Korriban

Exodus

Quietus wore his usual grim 'evil bastard' face as Alora and Draken emerged from within the ship, arm in arm, and approached Emily, Vex'aedr, and himself. Countless memories of the two of them, both together and as individuals, bounced around in the back of his mind as they approached, all the while Quietus watched them intently. They both seemed to be much the same as he remembered them, which was enough for Quietus to dismiss one of his possible threads of explanation for this whole scenario. He had always been closer to Alora than Draken; a simple matter of her being his first real successful apprentice. At least, the first one who didnt die countless times or abandon him for some other Master. As such, he greeted her first, a rare and warm smile spreading across his face, though it still carried a sense of evil and ego to it. He gave her a quick hug, remarking that she looked well and as young as ever, before turning to Draken as the man stood beside Alora.

There was a pause for the briefest of moments as Quietus found himself unsure how he wanted to greet the other, before moving in for a hug that nothing short of awkward. To everyone else, it was eerily similar to the hug shared by the evil Dark Lord Moldervort and his young follower Mako Foulboy in the holovid version of Perry Blotter and the Eponymous Objects of Doom; part two of course. Quietus hugged Draken awkwardly, while the other stood there equally unsure and put off by the gesture. The embrace was released soon enough, and Quietus held Draken by the shoulders at arms length, the same warmly evil smile on his face.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" He said, seemingly pleased by having these two friends around him. In the blink of an eye however, the smile disappeared as anger flashed across his face. One hand jumped to the back of Draken's neck, while the other reeled back before cycling forward like a piston, slamming directly into Draken's abdomen. Quietus had used all his physical strength, and just lightly spritzed some Force behind it as well. Not enough to come even close to attempted murder, but enough to drive the point of his next words home. In essence, the gut punch was meant to bend Draken forward a bit.

"That was for chopping my head off last time you saw me, Shadowlord. I'll call it even." He almost whispered to the man.

The moment Quietus lashed out, Vex'aedr sensed the anger that flashed through his master's mind, and fell into a defensive yet aggressive posture, eyes darting between Draken and Alora. Evne the massive tuk'ata was surprised by the moment, and just as quickly as the punch had happened, Quietus latched onto his shoulders again to stand the man back up to his full height; or near enough. The smile too returned, and Quietus proceeded forward as if nothing had happened, furthering the illusion by turning to Alora.

"Held you captive? No wonder you made a mess of their ship. I wonder if they had any connection to the idiots who just ritually resurrected me... The Cult of Morthos. Ring any bells? At any rate, the cult screwed up. I was not the only one brought back to life by the ritual. Jaina Jade Skywalker... yes, my former apprentice... I believe she was somehow brought back from death too. And to be perfectly honest, I could use your help. Both of you."

Vex'aedr meanwhile, had returned to a more normal posture, but if tuk'atas could look confused, thats what the beast looked like. As if to say "What just happened", the tuk'ata actually turned to look at Emily; for she was the only other person it trusted.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

Draken grimaced, he was thrown off by the fact that Quietus had gone for a hug rather then a simple handshake. The reason behind the hug became perfectly clear a moment later as Quietus's fist slammed into his gut.

"That was for chopping my head off last time you saw me, Shadowlord. I'll call it even."

Taking a moment to regain his breath, he straightened back up and grimaced for a moment. "It seems that I deserved that. As to the cultists, well we already have the information from their nav computer and data logs." He paused for a moment to regard the tuk'ata with an arched eyebrow before turning back towards the conversation.

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Emily shook her head as Quietus awkwardly hugged and then punched Draken. Vex'aedr was clearly confused by it all, giving her a sideways look. She shook her head infinitesimally, and the beast whuffed and leaned against the wall, scratching himself on a corner. The news that these people had held Alora captive for years was disturbing. Not only did that mean they had resources, but that they had power enough to restrain a full-fledged Sith Master. It all pointed to some very disturbing conclusions, ones that Emily didn't think were a big leap to reach. "The Cult of Morthos claimed that it was raising Quietus to serve as a host or champion for their...deity? For lack of a better word anyway." She continued. "If this is the same cult, then who knows what they were planning on doing with you once he was raised. I, for one, find it disturbing that this cult has sprung up, that they have interfered with the lives of multiple Sith Masters, and that their power seems significant."

She crossed her arms and leaned back, shifting her weight to her back leg. "We have Alora captured, Draken just now finding where she is and springing her, Quietus coming back to life, and Jaina Jade Skywalker also returned from whatever void she has been in--and all of this in the space of two hours. This is no coincidence. What did you find in the logs? Where seems to be this cult's base of operations?"

It seemed logical to her that that would be a good place to start looking for Jaina. And if Quietus wanted Draken and Alora to come along for the ride, Emily had no objection.

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

Alora returned the hug warmly though was surprised at this move... he had always kept her physically at arms length and definately no public displays of affection ... she wasn't about to call him on it. When he awkwardly hugged Draken her sculpted brows rose in surprised confusion which quickly turned to amusement when the real reason became apparant. She had wondered if he was going to offer payback for that though was very glad her former Master didn't kill her love in return. Seeing the tak'uta get defensive, Alora eyed the beast warily, preparing to defend herself against it if became necessary. She only relaxed when the beast did.

"The Cult of Morthos... they did call themselves that though didn't say much within my hearing. They preferred to keep me in the dark. It surprised me when they released me soon after they landed. I got the impression they wanted me in your tomb but for what reason escapes me. Jaina?" Alora's thoughts turned to the Goddess... especially when she noticed the whip in Emily's hand. She brought their attention to both whips - the one Emily was holding as well as the one coiled around her waist. "What is the connection to Slaanesh?"

When Emily asked what Draken found in the information he gathered she turned back to him eager to know what he discovered.

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

Draken raised his left hand and turned over his palm to expose a small hologram projector. "Observe." He activated the projector which first showed a set of Galactic coordinates, then the projector showed a planet familiar to all of them. "The cult's last stop before they came here was Courscant. Or to be more precise, the deeper levels of Courscant near the memorial. I suppose that It should come as much of a surprise, though it seems that they were not there much longer then two weeks. Before that they seemed to have spent the better part of a year here." He pointed to a smaller set of coordinates in the lower left quadrant of the hologram.

As soon as his finger touched the hologram, the view changed to a picturesque planet with with the tops of temples peering through the forests. "Lehon, once an ancient empire that ruled much of the galaxy, then home to the Empire and now a Jedi temple rests on the planet. However based on their coordinates , it seems that they were on the other side of the world from the temple. Finally their point of origin was here." He paused for a moment, his voice taking on a thoughtful note before continuing. "Oddly enough, it seems that they have been stopping at places familiar to all of us, including one familiar to Alora and myself." Draken highlighted a final set of coordinate and the hologram view changed again to a ravaged planet covered in craters and crevasses.

"The ruined planet of Zoist, home to a crystal temple that I built to be used by the Krath. It seems that they were using this temple as a base of operations, something which I intend to halt with extreme prejudice."

Quietus watched and listened as Draken presented what he had discovered from the cultists that held Alora and their ship, letting the information connect to the complex web of threads he had already created within his head. The pieces were falling into place, but there was still so much that was left unknown.

Coruscant, Lehon, and Ziost...

The names of the three planets stuck out in his head, as he continued to chew on the facts.

"Unfortunately, the cultists in my tomb did not... fair well enough to give us much information. What I did manage to get from them was that they refer to their leaders as "The Masters", and that the whole cult is dedicated to finding "The Darkened One" who they think will lead their merry band of misfits to glory. But in the middle of all their zealous blabbering, there was one thing that stuck out to me. The Darkened One will do what the one known as Faust could not; the Darkened One will reshape the galaxy in darkness, and we who serve shall bask in their glory!. Any clue what that could mean?"

He paused then, his eyes searching all of the others for reactions or insight. Quietus had been dead for years at this point; when he was alive, Vladamir Faust had been akin to an evil anarchist, good for a dastardly plot ever so often, but nothing that Quietus could remember filled the sense of power that the cultists had displayed worship for. Whatever it was, it had happened while Quietus was dead. The look on the faces of his companions gave him no small measure of comfort, and each seemed to be avoiding his gaze. Finally, it was Emily who spoke, her voice quieter than normal.

"Well..." She began...

===========================================================================================

Ziost was gone. The entire galaxy was nearly destroyed in the process. Faust had nearly wiped every piece off the board in one fell swoop. For a moment, Quietus recalled his life before joining the Sith; a life where it was possible to feel fear and disgust. For that was exactly what he felt in the moment after learning of what has transpired. Oddly enough, it was the loss of Ziost that Quietus was most angered about, for that planet had served him and his brethren so very well during his time, and now it was nothing but ash and dust. Draken too was clearly annoyed at the use of the fallen temple as a base for these cultists. For a long while after Emily, with the occasional assist from Draken, explained Faust's failure and defeat, Quietus remained silent, his gaze buried deep within the sands at their feet.

"Well, I suppose thats two less goodie-two-shoes to get in our way down the line," he bemused, attempting to make light of the fact that Darex and Onderin had given everything to stop Faust. But the joke fell flat, as the topic was serious and sullen. Silence covered the group again before Quietus attempted to refocus.

"That makes more sense now though. This cult is obsessed with the level of power Faust wielded; to them he was a God. And now they are trying to find a new God... Thats why they resurrected me. They wanted me to be their Darkened One. But the ritual they used, I believe they crafted it themselves. The cult had brought with them tomes and data from several sources; Sith, Jedi, Massassi, Nightsisters... Anyone that had ever manipulated the Force or toyed with death. And that was simply what they brought into my tomb. Its safe to assume they have more. They are collecting knowledge for their cause. The cultists told me the ritual was unique. They tied sacrifices to several items of mine that carried my essence on them, and used them as sort of lightning rods for my soul to return."

Feeling as though he was simply spewing information, Quieuts cut himself off, forcing his mind to stop and think with a sigh.

"We need more information..." He said begrudgingly, at which point he also realized something as he stood in the shadow of the ship that Alora had been captive on. "Theres another ship..." He almost murmured, before turning to Emily. "There was another ship outside my tomb, past the Shadow's Shine! I remember seeing it in the distance as Raia headed towards it." He practically exclaimed. "I'll be back."

Without a second thought, Quietus turned and began sprinting across the sands back towards the way they came, with Vex'aedr following instantly without a verbal command. It took Quietus at full sprint only a few minutes to reach the small unarmed and non-descriptive shuttle; It was of course locked, but the glowy-end of a lightsaber rarely let a lock deter it. Quietus told the tuk'ata to wait and guard the ramp, and then quickly moved inside and began downloading all the info from the nav computer, flight logs, and even managed to find some personal logs. Those could prove useful later... he thought. As the data continued to download into a datapad Quietus had found on the ship, the Sith looked around out of curiosity, digging through compartments and items left behind on the shuttle. A few packages of food, clothing and information-less datapads all got tossed aside ad the Sith basically ransacked the shuttle.

But just as Quietus returned to the cockpit to check on the datapad, he noticed a smaller book tucked away, under the pilot's chair. It was a newer book, which was strange enough given the reliance on datapads and digital data. Strange enough for Quietus to retrieve it. He had only managed to crack it open and glance at the handwriting before the computer and datapad indicated the download was complete. Tucking the datapad and book under his arm, Quietus exited the shuttle, and began making his way back to the others across the sands, examining the data as he went.

Quietus arrived back at the base of the ship, among his colleagues and glanced at each of them before producing another hologram projector and plugging it into the datapad.

"I have found more..." He began, as a stream of data coalesced into another forested planet before them. "The cultists from my tomb were sent here, blind to the fact that Alora's were here. Comparing the two, it becomes clear that each group operated individually of the other, with no communication other than to their leaders. While yours came here from Coruscant, mine came from Yavin IV. They spent two weeks bouncing across the planet, stopping just outside a number of the larger temples there. I can only assume thats where they found the Massassi tome they brought."

The data cycled again, displaying another planet, that most of them would recognize as Dathomir. "And apparently before that, they were on Dathomir... Though from the logs it looks like there were more of them then. I guess the planet wasnt so nice to them, but it does explain the Nightsister tome we found." He turned to Emily then, expecting she would know what came next, "Any chance Raia could help us with the tome, or worse come to worse, return home?"

The data shifted again, this time showing the planet Tython. "And then theres this; Tython. Perhaps the one planet in the whole galaxy we should avoid at all costs. I dont know how they would have managed to get there and get out without the Jedi knowing, but maybe we could learn something once we compile all this data. In the meantime, we should follow the trail, backwards. If what you tell me is true, I would bet the cultists are based around what is left of Ziost; the site of their God's near success. Where else would they go? That is their sacred ground, much as Korriban is to the Sith. In that case, I do not want to walk into that uguns vētras without knowing as much as we can. I suggest we head for Coruscant, especially if they were spending time around the memorial, and figure out what they were doing for a week. From there, we can go wherever the mood or leads strike us. Thoughts?"

Quietus thought he laid out a fairly decent plan given what they knew and what they didnt know. Certain aspects of his rebirth and the time since still gnawed at him from afar, and he did his best to not even focus on the thought that kept smashing into his carefully thought out web of details; a part of his brain was screaming at him to find Jaina at all costs. Even if that cost was those around him.

1fE1uLv.png

Alora watched as Draken activated the projector. She was very interested in the information because she had been so unaware of where she’d been while held captive. In that empty room with her senses dulled by the ysalamiri and her comms jammed so she had no contact with anyone except when they spoke to her over the speaker or allowed her to watch the holo screen – and that was only specific shows, never news of what was going on in the galaxy. That they had been on Coruscant came as a surprise, the same with Lehon and with Zoist. Especially Zoist. She had been right by his side, reinforcing him as Draken created that crystal temple.

The Sith Mistress listened as Quietus and then Emily filled them in on what they had learned in the tomb and what had happened in the galaxy. She had no idea that Faust had been so fanatical. When Emily and Draken told them what Faust had done on Zoist, Alora stepped closer to Draken and rested her hand on his shoulder. She knew what that planet meant to him. Hearing that Darex and Onderin had been killed along with Faust left her feeling regret that she would never get to face either of them in battle. The Jedi’s reputations preceded them.

When Quietus took off towards the other cultist ship, Alora looked at Emily. “Your new apprentice seems to be respectful. Have you had her long?” They made small talk to fill in time as they waited for Quietus to return. Turning to Draken she said, “Those cultists, they were watching you. They filmed you on Serenno and would show me the holo’s to torment me.” Now her glance took in Emily as well, “I wouldn’t be surprised if they had been watching you too.”

When her former Sith Master returned and gave them further information regarding the cultists she listened along with the others. It didn’t surprise her that there were several branches of this cult. One thing for certain was that they were well funded and wide spread. Coruscant, Lehon, Zoist, Yavin IV, Dathomir, Tython.

“Not all of these cultists were Force Sensitive. That could be how they got onto Tython. If they were only there for gathering information, the Jedi wouldn’t have sensed a threat from them. Perhaps that is how they managed to get around the Jedi world without discovery?”

IgyyGiX.jpg

Darth Alraune

The plan developed quickly. Everyone had bits of information that they contributed, and together they formed a picture of an organization much bigger than Emily would have expected. She couldn't help but feel like they were missing a few puzzle pieces, though. She still wondered why the cultists had thought they needed 6 personal items from Quietus, when only one had brought Jaina back. She fingered the whip that she had hung on her belt finally. Alora was right--was there indeed a connection with Slaanesh? And what had her role been in all of this? For despite what Quietus might think, she knew in her gut that the ritual would have failed without her intervention. No, it was definitely not an accident that Quietus was back, nor that Jaina was. The Force had planned all of this, down to bringing Emily here at exactly the right moment. But what it's purpose was remained a mystery.

Emily sighed to herself. There was really nothing for it but to go to all of these places and put the pieces together. She was sure it also meant destroying the cult. But she meant to make sure she learned the ritual first. This knowledge was too powerful and too precious to die with the Cult of Morthos. Unfortunately, she wasn't all that interested in the cult. She was more interested in finding Jaina. She wanted to see her aunt again, catch up with her, and then feel free to go gallivanting across the galaxy on this cult hunt. She was about to speak up and voice that desire, but then Quietus suggested they go to Coruscant first. Emily paused. Of all the places in the galaxy, that was the best place to begin looking for her. There was almost endless information available there. If anyone had heard of her, news would have traveled to Coruscant.

She decided to hold her tongue. If they didn't find any trace of her while they were looking for cult headquarters on Coruscant, then she would say something.

Alora then brought up an interesting point. Emily didn't think it likely they had been watching her on Rish'navin, but she had traveled a lot recently when she was working to heal Fett. It was possible that she could have caught their attention, although given the bounty she had been trying to keep a low profile. She didn't know what purpose they would have had though--spying on Draken would have been a specific torment for Alora. Spying on Emily would have done no one any benefit or specific pain. There were only two people in the galaxy she truly cared about--well, now three, she supposed. Nishant was long gone, and Quietus and Jaina had both only come back earlier today. The shock of that thought hit her again, and she felt dizzy for a moment. But it passed quickly and she took a deep breath.

"I agree that it's best to start on Coruscant," she agreed. "Draken, I assume you want to take your own ship? Quietus and I can take mine, and we can meet on planet." That would be a good arrangement for everyone. She was sure Alora and Draken would want some time alone, and it was best for Raia right now if Emily limited her exposure to the other Sith--at least until they had had a chance to talk about it. Besides, there were things she wanted to say to Quietus in private, and the long journey from here to the Core would be the best time to make sure the air was clear.

She lifted up the small pile of books she had set down momentarily while they discussed strategy. It was time to be off.

Emily%202015_zps34rpkjob.jpg

"Days in the sun...what I'd give to relive just one. Undo what's done, and bring back the light."

((actions posted with permission))

Draken pondered a moment, thinking about what had been discussed between them. He retrieved his comm and atepped a short distance away before punching in a secure frequency. "Commander Arcan, I want you to place the Guard on full alert. Double the guard on all facilities and have the Black Guard stand to. I want them to be able to deploy in three hours notice."

He put his comm away and returned to the group. "Seeing as we have destroyed the cultists here, it would seem that we have nothing further to do here. Alora and I will take my ship and will meet all of you in at the memorial in Courscant. Until next we meet. Shall we my love?"

Drake held his arm out to her and the two of them walked to his ship. A few moments later the ship lifted of from the planet and shot into space, making the jump to hyperspace as soon as they cleared the gravity shadow of the planet.

Quietus nodded as Draken and Alora made their way towards Draken’s ship, watching the pair go for a moment before turning to Emily and Vex’aedr, and approaching them.

“I suppose we should make our departure as well my dears.”

With one hand, he reached out to Vex’aedr, giving the large beast an affectionate scratch on the neck. With the other he reached for Emily, finding that her hand still fit perfectly within his own. Once her hand was within his, he gave it a small squeeze before raising their hands up and spinning her around playfully a few times before he continued to walk, with her now at his side. Together they strolled across the sandy terrain towards the Shadow’s Shine, making idle small talk along the way. For Quietus, he was distracted by a great many things; his resurrection, the cultists and of course the lingering, nagging voice in the back of his mind whispering about Jaina. Despite it all however, he managed to push it all aside enough to simply enjoy the relative quiet time with Emily as they walked hand in hand, if for nothing else than the fact he did not know when, or even if, such an opportunity to be truly alone with her would come up again.

When they all arrived at the base of Emily’s ship, Quietus looked up at the ship and admired it for a few moments with a small amused smile, before he turned to Emily.

“Well, it’s your ship… After you mīļotā.”

He spoke at last, almost purring the last word as he extended his hand forward. He of course followed her, taking one last look at and admiring the planet Korriban before admiring the view in front of him even more so. He got all the way up the ramp and began entering the ship proper when a realization struck him, giving him reason to pause and turn, looking back down the ramp.Standing there at the bottom was Vex’aedr, going back and forth between sniffing the ramp, looking back at the tomb that they had come from, and looking up at Quietus with soft whuff noises. Quietus furrowed his brow at his pet from above, before rolling his eyes.

“Oh come on you overgrown kucēns… LETS. GO. Get up here. We are leaving! Plenty of things to see and sniff and chew on that are OFF this planet!” He scolded the pet, sounding slightly impatient.

With another low grumble, the giant white tuk’ata sprinted up the ramp, his paws sliding just the slightest on the angled smooth metal before darting past Quietus, who then followed with a small sigh. The inside of Emily’s ship was, as Quietus realized, something he had never seen before. It was certainly different than his own, which was borderline Spartan in appearances and comfort. He began to admire the common room at length before realizing Emily was watching him from across the room. He greeted her gaze with a small glare that had all the intimidation of a balloon animal, resulting in the briefest of laughter dance across her face before she gestured to the sofa. Where, as it so happened, Raia was asleep, slightly curled up into a ball, clutching the lightsaber she had been gifted as if it was a stuffed toy.

I guess that was all too much for her. But she’s had a rough time of things before I met her. I’ll get the ship started, will you make sure she gets to an actual bed? The bunkroom is back there…

Quietus had to stifle a chuckle himself as Emily’s voice came to him in his mind, his eyes watching Raia before he met her eyes once more and nodded to her. He watched Vex’aedr walk by Raia, giving her a passing sniff, before padding off to another part of the ship; likely either to find Roe’gall or to find a comfortable spot to claim. Once his tuk’ata had vacated the room, Quietus turned his attention back to Raia and moved forward, approaching the couch. He stooped down and managed to scoop the slumbering Raia-ball up and began picking his way across the room towards the bunkroom. He got about halfway before he realized that Raia was talking in her sleep, mumbling slightly.

Kuv xav mus tsev... thov... Furion…

The name she spoke was unmistakable, but Quietus realized the girl was speaking Dathomiri. He was not himself completely fluent, but could recognize the language none the less. Her exact words however, were lost on him in the moment. As he continued to move her towards the bunk room, curiosity got the better of him, and he attempted to glean through the Force what the young Dathomir girl was seeing. Curiosity, it turns out, can be just as bad for Sith as it is for felines. The moment he attempted to touch her mind, Raia’s body jerked as she lashed out with a fist intended for Quietus face. The punch missed, but its message was well enough inferred as the Sith placed the girl on one of the bunks and backed away. After the outburst, she returned to apparently peaceful slumber, her new lightsaber still clutched tightly.

Quietus turned and made his way back through the ship towards the cockpit, where he found Emily once more. He walked up behind her as she continued to go through the start-up sequence, knowing she felt his presence, and playfully swoosh-ed her hair to the side as he plopped down in the co-pilot’s seat.

“Your apprentice is in a bunk, safe and sound, though Force help anyone who tries to take her new toy from her. Though… she did mumble in her sleep… she said Furion’s name… amidst a bunch of Dathomiri, but still,” he looked back through the hallway that lead back to the common room, “Furion did a number on her it seems.”

1fE1uLv.png

• 3 weeks later...

The 'Grey Kestrel' arrowed down through the arid amosphere of the planet. Around him Reaver could feel the intense darkside signature of the planet beating at his mind. He swallowed uncomfortably as he brought the yacht in a for a pinpoint landing at a randomly chosen location on the planets surface.

The boarding ramp lowered and Reaver exited the yacht into the red dustly landscape. His eyes tracked around the horizon as he took in the veiw for as far as he could see. The planet was hot, but Tattoine was was hotter, it was sandy and dusty, but again so was his home planet. Ironcially given how much he loathed his home planet, that seeming familiarity made him feel almost at home.

He lowered his head and momentarily closed his eys, "Trust in the Force" he mumbled before setting off in a randomy chosen direction

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

**Now Entering Approach Vector of Korriban**

The overlarge hutt picked up a tumbler of Fortoni Wine, his wriggling tongue savouring the intensely sour alcohol, listening to the drone of his pilot droid over the relay. The Lord of Gluttony looked at his kneeling and pledging apprentices, slightly amused at their pledges of faith.

<<We will swiftly be upon the world of the ancient Sith… Strap in, just in case my pilot droid decides to Admiral Ackbar us into the spaceport as a pledge of support to some backworlds religion…>>

Without any religious extremism, the pilot droid brought the pleasure yacht in through the upper atmosphere of the sandy and dusty planet, the last desolate stop on the Kamat Trade Route, a shipping lane far less traveled since the fall of the Sith Empire. Sheog had been to Korriban several times in his long life, once as a small worm when he had smuggled himself in amongst a tapestry-salesman’s wares to try and find a less abusive home, and then again in pursuit of Sith Knowledge. Third time's the charm.

As dust whipped past the viewscreens, Sheog could almost see the grasping hands of the long dead Sith Order stirring through the sands. The Sith Master straightened his form as the craft descended onto the platform of the deserted landing pad. And slowly pushed himself down towards the ramp. He placed a palm against the activation panel and watched as the ramp lowered, letting the new smells of the planet replace the recycled air within his nostrils. He motioned for his apprentices to follow, braving the quietening duststorm about them. He first turned to both Karys and Pryden, as he adusted overlarge goggles about his eyes. He absentmindedly fondled the small lightsaber he had earlier salvaged within his snack bag

<<Apprentices… Here we are, Korriban… Home of the Ancient Sith. What is it you would like to learn here? >>

OvQX5BE.png

King Kheldar vos Correlli said:
Sheog, I have to ask, overkill much?

• 2 weeks later...

[[OOC: Sorry for the long delay guys. Hope it's good enough. ))

Karys was amused to hear they were to return to Korriban, and in a way happy. He much preferred home. As he exited the ship, he let the sand pass by...albeit he did have a small scarf about his face to protect from the sandstorm's that frequented his homeworld. The planet Korriban was where he had been born, until it's destruction he had been raised to a warrior among the desert sands and dunes of the world, then Ziost and again Korriban thereafter, such had been his life for a time. The darkness here had been apart of him for as long as he could remember and yet...he still felt apart. Like something was missing, a crucial piece to the puzzle. As he was asked the question, he considered his answer carefully and thought upon it.

Thinking deeply, he focused in the dark embrace of the force. Letting the air and darkness of the planet welcome him home like a long lost sweet scent. He desired to strengthen the connection he felt to the desert planet by understanding the power behind it, the darkness that had been placed in his veins and beat deep underneath the core of the world.

He spoke in reverence, as he smelt up the air. Focused himself.

''My people...and I are the descendants of the Ancient Sith, those that first walked this planet. The species survived in the form of seven noble clans, they are what remain of the Massassi...those that survived before sith begun the mutation experiments at least...their descendants, Kissai and Grotthu species, the same from which the Order takes it's name. The Adas, Narat, Graush, Sadow, Ragnos, Kreshh, Sarashashi and Hekk they are called. The eight greater clans of the empire with the Regent Of Korriban at the head who answers to the Sith Order.

I am a personal descendant and heir of the long-lived King Adas I, the fore-bearer to the Adas clan name. The very same who it was said led the revolt against Rakata invaders and subsequently acquired Rakatan technology more than twenty-five thousand years ago which has long since vanished or disappeared in the dunes. I am stronger than the others, in the force than the rest of my people at least this much I do know. It is believed I am closer connected to our homeworld due to this and it is why they chose me as Regent of Korriban, on a hope they might have another Golden Age as with the time of their ancestors.

One known as Asmenys Ragnos iv-Graush, son to the former Karai Sadow iv-Graush whom I had previously dispatched to the netherworld after a lengthy feud is one who does not want this to happen. His father attempted to prove he had a spine by trying to usurp me, and was not the weak worm I took him for...suffice to say his spine did not hold up to questioning. I had no doubt after his father passed his son would soon step up and be such a similar thorn, but hoped he would see reason...he refused and he has since proven a greater thorn than his father was. One the Darkside will aid me getting rid of I hope despite my mistakes, for the Dark favors the strongest does it not.

Regardless I don't know truly why but my affinity for the dark has always been strong. Perhaps it is Adas, perhaps not. Regardless I do wish to learn my gifts and unlock what potential lies within. To understand the Darkside, and in turn my planet as to rule it as the Dark demands. One in particular once showed me a possible path once, a spirit of old. Xendor he said. He spoke that I could learn the ways of the Marauder if I found one who would take me. He said they are well trained in weaponry but some amongst the Marauder Elite focus their efforts almost entirely on weapons training. As old as the Sith themselves, he told me these Sith Weapon Masters’ roots can be traced back as far as the Xendor rebellion, when he counted a number of Jedi Weapon Masters as members of his army. While Sith and Jedi Weapon Masters both dedicate themselves to weapons training the underlying reason behind the choice to do this is what separates us he said. Whereas Jedi Weapon Masters learn the way of weapons as a means of defending others, the Sith Weapon Master seeks to mastery the art of armed combat in order to prove his strength and bring ruin to his enemies.

This appeals to me. Greatly. To learn the ways of the Weapon Master and prove my strength to my people and the spirits here.''

Karys hoped he explained well enough, and hadn't got himself killed. It was difficult to explain...the connection he had with his planet was not one that could be rightly explained in words, It was both a physical connection and of the Force.

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

Sheog listened to the Massassi’s tale of ancient lineage, his mind swiftly growing bored with the overlong boastings. The Hutt snorted derisively

<<I have often found there is only one great being in every lineage, and the descendants of ancient kings are nothing more than pathetic whelps, their blood as muddied with inadequacies as their minds… Are you the exception to this, young Karys?>>

The Hutt continued, his gurgling voice dark with disappointment

<<Let me tell you the story of a young Sith Apprentice… A Kiffar named Lucifer. He believed himself to be all powerful, the diadem of the Sith Empire… So consumed he was with his pride he never witnessed his own failings… Do not let the specters of long lost power obscure the reality of the Dark Side. Like the young Kiffar, you might eternally strive to powers of the past… and never achieve it.>>

The Sith Master coolly placed an oily palm on the Massassi’s shoulder, the weight of the chubby hand almost driving him to the floor

<<You can use the ancients as an inspiration, but you will NEVER be them… Your head is in the clouds of Bespin, obscuring your vision as you tumble through the sky to be crushed into a diamond in its center. You must work your way into strength… Do you desire to be possessed by the corrupted ancients, so long in their graves?>>

His overlarge maw twisted into a softer smile, and his voice came softer and kinder

<<Remember, they all died failures. Your lineage is ultimately a failure, did they conquer the galaxy? Adas with his battleaxe threw off the shackles of the Rakata… But in the end he amounts to nothing. Become your own… Man? Massassi? Thing?>>

The Sith Hutt chuckled heartily

<<Do you people have preferred pronouns?>>

He motioned towards his ship, and his cadre of servants came boiling out, setting up a large table in the fading dust storm. Three of the Gamorreans were squealing with their burdens, carrying large barrels of darkened wood from the Luxury Yacht’s stocked hold. Hayley sat at the edge of the landing ramp, letting her fingers twist halfhearted braids through her raven hair. THe Hutt scooted up to the large table, and spread his fingers across the edge of the mahogany tabletop.

Before them lay a table stacked high with ingredients of many types. One of the barrels was full of black lumps of Anderan Flour (free range and gluten free), quivering slightly in its gelatinous state and beside it an antire casket of Drongon Brandy, its smoky smell indicating its millennium distillation process within the ironwood heart of a sentient tree, humanely killed through the gentle application of a woodchipper. A large plate of chipped chocolates made with the delicate milk of Taris Bloodpoppies, known for their narcotic effects upon humanoids lay beside it, accompanied by golden heaps of Bantha Butter. The steamingly husky smell of Ambrosia Cream, manufactured on Naboo by the enslaved Gungans met his nostrils, and the Hutt watched one of the Gamorreans accidently spill the entire platter into the swirling sand. Sheog placed his right hand over his middlemost heart, gripping at his oily chest in a fashion most often reserved for grandparents dying at their permanently scarred grandchildren’s birthday parties, in anguish. He spoke slowly, donning a gigantic chef’s hat and elongated mustache

<<Your first trial, young Karys… is a challenge that will require you to harness all your skill and energy… You must bake me two dozen, no more, no less, drop-cookies. They must be at least three inches in diameter, and I prefer them to be SOFT. Not Crispy. You must utilize at least 13 ingredients… Including the flesh of that bloody Gammorian.>>

Hayley tossed the Hutt a large pepper, harvested on Ziost before its destruction, crimson and swirling with capsicum power. The Hutt crunched it in his maw, shuddering at the ecstasy of spices.

<<WELLLLLLCOME TO THE GREAT SITH BAKEOFF!!!!!>>

OvQX5BE.png

Reaver trudged slowly through the soft red sand, his feet sinking upto the ankles with every step. Dust coated his clothes, face and sun cracked lips as he glanced upwards towards the sun. He reached slowly up and dragged the back of his right wrist across his forehead, smearing the dust with his sweat and turning it into a reddish muddy streak across his face.

The force was powerfull here, he could sense it all around him, the darkside, it felt...cold. A strange sensation for a desert world, but one he welcomed. He ran his tongue over his lips and closing his eyes. The few pools of water he had encojuntered since he landed he had stayed far away from, a quick glance had been enough to tell him they were poisoned, toxic and distinctly unhealthy. He took a deep breath and concentrated. Then changed the direction he had been heding slightly and again began to trudge slowly forward

Several days had passed since the two groups of cultists had each landed on Korriban to follow the orders they had given, but they had never checked in after the first group set out to infiltrate the tomb of the Sith known as Darth Quietus. And almost instantly after, the group that had already captured Darth Alraune fell silent as well. And now enough time had passed for the Leaders of the cult of Morthos to become concerned, and subsequently send another team of cultists to the ancient Sith planet to at the very least, investigate what had happened.

An almost identical shuttle emerged from hyperspace over Korriban, and made its way down towards the surface. A quick scan of the area showed that both of the previous groups' shuttles were still on the ground, and a discrete flyover confirmed no movement. Only then did this new shuttle land, almost directly next to the shuttle that had held Darth Alraune. Once the landing proceedures were completed and the ship's ramp extended, a total of nine individuals emerged from the ship in a hurry, scanning the immediate surroundings.

Of the first two groups of cultists, most had possessed little more than their ceremonial robes and possibly daggers. Some of those that had held Alraune were of course more heavily armed in order to deal with the Sith, but clearly not enough. This new group however, had the look of soldiers instead of cultists. Each of the nine, forming a full squadron of men, was wearing light armor that provided protection at a minimal impact to movement, and carried 9118 Heavy carbines as they moved to the bottom of the other shuttle, ensuring its security. Immediately they began to check on the numerous bodies that lay scattered and broken around them, the sands of Korriban already starting to bury them partially. Leaving two men to guard the ramp itself, the rest of the seven moved into the ship, and proceeded to check it room by room, a task that took less than ten minutes, after which they exited the ship and the squadron commander tapped his comm.

"This ship is clear Lord Azron..."

A few seconds later, a single cloaked individual descended from the new shuttle, wearing the same style robes that the Cultists had worn, only more ornate and higher quality, with a hood over his head. The man and the squadron commander approached each other, and then the commander gave his report.

"All our brethren are dead here, and the prisoner is gone. The inside of the ship shows signs of grenade usage, and the computer files have been accessed since we lost contact with them. And clearly..." He said, looking around at the scattered bodies, "Clearly someone was angry with them. Safe to assume it was their prisoner?" he ventured.

Azron remained quiet for a moment, statuesque other than his hood pivoting to imply he was looking around as well. "Possible. I am more interested in where she went. Let us move on. Destroy the evidence."

The man turned and ascended the ramp again, while the commander turned and ordered his squadron to scrap the shuttle, which they immediately began to set themselves for before returning to the shuttle they arrived on. As the shuttle lifted off the ground and began to shoot across the landscape, the squadron commander triggered the explosives, sending the already damaged shuttle into ship heaven. Instead of returning to space however, the new shuttle skimmed the ground and headed towards where the other group of cultists -- those that had been tasked with resurrecting Quietus -- had set their own shuttle down. It was a short trip, and just as before, the shuttle landed and the squadron disembarked and ensured the security of the landing, and then began to move through the other ship. When the commander again signaled to Azron, the cultist appeared again.

"There is no sign of struggle or anything here, but no survivors either..." The commander sounded both confused and worried, both of which Azron forced out of the man with his next words.

"No, I would expect not. Most likely they are all dead within the tomb." He said, pointing to the massive door of Quietus' tomb that still stood cracked open. "Send someone to investigate, but tell them to go no further than the door and report back."

The squadron commander nodded, and turned, picking his two closest men and sending them in that direction. "The rest of you, salvage what you can from the shuttle, check the computer logs, and we scrap this one too."

The rest of the group scrambled to purpose while Azron stood silently waiting. After a few minutes the two soldiers returned, telling the commander and Azron of the corpse of the cultist at the door, and of being able to see two more within the first hallway before it vanished into darkness. Azron nodded and turned to re-enter his ship.

"They are likewise lost then. Commander, finish this up," he said before disappearing into the ship. Five more minutes passed before the commander and his squadron were likewise aboard. They had found nothing else aboard the other ship, a fact that seemed to push Azron into contemplation, which quickly turned to him digging through logs of ship activities in the area. As they rose to exit the planet, Azron sent out a comm to those that he reported to.

"Masters... The teams on Korriban failed. It is likely that our existence is known, and our prime subject is in the wind, along with our other guest. There are reports of the Shadow's Shine arriving and then departing after our teams reported landing. Awaiting instructions..."

The message was sent shortly before the shuttle jumped into hyperspace to parts unknown.

1fE1uLv.png

((OOC: Sorry again for any delays...got a double cose of bugs this winter...but cinally a post just hope it's good enough lol ))

Karys listened, his mind a swirl of thoughts. For all his oddity, the massassi found the Hutt amusingly someone with whom he could truly learn. Whereas most Sith would berate or ignore him...this Hutt actually listened to his tale, posing several answers and questions that made sense.

It was true. Many of the descendants were inadequate however Karys did indeed hope he was the exception to the rule. He knew he was destined to greater things...that he was unlike others of his kind...he just needed to show it and prove his worth. As he listened to the tale of the kiffar, then did he perceive the caution the tale told and took heed...the Darkside was powerful yes but also corrupting by it's very nature. One had to be careful when using it as to not let it control them.

Become your own man.

Those words rung most in the ears of the massassi Karys most of all, as did the advice to use the ancient s as inspiration rather than a direct influence. It was true he had lived in the shadow of others for far to long and been influenced by the spirit's of his world for years...it was time he came into his own and find who he truly was, to make his own path. To be his own Sith in every sense of the word.

Today I change my fate.

It was on those words within his mind that Karys was told of his task even as the various barrels and ingredients were rolled out onto the desert sands. So it appeared his first trial was one designed to test his skills and required he mix and bake two dozen drop cookies despite the fact they were during a fading sandstorm...and the fact predators would soon appear looking for a easy meal with so much food about to entice their nostrils. It was clear the Sith Hutt was quite mad...but wise so far as Karys could make of him. A strange combination that seemed to work for this clearly powerful force-user.

It appeared he had been given free range as to the recipe so first he decided upon a old classic his mum used in her kitchen when he was young...long before his warrior training and he found the Sith Order. He often enoyed those moments sneaking into the kitchen and pinching a cookie.

The simple pleasures were sometimes the best. Focusing himself and centering his core in the Force, drawing from Pain Karys recited each line of the Sith Code in his head as he remembered it.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion. he recited as he commanded the Force to telekinetically select a large bowl and placed into it 1/4 flour, followed by 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda and 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Focusing the Force he set it to the task of whisking it all together as his hands made the movements. Like a elaborate display of music and he was the conductor. For some reason he found telekinetic based applications came rather easy to him as he wound the drop cookies..this he discovered.

To a seperate bowl he added 3/4 brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar...mixing until small crumbs formed...even as he recited the second line of the code in his mind.

Through passion I gain Strength.

Then he added 2 tablespoons of vanilla extract to 5 oz chocolate chips that he crushed with the Force into smaller chunks. Adding the first bowl to this second bowl Karys gradually beat the chocolate chops with the flour mixture. Thus he added this to a spoon once it was ready...and 'dropped' the doughfrom a spoon to a baking tray. He was sure the diameter was 3 inches across each way and wrapped in the flesh of the Gamorrean like some type of twisted chocolate cookie parcel.

Karys continued the process adding a additional ingredient with each line he recited.

In the end there stood a cookie with chocolate chips, peppar, chilli, pumpkin, brandy, whipped cream, peanut butter, cinnamon, lemon, banana, oatmeal, caramel and a final one of coconut. Each was imbued with the Darkside in some way and wound together with the Force through Pain. As each drop of different dough dropped from the spoon to the baking tray, Karys used the Force to keep them steady and land upon the grease paper in the 3 inch diameter specified.

Accuracy and precision was paramount afterall and of importance.

Finally with the Force, Karys commanded it to bake the cookies...just enough to make them soft and chewy. Afterall he knew chocolate tasted best like that. He just hoped the Hutt approved of his choices and technique. Once they two dozen were ready Karys took them before Sheog offering him to sample the delivhts when he was ready.

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

The Dark Lord of Madness watched the Massassi apprentice with rapt attention. There was nothing better for one consumed with gluttony then to see a meal prepared, even if it was by the unskilled hands of an apprentice. Sheog had made it a habit of hiring the upcoming stars in their culinary fields from each graduating class of DeepFry University. Most of the time, these so called, master chefs ended up skewered on their own kebabs, and drizzled with a sensuous muja wine sauce.

The Hutt glanced up at Hayley, who sat swaying to the latest electronic Bith beats from the Coreworlds that played through her cybot unit. She was always dancing to her own music. Her tousled mahogany braids fluttered like ribbons to the shake of her head in the gentle Korriban Wind. She was a handsome girl, athletically built, still bearing the scars from her mistreatment by Uriel Stonedog, but she had mentally recovered since that time of intense trauma. The Krath Master gripped the roughly forged Sith Steel of his staff, feeling the bite of the studded grip into his palm. He muttered softly to himself, a little bit of drool leaking from the corner of his maw, where a small grin had formed

<>

His curling smile disappeared as he looked closer at her, his demented mind forming comprehensive thought.

::I am fond of this creature… A pet? A Slave? No… A daughter?::

The Hutt placed a palm over his largest heart, breathing in a dusty sniffle of the arid Korriban air. His heart felt overlarge with either parental pride, or perhaps the later stages of heart disease.

:: Not a very Sith feeling… This isn’t evil… This is love not born of lust. This isn’t some voluptuous Ewok, or Bothan… Not some Twi'lek like that darling Lallu… What I wouldn’t give to use those Lekku as reigns..::

Sheog beckoned the girl from her perch on the Luxury Yacht’s external hatch, and she sprang into the sand beside him, kicking up a plume of the reddened dust about the two of them. She was diminutive beside his girth, but his size didn’t seem to intimidate her. Hayley raised a gloved hand in a mock salute, and breathed out a snicker as the overlarge Hutt clumsily returned it. Her voice was soft, almost lost in the wind, the sounds of meal preparation, and a loud squealing from the dying porcine.

“Aye Captain! Shall I run up the colours and inform the crew you wish for another pirate/furry cosplay party?”

The Hutt laughed, being careful to aim his spittle-spray away from the girl’s smiling and freckled face The Hutt motioned with his hands as if he were whipping a lasso, almost dropping his staff in the process

<>

The girl cocked her head in a quizzical expression

“What?”

The Hutt squinted at her

<

Hayley breathed out a small sigh

“Didja have a conversation in your head? Or are you snorting a mountain of spice behind my back like some Princess Leia wannabe?”

The Hutt considered it for a moment, tapping his staff into the dust absentmindedly. The tapping summoned one of his aids, to whom Hayley leveled her DL-44 and the Mon Calimari made a hasty retreat. Their confused conversation was interrupted by the appearance of Karys with a plate of very well presented cookies. With a large hand, the Dark Lord of the Krath delicately picked up one of the cookies and tossed it into his maw

<

The Hutt smacked his lips loudly, scraping the crumbs from his oily lips with a reaching twirl of his blubbery tongue. He reached strenuously with his tongue for a crumb of the well baked Gamorrean rind that had latched itself onto the sixth of his cascade of pudgy chins. He reached for another, to which he gave to Hayley with a large smile.

The girl bowed to the Hutt and to Karys, before taking a bite from the bacon-wrapped delight. Her hazelnut eyes widened with delight, and she finished the cookie with the next bite. With gusto she bowed once more to Karys and spoke

Very delicious apprentice Karys. You have my stamp of approval.

She extended a gloved hand to the Massassi, through which he would feel the electronic buzz of a prosthetic hand

“Hayey Grace Fieldgrey, faithful comrade to Sheog, who is the mighty and glorious kingslayer of the people of Mechis, Leader of the Desilijic Cartel, Ever-Victorious, Iron-Willed Commander of the Krath, Massacerererer of Corellia, Highest Incarnation of the Revolutionary Comradeship, etc, et al, whatever the Kriff else.”

The Hutt chuckled and gestured out to the great dunes of Korriban

<<You say your people are here… Bring to me the Sarashashi, Hekk, Narat, Adas, Graush, Sadow, Ragnos, and Kreshh. It is time to face your past. To become your own Sith, apart from the weakness of your tribes… You have shown your love of the Code of the Sith, but it’s oh… So much more then a mantra to chant… It is a life to live!>>

OvQX5BE.png

Karys approached with caution and was relieved when the mad Hutt and the young twi'lek beside him approved of his choice of ingredients for the two dozen cookies. And was equally relieved that the Force granted his cookies bake under the hot Korriban sun despite the now abating sandstorm. He took pride in the fact they both approved.

And yet the massassi was also caught off-guard and was surprised at the fact his ability to command the Force came so easily. It appeared for now at least the Darkside favored him even despite his mistakes not so long ago, and yet...he was starting to think he was not the same man that had stood then. Much had changed since his return to Korriban...he had changed. A short time for such change but such was the effect of the Force and of such a mentor as the one who now taught Karys. He was one whom he truly respected...afterall he had given him life again. A debt was owed, one he would not be likely able to repay.

Where once I was weak, I shall remold myself and be made strong. he thought.

As he took the young girl hand and shook the prosthetic she held as replacement for her 'original' hand, feeling the buzz of the electronics...Karys noted she had scars, similar to his own in a way. Marks of life, of survival, a story told upon the skin. That she had survived and bore the marks meant she had a hidden strength and this earnt the massassi's respect, respect not easily won.

He was amused at her cavalier attitude as well as she continued to mark off Sheog's various titles, most of those whom he spent time about were so dull or serious, this was a welcome change. He also admired her loyalty to the Sith Order through the Hutt, he knew it was a demanding life not easy to live through and the whims of the Sith were demanding...too much for some.

Only the strong survived their demands and few were worthy enough to survive even being in their presence. That she had and still did was something to take note of.

Listening he liked the name, Hayley and Sheog...so that was his masters name. He had wondered...he would remember both. It was then the Hutt spoke catching Karys undivided attention...his expression becoming one of a serious nature. A new task lay before him, to gather the clan lords...a task in itself given some disapproved of his methods.

As Sheog went on to remark about the true nature of the Sith Code, the massassi eagerly listened. With each time the Hutt spoke it seemed he learnt ever more.

So the Code is more than I thought. Was I such a fool as to miss it? Another mistake soon to be rectified, today I become what I was born to be and cut my inadequacies from this body. Today I begin the first steps to breaking my chains. he considered this as he began.

Without another word Karys began the long journey that would take him to the oldest city on the planet. The City Of Ur. A location recently rebuilt to former greatness following the planets rebirth and the return of the sith species along with it...Karys surmised at this time of day the clan lords would be in session, discussing the days events and items of government...rivals all vying for power and playing political games for the chance to rule the small Empire that the sith species commanded. The ambitious seeking to run rampant and stake a claim to it all and attempt to steal his position from him.

Pathetic really if one were to think about it. Small minds who never saw the greater picture at work, some would likely think Karys was dead by now or missing if not...which worked to his advantage, the lords would not expect his presence so he would catch them by surprise.

After cleaning up his mess, he was taught good hygiene and manners afterall...Karys began his run. Although he neglected to notice the banana peel left a short distance ahead. That would soon come to bite him in a manner reminiscent of many comedic shows in a form of slapstick.

Focusing the Force, Karys centred it upon his legs. Forming a picture in his minds eye of moving beyond normal limitations...he found that doing this allowed the picture to become reality as when he began to run...his legs were bolstered, augmented by the Force to grant a unnatural grace and momentum that propelled him forwards, little did he notice the banana peel until it was too late...he was sent spiraling into the sand uttering one or two curses as he fell in his ancient tongue. Annoyed at his own stupidity for leaving the skin there he picked it up and flung it far into the desert. Only then did the massassi begin again...focusing the Force in his legs as before, using the same methodical approach. This time he avoided the banana peel as he disappeared in a cloud of red sand. The massassi was soon gone from Sheog and Hayley's sight and soon at the city gates to face and take the four armor clad massassi guard's at the front of them and the many more above the wall with heavy blasters by surprise.

The captain soon spoke, issuing the order to lower their arms when he noted who it was that approached.

"Sire, we had not expected your company back so soon."

Karys was almost amused by the statement "Rumors of my departure are sadly by some exaggerated. Are the clan lords in session? I have a message from the Order for them, and they as you know the law. They must oblige me and listen to what I have to say."

The captain nodded motioning the gate to be opened. With that the mighty city gates did indeed creak open, the heavy metal scrapping the rock and sand of the ground, allowing Karys entry.

Making for the Palace with a two man escort, the captain insisted and Karys was obliging...the massassi was soon at the doors to the meeting hall where he heard several familiar voices inside. His rival rose above the rest and appeared to be trying to garner more favor for his schemes...schemes his father had previously put into play.

The son was just as ambitious and power hungry as his father it seemed. A pity.

Soon enough the doors swung open as Karys introduced his presence to the clan lords, and much to many of their surprised faces...as anticipated his presence was unexpected and unwelcome to his rival.

Karys spoke, calm and methodical.

"I see my presence is not welcome here by some of you. I guess some forgot or choose to neglect that I still live. Your Regent still lives and he has a message from this worlds true masters. The Sith Order demands your presence..all of you and you as I well know are obliged to answer the call, such is our law. The great and all knowing Sheog, Krath Master and my mentor wishes to meet with you all and discuss some matters of import.

For those of you who doubt my words, it would be wise that you would be agreeable...those in the Order are not known to be forgiving of those who ignore them or choose to neglect their presence. And for those who would attempt anything else...I would not recommend doing anything rash...a degree of humility and subtly would be wise in Sheog's sight, he would not be as forgiving for any transgressions as I might. Death is nothing to what he might do to you should you meddle in his affairs. That said I will allow an hour for you all to prepare for the journey and await you outside the city gate." Karys said giving the clan lords not much room to answer back or question, he had little time for such banter and doubted Sheog had the patience to wait.

When he left the room murmurs filled the hall, Karai his rival was most perturbed by this chain of events and angry at the sudden arrival of Karys and his subsequent departure thereafter...however he like the others were bound by law to obey and thus he followed like the others. He was curious as to what it was all about just like the others.

A hour later and several land-speeders stood ready in a convoy outside the city gates. Each bore the respective symbols of their clans as the lord in question entered the vehicle. Karys stood into the speeder with his father of the Narat clan, despite the fact he himself was clan lord of the Adas...named so after his mother's death as the heir to the position as well as Regent Of Korriban.

Soon they were all at the luxury yacht belonging to Sheog. Karys was the first to step out, followed by his father and then the others he had brought. All bowed in respect as expected of them. Karys arose shortly after and introduced them.

"My master, I bring before you all eight clan lords as instructed. Those who lead the great clans that remain and advise me in matters of state. I give to you Uryu Kallig iv-Narat, my father of the Narat beside me. Of the Adas I am clan lord...named so after my mothers death, Karai Sadow iv-Graush,...my..rival of the Graush clan is next to my left, Makaadi Fost iv-Sadow of the Sadow clan thereafter, Vanduo Seake iv-Ragnos of the Ragnos, Plejada Alkis iv-Kressh of the Kreshh clan, Vandinti Gant iv-Sarashashi of the Sarashashi clan and finally last but not least Zibeti Phol iv-Hekk of the Hekk clan."

Karys father was quick to appease the mad Hutt. As Karys finished he rose his head and spoke "It is a pleasure to finally meet one of the Order in person. Welcome to Korriban, my lord" Uryu stated in a aristocratic, deep tone. Karys waited as each placated themselves and gave gifts. Artifacts and relics they thought would be of interest. Karys himself meanwhile hoped his master approved of the fact he had conducted the task as expected and managed to get the clan lords to him with as little trouble as he did.

And yet one question remained.

I wonder why he wanted the clan lords. was the current thought that filled his mind, however he quickly discarded that thought and focused on Sheog and what be had to say next...he respected this ones words. So far he had been given few reasons to doubt so he listened, he hoped the clan lords were wise to listen too or things could get messy.

Akheron.jpg

As his apprentice left to follow his orders, The Mad Hutt motioned for Hayley to join him at his working table, a mahogany structure of twisting roots upon which were scattered various papers, blueprints and spreadsheets. The Sith Master’s various guards had dragged the table from the cargo hold of the Luxury Yacht, with much straining, but with surprisingly few scuffs. He motioned to a large pyrimidal structure on the blueprints, fifty stories tall, with a giant underground superstructure.

<<What you see before you is the plans for Korriban’s newest monolithic temple. From its halls and dungeons will the next generation of the Sith prepare for an incursion on the galaxy…>>

Picking up a holopad, the massive Hutt began to calculate the cost of the giant structure

<<Quietus offered funds, as did the Vigo-Clone Delta. Most of my own wealth I’ll happily pawn off to build this future… Of course I’m sure it’ll die in some stupid battle three months from now, but kriff it’ll do for now!>>

Sheog sent out an expedition team from his personal cadre, assembling the motley crew to stake out land and survey the local population

<<Go to the Valley of the Dark Lords, from its ancient power we will draw strength to build our Academy!>>

As the team filed off the landing pad, the roaring arrival of landspeeders hailed the return of Karys and his people. The Sith Master watched each of the leaders, analyzing their movements, their mannerisms. Their desire to please and ingratiate themselves to him was offputting.

<<Mhmm… These you decry as your people, young Karys? What do you know of them? Far too often do I see Sith Lords enslave the populace and bind them to their will as nothing more than pawns in their grand Dejarik game.>>

The Massive Hutt drew the Force about him, and a creeping hunger drove its way into the heart of all present.

<<These people are your power, as well as the chains that bind you...>>

An image of a Sith Lord appeared in the veil of the Force about them, a young blonde human with chimeric eyes.

<<The failed lord Daiman treated his people as nothing more than a mindless power-base from which he destroyed in his various wars against his Sith brethren. He used them up like a tube of Madarian Jelly, spread them so thin they died out, doing nothing more then trying to please their master.>>

The image twisted, showing a group of humans stabbing the Sith with vibroblades, each shove of a blade drawing a scream through the Force, as the once great lord’s life was extinguished

<<Like him, Karys, a choice is before you. Purge your past or embrace it. You must either kill your species, or become their true leader. To let them live in eternal servitude is an incredible danger… How many leaders throughout the galactic history have died to the blades of their servants?>>

The insane Hutt laughed, a low and evil sound that invaded the mind with a taste of insanity.

<<Poor Thrawn… Poor Adeljoy… Poor Odin… Poor Daiman… Poor Kyakatyo Ryo... Will the next be poor Karys, perishing to a knife in the dark?>>

The Hutt’s massive eyes stared into Karys, driving a chill to his spine

<<If you choose the latter, adopt a child from each clan, and teach them as I teach you. These people must be ruled with a silver hand, strong.. Yet kind. Become the leader they need, not the one they desire. Their lust for a leader that will break them and lead them to destruction is their weakness and will be yours. Too long they have idolized the weakness of the Sith. Change them or kill them. This is the fork in your path. Will you eat with that fork, or kill with it?>>

OvQX5BE.png

• 2 weeks later...

While indeed some of the leaders were ingratiating themselves, some of the other clan leaders were far more subtle and nuanced in their mannerisms...standing and observing rather than aiming to please. Just as Sheog was observing them, Sarashashi at the least appeared curious of the Hutt before him and more accepting of outsiders.

Clearly they had experienced some sith before and learnt from the occasions or at the very least heeded Karys earlier advise.While the clan lords contended themselves, or some of them with trying to appease the mad hutt...Karys considered Sheog's words and noted his disapproval of them trying to ingratiate themselves.

To be honest he couldn't blame him for not liking it. It was rather off putting.

Then the words the hutt said echoed in his mind, like a calm before a storm. At last he understood...at last he knew what he had to do. Another revelation.

These people are your power, as well as the chains that bind you...

As the image of the fallen lord Daiman appeared and was cut down, while Sheog explained his weakness...his critical flaw and divulged a lesson of the price of seeing his people as nothing but pawns in a great game, Karys listened and observed the scene playing before him carefully...even as the clan lords observed themselves in both wonder and surprise. Yet deep inside all felt the hunger, Karys himself felt a sudden need for cupcakes while it appeared the clan lords all seemed to have an urge to eat some other various items of food.

Hmm curious... thought the massassi as he continued to listen to the lesson being imparted.

And then he received the biggest blow he had ever likely taken. A choice not taken lightly...the clan lords looked on some in abject horror at what the hutt suggested, others with amusement or no fear...awaiting whatever choice Karys made. Sarashashi was most amused at the prospect of Karys attempting to teach eight young kids the ways of the sith.

Like him, Karys, a choice is before you. Purge your past or embrace it. You must either kill your species, or become their true leader. To let them live in eternal servitude is an incredible danger… How many leaders throughout the galactic history have died to the blades of their servants?

As Sheog spoke the words, Karys considered what it would mean if he chose to kill them all. He would be the last of his kind...something he didn't particularly relish. Besides he saw their potential even if they did not yet realise it, the species were all naturally attuned strongly to the Force, the Darkside in particular. And most were capable warriors even without using the Force, obedient, fearless and loyal. Well most anyways.

It was that which granted them their potency and longevity. And gave them a willpower and strength to survive incredible odds. They were strong, capable warriors yes...but they simply lacked a real leader to show them their potential, not as pawns but true soldiers of the Darkside, future generations of sith with whom to ally and take back the galaxy...just as Sheog was beginning to show Karys his own potential and strength.

He realised then his mistake Was I so blind? he thought. As he considered it, the realization hit. Given the option, his choice was clear. More than day on a dark planet.

Purge your past or embrace it. Kill your species, or become their true leader. this was the thought running through his head currently...even as a hint of insanity crept at the edges of his psyche for some reason. And what followed was a cold shiver, like cold water running down his spine for some innate reason, he couldn't quite gather why but put it down to the Darkside somehow.

Karys considered again when the mad hutt offered more advise and a solution if he chose the latter option. If he chose to spare his kind.

At last I understand where I went wrong. Today I remedy all and the lords will bare witness to the change. Today I usher in a new era for us...and for me. No longer are the others of my race but pawns...they are so much more. They are my my powr as he said, kindness will be rewarded with loyalty. And I shall know a strength I have never known...we all shall. I will be blind no more.

As Sheog finished, and waited for his answer...Karys considered the risk involved if he did decide to spare his race. He decided the risk was worth it and replied in kind, yet one more task would remain...he would need to convince the clan lords to part with the children willingly, if he was to secure the future, his own and others.

And make the clans strong again. But he didn't see them disagreeing...given the alternative.

I shall eat with the fork. But just enough to live..greed has been the downfall of many...eat too much and one get's fat.

"I choose to embrace my past. My people are much, arrogant, headstrong...foolhardy maybe...but they do not deserve death. They like I possess a strength in the Force and as a people that need not be wasted. I shall take these children and do as asked of me. My people will Change, of that I have no doubt as soon as they see the benefits to be reaped as I have thus far.

We shall idolize the weaknesses of the Sith no more, instead we shall aspire to their strengths. And seek to mirror these strengths while not forgetting the lessons imparted of the past. You have already shown me much, now I shall show my people and impart those lessons, if they are agreeable."

Looking to the clan lords, some were shocked by the change displayed. Was this really the same Karys they had known? This Karys seemed stronger...more controlled and restrained, more wise. Unpredictable even, it was perhaps in a way a good sign.

As such they accepted, pinning the future on a hope he did them proud...the prospect of future generations being greater than the last was as equally enthralling to them...his father especially...and in a way they also agreed as a way of gratitude since he had chosen instead to spare the species when he had been given the option to kill them. Even Graush...his rival agreed albeit begrudgingly as a way of his own thanks for sparing him.

Now he would watch and wait to see if any fruit came of this. For now Karys had earnt a degree of respect and loyalty, he would not waste it this final chance he had been given. The chains would soon be broken....or so he hoped.

Akheron.jpg

The overlarge Sith Hutt rolled himself back and forth, enjoying the puddle of slime that was forming beneath his greasy wormlike form. He enjoyed himself a wallow every once and a while, and had it not been for the accompaniment of the Massassi Household Patriarchs, he would have spread the slime from the tip of his fake toupee, across his stubbly neckbeard, and between the folds of at least his four of his fourty-seven chubby belly-rolls and love-handles.

The Lord of Madness stared around at all the patriarchs, slightly disappointed at the lack of Massassi women present. Sheog always found matriarchs much more conciliatory than the competitive male households. Such societies, led by controlling males with oppressive religious beliefs, were relegated to uncivilized backwaters like the world they now stood, or rather rested, upon. The Sith Master took a moment to reflect on the Sith as they were

<<The Sith have long been seen as craven beasts from the underworld… Content in the slaughter of themselves and their followers in a hedonistic reign of blood, taking only momentary pause to turn their power upon the galaxy... We have far greater power then many believe....>>

Stringing the Force about him, he wove it into a net, each strand of dark energy pulled from the essence of gluttony that inhabited him. Into the braids of energy, he slipped in a cable of Avarice, to make it stronger. Into the lariat, the Sith Master stitched the static energy that clung to the silicate-based dust that made up the sandstorms that were ever-present on Korriban. The electric field grew as the dust began to rise about the clans, and lightning began to conduct its way about the assembled group in a sphere of undulating electricity. As each particle of silicate whipped about, their collisions created greater and greater electric charge.

The massive Hutt was putting on a beautiful show, the whipping clouds of red sand illuminated by crackling lightning. With a rise of his oily palm, the swelling cloud of visceral Force energy discharged into a skyrocketing blast of flame. In the backlit shadows the clear forms of Ancient Sith Warriors, skeletal and shambling broke from the surface of the compacted sand about them. The Hutt spoke as ancient battle-cries, and screaming lamentations filled the valley about them

<<Behold the power of the Dark Side… You think power is only in the form of your strength... Your… Lightsaber>>

The Hutt produced the Massassi’s lightsaber from the pouch at his side. The Bane’s Heart screamed from within it, a beacon of power within the Force, forged within a volcano for eons untold. With his other hand, the Hutt called the powers he had gathered about him, shattering the lightsaber and its crystal into a billion molten fragments. The shriek of pain from the dying crystal was echoed throughout the valley with the mongrel howls Tuk’ata packs approached en masse. The Lord of Gluttony’s Eyes shimmered with insanity, fueled by the coming chaos

<<Show me now… Karys… That there is more to you then a poorly fashioned blade, so… full of shatterpoints. You have been so concerned with your tools, you have neglected from where a True Sith draws his power. Are you Sith? Or are you nothing more then a collection of poorly thought out tools…?>>

OvQX5BE.png

• 3 weeks later...

Karys Narat iv-Adas listened as the sight before him came about, as life returned in multitude to the dead buried beneath the sands of Korriban and his saber was cracked into nothing as only dust remained of what was once a intricate piece of art, designed to kill as well as exemplify the characteristics of it's owner. As much as he was saddened by the loss and a tinge of anger seethed below the surface theeatening to erupt from the belly of the beast...Karys restrained himself. Disclipline took the place of anger. Afterall a saber was but a tool, a extension of all that he was and not the true weapon he wielded. That weapon could never be taken away at least not permanently.

The Force was his ever his ally and as such he did not flinch at the sight of it's destruction at the hands of his new master even if there were anger at the fact. At the hands of Sheog. He recalled how he had gone through alot to acquire the crystal and to construct that saber... he had formed a bit of attachment too it as he did all his weapons. Even naming it...but there was little he could do about it now, what was done was done. The moment of regret and anger at the loss quickly subsided. The monster was chained. Moments later and the sand Sheog collected collided in the air in a display even the ancients would be envious of...a display that was creating static and of which the resultant electrical discharge was used to raise the dead from their slumber.

As it occured he thought...

He didn't...he did. Chaos damn him and the gods curse for what he did, such a waste. And yet why did he do it? What point is he trying to make? Curious. he didn't have to wait long to find out.

Karys noted that the death of his saber and the crystal therein had garnered the attention of three packs of tu'kata hounds, wild and untamed beasts that haunted the nearby landscape, he noted how each pack contained eight tu'kata. Each as deadly as the other with their exceptional speed, sharp horns, long claws, a poisonous stinger for a tail and savage teeth...yet that was not all to them.

The hounds also possessed a certain level of intelligence about them and were to a degree force sensitive. Able to speak the sith language and understand those who spoke it to a extent. If that was not enough to put fear in most living beings the glowing red eyes, dark skin and aggressive nature of them would.

The clan lords were awestruck by the sight and all that had transpired...at least before the tu'kata and undead advanced upon them, then their look of surprise turned to horror. Some of them at least, others stood fearless like the hounds advancing at them and Karys himself. He had faced far worse terrors when he had been among the dead trapped in the hell pits of chaos itself.

How fascinating... he thought at the sight that befell him. He did not have long to consider much else as Sheog spoke out and informed him of his next trial, it appeared he was to attempt to destroy all those before him...both the undead and the hounds advancing at him and the lords. And with nothing more than his own hands, feet and the Force no less. To prove he truly was a Sith.

So that was his point. A interesting challenge...at last a chance to prove I am more than a waste. To prove I am strong and not as weak as some feel. Soon all will know. he thought and surmised as he attempted to devise a plan of attack. Yet within other feelings bubbled, chief of which was a slight thrill of excitement as the beast within desired to be released. Like a caged animal, locked behind the glass at a zoo wishing to be free to hunt and kill those who watched and took photo's. So did his beast wish the glass would shatter and release him. This was what he lived for, the chaos of battle enthralled him like no other drug known to man or woman...and Force only seemed to further amplify the feeling. On the battlefield he felt truly free and was elated at the fact of such a challenge worthy enough to test his mettle. A challenge that would prove he was more than a ordinary man. That he truly was Sith and not some cast off or relic of the past.

Sensing those about him, the packs of tu'kata and noting with his natural sight the undead skeleton horde of 50 each armed with a wide variety of weaponry, Karys counted the numbers he was to face and his mind set in motion a plan. Years of combat experience came forward as he formulated a way to counter the odds stacked against him. Tingling sensations of excitement and hidden rage accompanied his actions, dancing up his spine like a cold finger that had just been dipped in ice. The fire inside wished a audience, the monster longing for release.

A difficult challenge but not impossible. Numbers are against us, but the Force is my ally...just as it is that of the lords albeit to a much lesser degree. Like someone once told me and countless others...a wolf trapped in a corner is far deadlier than one in the open. We have a chance, but only if they will but listen and follow my lead. He recalled what Sheog had said earlier Become the leader then need not the one they desire. and this gave him some inspiration.

As soon as Sheog finished speaking, Karys set his plan in motion, the soldier and the warrior in him coming to the fore, he didn't beat around the bush or mince words.

"Alright, if you desire to live another day I suggest you listen and make a move....regardless of personal feelings or grudges. You as I know your best chance of survival lies in me, for I am the strongest in the Force among us...aside my master of course and he won't help us in this challenge. This is your test as much as it is mine. As such place your trust in me and I assure you some of you will make it out of this, though I cannot guarantee all will do so. Their numbers are many and the Darkside demands a price. It desires to be shown who among you are worthy of investment....of attention. It is unforgiving but gives much back in return.

Let us prove are wolves and not sheep! That we are worthy of our granted gifts!"

He hoped he had inspired at least some of them.

As the clan lords listened some drew a weapon of some sort, even if it was just staff they carried to assist with walking. Right now the staff's had another purpose, defense and offense. Karys father opted for the large staff he usually used to aid walking, Karys was amused somewhat by the gathering....this was perhaps the first time they had fought together like this. He wondered who would fall and who would not, who would run and who would stand and fight.

Questions soon to be answered.

The massassi decided to buy them some time, advancing upon the approaching horde, he probed for weaknesses he could exploit via the Force. Drawing on Pain, as he had done before and then delving deep into himself, using the rage he felt at failure...his own failures to fuel whatever may come he acted.

In fact he felt bellicose about it...so much so that his rage took physical form. He was determined now more than ever to prove he was more than just a collection of tools and more than the sum of his parts.

Karys unleashed a powerful albeit raw Force enhanced Push, sending 4 tu'kata and another seven undead sprawling across the desert sand in a fearsome display that threatened to take half the desert with it. The closest three tu'kata were unceremoniously flung into the air, ribs caved inwards impaling their innards and five undead were crushed by the sheer power almost immediately as bones broke, armour buckled, and shields bent like a card when they met the invisible wall, their bodies serving to either trip up those behind them or act as obstacles to obtaining their meal when sand and bone met the air blinding or striking them. The remaining undead did not complain when the carcasses crashed to the ground beneath them and some began to eat the fresh meat. A momentary distraction.

The undead were not fussy when it came to a meal.

The other tu'kata soon became extra wary of Karys and hesitated before choosing to continue the advance from another direction only to loseanother four to the vicious elbows and force enhancex blows of the massassi...his martial skill aiding his plight. Even as the undead continued undisturbed by the shrapnel hitting them and simply groaned the sounds that seemed almost like death approached, which was ironically not far from the truth. Karys was somewhat surprised by the sheer variety of species half rotting that were making their way towards him and his men, some missing an arm, others a leg and others....in far worse states of decomposition.

Yet he had faced the dead before, they were apart of everyday life on Korriban. Tu'kata likewise were a natural occurrence but never had either been seen in such numbers before, it brought a state of surprise on the clan lords who were not prepared for the sight of so many in one place. Makaadi Fost iv-Sadow ran in a cowardly display, proving he was weak. And as if to make a point the remaining undead and tu'kata overwhelmed him and made a meal of the clan lord. Karys soon however caught back to the others and awoke them from their respite. He noted the fallen lord and heard of his cowardice.

And so the weak reveal themselves. he thought.

Surprise and disgust was replaced by determination as each fought and ran for their life, two tu'kata were fast enough to intercept the group however Plejada Alkis iv-Kressh soon disposed of them cleaving them in two with his sword. Using the terrain, and the advantage of knowing the lay of the land Karys gave further instructions.

Well at least we have the home field advantage he thought before realising that the tu'kata also had that same advantage and so he spoke out knowing what to do without hesitation.

"We stand no chance out here in the open...not with this many and so few of us, even with the Force it's a challenge. Our best bet is to head to the closest valley, the natural crevices and steep cliffs of the valley's should provide a perfect bottleneck and force the horde to go in smaller numbers...numbers we can handle. But first we need to thin the herd a bit. Hold and wait for my signal, on my sign attack the right and left flank simultaneously, make them cluster and bunch together. I'll cut down the middle but whatever you do keep an eye on the tu'kata and out of reach of those teeth and tail, they are our greatest threat at the moment. So we'll take them out first. Understood? Now get to it before we join the dead in unrest."

Each nodded, including much to Karys surprise even his rival...Karai Sadow iv-Graush followed instruction if only to ensure his own survival as they ran for the closest possible valley, trying to lure the undead towards a environment of their choosing. The massassi Karys focused the Force again, using his Hatred of being considered weak by the other Sith of the Order, thought of nothing but incompetent.

Today he would prove he had been misjudged...underestimated. Wrongly accused.

No I am not a failure, I an not incompetent....I an not weak. And I will prove it.

He allowed the Darkside to gather like a storm inside his soul. He releaxed the monster from it's chain, fueling it with the fire of Hate. Letting the Dark take hold and embracing it he let lose one hand to Grip the head of a nearby undead and attempted to Crush it's fragile skull. Yet as he did this a tu'kata approached his other side and so he lifted another hand to smash the two together in a mangled mess as his emotions gave him a strength he had not known before in the form of a potent telekinetic display, another three quickly followed.

And yet the horde continued, growing ever closer. Several more undead died along the way as elbows, knee's, legs and force enhanced fists crashed into skulls and spine alike, leaving multiple bodies in their wake. But something just didn't feel right. The Force warned him...like a feeling. Something was off. A disturbance.

He knew before long another casaulty was due...the Darkside demanded a price, there was always a price. Yet little did he know the true cost until it was too late, running to the meeting point he heard a scream...he suddenly felt a great pain inside of him, like a part of him had been ripped out. Like someone removed his heart.

Something had clearly happened but to who. And as he closed he knew the answer as much as he tried to deny it. As much as he hated to admit, he loved his father. Only now was that realised.

Such agony! Such Pain...but what could do this? I wonder...no not him. Not now. I'm coming father!

Approaching the now remaining seven clan lords, Karys looked about as a zombie was felled by Zibeti Phol iv-Hekk of the Hekk clan who tried to keep another six at bay only for Sarashashi to intercept them and take down another five his prowess in combat shining through. Helping to fend them off, Karys empowered his arms and legs with the Force to grant him more strength to his blows as he used Massassi-Raka, the traditional martial arts of his people to kick and punch another six undead in the cranium and spine and another ripping the hearts from another five tu'kata, sending them truly to their deaths.

As he looked he knew now what he had felt. This. His father had been killed, mauled by a tu'kata by the looks of it. It explained the pain he felt and the deep feeling of emptiness, of sorrow. It also explained the deep feeling of loss and pain. The hunger for vengeance. And of Rage. All of which he had felt before but never so intense save once. The monster awoke with a thirst he had not felt before this moment.

No doubt Sheog felt it in the Force. Like a great dark cloud had gathered around Karys and coated him in a large overcast shadow.

For a few moments he was silent and then deep inside he felt a ravenous hunger, a beast awoken. Or so it felt like. For a few moments everything was a blur, as time stood still, as more undead fell and at least another three tu'kata, as the group made it to the valley they were forced to leave the Narat's body behind. As it registered, Karys finally understood why he felt such pain. He only once before been bothered by someone’s death more than expected, but this was different. This was the man who had practically raided the massassi. As such he felt it like no other pain he could describe. He had always assumed his father would always be part of the landscape, always there in the background as Karys himself ascended.

Like a old lighthouse you could pass by for years until the night it suddenly went dark, Karys felt as if he had one less landmark to navigate by—he was still able to gain his bearings yes....but he felt more adrift now because of his loss at least for a brief few moments. It was a dead reckoning. And he did not expect it.

The loss of his father caused his emotions to be divided, all he could do was divert the rage he felt at his loss to killing those responsible, and as such his rage and hate grew....restrained for the sake of those around him for the moment but ready to be redirected at his beastly foes. He gritted his teeth and spoke remembering...this was all a test...a trial. His. Loss was to be expected, as a Sith one could have no weakness and no real attachment. Death was apart of life ad to be expected. As such he hid his rage behind the voice, a cold voice.

Vengeance would be his in due time. Restraining himself, Karys gave the order.

"He shall be remembered, let us continue. Remember the plan." Despite his loss, Karys found his emotions....negative emotions gave him strength in the Force. A strength he had not known before this moment, even when using the Force. He thought on it, realising now his mistake.

This was what Sheog had meant. He needed to master his emotions, and draw om them for strength, as much as a saber. Even those of loss. If he did and focused it then he would unlock unimaginable power or so he came to realise. As such he waited, allowing his prey to approach with a look of bloodlust. All of them.

The tu'kata with caution and the undead with but one thought. For the taste of flesh.

Not mine, or the lords...no-one else dies but you today. Karys motioned in his mind as he gave the signal, letting the clan lords know it was time to commence the potentially risky plan. Yet it was better than the open, at least here they could make some kind of stand. From a military standpoint he thought it made sense.

The valley provided obstacles and crevices to use against the undead and remaining tu'kata. Although that was not to say some might work a way around it but those he would deal with when the time came. As several of the remaining, living lords attacked the left flank, three flanked right however another ran to be swiftly cut down by a waiting undead. The price of cowardice Karys guessed, of displaying such weakness. Some never learnt he fathomed, did they not learn from the death of Sadow? The Darkside did not favor those without the strength to carry through what they set out to start. It accepted no prisoners, no compromise.

In return it offered much however.

Punching, kicking and elbowing his way...Karys soon made it through the mass of rotting flesh and gnashing teeth. By the end only three of the original eight clan lord remained but it was to be expected. Karys made one final charge at the remaing ten undead.

Unleashing all his negative emotions up to that point, he did not hold back.

All the Hate, Anger, Pain, Loss, Suffering and Fear. All of it. Was let loose as the beast inside, the monster came out to play. To seek new victims for the slaughter, allowing Karys to revel in the chaos of destruction that followed. To revel in the mist of war that he so enjoyed.

He swore he heard the Darkside whispering in his ear, promises of power. But there was a cost.

Let there be no compromise, no mercy. For the Darkside accepts none, take everything from them.

It was on that moment Karys stepped beyond the clan lords. Out to the open to face the dead and remaining three tu'kata. THe tu'kata he attacked first, gripping one like a vice and crushing it's body before sending the corpse smashing into the second hound like a cannonball.

The third was smart enough to jump around them before charging forwards only to be met by a waiting knee that collided with it's face. As Karys pummeled, the remaining clan lords assisted via stabbing and bashing the beast overwhelming it with numbers. Now came the final challenge.

The ten undead, who by this time had advanced to within twenty meters of the group. Karys was quick to act. Focusing again his Rage and Pain from the loss of his father, the massassi enhanced his fists and body with the Force even as fatigue threatened to set in.

Focusing the Darkside, he telekinetically gripped two more undead smashing their skulls against the side if the valley before 'pushing' another three into the other wall as the clan lords stabbed, impaled and blugeoned the dead near them in the cranium resulting in another two death's.

Now only five remained.

Picking a target, Karys focused his Suffering, drawing on it's power to fuel the beast inside. The monster.

The power unleashed in a devastating impact as flesh a bone met a kinetic wave of energy. Two death's resulted when they were unceremoniously flung back into a large rock, a rock which Karys was quick to utilize....throwing it at the three undead zombies however it only managed to hit one splattering it's friends in guts and removing an arm from one of them that had previously held a shield.

The clan lords advanced upon the remaining undead to the left, while Karys took the right. His emotions divided somewhere between rage and restraint. He was learning now to control the rage...the fire within. Shape it and use it when he wanted not as a matter of reflex as had mostly been his previous use.

Focusing the emotions of Hate and Rage, Karys focused and the Darkside beckoned.

The response was the skeletal warrior's skull imploded on itself. The bone fragments crushed inwards as the rest of the head followed, a violent true death was the result. The other undead faired no better when the three clan lords hacked and slashed it to bits, careful to avoid being bitten.

And then he saw him.

Karys looked behind and saw the sight of his father, in undead form. This brought on a mixture of emotion...but he knew what had to be done. Approaching he used the Force and crushed his head too, doing what needed to be done...with no remorse or pity.

Looking before him, exhausted and sweating, Karys noted the masse of dead around them.

The clan lords were almost overexcited, esstatic even for surviving the ordeal. Karys however was strangely silent and distant. He had much to think about, least of which included the loss of his father and what to tell his young half brother who would likely take the place of the fallen Narat lord. Although he doubted he would say much....he was far younger than Karys. Barely in his teens, a perfect candidate for the adoption Sheog spoke of.

Making they're way back the group made for Sheog tired and almost drained. The exertions having taken their toll. Karys lead the three, his eyes still a deep black resonating the darkside echoed by his aura.

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Lord of Madness watched his apprentice approach, the Massassi’s broad shoulders rippling with a mix of emotions. Through the Force, The Insane Hutt could see the whispering tendrils of Wrath’s crimson flames escaping from the young Sith like Ranats from a floundering vessel. The Hutt smiled to see the Massassi finally unlock a portion of his potential. It had been quite a sight to watch Karys rally his men to fight the undead about them, to become a whirlwind of destruction like the ancient Marauders before the fall of their ancient Forerunners. With marked pride for his apprentice in his voice, the Sith Master spoke,

<>

The Sith Hutt paused, leaning on his staff. Hayley broke in, the young girl’s armored form appearing from behind the looming Hutt

Nice job Karys. I’m sorry about your father, but together you and Sheog will honour his memory. Some chains are best to remember, as they are what forge us into what we are.

The Hutt nodded solemnly, motioning across the battlefield with his grubby fingers tightening on the staff

<>

Hayley hit a large gong with a look of slight disgust. Above the gong of bronzium were the words “Play When Corellian Incident is Referenced.” The Hutt nodded approvingly, letting the deep waves of sound reverberate across the battleground.

<>

From the staff a pulsing blade appeared the colour of a deep amber. It was a beacon of ravenous hunger, and within The Force it called out to all living things to be devoured. Upon the winds about them the blade spoke with a voice like honey, a crawling that would invade the flesh and mind

...Your house sinks down to death and my way is to the land of Hades. None return who go to me; no one will reach the path to life...

The Hutt’s Eyes shown with a darkness that caused even Hayley to take a step back. The Hutt was uncharacteristically lucid

<>

OvQX5BE.png

As Sheog and then the Hapan woman known as Hayley spoke out, Karys listened. Even as a tinge of regret lingered...he recalled he had never told his father before his passing how he had felt, his feelings of pride to he his son. That he had always appreciated the lessons he had tried to give in his youth.

Now it seemed he would never get that chance.

Solemnly he nodded at the words spoken, of honouring his father's memory and took to heart what the young woman spoke of...that some chains were best to remember as to forge them into what they are. It was those words that inspired Karys to rise up and linger on such thoughts no longer. He would do as his father would have demanded, he would show no weakness and carry on his legacy, honouring him by becoming the sith he always dreamt his son could be.

He had a brief moment of amusement when Hayley hit the gong which lifted his spirit somewhat after the previous event. And he listened intently as Sheog conveyed his next lesson, one he took in like a strong breathe of air.

Your first transformation is complete… The first step… But you are yet unfinished, like a Baccalaver Cream Cake. That perfect confection needs to be baked thrice. Your movements of anger are grand and deliciously violent, but they lack the finesse that will make you able to slay an entire COUNCIL OF JEDI!

The words inspired him more, and filled him with pride that he had at long last broken some of his chains. That at last he had completed one transformation just ashis master had said. He was one step closer to unlocking what potential he had. He listened as his next task was conveyed, learning that he was to construct a new lightsaber using a crystal grown from his own blood, wrath and the blood of his recently deceased father...much to the shock of the clan lords and Karys himself. That was until the purpose was explained.

He thought on it Is such a thing even possible? To grow a lightsaber crystal from such elements alone? I thought saber crystals were found in caves or planets strong in the Force...but what I have been told...it seems there is still much to learn of the Force. If such a thing is possible what else may be accomplished.

As he considered it Sheog spoke more and yet again did Karys listen with great reverence for the hutt before him.

Now you must forge a lightsaber, a task that seems almost mass produced these days but is truly an art… A lightsaber is not a tool, it is an extension of yourself and of The Force itself…

Yet again Karys considered the words of his new master not truly understanding what he meant...at least not yet...however he was about to learn just what Sheog meant...

And then he heard it as Sheog ignited a amber blade from the staff he carried. The blade seemingly called out to him and all present, a strange voice upon the wind invested his mind, a voice of great hunger and seemed to possess a thirst to extinguish all life. A soul reaper.

...Your house sinks down to death and my way is to the land of Hades. None return who go to me; no one will reach the path to life...

Karys was awestruck, he could feel the power emanating from the blade, and feel it's almost insatiable lust and hunger to extinguish life. Only then did he truly understand the words Sheog had spoken, nodding his understanding as he remained silent, Karys knew now he had been wrong in his assumptions of a lightsaber.

And so I learn yet more and become the better for it

The weapon was more than a tool. In essence it would be him or as Sheog had said a mirror of his darkest desires, his every thought. With that in mind Karys approached the body of his deceased father and took a vial from his belt which he then filled with the still warm blood. He repeated the process several times until he had at least a dozen vials, some empy vials borrowed from the clan lords in order to accomplish the task of gathering additional blood should the need arise that he had need to create another crystal or two.

Once the body was truly drained, Karys said his goodbyes placing the vials upon his person where possible while others were kept in the care of the remaining clan lords for safe keeping until they reached the city where the vials would be per Karys instructions sent across the galaxy to various safehouses in his keeping for use in times of need.

Heading to the vast mountain range that was the Great Kishan Range, he began his journey after picking up any additional parts he may need in the construction of the lightsaber, the components he would need and forcing a claw loose from the corpse of one of the dead Tuk'ata...a claw which he would soon hollow out as to serve the purpose of housing both the crystal and saber components. A piece of Korriban his home which he would carry with him always. Once this was done the massassi, using the Force sped up his movements until he was in the shadow of the mountains.

From here on he would need to walk...it was too treacherous to attempt to run among the many crevices and deep fissures of the mountains, especially with the dangerous wildlife ever watching his movements for a moment of weakness to exploit.

Eventually however Karys finally made it to the peak of one the volcanic mountains, settling by a lava pool. He found such a location would only be fitting for the construction of such a instrument of death....a extension of his soul. The volcano seemed to echo his wrath and painful feeling in it's activity...braving the volcanic heat and blistering heat, Karys began.

Using the physical pain as well as the still present mental pain as fuel for the arduous meditative ritual he was about to undertake, Karys focused on the task of constructing his crystal. One which would be him and embody everything he was. Although this was not his first lightsaber to be constructed,it was the first of significance to the massassi. The first made with true meaning, emotion and purpose...as such he put great effort into every action he undertook.

This would be a true masterpiece of art and destruction.

Letting the Force flow through him he recited a old mantra:

"The crystal is the heart of the blade.

The heart is the crystal of the Sith.

The Sith is the crystal of the Force.

The Force is the blade of the heart."

Fully opening himself to the Force amidst the heat of the lava flows and rocky outcrops, Karys allowed his emotions to flow, cutting himself with his combat knife he let his blood flow for now to serve as one part of the ingredients needed for the crystal. All the feelings of loss, his pain, suffering, rage and above all....Wrath were set loose.

His eyes became a deep black as the emotions took hold, nothing was spared. Up here in the mountains he was free, truly free to unleash every pent up feeling he ever felt without consequence and without remorse. The mountain wouldn't judge him.

Soon voices filled his head, his own. Echoe's of his own internal monologue, of his thoughts....berating him for failing to save his father. As he spoke a shadow of himself loamed over, judging him instead.

You failed Karys, you know your better than that. You let him die. You were weak.

No! I was not to blame. We are all responsible for our own fate.

Then what of you? What fate awaits you at the end of this road? Redemption...you think they will ever give you a second chance. The sith do not suffer mistakes. Weakness is punished remember not rewarded.

And what is this if not a second chance? If not redemption? You underestimate the sith as you underestimate yourself. Besides...you are not here, you are a shadow. A mirror of what I once was...now I am someone else....something else. You are all that was wrong with me, in my arrogance I never truly understood until now what it all meant. But Sheog has shown us much hasn't he? and we are better for it! Begone, and trouble me no more!

The mountain feel silent safe the sound of lava and the shouts of his rage and Wrath. No doubt Sheog could feel the darkside loaming around the mountain like a gathering storm even from where he was. A vast dark cloud, cackling with lightning surrounded it.

As Karys continued to focus his rage, his wrath...his loss something happened.

The components of his new saber arranged themselves as the Tuk'ata tooth was hollowed out, making room for the electronics and the crystal. The crystal itself was also taking form.

The blood from his wrist flowed upwards, swirling in the air like a vortex before one vial from his belt came loose releasing the blood of his fathef which in turn mixed with his own blood. Like mixing a mash, the two swirled together with Wrath acting as the binding agent. All his emotions at that moment poured into the mixture as if a seasoning until finally the crystal took shape and form like a well baked cake, a small circular crystal that emanated with the power of the darkside and Karys very soul.

The crystal seemed to almost call out, desiring attention. It's dark nature revealed.

Soon enough the crystal was placed inside the tooth along with the various other components, completing the work of art. Placing a a bandage the massassi addressed his wounded wrist before continuing. For a brief few moments Karys marveled at it...impressed at what he had accomplished yet the moment did not last, for one final test remained. The activation.

Hitting the switch, to his delight Karys was met by the crimson red of the blade. Within the Force it called out to incinerate and burn any who incurred it's master's wrath. A ravenous desire to destroy, to inflict Karys loss, rage, rage, pain, suffering but most of all his wrath upon all it came across. On the wind the blade seemingly spoke to Karys whispers of it's dark nature.

A voice that cut like a forest fire licking it's lips.

"I am the destroyer, the avenging fire. I'm the flail of the god's, if you had not committed great sins the god's would not have sent a punishment like me upon you...to burn you of your sins. I am the purging flame that extinguishes all I touch. I am Wrath."

Karys was silent, his eyes still a deep black. He listened, and admired his work, proud at his accomplishment.

Finally he had a weapon that was truly of the Force. A weapon that was him just as he had wanted and just as Sheog required. De-igniting the blade, Karys clipped the newly constructed lightsaber onto his belt before proceeding to make his way back down the volcanic mountain.

Eventually he was back at the ship, bowing before Sheog he presented his new lighrsaber for inspection. Although he was careful to make Sheog aware as a self defence mechanism if ignited by a unwarranted wielder the blade would burn the hand of the interloper and continue to envelop them in flame if they persisted. His wrath in physical form.

"I have returned master, I present to you my new lightsaber. A extension of myself." Karys hoped Sheog approved of the design and of what he had accomplished as he waited for whatever happened next.

Akheron.jpg

As his apprentice stooped over the shattered form of his dead father, The Lord of Madness turned to observe the construction efforts of the new Sith Praxeum. There was an average of four cargo freighters every hour bringing in construction materials from all over the galaxy, funded by his own hands, and with the help of the grand Quietus. The rebar support for the sandstone permacrete was forged on Mechis III by the remnants of the Krath Sorcerers that Sheog had trained himself in forging Sith Steel. The temple was taking form, its lower fifteen levels carved from the soft clay and sand that made the floor of the Valley of Dark Lords. The archeologists were cautious to not destroy any artifacts they discovered, choosing to place them on board Sheog’s pleasure yacht, packed in wooden crates with strawgrass like they were ancient rifles being sent to the frontlines for children to use on each other.

Sheog turned to his assistant, the chestnut-haired teenager Hayley Fieldgrey, who lounged shoeless in the arms of a crumbling statue. She was absentmindedly carving runes into the crumbling statue with her vibroblade, the Sith scrawlings barely decipherable in the dust-lichen that clung to the statue like a shroud

<>

The girl snorted and lept to the ground, her bare feet kicking up a fountain of the soft fine sand, like a wave of talcum powder aimed at the nether regions of a squalling child. Sheog laughed at the girl’s derision of his fellow Krath

<>

The girl laughed, moving her chestnut braid from one shoulder to the other, her white teeth shining in the reflected sunlight that bounced from the sand about them

“I doubt he’d let you get close to his famous library, Master!”

The Mad Hutt nodded solemnly, and caught sight of his apprentice coming like a visage across the distant dunes. As the Massassi made his approach, Sheog could feel a wave of confidence and wrath boiling across the sand in pulsing waves before his footsteps. He could feel its concentration emanating from the Tukata-Fang that was clipped to his belt. It appeared the apprentice had forged himself a blade of some significance.

“I have returned master, I present to you my new lightsaber. A extension of myself.”

The Hutt stretched the entire length of his rippling and fatty wormlike form and caught the blade in an oily hand. The Krath could feel a deep surge of wrath from its core, a corruption within the Force that mimicked that within his own blade. Lifting the fang before his eyes, Sheog called the Soul within it to the physical realm. A single flame of deep crimson lept from the sand before them and to it, Sheog spoke in a low rumble

<>

The fiery spirit nodded, its dread visage glaring into the heart of Karys, striking a deep fear into the Massassi, one reserved for the horror of foresight into what was to come. The demon faded back into the hilt of the blade, and Sheog tossed it underhand back to the hands of Karys.

<

OvQX5BE.png

Karys listened carefully, intently. The massassi was not overly a ambitious man....he was a soldier through and through and as such held no great lofty ambitions as most sith however that was not to say he was without them, he indeed did have some ambitions even if they were minimal.

The warrior thought upon how best to answer thegreat krath maxter before him, his master who had so far taught him so much and had yet more to teach him. Thinking upon it he replied, remembering what the spirit of Xendor had mentioned. Offered even, a specialty few chose. A path to walk, yet there was also another ambition or two present....feelings conveyed through the Force even as he spoke.

"I understand, As to your question have few ambitions master.

I am at heart a soldier...a warrior and as such I am and would be most content upon the field of battle with a blade in my hand to strike any down whom you or the Dark Lord deem necessary. Those few ambitions I do have are to a purpose, I do nothing without reason. All ambitions I have would aid the Order and my people in it's betterment and appease the thrill I constantly feel for battle.

Above all of my ambitions I wish to become a weapon of the Darkside, as with the warriors of old I desire to become a weapon master some day...blessed and cursed with the fury and deadly skill of combat empowered by the Darkside to bring fear into the jedi ranks and pause to our other enemies when they see their numbers dwindle as if they were simply a passing wind and tell tales of the horrors they witnessed on the field of battle.

I wish to make the legends live again.

My second greatest ambition is to unite us. To unite the Order I mean. For too long have we been subject to a fundamental flaw...a weakness that has plagued the Order for centuries, millennia even. One that should we not seek to fix will be our end. Infighting....our curse. A wise man once told me long ago that as we fight amongst ourselves only our enemies prosper. My father taught me this. Together we are stronger than ever we are apart. If we were to unite, organise ourselves as one under a capable leader who would seek to put an end to this repeating cycle we find ourselves in and direct our rage...our wrath, our unending desire for vengeance upon the true enemy think of all that could be accomplished. There is no telling what we may do as one.

Wrath directed and united towards a common end is wrath well spent. Violence and chaos without a purpose or a clear goal is unreasonable and I feel a waste of the potential we all have. Other than that I have no more ambitions as of yet, I have never much been a ambitious man if I were to tell the truth."

Karys said. He was deadly serious about what he spoke, he had long looked at the history of the order and the archives and throughout all history it became evident where the jedi had succeeded. The infighting common among sith was a plague that he sought to cure so that the body would heal to unleash it's greatest potential.

As one united and organised into something cohesive.....structured even....he fathomed the sith would be a threat greater than any known. A unpredictable maelstrom of hate directed like a bow and arrow at a chosen target with pinpoint precision.

Akheron.jpg

Sheog nodded his head slowly, watching his apprentice consider his Ambitions. The Grand Hutt pointed to the completed Praxeum with a grimy hand, a large smile plastered to his grotesque face,

<>

The Hutt pondered a moment before continuing, his smile fading slightly

<>

Sheog glanced down at Karys once again, leaning on his staff, which only served to push itself into the sand instead of supporting his weight. The Overlarge Hutt scoffed and righted himself

<

The Praxeum of the Unholy Dormition

latest?cb=20081022181009

The Sith Praxium is set into the great canyon that makes up the Valley of the Dark Lords, bound into the deep sandstones, its foundations set fifteen stories beneath the valley floor. It is constructed of a series of three pyramids made from sandstone-permacrete, reinforced with Sith-steel forged on Mechis III. The pyramids match the surrounding Valley in appearance, as well as with a manufactured weathering technique to give the temples the appearance of having stood in the valley for millennia.

Faust Intergalactic Starport

The Faust Intergalactic Starport is set several kilometers from the grand causeway leading to the Praxeum. It serves as the welcoming center for the Sith Empire, and vibrant Economic Center of Trade and Relations. It hosts 24 Landing Pads for Frigate Sized Starships, interspaced with 100 Landing Pads made to accommodate the freighter-class starships so common for travelers and wayfarers since the disarmament of the Galactic Factions by the GA. The Starport boasts cargo storage areas with processing arrays to handle the influx needed from passenger liners. It exists as the main fleet staging area for the Sith Empire, with mechanical maintenance yards to service the Sith attack squadrons and loading arrays to embark troops for tactical missions.

Restaurant District and Bazaar

As the most welcoming port in the Outer Rim, the Faust Intergalactic Starport is home to some of the finest dining establishments, capable of hosting a variety of intergalactic tastes, representing the cuisine from Native Worlds throughout the Sith Empire. As one disembarks their ship, they are greeted by a wave of spiced scents upon the dusty winds. After clearance from Sith Customs, the first restaurants to great them are The Oily Hutt, decorated with slime and slithering biomechanical worms, whose grill menu is labeled here: (note that all produce is locally produced and organically bioengineered with a culture of farm-to-table and not at all thawed from carbonite, shot in the head, then deep fried for consumption)

Grill Item Menue

HAND-CUT SEDA CHOICE Nerf STEAKS

1. Butcher's Reserve 12 oz. Nerf Sirloin* (For common humanoid tastes, 33 Credits)
    Limited availability daily - ask slave for details
    88 oz. SEDA Choice Top Sirloin* (1000 credits)
    66 oz. SEDA Choice Top Sirloin* (800 credits)

ALSO FROM THE SLAVE FIRED GRILL

• Hand-cut Bone-in Gammorian Chop* (Humanely Slaughtered, free range, fresh from Gammor)
    Grilled Festeran Breast
    Locke Grilled Calamari
    Double-Glazed Infant Back Ribs (Not really human infants, we swear) **
    **A full rack seasoned and slow-cooked to flavorful and tender perfection with your choice of sauce. Served with Sith fries and slaw.
    2 Choose 2 Sides
    Classic Sides
    Crispy Cheesy Ranat
    Garlicky Greens
    Steamed Bothan Paws
    Baked Ranat Puree
    Garlic Mashed Potash
    Top off your bakes or mashes (1.99)
    Signature Sides
    (for an additional 1.29 each)
    New Fire Grilled Massassi Harvested Tuk’ata
    New Maple Pecan Mashed Strill
    4 Cheese Meterd and Cheese

Beside The Oily Hutt is the Dagobah High-Top, a swampy and humid location, an absolute rarity on a desert world. Come and enjoy a sip of Swamp Milk ᙑ (80% Alcohol by Volume) and enjoy a delectable lunch menu, complete with tentacle bar-service

1. Soups
    Muja Fasil Soup
    Soup of the Day (Typically a mix of swamp grasses with a muddy gritty finish)
    Dagobah Flying Steak & Black Bean Soup
    Salads
    House (contains Calamari)
    Faeser (Contains material known to cause cancer with a 99% probability)
    Sandwiches
    Asel Fajita Rollup
    Honey Pepper Candor-Crawler Tenders
    Three-Cheese Candor-Crawler
    Mynock Ruben Cheese-Steak

SHOPPING OPPORTUNITIES

Beside the gift shops typical in spaceports, there is a fantastic Slave-Bazaar where you can purchase almost any sentient (or forcibly non-sentient) species throughout the galaxy. It isn’t recommended one stays out past sundown in the slave-bazaar lest Sith Acolytes collect you for enslavement!

LODGING

Beside a seedy travelodge Sits the Golden and Glittering SHEOG TOWERS MARQUEE RESORT AND SPA, which caters to all clientele. There are comfortable accommodations for all guests without any fat shaming for self-conscious Hutts. A typical bedroom has a refresher with all types of ejection ports and collecting rods, a twin-sized bed with clean sheets, and Korriban Local Television (mostly sacrifices and inspiring Massassi ceremonies). The [Jaina x Raynuk Lover’s Suite] has accommodations for any sized guests, with a bathtub large enough to accommodate two squirming and loving Hutts, with the options for sonic, champaign, oatmeal, or water for bathing. Call ahead for accommodations and tourism packages for spelunking in ancient tombs or tours of the Praxeum of Unholy Dormition, which is open for guided tours on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:00 Galactic Standard Time.

ENTRANCEWAY TO THE PRAXEUM OF UNHOLY DORMITION

throne_of_marka_ragnos_by_darth_irradus.jpg

The entranceway, after having passed through a system of checkpoints and tunnels into the Valley of Dark Lords, looks upon the grand Temple, adorned with Sith hieroglyphs. In front of a beautifully choreographed ejection fountain is a Bronzium statue of the original Unholy Trinity, representing the Unity of the Orders. Upon intruders the statue of the Dark Lord looks down, bored by their pathetic attempts. Outside the doorway, prospective Acolytes are passed through an inspection process that would make GA investigators blush. The Doorway itself is hand-forged Sith Steel, adorned with hieroglyphs and large enough that even the most obese Hutts could enter without issue

MAIN PRAXEUM OF UNHOLY DORMITION

Based on the Sith Academy of Yuthura Ban, once inside of the grand doorways the entranceway is decorated with banners and tapestries recovered from the ancient Tombs. There is a main dining hall, where all orders come together to share in the meals prepared in the kitchens. The typical meal is rather simple, but is a fully nutritious mix of vegetables and meats. No vegans are accommodated, and end up kicked and exiled from the Sith Empire, unless their species is naturally herbivorous in nature.

The Acolyte Dormitories are small and numerous, housing two perspective students per room, with a refresher shared between two rooms. The acolyte training area teach basic Sith Philosophy, a rebuke of The Rule of Two, and preaches unification of the orders under the direction of a central power and council. There are training chambers that hone the skills of basic acolytes, under the watchful eyes of Sith Lords, who direct the Acolytes once they are ready to one of the three Orders.

Past the Dining Hall and Training Chambers, lay the Sith Trooper Dorms, which house the Home Guard, Sith Troops loyal to the Praxeum who enforce rules and guide acolytes who get lost in the meandering halls. Beyond the Sith Trooper Dorms, lay the Radar and Space Monitoring Datacenter, manned by engineers and technicians who monitor the space around Korriban through satellite and sensor arrays, in order to detect any movement from hyperspace and engage it.

The Museum of the Dark Lords show a riveting array of ancient material and propaganda for tourists and Acolytes alike. The displays show the various Sith Victories in Galactic History, from the Killing Fields of Dantooine and the subsequent documentaries and holodramas, to The Corellian Incident. Each past Dark Lord is detailed in biographical form, with paintings or holorecordings of their achievements.

From the Main Praxeum lay three paths to the smaller three Pyramids, dedicated to the three unified Orders of the Sith .

The Temple of Assassins:

UCPtctH.jpg

The Temple of Assassins is dedicated to their master, Exodus and his curriculums. The Temple is decorated in the dark style typical of the Assassins, who prefer to hide in the shadows which the dimmed lighting allows. There is a Stealth Training Arena, which doubles as a lecture hall for such teachings as: Twisting and Erasing the Mind, Archetypes of Assassinations, Terrorism and False Flag Operations, Tuk’ata Bonding, and Galactic Alliance Political Doctrine and How to Twist It, to name a few.

Beneath the Assassin Dormitories lay the interrogation chambers where prisoners and slaves are experiments upon and torture techniques are perfected. Each Interrogation Room comes equipped with medical equipment and a medical droid just in case things get a little too intense.

The Temple of Warriors

wspfpxk.jpg

The Temple of Warriors is dedicated to the master of their Order, Quietus and his curriculums. The Temple is decorated in a spartan style, utilizing function over form. It is a place of great violence, where slaves and clones are used to demonstrate effective killing techniques. Tests of strength happen often in the dueling arenas, along with beasthunts and gladiatorial displays. Tactical training and Massassi Integration is taught in small lecture rooms. The majority of the space in the temple, apart from Dormitories is dedicated to effective use of the Lightsabers in combat, with training droids and sparring. Statues of the Warrior Caste Heroes line the walls, and Mandalorian values are trained, with a focus on Neo-Crusader Doctrine and Tactical use of troops

The Temple of the Krath

w550iMI.jpg

The most ornate and lush, the temple is dedicated to the creator of the Korriban Praxeum, and leader of the Krath, Sheog the Mad. There is a grand library and study hall in the east wing for use by students who desire to collect knowledge from books and holocrons. Archeological teams are based out of the temple for their studies of The Valley of Dark Lords, and assist the Krath Lords in their studies of the Ancients.

Sorcery and science studies are based out of the Western Wing, with alchemy and blacksmithing being emphasised. The Krath Steelworks are able to produce efficient material for the manufacturing of Sith weapons of war. Beneath the Dormitories is the laboratories where biomechanical experiments are performed, along with necromancy. The Intergalactic Genome Project, which doubles as a study on Sith Manipulation of Genetic Code for creation of more brutal weaponized hybrids occur here.

Throne of The Dark Lord

DRzOdBq.jpg

A large banqueting hall, with enough stone tables to sit 300, with adequate kitchens to supply them. The throne itself was made from Krath-Forged steel, coated with Tuk’ata leather with Bothan and Ewok-fur trimmings. The statues held within the chamber represented the unity and equality of the three Sith orders behind the power of the Dark Lord.

Corps Diplomatique

...Weaving Spiders Come Not Here...

Attached to the Praxeum lies the Factional Diplomatic Corps, whose goal is to pressure the surrounding worlds into the Sith Empire. Each Faction has an Embassy attached

Black Sun’s Embassy and Casino Experience:

Marked by the three meter bronzium statue of Black Sun’s most proficient fighter, Delta73, in full form and flexing, his large endowment highlighted with corusca gems. He was the mighty Baccus for the eternal party that made up the Black Sun Embassy, and an adventurous tourist might be able to guzzle spiced Corellian mead straight from the clone’s ‘fountain.’

At its heart, the Black Sun Embassy was a casino, with enough Sabacc tables and gambling dens to house a legion of customers willing to lose their children’s university funds in a game of slightly rigged chance. It had enough spare dormitories to accommodate any refugees in the off chance that Black Sun was forced to flee to the space of the Sith Empire.

Scorp Jedi Knight Jedi Knight Embassy for Fascist Jedi Knights

Due to a seeming obligation, an embassy exists for any Jedi Knights that desire to visit the Sith Temple to meet peacefully with any of the local denizens. The Embassy houses the Sith’s ‘Anti-Religious Extremism’ publishing house and information center that highlighted the fact that the Jedi Order was not the enemy, only Jedi Extremists. The center calls for an end of GA-Jedi integration and a removal of the Fascist control the Jedi have over the Galactic Core. An endless line of picketing protesters surround the embassy, calling out the Jedi for their lack of action, and their false flag attacks on Coruscant. Sith Acolytes frequent the area, handing out fliers calling out the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order as the ‘Worse then Deton’ and a renowned philanderer with possible romantic ties with humans.

Moon Moon and M’dala Mando’a Cultural Appropriation Center

Decked out with historical artifacts from the age of the Neo-Crusaders, this embassy serves as a cultural touchstone for Mandalorians. It glorifies the warfare that made the Mando’a great, with emphasis on ‘Making the Mandos Great Again’ calling for the ruling Fett clan to join with the Sith to wage some honourable warfare instead of useless romance.

Aryian Greyfire Center for Grey Force Users

Originally misunderstanding Sheog’s orders, the workforce installed a hair salon in the embassy with extra emphasis on hair-dye. After correction and several dozen slaughtered workers mixed into the permacrete, the embassy for the ever-growing number of force-users with commitment issues was remade into a study center for both sides of the Force, and for counseling those who wished to leave either order which consists of a slap to the side of the head.

Hutt Orphanage and Fertility Center

Run by Nenone, Nougat, and Gurgle, three Hutt brothers listed in the order of birth. Kind but demented, the three Hutts run a Hutt breeding center in order to supply Wyrms to the Krath for experimentation, because to them racial purity and eugenics is incredibly important. The creche is well decorated in the fashion of ancient Nal Hutta, with a glorification of the Hutt Species as the masters of culture and decidance.

Imperial Embassy and Re-education Center

Empty except for some strange looking shower stalls

DEFENSES

-Point-Defence Systems are dotted throughout the Temples, and the Spaceport, along with 36 Turbolaser Batteries and three Ion Cannon Arrays. Each array is manned by trained staff with independent firing control and power supply

- Roving Patrols of Sith occur throughout the spaceport and Temple Grounds, with probe-droid support within the deserts surrounding the Praxeum.

-Missile Defenses capable of engaging Frigate-class ships with Concussion Missiles and Proton Torpedoes or any threat to emerge from hyperspace, coordinated by the satellite array that surrounds the planet and solar system.

-Coordination with the main datacenter and the Sith Lords dedicated to sensing any arriving danger.

- 4000 Dedicated Ground Support Troops, taken from the various orders and the Home Guard with the air support of 24 close-air support and antifighter vehicles, based around the V-wing chassis..

OvQX5BE.png

As Karys listened and considered what Sheog said, howbe might be of use...he fiddled slightly with the new saber that lay at his belt. Not on purpose but rather as a matter of reflex or instinct, whenever he thought about something he often either stroked his jowls upon his face or put fingers to either sword closest to hand.

It was just his way.

Yet as he thought, he considered how this new temple and ths surrounding starport etc might affect the local clans and the city of Dreshdae in particular. He knew some may not be best happy given the new build would take from Dreshdae employment of those who worker there, but he supposed the location could be repurposed for other means, a outpost maybe, returning to it's original put as a fortress or supply depot and so keep the jobs of those there for the workers who would man the location and keep the temple supplied if something went wrong at the valley. Dreashdae was a city like any other on Korriban and so could not be dismissed out of hand, he would discuss the matter later for now he had other matters with which to attend.

After a few minutes admiring the sights and noting some rather obscure menu items, Karys had a reply.

Refraining from fiddling with the saber anymore, he spoke...his tone was calm, collected and above all respectful.

"Aside my skills as a fighter my master, I also have been taught a variety of tactics both of traditional warfare and guerrilla tactics. How to conduct lighting strikes without an eneny ever knowing I was there....to set traps in obvious and less obvious places in plain sight...that kind of thing, as well as how to survive in the wild. To identify natural medicines in plants, some poisons and how to make them. My natural hearing is also very acute to be considered above those when compared to humans, a natural product of my race. I believe such skills as these will be of great value to the Order given our current situation.

If you wish I can demonstrate my abilities in these fields. I volunteer to lead a squad against any target you desire as a test if required or to undertake any challenge you set for me. To prove I am of use, to prove my worth and prove my loyalty to the Order. Anything you desire I shall do willingly to undo my wrongs and redeem myself."

The massassi was truthful in every word, and just as serious as previously he had been. He desired to prove himself and be of use, not cast off like a watch that had no battery or a rusted bit of metal...he knew he was more than that. And he would do whatever it took to prove it.

Akheron.jpg

The overlarge Hutt smiled at his apprentice’s explanation of his ideals of warfare. An oozing and pale segment of drool leaked haphazardly from the corner of Sheog’s twisted mouth, hanging for a moment like man overcome by his autoerotic desires, before dripping to the dusty sand to add to the growing puddle of slime. The Hutt let out an echoing belch, spraying gobs of half-digested worms across the hapless Fieldgrey, who was less than pleased. The belch held a refrain of watery slobber as it rippled down his blubbery body with undulations of contentment.

<

The Sith Master conjured up his hunger, letting the feelings pulse about him in a harsh wave of ravenousness that reverberated through the Force. The Hutt’s twisted form appeared to grow into a mountain, and a tempest formed about them, its gales whipping the sand into a driving cataclysm that blocked out the Korriban Sunlight. From the darkness the Hutt’s voice was twinged with amusement

<

Laughter rose unbidden from the gathering storm, depraved and fiendish, and very much not from the Hutt

<>

The word last spoken in the words of the ancients was marked by an increasing power to the storm, and at once it was gone, vanishing to reveal a great battlefield, strewn with the dead and the dying. The screams of the wounded, angered at their fate, filled with the pain of their wounds passed over them. Upon a pile of bodies, gruesomely twisted with rivulets of blood cascading from dismembered limbs reclined a Massassi, clad in the shadowed armor of a Sith Master, in black and crimson. The standard he held across his chest bore the emblem of the Sith Empire, stained in blood

<>

The Hutt’s voice brought the scene to an end. Sheog nodded slowly, beckoning Fieldgrey to his side.

<>

The young girl nodded, her braids of deep reddish-brown concealing a small smile. Her voice was soft as she directed Karys to a descending shuttlecraft

“Let us enter Hades together then, Massassi…”

OvQX5BE.png