The One a Day comment challenge! (FOR APRIL)

Tiana Calthye

This is your challenge: to comment on at least one fic a day until the end of APRIL! Keep track of the stories you comment on and...

Whoever comments on the most fics WINS... A CUSTOM POSTER FOR YOUR STORY OF CHOICE BY ME. (jazzhands)

Febuary winner: Lord Ar-Pharazon.

Lord Ar-Pharazon will not be able to win this round so have at it, everyone else!

Edited by Guest

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Oh, it probably would. But I don't do the FFA stuff... Ami always has taken initiative to make the list and all, since she's simply always done it.

Though is there really any purpose to such a list besides the FFA? If there's a secondary purpose for it, sure, we could do that.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I feel sorry for whoever has to sort through the stories for the Fanfic Awards this year, because I plan on upping a lot of old threads.

*dies*

Man, that really is going to be a pain in the behind.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Maybe you should just compile a list in the next couple days, and until then, I'll refrain from post diving. I'm really not setting out to create more work for you, so I can hold back for a bit. There is plenty of recent stuff I can read. I just figure that once I start looking at old stuff, you're going to get swamped.

It's too bad ATS isn't around anymore. This whole thing would have been golden for her.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

This is a great idea. Realistically I won't be able to fulfill it but I do plan on making a concerted effort to read and comment on more works. So I hope to keep with the spirit of the thing.

It's too bad ATS isn't around anymore. This whole thing would have been golden for her.

Do you know what happened to her? As a newbie she exploded on the scene with a posting frenzy that was Travis-esque, and then kinda just disappeared. I always wondered if I missed the reason or if she just tailed off and left without a word.

couldntbeseen.png

Does she know Archer is gone? She was a solid poster and great contributor to fanfic.

Yeah, she knows. I mentioned it to her shortly after it happened, as I recall. I think she's just moved on now, more than anything. I'd love to have her back though. I think she'd enjoy the site more now, as it is without Archer and a couple other choice posters who have left in the past year. I can pester her if you guys think it's worth it. Maybe Tiana can help me.

apeditname.jpg

Yeah, we miss her!

As for compiling the list...I really do not have the time right now, and probably won't until the end of March. Come then I should have plenty of time, but for the next four weeks or so I'm going to be swamped. So it's up to you, Ben. Don't let the FFA stop you from commenting on old fics if you want to.

If I may make a request, though...will you at least start with ones that have been posted this year? That will at least limit the ones that are older that get bumped.

But like I said, don't sweat it.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

I compiled and posted the 2010 list. You may now bump at will, and when Ami's ready to hold the awards, she can tidy my list up to her catagorized standards with all of the links tidily there in one list for her to access.

KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

spsig.jpg

I compiled and posted the 2010 list. You may now bump at will, and when Ami's ready to hold the awards, she can tidy my list up to her catagorized standards with all of the links tidily there in one list for her to access.

KNOCK YOURSELVES OUT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

Awesome idea, T. I was planning on going through some stories this weekend. I won't have any reservations about jumping around now.

apeditname.jpg

You havent learned by now Tiana, that you never give Ben a challenge assuming he cant do it?

AND THEN THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENS.

THIS IS NOT A BAD THING.

And anyway, he hasn't written Ami's challenge response yet.

spsig.jpg

And anyway, he hasn't written Ami's challenge response yet.

YEAH! *glares with expectation*

Here's the situation with that:

I have been thinking about it a lot actually. Trust me, it will happen. I promise that.

I'm also making a mad rush to get an AOTS chapter pumped out in the next four and a half days in order to maintain the New Years Resolution I made.

Though, here's a question. What the hell is Tiana talking about, considering she has a challenge from me pending?

apeditname.jpg

Oh yeah, it's almost the end of Febuary! Time goes by.

What the hell is Tiana talking about? The fact that you haven't done your challenge yet. The fact that Tiana hasn't done hers doesn't change the fact that you haven't done yours. Why yes, I am calling you black, pot.

Tiana has a very just reason for not having it done yet. Tiana is getting paid by someone to write an article that's due tomorrow. But tell you what, I'll post the possibly false start I had.

spsig.jpg

What counts as a comment? Because I don't think the "Hey, I haven't read anything, but I will" should count. I made a couple of those myself, and I know others did too. I would be fine only counting constructive comments and actual relevant praise. So tell us, Fanfic Mod, what are we to do?

Maybe you should be the one to count.

apeditname.jpg

No way. I told you guys to keep track of your comments yourself in the first post.

But if you guys are way too lazy and didn't listen when I said 'keep track of your comments', post here if you were participating and I will run a search on your username for posts made only in Fanfic over the last month and make a list.

As for what counts? Constructive comments and actual relevant praise. I agree that "I haven't read this but I will" does not count in this incidence.

spsig.jpg