The One a Day comment challenge! (FOR APRIL)

Tiana Calthye

What are the usual size specs on a poster? I've never really thought about it? Can you give me an overview of what a typical poster encompasses? Are there limits or colors that you would or wouldn't do? Sorry, maybe these are obvious questions, but I just want to figure this out before you start working on something.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

Size specs? Well, if you want it to be huge, it can be huge. I probably would have worked at 8x11 inches if I was drawing for you and then sized it down to 600 pixels wide for print posting. 600x1000 seems pretty reasonable. That'd be like the size of this cover?

Just think of a book cover and you'll be good.

Either I can make something with some pictures that look like your characters, or I can draw something. Drawings will take longer, and well, it'll probably be after I get back now. It can encompass whatever you want! It's like a free sig for a story of your choice.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Okay. Then that size works just fine. Advent of Shadows, obviously. Um, knock yourself out. Something with AP and Krystal would be great, and I trust your creativity and abilities enough to just say "have at it, what you come up with, is perfect for me."

apeditname.jpg

FINISH HIM.

Do you have any references for AP and Krystal? Something larger sized than the little avatars you're posting for each character sheets?

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 1 month later...

aosposter3.jpg

Ben has approved his poster and the circle starts again.

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE END OF APRIL. Ben is disqualified from winning this round.

spsig.jpg

I cannot express, with mere words, how happy I am with the AoS Poster. It's like my story decided to just become human and express itself through modern artistic digital media. I could not be happier. The position of LAP's lightsaber is really funny too.

Tiana is a fierce jungle goddess that needs to be worshiped immediately. Where the hell do I sign up for that?

apeditname.jpg

T...that Between Places poster is amazing. I really like the style.

And the AoS poster is awesome too.

I was wondering for a moment how you'd SEEN my Between Places poster, and then I realized I had a sneaky link to it in there when I was showing sizes.

Here it is for all to see!

pitssize.jpg

Thanks, by the way. Tons of hours went into painting that.

I cannot express, with mere words, how happy I am with the AoS Poster. It's like my story decided to just become human and express itself through modern artistic digital media. I could not be happier. The position of LAP's lightsaber is really funny too.

Tiana is a fierce jungle goddess that needs to be worshiped immediately. Where the hell do I sign up for that?

Tell you what: I accept Paypal, cult-like worship, and bad poetry if you can't express with mere words.

I'm kidding, of course!

Yes, it's hilarious that LAP has a glowing luminous shaft. I was thinking about that as I was making it.

spsig.jpg