

"Two the Alliance victory!"

Fontaine nodded as he was poured a glass of champagne. "Thankyou very much." He inspected the bottle. "A fine, year, I see."

The man took a generous sip, and looked out the window at the sea of water below.

"It really is a shame, you know. Those suits. I mean, they will likely be destroyed. It's common knoweldge that the Alliance has no reservation when it comes to deploying their specialty units. Alliance special forces... Alliance marines... they always see the brunt of the battle. Not that they aren't capable, that's for sure."

The two nodded in agreement, pausing to reflect on the thought.

"You could say, still, that I am torn between these aspects of the conflict. I am somewhat biased towards the Alliance, but their loss is good business. No. I definitely would rather have an Alliance victory than a minor to large defeat and more technology sold. Yeah."

Fontaine slumped down in a nearby chair. He'd started his company with a vision, and wondered now if that had been warped by his time as a businessman.

"I used to be a simple scientist, you know. Combine this, rerout that. Now, I feel as if I might be the very thing that cause me to form ISTS. Integrated... Systems... Technology... ... ... Solutions... WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP THAT IS!"

The man was in a reserved rage. He wanted to throw his glass at the nearby window. He started to pull back his hand, then noticed the drink that still remained. He quickly emptied the glass, and sent it crashing into the window. It didn't break, and merely rolled onto the carpet near his feet.

Fontaine took a moment to calm himself.

"I apologize. I've had problems with my temper in the past, and sometimes I just let it get the best of me." He said in a solemn voice.

"Well. Since my meetings on Coruscant are obviously canceled, we may want to head back home to Corellia. Oh! Where are my manners. How was Cissila?"

NephariusFontaine3.jpg