Outer Heaven

Nikolai Kolchak

well if ikirra is busy, he decides, he'll sleep some... its been a rough time he could use the rest... he took off his cloak and layed down on the cot, it was quite comfortable... his muscles ached at the unaccustomed comfort. he fell asleep immediately... the peace of blood and darkness that flew in his mind where like a sweet lullaby...

after a few hours he awoke and took a walk to stretch his legs, the rest was great and he was newly focused... he assembled his troops and began drills on the simulators... they should remain well-trained... despite my disrespect of the status quo they are clones and subject to orders, i am an individual and work quite off on my own... the troops began drilling, you could see the sweat beads drip as the simulators levels grew from beginner's, intermediate, advanced, expert, ace and the efforts and focus was hurting them... after an hour at the ace level the clones were let off and told to eat... john began to walk the ship observing the little mess left behind... what is that? a new person, a new force i feel... its too far for me to find the details... ikirra probably knows who it is by now...

Heathen Master of the Lords of Hate

KR: I'm like the freakin' Martha Stewart of Chaos.

He was also a Marxist, which is dumb.

after walking around he once again returns to his room... its as always as he leaves it, their is respect for privacy in the cramped quarters of space...

he retrieves the blade and decides to go to a room he heard rumors of... a room where you get to train your saber skills with the influence of gravity... it once belonged to the mange brothers, now it was abandoned in their abscence...

he walked the halls to the ends of the ship... anymore walking and he would have been lost... he walks in and realizes it is a little trickier, it remained with warnings and passwords... he broke the code soon and entered... he walked to the panels and set only a setting of 1.5 g's... his fluids and organs were being pushed to the ground... it was too much right now... he set it to 1.1 g's and began a workout... his blade was more difficult to control as was he in the abundance of gravity, who knew so little meant so much... the sweat grew on his brow... after hours in effort his skills had grown little but his strength and reactions were improved if only temporarily but good enough...

piloting is one thing... there the g's are lateral and controls are attached to you; blade fighting is free and unrestricted the impact of the g forces is highly different...

walking back to his room, tired and exhausted, nearly out of breath, he needs a shower and goes to the restroom... once he finishes he leaves refreshed... time for some food...

ic: its called coffee old man...

the efforts involved in the g-force training were too much for his weak powers... its seems the next time he uses that room he will need to have gained perfection with 1 g... finding food in his usual vending machines, the gashed soda machine being repaired as the rest of the sd had been, replenishing his strength and reigniting his alertness which had faded as a result of his exhausting workout... deciding to train the troops in the sim some more he walks back and wakes his troops, "their beauty sleeps were over!" he yells into the barracks room. His troops jump to attention and he tells them to be ready within the half hour! if not they will be demoted! He smiled inside while maintaining a stern face to his troops as he saw them run in order to be prepared. Within minutes they were ready as was the custom of clones...

in the sims once again an easy warmup leading to an hour of hell... training alongside them, he himself sweated under the grueling ace level... he expected perfection of his men, and he had to show them what it was...

following the trembling, mindwrenching strain of the ace sim level he returned to the g-force chamber to once again train under 1.1g, his strength and resistance was growing, the saber's weight multiplied and so did the strain... the ace level was nothing more than a pinch compared to the gut wrenching stress of the g chamber...

an hour there, his abilities heightened once a little more... at one point in time he will go and find a master to train him... perhaps soon...

after falling asleep if only for a few hours following his shower and dinner, he wakes up again... he gives his men their wakeup call and gets them off to training... an hour at the ace level, his men should deal with those fantasy opponents who are nearly perfect not some sissy sim at beginner... joining them they all leave with their minds full of frustration... he decides to institute another level of training... physical training regimens... they must be perfect in every aspect... so another 3 hour's worth of training; running, sprinting, dodging and martial arts... one hour of gun training, and one hour of weightlifting... he joins them in all of this and then goes on to his own saber training...

he walks into the room and as he walks in , he has an idea! Remembering his youth and his technical skills he designs three holographic sims for his saber combat... now he can study its more practical aspects... one is a padawan jedi, a sith warrior w/ double side saber, and last a sith master with double lightsaber blades... obviously the holograms couldnt hurt him but he would react as if attacked... he begins with the padawan... he and the padawan are equals in strength, agility, and knowledge for now...

the padawan attacks, he parries... he attacks, the padawan parries... the machine performs a flip and attacks, he counters... it goes on like this for a few hours until he is tired... ofcourse the padawan skills will be altered as time goes on to improve his force-assisted techniques...

soon a real opponent...

growing bored of the padawan few skills, he increases the padawan's techniques supplying him with the skills of force assisted acrobatic movement to increase the challenge...

he himself discovering how to manipulate the force with larger objects... he could control his sith saber with his mind now... using it to fight the hologram... the skill required was more than he understood at first...

following a few days... he discovers the grace and simple force nudges required to control it with finesse... his force was truly growing... how much desire had he for a lightsaber of his own... it was beginning to eat him up inside... he was losing it for his desire... he had rage growing and bubbling inside him, he jumped and jumped over the padawan... he could do it! landing on the floor a smile stretched from ear to ear, he sensed it and knew it... its was growing inside him... he continued training... as did his squad...

deciding to increase the strain... he instituted the g-forces back on, a 1.1g force... only he felt it, the padawan was clearly free of restraint because of his photon design... they had negligible mass and so experienced little if any adaptation... john on the other hand was inhibited... his attacks were less graceful, harder to control, shorter adn weaker, not to mention slower to make it worse...

with a little bit of a time he was adapting... he was moving faster... faster than normal... perhaps 1.5x his normal speed... i understand force speed is a large plus, not a crumby improvement of this magnitude but be glad with what you got...

following his intense workout, it really draining him, he decides to meditate... he focuses on the black, the same darkness that used to give him a surreal peace... it seems to work, he is calm, his mind relaxed, he probes the universe for strong dark forces... only a few he can sense... not that he had a great range of course... but remember most had been exterminated... the sith were falling once again it seemed...

his skills improved gradually... a new technique every once in a while would pop up, none would be truly in his control... he needed proper training... and new weapons...

he decides to see if ikirra knows where he can find a vibroblade or two... he needed to learn to handle different weapons... so far he knew the blasters and the sith saber... not to mention his assorted swords...

once again... he returned to the g-chamber to work on force speed and force push... he would find these invaluable in a duel...

meanwhile his men trained in a constant rate... their sim time was doubled... their weapons and martial arts training intensified... their tactics training tripled... their weight training doubled as well... he wanted them to be walls of muscle... unbreakable... only to a saber...

once again... another day of grueling training from early on to the end...

beginning alongside his troops with their sim training... following into their martial arts and weapons training, to their munitions training, to their weight training, to their tactics training and then leaving them for two hours of relaxation... while he trains in the chamber...

he had improved... his force speed was consistently at 2x normal human speed... still not good enough... he continued running around the padawan evading instead of defending against the blows... he set the padawan to battle him hand to hand and he strengthened it by enacting a force of 1.5 g's... his body was sore and aching after it... the hologram moved as fast as he wished it to... while he was restrained by the g-forces...

he was growing... soon he continues to promise himself...

OOC: excuse the double/triple posting, but since there are only three to four people usually using Outer Heaven i disregarded the rules... complain and i shall stop...this is for dragoon, ikirra and searcy or any others... pm me

continuing...

While in the chamber... john has a good idea... he puts ikirra and sends him a call... what do you say to a duel old man? to see if this new idea is working for me... my crumby training set up... the holograms... you and me, with sith sabers... then we can see about getting me some vibro blades... do not think this is an insult, simply a friendly duel, you and me...

with no response from the old man anytime soon... john continues his training... he feels more focused and powerful than usual... his mind is reacting and acting faster... less hesitance and more results...

his troops are in the best shape clones can be... they are supremely sharp and agile... capable of handling any problem... in their ties or in their face...

his abilities continue to flourish...

another day of intensive training... its about time he has a reward, a vibro-blade he decides... his sith saber feeling weird after so long without the taste of blood... he looks at it and smiles... i cannot wait... within a matter of time, shortly a small padawan shall be at my grasp or if not any rookie saber user... we can duel on one condition... if i win his saber is destroyed and i take his crystal...then again... what fool would go for that? only a fool who thinks he can win...

nonetheless... he sets the padawan to an insane and intense setting... to really challenge himself before he risks foolishly or makes a foolhardy mistake...

A package arrives, payment due. A guard grumbles and opens it. Inside is a tracker and detonator collar, along with a note and a small, thin 2 inch package.

The note reads:

Here is your equipment back, which I forget to return during my departure. As for my hand, worry not. That arm was lopped off at the shoulder ages ago and was a mechanical replacement. Any injuries can be easily repaired. Here is something else to add to your collection of my body parts.

The guard opens the package and reports to his commander.

"Hey Boss! This Faust guy just gave us the finger!"

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

interesting message... you know... maybe he isnt such an a-hole after all, atleast he has a sense of humor...

continues the training... now he setup the beginner sith warrior... much harder than one could imagine... it was fighting twice as hard because of both sides...you block one and the other spins over...

his fighter training transferred to nothing with this...

the encounter with the staff was much different than what he had learned to battle... it was a new concept... if you got one side then the other would get you...

the sith saber's blade flashed from side to side... moving faster and faster... it was almost meaningless... he was a much more powerful cg opponent than the padawan... he was trembling at the difficulty... to make matters worse... he put in the g-forces up to 2x...

he could feel his body mass being pressed on his leg muscles... the strain was making them tremble... not to mention swirling the blade was not helping...

somehow he gets to the control deck, tired and covered in drops of sweat he smiles... "damn never again... not until later..."

ikirra has been out of commission for quite a while...

suddenly a comm comes through... to john while he is at the simulator... loyal friend... i have decided to relinquish my authority unto you... you are now in command of the ship... enjoy it... now dont kill us all immediately...

he hears the comm patch through from kyle, at first a face of confusion strikes john, then he decides well hell... lets go! who cares... money is money...

well the internal fleet takes off to triton leaving behind two squadrons and 500 elite guards and 2100 normal foot soldiers, the rest of the troops 4 tie interceptor squadrons and one tie bomber squadron as well as four assault ships loaded with men... a total of 8000 men taking the offensive for the screwtape...

he straps on his blade and heads to triton ahead of all his men... leaving his former boss in charge...