Ilum

RaveN

Jaden woke up. He looked around, left and right. "Where am I?" he said out aloud. Jaden then remembered following the creature friend he had met when he was searching for crystals. That was when it had gone black. But there was a significance to the blackness as he began to dream.

The dream at first was cloudy, then as it cleared up, it showed Jaden with one of his lightsabers out fighting off two sith who had red double lightsabers. The cliche' of red and blue was astounding. At first Jaden was worried that these sith would kill him then the dream changes and Jaden force pushs both sith away. Then smiles at the two sith and says, "You underestimate the Jedi, you Sith. Good will always prevail of evil." After Jaden had said this, Jaden pulls out his other lightsaber, and egnites it and puts it to his side. "COME AND GET ME!!"

The two sith then come at Jaden. Jaden lets the calm flow through him, and then Jaden beats them off and kills both the Sith in one foul swoop.

As Jaden remembers his dream he realizes this is something which will or may happen in the very near future. Jaden gets up off the ground and sees that his creature friend has been injured. Jaden runs over to the creature and sees that he has been bitten by what seems to be a few monsters. That is when Jaden notices the red eyes in the darkness behind him. Jaden egnites one of his lightsabers, and then the monsters attack.

The monsters are one of the most ugliest things Jaden has ever seen in his life, and are pretty big and fast. Jaden counts six of the buggers and thats when Jaden really gets worried. "Damn i haven't had to much training yet, and yet im stuck in this situation. Damnit Jaden, you always do have a nack of getting yourself into trouble."

Jaden dodges left and right and then attacks one of the monsters. Jaden kills the monster and then sweeps the lightsaber around in a quick movement, killing another one. The other four come at Jaden again, Jaden calms himself with the force, and just before the arrive at him, he puts out his hand and force pushes all of them into the wall. The wall cracks and the monsters are squashed.

Jaden gasps as he falls to the ground. Since he hadn't been trained to much yet he hadn't got used to using so much force powers. Jaden finally gets up and begins attending to his friends wounds. "You'll be alright little fella. Don't you worry."

After a few days, his friend had finally recovered, and Jaden decided that he was sick of protecting them from the monster attacks. "Lets get out of here mate, its time we see the light from outside once again, I'm sick of this darkness." Jaden jumps on the creatures back and they make there way out of the darkness of the cave.

jadencopy.gif

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them! "

The Canine, due to it's lack of use lately, whined as it descended towards the forest-y ground of Ilum. Brush and undergrowth scattered away from the powerful jets of the landing thrusters. Hitting the ground, the Canine settled into the ground, resting it's bulk on the powerful landing gear.

Minutes went by before the metallic ramp went down, and following it came the Light.

Avararda Dinn, Jedi Knight, walked down the ramp. His blind eyes didn't lead him, but his use of the Force did. He remembered every visit on the planet, from his first time to his last.

Stopping at the bottom of the ramp, Var extended his range of the Force. He scanned through the trees, vines, bushes and rocks, searching and searching until he found it. A little more than a mile away, Var found his apprentice. The boy's feeling was faint, but it was there.

Increasing his speed to an abnormality, he ran to his apprentice, letting the Force guide his body.

Another twenty minutes later, and his was there. A small sweat stained his brow, but he wiped it off quickly. His breathing was rapid, and his legs were tired. It'd been a while since his last run like that, but a Jedi could do it easily. This was proven by feeling his breathing return to normal.

Walking slowly, Var could feel the fight that went on near. Dead bodies of animals littered the ground. They were spread-eagle, and carried the marks of a lightsaber wound.

Not good, the Knight thought. Not good at all...

Taking care not to step on the deceased, Var located his apprentice. He was enjoying a ride on another of the creatures. Dinn stood out, in open space, observing the changes in his apprentice's attitude. He stood there until his former apprentice noticed him.

Jaden realized his master had arrived and he looked like he had just sprinted all the way here or something, but anyways Jaden quickly forgot this and said, "Master, it was horrible my friend the creature i am riding, he was attacked by some creatures when i for some reason was knocked out. When i woke up i realized that i had a dream about me fighting off two sith with red double lightsabers, and then eventually when i calmed myself and let the force flow within me i killed them. Anyways i think it may have been a premonition but im not sure.

After that, thats when i noticed this creature had been attacked by these monsters you see on the ground. These ones followed us out of the cave, but inside for days on end i was protecting us from their continious onslaught and when we made our way out here as i just said many of them followed."

jadencopy.gif

"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too! They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them! "

"I see," Avararda said. The monsters lay still, bleeding on the ground. Var half expected them to get back up. Var noted the motive in his head, and continued.

"It's been a long time, Jaden. Long enough that I can safely assume that you're no longer my apprentice." A grim expression passed Avararda's face before he said the next. "Your training was not close to finished. You still have much to go." The Knight purposefully left out the 'we.'

"The Jedi usually do not accept any that have defected from the Jedi Order. How do you plead?"

Jaden was astounded to hear what his master had said, I am not your apprentice anymore? "Your training was not close to finished. You still have much to go.? Master i plead not guilty i have done nothing wrong, sure i haven't been around for awhile but as you can see and now know i have relevent excuse to why it is so. So im plead no guilty."

jadencopy.gif

"I see." Var turned, so now his back was facing his apprentice. Folding his arms behind his back, Var spoke.

"A Jedi makes no excuses. He or she takes complete responsibilty for each and every one of his mistakes. The one thing that makes a good Jedi is honesty to himself. Now, tell me the truth. Don't tell me what you think I want to hear."

"Master I am true to myself and i would never lie to you. You must know that surely. Master if i have offended you in someway I am truly sorry, and please accept my apology." Jaden bows.

jadencopy.gif

"Yes master i accept. But please master trust me for I will have your back if we get into any situations." Jaden went red and sayed "that is if i receive your guidence and training of course" Jaden felt quite embaressed. "Um yeah anyway master what shall we do?"

jadencopy.gif

Rising from the bow, Var said, "Your training shall resume with lightsaber combat training. I fear the war on the Jedi Academy has every Jedi training for their lives."

Taking out a single lightsaber and igniting it, Dinn said, "I ask you to please take out a single saber, or both. Your choice."

Var's saber sent a green glow on the already-green ground. The familiar hum felt right at home in Avararda's hands, and he smiled, remembering the times.

Jaden decided that if he could use both lightsabers at once then he could use one as well. Jaden egnited both his lightsabers. Blue light glowed on the ground. "Master i am going to use both of my lightsabers as i think it will be some what more benefitial."

jadencopy.gif

Jaden thought about this for a second, how was his master the underdog? Sure his master was blind but he could sense through the will of the force.

Jaden confused didn't know how on earth he himself had an advantage over his master who was a jedi knight, while Jaden was a mere apprentice.

Jaden thought he would ask his master. "Master Avararda you are blind so that could give me an advantage somewhat. but in saying that you are blind you can still sense through the force and are a jedi knight. So if somehow i could use the force to conceal myself you may not be able to see me, thus you would be the underdog then. But master i can't see how thee can beat you. I could use the surroundings to help me and so could you. So the surroundings can be a advantage or a disadvantage to either of us."

"Master what is it that you ment?"

jadencopy.gif

Pacing around, Var responded.

"If you concealed yourself, then all I would have to look for is an empty space in the Force. Concealing yourself would cover everything except for you, therefore leaving a hole in the enviroment. I would still be able to find you, concealed or not."

"The question was a trick; I said what can you SEE to give either of us the advantage. Judging by your answer, you used exactly what I predicted you would: sight."

"You have five senses, six including the Force. Obviously the Force is your strongest, so why not use it? I daresay every combatent you face will be moving, slashing, or firing entirely too fast for you to see. Thus, the Force comes into play."

"Using the Force, one can do many a thing a normal person cannot. They can semi-predict the future. Take this for example. I will slash at you, but on low power. You will not be hurt. I want you to try and manipulate the Force, ask it for it's assistance. Try and block my attack."

Var switched the setting to low, and swung, using an overhead attack.

Jaden thought of what his master had said, the force is the strongest power. Jaden deactivated his lightsabers, he knew what he must do, he must do what his master had taught him at the jedi academy. Jaden began to feel the nature and surroundings around him and then he went into a state of calm.

This state of calm was quite different from the first time he had done it. It seemed to have changed since he had progressed in very little time. Also having to use the force to fight off the monsters.

Jaden concentrated and let the force flow within him. Just before his master was about to hit him Jaden flicked one of his lightsabers on and blocked the attack. Jaden bowed towards his master. "Thank you master, what shall we do next?"

jadencopy.gif

"Good job," Var said to his quickly learning apprentice.

Maybe he's learning too fast.. Var thought.

Switching off his lightsaber, Avararda motioned for his apprentice to do the same.

"We will continue with the Force. Now, as well as protecting your body with it, the Force can also enchance your physical limits. Watch as I climb this tree, using only my feet. I will run up the trunk, using the Force as an enhancer."

He pointed to a large tree, at least two-hundred and fifty feet tall. The brown trunk provided many dangers for those who failed what the Jedi Knight was about to attempt. Broken branches promised at least stitches, and the fall down would provide a few broken bones.

"I am going to envision the Force, allow it to flow around me, and ask for it's help. I will not tell it, or force it, much like the Sith." Turning away from his apprentice, he shed his cloak and sabers, and gently placed them down on a nearby rock.

He reared back a few feet, and then ran. Five steps before the solid trunk of the tree, he allowed the Force to flow over him, sending his body into a state of impossibility for a regular Human. He jumped, and sent his feet first, landing on the trunk. Avararda's body was completely horizontal, but he didn't stop there. He began running again, utilizing the Force to dodge the obstacles. One-hundred feet in the air, the Knight decided to stop. He back-flipped onto a thick branch, and crouched.

"Now you try!" he yelled. "Just remember what I said! And don't be afraid to ask," Var finished.

Jaden looked up at his master with his jaw dropped. WOW!!! Jaden thought this is definately a good thing to be able to learn. Jaden then laughed silently to himself about what his master had sad about dont be afraid of asking him for help. I'm not afraid of asking him how to do it, but of killing myself.

Jaden then thought to himself, if Master Avararda can do this, so can I, and master has confidence in me so i should have confidence in myself. Besides I dont want to disappoint him in anyway. Jaden began to slow down his breathing pattern and then let the force flow through out all of his body. Now that Jaden had done this many times now, he felt that the force had always been apart of him.

Now was the hard part, running up this tree. Jaden gulped as he looked at how high the tree was, it was HUGE! Jaden started his run and ran straight at the tree. As jaden was about 50 metres away from the tree, Jaden's speed of running increased so greatly that he the tree face first. Jaden hurting abit got up and realised that he had used the force to run. Jaden was shocked and realised that he didn't have pure control over this force running yet and would need his master to train him in it properly.

Jaden used the force run carefully to get back to a decent running start Jaden started running, faster and faster, and then he leaped onto the tree. Jaden blocked all thoughts out of his mind as he gradually made his way up the tree. Nearly towards his master Jaden had realised what he had accomplished and was relieved. Jaden made a leap for the branch his master was on and Jaden nearly fell, but Jaden retained his balance and had finished. Jaden freaked out about nearly falling off the branch looked at his master and went, "phew that was a close one hey master. So haha um how do we get down from here hehe."

jadencopy.gif

Var laughed along with his apprentice. The training was going extraordinarily well. They sat silently for a few moments, observing the beautiful planet. Then, tightening his blindfold, the Jedi Knight jumped.

Plain and simple, he jumped. Var could almost imagine Jaden's countenance as he sped up, and then, seemingly out of nowhere, he slowed down. In reality, however, Avararda was concentrating extremely hard. He had overestimated his power, and attempted to stop himself from a rather speedy fall. The whiplash hurt quite a bit, but the Knight used his meager healing power to allow himself some comfort.

Once both feet were on the ground, Var called up, "Just get down the same way you came back up: the Force! Just don't let your ego lead you, use the Force right away to stop your body from being a splatter at my feet!" Var laughed, showing his sarcasm.

Jaden laughed at his masters sarcasm, then yelled out, "Don't worry master, i don't really feel like becoming any kind a splatter." Smiling, Jaden sat down and mediated. As always he slowed down his breathing, which in return calmed himself down and also let the force flow freely through him.

Jaden did what his master had done just a minute ago. He jumped and began to run down the tree. At first Jaden was increasing his speed thinking this will be easy, then Jaden knew that with a decline going this fast, there would be some kind of backlash at the end when he would have to slow down. Jaden decided instead of going any faster than he was, he would stay at this speed as he wouldn't receive any backlash when he had to slow down. Of course this was an estimation, as Jaden knew he was still going pretty fast.

Jaden was about 100 m from the ground and slowed down. When he reached the 50 m mark Jaden jumped off the tree onto another trees branch and then another and another, marking his way down to the bottom and to his master. Jaden leapt from the last branch and landed right next to his master. "Phew that was quite a decent there hey master Avararda hahaha. We should do this more often on other worlds, it could be quite fun haha."

jadencopy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The MaleFaction dropped out of hyperspace above the icy planet of Ilum. Ka had barely glanced up from her studies as the ship broke free of the faster then light travel. She had arrived at her destination, after her long travels it felt good to get somewhere.

She decided to get some sleep before descending upon the planets surface. This would surely be a difficult trial before her. From the information she had gathered she knew many Jedi never returned from here as Jedi, but rather dark force users. Ka chuckled to herself.

karmysigcopy.jpg

"My apprentice, your time is nearing. Your training is coming to a halt, and your knightship is drawing near. I fear we haven't much time together at all." Avararda' s face formed a grave shape, and he was immediately serious. "Apprenticeship, like life, can only go on for so long, no matter who wills it to continue."

Now that both Jedi were settled from their run, Var motioned for them to advance towards his ship. While walking, he continued. "With a little bit more training, you will ask the Council for advancement if you feel you are ready. Now, let us return to the temple on Coruscant and see if they have any missions for us."

Var and Jaden were almost to his ship. Before they boarded, Avararda added, almost as an afterthought, "And please, remember your Jedi Code of Conduct," he said with a slight smile.

Jaden looked at his master astounished. Jaden thought to himself, Could I really be so close to being a Jedi Knight? "Master, let us go see the Jedi Masters at the temple and see if they have any missions inwhich we can take." Ohhh and master don't worry i wont forget the Jedi Code of Conduct".

jadencopy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Raziel awoke from his slumber to hear his padawan speaking to him. The silence of space combined with the peaceful center of that all Jedi Knights possessed had caused him to fall into a deep slumber, one that would not be good for anywhere but deep space.

Raziel held out his hand, awaiting his padawan to allow him to see the hilt. Once he had it he looked over it carefully. Taking his time and allowing the force to lead him to each spot individually so he would not miss anything. It did not take long to go over the entire thing and adjust a loose wire that Horus must have missed.

"I am quite proud of you, Horus. You are, indeed, ready to seek out your crystal and complete your saber. You will become one with your saber and the force, then and only then you will be ready for your trials."

Raziel shifted and began the preparations to drop out of hyperspace. Nothing but a blur could be seen as his hands moved over the controls, he was a Jedi, he was a pilot. The two intertwined and become one, as any other Jedi would become one with the force. Raziel was just one part of the combination.

"We are going to land on Ilum soon, you will leave my guidance and seek out a crystal. Go into the back and get ready, you may take heavy clothes to keep you warm if you wish but many chose to go in their Jedi robes."

He turned to face his padawan with a look of seriousness on his face. "Do not be confused though, this will be extremely tough. Many Jedi fall to the temptations this planet yields. Others come out with a invigorated feeling. Some receive visions, I myself received one...just be careful and may the force be with you Horus."

Raziel turned and began lowering the ship down to the planets surface, having come out of hyperspace not to long ago. Once he landed he disappeared into the snowy evening leaving his padawan to prepare for the test ahead of him.

((Make it good and detailed ))

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

• 2 weeks later...

"Yes Master." He walked slowly into the back of the freighter. He donned his robes, attached his lightsabre hilt to his belt, and put up his hood. He left the ship, and the wind hit him like a freight train. It was cold, and snow was blowing into his face, blinding him. See with the force, you know what to do. He drew the force to him to deflect the snow, and allowing it to flow through him Horus was able to keep warm. He could 'see' a cave in the distance, and it was radiating the force. The Padawan walked off in that direction, cloak pulled taught across his frame by the wind.

The distance was greater than he had initially expected. The sun had intermittently shone through the clouds, and it was doing so now. He could see that it was nearly sun down, but the cave was only a mile away now. Horus called upon the force, which aided him over the last sprint. That's probably the fastest mile I've ever ran. As he came upon the entrance of the cave, he finally came to bear with the fact that he was going to be a Jedi. Something Shy never had. A single tear rolled down the half-breed's cheek; a solemn reminder of friends lost. The wind picked up again, and he moved inside.

Suddenly, Horus began a series of convulsions; he had let himself overheat. It was only a matter of seconds before he had brought it under control, by use of a syrette in his leg. He wondered if he would be able to control them through the force. It was an interesting possibility that he would no longer need to take tons of medicine with him every where. Thinking of his meds, he grabbed at his belt. There were none left. It's alright Horus. You will probably not need them again anyway.

The Padawan continued deeper into the cave, letting the force flow through him. He had brought tools and other supplies with him, but had neglected food. Ok, so we'll be hungry for the next few hours, no big deal. It's not like we're stuck Horus. Looking up, Saast saw a number of glistening crystals in the ceiling, which made him remembered his purpose in the cave.

”œHow do I get you, crystals?”

Horus_Saast__Vin__51.jpg

Pizza is a reflection of all things good...like kittens; and meatballs.

Refrain from the Time Warp

Raziel had ventured out into the snow coated world once more. His last visit had produced for him a crystal and a most horrific vision for him to face, but this time he was in search of neither. He was here for one reason and one reason only, to train. Training in such an obscure environment was not usual for most, but it would be important to be used to fighting in such extreme conditions, at least it would be if the time ever came for him to fight on a planet like this.

He ignited his lightsaber and closed his eyes. The world around him did not change when he closed his eyes, save for one thing. Before him now stood a human male, in his hand was the hilt of a lightsaber. Raziel could fill the rage that was coming off of him in waves of heat, literally melting the snow. The Sith Lord ignited his blade, the crimson glow of it reflecting off of the snow and super heating the bit it had come in contact with.

Raziels own blade cast its violet gaze upon the world and the man. The blade was unforgiving, the same could not be said for its user, but if the force willed him to be such then he would do what need be done.

His opponent lunged at him, moving quickly. It was easy to tell he was a form IV fighter through his movements. Raziel turned his right hand just in time to deflect a blow aimed at his midsection. He called to the force, pulling it into his body so it would help him and keep him safe in his battle with this sith lord. The movements of the Twi'lek Jedi and the human Sith were fluid in every way conceivable, they were both quite dexterous and flexible, but as a Twi'lek Raziel held a slight advantage in the department of flexibility.

The combatants moved all around the frozen tundra in an amazing display of lightsaber combat. Complex flips, twists, and turns were performed by each combatant, but neither the Sith, nor raziel landed a blow. It was a eye popping struggle for supremacy for the Sith and a battle of justice for the Jedi.

Only through the grace of the force was Raziel able to perform his next maneuver and take advantage of the Sith's exposed mid section. His lightsaber cut through perfectly, his vision returning the second his saber connected with the imagery his mind had provided. He stood up straight and wiped the sweat from his brow before beginning his trek back towards his ship.

____

Raziel awoke from his nap to hear the familiar hum of a lightsaber going through training exercises. He smiled to himself, knowing that Horus had complete his goal. He moved towards the door observing his padawan working on his exercises. He was quite proud to see that he was able to work with a lightsaber so easily.

Raziel reached out and took it from his padawan's open hand when he spoke, observing it. He looked the entire thing over twisting it in his hand and testing its weight and feel. He ignited it carefully, looking the blade over. It was a deep azure, a nice color for a saber.

Raziel looked up at him, he was proud but he could feel his padawan was troubled by something. Most likely Shy-Ree, they had not been able to find her on Tatooine. He observed Horus for a few minutes before handing his saber back and speaking.

"I know you are worried about her Horus, but you must wait. The force will guide you to Naboo when you are ready, just trust in it." He patted Horus on the back. " You did an great job on your saber and I am proud. We will be heading back to the temple now, we will train in space on the way back."

Raziel moved towards the controls, setting them up with the coordinates of Coruscant before returning to the cargo hold with his padawan. The ships autopilot guided it out of the atmosphere and into hyperspace quickly, though Raziel made a mental note to get a few upgrades for it soon enough.

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

• 4 weeks later...

The Myddrin appeared from hyperspace and made its way towards the planet's surface. It soared over icy crags and frozen plains. It took Cal some time, but he finally found a suitable, yet remote, landing spot among the steep mountians. The Myddrin circled the area and then settled into the cold soft snow.

Cal unhooked himself from his pilot's chair and headed for the exit ramp. On his way out he grabbed his blaster and the book Sahv had given him. He wanted to keep the book for a while. There were still things in it that he wanted to study.

Cal made his way down the exit ramp only to feel the stinging bite of the of the cold Ilum wind. He stepped out into the knee deep snow, pulling his vest tightly around him. He took a look around and soon decided that he had had enough. He made his way back up the ramp stomping the sticky white stuff off of his boots as he went.

Cal went quickly to the pantry in search of something warm to eat or drink. He found some gaffa grounds, Perfect, he thought. Not only would the hot liquid feel good after experiencing the cold tempatures outside, but they would also produce a pleasent aroma for Sahv to wake up to.

Cal brewed up the drink and sat down at the same table as earlier. He pulled out the book once again and flipped through its pages, studying more on the construction of lightsabers while he waited for Sahv to wake up.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Sahv handed a small datapad to his apprentice. "We're going to need this gear." He said, making his way to the back, where he found the sacks he'd brought on board. Opening them, he pulled out some thick snow coats and spiked boots.

"We'll be traversing a section of a glacier before we make it to the caves. Our bodies will be tested to their physical limit, no doubt, but in the end we will be stronger."

Sahv paused as Cal began puting the coat on over his main cloak.

"I sense fear in you, Cal. You must be mindful of the Force... it will always protect you, if you let it. Fear must never be allowed to cloud your judgement. Indeed, I forsee you will be tested today. I will be here as well, however, so your emotion is... less justified than under other circumstances."

Sahv gave a wry smile as he pulled a string, closing his bag.

"You will not be constructing your lightsaber here. I had you look over that book to gain an understanding of how they work, as well as obtain an understanding of the importance of the crystal in the process. So, just Force crystals today, Cal."

"Now. Before we leave," Sahv went on, "I want you to try to pack this small bag with some tools we may need."

Sahv placed a brown pouch on the table. Next to it, he put a small chizel, a soft cloth, and a blunt square rock.

"Use the Force."

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

"Sorry, but do you mind elaborating a little?"

Cal was puzzled. He had seen Sahv move things without physically touching them, but Cal wasn't at all sure how to accomplish such a feat. Sahv was right though. Cal was scared. He was scared of failing his master and his friend. He was now taking the first steps on the path of the Jedi, but it was unknown if he would succeed in his tasks, and it is that threat of failure that stirred the butterflies in his stomach. Cal experienced the same sensation at the beginning of all of Sahv's lessons, but little did he know that his fear would eventually become his greatest enemy.

"I know you want me to move them without actually touching them, but where do I start? Do I start by trying to sense them like I could sense the chair on Wayland?"

Cal tried to suppress his anxiety. He sought comfort in the knowledge that Sahv was there to help him. Cal was glad to have Sahv as a master. If it had been anybody else he may not have been able to endure the pressure.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg