Myrkr

Tarrian Skywalker

Brad hurried off towards the medical bay just like Aryian had asked, still trailed by his droid. He had never met Aryian formally, but somehow he had wound up on his squad. Whatever the reason, Brad felt it had to do with the will of the Force. It took longer than it normally would have to find the medical bay, for Brad didn't have the Force with him on Mrykr, but he eventually did find it. He walked in and nodded to Aryian before settling into a spot in the back of the room.

WarrenEdit.jpg

Aryian almost laughed when Talon entered and said what he did. He respected Talon possibly more than any other Master in the Order, were it not for his sheer legend and mastery of the blade. The only one higher in his opinion was his future wife, and current leader of the Jedi Order. However, here things were different, as soon Aryian would show them. Here, there was no Force. Here, they were again mere mortals, equals regardless of their prestige in the Force.

"No, Talon...you are most definitely not late. And you haven't missed anything."

Damon walked in, and bowed to them, and just to surprise him, Aryian bowed right back, something unorthodox and unusual among the Jedi ranking system. He enjoyed the strange look on Damon's face, however it didn't stop Damon from speaking.

"You were asked here, to Myrkr, because the Special Operations Department is beginning their first training cycle to successfully give our team the skills to work in harsh conditions, like the absence of Force, as well as develop team skills. As for the Medbay...I'll address that when the final Knight shows up."

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Hartel went in directly after Damon coming in with a smirk upon his face and his dark hair flowing past his ears with remarkable grace. He saw Master Darkfire and moved his open airy smile to a smirk and bowed finding himself a comfortable place to stand and listen to their leader.

The bow did more than caught Damon off guard. It had given the joker of the jedi order a good chuckle inside of course of himself. What was said about the Special Operations Department training had taken him by surpise though. While he had more than his fair share of training though the Alliance before he made head of intellegnce and black ops it had been many years since his hay day there. He had aged consideribilly and shown as a diplomat and as a intelglect of late. He wondered what would have put him in this area of the order.

"No sign of disrespect master Aryain, but why was I asked here personally. Yes in a time before I became a jedi I was in black ops and intell for the Alliance, but it has been a while since I have relieded on that training and as a result have grown passive. How can I possible help Special Operations?"

Damon stopped and thought to help lighten the mood he add his own crack.

"That is of course if its not to "Special"of a secert that is?"

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Aryian grinned at the sly comment.

"Well...I suppose it is time I finally told you. You were all assigned to the Special Operations department because of your different skills. Hartel, you're a Mandalorian, a natural expert in combat even without the Force, something that's in your culture as well as your blood. Brad, You're here because you've not only been noted in combat, but you're also one of the best pilots in the Jedi Order, proving yourself again and again in the space combat lanes. Stephen, you're an up and coming soon to be Knight, and you show great promise from what I've read. And you, Damon, you're a master of defense, much like myself, though I also understand you prefer noncombat. You've led the Jedi in several defenses during attacks and raids, something that has gotten you noticed."

It was here he paused, looking towards Talon.

"The Masters in this Department, though, play another role entirely. Although we are here to lead and command the department, acting as mentors, I'd like the general feeling that we are all equals here. Especially here and now, on this planet. We're all pretty much off the same, with the possible exception of Hartel. Here, we are mortals, not gods among normal beings with superhuman skills and amazing talents. And it is here we will train to be better than most without these amazing skills in the Force. Our training will also take place at two other locations, a base that has yet to be constructed on Ilum, with the focal purpose of enhancing skills in the Force, and a space station at an undisclosed location where we will practice fighting in zero gravity and starfighter tactics. However, right here, now, we are here to discuss one thing that will greatly increase our effectiveness on the field."

He stopped, accessing his ship's computer memory through his implant, bringing up a set of schematics on another implant he had designed with features similar to his own. They were unhackable, and it not only gave them a way to retain information they needed to retain, but if they were captured it would also destroy itself, leaving it's host intact. They were EMP protected as well as electrically insulated, so as not to act as a conduit if they got electrocuted.

"This is a design I came up with for an Implant. As you can see, it's relatively small, and will be located on the inside of your skull. It's main function is to allow nonverbal communication between each other, using an advanced system of synchronized fluctuating comm frequencies that render it encrypted as well as perfectly safe. It would act like telepathy for us, though we'd be able to use it in the absence of Force, and it would be undetectable by other Force users as well as modern Comm technology. Jamming fields, however, would pose a problem, and if you'd like you could make it slightly larger with a motivator to punch through jamming at short range, though long range that'd be impossible for a unit of this size."

He turned to Damon now, and extra thing in mind for him.

"Damon...I understand that you are highly against combat and fighting, which is hwy I've also designed a different implant for you, however a larger one. It will allow you to communicate with the onboard systems of the Shadow Station with ease, as your main function in this team, or so I envisioned, would be that of the home base coordinator. You'd have all sorts of technology at your fingertips, monitoring us and coordinating us on our missions from a remote location. This would keep you from direct confrontation, and allow you to use some of your better skills in the light side of the Force. I won't lie to those gathered here, we're here to learn things that are considered highly borderline from the mainstream Jedi Orthodox beliefs, many of the 'purer' Jedi could quite possibly say that we would be studying the Dark side. However, it is my solid belief that those present are strong enough to overcome that, as we would not be practicing the Dark side itself, merely studying it in order to learn how to better take it down."

He gestured, the order already sent a few minutes ago through his implant as several medical droids rolled into the medbay, taking positions at exactly six beds.

"This is purely optional, though I feel it could enhance the structure and mobility of our team only that much more. The operation will take about an hour, and when you wake up, the next set of instructional information will already be in the implant awaiting your access. Those that do not wish to recieve the implant are welcome to join me in the Meditation room, or to do what you'd like until the rest of the team is done, when the training will begin."

Blz1mwg.png

And so Aryian explained to them why this specific group of Jedi had been called together. They were all members of the new division, Special Ops, and they were here to begin their training. Of course, it would be training without the Force while here on Myrkyr. Talon surmised as much even before arriving- why else would they be coming to a Forceless planet? Aryian continued to explain about why they had been called specifically to the med-bay. They were being given the option of receiving implants.

Talon was always leery of such mechanical enhancements. No doubt, these implants sounded very useful, but there just was something odd feeling about having something foreign swimming around in his body. He did already had a number of nanites crawling around in his blood stream which could serve a variety of functions, but they had been put there without his knowledge or consent. The Jedi had at the time been unconscious, after a duel with the Dark Lord of the Sith, Kakuto Ryu. While he successfully fought off the Sith Master, he suffered a shattered femur from one of Kakuto's many war-hammers. The medics whom operated on him injected the nanites as a healing mechanism to correct the bone, and keep a future watch over it.

Talon shivered ever so slightly from memory of the event. If one played close enough attention, he might be able to perceive that the Jedi Master still walked with the slightest of limps. But if he or she was paying that close attention, they would also notice that it was no longer a nuisance or a problem- merely a lasting impression, so to speak.

Bringing his attention back to the present, he spoke up.

”œThe brain is a very delicate thing. Are you sure these things have no side-effects or hidden dangers? They're entirely safe?”

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

"Well...I've had mine for nearly a year now, and I've had no side effects. The thing is nearly an extension of me now, like a third arm. So far, I've tried to make them as safe as possible regarding hidden dangers...if an outside source attempts to use it to their advantage, it'll destroy itself from the inside, a contained loop feed that overloads the delicate circutry without any harm to the brain."

Aryian shrugged. He didn't think these were all that dangerous.

"Of course, it is totally optional."

Blz1mwg.png

"Of course..."

In response, Talon was the first to jump up on one of the tables. He was satisfied with Aryian's explanation.

"Well I'm not gettin' any younger. I suppose we oughta go ahead and get this over with..."

The droid administered some sort of anesthetic, and the last thing Talon was heard saying before he passed out was "... sometimes you gotta man up and take one for the tea..."

Then everything went black.

Character Sheet

The idea of technology being inserted into his skull didn't sit too well with Brad. While he was not opposed to technology, he preferred things to for external use only. It worried him that the thing might blow up in his brain, despite Aryian's assurance that they were safe. If both Aryian and Talon were up to getting them, than Brad supposed he was too.

"Well, I suppose I'll have to get one of these things if you really think we need them Aryian. I just wish you would've decided to do this at a place where we had to Force. Certainly would've helped with the healing process." Brad sighed and lied down on the bed, waiting for the anesthesia to take hold and knock him unconscious for the surgery. The surgical droid nearby administered some anesthesia and Brad fell into a deep sleep.

WarrenEdit.jpg

The thought of everything going on made Damon wonder if this really was the right thing to do. However he had changed over the years and as such evolved into who he is.

"Well even though my implant will be the biggest your plan makes the most sense. I will go on the fact that I simply trust your judgement Aryain. Also thankyou for taking consideration for my personal prefernces. When I come out you will have to explain this shadow station to me and what it does in the mean time lets get this show on the road."

With that he lied down the table and was injected with a seditive that slowly sent him to sleep.

Scorso's violet hues ossified upon viewing the enslaved workforce. Their metallic exteriors were needlessly polished and their obedience absolute... the mere whim of a human dictating their every step and thought. Though some have claimed such droids to not hold souls, which made the ideal for a multitude of situations without ethical debate, the man still detested the very thought. There are few things that different types of people fear. For the introvert, it may be greatness. For the great, it may be mediocrity. For the mediocre, it may be the exceptional. For the exceptional... it was ignorance.

I am without fear. The thought was cold, stern... like the icy chill of a winter night. Resolute. Absolute.

In all this, the man was wondering particularly how he would fit into this equation. He was but an apprentice, an insect among the pantheon as far as the jedi were concerned. Here, he found himself personally to be an equal... the lack of force being that equalizer. Still, he turned toward Aryian for clarification.

”œAryian,”

jpgwf7.jpg

"You are a Jedi because you are my Padawan...and yes, the implant is offered to you. As my Padawan, you naturally fall under my area of training, meaning you will recieve the same training as everyone else."

He turned to his apprentice, looking him in the eyes. It was amazing, here, his Padawan could strike him down rather easily, and Aryian wouldn't have a chance, regardless of all Aryian's training.

"As for me, I'm going to the meditation room. You can get the implant if you wish, or you can join me in meditation. Your choice."

With that, Aryian turned, going to the Meditation room, shortly outside of the Med bay. He sat down on a pad, and began thinking deeply. One didn't need the Force to meditate.

Blz1mwg.png

So they have finally developed, or stole, the chip we have put inside Mandalorian Commandos for years. It's about time, I would not have expected it to last forever but it is regardless a good innovation for a Jedi to have one.

Aryian's grandeur speech mostly floated by the ears of the Mandalorian as he picked apart to portions that will directly effect him and his duty. However, Aryian's true understanding of Mandalorian culture made an impact on the Jedi Knight and he made a promise one day to instruct him int he ways of Mandalore, for to be a Mandalorian, much like to be a Jedi, is not decided on Race, Species, or Heritage, but on your will and ability to obey and respect the laws of their kind. His kind.

Vode An

Hartel made his way down the hall after the speech had been concluded and waited his turn to have the chip installed. It was a bit of a long wait, but then again Hartel was the last in line so it made since that such things would be so. The Mandalorian began to readjust his menagerie of weapons which were on him to include his three separate Lightsabers. He took one and placed it within his gauntlet allowing it to be able to be taken out if necessary. This was his Green bladed saber he hid in this stash.

After he placed it within the gauntlet he wondered if it were possible to create a lightsaber built into the gauntlet that he could activate with the force or a button and it would be like a hilt attached to his wrist. He would have to ask Master Aryian that question later.

Now it was his turn to receive this surgical process and the Mandalorian being familiar with the process, having watched it being done many times, situated himself in the proper place while he was put into a anesthesia while the droids placed the chip where it was required.

The Jedi Knight awoke form his sleep a few hours later feeling not at all different but he knew something was different.

((No instructions yet so...yeah...))

When they would wake, instructions would be in the chip, easily erasable. This small piece of information would be to break them in with the use of the Implant, how to access and erase virtual data. The message went as follows for all the Jedi save Damon:

Greetings. So far, the procedure went successfully, but now it is time to learn how to access and erase virtual memory. The unit you recieved has an almost limitless storage capacity, able to record and replay thoughts and other live action experience by compressing the data into a special format. Your orders are as follows: proceed to the blaster range, secure a blaster, and master the advanced course. Work on perfecting your aim. Using the Heads-up display the Implant offers is optional, new technology allows you to mount a special combination laser-camera onto the weapon, and programmed to the frequency of the implant allows you to see it in your left eye. Only you know the frequency, and it can be changed manually, however you should only do so when ordered on verbal contact, as the frequency is a shifting variable, unpredictable, and thus extremely hard to tap into.

After training with projectile weapons, the next thing you should move onto is one-on-one duels with training sabers in the main Dojo. Without the Force, this will be difficult, as you'll have to learn to se the other's move coming by looking at their body language. But you are all Jedi, your minds are naturally strong. At first, it's going to be very awkward, but concentrate, the one thing you are good at doing, and it becomes easier. It's not a perfect art, but once offplanet you will notice a dynamic increase in your dueling abilities. I will return to train with you after I complete...an errand.

However, Damon's information had a different set of orders entirely, with a subset of information only Aryian could unlock for him when the time was right, information dealing with the shadow station. His specific orders were to see Aryian in the meditation room.

((Yeah, I'm going to unlock it when we get there. Anyways...just so it's not as vague anymore, there are your orders, guys. We're going to be doing a little more than that, starfighter simulations, plus a short team-on-team exercise to get your combative teamwork skills up to par. Otherwise...I think the rest of the training on Myrkr is optional in the future. There's labs to develop weapons, lightsabers, and most other offense devices. So...yeah.))

Blz1mwg.png

After surgery Damon awoke and felt fine for everything but an itich. It had been a while since he had gone under with out the force near by to help aid the recovery. However circumstances could not be help and now Damon knowing what Aryian had in mind useage of the force would not be guarnteed anymore. A message was recived via the implant telling him simply to head to the medition room and find Aryain. After a crack of the neck Damon headed to the said room.

Walking from the med bay to the meditation room was actally not that far and only took a minute. Damon came to the door only to have is swoosh open to the sides revealing Aryian and only what could be assumed as his padawan.

"I am here as you asked once again Aryian. What is it that I can do for you?"

((Actually, I'm not sure he's in here with me just yet...>.>))

Aryian looked up when he heard the door open, glad to see his preprogramming had worked.

"Damon...you are an exemplary Knight, well versed in the Jedi ways, yet you still have a few faults, at least from my point of view. From what I've read about you on file, you dislike combat possibly more than Ara-Lai, or Skye Organa. Defense is a noble and honorable art, yet without the value of learning when to use offense, when to simply use your lightsaber instead of try to maintaining peace can be nearly as bad as using it all the time. There is a healthy medium. Just as we see the violent Sith wreak havok and carnage across the galaxy, the complete opposite is a Jedi unwilling to fight...at the very least defending only."

He looked up to Damon, fully realizing he nearly compared him to the Sith, something unintended. The point he was trying to make, and not doing well at was that Damon needed to learn to be aggressive for his own good, to take back that part of him that told him when to fight, when to outright attack, to ultimately benefit his brethren and himself.

"What...what are your thoughts on this?"

Blz1mwg.png

Talon woke in what seemed like instants later to the slightly annoying prodding of a med-droid. He was groggy, and he rubbed his eyes several times in an attempt to wake himself. His vision was still blurry, so he squinted. He was in the same bed. Two of the Jedi had already left, and two were still on the chopping block. Strange whirs and hums filled the air, and there were several blood stained instruments in a rack beside his bed. He could only imagine what had happened to him through the surgery”¦

He reached up to feel his forehead. There was a bacta-patch on it, covering a very small slice. Strangely enough, he didn't really feel much different. The flesh under the patch itched a little in the healing process, but the chip itself seemed nonexistent. The chip, however, was intent on making itself known. A message played itself to the Jedi Master. It was from Aryian, giving them instructions and getting them used to the chip's interface. It was odd at first, but basically it was as simple as moving your finger or taking a step forward.

After listening to the message, Talon left the med-bay and, as instructed, headed off for the blaster range. To test the new implant, Talon ”˜telepathically' commed his astromech Zee.

Character Sheet

((Feh...one other thing. As for the course itself, the basic course is just popup targets that stay up until you shoot them. The Moderate course is timed popup targets, where they pop up and down, staying up longer or shorter depending on a randomizer generator, never up longer than nine seconds for the very far away targets. The Advanced course is similar, except the targets move in different directions at three different speeds. The Expert course is shot from a moving platform, you are moving back and forth while the other targets pop up and move as well.))

Blz1mwg.png

Damon listened and noticed that Aryain had called him a Sith. However Aryian did not intend do as noted in his voice. Due to his training long ago even with out the force Damon could read most people. Yet somthing could not be pulled from Aryian. The only thing left to do was to replay and see where his train of thought went.

"Always defending is not the way to victory. In my studies and in my life experinces we as jedi are to act as a response to events. I will say this though. Some times waiting to be attacked and only responding leads to a loss of life. People must die if one only responds. That was why I threw caution yet supported Flynn Relmis proposed attack on the sith early this year as well as the first to launch into enemy held areas to save lives instead of waiting for reinforcements. Some would say offense is the best defense. I on the other hand know that defense is the best offense. When we are force to attack we should attack hard, fast, and as cautioned as abled."

Damon stopped and breathed for a second. His thoughts were stating to top on each other and repeat. Once he was calmed he continued.

"I know its not a honed answer, yet that is an answer that I will stick to. Not to be rude, but what promted the question Aryian. From what I heard about you from others you are not exactlly the most philospic among jedi."

It was said with a smirk and a very obvious hint of sarcism.

Aryian grunted, an extremely un-enlightened-masterful thing to do infront of what would be in the Order technically considered a subordinate. Aryian didn't think of any member that way, he simply thought beings had different knowledge. To treat someone down because they were technically below you was an inane notion thought up by silly people.

"They do, do they? Well, they lied. And...I'm changing in my older age, I suppose."

Aryian chuckled for a moment, relishing that small comment. True, he liked philosophy, but didn't exactly show it.

"And it was not a honed question, as you obviously heard. Regardless...and to be perfectly honest, I have found that neither the best offense nor the best defense makes up for the other...it is a balance of both, even if they are not perfect. Unless, of course, your opponents are unevenly balanced towards one or the other, in which case you take the opposite path to match them and throw them off."

He stood, looking him in the eye.

"I'd like to have you duel me and prove your methods. What is at stake is your master ranks. Yes, that's right, I've been looking at potential Masters in the Order in my off time, and your profile fits it nicely. Your trials will be soon, aboard the Shadow station. I will not spare you any mercy either, so remember that. I will be your enemy, you must defeat me using any means necessary, even if that means...well...'killing' me."

Aryian used the quotes hand gesture on the word 'killing', allowing Damon to know it would be a non-lethal duel, however the strong intone made it clear he was serious about giving his best to make sure Damon wouldn't succeed.

"These are your Master trials. Are you prepared to take them?"

Blz1mwg.png

Damon listend and lowered his head to Aryains response, but did a let a smile cross his face in fair light of all of the joking. The smile quickly vanished though after he was told that Aryain wanted to duel him. Not just for fun or to simply compare skills. Damon's face lost all signs of emoition. Two words now ran though his head. Master Trial. The thought of having to duel one of the most well known duelist among masters sent Damon's mind into a state of multiple thoughts.

After breathing and calming his mind was he able to respon to Aryian.

"A duel agaisnt you in a "win or die" format. I will prove to you my philospy of life though our fight. You shall see that even though I am only half a man I am more than any one can hope to be. I am ready."

"Good. Hesitation can sometimes be good, but it is often fatal. Had you asked for time to consider, the offer might not have been there...at last from me..."

Aryian winked at him, walking past him to the door. Through Damon's implant, he communicated, relaying certain information.

["Meet me at the Shadow station...there is a specific algorithm you'll need to input into your navicomputer in order to find it...relaying it...now..."]

The information shot to Damon's implant, giving him the ability to find the space station. Meanwhile, Aryian boarded his ship and left the base, destined for the station.

Blz1mwg.png

The infomation from the algorythm shot instantly into the implant and into Damon's mind. It was werid at first but he guess he woudl simply have to get used to it.

Damon made haste to the hangar where he grabbed himself a simple x-wing. He uploaded the infomation to the NAV computer and went to where Shadow Station was hidden now awaiting his arrival.

Groggily rising from the table, Brad stumbled a bit as the extensive anesthesia wore off. Those kinds of drugs always had a great affect on him, and he was always a deep sleeper. It wasn't surprising to him that he was one of the last ones out of bed. Brad began to inspect himself mentally, but then he realized he lacked the Force. This planet was certainly going to test Brad's trust in others, he guessed.

A ping-like feeling in his temple alerted him that something was amiss, and Brad quickly realized it was the new chip in his head. The Jedi was able to access the information easily enough, and he even found the shooting range without much trouble. He hadn't been on Myrkr long and he already realized how much he relied on the Force for guidance. Without it was like he was blind after being able to see, and it wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Selecting a E-11B Blaster rifle, Brad went over to the shooting range and ran through the program. He had been a decent shot before when he used the Force, and without it still managed to hit the target well enough. When he finally figured out how to use the HUD it made him significantly more accurate. He had managed to complete the master's course well enough, and had quite a few 'headshots'.

The Jedi Knight continued to practice his shooting until he was given further instructions...

WarrenEdit.jpg

Awakening...

A new world graced the young man as his lids opened, a jumbled melange of messages bombarding his mind seemingly all at once. However, their processing was a mere breeze to the technological triumph that was this implant, every syllable exponentially clearer than before. Sharp. Crisp. Crystalline. It was a revelation, a reassurance that all he had hoped for had been achieved with the simple installation of a miniscule chip.

His system adjusting to the air yet again, Scorso sluggishly brought himself to his feet and began to walk towards the way the medical droid pointed him. Steps spread their silent ripples of echo about his feet, his senses astonishingly hypersensitive to all their sensors. Every breath was forced, the cold air feeling like ice down his throat. Such was his usual reaction after acclimating to an environment after slumber of any sort.

He finally found the room, noting the other jedi plinking of targets rather effortlessly. It was clear some of them had experience with the weapons, yet Scorso was about to show them how it was done... he hoped.

Selecting a DH-18, he stepped up to the range. Outlines of figures appeared in transparent sheets of blue, erecting themselves from a multitude of locations. Attaching a micro-camera upon the end of his barrel, he was able to line up his sights perfectly. Each one of them fell to his aim rather easily, the perpetual bursts of plasma dispensing with each electronic target it met.

Preparing for later rounds, Scorso went to get a Proton Carbine. The mere appearance of the weapon was badass (Think H&K G36 SW style). When the targets next appeared, they were sure to be in for a rude... and abrupt awakening.

jpgwf7.jpg

When Talon picked up the gun and leveled it at the closest target, his eye lined up down the barrel of the gun, his finger squeezed the trigger, and a short burst of bolts flashed from the gun. There was the sweet, resonating, PLINK PLINK, and the target fell over backwards.

HIT

He moved to the second target.

HIT

By the time he got to the third target, he was not taking the sweet time to perfectly line up the shot. It was a more fluid, point and shoot strategy.

HIT

In one fluid motion he was to the fourth. Talon didn't suppose he was doing half bad. Although the targets so far had all been at a short range, he felt like he was getting acquainted. Another burst of bolts flew from the gun.

MISS?!

Talon lowered the weapon and looked up more closely. Sure enough, the last target was still standing, with not a single singe mark to be seen. This was”¦ disappointing. Of course, Talon never had been well versed with the blaster rifle. Close range melee had always been his specialty, so this training would have extra meaning for him. But it also meant he would have to work all the harder just to get caught up with his squad mates. So, Talon again raised the weapon, and started back from the beginning.

Character Sheet

((NPC))

Erik Hendricks, 'retired' Alliance Major, walked into the shooting arena, noting as the Jedi tried to shoot at several targets, mostly with success. Most of them were fairly well built for combat, this Aryian had done rather well making his selection from the Jedi ranks.

He calmly walked up to the gun rack, selecting a simple E-11 blast rifle, one of the newer models that thankfully didn't have crappy focusing crystals. Next to Talon's lane, he set up the Advanced course, calmly taking aim and shooting every single target that popped up in the head with a refined ease. It was clear this man had a lot of experience, though as of yet, he simply wanted the rest of the Jedi to acknowledge him. Although he could not use the Force himself, here, he was their superior. Perhaps, even, to the Mandalorian he had seen wandering aorund the base. He had taken some Mandalorian martial arts training from a long dead friend of his, and knew how it worked well enough to beat it with other techniques.

He stayed silent, simply blasting away, maintaining a perfect shot through over fifty targets, waiting for the rest of the jedi to acknowledge his presence.

Blz1mwg.png

As Brad continued to practice his marksmanship, he began to become very bored at the repetitive task. The Jedi Knight had already managed to get a hit percentage of one-hundred, and further practice would do him little good. As he looked around, he noticed some of the other people around him also appeared quite bored. It appeared that Talon was the ranking Jedi, but Aryian wasn't here so maybe they could break away from the 'training' for a while.

As Brad thought about what might be beneficial to do, besides shooting at boring targets, an idea slowly formed in his head. "Hey guys, if you're getting as bored as I am, why don't we play some tag. We can set the blasters down nice and low so it'll take a few shots to stun us. It'll be better than shooting this targets without end, because these targets won't behave like actual people would. So, what do you say?"

WarrenEdit.jpg

((Okaaaaay, fine, no more blasters. Time to move onto lightsaber dueling. This shouldn't take too long. Then I'll make the base on Ilum and we can go there to learn a few Force skills.))

Aryian landed his ship on Myrkr, glad to be done with his other business. Now he could focus more on the training of his Special Operations forces, both his own training, and making sure the rest of the team was trained up. Silently, he used his implant to deliver a message to a particular official in the base.

["Major Hendricks, if the team is where I think it is, it's time to move into Phase Alpha two. Be ready for me."]

((NPC))

Erik looked over towards one of the Jedi, one he had read on known as Brad. He suggested they begin shooting each other on low level energy, a sort of 'tag' game. Subtly, he thumbed the power down on his blaster, shooting from the hip and nailing Brad square in the chest.

"If you're bored, why don't we move on to something a little more challenging? How about..."

Aryian walked in at that moment, tossing a saber hilt at Erik, who had been expecting it, and caught it deftly, igniting it in a spin. Aryian ignited his own, charging at Erik, blocking the initial blow Erik dealt him before bisecting him in a slash across the waist. Of course, Aryian had set both sabers to training levels beforehand, the saber harmlessly passing through his waist as if it weren't there.

They both stopped, and Erik bowed to Aryian, who returned the bow. This time, it was Aryian who picked up the conversation, drawing attention from all the Jedi in the range facility.

"We're going to move into saber training next, to learn a few techniques that should improve your swordsmanship skills. Major Hendricks here is a master of martial arts, and recently, he has been given the go-ahead to be trained by several adepts at the art of lightsaber dueling, and over the past few months has picked up quite a bit. The advantage this gives us, of course, is that he cannot use the Force, meaning he has developed his own methods to dueling, the various tells and signs someone gives with their body movement while they engage in lightsaber swordplay."

Aryian was met with a few blank looks among the Jedi present, to which he simply rolled his eyes and began walking to a door on the side of the range.

"Come on, let's all go to the dojo. It's time we learned a bit of Martial Arts as well as some extra lightsaber training. Even I've got stuff to learn."

Blz1mwg.png