Lehon - Jedi Temple

Kakuto Ryu

When Ads reached the hangar, the Rodian was standing next to a shuttle, touching it, seemingly staring into its soul. This was a strange enough sight in and of itself, but he repeated this process at each successive ship as he made his way across the hangar. Odd. Ads was hanging back by the entrance, unsure of how he was supposed to proceed. The other padawans seemed equally confused, which meant that there was nothing from which Ads could take a cue, so he just hung back behind the others, waiting to see what Koovo would do. When the Rodian finally chose a shuttle, Ads threw his pack on his back and made his way to the pack of Jedi with whom he was training. He had no idea where he was about to go, a prospect that he always found exciting. As he got in the shuttle, he closed the hatch behind him and found a seat.

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

• 2 weeks later...

As the shuttle descended through the atmosphere, Adenna prepared herself for what was ahead of her. It had been months since the allied Jedi and CoreSec forces had taken and destroyed the Sith Temple on Coruscant, and she had not been the same since. Repeated injuries and setbacks had left her but a shell of what she had been. She lost her Padawan, Sandy, to the monster Ar-Pharazon. She had lost her right hand to another monster, Jidai Geki. Geki had also taken from her her personality and memories after a failed attempt on her part to restore his sanity. She had tried to recover on Coruscant, but there were some things that required a Jedi touch to heal.

For the most part, her mind had recovered from the destruction it received while in Geki's psyche. She had regained most of her memories and managed to piece together a personality that was, if not here old one, at least somewhat close to it. She hadn't fully recovered and was still a little odd at times, but working with the CoreSec doctors and Jazce had helped. Ultimately, she had decided that the only way to truly get the help she needed was to return to the Jedi, so here she was.

After contacting the Order, an employee of the Jedi had been assigned to pick her up from Coruscant and take her here. He was even now in the cockpit of the small ship while Adenna herself remained belted in the passenger seat in the lobby. She took a deep breath and opened herself to the warmth of fellow Jedi. Even though there were Jedi here, the planet itself felt odd, not unlike Tython, but somehow darker and more disturbed. Her brows furrowed in concentration as she tried to discover its source, but by the time they landed, she had not discovered the origin of the sensation.

The pilot informed her of their landing and lowered the ramp. There were a few others milling around the hangar, but none stood out to her. Clutching the pack that held her few possessions, she stepped out of the ship and headed into the temple itself. She found someone who seemed to be in charge and asked them if they knew any who were gifted in the art of healing and doctoring. They mentioned a name, but only hesitantly. Since it was the only lead she had, Adenna went in search of a Padawan named Makaryk.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Dahar nodded in agreement with Aven'Ger. Arlan had gone off alone to meditate. The Jedi Master was sure they would cross paths again.

"We can attempt to master ourselves, my padawan. We can become masters of our emotions and learn to control our feelings. We can master skills and abilities, or hold the rank of Master Jedi. I don't believe, however, that one can ever be master of the Force. Certain practitioners, the Sith for example, believe they have control over the Force. But the Force is not something to be controlled. As a Jedi, or anyone in touch with the flow of the Force, we can use its power or manipulate its flow. Followers of the Dark Path can use the Force to manipulate mind or nature, to do twisted horrible things. But none of this happens against the will of the Force. It is everything and everywhere. All encompassing and all controlling."

Dahar sensed much of himself in his new apprentice. He was the warrior type. Dahar assumed that, like himself, he would find peace and tranquility in physical activity. Although Dahar was now able to be in complete commune with the Force at nearly every moment, in his earlier days it took a bit more skill. He remembered back on his early training. His masters had often tried to have him sit in silence to quiet his mind, but it was only when he was moving that he was able to truly focus on the nothingness. This would be something he needed to share with his apprentice.

"The forest here is beautiful, let's go for a run."

In the depths of his soul Dahar sensed another familiar spirit arriving at the temple. It was one he had spent much time with and could recognize easily, that of his old apprentice Adenna. Her presence brought him a small joy as he smiled in recollection of the justice she had brought to the galaxy.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

While Dr. Makaryk held his exchange with the Rodian Jedi, a nondescript shuttle landed nearby and disgorged its passenger. Such was to be expected in a hangar bay, and the event very nearly passed beneath the Jedi's notice; only the noise caused by the repulsorlift engines and the sound of landing gear clamping down upon the tarmac drew the doctor's notice, for he remained quite unaccustomed to such sounds. A female stepped out of the shuttle, and Adrian's eyes, drawn by the noisy clamor of the landing, caught a quick glimpse before turning their attention back to the conversation at hand.

The landing should have quickly dissolved from his memory. Only because the doctor, who hailed from a planet where offworld travel was either prohibitively expensive or the province of grey market or illicit activity, had almost never been exposed to the flurry of activity in an active spaceport did the memory linger. Unknown to Adrian, the female human's search for the one named "Makaryk" would eventually lead her back here. Certainly he noticed when, some moments later, the disgorged passenger returned, but for what?

"I've yet to spend my third day here, Master Jedi, and already I have seen more travel during that time than during the lifetime before it, and you wonder why I would seek the training of a pilot--"

The doctor's voice trailed off. Even as he answered the Rodian, something felt a little bit unnerving, but he wasn't quite sure what. The feeling somewhat resembled the pang of dread he would sometimes feel in the moments before a mass-casualty event flooded his emergency room, but no, this feeling was not quite the same, nor did he really have much inkling of how the Jedi used such cues from "feelings" quite yet. Nevertheless, he quickly looked around at his surroundings--and found that the woman who had left the docking area a few moments ago had returned. But why?

Adrian had yet to even begin training on using the Force to sense the feelings and intentions of others. The surgeon still had intuition, however, of a different sort--he could pick out who would live and who would die, when to commence a nine-hour operation to save a patient's life, and when so doing would sacrifice the lives of ten other patients who would find their way into his ER during that time--he had, after a few years of his work, developed a sixth sense for when his services were needed. And something seemed a bit unusual with this woman, who had re-entered the docking bay after leaving it moments before. No, the doctor could discern no visible injury, for unknown to him, she had already received treatment for such from CoreSec. Nor could he sense any injury, and while the doctor had received just enough training to use the Force to search in detail for such injury, ethical considerations stayed his hand. This was no emergency (that alone seemed quite a concept to the poor ER surgeon!), and the woman who seemed to approach him, looking for something--or someone--had yet to consent to anything.

But even if Dr. Makaryk could not quite put his finger on it, he could tell that she was somehow not well.

If the newly-arrived female Jedi had received any description of Makaryk at all, he would certainly be hard to miss. Six-foot-six, black hair, and matching black tattoos streaking down his face--the latter, especially, easily distinguished the doctor from anyone else she would likely ever encounter outside of the Coruscant undercity.

The doctor, for his part, sensed some ephemeral need, noticed someone who had returned and seemed to be looking for someone, and figured out that someone was probably him. Concern about Halo's facial expressions would simply have to wait. Instead, Adrian directed his attention to the newcomer

"Hello there! I am Dr. Makaryk; were you looking for me?"

Adenna's search led her to the hangar bay where multiple people were waiting around. One of them seemed to notice her and introduced himself. She looked at the man both with her eyes and through the Force to get a gauge of who he was because already, he was a curious specimen of humanity. She knew enough now of what was socially acceptable not to probe deeply, but she wanted to get a taste of this man who seemed so forward and direct in addressing others. According to the memories she had recovered, as a Padawan, she was nowhere near as forward around Knights. That this man not only could sense that he had detected her through the Force, but that he was suspicious and curious all wrapped up together.

"Curious," she said neutrally, "you use an outside title from your previous life, yet I can sense the Force within you. Even more curious, you ask a completely random stranger if she is looking for you while you are in the midst of a small group of others. Either you are merely hoping that I am single and would be interested in your company or you gleaned something from the Force." She arched a single brow and fixed him with a stare. "Which would it be?"

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

In his years of working Onderon's only (barely) functional emergency room, Adrian had certainly seen his share of annoyed people. Mostly, those people became annoyed waiting for treatment that might well never come, because with only one doctor for every few thousand people on the planet, the resources just did not exist to treat people presenting with coughs, fevers, or even broken limbs. Medical care tended to go to those who would almost immediately die without, yet for whom such care would not be futile. A delicate balance this was, and even with the Force, though the doctor had not known of his attunement to it, the balance was all too easy to get wrong.

And yet, here this other Jedi stood before him. Clearly, she was looking for something or someone, else she would not have come back. Unlike the masses of desperate patients who comprised all of the doctor's experience, her life was not in danger, though Adrian could sense that something was wrong. He just had no kriffing clue what. But unlike his past, he now had the luxury of time to help someone who could survive without such treatment. Or at least, he could try to, though he wasn't sure if his knowledge or experience covered whatever mildly dreadful and certainly mysterious aura surrounded the newly-arrived Jedi.

Why, then, did she seem so annoyed at him? The doctor honestly did not understand. Had he gotten this all wrong?

"I--I'm sorry," the doctor managed to stammer, his confidence undermined by the wholly unexpected accusation that he was just looking for a quick fling--a thought which had never entered his mind before (his occupation up to this point had kept him so busy that his mind, too preoccupied with work and rest, never had the opportunity to consider such things). "The latter. Or so I thought. Was something the matter?"

((Kailen, my sincere apologies. I purposefully never read your posts- I only read Ads/Adrian/Kovoo’s posts. I wasn’t told you’d joined the group.))

Moments upon entering one of the shuttles, the Naboo teen would emerge only to discover Knight Kovoo and the other Padawans engaged in something. Exactly what remained a mystery to the teen.

Amidst whatever it is that Knight Kovoo was attempting to teach the group of Padawan’s Haloburner felt a slight change in Force. However, she couldn’t pin-point exactly what the change was. Unbeknownst to her a female Knight, Adenna, had come in search for Padawan…Perhaps the elder Padawan- Adrian….

The sheer look on Adrian’s disposition- upon laying eyes on the woman (Adenaa)- caused the red head teen to wonder. Perhaps even probe the doctor’s mind- but she knew better than perform uncalled for mind probes on the poor elder Padawan.

It wasn’t until the female Knight had approached Adrian that Haloburner’s raised eyebrows stalled- though momentarily! She wanted to respond to the female Knight’s queries, but it seemed the doctor was doing a rather fine job answering each question- albeit reserved. At least to the teen!

Approaching the pair, Halo would offer the female Knight the customary Jedi bow.

“Hello, I am Haloburner. I believe-”

Halo would pause not sure why, nor what she wanted to say.

For once, the Naboo teen appeared dumbfounded! She thought of what to say to the woman, but her mind was consumed by a sudden urge…

Removing her shoe, the teen would throw the leather shoe towards Adrian. As though nothing had happened, Haloburner would continue walking towards Adenna, before finally stopping- upon reaching a couple of feet away from the woman.

"What Adrian means is he is single. You see, Adrian is , well was, a doctor who is now a Jedi. More specifically, a Padawan.”

Haloburner added while looking towards the elder Padawan’s direction.

“…Right Adrian?”

Halo finally added.

With a heavy sigh, the teen felt suddenly relieved from the embarrassment (over a stupid door bell) Adrain had caused her the night before.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

"So, everything that happens in this galaxy....is the will of the Force?"

So everything I've done, everything I was forced to do, was the will of the Force?

When Dahar suggested a run through the forest, Aven couldn't help but agree. Although he had just gone for a run, his body longed once more for physical activity. Since his departure from Rattatak, the amount of physical activity he participated in had declined. Although he had kept himself busy, he knew his skills had probably become lax. Strapping his double sided scabbard to his back, the Jedi Padawan took off at an easy pace and almost immediately felt peace encompass him.

avenger3.jpg

Kirlocca finished up his transmission within the shuttle and than began to walk out into the hangar bay. He paused for a moment, as he could feel a flurry of Force signatures crowding within the space outside. Looking out, he could begin to sense a great deal of emotion and stirring within the Force. Now was the time for him to act as a Grandmaster for the Order before him. Stepping fully out of the shuttle, he quickly spotted to array of personalities, and of each one a task was placed within his head for each one. Walking up to the Rodian, Koovo, he gave his old friend a nod and than spoke up somewhat loudly for the whole Hangar Bay to hear.

<< Koovo, I relieve you of your duty. I have need for you on Tython. The padawans will be placed under my care until further notice. >>

Kirlocca than turned to face the rest of the Jedi. With a slow glance at each one, he understood what needed to be done more than perhaps they themselves did. But he would first now have to deal with Adenna, a Jedi of whom Kirlocca believed was a strong push away from becoming one of the greatest Jedi the Galaxy has ever seen.

<< Please forgive me being so forth, but I now have a need of all of you. Adenna, there are rumors of Mandalorian activity causing riots on Haruun Kal. I want for you and this young padawan to go and investigate these rumors. >>

Kirlocca turned his head for a second to acknowledge Kailen, Halo, and Ads not far from Adenna and Adrian. They themselves would also be given something special to accomplish upon Adenna either accepting the mission before her or not.

((All of these missions will have PC interactions at one point.))

The doctor, a man who seemed oddly flustered for someone dealing with a woman who barely came up to his shoulders, weighted far less than he, and was perhaps a decade or so younger, managed to answer her question in a hesitant manner befit of a Padawan new to the Force. She herself had been like him once--completely unsure of her skills and hesitant to the point of meekness at the presence of others. This was a man who had achieved far greater things than she ever did and helped far more people than she had, yet he was not sure of himself in this situation. She didn't need to focus in on him to sense his hesitance. It was a trait not befit a Jedi, but he had time to work it out of his system.

Before she could respond, another interrupted them. This one, a girl, really, was the opposite of the doctor, and that amused the part of Adenna that still felt such things. As damaged as her mind was, she could still recognize that there was a history between these two. Either that, or this newcomer was extremely brazen to the point of recklessness. Another trait not befitting a Jedi. This one was even younger than the doctor, so she had plenty more time.

She looked at the brazen one just as she had the doctor: without expression. She knew that she really ought to exhibit more outward emotion, but that was a low priority for her at this stage of her recovery. She was pleased enough to just be able to feel emotions, much less exhibit them for others. If anything, she was more bemused and mildly annoyed by the girl's outburst.

Ignoring the girl for now, Adenna turned her gaze back upon the doctor. "You hold on to vestiges of your old life, of your old achievements. I can understand that, for being a doctor is not a mere trifle. You helped people aplenty before coming here, but now you can help them in a different way. Being a Jedi is more than simply gaining special powers, it is about using the very essence of life to protect others and improve their lives. Perhaps it is your destiny to become a great healer, but I cannot say."

Adenna fixed her blue eyes on the girl for a moment before returning to the doctor. "I am Jedi Alluyen. It is your capacity as a doctor that I might have use for. I have recently suffered physical and psychological damage from my battles with the Sith. You were right to trust your perception of the Force, for I am far from whole. My purpose for coming to Lehon was to find someone versed in the ways of the Force to do what neither I nor my nanites could accomplish in healing. I was directed to you, but it appears you are but a Padawan, barely versed in the art of healing through the Force. That is a shame, truly, for it seems that I know more about healing via the Force than you do. Nonetheless, you have more knowledge of the practical side of medicine than I, so, if you are willing, I will make a trade. Assist me with your experience and medical knowledge and I shall show you how to use the Force to heal others."

She finished as a strong and most familiar presence entered her perception. Master Kirlocca had landed and wasted no time in delivering orders, just as a leader should. When his droid began to translate his language, she listened with rapt attention. He was, after all, her superior and a leader of the Jedi, so he was owed her undivided attention as was proper. When he mentioned something about Haruun Kal, she was mildly intrigued. She offered a bow and responded, "I am honored to be assigned a mission for the Jedi, but I must confess that I am not at my fullest. I came here to heal and recover after my encounters with Jidai Geki. If you feel that I am ready or if you are willing to assist me in recovering, I would be more than willing to partake this mission."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca almost smiled at Adenna's words. Her nature seemed to team with respect, yet clearly held her own ground that she wished to hold. Slowly moving his arms up to fold them across his chest, he spoke with a much quieter tone than before.

<< Your body and mind will recover in due time. In fact, I think that this mission I have in mind will be good for you, as well as young... Adrian is it? Besides, I would prefer it if you would not get into any entanglements. >>

Kirlocca hoped that his words left unspoken would be caught onto by Adenna in understanding of what was going on.

Finally, it seemed, Halo desired the doctor's attention.

He did not need to sense it through the Force. He saw her removing her shoe, and to what end, he found out a few seconds later, plenty of time for him to catch it. The young woman even said she wanted his attention, by calling attention to the fact that the doctor was single. But with another potential master present and another unknown but very distinct presence approaching, now was not the time to entertain such thoughts. The doctor only cast Halo a brief glance before turning his attention to Adenna as she explained, among other things, her needs. Halo, impatient though she was, would have to wait.

As Adenna spoke, the padawan's confusion made sense. She clearly was not familiar with his experience, or in this case lack thereof, but she nevertheless provided Adrian enough information about her condition for him to fill in the gaps on his own. She had indeed suffered injury, but had already received treatment for and recovered from her physical injuries (with nanites--Adrian, who considered himself fortunate when he could use bacta, could only dream of using such advanced treatment!). But the pale aura of dread Adrian had sensed emanating from her could not be treated by any craft the medical profession possessed. Nay, as she described it, Adrian figured whatever plagued her, it originated within the Force. The doctor, having never treated Force-sensitive populations before, other than minor scratches inflicted upon Halo by Ads' roughhousing, had neither training nor experience in the diagnosis or treatment of Force-originating pathologies. Therefore, he had sensed that something was wrong with his instincts, both those honed from his ER experience and his barely-trained senses in the Force, but he utterly lacked the expertise needed to properly diagnose it. Hence his confused reaction, one that seemed to disappoint Adenna, if only a little bit.

However, whilst he pondered the situation, the approaching presence arrived and immediately took over the conversation. Adrian found himself unable to do anything other than quietly nod his assent to Adenna regarding the trade and training she offered; he would have to expound upon it after the newcomer had left.

The newcomer did not seem completely sure of Adrian's identity, but clearly he knew just enough to indicate he had pulled a file on the doctor somewhere. Adrian had only been with the Jedi for three days, the first of which was spent unconscious, so clearly the Wookiee had either been briefed or done his own research. He could not have known otherwise, at least without a bit of intrusive mind-prying that the doctor would've found highly offensive. Nevertheless, the doctor felt compelled to confirm his identity to the newcomer Jedi, whom Adenna seemed to hold in great esteem. The Wookiee hadn't even bothered to introduce himself to people who had never seen him before, which the surgeon found slightly off-putting. Adrian certainly would not know of the newcomer's position, or even his name, until someone told him; all he knew was that the Knight before him deferred to the somewhat arrogant Wookiee's authority.

"Yes, I am he," the surgeon confirmed.

Given how little Jedi training the padawan had, he assumed from the Wookiee's very brief description of the mission that he would be treating victims of the Mandalorian riots the Wookiee described. For that, he was qualified, though the surgeon certainly wondered how narrow his qualifications were to be sent out on missions so soon. He was an accomplished surgeon, yes, but should anything go wrong, he had little formal training in defense, and little more than a blaster. Neither was he trained in diplomacy; on Onderon, the great need of his services gave him a certain respect, and even leverage, that ensured such training was not needed. But he would not have that advantage in the wider galaxy. He hoped the Wookiee had done enough research to make an informed decision on whom to send, rather than just sending someone doomed to fail on account of inexperience simply because he needed a warm body.

For the time being, however, he said nothing more. Adenna did not seem entirely sure either, and she had already reached a correct conclusion regarding his experience. She seemed in a better position to point such concerns out than he did, at least for the moment.

Her superior had given her an order, she had voiced her concerns, and he had acknowledged them without change. There was no choice presented to her, so logic dictated acquiescence. Something still lurking in the as of yet unclaimed portions of her mind whispered that she didn't always need to follow orders blindly, but she didn't trust that just yet. There were things trapped in her mind that she didn't know, things that could be tainted by the insanity that was Geki. She could only trust what she had carefully reclaimed and sorted, and that part of her said it was her duty to follow orders for the betterment of the Order and the Galaxy.

"If you could give me whatever information you have on the situation," she responded, "I will depart as soon as a ship can be made ready." She really needed to learn how to pilot her own ship, but there were always other things interfering that took precedence. It was a limitation, one that she didn't enjoy, but she had managed to get by so far.

She wanted to appraise the doctor further, but time was of the essence. In the presence of the Grandmaster, all things were secondary. Perhaps when he left the hangar, she would have time to sort through a few things while a ship was being prepared. She still needed to resupply here, especially if she were going to be going into a potentially dangerous situation. Despite what the Grandmaster said about entanglements, the Galaxy often didn't operate based on wishes or orders. It was best to be prepared for such eventualities in case they made themselves apparent.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Grime covered her hands and char from the constant sparks that flew out of her work space mingled with the sweat on her face, but Kailen didn't care. The more she worked, the more she built up momentum and sooner or later she was accelerating throughout the hangar and finishing the repairs with such speed that it shocked the nearby maintenance crew. They were just about to clock in for their shifts, when they stopped to find that all of their work, that was normally supposed to take upwards of twelve hours, had been done better in six.

Kailen stood with her head held high and wore a smile that, even though it was slightly dirty, would brighten anyone's day. She just started to remove the heavy welding mask she was wearing when she heard a great commotion around her. It was at this time that she slowly turned her head around and began to realize just how crowded the hangar bay had gotten. The girl from before (Halo), was mingling with someone. There was another Jedi off somewhere and an older female Jedi that somehow stuck out to Kailen, despite the fact that Kailen was only able to see her from the back side.

Kailen stood in awkward silence for a few moments before her curiosity won out and she started walking over to the female Jedi to inquire about her. When she finally crossed the threshold and was just about to tap on the female Jedi's shoulder, the nearby shuttle's docking platform was released. A familiar presence filled the bay with warmth and Kailen stood there and continued to smile as her master came out and addressed the crowd. Considering the fact that she was wearing a greasy used jumpsuit and her curly red hair was in a crumpled bun, a normal person would be embarrassed in a crowd of important people like this. Kailen wasn't embarrassed though. Her expression didn't change and she smiled even more when Kirlocca came over and directed his first mission to the older woman in front of her.

The woman had a familiar voice and stood slightly shorter than Kailen. She had long black hair and a confident, severe demeanor that seemed almost alien to Kailen. She was used to more pleasant interaction and had only really encountered a few serious people in her life. When Kailen managed to get a better look at the older woman, she finally realized who the older woman was.

"Adenna! How've you been? Also..." Kailen said, bowing to acknowledge both Jedi. "It is always nice to see you master."

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Adenna arched her brow at the strange and rather dirty woman who interrupted them. The woman somehow knew her name, though she didn't recognize her. There were a lot of people here, but Adenna's attention was focused on the Wookiee who was their superior and the doctor who it looked like would be joining her on this mission. Having no time to journey through the damaged portions of her mind to discover the identity of this woman and not knowing what else to do, Adenna merely nodded in acknowledgment of her greeting.

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca, a Wookiee Jedi Master whom Ads vaguely remembered meeting years ago, approached the padawans and their new master. With a few words from the master, Koovo left. In and out of their lives in a flash. That really wasn't surprising, anymore. What was very surprising, though, was that Kirlocca was to take over their training.

We better not be lifting another damn block.

((Sorry, I was typing this yesterday (four posts earlier in the thread) and got distracted and by the time I got back to it, I'd lost my train of thought, and so I just put in Ads' thought just to get my post in.))

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

Kirlocca could sense the tension in the air, mainly echoing off the younger ones. But Kirlocca didn't have the time or luxury to afford to them. In fact, he could sense that the galaxy would need for them to mature into full stature Jedi Knights sooner rather than later. Carefully, he choose his words, knowing that he needed to calm the minds of both of whom he was sending out.

<< The information is bare. Only that there seemed to be a presences of Mandalorians on Haruun Kal. Your mission is two fold. First, find out if such rumors are true. The second is to make sure the enclave there on the planet is still operational. There are still some contacts friendly to the Jedi Order on the planet. They may be a resource for you if you do run into trouble. Contact the Jedi Council if anything should go other than planned. You may leave when your shuttle is ready. May the Force be with you. >>

Kirlocca now turned towards Kailen and Halo.

<< Kailen, I have need of you to do a little exploring for me. I want for you to take this young girl with you if it's alright. I think that between the two of you, you should be able to handle what I am about to give to you. >>

Kirlocca also lifted his paw to direct Ads closer to himself.

<< You young one, I have need of you with me. >>

The Wookiee still had not bothered to introduce himself, let alone cite the authority upon which he issued his orders (which, of course without some kind of introduction, Adrian could not know).

However, the more information the Wookiee gave about Adrian's assignment, the firmer the surgeon's suspicions that he was wholly unqualified for it became. He knew his abilities, and they were few. While Adenna (unknown to the surgeon, of course) thought he was too uncertain of himself, Adrian knew full well his abilities were intensely specialized around medicine, with little breadth outside of that one discipline. His abilities' lack of breadth excluded such necessary-for-Jedi abilities as defensive training, diplomatic skill, law enforcement, and the like.

Adenna seemed too enraptured by the Wookiee's authority, whatever it was, to raise any such concerns. Oh, sure, there had been a brief flicker when she said she had yet to recover from the nebulous doom that afflicted her, but the Wookiee had simply swatted the concern aside without even truly addressing it. After that point, Adenna blindly accepted whatever came to her, including taking a padawan with only two days' worth of training, one whom she had known but a few minutes, on a mission for which padawan was eminently not qualified and master's mental health was compromised...something was wrong. Something was very, very wrong. Adrian did not really need the Force to tell him this--it was not normal behavior.

It was a classic sign of abuse, divined not from the Force but instead from his medical training. He had seen entirely too many domestic violence cases end up in his ER at Onderon, and unknown to him, Sith Lords using Jedi minds like chewtoys made run-of-the-mill domestic violence look like a cheerful holiday party by comparison.

However, the padawan did not know from where the abuse came, and he knew he did not know, so he was not about to make accusations as to the source of it without a shred of evidence therefor. Nevertheless, he had objections to what was going on, and those objections were legion. Regardless of whether the Wookiee thought he had the time, he would at least hear them.

The surgeon crossed his arms and cleared his throat to attract the Wookiee's attention.

"Forgive me if I have no clue who you are, Master Jedi, for you have not bothered to make that known to someone who is a complete stranger to you," Adrian began, only using the 'Master Jedi' honorific because of the lightsaber clipped to the Wookiee's belt and the reaction of the other Jedi to his presence. His voice reflecting annoyance at the Wookiee's lack of manners, he continued, "Let me see if I understand this properly..."

"...You are sending someone who has been here all of three days, the first of which I spent unconscious for reasons I will not utter here, and who had never set foot outside of Onderon before that, on a mission for which his training is practically nil. I have zero training in diplomacy, little training in self-defense, armed only with a blaster, little experience in dealing with, let alone investigating, the underworld except for having shipments of supplies raided thereby, almost no training in utilizing the Force, with literally none of it in exigent situations. I know my abilities, Master Jedi, and right now, they are very few. I am a surgeon, and that is the only training or experience of note I now possess; outside of this very narrow role, I, with my utter and complete inexperience with anything and everything else, would impose a heavy burden on any such mission. Not only that, but I would also impose that burden upon a master who has already clearly stated she has yet to recover from whatever happened to her. I would not dare take someone who spent all his life piloting freighters and assign him to perform surgery without investing in some serious training first, so why do you take someone who has spent his entire adult life as a surgeon and assign him to interdiction well before giving him any training at all for it?"

A strange emotion invaded Adenna's mind as she heard the doctor speak with such passion. It took a moment to realize it was something called "bemusement." It took another moment to realize she liked that emotion that her old self had frequently experienced it. The doctor seemed to be a man of hard logic, one who relied on science, facts, and trusted procedures to guide his way. That was not always the Jedi way, though. Sometimes, you had to make a leap of faith and trust the Force and others to survive.

He did have a point about the introductions though. She had not realized how fresh he was to the Jedi and thought that every Jedi recognized one of their grandmasters. Though his comment was directed at their grandmaster, there was a sudden impulse in her to answer for him. She stepped up in front of him and took a pointed look at his body and physical condition. Clearly, he wasn't at his best as was evidenced by the slightly loose skin around his body, but he was still far more imposing than she had been when she first joined the Jedi. He was older, and an accomplished man at that.

I was not even twenty when I joined the Jedi, and I was seriously and chronically malnourished, with no discernible skills, and had only a life of terror from slavers to count for my experience. In a very short time, I joined with Grandmaster Kirlocca here to take part in one of the largest battles this Galaxy has seen in a decade of warfare. I did not do very well, but I survived and learned greatly from it. I was not at all prepared and was severely wounded. Why did I go in? I volunteered because I was needed. I was born with an innate connection to the Force and that set me apart from others and put me on a dangerous path.

"You, sir, are no longer merely a doctor, as impressive as that is. You are a Jedi Padawan. I hope you did not join the Jedi because you thought it was going to be a soft, easy life. No, the Jedi's role is to stand against the evil in this Galaxy and serve as the shield for those who are innocent. Much of what the Jedi learn is done on the streets, in action, and on missions. You cannot expect to learn everything in a classroom because a controlled environment is not what we will be facing in real life. We will be facing danger, the unexpected, and the unknown.

"I am not at my strongest, I will admit that. However, I am not helpless, either. I dare say that I am more than a match for almost any non-Force trained individual in the Galaxy and anyone in this room excluding Grandmaster Kirlocca. Even when I am not at my fullest, I am better than nothing. Tell me, doctor, have you ever been forced to pull multiple shifts even though you were exhausted and not at your best? The doctors I know do that quite frequently. They don't do it because it is optimal or because they like it, they do it because they must.

"We seem to be needed. As pleasant as it would be to allow every Jedi ample time to rest and recover, evil in this Galaxy does not wait for that. The mission we are going onto is not one that guarantees combat. We are going to do some simple looking around and to check on an enclave. What if there had been an attack at the enclave? What if there were wounded individuals there? Your skills would become quite handy were that the case, while mine might not be so helpful. The Force sends us to places where we can learn things we need to learn and where we can help. We are not going on a combat mission. The grandmaster has given us explicit instructions to call for backup if there is any such threat. Not only that, but we have allies on the planet who can help as well should we need them.

"I will not force you to come with me on this mission and I do not believe Grandmaster Kirlocca will either. For reasons we may not be able to see, he feels that you are either ready for such a task or that you would benefit and learn from being part of it. He is a powerful individual in the Force, far more than either of us. I have faith in him that he knows what he is doing despite my own personal weaknesses. Come with me and we can see what it is the Force has in store for you."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kailen was so ecstatic from working that she refused to be irritated or inconvenienced at Adenna's silent acceptance of her presence. She just assumed Adenna was having a bad day and moved onto Kirlocca just in time for him to give her a mission. It was a short request and didn't really include many more details than the word, 'explore.'

I like to explore, Kailen thought silently to herself, her smile continuing to grow despite any further need. When she was shown who she'd be working with, she laughed a little to herself and looked in the young woman's direction. "Its a pleasure to meet you (Halo) again." Kailen said with a soft bow. She reached up slowly to release the leather band around her hair and let all of the frizzy, curly, orange follicles fall around her shoulders. She was still dirty, but for some reason - even through the grime - the frame of carrot orange brought out the emerald green of her eyes. She discarded the welding mask at her feet and walked over toward the young woman to give her a proper introduction.

"As master Kirlocca said, my name is Kailen Aeli. What is yours?" Kailen said, her smile receding to something a little more comfortable.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

While Adenna's face revealed her bemusement in the young padawan, Kirlocca held the more reserved face. Through his own experience, it was nice to be within his own home as it were, unrecognized for the accomplishments he had performed over his lifespan. It was refreshing, despite the clear lack of understanding of the pecking order within the Jedi Order. With a smile, he awaited for Adenna to finish before speaking.

<< As Adenna just said, I am Jedi Master Kirlocca, co-Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. I must apologize to you. I am so used to being used as a billboard for the Jedi Order during the time of the wars that I naturally assume everyone has seen my face on the Holonet at one point in time. But as of such, Adenna is right. I will not force you to go on this mission, but I think that it would be very unwise to decline such a request. You have potential. But potential without pressure or practical practice is nothing more than a nice thought. This mission I am offering you does not bode any danger, as the request is only to confirm the presence of hostiles. And you both for the most part are unknown. Your presence on the planet should go unnoticed. >>

Kirlocca kept his gaze upon the young padawan. For the most part, there would be no danger in either of the two going. It provided some rest for Adenna, and for the two to build upon the bond that Kirlocca knew would form between the two. If the presence of Mandalorians were true, Fett would have informed him of such a thing. This was a publicity thing for the most part.

As though on cue, the teen’s shoe went flying whilst the man of the hour (who Halo would later find out to be the Grandmaster) emerged closer to the Padawans and the woman known as Knight Adenna.

Sheer embarrassment would quickly cross Haloburner’s face. However, the embarrassed look would quickly turn into a confused look and then later on a broad smile all courtesy of the conversation between the Jedi Knight, Adrian and the Grandmaster. Like a proper Jedi, Halo refrained from speaking until she was specially addressed. Even so, she took a good mental note of Adrian’s words to the Grandmaster and Knight Adenna.

Moments later when Haloburner was pair up with Kailen, she quickly bowed towards the female Knight, and then a bit lower towards Grandmaster, then finally rose to walk closer to Kailen. This would be her fourth paring in less than her three days of being a Padawan. Inwardly however, the teen cringed. Cringed due to the inevitable unknowns that may ensue with the new pairing.

Turning closer to Kailen the teen would finally break her silence.

“Nice to meet you Haloburner Lighterre is the name, but you can call me Halo.”

Simultaneously doing so, Halo would beckon her shoe away from Adrian, back to her side.

“Nice to meet you Kailen….”

Pausing, the teen would adjust her shoe back on her feet.

“I wonder what this little exploring is,”

Halo finally whispered inside the Kailen’s ear.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

<< You young one, I have need of you with me. >>

What?

Ads was dumbfounded. A grandmaster wanted--no, needed--well, on second (or is it third?) thought, he probably was just saying that he needed Ads and didn't literally need him. Then again, it was within the realm of possibility that Kirolcca actually needed Ads' assistance.

Shut up, Ads, you idiot, Ads thought to himself, suddenly realizing that it didn't matter what the Grandmaster's word choice meant. What was important was that Ads was going to be around, and possibly training with one of the greatest living Jedi. If anyone would be able to withstand the mysterious powers of catatonicity that seemed to be plaguing those who had trained Ads, it would be a grandmaster. And beyond that, IT WAS A GRANDMASTER CONTINUING ADS' TRAINING. Possibly.

"What do you need me for, Master?"

V4yWwXl.png

As Adenna spoke, Adrian seemed to lose himself in contemplation--though he did pay attention. Yes, the padawan believed that he lacked any qualification to go on missions he had yet to receive any semblance of training for. However, he wasn't quite so hardheaded that persuasion remained impossible. Adrian's own experience in the medical field required the methodology he had cited--the earliest stages of medical training, even for basic medics, relied upon classroom instruction and mannequins and cadavers for practice. Even in the midst of civil war, when Onderon's need for medics was dire, still he had had to receive such elementary training before going out and treating his patients, for a medic with no knowledge of what he did could and would do far more damage than he could heal. But what if the Force, upon which the Jedi relied, was not so specialized? Adenna's words hinted that the surgeon might need to consider that question, though she knew not to say them directly.

As Adrian pondered such questions, the Wookiee finally introduced himself. At last, Adrian could respond by uncrossing his arms and allowing them to dangle at his side. Ironically, the Wookiee's explanation for his terrible lack of manners belied the cushy life that Adenna had said she hoped Adrian did not expect to live as a Jedi.

"I have not seen the Holonet for a terribly long count of months," Adrian muttered softly.

It was true. Long had the civil war cut off Adrian's access to the internet; the war had destroyed much communications infrastructure in its wake. Even before Adrian's connection had been permanently destroyed, outages had rendered it intermittent, and he had spent so much of his life at work that he scarcely had time to use the Holonet to fill gaps in his medical training (to treat the unusual cases), let alone catch up on galactic news. Honestly, compared to his life on Onderon, Jedi life to date did seem cushy and luxurious. But neither Adenna nor Kirlocca know the extent to which Onderon had already tested Adrian's endurance and will to do what must be done, for neither had been there. (Unlike Master Trevalian, who had been there and simply did not pay attention to his surroundings.) Therefore, the doctor, who didn't wish to dwell on it, let the single line speak to his background--a background residing in a place where not even doctors could count on a decent life.

As for the degree of training required before going out into the galaxy and doing 'real work,' neither Adenna nor Kirlocca seemed to believe it required anything near the specialization of medicine. Perhaps the doctor would be useful after all, or perhaps Adenna wanted to bring him along as a contingency in the event medical services became relevant. Either way, only one response seemed appropriate, one that reflected the doctor's reservations without flat-out refusing the opportunity to learn, whatever form that opportunity might take.

"If Adenna is able and willing to bear me as a burden, then I shall go with her."

"You are a capable looking man who I am sure has plenty of talents you don't yet realize," Adenna replied to the doctor. "I doubt you will be too much of a burden, but if you are, I will just overcome it as I always have." She gave a quick bow to the grandmaster. "We will depart as soon as we can get some supplies for the journey."

Motioning for the doctor to follow, she exited the hangar and started toward the center of the Temple to find out where she could get more changes of clothes, some food, and some basic gear. "I apologize if this is not what you are used to, but in my experience as a Jedi, I found it is best to be ready for anything at any time. If you have any personal possessions you wish to collect, I am willing to wait for you to get them. We will have plenty of time to talk on the trip itself, but if you have any pressing questions or concerns that cannot wait, ask now."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Kirlocca waited until Adenna and Adrian departed before he turned towards Kailen and Haloburner, as he overheard her introduce herself. With a smile, he kept the very same composure he held while talking to Adenna.

<< Exploring it a word used very lightly here. Rhen Var has been a planet with Jedi ties to it. We are unsure what sort of ties they hold to now. Your job will be to listen in to the local vendors on planet, and to see what sort of Jedi artifacts you can find on the planet to bring back to Lehon in one piece. >>

Kirlocca motioned for Ads to move in closer. His side task would be one that could take a certain spin if the padawan not ready, but the Jedi Grandmaster was confident in the boys abilities.

The Wookiee left to take care of other business; he no longer seemed to care about confused and apprehensive minds such as the doctor's. Soon, with the others around them assigned elsewhere, Adrian and Adenna were left alone. Adrian's thoughts festered.

He could not shake the nagging feeling that these Jedi were entirely too confident in him--that they expected him to learn through some form of osmosis things better directly taught. That the Jedi simply assumed he could do things he knew not how to do. This worried the doctor, as if he would have all medical knowledge, training, and experience wiped from his memory and then asked to remove a cancerous tumor.

Could he then remove it? Possibly. Would it help heal the patient? Most certainly not. The untrained incision would merely tear the patient's body asunder, and more than just the tumor would get removed. At minimum, the 'patient' would hemorrhage blood and bleed to death within a moment or two. The doctor feared it would be the same with learning to use the Force.

"Master," the padawan appealed, figuring that he was more or less attached by assignment to this particular Jedi now. "You must understand. The last Jedi who just assumed I could do something before having any evidence to support the assumption ended up causing me two weeks of starvation."

Abruptly the doctor stopped, hesitant to regale yet another Jedi with the tale, though it be true. Admittedly, it seemed ludicrous. Halo, for one, had not taken it too well.

Master.

When the doctor called her that, Adenna's mind flashed back to her earliest years on Thalassia where slavers held power through fear, intimidation, strength of arms, and the puppet government they all but controlled. She had already known this, but to have someone call her "master" brought it back in a more... personal way. Instead of having cold, sterile knowledge of such events, she now felt the fear, the terror, and the desire to remain anonymous. It was an interesting feeling, even if she found it unpleasant.

She stopped and lifted one finger on her fake hand to emphasize her point. "Never call me, "master" again," she said, not angrily, but firmly. "I am not your master and you are not my slave, not now and not ever. You may call me 'Adenna' in private and if we are in public, 'Jedi Alluyen' or 'Teacher.' I may be your superior in the Force, but I remember enough to feel awkward having someone who is a decade or more my senior calling me by my last name. Still, protocol must be observed in public for without protocol, the universe would collapse into chaos."

They walked in silence for a few more paces while she considered how to respond to the rest of what he said. "I cannot speak for the last Jedi who made assumptions, I can only speak for myself. We all make assumptions, even if we don't know it. That is to be expected in this world otherwise we would be too paralyzed by indecision to function. That trait can be a problem if it is allowed to control us. I make it a habit not to assume without evidence or experience, but even I make mistakes.

"What do I assume you can do? From what you said, I don't assume you can consciously utilize the Force at all. As with most Force sensitives who grow beyond adolescence, you have a subconscious ability to use the Force, even if you don't know it. That allowed you to sense that I was seeking you and that I was in need of something. Were you trained, you would have sensed my approach from a greater distance and would have had a much clearer idea of what it was I was needing, but that will come in time and with training.

"Another assumption I have made is that you are hesitant, unsure of things, and most definitely uncomfortable with what is happening around you. I don't need to be a Jedi to see that, but the Force makes that clear for all to see. You will need to learn to shield your emotions, but again, I do not assume you know that.

"I assume that you are at least a moderately decent doctor, even if you are fairly young for such a position. I do not suspect you are a specialist in any particular field due to your age, and unless you were rushed into service, you probably haven't been a doctor for more than a few years. I suspect that you will prove to be valuable in at least most normal medical emergencies and will only continue to grow so after some training in how to use the Force to detect and heal injuries.

"I assume that you will not gain much from this mission due to your preconceived notion that you are not qualified or ready. This saddens me and I will be pleased if this assumption is proven wrong. Everyone should always endeavor to learn as much as possible about whatever situation they are in, Jedi or not. You need to release your reservations and accept what has happened. What is, is. I do not know what is going to happen as I have never been gifted in foresight, but whatever happens will happen and we can only embrace it on our terms or attempt to cling to the past until it devours us.

"I assume that you are more capable of handling yourself than my last Padawan. I will not conceal things from you. She was but a young girl, not even fifteen years old. I was a fresh Knight with little field experience. She was headstrong and willful with little conception of the dangers the universe holds. Even then, I managed to keep her safe as long as she followed my orders. In the battle to liberate my homeplanet, she disobeyed orders to stay in the rear and observe so that she could be part of the action. That resulted in her being captured and tortured until a friend was able to rescue her. Some time after that, she once again disobeyed orders to stay away from several Sith we had captured and ended up getting killed by one of them. I would mourn for her, but my personal emotions toward her have not yet been recovered, so I can but look back at what happened and learn from those mistakes. In time, I will recover those feelings and I may not have the detachment I have, but I will deal with it when I get there.

"Just like everyone else, Jedi aren't perfect." She held up her prosthetic hand once again and contemplated it. "We make mistakes and we must live with them. I assume that I shall make mistakes with your training, just as you will makes mistakes. I will never punish you for questioning me or a situation if you believe it to be in error. Only extremely arrogant individuals would do so. If I cannot justify myself to you or my superiors, then the decision is likely a faulty one. I would rather my potential error be exposed so I can correct it than to make another mistake. However, sometimes I will know things you do not and will insist you comply with my directions despite your protests. I cannot force you to do as I say, but should you not follow my instructions, I cannot guarantee your safety nor will I hold myself accountable for what happens. Of course, I must say that I cannot guarantee your safety even if you follow my orders, but I will not intentionally expose you to danger I do not think you can handle unless something more important is at stake.

"I would not intentionally go into combat with you at this point because I assume you know nothing of combat. This mission is not one of combat, but of exploration. I suspect that what troubles are on Haruun Kal are either minimal or will be too great for us to handle alone. If they are minimal, then this will end up being little more than a social call and a good way to let you explore a little. If things are too great for us to deal with, then I will not hesitate to admit such and will immediately summon reinforcements. I am not a vigilante who thinks herself invincible. I am fully conscious of my limitations and have no problem asking for help.

"I hope that some of this reassures you. You are always welcome to ask questions and I will attempt to answer them as fully as possible. I apologize for the length of my responses. For some reason, my psychological injury has left me with the need to fully and completely explain as much as I can on a subject. I will endeavor to minimize this as I recover, but perhaps for now, it will be a benefit rather than an annoyance."

Adenna Sig

Send PM's to Travis.

Ads inched closer to the giant Wookiee, a mixture of awe and terror gripping and enthralling him.

What could he have for me?

V4yWwXl.png

Kirlocca turned towards Ads just shortly after giving further instructions to his own padawan Kailen, and the other named Halo. A hidden smiled appeared upon the Grandmasters face, but it was almost certainly not picked up by Ads in the slightest way, as he probably has not had any real time around Wookiees to pick up their characteristics.

<< I need for you to go and prep a shuttle for our departure. If you have any belongs you wish to take with you, collect them. We will be heading off planet ourselves. >>