Bespin: (Black Sun's) Cloud City

RaveN

"Yeah, I'll help you out."

Rane Scando's eyes continue to dart around, looking from one person to another. Cloud City was full of unsavory types; Reagan McGreggor would not be safe here.

"We should get away from here. Head to somewhere more remote until we get things together."

A dark missle boat pulls over Bespin. The cloud city was full of hussel and bussel. Many rich men....one was bound to have the cash he needed. Still having yet to be seen by anyone he could walk about freely without worry of recognition. Thankfully as he had found out from the bounty hunter he had just killed...

There was no picture of him being handed out. And for the moment this mean he could travel in the open. But he must not mention his name. Being that he was forced to talk of himself in the third person this purposed a problem...but then who required speach to make a capture.

He had entered the city by hacking the city defense patterns and deleting his ships hostile identification. His skills with a computer were paying off more and more. And he was being forced to excel at it. This would come in handy later on.

He landed his ship and activated its defenses. 2 droid became active and the bottom mounted defense cannon hummmed to life rotating at any heat, light, or optical sensations. The ship's defenses were its only real masters of engineering. It glimmered in the sunlight, another one of his prizes

Zultoh exited down the ramp and boarded the modified swoop bike. Polishing it for a moment he hit the excellerator. He flew high overhead and went down various backstreets to avoid being seen. His force sense acute to anyone following him.

He arrived at a high point where he hid his speeder. A special cloak setting kept it off radar. He walked toward the edge where he saw the two jedi before he watched one, his decided target move away. Taking aim he raised the snare rifle at the jedi he had seen on his way up the street. They tended to be rich and often made great bounties.

The overhang he crouched in was oddly placed inside and outside the building he was above. He had a clear sight of his target but wondered what would happen. He was not visible to any position but a straight on and this pleased him.

He had taken great time and energy to replace the net he had lost and thankfully the extra yassimarri was still there. The other one he now had on the back of his swoop bike. The bubble was designed just right to not affect him at key moments.

Taking aim at the one he watched biding his time for the perfect shot. One appeared in shock of something. Completely unaware for his presence as most of the world was.

Very few paid attention to him. And he had not to worry about it. Gands were common in the Galaxy now. Finally being accepted, as such he drew no more attention than he ever had. Though he had to hide his weapons in various hidden compartments like the ones in his trailer and in his suit.

Zuloth pushed his head back from the force bubble and checked to see if he was being sensed, but the gap the force bubble created around him made it impossible for the mark to notice from that. He thought and placed his head back within the Yassimarri bubble to conceal himself.

He laughed to himself and prepped his finger, tighening it around the lever that was his trigger.

zuloth.psd.jpg

Siege Bushido Ryu

Way of the Righteous Warrior

Reagan stood up and nodded to Rane, "You're right, we need somewhere more private. I suggest we meet at my ship. Here is where she is berthed." She handed him a datacard, "Bring your droid too, we could use him."

She looked at him and smiled again, "I'm glad I didn't have to shoot you."

She moved to her two friends and motioned for them to follow her back to the ship. When the three got to the private bay, they moved into the security bay and boarded the ship. She had given Rane the access to get in, so they waited a moment before leaving.

Reagan.jpg

RS-3, accompanied by a strange droid, head to the private bay where Reagan McGreggor's ship is docked. RS-3 presents the access code, and the two droids enter the private bay. After a moment, the droid next to RS-3 emits a strange, blue light, and a hologram of Rane Scando forms just above the droid. The two droids continue over to McGreggor's ship, and board. Inside, the droids find McGreggor and her companions. RS-3's blaster is kept at the ready.

"I'm back in the Soldier of Fortune. Something isn't right, the Soldier picked up a transmission beamed from somewhere on Cloud City about you ”“ someone knows you are here. I suggest you choose a system before things get too out of hand here."

Darla couldnt calm down. She was no longer sad but she was still angry. She didnt know what to do and couldnt seem to make sense of anything. She wasnt sure where Tares and Reagan had gone.

The other padawan just sat in silence. He had nothing to say and was obviously traumatised by his Masters death. There was nothing Darla could do to help him.

"I dont think its safe here anymore. You should leave." Darlas' tone was cold and flat. "Im Sorry...."

Once again it was all she could think to say.

She wiped the tears from her face and scolded herself for breaking down like that. What good would crying do? The cruelty of the Sith would stay with her. She was enraged...completely filled with fury. Tares had said that there was no darkside but she had felt it ....She had felt it crushing the life out of another jedi.

Darla found a cargo bay with some empty crates. She ignited her saber. Crimson light reflecting around the empty bay.

With all her rage she began to attack the crates. She swung her glowing energy blade into the containers over and over. Each time lashing harder. She begun to scream as she slashed and smashed the boxes. Striking again and again, she began to sweat and her throat hurt from her futile war-cries.

When there was little left of the crates she stopped. Her muscules ached and her breath came in short ragged gasps. She stood there breathing heavily for some time. She switched off her saber, threw it to the floor and let her body drop to the ground.

Darla felt a great release. All the rage was gone. But in its place was strange emptiness. She had needed to vent the emotions that had built up inside her. If she believed in what she did, then would there be a darkside for her? Maybe Tares was right. There was no darkside...but there were still dark emotions. She had let her dark emotions out. Would she feel normal again?

Exhausted from her outburst Darla lay on the ground for a while. She held her saber tightly in her hand and closed her eyes.

A single word filled her mins as she lay there....

Why?

Edited by Guest
Rannrsig.jpg

RS-3 pushes past Yuusuke Hakusho, nearly knocking the smuggler over, and heads to the Salvation's controls. RS-3 sits in the chair designated for a copilot, and begins to plot a hyperspace route based on the coordinates it had seen on the data-card given to the other droid. When the course is plotted, RS-3 rises and heads back to the others, once again knocking into Yuusuke Hakusho.

"Everything is ready."

Beren frowned at the dead body in disbelief, he was lost for words, the blood of his master stained the padawan robes of the Togruta. He looked up at the two Jedi. The padawan stretched out with the force and lifted the body up using the Force as a support, sensing the flowing energy move up and keep the body lifted off the ground. Moving the body onto the ship of his dead master he looked back one time. He clicked his master's lightsaber to his belt I'll give it to BLCKCLONE. He'll know what to do with it.. Quickly, he closed the ramp and went to the cockpit of the ship. Within a few minutes he was blasting out of Bespin and going to Hoth....

BerenNew.jpg

Turning to Reagan, Tares could sense his padawan thoughts, "If you excuse me, my padawan and I still have ships to fly out of here. We will return when we can."

Stepping out of the ship, he made his way over to his padawan. The situation was tough, somewhere in the city the force was absent. He could feel danger looked around at all corners.

Rushing to Darla's side, Tares helped her to her feet, "Calm down, we have to get out of here." He said gently.

The two marched over to the twin fighters. Leaning Darla against the hull of her fighter, Tares climbed into his and began to power up the craft. He then made his way back down, "I know you are confused right now. Your focus is weary. You must try to focus on what actually is, where you are here and now...."

tares.jpg

Yuusuke allowed the droid to shove him. He wasn't about to start a fight in the middle of Reagan's ship.

"Look droid, it's a long flight, don't bother me, and I won't bother you. I'm not here to fight with anyone. Just like your master, I'm here to help Reagan."

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

The Howling Runner came out of hyperspace in the atmosphere of Bespin. He armed the laser cannons.

"Okay, she is supposed to be here, but chances are she has already departed. I'm hoping to catch one of the other bounty hunters on their way out, and follow the trail."

Aboard his ship high above Bespin, X7 stands above his new weapons; several modifications to his exposed endo-skeleton were underway.

While he worked, his processor was uplinked to the ship's systems, allowing him to sense and control the ships main functions. Slowly he guided the ship down, paying close attention to any signs of Reagan or Rane.

Several minutes passed and finally the machine was on deck close to his prey. His liquid skin slowly flowed over his endo-skeleton and began to take his normal humanoid form. Stepping quietly along the path, he soon began to make his way over the his prey.

Walking onto an over hang, X7's processor decided the logical course of action was to snipe at his targets. Suddenly as he turned the corner, he noticed a figure already camping at the ideal sniper location.

All sensors now coming to life, X7's detailed scans quickly assessed this being. While his database searched for an identification match, all the machine did was stood there silently. It didn't take long for a picture match to appear in X7's optical displays:

Name: Zuloth

Race: Gand

Denying the urge to pass up the change X7 quickly raised his disruptor pistols each one in hand and began to fire at Zuloth....

You believe you are superior; that the ability to think is your strength. Yet despite your ability you still fail to realize the weaknesses that haunt you. In the end you will come to realize that you are still:

Only human....

The Odin rocketed out of hyperspace. Lobo's Torrent Starfighter hovered over the Cloud City. He was scanning the surface, when his ship's sensors caught a battle going on in a nearby building. Opening the hatch of his ship, Lobo jumped down, landing near the two combatants.

Looks like that one is a Gand. It's gotta be that Dark Zuloth Bushido, or whatever his name is. That other guy is the same bounty hunter I saw in the Last Call. No doubt I could tear his circuits to pieces, but I need the credits, so I'm willing to share for a little extra insurance.

Lobo pulled his war hammer and blast shield. He called over to the droid.

"Hey robo. I am the personal bounty hunter of my good friend Whyl the Hutt. I'm after this little guy too. How about we take him together?"

Not that the droid had much choice, Lobo was jumping in anyway.

Lobo's name is Khundian for "He who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it."

"Im ok now Tares." She paused thinking for a wy to explain herself."I just needed to get something out of my system. Im sorry for my lack of control."

Darla found it hard to look Tares in the eyes. Once again she felt like a failure. The jedi were suppossed to control their emotions...Something she had never been good at. Tares wasnt like the other jedi and somehow she didnt think it mattered to him if she got angry or lost control every now and then. After all, they were only human.

She stopped sulking and looked up at Tares with a hopeful look in her eyes.

"Lets go. I can deal with this." Her face was filled with determination.

Rannrsig.jpg

Tares smiled, "As your teacher in the Jedi it is my job to teach you how to control your emotions, typically by denying them. However you and I both agreed that I will teach you how to control them through your perception of the world. Today was just an other step along the way towards achieving this peace. Just remember, even if there is no darkside, that doesn't mean you can't lose control. Human emotions can sometimes erupt into uncontrollable storms if fed enough, it is this state all Jedi are weary of."

Keeping his senses alert he continued to smile, "Right now we have a job to do. My friend Reagan has a big bounty on her head and we are currently in the process of relocating. I say we get off this city and into space."

With in minutes the two were up and off in their fighters, taking orbit above the planet and waiting for the others....

tares.jpg

OOC: I love how you happen to go to the same overhang ... Especially since Im targetting a different group than you.

Im also calling alias stacking on this one. I targeted Vortex and coincidentally X7-X9 shows up, having just finished being at the Gunshop...hmmm how convenient. Being as both your characters were involved with mine at the same time I will call stacking, since Vortex didnt leave till after X7 X9's post.

If a mod rules that as not enough then here is my post.

IC:

Zuloth dove for a quick palm of cover for the first shots before he could realy react.

"Zuloth hate dumbass bounty hunters" This was the second one in 2 days, and he loved saying the line. Turning and tucking into a roll he tossed a modified version of the thermal detonator. The small explosive rolled forward shooting smoke into the air. Killing any visibilities.

The exploseive he had modified specially for distraction in just such escape or battle movements as this. It even blocked out heat sensitive targeting systems. He took great pride in the device. It was one of his newer weapons. X7-X9 would have some trouble targeting with his weapon during the next couple of seconds. Zuloth planned to use those to his full advantage.

He tucked and rolled as the disruptor fire continued to pour inacurately through the smoke. His mind again running through ideas till he came across one that seemed plausible. He knew exactly what to do, he would continue to use explosives as firearms would be extremely inacurate. While rolling he grabbed several detonators, 3 to be exact. Each he had modified differently. His technical experties were beggining to get better.

He had studied much on the holonet about explosives, and here was where he would find out if it paid off. Tossing the first one as he rolled it twisted in a spiral motion landing a decent distance behind the droid near a large bulkhead of the building. It had been filled with a far larger explosive than normal.

The second one he tossed after just completing the roll, it landed on the foot of the bounty hunter, the result of a more acurate throw since he was no longer moving. This one had a sticky glue substance that hardened immediately, it contained a disruptor charge rather than conventional explosives. The hope was to short the droids electical systems (He doubted it would be very effective.), unfortunately he had yet to design a miniture mag pulse grenade. He would have to work on that later.

The third and final one rolled in front of the droid it contained a normal explosive with a shorter fuse.

The first and last explosive went off simultaneosly as Zultoh got aboard his swoop bike. Its rear rotating cannons trained on the target that would soon become visible through the smoke. But as he trained the firearms the explosives went off. The bulkhead behind the droid gave way and the concrete ledge before the droid also gave way.

X7-X9 twisted on the concrete as it slid down to a lower level. Zuloth took a moment to survey what was happening to the droid his laser trained....

zuloth.psd.jpg

Siege Bushido Ryu

RS-3 turns to Yuusuke Hakusho.

"I sincerely apologize, little smuggler. It is not in my programming to push inferiors around - I must have picked up a bug or something."

The droid, programmed by Rane Scando himself, then turns to the Salvation's pilot ”“ the female smuggler.

"I suggest that we leave at once. Captain Scando has already left for the next location, I believe."

Elsewhere on Cloud City, Rane Scando sits at the Soldier of Fortune's controls, preparing the ship for departure. The bounty hunter isn't exactly worried, it had been a long time since he had ever been worried, but he isn't exactly comfortable either. The only thing he knows for sure is that people, other bounty hunters to be specific, knew what was on Cloud City. And they would be coming. As Scando pilots the Soldier out of the hangar and into the open air, he orders his copilot, RS-5, to activate the weapons and to be prepared to use them.

"If we ever return to this floating piece of junk, remind me to kill the person who leaked our whereabouts."

"Yes, Captain Scando."

========================================

*Far, far away, in the center of the galaxy, sat Adi-Wan in the Last Call. He thumbed his 2-way comm that he'd shared with Reagan, and flipped it on. He was alone, sitting in the corner of the bar, in darkness, trying his hardest to mask his voice. He whispered into his comm.*

((This is before Brooke sat at his table - although, posted afterwards.))

========================================

*Prior to the Salvation blasting off of the Cloud City platform, Reagan noticed a small flashing from a Comm attached to her belt. A comm that she'd never figured out why she held it still ... she even thought it to have been broken. It had been nearly a year since she had even used it ... a familiar voice came across the channel, but her face was not of joy, but rather she turned pale as a ghost ... ironicly.*

*Adi-Wan's voice came over the channel very muffled, and nearly inaudible.*

"... Red ... ? Reagan? Come in ... this is Adi-Wan. I'm sure you're aware of it, but you have several Bounty Hunters on your tail. I know it's been a long time since we've last talked ... but, I feel that you are in danger ... let me know if there's anything I can do to help. I won't let you fall into the hands of a Hutt."

*There was a long pause. Reagan began to regain coloration in her face, and after the initial shock had passed, she reached down to the comm, and lifted her trembling hand to her mouth, flipped it on, and spoke boldly into the comm ........*

"*****, you bettah bring me some muh'******' cone-yack, or i'll keeeeeeeeeeeeell, yoooooo"

Reagan looked at the droid and raised her eyebrow..."you think huh?" She made some calculations, and yelled back to YH..."Okay hold on back there here we go." She raised the ship up and blasted out of the bay at the top speed possible without causing damage to the bay. Once in space, she rechecked the droids calculations and hit the hyperdrive sending them into hyperspace towards there destination.

She turned to the droid and notice that he had slid out of the seat, looking back at YH, she saw that he to was sprawled on the floor. "you know, I told you two to strap in. Come now we need to get ready, flying into Ryloth is some tricky business."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reagan heard the voice and turned white. It had been a very long time since she had used this comm, she only kept it as a momento now as Adi was dead. Or so she thought. She grabbed the comm and spoke into it, no one save Adi Wan had this frequency, and she knew that he would take it to the grave with him. She thought he had.

"Adi? How is this possible?" She was really glad that she had walked out of the cockpit to the lounge so that the droid and YH could not see her pale face.

Reagan.jpg

First, that was said to two people in the ship, not on a comm. Second, this is Reagan's personal ship, not the ship that she has used previously...which was the swift. No one other then those with her have seen the salvation so to be able to pick it out is impossible unless you have seen her in this ship in the past week or so and Handofthrawn has never even met her.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

Yuusuke brushed himself off, and strapped into a seat.

I wonder if Scando will be suspicious if this piece of junk were to have an accident on the way to Ryloth. I can always cover the ten credits to replace it.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Zuloth smiled as he watched his movement successfully complete themselves...although he would have to find a better sealent for that one detonator. It had apparently failed him.

He shook his head and stared at lobo who was still on the other side of the now huge gap in the ledge that seperated them. Activating the rotating blasters he trained them on lobo and fired. The blasts of superheated energy poured after his opponent.

"Why should Zuloth stay here?" With that thought he turned and blasted away his swoop racing for his ship.

Edited by Guest

zuloth.psd.jpg

Siege Bushido Ryu

Sliding down, X7 found himself several levels below his prey. With a kick the therodetonator on his leg quickly detached and fell to the grounds below.

Looking up he could see his prey, but based on a number of factions he decided it would be inefficent to try and catch up.

With that X7 began to make his way back up....

You believe you are superior; that the ability to think is your strength. Yet despite your ability you still fail to realize the weaknesses that haunt you. In the end you will come to realize that you are still:

Only human....