Ilum

RaveN

Still invisible to the Force, a *snap-hiss* from Darex's lightsaber echoed throughout the chamber. Using the Force again, he disguised his voice and threw it a little ways off. "Right here," he said, the voice coming from his lips as a low, heavily accented snarl.

He then leaped and whirled, spinning his blue blade to connect to the blind Ulos' own gold one. Ulos would be able to sense that there was someone there, but the presence would be strange, twisted. He uttered a low cackle, then spun again, switching to Form V's powerful lunges and parries, putting all of his weight and strength into the attacks, driviing the apprentice back.

He spoke into Ulos' mind, accentuating the snarl. //Give up now. I have already beaten your master...what chance do you think you have, a mere apprentice, against one so powerful as me?\\

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Suddenly something possessed Ulos, took over him with a ambivalent wave of grief, confusion, rage, and various other many emotions combining in a swirling cyclone of furious proportion inside the heart and soul of the padawan. Yet the most prevalent of these was the bewailing despondency that called and screamed in an unworldly fashion in some vain attempt to lament the bereavement of his master towards the cold grip of death. The Force had taken him, and his disappearance in the for was undoubtedly the very death that the creature before him had caused. All other explanation ceased as reasonable thought ebbed to nothingness leaving only a distained tarnish from where a sound judgment had once resided.

Kill him now Ulos”¦ the man who had given you your redemption has now seen his demise, now show this creature what you see in the face of death”¦

The hilt of his saber, had it been sentient, would've felt the vice-like grip in which the extremities of the padawan tightly wrapped around, forcing a ashen pale veil to fall over his knuckles as the blood rushed away from them. All rationality had been tossed to nothingness, and through the dark oblivion of Ulos' sight there was a face, a chilling image that sent a pulsating wave of frigid cold through his body as the icy air about him dissipated from his feeling as a numbness engulfed his being. Staring into the face that faced him in such blinded darkness was the face he had seen on Dagobah, when he had fought the creature and spared it. The face was his own”¦

The sabers met with a clash, sparks flying forth from them as the large burst of light could be seen partially even through the sable sheet that placed itself in front of Ulos' vision. With the small eruption of miniature sparks, a reaction was set off in the heart of the apprentice that had been building to a climax for many days now. The fire inside of him began to burst into a raging inferno of passion that flowed into his hands and forced them to nearly spasm at the shear amount of rage in which they held themselves there.

24m7slk.jpg

Suddenly, something snapped in Ulos, and his ferocity shone through into his fighting style. Darex found himself being pushed back, and having to lower the advancement of his own attacks for defense. He felt the change in his apprentice, and that cold voice in his chest began to speak again. He shook his head and ignored it.

Seeing a flaw in Ulos' defenses, Darex slipped underneath his blade and swung wide. Ulos caught it with a quick backhanded swing, then Darex flipped over his head and struck downward. Once he reached Ulos' other side, he summoned the Force and pushed, sending the apprentice flying back.

He knew he had to keep up the charade at least a little longer, so he spoke again. "You're pathetic. Only your hatred, your passion, can destroy me, and you are too weak to employ them."

Inwardly, he was hating every minute of the deception, but at the same time, Ulos had needed to come face-to-face with the Dark Side, and this controlled--or at least semi-controlled--environment was the best place. But from watching his Padawan, he could tell that there were still some things they needed to work on...

FDY9u6P.png

A body relinquished control of itself as it fell limp to the air in which it flew in, pushed by some impregnable force that shoved it's cruel hand into his back and hurled him toward the icy floor. The body collided with the ground and the reflection which had spawned itself underneath the ice as the cold touch caressed his cheek and even the hardness of the solid ice felt softer than the lightest feather. Some place in the war zone of a life that was Ulos Rolan's mind, there was a secret hope that held true and welcomed such frigid embrace with a hidden sensitivity.

Come back Ulos. Come back”¦ do not give up”¦

Inside, somewhere in the hollow shell of a body that it now was, the being of Ulos Rolan began to hold with it an inhuman struggle that transcended all possible comprehension and spanned into a realm all of it's own. The pinging numbness that had swallowed his body began to lose it's grip as a gentle wave of consciousness began to emerge through this thick tarnish that found it's way into his heart through the pain and hate that was obviously still in him somewhere deep inside where no eyes could bare to pry and no touch could truly reach.

His hands were outstretched as the saber was just to the right of him, feeling the prints of the crystal crust in which he now lay. Though he was down there for a moment, his eyes saw an eternity slip firmly through his fingertips to fall to abeyance. Neglect cast aside this misperception of time that now held himself with it's own palm, freeing himself from this prison of time in which he saw through the many facets of a prism through the falsities that riddled his mind. Images of Dagobah, Haruun Kal, Coruscant, and Illum flooded through a crystal clear sight that held with it these memories that engrained themselves within the vague memory of the jedi apprentice.

Cast these aside, for the man who has taken you to these has fallen. Do not make his mistake”¦ do not fall too.

Wake up”¦ wake up”¦

Somehow the man had fallen to an abnormal slumber in which he lacked any semblance of vitality in this catatonic state. A distant light, brilliant yet tainted in appearance, called out and beckoned him back to the fragile sense of reality that hung in a delicate imbalance to the tentacles of blackness that held themselves out from the shadows, grasping his limbs and threatening to tear the true soul of the man apart.

Still, through this dark obscuring nature of the fold that lay across his eyes, he saw not the man who could hear and sense moving about with an odd facade of destruction that held over something internally that was all but lost on the partial thought of the jedi padawan. All that held true to him was the face of his own self, clad in the dark robes the lay across an obsidian backdrop and laugh in a maniacal fashion that only the truly insane possess. It was perhaps an idle dream, or it could've been a vision that glimpsed into the future that potentially held this as an omen to a vast period of darkness.

With this vision in some partiality of control, the cyclone of emotion pushed itself up off of the ground as a saber hilt flew back into his palm, nestling itself into his palm and keeping there with it's golden illumination. Now in his opposite hand, the other hilt ignited as it tossed itself through the air into the other waiting hand which clasped it and made sure that it became as well acquainted as possible with the weightless weapon as it spun and twirl with somewhat complex movements. There was no an armed and dangerous enemy that this taker of life would face, for he had no idea the extent of power that the deceased Darex's apprentice held within his realm of control.

I will fight it”¦ I shouldn't do this...I should fight him but not like this.

You cannot stifle the voice of reason. Hearken to my words and lash out!

I”¦

The darkness once again took slight control of him as he lunged out once more, both sabers pointing away from his body and seemingly leaving his imperious chest puffed outward in arrogance. With a sudden snap, the two blades made a scissoring motion that held with it much power and grace to snap down upon Darex's assailant and strike him down to the nothingness from which he'd come. This spawn of the dark side would die by his blades, and remorse would be killed.

As the jedi was forced to duck over the purposely higher placed blows, Ulos flung his arms back to allow momentum for a powerful knee of who's cap caught the face of the foe and pushed with an unrelenting force that only the raging power within him could secure. Every ounce of the maneuver was aided by the speed and power of the force, flying to his tendons and tensing them with power and strength.

I must”¦ come back”¦

24m7slk.jpg

Darex flew back, landing with a thud. Ow, was all he thought before he vented the pain off into the Force. Instead of standing up, however, he flipped his feet forward, copying the Padawan's move, and landed in front of Ulos, his blue blade flashing towards Ulos' head.

"You fool!" he spat. "You grow weak, remembering the teachings of the Jedi. If they weren't enough to save your precious master, then why should they save you?"

Inside, Darex began to feel hope again. He knew that Ulos could have killed him when he scissored his lightsabers, and he could feel the conflict inside of him. He swung his blade in a fast flurry of swings, up, down, right, left, forcing Ulos to defend himself. Keeping it up, he used the Force to speed up his actions to unnatural speed, and drove Ulos back. While Ulos was concentrated on that, Darex suddenly grabbed at his left lightsaber with the Force, wrenching it out of Ulos' hand and into his own.

He spoke again. "Now, young fool, you will die."

FDY9u6P.png

The hum of the blade grew more persistent, slashes and swings pouring out from the figure's grasp. With moving feet, the jedi apprentice backed up maneuvered his saber to account for the many different blows that were sent his way as he took up a more defensive posture. Then suddenly the saber he held in his left hand flew from his grasp and unraveled itself from his grip, flying to the distorted presence of his temporal foe with a mighty pull of the force.

His taunting is correct. If your master could not defeat him, you won't be able to. However, you have a hate that Darex didn't, and you can thrive with that hate!

No, there is still hope. I can resist this”¦

Turn this deceit away! Listen to your heart and don't suppress it!

So that is exactly what Ulos did, and as he stood there he began to listen to his passions and all of the emotions that defined his character and values. They had riddled themselves through a complex labyrinth of a mind that had manifested itself within the head of the man. No decision was clear as some obscuration purged himself of that luxury, spreading the corners of his mind to the various different voices speaking to him over the tumultuous uproar that always accompanied a battle.

Inside of the internal monologue in his brain was a war going on, one that was far more deadly and costly than any personal battle that he had undergone and one that would perhaps decide his eternal fate in the galaxy. Although the solution was simple, making that choice with such clouded judgement was what was so difficult to do at this point.

Then that was it”¦ everything suddenly calmed as a great wave of thought crashed down in a triumphant, world-shattering smash of clarity that reflected upon everything the crystal clear image of what would happen next. Fate had intervened in the situation somehow, twisting and bending the marrow of the man to the point where his character was redefined and all evil fled from his being as it was abolished for all eternity. No longer would the perpetual claims of the dark side strike at his foundation, nor would he even dream of listening to them.

24m7slk.jpg

As the battle progressed, the light in Ulos won out, slowly but steadily, and Darex couldn't have been prouder. He continued to fight, but with Ulos refocused, it was harder for him to keep up the battle. Suddenly, he found himself on the ground, Ulos' twin sabers at his throat. For a moment, he wondered if Ulos was going to kill him. After all, many Jedi had done that in his position. If that was his fate, he would accept it, but something told him that it was not his time. He would not be killed by his own apprentice...at least now here, and not now.

Therefore, when the blades vanished and Ulos turned away, Darex cracked a smile. He stood. Seeing Ulos take off his blindfold and begin to turn around, Darex deactivated his lightsaber and hooked it back onto his belt. Keeping his Force-presence still hidden, he merely waited.

FDY9u6P.png

Words... they fled from existence as the darkness fell to the ground to reveal a forgotten, or perhaps just discarded sight. The features of Darex Travellian were alive and full of an unexpected vitality that raced throughout him as his presence in the force sprouted once again to the flourishing beacon that it had always maintained. All throughout this time he had spared no mere sith, rather just an imaginary assailant whom his master had created for some reason that escaped Ulos' mind.

"You're...alive..."

Ulos felt a holt of excitement posess him and it took every fiber of his being to resist the urge that told him to go absolutely balistic over such a discovery. The master he had thought deceased now stood before him and nothing could alter this somewhat euphoric state that had hurled itself upon him. It engulfed his very essense and enveloped every tensed muscle as the glowing radiance of perspiration seemed to dance in the vision of the frigid, icy spectators to the event.

Then a tinge of guilt, shame, failure. All three cut into him and started to make him realize that he had given into the Dark Side for the beginning of the fight and in that regard he had failed his master. How could he do such a thing. Holding his head low, Ulos whispered a sigh.

"I have failed you master...I was not as strong as I should've been."

24m7slk.jpg

He could feel the joy radiating off his apprentice, and it caused him to crack a smile. When Ulos then hung his head in shame, Darex spoke up. "On the contrary...you came back. That is the most important thing. Not to say that I wasn't afraid for you...but few can face the power offered by the Dark Side, then turn aside from it. It proves to me that you are strong, something I never doubted. Some Jedi would say that since you were tempted by the Dark once, you have a greater chance of turning to it permanently. I, however, am not one of those Jedi."

He put a hand on his Padawan's shoulder. "A few comments for you. It was when I faked my own death that you were tempted. That tells me that you are letting our bond drive you. To be a Jedi is to let go of attachment, even to your friends, your Master, or your apprentices. A Jedi must be willing to sacrifice someone to save others. For example, I would not hesitate to sacrifice your life if I knew it could save thousands of innocents. Any of the Order would do the same. So should it be with you regarding me. Remember the words of the Code: There is no death, there is the Force.

"Also, the Dark will pull you in by twisting your emotions. Now that you have experienced that yourself, you know how it slips in, quietly and unnoticed. You must always be on your guard. Emotions can be helpful allies, but deadly enemies. Treat them as such, and you will not go wrong.

"There is much strength in you. You have a good spirit, and are a strong defender of justice. It is ingrained in your nature, and I do not think you will be easy prey for the darkness. Remember your training and the mantras of the Jedi. They will not lead you astray."

Finishing his speech, he smiled somewhat sadly at his apprentice. "I am very proud of you, Ulos. You have been a good apprentice, and there is nothing more you can learn from me. Your training in complete, and you have passed the final test. I hereby name you Ulos Rolan, Jedi Knight of the Order."

Darex smiled broadly and waited for his reaction.

FDY9u6P.png

The last of his possessions and belongings were gathered up into what he could carry before his departure. His hilts, his sword, his staff, and holocrons especially all gathered again.

*In his minds eye he sees a view of the future, of something that is about to take place. On the other side of the planet, an Imperial shuttle sweep is taking place. Its standard and the very few storm troopers are about to re-board their shuttle after examining the small market area. The shuttle lands within his mind; and just in time for...*

Before the blink of an eye the man that once stood in his hut again flies from the insides, running with the aid of the force, blazing towards the market area that lay on the other side of the planet. He pushes himself and the force as fast as he can to make it here in time, as he knows this is his only way out.

Flakes and frozen rain slam against his face as the blur zooms over hilltops and open fields to make his destination.

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

((Sorry for not posting in a bit and for the quality of this post))

Ulos felt a pride fully immerse him in the fact that he had just accomplished what he had just set out forth to do so when he first stepped onto Coruscant. He was now at the pinnacle of emotion, basking in the thick ecstasy that enveloped him as though he were watching himself experience the moment in some sort of astral point of view. The icy sting of the air fled from him as the moment numbed his senses to the point where his flesh felt nothing but the warmth of exhilaration.

24m7slk.jpg

Trevelian smiled. "Of course, Knight Rolan. What are friends for?"

The two then braced themselves and made their way out into the blustery wind and snow. After walking a way, they reached the ship, having no difficulty finding it through the aid of the Force despite the blizzard. Once they were onboard, Darex threw back his hood and shook the snow out of his blonde hair.

"By the Force...that wind really cuts to the bone," he commented as he walked back to the cockpit. "So, Ulos, where can I drop you off at? I'm headed to Yavin 4 myself, but I'd be happy to drop you off anywhere you want."

FDY9u6P.png

Ulos could barely believe the words when Darex had uttered them”¦ Knight Rolan”¦ before that moment they had only seemed to be a somewhat distant fantasy that he was meandering toward. However, this was reality as he now looked and stared at the interior of Darex's vessel. His hands clenched into fists and then shortly thereafter rolled themselves back out into open palms as he remembered the grips of controls of that same ship in his hand as he had navigated out of the dense, oppressive obscurity that lined Dagobah.

24m7slk.jpg

Darex nodded. "Then to Coruscant we'll go. I'll drop you off at the Temple."

He hit a few buttons and the ship lifted off the ground. It slipped smoothly through the atmosphere and into space.

With a flare of the engines, the ship disappeared into hyperspace.

FDY9u6P.png

The door to the Imperial shuttle begins to close as the ship slowly lifts from the icy planet surface. A strong gust of wind blows through the closing door and nearly knocks the Stormtrooper that shuts the door on his feet.

"Winds picking up - lets get back to Coruscant ... No sign of any Jedi here today, Captain." The trooper says as the door completely shuts, the thumping sound of the cabin being pressurized.

"Roger that." The captain says as the ship moves into the blackness of space.

Just as they set their coarse for home, to safety, there in the shadows of the corner ... waits a man, a man with one mission. The danger that entered their ship was mistaken for a gust of wind.

The screaming of the engines howl as the ship blasts into hyperspace.

The powers of Master Prophet and Adi-Wan were defeated by whining, rather than the Sith RPers using their heads to defeat them.

The Lost Soul came out of hyperspace with it's shields on full. There didn't seem to be any other ships coming up on the monitors so she seemed to be alone in her endeavour this time. Looking around, Kira let herself sink into the Force, letting it guide her to the ruins of an old temple. She set her ship down, making sure she had everything she needed before leaving the craft.

Kira had taken the time to change into her light weight cold weather garb, placing a white and silver trimmed robe around her as well, being that she was going onto a snowy planet, she went with the white for camoflauge, negating her usual black with silver trim. She left the saber in it's compartment, only placing her silver blade on her belt, along with her pale azul lightdagger, slipping that into her boot sheath. She had her rationpacks within utility pockets in her clothing, not needing a pack for what she wanted to do.

The Jedi Knight left her ship, using the link with her ship to send it off to an undesclosed location until she called for it again. She hurried off to a close by cave entrance, turning to watch as her ship lifted off and disappeared from view, the snow swirling up from the air currents the ship had created.

Now... to let the past go and to begin anew...

Kira headed along an icy corridor, her senses on alert for any of the local creatures incase there were nasties about. She was lucky for a change, being able to follow the tunnel down to a low cavern. The way was difficult in places, mostly from where there had been collapses along the way, though there was no sign of this area being used in a long time. She let the force guide her until she came out into what looked like the remnants of an old Jedi Temple.

The force was strong here, her feet moving her of their own accord, leading her to another collapsed wall. Within the rubble, she was guided to a crystal, picking it up and turning it over in her hands. The pale, almost clear white crystal having come down with the collapse. The light within this cavern was unnatural, though the glow did allow her to see quite clearly without using her torch which she now extinguished, placing it back in her pocket. She placed the crystal within a special pocket, close to her skin inside of her clothing.

Moving over to another side of the ruins, Kira found a 'warm' spot. She was hidden from the entrance in which she had come in from, no other obvious one's visible, though she was sure they were around. She sat down in the shadows, sinking into a meditation and becoming one with the Force and coming to peace with all that had happened to her with regards to her last two padawans.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Rocketblaze brought the Blazetail down but he remained onboard. He went to the supply chest that held his running gear. Pulling out a custom fitted pair of shoes, he considered how long his stay would be. As he finished putting on his cold weather gear, the Archserpent decided that he'd just go until he felt to frosted to continue. The mirror revealed a nice white outfit with a red swoosh across it. A nod to himself set him to running. He left the ship and closed the hatch with his wrist link. A quick check ensured him that his lightsaber was still strapped to his back.

The jogging man wasn't far from his ship when he noticed a collection of Force energy over the hill. It didn't take long for the Archserpent to summit the hill and he then understood why he had detected the powerful concentration of Force energy. He was looking at the remains of a Jedi temple. But there was still far too much energy here for a ruin. A very curious Rocketblaze continued his jog down into the fallen building. There he came across what could only be a Jedi in meditation. He was still at a distance, but could glimpse her form. He approached softly, making sure to mask his connection to the Force. Looking like a regular man on vacation, he addressed the lady from a few meters off.

"Excuse me, are you ok?"

RBgun.jpg

PSN ID: Lord-Pent

Character Sheet

Kira came out of her meditations as soon as she felt the presence of another. The voice that spoke was calm, Kira rising from her seated position to face the man.

"I'm fine thanks."

Taking in his appearance, she was curious. Jedi came here often for crystals, though this man looked like he had been running. She was wary, not having seen him before... something teased the back of her mind, though she had no reason to jump to any conclusions.

"What brings you here?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Rocketblaze looked at the lady with a sincere interest in his eyes. She seemed well grounded.

"I'm out for a run. My home planet is great, but I was looking for a change. What are you up to?"

Rocketblaze pulled a slab of stone out from under a pile and sat on it. Despite all that he had become as a person, he was still a simple 19 year old human who could make a seat out of a big brick.

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

Kira flicked off some of the snow that had stuck to her robes, watching as he took a seat on a rock before sitting down again herself on another over from him. She was calm, her clear blue eyes bright against the white backdrop, her silver hair tied back from her face.

"Just enjoying the scenery here. Thought I was alone... I can see how running on Ilum would be challenging, do you come from a warmer planet?"

She was still very curious about him, the young knight, for all her experience, still only in her mid 20's. Her words weren't offensive, just stating a fact. She had been alone until he'd arrived. She hadn't sensed any life forms until she'd heard the ship arrive.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Rocketblaze knew that she was holding back, but didn't worry about it for the time being.

"I live on a warm planet with clear lakes, rolling hills, and lush forestry. It's beautiful, but never gets cold. I enjoy a drastic change in my life from time to time."

The Archserpent decided that it was a good time to step it up.

"How long have you been a Jedi?"

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

"Sounds lovely. Reminds me of somewhere I used to live."

Her thoughts briefly touched on Selvaris. She'd loved living there, the waterfalls, the forestry... the good times she'd had there... before the Empire had taken it. Now it was as good as forbidden to her. Her mind was guarded still, protected not only by her natural shields, but by her medical preparations as well. Her demeanour was still open, calm. She wasn't too surprised at the question regarding her affiliation. Alot of Jedi came here after all, and she was wearing jedi robes. Still, she was cautious in her answer, not knowing who her companion was.

"For a while. Why do you ask?"

Kira's voice was still light, curious. She'd been expanding her senses slightly, though held back with them cautiously, as if she were a new Knight, not one that had seen too much. She'd not gotten a 'reading' off her companion, but that didn't mean anything. She'd been tricked before.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Rocketblaze laughed lightly before responding.

"I've got to be honest with you. You're just too pure for me to keep this up. I'll feel guilty... Here's the thing... My name is Rocketblaze. I lead the Serpent Order, dark side users apart from the Sith. I came here for a jog, that part is true... But I've been curious about the Jedi and light side of the Force. I was recently involved with some crazy events that have made me question the actual power of the dark side. I worry that my restriction to the dark side may not be the most beneficial to my followers."

Allowing Kira to feel the strength of his connection to the Force, the Archserpent continued.

"We can get in my ship and head off to my home where you can enlighten me as to the ways of the Jedi, or I can fight you into submission and take you by force. Either way, I'm afraid you won't be able to leave. I like you too much."

Rocketblaze smiled, ready to pull his weapon immediately despite his reluctance to do so.

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

Kira breathed deeply, keeping hold of the serenity that she'd reached prior to his arrival, remaining silent as he gave his explaination. Feeling him reveal his darkness, hearing him speak of it, did put her on guard. So he lead his Order. She'd not heard of the Serpents, but the darkness did indicate an affiliation to the Sith. Slowly, carefully, she stood once more, her movements still graceful, though extremely wary now.

"Crazy events you say... Rocketblaze?"

She could feel his strength, her awareness tingling with danger signals as she gathered the lightside of the force to herself. Still, she made no sudden movements.

"What exactly do you need enlightening on?"

She was stalling, having studied in her meditations, the layout of the old Jedi Temple.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Archserpent remained seated and now relaxed back against a broken pillar.

"If you don't stop doing that, I'll have to lay the smack down on you... I'm far different from a Sith. I'm the next level."

He began gathering snow in his hands, forming it as he spoke.

"I was thrust into a battle in the service of a Chaos God that never did much for me. He confused me and left, leaving me to figure everything out for myself. I got to where I am, so I can't complain, but I've never got in touch with the light side of the Force directly. You know how to do it and you happen to be here; thus, I need you. I mean you no harm... Well, maybe a little playful harm."

Just as the words left his mouth, Rocketblaze used the Force to create a shrill sound behind Kira. She turned her head for just a moment, and was met with a snowball to the face when she looked back. The grin upon the face of Rocketblaze was a clear indication that he wasn't looking to fight.

RBgun.jpg

Character Sheet

The next level from sith? Just what exactly does he mean by that? Kira kept observing him, watching as he gathered up snow. That she had been a Council member until just recently, and hadn't heard of this Order... she found it very puzzling, wanting to know more.

"Just what do you mean by different. I've not heard of the Serpents before."

She found it interesting that he mentioned the Chaos God, her thoughts going towards how she got away from Nurgle with the aid of Malin. He seemed genuine enough, though she wasn't certain how to react towards him. The last sith she had encountered had been Exodus. They had fought, she eventually managing to capture the Sith Lord retaining her record of not having killed anyone with her blade. That this man kept stating he was 'different' from the sith, she had to wonder.

His talk about the lightside of the force, about needing her, Kira found very puzzling, not being able to help thinking the worst more over an 'innocent' request given her past dealings. Being on guard as she was, the sound made her look around, even though she knew there was a wall not far behind her. A trap! was her immediate thought, finding herself hit with a snowball as she turned back, her body immediately going into a defensive position in automatic reaction. Finding he hadn't pressed the advantage, she wiped the snow from her face, seeing that he was still sitting there grinning. Slowly she straightened her posture, the hint of a smile appearing on her face, wondering exactly what it was he really wanted.

"You say you mean me no harm. How do I know I can trust you? What exactly is it you wish to know?"

Two can play that game, let's just see what happens... Kira let the force create a ball of snow, recalling the time back on Selvaris that she had dunked Locke into a pool of water while she had levitated over it, well until he'd 'yanked' her down into the pool with him... She kept her hands in the open, a spark of her old mischief appearing in her eyes, just before she launched her own snowball at his face. Immediately she sprang away, gathering the force to her and running from him.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Darla's cargo frieghter decended through the icey atmostphere of Ilum settling down as near to the crystal caves as was possible.

After putting on her thick fur coat from the last time she had come Ilum, Darla went to check on Nivana.

"I'm ready when you are. We're going to head into the nearest cave to get the crystals you'll need to build your lightsaber. " Darla handed Nivana a cutting lazer. "You'll need this. Don'tworry too much about the size and shape of the crystals at the moment, we can cut them the right size once we're back onboard the ship. Think about the color though. The crystals color dictates the color of the energy beam."

Rannrsig.jpg

((no prob, about the non posting))

The usual sense of relief trickled through Niv when the ship finally landed. Despite all the space travel she'd done lately, she still wasn't overly fond of flying. She quickly slipped into warmer clothing as suggested and then pocketed the cutting lazer offered. Nivana smiled gratefully at Darla then attempted to ready herself for the cold climate of Ilum.

"Is the color important or significant in any way... or do I just go in and find one that appeals to me?" She asked with eager curiosity while she pulled up the fur lined hood of her jacket. She double checked herself before daring to step out into the hostile cold that was awaiting.

As they walked out into nthe cold Darla explained "The color is only really relevant to you. It's completely a personal choice. Think of the lightsaber as an extention of yourself, this weapon is yours, crafted by your own hands, used only be you. It can be whatever color you want it to be, just choose one that feels right tow you."

The cold find blew against Darla's facing, chilling her. It was welcome after the stuffiness of the ship. Darla wouldnt want to spend too long out on the surface of Ilum though. Even through their warm clothing the would freeze after a while.

"Has anyone explained dual-crystal lightsabers to you?"

Darla pulled out her saber and ignited it.

"The blade is blue...unless..."

After twisting a dial on the side of the lightsaber the blade lengthened, become thinner and changed to violet in color.

"With tow crystals instead of one you change the length and color of the blade."

With the demonstration over Darla turned her saber off and clipped it back to her belt. The two women had arrived at the cave.

"So this is were you get to chose. You can either make a standard saber or a dual one like mine. It's up to you completely."

The cave glittered with a multitude of colors. |Crystal formations of all shapes and sizes covered the walls, ceiling and even the floor. Even though Darla's last visit had been only months before she was still amazed at the wonderous sight.

Rannrsig.jpg

Niv was impressed by Darla's lightsaber. Her mind immediately began to process a number of situations in which it would be advantageous to wield a weapon like Darla's. She nearly decided that she would like a similar weapon, then thought better of it. "Think I'll stick with a standard saber. Maybe advance to a dual crystal saber somewhere down the road. If that is allowable...of course."

As the two women walked into the cave, their footsteps echoed delecately off the multitude of crystal formations. Nivana pushed back her hood and looked all about the cave, clearly amazed by the world into which she'd just stepped. It was far more stunning than she'd ever imagined. She wondered how many Jedi had made the very same pilgrimage to this very same cave to collect their own crystals. Niv was suddenly racked by a tremendous feeling of awe to know that she was a link in a chain that stretched backward through time.

She looked over to Darla and grinned sheepishly. "There are so many... " Niv shook her head thoughtfully, eyes dazzled by the shimmering array of possiblities before her. She closed her eyes, stilled her emotions and slowly strolled farther into the cave. She roamed aimlessly at first, then felt an urge to turn left. She obeyed, stretched out a hand before her and continued on. Eventually her fingertips slid across the cool slick surface of a large crystal formation. Niv's eyes opened, looked down. She fished about in her pocket and retrieved the cutting lazer. Without hesitation she set to work slicing a chunk of the crystal away. Once it broke free, Niv lifted it and then levitated it before her eyes. The crystal sparked as it was rotated and inspected. Finally it plopped back into the palm of her hand. Niv smiled down at it, nodded approvingly then wrapped her chilled fingers around the roughly cut yellow crystal.

The cold seemed to suddenly get colder. Niv hurried back to Darla. "It is done." She held her newly collected treasure out for the other to see. "Funny that Fynn would choose a yellow training saber for me, then here, I am unknowingly drawn to a yellow crystal," She mentioned then lifted her hood again, ready for whatever came next.