Space

Ary the Grey

I smiled as Dashel quickly started talking about all the people he knew and worked with. It was clearly a topic he enjoyed discussing. I didn't know any of the people he was talking about, but I enjoyed the thought of meeting them, and thanked Dashel for his offer to take me to Tython.

The conversation lapsed into silence for a few minutes, until Dash spoke about two places that might be good for meditating. I smiled and shook my head. "I have no desire to meditate in that Sith's sanctuary," I said with a chuckle. "I'm not sure that would be entirely helpful. Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it later. For now, though, I just need to prepare myself for what we might face, and get back into the mindset of being a Jedi." I rose, leaving Dashel at the controls. "When I was in the military, I was always on the move, so I learned that a great way to meditate was by doing a necessary yet monotonous task." I motioned to the armor I was wearing. "I need to get this all cleaned up and ready anyway."

I nodded to the Trianii as I left the cockpit and headed to the crew's quarters. Slipping out of my armor, I rummaged through the closets and found a brown leather jacket I could wear over my black under-armor jumpsuit. Gathering my things, I returned to the main living area and sat down on a low bench in the corner and got to work. As I meticulously cleaned every inch of the armor, and then the blaster, and finally my lightsaber, I opened myself to the Force and let it flow through me, not thinking, just being. Slowly, the Force washed away my weariness, my frustrations, my negative emotions, and replaced them with a current of peace and energy. A small unconscious smile touched my lips as I cleaned, and I slowly began to feel like myself again and not like the mercenary I had spent so long impersonating.

An hour and a half later, I was done. My armor shone, my lightsaber sparkled, and Aira Cadan was once again a Jedi. I was ready.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

Two days later, Dash found himself at the controls of the ship when the navicomputer chimed its five minute warning for reversion to realspace. He called Aira to the bridge who arrived just before the corvette reverted just outside the Corellian system’s outer navigation marker.

• 2 weeks later...

Briia didn’t immediately answer him, her gaze fixed elsewhere in space. Her lips were pursed as she tried to process how badly things had just potentially gotten. She wanted to punch something, or someone - Jurgen Baille for one - for betraying all of them so deeply.

“Daennan Morveth was our Commanding Instructor when Mirdala and I were going through training together. Jurgen Baille was Taen’s right-hand man, the camp adjutant, though he trained those more on the constable side of things once they split us up depending on where we were headed. Mirdala and I were JP candidates, so we wound up with Morveth. You see, it’s kind of rare that there’s a large group training like that all at the same time. Usually new recruits are just apprenticed to older ones since usually there’s not a mass need like what was going on then. I guess we had a lot of outside contracts for our skill set so they decided to train up a bunch of us and see where we fit. Mirdala and I almost didn’t make it initially…”

The Twi'lek looked up at him, her blue head-tails quivering slightly, “Baille & Morveth were both hard-asses, but fair. She was willing to give us another chance. Mirdala helped me learn the language and tutored me on the rest,” she paused. “Did she ever tell you how she ended up coming to Concord Dawn?”

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

It made more sense now why Taen and Briia were so frustrated about the situation. Both the victim and who seemed to be the killer were within Taen's inner circle, and Briia had personal experiences with Morveth. This was all hitting pretty close to yaim for them. He didn't think it would impair Briia's judgment when they actually caught up to Baille -- if they managed to find him, given he had a head start and probably knew a thing or two about how to evade pursuit -- but he decided to keep an eye on her while remaining as objective as possible. There was still a chance that Baille was not the culprit, all they knew what that he had made a rapid exit from the scene. As far as they knew he could have been in pursuit of the real murderer.

For the moment getting her talking about her shared past with Mirdala would probably help. "I know it must have been shortly after Jorbe and Cyare were killed," he said. "But I never got the details. She didn't immediately move in with the Ad'Norts, she had a ba'buir or something, right?"

That last bit he'd picked up from a conversation he hadn't really been supposed to hear. He was getting a lot of pieces about Mirdala's past over time, but there was still a lot missing. Eventually when things settled down maybe he'd get a chance to sort through it with her.

iTJBZId.png

Briia nodded, relaxing. “Yes, well, part of that.” She shook her head slightly, causing her head tails to twitch. “She never moved in with the Ad’Norts, but they had originally been the ones to bring her from Shogun to Concord Dawn. Her ba’buir had apparently claimed her after she’d more or less ‘recovered’ from the ordeal on Shogun.” She rolled her eyes and punctuated “recovered” with her fingers. “Tsikala, Mird’ika’s ba’buir, pretty much locked her away from them. Not really sure why it was a thing, but it really made her mad.” Her mouth twitched as she remembered meeting the other woman for the first time and how the two of them had spent their first leave together.

“Not really sure how it came to being how she ended up in my training group, but Buir told me to pick her up on my way in, so I did.” She shrugged. “It was lucky for me because I don’t know that I would have made it through training without her.”

She chewed her lip for a moment as she considered sharing what she wanted. “I don’t know everything that happened before we started training as JPs, but I knew she wasn’t on good terms with her family. I didn’t find out she was merely doing what she thought was enough to skate by or why until later. Morveth helped straighten her out, though she only took her aside because myself and another recruit were worried about her. It was really hard to find the courage to do that for me, but I’m glad I did. I owe her a lot."

fMZZcER.png

Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya. - "Train your sons to be strong but your daughters to be stronger."

“A Mandalorian woman's greatest talent is not her charm or beauty, but her strength of body and will.” - Mandalorian proverb

Kandor scratched his head absent-mindedly. "Why do you suppose she was trying to do the bare minimum?" he asked. "Mirdala never seemed like the type to do things halfway to me. And what about you? How did you end up in the Protectors?"

He couldn't speak for the teenage Mirdala of a decade ago, of course, but she'd already been training with TeVerd for her whole life. After her buire died, he'd always imagined she dove right into the Journeyman Protectors in order to start applying some of what she'd learned. Plus, she'd been separated from the Seeker and was being kept apart from the Ad'Norts. He figured she'd be as eager to get away from whatever Tsikala had her doing. These days, Mirdala had such a sense of duty to her aliit that she was willing to throw herself headlong into even things she dreaded doing on their behalf.

Briia was a little more of a mystery. Although he had seen moments where she'd shown her determination and proved she had some mettle, on the surface she didn't really seem like the type that would join a law enforcement agency. Had there been some event which had galvanized her into action? What drove her forward 10 years later?

iTJBZId.png

Biting her lip, she looked at him and shrugged. “Anger, mostly I think. Once things went badly for her parents she got little say in where her life led. Though mainly, I think she was still numb from it all. I know she felt abandoned by her brother, aunt, uncle and cousins. She downright resented Tsikala for babying her the way she did and later when she found out the good doctor was keeping the Ad’Norts from contacting her.

"But you are right, Mirdala never does anything half-way, and that can include digging in stubbornly or cutting people off completely when she gets it in her head to do so.” From her choice of words, it was apparent that Briia still felt a little stung at her friend’s decade of silence. “The instructors had expected her to excel based on her background. I think just trying to eek by was her way of trying to regain some control over her life. I think that she kind of felt the same way when she ran off with that bounty hunter too...”

The Twi’lek grew silent for a moment as she brushed her hands over the ship’s controls, but didn’t activate any of them. “I joined because I wanted to be part of something bigger and give back to the community that had taken my mom and me under their wing when Buir brought us here.” She shifted uncomfortably, not really liking to speak about her past before their arrival on Concord Dawn, as though giving life to such words would make the dream end. “I was born a slave, so was mom. Buir rescued us from that and even adopted me. I nearly flunked out of training, not for lack of trying, but because I was having issues understanding all of the newness. I just knew the Protectors were there to serve the community and I was told I could make my own decisions for the first time as an adult, so I chose this life. Even before I really knew what it meant. With Mirdala’s and Buir’s help, I began to pick things up faster and faster.”

Remembering what had happened recently on Vorpa’ya, caused her to slam her fist into the arm of the pilot seat. The idea that Jurgen could be the one to betray them and that he’d chosen to take out a retired Protector and friend made the act all the more vial. “I think I understand now the level of anger Mirdala felt. I’m so mad right now I can barely think straight.” She closed her eyes and took a few breaths to relax. “I know how I seem sometimes, and hearing about my less than stellar placement in training probably isn’t doing anything to help your confidence in having me along on this mission.”

“And you’re probably wondering why I even brought any of this up at all…Well, it’s because it’s obvious you two care for each other and you asked how I knew Morveth…but mainly because of how she chooses to place her loyalty. Don’t take advantage of that the way the other guy did. You really won’t like me at all when I’m angry and it’s directed at you.”

She shrugged and changed the subject, “So what about you? Why CoreSec? Did you grow up here too? How did you and Mirdala meet? She hasn’t really told me anything, actually clams up about you anytime I try to get some details. It’s adorable really.” She laughed. The different focus was helping her get her mind in check regarding the swirling suspicion that was turning in her mind.

fMZZcER.png

"Your buir sounds like a good man," he said levelly. "And you are a good woman. Taen was right to send you along, I need someone like you to have my back during this hunt like you had Mird'ika's during training all those years ago." In his experience testing proficiency was not always the best measure of competence. He just needed her to think on her feet and put to use the decade of experience she'd picked up since then.

He supposed it was inevitable that she would ask about him next. The hyperspace jump was local enough that they only had a few more minutes, but the plan was straightforward once they got there -- make contact with Zarek Morveth, find out what he knew, head to the crime scene to look for evidence of what had happened and where Bialle had gone. He didn't care for talking about himself, but he didn't know how long he and Briia would be on this hunt and figured it might make things easier if she knew a little bit about him.

"We actually met on a New Republic black ops team near the end of the war, if you can believe it," he said. "Didn't realize then what we would become, but our paths crossed again after the war ended and we decided to both join CoreSec, build a partnership."

He indicated the crescent moon symbol on the refit beskar'gam. "This means that I am Moon Knight. It's an old tradition of verde and beroyase that goes back to the foundation of the Republic. What it means for me is that I took an oath to protect the droten from the dar'jetiise and other evils," he said. It sounded almost a bit like a storybook when he put it that succinctly. The memory stuff was downright outlandish -- Briia didn't need to know about that part. "The black ops team was one way to do that, CoreSec is another. I've never been a good cop, though, got a thing against red tape. Think when this is over I might move on to the next thing."

Kandor stood up. "Six minutes on the jump," he said. "I still need to get into my usual kit. Make contact with Zarek as soon as we're out if I'm not back in time, please."

He followed words with action and headed back deeper into the ship to get changed. Not knowing what was ahead, he had to treat it like a hostile situation and give himself every edge he could afford in order to come out on top.

iTJBZId.png

The ship was no longer in the area that could be considered Gala. They had drifted out of orbit. But they remained out of hyperspace with no clear destination. Dahar and Tobias were alone in the cockpit as Kirlocca was tending to Xae in another section of the ship.

"Tobias, what you did down there was amazing. You were able to do something the rest of us weren't. For that you have my thanks. Also, you're seemingly unwilling manifestation into my life helped pull what's left of the Jedi together. I thank you for that too...

I have to find out if we are all that's left. If no, we can pull together whatever Jedi are out there. The galaxy needs us. And if not, we'll know to start over.

Where we're going is a very special and sacred place. Not in millennia has an outsider been allowed there. Even the Sith haven't been able to find this place. It's our most carefully guarded secret. I don't know if Xae even knows how to get there. But it's where we're going. A temple, a resting place...

What about you? Where are you going? What are you going to do? I feel like I already know the answer to this question, but do you want to become one of us?"

Deep inside his mind Dahar pondered the meaning of that word, us. Why did lines and affiliations define them?

He shrugged and sighed. "I'm sorry, you are one of us. Years ago when you left Gala I marked you as an enemy of the state ((I went back and looked at some old posts when Tobias killed some dude and Dahar got riled up)). But you've redeemed yourself, at least in my eyes.

I suppose the will of the Force will always prevail. What do you want to do?"

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

Vos sat in silence for a moment. Reflecting on what had all happened in the past few hours. Mind racing, body aching- all he wanted to do was hit the nearest bunk. Dahar had other plans though. On and on he went, chatting about things. Questioning Vos. When it appeared that he had asked his final question- Vos sighed.

His gaze was out the viewport, watching the stars slowly move. "The question is Does the galaxy even want us back? Us as in Force users in general. The Sith as you call them are out there- I can feel them. I can feel the Jedi as well- albeit they are on board with us- save one with a most curious signature.... I have no desire to do anything at the moment other than tend to Xae-Lin's wounds. Or sleep. Sleep sounds perfect right now."

He chuckled a bit- "Why are Jedi always so nostalgic?" Why everyone wanted to keep these ancient places was beyond him at this point. Scars and scars on older ruins. But these places were strong in the Force after being saturated for so long.

"I thought it quite clear- I am something more than Jedi or Sith. Do not take that as a threat or even as boldness. There is something more- Dahar. something greater than light and dark- good and evil. There's the right thing to do. That is what I am. I am a Warden of the Force. I have seen things in the next plane that I cannot put into words. What exactly is my next move, I do not know. I wish we would have taken Kirlocca's ship to orbit as well besides leaving it planet side."

Tobias was at peace with his words, and it even felt as though a great burden had been lifted off his chest with the declaration. The crystal resonated peacefully against his chest. The wicked artifact called from his bag. And the little trinket Dahar held called to him. The Force spoke to him, and Vos listened.

Kirlocca stood over Xae and brushed her hair out of her face, although while he was looking down at her eyes, he was not looking at her. His mind was elsewhere, his Force signature might even have hinted at such a thing, as all he could do was think about Tython, and what exactly that meant for him. Dakar seemed very focused on it being a rallying point. Kirlocca on the other hand, did not see that. He saw it as a catapult to launch him forward on his path. He was certain that Dahar played a major role in that, of that he was sure. But the Wookiee also knew that Xae would not remain on the planet, and that her destiny... her path... was already calling her down a road that Kirlocca would not be alongside. How he knew that, only the Force could tell.

She’d finally allowed herself to give in momentarily to unconsciousness when the Wookiee had scooped her up from the planet’s surface, but the sharp pain of being laid on the ship’s medical bed brought her acutely back. The medical droid’s prodding didn’t help either. Kirlocca was still there with her though, she realized, when his massive paw brushed away some of her hair was surprising gentleness. Her eyes met his but she could sense his distance, even as he aided her through the Force.

Part of her wondered where the four of them were headed, even how long she’d be among the others, and certainly if her niece was among those that had survived Gala’s destruction. Even though she’d been a Jedi for several years now, she’d spent so little time actually among them that they seemed almost foreign to her. She strongly suspected that Il Andon had not allowed her release from training to retreat to some quiet planet to meditate for the rest of her life. As soon as she was recovered, she trusted that the Force would show her the next steps.

She could feel Kirlocca nudging her towards sleep as the medical droid had produced a read out of her injuries and began to repair the damage. As they’d largely suspected, she’d punctured a lung with one of her broken ribs and had several injuries and contusions to her internal organs as well. There’d been some concern about her bone density, but she’d just managed to explain before she drifted off. Growing up in Dathomir’s lower gravity had its side effects.

The droid chittered to itself as it began to work on surgically repairing the damage under Kirlocca’s watchful eyes.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Tobias's words were loud and clear. And true. Dahar had also come to sense what the kiffar had said. There was indeed more. Light and dark was such a broad term when in reality there were at least fifty shades of grey...

"You've seen some things, man. And some stuff too. Part of me is a bit envious of the experience. Like I told you before, I've died too. A few times. But it was nothing like what you got to behold. I can't help but wonder if there was some reason that gift was given to you."

Only a fool would forget the past. There was a time where Tobias and Dahar were sworn enemies. When Dahar had trusted him alone in a temple and that trust was betrayed. So he wouldn't forget. But a Jedi didn't hold grudges. There is no emotion, there is peace.

"If you want your own ship there will be one for you where we're going." Dahar he knew Tython would have any of the resources they needed.

"In all honesty, Dahar, I think it was the circumstances of my passing. It was something bewildering. I-" Vos's eyes twinkled- remembering something. And a sharp inhale and he jerked his head back, as if trying to hear over his shoulder better.

A second passed and Vos looked back at the Jedi Master. "There are more Sith than I thought. Now we are away from that scar-" another inhale- but it felt as if the Force itself swirled in the air. "Everything is so much clearer." The words flowed with awe and excitement.

"I wish you could feel it the way I do- it's so alive. We are going the right direction- for now." Implying the Force. With each breath the newly claimed Warden looked refreshed.

Kirlocca water Xae fall into the healing trance, or at least some form of it. Her face seemed calm, unlike her interior body state, which was still broken. Yet within her own Force aura, the Jedi Master could tell... Something had awoken within her, and it was stirring. He now turned towards the droid who was aiding in her healing, and made sure that it was doing it;s job before he left her alone and began to walk towards Dahar and Tobias Vos. He found the two, a conversation held a break, so he made his own presence known.

<< She will be fully recovered upon arrival. >>

Tobias looked to see the wookiee come around the corner. Was he listening? Moving along, Vos saw this opportunity.

" 'tis a good thing you showed up, Master Kirlocca." Vos's accent slipped trough for a second. Coughing- "You two know where we're going it sounds like. If you don't mind, I will take my leave now."

He nodded to both Jedi, and dipped past Kirlocca. He made it down the hallway out of ear shot, or curious eyes. There were no camera's in this ship- just cargo bay doors. It was here he put his hands against the hallway. A slow inhale- and...holding it... holding it. And release. Vos seemed to breath out his strength. His head lowered, shoulders sunk, knees bent, elbow bent under the weight and fatigue. His thumb and forefinger pressed the bridge of his nose and moved in small circles.

Last time he went somewhere to recover or show weakness- Qaela happened. Removing his fingers from his nose- he opened his eyes. Darkness. Trying to blink- it was black, then black, black, and more black. A shock went through him- down his spine and into his toes. Trying to see something again his eyes were flooded with light. Surprised, he glanced around for the person that just called his name. No one was there. Time seemed to stand still.

Something about the first step- then his Father's voice- then his face. Vos's heart stopped for more than a second. He had never remembered his father's face. But the man's lines were his own- his jaw-eyes-everything. Age showed in the man's face. Gray hair covered his chin and lip. Gray hair- wrinkles. Once Tobias saw him- he knew in an instant. Blinking again- there was his father! Standing right in the middle of the hallway. Was he- Tobias- going insane?!

His eyes narrowed at the figure. No, this was reality. At least where he came from.

Tobias spoke first."So, you finally decided to visit me. Aye, Father?"

The figure nodded.

"What word do you bring?"

"You are being hunted." a rough voice came from the old man.

" You come to watch them take me down?" Tobias had a challenge- albeit subtle- to his voice. They spoke as if they had every day for the past thirty years. This was this was the first time Tobias had ever seen his father though. They had communicated and known of each other- starting off as rivals last year when Vos had passed to the next realm. But it was more than that- both men respected one another. Deep down, Tobias was a little embarrassed by the man he was, now that his father actually knew him.

"I'm going to watch them try. And before you ask- No, the big guys don't know I'm here. So don't say anything- they're distracted for a minute. That's all the time I got- I don't like forcing you down here, but that's the way it worked. Don't forget what's at stake here." The man nodded- and disappeared. Time seemed to speed up and everything seemed to turn normal again.

Tobias nodded back, listening closely. He knew what the old man was going on about. Gritting his teeth, he moved on and towards a bunk. Slinging himself into it, he reached out his powers in a little barrier, nothing sinister just a little alert bubble around himself. The green eyes rolled and the meditative state began.

Oh the irony of his father coming back to tell him the Seeker's were on to him. The other's didn't need to know, the Seeker's wouldn't harm them. They wouldn't even be able to see them.

They crystal laid upon his chest, wrapped in his robes, the mask frame called and scolled all in the same breath. The two were most remarkable. Both floated out and free across the room- the Kiffar reflected on both of them. What was at stake? Why did he come back?

Kirlocca watched as Vos walked past him. His body posture seemed to be almost nervous... wary... or intimidated by the Wookiee. He couldn't quite put his finger on what exactly was bothering Vos about him, or why he would even feel the need to feel the way he did. The Jedi Master instead let out a breath of air and turned slowly towards Dahar with a look of remorse and sentiment of awkwardness.

<< Did I interrupt something? I feel like I am causing a gap between you and...Vos? >>

Kirlocca was avoiding the question on Dahar's mind. The Wookiee could feel it. Dahar was looking to rebuild the Jedi Order. Even now, this would be a first Council meeting of sorts to him, and it wasn't what Kirlocca had in mind. The Jedi Order was in a state that was unknown to both Jedi, and the Force seemed to have willed both to Gala to meet. If the Jedi Order was in as bad of a shape as Dahar thought, then Kirlocca would need to aid him in rebuilding the Order. But for some reason, Kirlocca was trying to convince himself that Darex and Onderin wouldn't have allowed the Jedi Order to have fallen off the map during his exile.... But if it was true... this was the beginning of a new era for the Jedi Order....

Dahar smiled at Kirlocca's sincerity. "Interrupted? No. We're going to Tython, you and I both know that. But Tobias, well, he used to be a Sith. It's not like atonement has never happened before, Sith have become Jedi. But that's not what's happening here. He's definitely changed over the years. But he's not one of... us." Dahar put special emphasis on that last word. They had all worked together on Gala. But the truth was, despite everything that had happened, Dahar and Kirlocca were part of something. Something bigger than themselves. Or at least that was what Dahar believed.

"I spent a lot of time with him before you and Xae showed up. It had been years since I had seen another Jedi. And then Vos shows up. He has a lot of ideas, beliefs, thoughts, that ake sense to me. The light and the dark, we're all part of the same puzzle. But, we're not the same. We're all different pieces. Sure we can work together at times but there will always be people out there who want to do evil. And for that reason there will always be a need for people to fight them."

Dahar was becoming more impassioned and almost angry. It was more so at himself. For a time he had let himself believe that the inherent oneness of things would keep things in check. That things would always balance out. But that belief was slipping.

He pounded his hand on the wall beside him. "Dammit, the galaxy needs US. The galaxy needs JEDI!"

"Sabatin!" Vos shouted in anger. The lightsaber he held sizzled in the rain. It stung his face. His hair hung in cords around his face- soaking in the moisture. His face burned. Acid rain.

He squinted- Vos was reliving a memory. All the feelings were there as if he was there now. Not dulled by time. He was in the same body as now, but this was nothing he remembered.

The rain started to burn his hair and clothes off. Though the rain, he made out a figure- and a yellow light. Well, two sources but the same light.

"Vos- you are not to go back!" A thick- serpentine accent called through the rain. "You cannot go back with how far you have come."

"I will go back, you will not stop me. I have to-" He was interrupted with a whirlwind of yellow. This Sabatin was a Trandoshian. He was ancient- one with the Force could tell that. A beast in and of himself, he lashed out. Vos paired with calculated ease.

The red saber crackled and spat surplus energy in arcs around the connection as if it were a Lava Crystal. Under- over- side- side. The rain was the least of Vos's worries, it was empowering Sabatin, so being alert to his opponent was critical. After an hour of combat Vos had started to find a pattern in the Lizard's attack. It was as he was coming down with his right hand- Vos had a split second to deactivate- reactivate the blade he held. In a minute he would have his chance he just had to parry- patty- thrust and- the red light vanished for a moment. Sabatin's eyes went wide after he realized what Vos had done. For the first time since they had met Vos had the upper hand. His finger touched the button again- the red blade breathed new life. Sabatin hissed as the blade went straight through his hand rendering it useless. The black hole was the first injury he had in centuries.

Sabatin was a Seeker. Vos was his acolyte. Or at least was. The Kiffar had been asigned to him, but the two never clicked. The Hierarchy they were sworn to had ordered five people to return to the previous realm. The Seers. The Seer's saw everything- in this realm, the previous, and all in-between. Seekers sought all the Knowledge in the same realms. Seer's made the case for five of the tribe to return to the Chaos realm. That was the straw that broke the back- instantly there was a fight- at the table where they held their meetings. They pulled the strings of certain situations, but this was something else- sending people back was a no-no. Sabatin had been with the Seeker's for Seventeen Hundred years- he knew what the last person sent back did- and the previous person. Now five. The saber he held died on one end. He had killed three already, now it was Tobias and the other one remaining. Now Vos was winning- his Father had tipped Tobias off.

Blonde dreadlocks started to fall to the ground with a soft thud- Vos looked back over his shoulder. Vos deactivated the blade again, clipping it to his belt. He raised his fists. "Sabatin, let me pass, or I will end you- and everything you know will disappear forever."

Sabatin kept the yellow blade lit and in front of him. "No. If you pass, all of what I spoke will happen again. The Seer's have to accept that they will have to deal with it. We must stay here- in our role It will be so much worse if you go back."

"I have to save them." Vos pleaded. "I've done terrible things, Sabatin, and I need to right them."

"We don't have that luxury! We must face what we have done, and move forward. There was so much death and loss last time one of us returned. Not again. No one goes back." Sabatin pleaded. His serpent eyes flickered. He wished things were different, he honestly did. He reached out with the Force.

Vos collapsed. He clutched his throat- gasping for air. Sabatin held his hand out- saber lit.

Vos's signature started to dim. The acid rain had melted Vos's clothes and hair off, but it was not as if he was phased, he was dying. Sabatin drew closer and closer until the light was on Vos's face. As the rain receded- Sabatin had a neat trick with the acid rain- "The last thing you'll see is your lightsaber-" Sabatin was interrupted as he felt Vos's hand clasp against his good one and shove the yellow blade through Sabatin's neck. The Kiffar condensed his energy on the chance the reptile would get close- and he was right. Vos played with Sabatin's game long enough- it was over.

"They'll find you- end you..." The Trandoshian gurgled as he collapsed.

"May you find what you seek. May you only seek the worthy." Vos said, a quiet prayer the Seeker's spoke.

Vos guided the lizard to the ground- Sabatin clutched at Vos's chest as he rested against the ground. 'You honor me, Tobias. Do not fail as I have.' The words were not aloud- they were shared between the minds of the two. Sabatin did not respect Vos in the same light, and that was his downfall. Sabatin realized that, and accepted it- he was to pass on now.

As the lizard passed on, Vos saw his opponents saber a few feet away, and his own in the opposite direction. Naked with the two lightsabers in his hands he made his way down the stone path and towards the portal. Something called to him- but he knew the lightsabers would be left behind. They were his anchor to the realm. It's how his father would track him.

Down the valley a horn blew. Seeker's knew Sabatin was dead.

Calmly looking back, then forward to where he was walking, Vos started to go faster- faster. He had to get to the portal.

~~~

Back in the bunk- sweat collected in the bunk from Vos. He did not move, but it was very hot in the cabin. Things were hovering just a few slivers off wherever the artificial gravity kept them. The crystal and frame were still in place and it was as if they were talking to each other.

Kirlocca stared for a moment out where Tobias Vos had left them and seemed to be looking into his soul from afar, despite the impossibility of anyone being able to do that. He was going to respond to Dahar about the length of time not seeing any Jedi, as he had been exiled for well over four years, maybe even six. But then he had the outburst out of nowhere that forced Kirlocca to fully turn his body in attention to the Jedi Master.

<< Are we so sure that the Galaxy needs us? Maybe our war with the Sith is what left the universe in such turmoil and would have been okay without. Hell, for all we know that galaxy waited until those such as you and me were out of the picture so it could reset itself. Maybe we are to blame for the condition of the galaxy. >>

Kirlocca's voice was soft the entire time, clearly convicted by something that maybe no-one could ever understand. The Wookiee was even beginning to slump in his posture and allow for more of his own walls to come down. It was something that had almost never happened before. Kirlocca would easily blame it on his exile and lack of having to sue the Force and to hide. But if the truth was told, he was just simply getting older and wiser. Such emotions were needed to be exposed, and his own body was doing him a favor by releasing them into the open without letting him know that he was doing so.

The second vision came all but too soon. Tobias was still in the valley- which planet he had forgotten. This realm shared sites as the one where he came from. Everything was the same, except different. It made sense in Tobias's head. That was how he coped with it at least...

He walked naked down the valley still- along a stone and dirt path- the tree line was all the way at the foot of the hills on either side of him. Where he had just dealt with Sabatin- the surround area was yellow and dead, he was putting some distance between that and him. Things turned green once again- but Tobias had no time to enjoy the scenery. He had to move. The Seekers would be coming any second now. Sabatin had told Tobias what he feared- three of his squad were now dead. Which one was left alive? Searching his feelings as well as fibers of the Force- he felt her out there- waiting at the portal. He chuckled. Of course it was Sarah. She was the strongest of all the five tasked with going back.

As he started to run- the horn fell away from earshot. That was...concerning. His bare feet slapped the stone and dirt- and flinging it up behind him. There was nowhere to get a cloak, he had to be sensible, everything was going to be ripped off him in the transfer. The Seers had spent considerable resources tracking this portal down. There was only one- somewhere in the galaxy at one time they were never in the same spot, but they were consistent. That's why he was here. He- Sarah- Abraham- Torlin- and Q'tez were all tasked by The Hierarchy, the leaders of this Realm. It was made of Seers and Seekers. Those who knew knowledge and those who sought knowledge. They could even influence things where they once existed. Some would call that the Real World. Where he had been, where they all had been. Everyone that was a Seer or a Seeker- the only one that sat in this phase of reality- had been part of that world before- it was very specific who came on to this Seer/Seeker realm.

Vos's death at the hands of Qaela- his acceptance- it was a all a signal for The Hierarchy. They recruited him immediately- and Vos soared through projects. Earning respect, and attention. A good and bad thing to hold.

But there was trouble before he even got here. The two factions were at each others throat, they've been in a growing passive/aggressive relationship for years. When the decision to send The Five back was forced- it was the breaking point. Something was coming in the previous reality- some said to leave it be, while others wanted to directly influence the events. The Five were sent back- Vos remembered watching it all happen. The leaders of the Seekers had activated his weapon under the table- slicing right through it and the Second-in-Command of the Seers. It was a blood bath after that. Brothers and Sisters turned on one another. And everyone was a Force User in this reality- it was a horror.

Everyone scrambled after that- what had happened? He remembered his squad was split up and they all ended up leaving the planet for safety, and they planned to rendezvous here- this planet- shortly. Tobias wasn't sure of the time- but he had been shot down and did not have a lot of time to grab things before he got the escape pod out of his ship. They all could die- just the same as if they were a lifetime ago. He had grabbed his saber and his go bag, but save for his saber, it was all destroyed in the landing or with his altercation with Sabatin, they had gotten cocky- just sending Sabatin. Now they had to chase him.

There was a Seeker Stronghold here, thus the reason he was shot down- they didn't know the portal was here. At least, Vos didn't suspect it. Seer's always knew about it. It was all down to him and Sarah. A human female who was in tune with the Force on a different level. She saw the Force as Kiera did back in the time of the Old Republic. Vos had learned her ways- and when concentrating could do the same and even manipulate it. He had been the first Sith/Jedi that knew Kinetie and loved Physics. Vos had taken her skill to a new level- or at least thought he knew how.

Behind him, he heard the "wooop" of speeders echo through the valley. They were all getting weaker in some aspects since the schism in the powers began. He didn't look back, he didn't even flinch- Tobias just ran. He was closing in on Sarah. things went black.

~~~

The cabin's items started to shake a bit, nothing violent. Tobias was taking deeper breaths.

~~~

The vision came back- He had his yellow lightsaber activated- and Sabatin's red blade activated. He dispatched the second swoop bike with a cut to the stabilizers. The Seeker was thrown forward as the spokes of his bike dug into the ground. Sarah swung her green blade through the rider. Vos did not like the senseless death of his comrades, but it was a us-or-them fight. Twisting the red blade as if under-handing something- he reflected the blaster bolt back to the third bike but the rider had already jumped away. The debris and flames crumpled against the ground. The rider activated her yellow staff. Vos got in a defensive stance- preparing. Sarah- from the sounds of it had dispatched the first bike and was now fighting the rider.

"Real cute, Vos." A mechanical voice called from Tobias's opponent.

"Turn back." Vos commanded. The words were laced with the Force.

"Come with me." She shot back. Her words were laced with the Force as well, Vos's defenses were stronger than that.

"Irrisa, Go. Away. Now." Saber sounds from behind him. '

"Vos, we need to leave. Now." Sarah's voice called.

Irrisa launched a volley of debris at Vos- who dodged it. Flipping backwards, he saw Sarah and her opponent dueling. He oriented himself in his mind as he landed- rolled backwards and struck out with his saber. Sarah's opponent shouted out in pain- then sprung forward towards Irrisa. Throwing the red saber at her- he felt the Seeker behind him perish- he heard a stab behind him- Sarah had been a brutal Sith previously. It had stuck with her- anyone in her way was cut down, or pushed behind her. This was one of the reasons the Seeker's had a fit.

Irrisa deflected the thrown weapon and parried Tobias's attack. Locking sabers- Vos store into the visor. His friend was behind that screen- but all he saw was his reflection, but he knew the girl's eyes were on him. The two were blown apart from each other with a volley of swoop bike blaster fire. Sarah was sitting on the first bike- flying at them with a hand stretched out. Vos reached his hand out- his yellow blade disappeared- and he was swung onto the bike- it gave way with his added weight but Sarah just circled and hit the accelerator again and they shot back down the path. Irrisa was starring them down. More bikes and speeders were behind her closing in on their position.

Vos held one hand around Sarah's waist as he deflected blaster bolts coming from their pursuers. "No back up, huh?"

"Do you see any backup?"

He grunted, fair enough. The blaster bolts were a sign of how desperate they all were to stop them going back.

CRACK.

The bike pitched to one side and the two were thrown from the bike. Vos collected his strength and braced himself with the Force. He bounced over and over- Sarah was a little better off with the armor. Getting to his feet- he heard another crack. Sarah groaned and took a knee.

"Maglet's!" They were desperate. The must have hit the steering control on the bike- locking it. Now Sarah's leg was locked. Vos was naked so- he was covered so to speak. Another crack and Vos managed to hit the mini-magnet before it hit Sarah. "Leave me. The portal closes in two minutes. You'll make it, I'll stall them. I owe them for Abraham, besides- we both know it needs to be you, I'd be lousy without anyone to command." It was not up for debate- Her green blade appeared as she got the next one before it hit her. She was joking- she knew she was a bad pick to send back, but she did not question it. She believed in the mission.

Gitting his teeth- Vos knew he had to leave her. Another crack- a blurr of green as he turned. Shame they hadn't been able to land closer...

Crack! Vos's thigh cried out in pain, and he limped for a few feet. Maglets wouldn't kill him, but it would slow him down. There was the portal- just a cave. The darkness. All he had to do was cross the threshold. Crack!

Blocked- and an explosion from behind him. He felt the surge of power but kept his eyes on target. Eyes on target. Crack! He missed that one- and he dropped- then gave in- the anger- the pain. It was a drug to him as he blocked the pain. Crack! he felt nothing, but knew he had dropped his blade. Crack! Deflected with the Force. Then a leap- it was going to be close- but there it was- the darkness and the pain in his neck. Thousands of needles poked his body- then there was a sense of pure bliss.

Then- there was Dahar- in the same valley they he just fought through. He didn't know it at the time. Now Vos knew how he got back- it was all coming back to him. Things were starting to make sense. Why he was so determined to get back was still blocked out. His father must have gotten his saber- that's how he was able to find Tobias. He should have asked what happened after the portal and Sarah. The temperature started to cool down as Vos came down from the vision. The Seer's must have found when a portal was coming through. They're risking it, to find me. Tobias thought and still not a clue why.

Nearly an hour later, Xae awoke from her surgery and healing trance. The bacta and help the others had given her had helped accelerate her recovery, though it still hurt when she tried to move. The pain was bearable and told her that there hadn’t been any nerve damage, which was a good sign. She’d been redressed in a looser-fitting top, so as not to aggravate the bandaged incisions the droid had made to repair her internal damage. Gently, she reached up towards her long hair and wove it in to a loose plait. What shocked her is that some of her usually auburn hair had become pure white from whatever stresses she’d gone through in helping to banish the foul Sithbeast. It mattered little to her and she secured the braid.

Gingerly she rose as something within the Force called to her again. There was something afoot, not quite a disturbance, but something definitely drawing her towards it.

She wasn’t sure if being drawn into the in-between Il-Andon had been keeping her in had made her more aware of and in-tune with similar phenomena, but something seemed off to her in a way she couldn’t quite articulate to the others. It was almost as though she could sense a second reality, something beyond what this galaxy knew.

Barefoot, she moved silently down the corridors of the ship, allowing the Force to be her guide. Somehow, she wasn’t shocked when she felt Tobias’s presence on the other side of the door and knew it to be the source of what had been calling to her.

Silently she listened to the pull of the Force, but it told her little. Moving on, she continued towards Kirlocca’s presence, not surprised when she felt Dahar with him. The two of them were deep within what appeared to be a passionate discussion about the fate of the Order when she entered and took a seat off to the side of the two Masters, silently observing their exchange as she slipped back into the dull whispers of the Force around them.

There were many paths before them all and she knew she’d been brought back for a reason beyond simply cleansing Gala. “How many more areas of the galaxy are scarred by the Darkness?” she finally spoke. “I don’t think that arguing who is or is not to blame for the galaxy’s or the Order’s past problems is what we should be doing. What actions do we take moving forward are what will define us, as Jedi, as people, going forward. If we’ve been wiped to near-extinction, then perhaps we can use that to our advantage. It only takes a little Light to hold the Darkness at bay…"

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

The Shadow's Shine spent the next few days in transit, and Emily and Roe'gall spent those days healing. Roe'gall had had a bacta bath, something he had not at all enjoyed, and was now sulking in the hold, licking himself. Emily had been able to simply use some bacta patches and spend an hour or two in a healing trance. The rest was minor enough to heal naturally, although she was concerned one gash on her arm might scar. It was nothing a medical droid couldn't clean up, but she didn't have access to one right now, so nature would have to take its course.

Once both of them were on the mend, Emily spent some time meditating. Whenever she meditated, she remembered Nishant and his fondness for it. Now, she focused on what had happened and where her future might be taking her. She was, in a way, a new woman. Not only was she now a Force master, but she had finally been able to let go of the past. She felt lighter, freer, more whole. It was a good feeling, but it had come at a price. She was still sad, and she still had regrets, but now those regrets didn't haunt her as constantly as they used to. She was finally moving on.

The more she thought about it, the more she became convinced that she needed to finish Karys's training. Training appealed to her more than ever now. And while she was at it, she was sure there must exist others out there who wished to be trained in a path between the two traditional orders. She knew much now and had studied many paths. It was time to pass on that knowledge. She shook herself and checked her comm. There was one message from about a week ago from the Shadow's Gambit, informing her as a courtesy that Karys had departed for Korriban.

He never stays away long, she mused. She rose and headed to the cockpit.

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

"Yes, Master Kirlocca, that is the one thing I am sure of. The galaxy will always need us. She is right, even a few of us can do what needs to be done."

Dahar couldn't help but think back, now, on the events of the battle. He sensed that Xae had something on her mind that wasn't being spoken, or perhaps she didn't want to bring it up.

"The call of the Dark Side is deafening, hard to ignore. The power that it offers is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I studied under Master Darkfire for a time, during his exile. I've seen and learned things that I can't unsee or unlearn." Dahar could feel the Force around them. The darkness was always there, ebbing and flowing with the light. He had spent his whole life fighting it, externally and internally. "That is why I'm able to do things that might seem... not right. What happened back there with that beast, with the lightning. When you learn to let go of fear even the most dangerous ideas can be your ally. It takes a strong will to walk that thin line. But this is my life. It's all I've ever done." Dahar motioned to Kirlocca, implying the strength that comes with being a Jedi Master. "Look at Master Kirlocca. I'm sure he could have done the same thing. Everything isn't black and white, light and dark. But those who submit to the Dark Side, who kid themselves into thinking they can bend the will of the Force. They are the real danger."

The ship was taking the necessary jumps to cover their tracks. Even in this age a trip to Tython would need to be done in secret.

"I'm sorry, how are you feeling? Are you doing any better? We are going to Tython, the birthplace of the Order. Have you been there? It will be a good place for you to heal."

Vos laid there- his eyes affixed to the ceiling. He wasn't look at the metal roof, though. The green eyes gazed upon the universe as the civilized worlds knew. The feelings of every living being in existence was expressed in shades of varying degree. Blue- the kinder folks, Red- the beings that were filled with unchecked anger, the greens, yellows, purple and everything in-between. Separating each piece would be impossible, on this scale. On a smaller scale- he had done it. The monolith was the prime example of that. Or lack there of. He cracked his neck- trying to feel out the next move on what he had to do. Searching himself out on the map- he saw the blue in the cockpit of the vessel.

"Where are you Adenna?" He thought- but the universe spun out so he viewed it fully. "Sarah?" Still, the full picture. Moving down his list- Slicer, Torin, and down to Sooba. That one- Sooba- something blinked on the mental map. But it was just a flash. Nothing specific. The eyes followed the map as it slowly spun. An idea struck him.

"Tobias Vos."

Nothing. Why? Was he not?

"You do not belong of this realm." A small, sinister voice whispered.

Then, the crystal spoke to him. Not in words, but in feelings.

"You belong back with me." The same voice. It was the mask frame. It was empty inside the frame- Vos could still see the old mask as if on Slicer's face- but it wasn't those eyes it had. It was different.

Back and forth the two went, Vos did nothing to either. They spun in the air and then fell into his outstretched hand. Something big was coming- they both spoke of it. But- then it was a trip, taking him away from the universe image to something, not quite an image. A swirl of black and gray was about it- then it stopped and slowly formed a shape. A figure- with the mask fixed and over it's face. Carrying a viridian lightsaber. It was him- Vos. The figure carried himself differently than how Vos thought he currently carried himself. It was almost as if the chest was puffed out to posture- but his stance was confident. It was gone in an instant-his eyes fixed to the metal ceiling. How long had he been in the cabin? He was unsure, no datapad was within reach. He felt better- more alive.

Looking around, he put the mask back in the sack- before taking a moment to consider it. The same with the crystal- except that stashed in his chest pocket. Standing to stretch a bit- it might do him some good to get some blood moving.

Roe'gall wasn't doing well. He was growing almost pale, and was low in energy. Emily was worried about him. As she flew through hyperspace, she examined him with the Force. Slowly, an idea came to her. What he really needed was a transfusion. Unfortunately, she didn't have any tuk'ata blood with her. But there was a chance...he had been injected with some of her blood, and her with his. She could donate some blood and then use a sample of his to create blood that would work. It was a long shot, but she had to try. But for that, she'd need a fully stocked Sith laboratory. She had what she needed at home, but she was on the other side of the galaxy right now.

Making a decision, she dropped out of hyperspace and found that she was in the middle of nowhere. A few systems...and Kessel. She was close to the Maw. With a start, she remembered Spite Station. As far as she knew, it was still there, in the heart of the Maw, waiting for her. She smiled. The Force had provided. Changing course, she headed for Spite Station, hoping that the computer would be able to do the calculations needed to adjust for the drift of the black holes in the time she'd been gone.

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Kirlocca looked at Dahar when he spoke of the abilities in the Force. The truth was, he did know how to use Force Lightning. It was taught to him by Ar-Pharazon during the small time of his dark side adventure long before he was even considered for the trials to become a Jedi Master. But the Wookiee never once used it, as he felt like he gave into something every time. For him, the Dark Side was a fragile line that he walked too closely for too long. During his exile, he had wondered if perhaps maybe it was that same brush that lead to him being on Kashyyyk, but had come to the conclusion that it was simply he was still too into the war mindset and couldn't pull out.

It was then that a beep was going off in the ship, a signal letting them know they have come close to Tython. Kirlocca unfolded his arms and looked at both Dahar and Xae giving them a look that could have suggested he was already bored with the ride.

<< Well... No point in this discussion at the moment. Our focus is needed for the task at hand. You are well enough for this journey Xae? >>

Xae’s eyes became unfocused as she appeared to be looking within her own fractured memories and was pleasantly surprised when she was able to find a few remnants of her past associated with the world. “I believe so, though I remember battle. Kyrie, my Padawan and fellow Exorcist. Do you know of what has befallen her?” Almost as soon as the question was voiced, she felt her answer in the Force. “No…She was more my guide to the Exorcist path than my Padawan. Il-Andon sent her to find a Jedi strong enough to train in the old, lost ways...She was not as real as she seemed..." Xae paused as she tried to remember more about the planet they were hurtling towards.

“You speak of Tython as a hidden sanctuary, but has it always been so? Is it so now?” She looked from the Wookiee to the other Master, before shaking her head again as though she were trying to shake loose the other pieces of her memory. “Forgive me. It’s almost as though parts of my past are missing, some fragmented and unintelligible when I attempt to recall them. I suspect it has to do with the suspended state the Force kept me in for an amount of time I can’t discern.”

“But to answer both of your questions about my well being - I am well on the mend. A few more healing trances and I’ll be sure as the rains on Dathomir.” She offered them a smile before going silent again, her expression and impressions in the Force echoed her internal debate over Tobias Vos.

“You trusted Vos enough to leave me with him, but I remember him being at Gala when it fell, and not fighting for our side. In fact, Master Raikanda, I distinctly recall stepping between you two when you attacked him in the gardens whilst he was unarmed. I checked the computer - three years have passed since Gala fell. You seem to know the man better than I, how far do you trust him, honestly?”

psvBwny.jpg

"Yes, that did happen. I remember it. I was definitely a bit more quick to act back then. Especially since it was my job to protect the praxeum and a known Sith had weaseled his way in the front door. But that isn't the Tobias I know now.

I do sense that after our encounter on Gala, the brush with the Dark Side, that the ghosts of his past have been whispering louder and louder. But that is what the darkness does, and will always do. Attempt to seduce and corrupt. There is a newness to him now and a strength that has been sharpened and tempered by fire."

Dahar sighed and leaned against the wall. The ship was beeping indicating that they were approaching their destination.

"There is still darkness in him though, an inner turmoil. You have seen it, we can read it in you, Xae. You've seen things that he may never show us. When we arrive on Tython I am assigning you the task of watching over him. You and I may be the only people in the known galaxy who known the current Tobias. And from what I know he has no intention of seeking retribution, of becoming one of us. And now is not the time for bold philosophy. Tython has a history of balance. It is not devoid of the Dark Side by any means which is why I want you to with him."

Kirlocca kept silent and slowly walked away from the two and headed back to the main cockpit, if anything else to go and make sure the ship was still on course and not heading for a random star. With all of these talks of the Jedi, the Sith, the Force, it was beginning to drive Kirlocca mad. His exile had clearly now should him one thing; Force users talk too much about it. One thing for sure though, upon arriving at Tython, Kirlocca would look forward to having something to focus on that wasn't whether things were light or dark or who they sided with.