Carida

Darth Heretic

As Doran made his way into the Admirals quarters, a small flash of resentment sparked within Lt. Breslins mind. Immediately he could feel the Force begin to flow through him once more. As he felt the heat within him begin to rise, he flashed back to the moment during the Gauntlet where he felt the Force trying to consume him. In that moment he had almost given himself over to what he had heard the Jedi call The Dark Side. In that split second he had nearly forsaken everything he held dear. He would surely have slaughtered Doran, his new partner. He would have used his new powers to destroy any of his former comrades who stood against him. And he knew he would have delighted in it. And then, had he given in, he would have desecrated the flesh of his Emperor before claiming the throne of the Empire as his own. As the memory flashed behind his hidden eyes, his feelings toward Doran changed. They changed from anger, to pity, and perhaps suspicion. Maybe the Imperial Knight had felt the same temptation he had and it delayed his response. That was the answer Cathair hoped for, because if Doran had fallen to temptation, things were only going to get much worse.

As he heard the Naval Captain address Nokrt, beneath his visored helm, a look of shock and anger passed over his face. If a cargo shuttle had indeed been captured, the SOP Stormtrooper compliment would have died before allowing it to surrender. As his mind flashed to the families of those men who had died, a feeling of vengeance overcame him. More of his brothers had died because there were those in the galaxy dedicated to rebellion and upheaval. If only he could silence those voices, his brothers would be safe, and could live their lives in peace.

As the Grand Admiral turned his attention once again to the Knights, Cathair began to visualize in his mind, his own lightsaber. As moments fled by, the image in his mind kept changing. Never the exact same twice. Blade colors and hilt designs fluttered through his mind. Of course, he first saw the famous hilts of known Jedi and Sith. Then the slight variants made by their apprentices. And then he began to change small things in each weapon. None pleasing him, none feeling quite right. As he rose from his seat and made his way towards his assigned quarters,

he wondered how his lightsaber would turn out in the end.

Taking a seat in front of his personal terminal, the Imperial Knight called up the plansand information on lightsabers that Admiral Nokrt had sent him. Removing his helmet, the soldier breathed in the cool fresh air and ran his hands through his now shiny black hair. He knew before he went to the Ilum, that he would need to make a trip to the refresher and clean his armor. Concentrating on the information in front of him, Cathair noticed the similarities and differences between a lightsaber and a blaster. Many times during his basic training, he had been called upon to disassemble his E-11, clean it, and reassemble the weapon to pristine working order. Since graduating from the Academy, he had begun using the technique to calm himself. And now he felt it would pay off in the end. Each of the components in the lightsaber were very common except the crystal. But what surprised him was the way the parts fit together, becoming very efficient in its power usage, loosing almost no power no matter how long the blade stayed active. As he scrolled through the information, he noticed a side note that told him the Force was often used to the fuse the pieces together at the microscopic level, to make small alignments and adjustments that could only be made using the Force. It seemed he would need to draw on the well of power the Force offered him once more. He only hoped that his feelings of temptation by The Dark Side would not impact the construction of his blade.

breslin1.png

Service. Fealty. Fidelity The Empire is the greatest Glory! We seek to protect the Empire. Unshakable is our devotion to the Empire. To Die for the Empire is the highest of honors!

Jate's ship newly rechristened the Dar'yaim exited hyperspace over Cardia, she maneuvered her ship into orbit over the green planet. She opened up a channel to the Imperial base”¦.

”œHello, I was wondering of what service I could be to the mighty Empire, I can help in whatever way you need me”¦.”

aBzDHvj.png

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur

Jate's comlink buzzed, it contained a message from the Imperial base on the surface, it included landing codes, and directions. She left orbit and eventually landed on the surface of the planet, she walked to the security station, presented the codes and was led to the receptionist's desk deep within the base. Jate approached nervously, ”œI wish to see the commander”¦.it regards to serving the Empire as a bounty hunter, of even a stormtrooper”¦..so”¦.can I make an appointment or something”¦?”

aBzDHvj.png

The Commander was renowned for his maintenance of one of th emost important bases in the Empire and was used for meetings with special cases needing entry into the Empire. He took one look up and saw that the Mandalorian in front of him was Female and then heard her plea for employment. He sat back in his chair and motioned her to sit in the opposite seat.

"Women are not allowed in our general stormtrooper corps, the casualty rate is so high we just cannot allow that. However as you are a Bounty Hunter, the Empire is always looking for new talent. There are targets in the Rebellion we would love to see exterminated."

The Commander handed the woman a datapad with all the information regarding the target ((Check PMs)).

"This one is a nuisance that must be dealt with regardless. Causes us worry everytime they are on a battlefield. Kill him. Dismissed."

The Commander returned to his work allowing the Bounty Hunter to get to work.

"Yes sir!"

Jate almost giddy with joy, could barely contain her self! She ran to her ship and lifted off into space.

She knew she would need help with this one....so she looked nto her father's contact book, and found his most trusted friend: Crosa Hoverich. Jate doubted Crosa knew about her, her father hadn't even met Crosa when he had left her and her mother.

But Jate knew plenty about him from the holos her father sent back.....and from his diseased mutterings on his deathbed. That was not the way she wanted to go out, raving like a possessed being. Cancer of the brain was terrible, Jate could only hope that she didn't get it.

She opened a Comm channel to Crosa established contact then disappeared into hyperspace......

aBzDHvj.png

• 4 weeks later...

Serenity, a YT-1300 light freighter, made its way through the atmosphere and into the airspace of Cardia. The planet tugged on Jera's face, its gravity was higher than that she was used to. Slightly familiar with Imperial procedure, she approached an empty landing pad cautiously, her comm-links open to pick up any transmissions coming from the base.

The ship landed softly, and Jera pushed a multitude of buttons to secure the ship in place. She picked herself up from the pilot's chair, brushed herself twice to flatten her uniform, and walked into the hallway just outside the boarding ramp. Vinnie was there waiting for her, and tweetled, excited of her coming to see him before she departed.

"Be on your best behavior, Vinnie." The Omwati girl told the R9 unit before running a hand through her feathers on her head. Her blue skin contrasted beautifully with her white feathers. "Some nice armored men might come in here just to be safe."

Vinnie tweetled again in response, not irritated but feeling lonely. Somehow, Jera messed with his wiring, and now she could understand exactly what he was saying at times.

"It'll be okay. I always come back, don't I?" She asked with a smile.

He tweetled in a high, excited tone. Jera gave him a slight pat on the top of his head and stood, leaving for the boarding ramp. "Leave this open, Vinnie." She commanded, descending the ramp.

There was little doubt the ship would be inspected. From scans as it descended all the way to an armed guard of men who did such things for a living. Meanwhile while all of this was taking place all signs would lead the new individual into the halls of the academy. there she could use any terminal to declare her intent.

It was a rather lax was of handling unscheduled visitors to be sure. Depending on how fast she moved, she would no doubt find the goal of her desire located first and foremost in classroom 22349 B of the engineering campus. She would have to hustle no doubt to get thereon time. Mainly due to the recent adoption of a policy that allowed students to enroll when ever they were available. Sill she would be the last member of a class of thirty for the program she was shooting for.

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

Jera found a terminal, no doubt. She typed in her name along with a few other details, along with the program of choice for her. Sure enough, it led her to classroom 22349 B. Engineering campus. This teacher knew his stuff.

She ran to the campus, using a newly downloaded map on her datapad. It led her straight to the classroom, and she barged through the doors quickly, drawing glances from the other twenty nine beings in the room, not including the instructor, who just kept on going. She quietly made her way to the nearest open seat, muttering apologies as she did so. She listened intently to the instructor, and took notes on her datapad like most of the other students.

And then the instructor did something Jera did not expect. He placed a large terminal, obviously specially made, and turned it on, inputting something into it. He then turned to everyone in the room. "Slice into it. I want a specific piece of information." Was all he said, and he took a seat. Jera looked around at the other students, who were all either fiddling with tools or giving each other confused glances.

Yay.

She sat back, and clucked a couple buttons on her datapad. Connected. She then clicked a few more, intently staring at her datapad. She entered a few codes, getting into the terminal itself was easy. Getting the information the teacher wanted was hard. She then came across something of interest - a hyperdrive log? She began to stand as a Kel Dor student rushed past her.

"This right?" He asked enthusiastically.

Feirfek! Jera scolded herself. She stood next to her desk, waiting for the instructor's answer.

"No." The human said, plainly, and then returned to his chair. Jera rushed up there and almost through her datapad at him.

He returned her the same glance. "No."

Stang, now I look like an idiot. Her blue skin donned a shade of purple around her cheeks, and she returned to her seat, fiddling once more. She then came across something of interest to her, at least. She brought it back up to the instructor.

He looked at the datapad with confusion, and then checked his terminal. He looked at Jera with disdain and... Pride. He handed her her datapad slowly.

"Never has a student barged into my classroom, heard the last of a lecture, and got the test right." He smiled, and pat her on her shoulder.

Jera smiled, and returned to her seat, a sense of achievement washing over her.

((Oh my bad been off and on for a while.))

A man walked across the podium, nothing but, rows and rows of eager students sitting infront of him. Their eager and bright faces lit up by the monitors in front of them. With each footfall, the voices grew silent until a pin drop could be heard as he came to a stop.

"Welcome to my class ladies and gentlemen. You can call me the mentor.

My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for."

He smiled and clapsed his hands together.

"Now then as long as there have been computers, there have been hackers. Rules and the law were

disregarded in their pursuit for the 'hack'. Just as they were enthralled with their pursuit of information, so are we. The thrill of the hack is not in

breaking the law, it's in the pursuit and capture of knowledge.

To this end, let me contribute my suggestions for guidelines to follow to

ensure that not only you stay out of trouble, but you pursue your craft without damaging the computers you hack into or the factions who own them.

I. Do not intentionally damage *any* system.

It does you no good to get into the system and then damage it so you can't get in again.

II. Do not alter any system files other than ones needed to ensure your

escape from detection and your future access (Trojan Horses, Altering

Logs, and the like are all necessary to your survival for as long as

possible.)

III. Do not leave your (or anyone else's) real name, real handle, or real

phone number on any system that you access illegally. They *can* and

will track you down from your handle!

IV. Be careful who you share information with.

If you would look under your chair you have all been granted special imperial datapads. These datapads should be where you keep all of your future devlopments.

V. Do not leave your real comm number to anyone you don't know.

VI. Do not hack Imperial computers. Feel free to hack any and ALL REBEL or ALLIANCE or what ever new fangle thing they are calling themselves. However, the ISB has been cracking down heavily on would be hackers....lets just say you don't want to get into their clutches so soon shall we.

VII. Don't use codes unless there is NO way around it! You use codes long enough, you will get caught. Period.

VIII. Don't be afraid to be paranoid. Remember, you are breaking the law. Well if you consider anything not the Empire as having a law. BUt many plantary governments also have their own laws. It doesn't hurt to store everything encrypted on your Datapad, or keep your notes buried in the backyard or in the cargobin in your ship.

You may feel a little funny, but you'll feel a lot funnier when you

when you meet Dac, your transvestite cellmate who axed his family to

death and then torched the remains.

IX. Watch what you post on boards. Most of the really great hackers in the

Universe post pretty much nothing about the system they're currently working.

X. Don't be afraid to ask questions. That's what more experienced hackers

are for. Don't expect everything you ask to be answered, though. There are some things that a begining hacker shouldn't mess with. You'll either get caught, or screw it up for

others, or both.

XI. Finally, you have to actually hack. You can hang out on boards all you

want, and you can read all the text files in the world, but until you

actually start doing it, you'll never know what it's all about. There's

no thrill quite the same as getting into your first system.

Now then with those guidelines in place let me tell you of your first assignment. The best place to begin hacking other than a college is on one of thebigger networks such as Galaticnet. If you are wondering why not Holonet...it is a lot harder than some people make it seem.

thenetworks are fairly well documented. It's easier to find someone who can helpyou with a problem off of Galaticnet than it is to find assistance concerning your local college computer or high school machine however.

the networks are safer.

Because of the enormous number of calls that are fielded every day by the big networks, it is not financially practical to keep track of where every call and connection are made from. It is also very easy to disguise your location using the network, which makes your hobby much more secure.

So here is your assignment. (In three posts) You are to recover a copy of a little prize I have left some where in the Galaticnet network. Believe me you will know it when you see it. Just a fun little suprise for those of you comptenant enough to grasp it. Good luck have fun and do not disappoint me."

With a simple turn he he strode off the stage.

detonsigoq4.png

• 1 year later...

I used to think that once we have a war there is only one thing to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war. Yet it seems the galaxy or perhaps really a young girl taught me a different way.

His hand wiped away a sweat covered brow. Strong hands moved with purpose, a quiet efficiency in his movements as he carried on his work. There was a time that the man as he was would have never been seen in such a setting. There was a time where his every whim was carried out with brutal efficiency. He was able cause whole planets to rise at the sound of his voice. Yet here he was now in this bright early morning, alone, working the very land he used to own.

He felt the dirt break, the movement causing the ancient tool to shutter in his hands. Well worn hands held the poor device just loosely enough for it to not break under the strain of being driven by such a powerful man. It was hard, back breaking work. The work was also quite exacting, a far different contrast than what he was used to. Where he could merely cast out a die, take a gamble and the fear would leap into his enemy's eyes. He remembered the feeling of watching men be terrified of what he would do, it was in a way addicting. He had not thought so at the time, yet now with such time to reflect he did miss the rush of adrenaline on occasion.

Then as now; he had had reason for the things he did. Worlds upon worlds screamed his name upon his ascension to power. Happy to have the previous emperor fallen and for him to have stepped up in his place. It was the way of most Emperor, they were a holding line against the nastiness of anarchy. They were a clear and definitive symbol against such things. It was almost shocking how far he had fallen since those times.

The former Emperor began to hum a tune to himself as he worked. He was lost in his reflections of times past. Lost in just how fragile government could truly be. After all one minute he held the key to every door in the galaxy. Where mere mention of his name a cause for great accolades and ballads written about him and to him. Next it was as if everything closed on him. Even his mightiest of endeavors and enterprises seemed to slip as if they had foundations of salt and sand.

The work took his mind off of what else seemed to play deep in the background. It reminded him of religious bells being played, perhaps those of a funeral procession. Why they played during the quiet times he had, he knew not. Yet on some level they terrified him, he truly did not know death. He had escaped it many times; try as death might to capture him. Yet even though he was terrified, what else was there for a man such as he to look forward to? What else could compare to the feeling of ruling a galaxy? Surely the good he had accomplished would warrant him some reward when he finally passed on in this life?

”œHeh, here I am as a young man, and it seems I feel as though my life is over. Young in body, old in soul.”

detonsigoq4.png

• 1 month later...

Within hours of leaving Courscant, Draken's ship landed at the Governors palace on Cardia and disembarked from his ship. Almost immediately he was met by the Governors guards who demanded to know his purpose on Cardia. "I'm here to see Governor Rustic. Tell him the Count of Serenno is here to see him."

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Deton raised an eyebrow as he was summoned. There was something of a lumbering sigh that escaped the veteran shoulder and formerly the most powerful man in the known galaxy. He had, for the most part retired here, and had thought as long as he stayed silent on his homeworld he would never enter real politics again.

Granted his former political clout had caused him to take officer on this world. Yet he had always seen it as a tribute and offering to those who await his return with a bid for power.

Time to face the music. Always knew that sooner or later, some one would call in a favor.

He had not been keeping up with the GA politics. As crime seemed to be on the rise, terrorist attacks seemed to be blossoming and hope seemed to be leaving the galaxy. It was a shame that all of his work had led to this but, the galaxy was not clamoring for his leadership and he was not apt to give it to them.

It only took him moments to have the full honor guard and detail laid out before the Count of Serenno. Allowing the man to be entertained as Deton got ready to play dignitary again. Soon he was before the man himself, allowed something resembling a smile to appear on his face.

"Welcome to Cardia Count of Serenno. Why don't you fill me in on your business with me as we make our way to my office."

detonsigoq4.png

"Welcome to Cardia Count of Serenno. Why don't you fill me in on your business with me as we make our way to my office."

"Thank you Governor. I suspect that you may have heard of my actions one day ago in the Galactic Senate, Serenno has declared itself to no longer be a part of the Galactic Alliance and the last planet still loyal to the empire. According to the Chancellor Serenno will not be threatened but I would trust that forked tongued bastard as far as I could throw a rebel cruiser."

Deton's eyes narrowed, as he thought about the Chancellor. That man at one point had At least Deton's respect. Then he threw it all away after Deton thought about it. The man had killed millions upon millions on his attack on Coruscantt alone. Then the man had seduced a former stormtrooper, who had been allowed to serve in the Imperial armed forces. Of course this is the same lady who had brokered the peace.

When Deton had heard the news he had felt swindled to say the least. That the man has seduced a woman that he was many years the senior of was quite dirty to be sure. Yet since they had been both at the peace summit he had been forced to wonder, had they had a bedroom romp before or afterwards.

It was a terrible thing to doubt his officers. Especially since she had served with such distinction and valor until the battle aboard the Death Star. He would never know if she was a traitor and he would never ask. It was simply disturbing on all fronts to think about.

"Agreed. Especially after recent events."

He shook his head slowly as he opened the door to his office.

"So you have come to Cardia, which is currently a GA world seeking to persuade us to join you in this separation?"

detonsigoq4.png

"In a manner of speaking yes and no. I did not come to attempt to persuade you to rebel against the Galactic Alliance, I came to offer you a choice. this world can stay as it is now, a world looked down on by a corrupt government because of its former ties to the Empire due to the fact that rank after rank of stormtroopers were trained here to fight the Rebels who now lead the Galactic Alliance or a chance to return the Empire to its former glory.

What has this government done for the people of Cardia done except brought poverty to the planet. How many armorers have gone out of business since the Imperial Academy was closed down and no more stormtroopers are to be trained on this world, How many tavern owners have been forced out of business catering to the troopers from different worlds so that the troopers could feel at home on their downtime. You think the Galactic Alliance will reimburse you for the loss to your planet's economy.... They will not.

Instead the Senators and Government officials who are supposed to be working for us, protecting the Galaxy so that the citizens feel safe are doing nothing but sitting on their well fed asses doing nothing. So now that my world has had enough and left the Alliance, it was responded to with hostility and threats. Any and all trade with other worlds in the Galaxy has been cut off simply because my people could not stand the corruption and rampant crime rate in the galaxy since the Alliance took power. If the Galactic Alliance will do this to a world for speaking up about the corruption and lack of action over the rampant crime rate in the galaxy. What will they do to a world who once trained and equipped millions of their enemies?"

Deton paused, which was rare, as a stormtrooper he was normally very action oriented. As a former Emperor he was able to keep his thoughts mostly to himself, but in his time away from such positions of power, he lapsed from time to time in shielding his thoughts from potential mind readers. Mainly because what secrets he once held were irrelevant now, and the need for such endeavors was nonexistent.

The Galactic Gunshop, a well known icon of personal firearms and power and knowingly owned by perhaps the most dangerous bounty hunter in the galaxy was recently destroyed. This was done in the front lawn of the new Government so to speak, as well as the killing spree that followed. No reports of any sort of action taken against the perpetrators.... A real shame. Back when I ran the galaxy such an act would be punished quickly and severely if not right at the scene of the crime.

The Last Call, one of the most famous bars in the galaxy, also located on Coruscant, also recently destroyed. It is perhaps that reason that the owner took such an earlier retirement. If both the most deadly contract killer and perhaps the most richest man in the galaxy are not safe, how do the people of Coruscant sleep at night? What protection does the GA really offer?

How are there not arrests for the killing sprees of Coruscant, Naboo, and Kashyyyk. Though I detested the rebels back when I did rule, their base on gala was hit by some sort of bomber, and there was never any public trial of such a being. Maybe a bit of wet work was done but, I doubt it.

It almost seems that in this time of peace the galaxy is falling apart. I know Cardia is. We have lost our purpose in a lot of way. We still have our food trade of course. It is one of our major exports yet the military has taking a beating. Used to be at the forefront for producing military personnel, developing military technology, and creation of industrial equipment. Now our schools are for the most part shut down, or re purposed, the massive decrease in military strength has forced many out of work and we are only keeping really with what industrial equipment we can market to the private sector, as the GA itself has no use for such things.

It makes no sense, for the senators to have done nothing about the rise in crime. There isn't even an official GA police force from what I can tell. Just reliance on that third party corsec group, and they seem to focus on the wrong kind of events for the most part.

Where is the order? Where is the stability? The justice and security? Have I done the gaaxy wrong in allowing this new government to form? Did I have a choice? I added my input, though it amounted to very little as the forces were long ago stacked against me in that summit.

"Wait, you are saying because your world did not feel safe while apart of the GA, you left? Then in response, they not only refused to come to your aid should the situation require it but, cut off all trade with you? Are you at war with the GA, as that id the response one has if they plan to go to war with another nation or planet.

In a civilized society, as long as you were not enemies, trade would at least still commence. Why even a planet with no space fare beyond being able to travel to their moon, has better practices then, if you don't join my club you won't exist in our world economy.

Would this happen to every world that leaves the GA or just worlds who used to ally or be under the banner of the Empire?"

detonsigoq4.png

"Wait, you are saying because your world did not feel safe while apart of the GA, you left? Then in response, they not only refused to come to your aid should the situation require it but, cut off all trade with you? Are you at war with the GA, as that id the response one has if they plan to go to war with another nation or planet.In a civilized society, as long as you were not enemies, trade would at least still commence. Why even a planet with no space fare beyond being able to travel to their moon, has better practices then, if you don't join my club you won't exist in our world economy.

Would this happen to every world that leaves the GA or just worlds who used to ally or be under the banner of the Empire?"

"That is precisely what I am saying Governor. I offered no hostilities to them and they reacted to me with implications of war being declared against my planet. If that is how they respond to me in response to my leaving their Alliance, their reactions to you would be very questionable.

Tell me Governor, how is your world faring under this new government? Are you people prospering?"

"That is precisely what I am saying Governor. I offered no hostilities to them and they reacted to me with implications of war being declared against my planet. If that is how they respond to me in response to my leaving their Alliance, their reactions to you would be very questionable.

Tell me Governor, how is your world faring under this new government? Are you people prospering?"

”œThat is most disturbing, to hear of such news. I could understand if they were at war and did not wish to waste the resources but to deny trade is unacceptable. That is as if they are gearing up for war against your planet. That or they wish to make you so desperate that you come back crawling to them, begging to be let in. If that is the case that is a some what despicable but understandable tactic during peace time. It also highlights that they are more power hungry then they are helpful.”

detonsigoq4.png

"Precisely Governor, You and I are old soldiers who have fought under the Imperial Flag. We both know what it was like to lead men into battle for the sake of bringing justice to a corrupt world and driving back the anarchy that the rebel forces sowed on world after world. We brought order to an otherwise chaotic galaxy and these so called Galactic Alliance upstarts who were once members of the Terrorist organization that caused so much trouble in the universe have taken power.

To make matters worse, once proud soldiers who swore a sacred oath to defend the empire until death have tossed aside their honor like so many dirty rags and betrayed all that they once stood for. Is that what you wish for Governor, a government that has no sense of Loyality, No Honor? A government that lets crime run rampant while they sit back on their well padded over fed asses and form advisory committees to discuss matters but do nothing to actually stop the crimes? On top of that the "Galactic Alliance" such as it is claims to be a fair government but yet out of all of their members there is only one member who was once an Imperial officer.

Where is the justice promised by the GA? Have they punished a single war criminal since they have taken power? NO! All they have done is sit back in their fancy offices and act like no crimes were committed..... Does pretending that countless thousands of lives of Imperial citizens killed on Mechis III by a Jedi led Rebellion attack never happened change their crimes? Will it change the fact that families of Imperial soldiers and Naval Personnel killed in the attack on Kuat? Their words are worth less then a vial of Hutt slime." The expression on the Counts face was one of anger at the injustice of the lack of action regarding the crimes committed.

"Admiral, Ambassador Talis, and General Fasut. You know as well as I do that a blanket pardon would only be a feel good but rather undeserved measure. To do so cheapens the very thing we work towards here! All persons regardless of their crime, should be subjected to a military tribunal and determine if their actions were indeed justifiable. If not, a swift punishment should be merited out. No exceptions!"

Least we let psychopaths go free.

Deton snapped out of a memory from long ago. He had been an Emperor once. The great Emperor Deton Rustic who has defended the Empire against many overwhelming threats. He had attended that peace conference and listened to a lot of stupid suggestions. Such as less of a focus on troops defeating Force-users, as that should not be a situation that our new government should have to face. As well as a blanket pardon to all being no matter what crimes they had committed. In seemed in his haste to make peace he had unleashed upon the galaxy a hell it was clearly unprepared for.

Crime ran rampant, justice was non existent. Whole planets felt so unsafe that they felt their best option was to leave the Government he had helped to form. Had his mistake been his withdrawl afterwards? He did know he was tired of being referred to as Governor. He read the anger in the Counts face. There had to be something he could do to fix this but what?

"You claim to be the last Imperial world? You stand alone against the GA. I am no longer of my former rank and stature, I can no longer do the things I used to. To leave the GA at this time would be a mistake for my world. Yet, it is clear to me that the GA is failing as a government structure. That they lack both the power and capabilities to handle most wayward threats. So as I have learned the art of compromise I offer you this.

Cardia will not leave the GA at this time to join your Imperial Remnant. Cardia however will resume trade with your worlds. We will also open up our facilities to be used in an imperial manner once more. May you bring glory in your cause."

I will find a way to fix this galaxy again. This is practically the cry for help I have been waiting for...

detonsigoq4.png

"You claim to be the last Imperial world? You stand alone against the GA. I am no longer of my former rank and stature, I can no longer do the things I used to. To leave the GA at this time would be a mistake for my world. Yet, it is clear to me that the GA is failing as a government structure. That they lack both the power and capabilities to handle most wayward threats. So as I have learned the art of compromise I offer you this.

Cardia will not leave the GA at this time to join your Imperial Remnant. Cardia however will resume trade with your worlds. We will also open up our facilities to be used in an imperial manner once more. May you bring glory in your cause."

Draken smiled slowly, he hadn't gotten everything he wanted but he knew that had been a forgone conclusion from the onset. What he had received however was more then worth his visit. "We have an Accord Governor Rustic or rather Moff Rustic. I will be in touch soon." He offered Deton his hand. "It is time I be on my way, odds are I am being tracked by GA security. Until next we meet, Long live the Empire." With those words Draken turned and walked back to his ship and shortly there after departed from Cardia, bound for parts unknown as of yet.

"Moff Rustic..."

It had an interesting sounding ring to it. He liked it on some level. Far better than governor to be sure. He shook his head slowly, so much information had been brought to light to quickly. It was as if everything he had worked for and had struggled to obtain had been for nothing.

An aide ran up to him, forcing him to watch the current holonet broadcast. What he saw shocked him to his core. Cloud city was.... gone. That was unbelievable that was impossible. He was flabbergasted by the news, shocked by the vent.

"WHAT MANNER OF TRAGEDY IS THIS!?! HOW CAN THIS BE?"

He roared, his natural impulse to hunt down the perpetrators and put a blaster shot between their eyes. He knew accidents and this was no accident. This was deliberate, and it had happened again on the GA's watch.

Kashyyyk had recently been under a massive arson attack. Naboo's city of Theed had been razed so hard that it was by divine mercy the entire city wasn't just a massive festering pit of death, decay and rubble. Now the cloud city of Bespin had fallen. Literally. Each world was a highly popular or well known world, each landmark was a house hold area or name. Each had fallen under the GA's watch. The base on Gala had been blown half to hell, proving that former military were not safe. With three major civilian populations destroyed, and a former military base wiped out, he was beyond disappointed in the GA. Even the richest man and the universe and the most deadly contract killer in the galaxy had not been safe, each suffering losses right on the very doorstep of the GA.

He reflected back to a moment in time. A time where he was not just a man or a Governor but something far greater. A time where he had found himself in a position he had never thought he would be in. Deton had never aspired to rise become the Emperor. It had been trusted upon him as a matter of necessity. He had been, and on some level would always be a stormtrooper. It was much a part of him as his lungs, and a stormtrooper was meant to serve and protect. Granted, he had used his new found powers to instill that at every level he could manage. Yet it had not seemed to carry over into this new government.

There was and is no single more important thing than to help men and women of all species build their lives on distant worlds. He had thought his final acts as Emperor ensured that goal was realized. The Ga had let him to believe that citizens who had put their faith in him would have the one thing he wished for them to have more than anything. They would have a secure future, with stability and order in their lives. It was perhaps his one and only dream. Yet here he was wondering where was the stability where was the order, the security, the justice? How could all of these attacks come to pass. How many more would come to pass. It was ridiculous.

The military will be used what it has always been used for, securing our populous. Be it from each other or from an outside Force. We have many worlds to keep the peace with. Worlds that hate their neighbors, worlds that spawn pirates, worlds under the control of Black sun. There is still a use for the military as there always seems to be an enemy, an enemy called nature. It simply is within the nature of beings to fight and disagree, and we will have to make sure we can respond if need be.

After all what if some group takes issue with this legitimate government like the rebel alliance took issue with the Empire was voted in to be the legitimate government. In order to ensure that there is a peaceful, stable, and secure society we must remain vigilant even though our war with ourselves is over.

These were the very words he had spoken at that peace summit. The very words he had used to warn. Yet the GA clearly had not taken to heart his warning. The response with the military was lacking. Criminals were running around rampant, crime was on the rise, terror attacks was scarring the populous. Even the good that had been brought forth in the galaxy such as the neogenesis project he had heard about, had been shut down out of fear, by powers far greater than those of the common man. It was as though evil had won and was winning, in this new society and there was no one to at least hold the line.

He was sure at this point the government would begin to respond covertly. Attempting to take out targets via wet work, using a secret police to scare the populous in line. Add to that their hostile reaction to a single succession, and he knew the route this government was going to take. A terrible turn for the worse, and he was party to it all because he had signed away the Empire because of a little girl.

He could see it all now. The Alliance will become increasingly controlling of local governments, demanding member states pay taxes to help with reconstruction and pool their military resources for the fleet. That way no local government could rise up against the Galactic governemnt. Some more independent worlds, especially those with strong industries and patriotic streaks will see themselves as above the legal requirements, and began viewing the government as a resurrected Galactic Empire. Relationships between the Alliance and several local governments will deteriorat to the point that the Alliance will decide it needs to show a preemptive display of military might at some local government. That local government will of course launch a counterstrike at the show of force, full scale galactic war would once again loom.

Add to that the rise of terrorism and he knew what the GA's next move would be. Chances are the move had already begun. To combat the mounting terrorism on Coruscant, Supreme commander Cadio or perhaps even the Chief of state would no doubt feel forced to institute the Galactic Alliance Guard as a secret police force under a Colonel. This move will result in the resignation of some higher up once they get word, as the distaste in such measures. There would then be a growing discontent over the increasingly draconian system of government, with the most common chant at political protests being 'The Empire is back'.

The Sith would not be quiet during this turmoil. Instead they would be feeding it. Manipulating it to make other world leave and form something of a confederation of sorts. The GA would declare a state of war on those worlds given its current response to one world leaving. The Alliance would then be faced with a growing crisis as other worlds separated from the Galactic Alliance to join the rebels. The Hutts and the Imperial Remnant would also be encouraged to join. Many other lesser worlds would try to continued to voice their support and the Confederation, already possessing many of the leading shipyards in the galaxy, will raise ship production to epic levels and led attacks on Alliance shipyards with it's very own Confederation Fleet. As more worlds flocked to the banner of the Confederation, freeing themselves of what they saw as Alliance tyranny, old conflicts would break out. Soon, militarily, the two forces would be at similar strengths, and a dangerous GA reliance on some group would rise.

It was like he had said at the summit. There is no sudden on and off switch that they can flip that will turn an Imperial ace pilot into a friend of a Republic pilot. There is simply put bad blood between sides.

He knew what was needed. The Stormtrooper was needed. The stormtrooper, the most elite and feared professional fighting force in the galaxy could absorb that bad blood with their shiny white armor. Already self-contained, the brotherhood they share would not be affected from the amount of criticism and flack they would take at their sudden appearance. There was simply put, no better group to over see the galaxy and help the government. Even though the government they attempt to help will do everything in their power to wipe out every single stormtrooper.

Yet if the stormtrooper was allowed both Republic and former Imperials feel the boot of the Stormtrooper keeping them inline, and they will find new grounds to unite upon. It is an already vivid and iconic armor, and anything new would take years to install the same level of respect. By that time untold horrors and tragedies may have befallen countless men and women.

He had been alive in this galaxy for a grant total of twenty-five years. That is twenty-five years of hopes, dreams and ambitions. Twenty-five years of interactions with people he had met, with places he went and things he saw. Yes, that does mean that ther has also been twenty-five years of resources he consumed, of animals killed so could live . Yet this also means that twenty-five years ago two wonderful people, Col Sabret Rustic and Ira Rustic, looked down and were happy about the new life they brought into this world. What a waste it would be if his life were to end because in this new merger, a group of former republic soldiers were unable to work together with the imperial soldiers, held back by the senate, and he died in a random terrorist attack. Yet his story was not unique, it is the same for every single solitary man and woman in the galaxy. Many beings had recently had their story come to an end given the tragedy of Bespin in the latest cascade of terrible events.

It was clear to him now that the Ga had not kept such tragedies from coming to pass. It was clear to him now that he had been derelict in his duty to do what he said he would do when he first rose to the rank of supreme commander. His mind reflected back to the holonet broadcast of that fateful day.

... It has been decided by the current council of Moffs, as well was through unanimous decision. that the Empire will indeed by led by a single individual. This individual, came of notice to us shortly after his defense of Naboo from an attacking rebel force. It was during this time, that this man then rose above and beyond the challenge set down before him. As a cease fire was called due to the invasion by a force that threatened the entire galaxy not with anarchy but with TOTAL ANNIHILATION! This man then took up the mantle of Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces and under his command, score victories against beings who originally seemed unstoppable. He fought them to a standstill and pushed them back! He fought them Hand to hand PERSONALLY leading the CHARGE into the fallen Centerpoint station. A man with quite the distinguished record, it is my honor, no privilege to introduce to you, the man who will lead us in tis dark hour. FORMER CAPTAIN DETON RUSTIC Head of the Stormtrooper Division, as well as the head of the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE FLEET... NOW RETURNED TO THE SUPREME COMMANDER OF IMPERIAL FORCES!

Thunderous almost deafening applause broke out through out the stands as both reporters and spectators broke out in furious cheers. The line directly streaming the proceedings, to the holonet slightly lost focus under the furious show of appreciation for their new commander. Deton had at the time, felt as those the very universe was shaking with such vigor with their hearty applause. He had to admit, he had been scared at the time. Scared he would fail, that all of those beings that would now come to depend on him, would die because of some mistake he made. It turned out he was and had been right to be scared. What could he say to those who had died on Naboo... on Bespin? How could he make up for their deaths?

Every single word of his acceptance speech came back to him.

Citizens of the civilized galaxy, on this day we mark a transition. For Years the Empire stood as the crowning achievement of civilized beings. But there were those who would set us against one another, and we took up arms to defend our way of life against the Rebels.

Though we lost our original Emperor, we have continued to maintain and strive forward ever since then, until now we stand at the precipice of the cup, about to once again reunite the galaxy! The Jedi, and some within our own Senate, had conspired to create the galaxy of lawlessness.... of anarchy. They had hoped to grind the Empire into ruin. But the hatred in their hearts could not be hidden forever. At last, there came a day when our enemies showed their true natures.

But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. Such as our finest Stormtroopers, Our loyal troopers contained the insurrection and quelled uprisings on a thousand worlds.

Under the Empire's Order, our most cherished beliefs will be safeguarded. We will defend our ideals by force of arms. We will give no ground to our enemies and will stand together against attacks from within or without. Let the enemies of the Empire take heed: those who challenge Imperial resolve will be crushed.

We have taken on a task that will be difficult, but the people of the Empire are ready for the challenge. Because of our efforts, the galaxy has traded war for peace and anarchy for stability. Billions of beings now look forward to a secure future. The Empire will grow as more planets feel the call, from the Rim to the wilds of unknown space.

Imperial citizens must do their part. Join our grand star fleet. Become the eyes of the Empire by reporting suspected insurrectionists. Travel to the corners of the galaxy to spread the principles of the Order to barbarians. Build monuments and technical wonders that will speak of our glory for generations to come.

Imperial stormtroopers, have tackled the dangerous work of fighting our enemies on the front lines. Many have died in their devotion to the Empire. Imperial citizens would do well to remember their example.

The Imperial Order of peace has triumphed over the shadowy secrecy of shameful magicians and rebels. The direction of our course is clear. I will lead the Empire to glories beyond imagining.

We have been tested, but we have emerged stronger. We move forward as one people: the Imperial citizens of the first Galactic Empire. We will prevail.

I will not say the road will be easy. Peace is not free as our brave soldiers find out daily against the rebel scum and their Jedi pets. We did after all try to do the civilized thing. Allow them to be recognized as a legitimate government with legitimate concerns. Unfortunately just like any other terrorist group, the moment something didn't go their way, that immediately launched another spilling of our blood, then vehemently protest when we march on their doorstep, demanding them to account for the blood they spilled! HOWEVER, WE ARE an Empire devoted to the preservation of a just society. Of a safe and secure society! We are an Empire that will stand ten thousand years!

We will celebrate the anniversary of this day as Empire Day. For the sake of our children. For our children's children! For the next ten thousand years! Safety! Security! Justice and peace!

Say it with me! Safety, Security, Justice, and Peace! Safety, Security, Justice, and Peace!"

He had failed them... he had failed and did not know truly how to make it up. How could he have fallen so low, thrown away the trust given to him by the galaxy. He had led them down this path, forced them into this no win situation. He would some how do right by the galaxy. How foolish he had been to think he had been done, that his battle had been over, that his cause won. He had thought he brought peace to the universe, yet he had done nothing of the sort.

He sent out a small comm, he had a plan an idea. It would take time, and he would need to find himself. Rebuild himself to not bow and break when a carrot of peace was dangled in front of his eyes. He needed to find a way to make the galaxy, safe and secure once more. To finish what he started. He commissioned a ship. He contacted his finest men, he went to a disguise artist, a electronics specialist, and set aside a budget. First he would need to build himself up. He would need to take a leave of absence from government work. He would need to go into the wilderness and make sure his skills were sharp. If he could survive the trials of war he could survive this. He knew now he would eventually need to leave Cardia, after all how could he look any family member in the eye now that he knew of his failure. He was not oft he right state to lead Cardia right now, but yet he was. He would not relinquish his Governor title, instead he would go forth, away from the capital. He would expand his horizons, and lead this once beautiful imperial world, back into a prosperous age. Yet he would not be confined by this chair. It was time for a journey . He need to find himself with out abandoning his people.

Deton packed, and soon he left, the lack of him being in the office doing nothing to deter the day to day lives of Cardian so far. Yet he would fix his world's problems, as well as that of the galaxy. He just needed to find himself first.

detonsigoq4.png

• 2 years later...

Eight-Seven was above Carida within a short flight from his last station. He only left the base due to a request at the high officials that still ranked within the Imperial Remnant that wasn't busy within the Galactic Alliance. He still held no clue as to why the request was even made for his redeployment to the Academy of Carida, but he had moved and was about to report in like a good solider would anyways. As he brought his ship down for a landing, he was still surprised to see that most of the structures were up and active despite the use of other training facilities used for the Galactic Alliance. Clearly, Carida still held closer to the Imperial mindset than what they lead others to believe. As he left the hangar bay area and was escorted to the main hall facility, he took note of a few AT-ST, 2 AT-AT, and one AT-TE's moving in the general direction of the hangar bays. Leaving the business of large equipment alone, he also noted that several cadets were being rushed around, almost as if they were preparing for some sort of large training drill.

As he was escorted into a large room, there were a total of five men, all dressed in the Imperial White uniforms. They sat at a table that surrounded a smaller table, and the smaller table was clearly marked for him, as his two escorts dropped back and allowed for him to walk into the room by himself. The one man in the middle indicated for Eight-Seven to take a seat at the table. Almost before he did, Eight-Seven made sure he reported in first.

"Imperial Commando Two-Four-Eight-Seven ready and reporting for duty."

"Take a seat solider. We've been reviewing your file,"

Eight-Seven took note they they really didn't seem to care that he reported in or not, or that he was armed. They clearly wanted him seated, and ready to pick up his new assignment. So Eight-Seven did just that.

"And we've come to the conclusion, that while under Admiral Jensen, you performed wonderfully, completing your mission beyond valor. Your service records are also clean. So in light of the new recent events that are taking place in the galaxy, we are giving you a command."

A command? Of what? And what for? Eight-Seven wasn't sure how he should react to this, but given that it was a new assignment, he didn't really care. He would perform dutifully, as he always has. Just as he was trained to do.

"You're being given command of the 42nd Defense battalion. Your mission will be to defend Imperial space from the coming rebellion. You are to report to the hangar bay and setup a defense garrison on Rhen Var."

"This file contains all that you need to know, and the resources that are being given to you. If there are any new additions, you will be alerted in the same way you were summoned to active service. Good luck,... Corporal Major Eight-Seven."

And with that, they stood up, and indicated for Eight-Seven to leave and head off for his new assignment. There wasn't much to say, so he saluted them and then turned and left, picking up the file that was given to him that held all of the information he would need on it. As he walked out, he found that his escort re-picked him back up and lead him all the way back towards the hangar bay. It was there that he now fully realized what was going on when he came in. All of the cadets were now being armored up and placed in a few ships, and the walkers had already made their resting place within the ships. It's not like he was being handed a fleet of any sorts. It was clear that his command Admirals thought it best to take the fight from ground unit to ground unit, as none of the ships were being loaded with any TIE Fighters or fighters of any sort. In fact, his ships were that of 3 Crusader-class corvettes, and 2 Cutlass-class corvettes. It wasn't going to do any sort of damage in space or air, but they were perfect for moving and transporting small defense garrisons, or in this case, three or four of them. EIGHt-seven choose to walk onto one ship, a Cutlass-class by the name of The Forbearance, and rode that ship as his main one for his journey to Rhen Var and his first real station within the Imperial Ranks...

emperorpilon.png

• 3 years later...

The entire mini size fleet sent to Rhen Var to await orders to start a war had now come home after a three year long wait. Most of the crew on the Cutlass-class corvette by the name of The Forbearance, were especially restless and eager to get planet side again. While they all took turns in rotations from planet side to ship out at Rhen Var, it didn't feel comforting, and the long wait had made almost al of them nervous. As the ships all docked, either with the Naval Docking Facility or at the Imperial Academy that was called home by many of the active service Imperial Remnant, Eight-Seven did not get a chance to rest. He had to report in to Command and inform them of his anvil back with the 42nd Defense battalion. As he entered, there was a woman sitting at a desk who looked very confused as to why an Imperial Commando was standing in her office. Eight-Seven gave her a salute and then stood at the ready. He choose not to look at her directly and instead focused on two Imperial II-class Star Destroyers behind her practicing a drill of some sort.

"Corporal Major Eight-Seven reporting in from assignment at Rhen Var. I have brought back the 42nd Defense battalion as requested."

Now he just stood and awaited her response. He was hoping she would explain to him the recall, the reason no orders came while on assignment, and the reason for such a weird display of open space.

emperorpilon.png

A message came in from the Imperial Head of State Raven for the garrison commander.

"Commander, prepare your men for the assault on Königreich des Teufels. We must clear the way for a new Order of the Empire. Clean this filth from the planet, use any force necessary."

End Message

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

The woman behind the desk looked at her display for a short few seconds before returning her attention back to Eight-Seven. She stood up, allowing for her rank to now show she would be the commanding officer at the station. She didn't wait for Silent Specter to salute her, she just began to address him. Eight-Seven saluted anyways.

"I was just given a good assignment for you. The 42 Defense Battalion served well on Rhen Var, but it's time for you to take the control of the 24th Special Operations Brigade. We are sending you off to Königreich des Teufels. These orders come all the way from the top. Execute them right and there could be a promotion for you. Dismissed. "

The woman sat down and returned to her work rather quickly. Eight-Seven could tell that the woman was glad to not fulfill the duty herself and seemed very proud of herself to have passed the task off. The commando didn't care. He wasn't even sure he was allowed to lead such a group, being only the rank of Major, but if he was given orders from a superior, he was trained better than to do anything other then to follow them. So he walked off, getting ready to prepare himself and get a Brigade ready for an engagement.

Only a few hours had passed before he had arrived at his command post and the entire Brigade seemed ready to go and was expecting him. Clearly the commander of the Station wanted them off quickly. So with that, he made all haste to get them ready and then launched for his new assignment...

emperorpilon.png

Jenna, a blonde 19 year old cadet in the Imperial Air and Space Administration looked questioningly at the Comm system embedded into her work station. She opened the call and addressed it to the incoming ship. "Attention vessel 'Black Falcon' this is Carida space command, you are clear to land at sector B-17 27113. Your command codes are little dated you are however cleared to dock at your convenience. Welcome home Trooper."

Upon landing, Jason would find a healthy complement of Imperial Stormtroopers and Sector security waiting to greet him.

Elsewhere in the Carida system the ship containing the head of state Raven and her entourage arrived out of hyperspace. She turned to her friend Robert. "I cannot thank you enough for joining my side on this, I look forward to our time together and wish you and your team luck on the planet Mykr, I know this will not be easy but I have every assurance that you are the man for the job." She smiled at him warmly. " May the force be with you."

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

"Hold your trot there, Turkey..." Well, he just called their new Head of State a Turkey... Hopefully she would find humor in that. Beneath their rigid exterior the crew had loosened a little- jokes and fun were a thing now. "If we aren't here for the party after the first lil pow wow. Besides, we're dressed for the occasion. What do you need, Mistress? We are at your disposal."

When it was time to get serious, the all-business faces came out. They were all ready to get dirty. A bit as if they really believed in her- which was true.

“Black Falcon copies, processing to land at designated site.” Jason set the autopilot to to land at Sector B-1727113. A few moments later, Jason felt the all too familiar lurch of the ship forward as the computer makes the calculated descent into the planet’s atmosphere. As he descends Jason thinks back to when he was last on Carida, beginning his advanced training from a trooper to a Storm Commando. “I never did enjoy that humid muggy Jungle but it will be nice to be back after these long years and see that they've done with the place.” Jason is brought back to reality as his ship's computer beeps letting him know that the ship is entering the atmosphere and preparing to land.

As the Black Falcon touched down on the landing pad Jason got up from the cockpit chair, stepped into the lift, and went down to the lower deck to change into the striking black colored storm commando armor. While suiting up he debated with himself over what equipment he should and shouldn’t bring along with him, he decided to take all his normal gear which includes scatter gun in a leg holster, vibro knife attached to the left forearm, and the assortment of datapad, comlink, medkit, and some extra ammo for good measure. “I've learned from experience that some extra ammo can save me in a sticky situation.” Feeling that it would be in bad taste to bring along his trusty E-11 sniper blaster rifle, he left it on the ship. As Jason Left his quarters, he grabbed and put on his favorite heavy leather battle torn trench coat over his armor.

Jason opened the airlock and walked down the landing ramp with the stature that comes from years of battle experience and training. Holding his iconic black modified scout trooper helmet under his left arm, Jason made his way towards the two squads of troopers, four officials, and a commander with blonde hair. Stopping just in front of the commander, Jason gave him a salute and said, “Greetings commander, I am Jason Firebrand and thank you for the large reception, I’m sorry to admit but I do not now who you are.”

gideon.png.8f2417a029f10b3c7bd0d0052c9a2908.png