Lehon - Jedi Temple

Kakuto Ryu

"What'd I miss, guys?"

A seemingly simple query by Ads. However it seems the elder Padawan was much too engaged in answering Knight Koovo's question. As the doctor spoke Halo moved closer to her fellow Padawan, and then whispered. "Are you not supposed to be sleeping," the teen chided Ads, then just as quickly followed it up with another whisper. "You didn't miss much Ads."

Meanwhile the doctor was still at it. For the love of Yoda, Haloburner simply wanted the man to just get to the point. However, in order to keep the peace she simply looked engaged. She would wait until such time as Knight Koovo addresses her in person or is asked to speak by the others.

Glancing around the three other men, the teen Jedi couldn't help but think of how all this started. She desperately wanted to move the group to a room, seeing as they'd already spent enough time congregating in the hall way. But again, it wasn't Haloburner's call, thus she kept listening.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

Ads listened to Halo's answer, and then...nothing. He was simply awkwardly ignored and then Koovo had them follow him to the training room. But Ads had no idea what was going on, so he turned back to Halo.

"But who is this guy and what's going on?"

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

(Splitting the posts into two right now.)

Koovo was curious as to how the three padawans managed to form the circle that they had without any real formal training. But for now, he wouldn't worry himself with such notions, as they needed to begin their training. Carefully, he decided he would begin with basics for them, just in case.

"Alright, well I would like for you to show your basic skills. There are a few crates over there filled with supplies. Lift them into the air with the Force and try to display some control over them if you can."

Koovo stood to the side to watch them to see what sort of skills they already had and would help them if the need arrived.

Koovo.jpg

Kirlocca piloted the shuttle into the system, bringing it in for a landing in the hangar bay of the Lehon Temple. With the right codes sent, for both the shuttle and his own starfighter in tow, he would begin to maneuver the Kailen into a position for the trials shortly after landing. Granted, he understood that such trials were still far off, he would at least put her on the right path. Hopefully, he would be able to get the Jedi Order moving in their jobs without sacrificing anything to Kailen in the process. That was always the problem with a Grandmaster having a padawan. One would always suffer if they were not able to lead. Kirlocca was convinced that he would be able to handle both, but the worry would remain within his mind always until he displayed he was able. After landing, he turned towards Kailen with a smile.

<< I must address a few people, as being the Grandmaster of the Order requires me to maintain the Order. But I promise you this, your training will not stop. You must be mindful of everything you see and hear and take it as a learning opportunity if I am unable to give you full time to train. >>

Kirlocca hoped that she would understand. She was being thrust into a position she may not like, but if she could maintain an open mind, one that was willing to learn, she might pick up a few things that no training session could provide her.

"But who is this guy and what's going on?" Came Ads query to the young female Jedi.

"Well, he will be our new trainer- me thinks. Just go with-" Haloburner's words were cut short as a new set of instructions came forth....

"Alright, well I would like for you to show your basic skills. There are a few crates over there filled with supplies. Lift them into the air with the Force and try to display some control over them if you can."

Deja vu....Basic skills? Pfft and here I thought I was ready for trials- though the girl to herself. But like the proper obedient Padawan she did the man's biding.

"Okay Knight Kovoo," said Haloburner. With that, she found one heavy crate, beckoned the Force around her and lifted the thing in the air. Crate still suspended in the air, Halo looked over at Jedi Knight Kovoo as though to say 'tell me when I can drop the crate.'

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

unless you're married you're never "stuck". Now, if you're married you can get divorced but,my friends, it's cheaper to keep her.

Dahar was pleased to hear this news and hoped it to be true. It would be a shame if the Jedi's new location was already compromised. Searching the depths of the Force he quickly found the new arrival's words to be honest. The ebb and flow of the Force had indeed pushed him to this spot. Nothing was by chance, nor was their encounter. It had been quite some time since Dahar had instructed anyone. It was a sad memory for him, the destruction of Gala. It had been a place of serenity before the Sith had attacked. But nothing stays, the universe constantly changes and evolves. Creation, destruction.

"Indeed you were friend, indeed. A friend you are, I assume? My name is Dahar." The Jedi Master gave a subtle nod of introduction to Aven'Ger. "As I am sure you're aware we are on Lehon. This temple is the headquarters of the Jedi Order. I am a Jedi Master and a member of our council, part of our governing body and a representative on our behalf to the rest of the galaxy." Dahar spoke in basic terms making things clear.

"If you feel a purpose for being here perhaps you have found the right place and people." Dahar motioned for the man to relax his position on the floor, and with that hand motion threw a subtle wave of comfort, peace, and relaxation over Aven'Ger. The Jedi placed both his hands palm up on his knees, nodding for him to follow suit, and hopefully releasing his weapon. Dahar took a breath and brought the Force in to sharpen the senses. His connection with the Force was constant, never ceasing.

In the depths of his mind he felt a familiar presence entering the vicinity of the temple. Within moments he quickly recognized his old mentor and friend, Kirlocca.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

With a sigh that betrayed Ads' annoyance with having to manipulate simple objects for the third new master in as many days, he easily moved the boxes and controlled them.

((Seriously, I'm sorry about the lack of details, and I understand IC why Koovo would have us do this, but, seriously, this is the third time. You can imagine it happening however you like, as long as nothing unusual happens ))

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

The young Rattataki nodded gently as Dahar spoke. Perhaps it was his purpose to be here. The malfunction aboard his rented starship was what had brought him to this planet in the first place. Knowing what little he did about astronavigation, he knew he was lucky to have survived with a malfunctioning hyperdrive generator. So he had taken refuge on the planet, rather than risk another problematic jump through lightspeed. Since then had been surviving on fish and whatever wildlife he could find. But something had drawn him here. Thinking back, he had constantly moved closer and closer to this temple since he arrived. Perhaps this man, this Jedi, is what had called out to him, what had drawn him here in the end.

As the man before him motioned for Aven'Ger to take a seat, he suddenly felt a wave of calm pass over him. While almost immediately the tension in his muscles seemed to melt away, his mind grew somewhat suspiscious and sharper. Dahar wanted him to feel at ease, to feel comfortable. The real reason for such a desire was still a question to the former gladiator. Whether it was to put him at ease to spring or a trap, or to be truly relaxed and at ease in his presence. Aven'Ger hoped it was the later, but life amongst his own people had taught him trust was not something easily earned. Placing his sheathed sword between himself and Dahar, the pale warrior moved to his knees, his palms flat against his thighs as he sat back on his calves. Aven'Ger slowly began to control his breathing, taking deep breaths, in through his nose and out of his mouth. Closing his eyes, he began to focus on the waves of calm that seemed to still pass over his body and mind. As he slowed his breathing, his focus began to turn inward. He began to feel something deep within himself. Focusing on the presence within, he felt it rise within him like a storm, a hurricane of rage and hatred that quickly consumed his focus.

Blood erupted from the chest of a human male as the vibroblade buried itself to the hilt in him. Quickly pulling the blade free, he ducked the swing of a spear and brought the blade up, slicing through flesh and muscle and bone. He watched briefly as the spear fell to the ground before removing the head from his now armless opponent....Sparks showed him as a vibroblade met his own for a brief moment before withdrawing to strike again....The crowd roared as a dead body fell to the sands, blood pouring from the many wounds that been inflicted upon the condemned slave.... A warrior, covered in green scales shielding him from a blow that would have surely felled him, his own blade striking the attacker, opening up his stomach, allowing his entrails to cover the bloodied sands....The burning of sore muscles as a fight continued, blow after blow being rained down upon both combatants....Rage and hatred building as a silver blade descened upon the exposed neck of a reptilian gladiator...

A roar erupted from within Aven'Ger as he quickly pulled out of himself, his hand naturally reaching for his blades before reembering where he was. A thin film of sweat covered his face as the memories faded once more. Although he could always remember the things he had done, he had never before felt them as if he was there. This time he felt as if was once more committing the acts. And worse, what he could remember was sharper than how he had seen things before. Every sight sharper, each sound clearer, each feeling far more intense.

avenger3.jpg

Dahar kept his figurative third eye open and focused on Aven'Ger. The young man was clearly adept with the Force as he did not have much trouble entering into mediation. It was soon after this that a disturbance in the Force arose. Although it would take extreme concentration to completely read his new friend's mind, with his natural connection to the Force he received a brief picture of the distress and pain he was in. The scenes were that of a gladiator. Hatred and conquest, a thirst for blood. This was all too familiar to Dahar and reminded him of his own grim past.

Aven'Ger was clearly distraught. Dahar sought to comfort him with positive words. "Good, good. Only one with great potential and a clear connection to the Force would be able to achieve such a deep level of concentration. In time you will learn to control your thoughts and quiet your mind. We all have a past my friend, but we cannot dwell on things that have happened if we wish to move forward. As a Jedi I am a follower of the Light Side of the Force. Peace, serenity, justice. The Sith, or practitioners of the Dark Side, allow their past to drive them. They hold on to feelings of pain and hatred to strengthen them. But, in time, it will consume them and twist them past recognition and eventually be their demise.

The Jedi can guide you to let go of your hatred and suffering, or at least use it to promote peace and justice." Not all Jedi would agree with Dahar but his own plight and that of his friends came to mind. His former apprentice Adenna, now an accomplished Jedi Knight, had used her hatred of slavery to liberate the people of Thalassia.

"The path you choose is up to you. If you wish to follow the way of the Jedi, protectors of the innocent, keepers of the peace, I can help you."

Wiping the sweat from his brow, Aven'Ger took short shallow breaths to regain his composure. He could feel his heart racing from the memories. The memories of his time on Rattatak were ones he tried not to dwell upon, but each time he allowed his mind to quiet, the sights, sounds, and feelings from his past returned with vengeance. If this man, this Jedi, was offering a way to clear the rage, clear the hatred, clear the guilt from his mind, then he would surely accept.

"I wish to learn the ways of the Jedi."

avenger3.jpg

"I wish to learn the ways of the Jedi."

"Good, I can help you there. I will take you as my apprentice. In time we will both learn from each other." Dahar said this because as much as each pupil would learn from his master, a teacher would also be shaped by those he guided. By the questions they asked and lessons they learned together.

"The ability to calm and quiet the mind is one that takes careful study. As sentients it is only natural for our brains to race. Thoughts pop in and out of being and we feel it our duty to address them. In all actuality the things we think, feelings, thoughts we perceive, are like mere flies on a bantha. Yes, they are there, but we do not need to dwell on them in the ways we are used to. Many years ago I too was a slave to my emotions and thoughts. It has taken much discipline to learn how to exist outside of myself."

Dahar took a breath and felt the oxygen flow in to his body. Careful observation was an invaluable technique to a Jedi, something his mentor Kirlocca had taught him long ago during his training in shatterpoints. The Jedi Master quietly watched Aven'Ger for a moment, breathing, being. With the all seeing eye of the Force he was able to grasp a single oxygen molecule in the air and follow it. It passed through the young man's mouth and down into his lungs. There it was changed, part of it diverted in many pieces carrying nutrients through the bloodstream, and part of it simply leaving as something different. Dahar could sense the blood pumping through his veins, his heartbeat.

"A Jedi receives his discipline, his strength, from the Force. It flows through everything, and is everything. Without it there would be nothing. I know this may sound like theological mumbo jumbo right now but you will learn to understand."

The Jedi arose and invited Aven'Ger to follow suit. He pointed across the room, the two of them still being in the sprawling main lobby, "That lady over there will assign you quarters. After you are settled feel free to find a hot meal and then meet me in the courtyard outside of the east wing. I will be waiting for you there."

Meanwhile, Adrian followed the Rodian and the other two padawans down the hall, to what appeared to be a supply room. Halo seemed like she was trying to hide her thoughts (not entirely surprising, given the incident with Joreel earlier), while Ads seemed more openly disappointed at having to do the same thing yet again. For his part, Adrian didn't much care--he found it difficult to share Ads' apparent resentment when he himself had only just arrived, and no one (not even including himself) fully knew his as-yet-underassessed capabilities.

Obviously, Adrian Makaryk would be nowhere near as practiced as the other two padawans, for unlike the others, he had enjoyed only those few moments of instruction that Ads dreaded repeating. For him, the exercise would take much longer==moments instead of seconds to muster the expenditure of energy required. When at last his mind cleared and he found himself drawing upon this newfangled Force with a sufficient throughput, he lifted one of the crates a couple inches off the ground.

The doctor did not expect to have to fling it across the room for the instructor to notice this time, as he had for the boulder earlier. So after a few seconds of holding the crate hovering just high enough off the ground for it to be loaded onto any potential waiting forklift, he set the crate back down. His telekinetic manipulation was certainly slow, suggestive of a new arrival, but nonetheless carried an aura of precision and control that came naturally to the surgeon, who presently stood up.

By now, he'd lost interest in manipulating the full crate--instead he telekinetically opened it.

Ever hungry, like an oversized raccoon, he just had to know if there might be food inside.

(OOC: Sorry I took so long--I missed that there had been a post.)

Aven'Ger was slightly surprised that Dahar would personally train him in the ways of the Force. He had expected to be sent to join other beginners, even possibly children. But it seemed he had already formed a connection with the Jedi Master. With any luck, this connection would help him become strong in the Force, and even better, help him forget about his past. Although he saw images from his past on Rattatak every night, it had been a long time since he ha felt the emotions as deep, yet so near that it seared his flesh raw, as he had when he apparently "touched the Force."

As Dahar told him where he could go to find quarters, fresh clothes, and a hot meal, Aven'Ger nodded and slowly rose to his feet. He gripped his sheathed swords and turned from the Jedi Master. He made his over to the lady he had been direced to. As he neared the woman, he noticed she was not human. She was a blue Twi'lek. Within an instant he had immediately taken in every bit of information he could grasp from her appearance. Although she was dressed in the loose clothing of the Jedi Order, he could tell she was possessed of a curvy figure. And although one could think of her as nothing buy a pretty face, the way she carried herself showed she knew how to handle herself, and some of the curves he could see probably hid a muscle definition one would not expect of a pretty face. The callouses on her right hand showed she wielded the Jedi weapon at her hip a majority of the time with her right hand.

"Please follow me, padawan."

Nodding Aven'Ger followed her, keeping his eyes alert for anything out of the ordinary. But what would out of the ordinary look like at a Jedi Temple? He was sure the children levitating blocks of durasteel, doing one handed handstands with their eyes closed, young teenagers wielding swords made of pure energy and deflecting blaster bolts from training remotes was the norm here. Maybe it would require a feeling within himself in order to determine something out of the ordinary.

"These will be your quarters during your time here."

Taking a quick look around, the young Rattataki noticed the very spartan conditions. A simple bed, a nightstand, a chest, a wardrobe, and a refresher. It was everything a person would need to live the life of a monk. Perhaps that was what was required to forget ones past and free ones mind. Removing his armor and underclothes, the pale skinned gladiator steps into the refresher and begins to wash away the remains of his life in the wilderness. The feel of the hot water and steam seemed to caress the tension and exhaustion from his muscles. As he made his way back into the room, he felt a small pull to the wardrobe. Opening the door he noticed several items of Jedi apparel. He quickly donned the undertunic and laid down in the bed and allowed sleep to overtake him.

avenger3.jpg

Dahar took the opportunity of his padawan's absence to get in some brief exercise. He had yet to explore the Lehon countryside and found a run through the nearby forest to be quite exhilarating.

It was late afternoon when he returned to the temple. The Jedi Master headed for the courtyard and found a nice tree to sit under and enter a state of relaxing mediation. There he waited for his apprentice.

Koovo almost broke out into a full smile at the reactions he got from all three. While very different, they showed him very clearly where each padawan was at. With a quick raise of his hand, he used the Force to lower the creates down for them.

"Very good. But perhaps maybe too good. A Jedi life is one that requires the most from any living person. But take heart, the connection and affinity you have with the Force is one that allows for you to endure."

Carefully, he turned and motioned with a single wave of his hand for the three to follow after him.

"But for now I think it is time you all pack and meet me in the hangar bay for a bit more training that could further you along."

She received Kirlocca's message and nodded acknowledgment quickly, showing that she knew what he meant. She didn't know where to go for the learning she sought, but she found herself drawn further in to the temple regardless. Kailen waived goodbye to Kirlocca and kind of awkwardly followed her feeling into where a number of ships were docked. She didn't know who they belonged to and at the time, she didn't really care. For the moment, she was just staring.

She could feel the fuel cells calling to her. Each nut and bolt began to sing to her in different frequencies based on their density, their purpose, their structure and their color. Each piece had its own particular rhythm to it and the entire ship was a symphony of motion and colors cascading together in a wondrous array of inhuman elegance. It was amazing and it felt as if Kailen had been missing this feeling for so many years. All she needed now was some tools and she could go crazy.

If only I had my hydrospanner, and my hammer. If I had my auto screw driver with attached latch cover, I might be able to seal that leak over there.

Kailen circled a number of ships locating imperfections and wishing she could fix them. There weren't too many people around the docks though, so she didn't really have anyone to complain to.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Releasing her attunement to the crate, Halo would allow the Jedi Knight to complete moving the crate down. Her old self would have kept suspending the crate while Knight Kovoo attmpeted to release it. BUT like the proper Jedi Padawan, she cautioned her inate desire against it.

When the man’s final instructions came, Haloburner simply gave a forced smile, followed by the customary Jedi bow.

“Yes, Knight Kovoo,”

Uttered the teen girl.

With that, she proceeded to exit the training room, but not without sending a nudge towards Ads and the elder Padawan.

“About time we left this room. Where do you think we’re heading?”

Halo was certain Ads would receive her telepathic nudge. The doctor, she wasn’t so sure, but time would tell.

Per Knight Kovoo’s instructions, Haloburner packed her few belongings. Shortly before exiting her chamber, she accessed the datapad provided by the Order. She needed to double check the said hanger bay- seeing as Kovoo did not mention which hanger bay to report to. Information in hand, the teen Jedi exited her chamber and headed to the hanger bay.

"Hopefully Adrain would have no trouble locating the hanger bay-"

Halo thought while waiting for the others to arrive. The thought of him getting lost suddenly brought a faint smile on Halo’s face.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

Lehon’s history was an interesting one in that it served as the grounds for several notable milestones throughout the course of known history. It was a tropical world, comprised mostly of large bodies of saltwater bespeckled by lush, green terrain. Its star, Abo, once served as the source of power for the Star Forge, an ancient, automated space-based factory that had been long since destroyed. Responsible for its creation were the Rakata, a humanoid species that, although extinct, carried their legacy through text and the minds of the ever-wondering. Though they were technologically advanced for their time, how they managed to successfully go about constructing such a paramount weapon – even with their natural affinity to the Force – was beyond comprehension. Times changed, though, and Lehon had ultimately been chosen as the site for the construction of a new Jedi Temple.

Popping out of hyperspace above the gargantuan blue orb, Arlan Vass referred back to his navigation computer to give himself a better idea of how close he was to his destination. It was a basic interface and pleasingly self-sufficient despite not being an artificial intelligence. Unlike Armiena’s ship, however, his YT-2400 required some form of manual control, whether it involved plugging a set of coordinates into the system or raising a hatch to get from one room to the next. Given the appropriate amount of credits, he would have gladly invested in an AI to match the efficiency of the Ghost Breath, but he had barely enough to afford the docking fee on Dantooine.

Much to his relief upon touching down in the temple’s hangar, no jumpsuit-clad workers hurried to haggle him out of another fifteen credits. He was allowed to lower the loading ramp and disembark without a hitch, leaving the responsibility of carrying out any post-flight checks to his R2 unit. The warm, humid air of Lehon’s surface was all the encouragement he needed to open his robe and begin making his way inside. It was not long before he came upon a courtyard and the peculiar nudge of another Force presence. The signature was surprisingly familiar, cuing him to seek out its source near the base of a large, old tree. ((Dahar.))

“It is not my intention to upset your meditation, Master, but I cannot help but wonder; do we know each other?”

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

Dahar sat in a state of relaxation beneath a shady tree in the courtyard. The afternoon sun beat down on him and filled him with the energy of the Force. A Jedi could live this way, almost like photosynthesis. As he breathed calmly he reflected on the jobs to be done. It had been some time since his last apprentice and even longer since his own training. There was much he wished to share with his new companion but he wanted to make sure not to overwhelm him.

The Jedi Master could sense someone coming towards him in the distance. When the man spoke he opened his eyes. The young Jedi before him had felt out Dahar therefore giving some of himself over to the master's awareness. He could feel the Force flowing through him. Dahar had not yet seen this man before with his human eyes but he did indeed know him.

"All is known through the Force, my friend. The same rich energy flows through your veins as my own. I can sense you are aware of this, you are a brother Jedi." Dahar motioned for the man to join him beneath the tree. "Join me if you wish."

Quite some time had passed since Arlan last had contact with someone other than his R2 unit, so he knew he looked worse for wear. His hair was disheveled, his robes encrusted with dirt, and his eyes seemed out of focus. Yet, despite his outward appearance, the man displayed an air of concord. Confidence. He spoke in a strong, firm tone of voice, one that bordered on command but did not cross into callousness. When Dahar made his offer to join him, Arlan acquiesced, finding a suitable sprawl of grass to kneel on no more than three feet away from his fellow Jedi.

"My name is Arlan Vass. Perhaps you have heard of my master, Armiena Draygo?" His chest was suddenly met with a sharp jab of pain, an unpleasant reminder of the grief he felt for his late mentor. In many ways, she had been like a mother to him, taking him under her wing when he was just a child to train him in the ways of the Force. Her dedication to the Order and its members had encouraged him to follow a similar path, which was part of the reason why he had chosen to visit the temple that afternoon.

"She is dead. I am here seeking a conclusion to my apprenticeship."

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

Kailen's freckled nose wrinkled at the site of poor ship maintenance. A dissonance of the former mechanical harmony - that brought her so much joy before - was peeling the skin from her ears with its painful tune. Her hands ached as she neared each ship and she almost cried when she saw that one of the support pieces of a piece of landing gear was badly deteriorated. The piece needed to be replaced before this ship landed again or it would break. She was surprised that the thing was still upright.

She didn’t have a replacement part though and the tools weren’t here right now, even though it was clear to her that this was a hangar with multiple docks for the various ships that the Jedi used. If she had to guess, the maintenance crews would have a place to store their tools somewhere close… If only I could…

Kailen turned around and immediately found that she was no longer alone. Someone had just walked in and appeared to be waiting for something, or someone. The person in question was female, about the same height as her, if not taller, and her hair was blonde. Kailen didn’t really know what to say, but she figured saying nothing was equally as awkward.

To make it seem like she wasn’t being weird, Kailen walked over to the woman (Halo) and greeted her with a welcoming hand and a smile. “Hello, my name is Kailen, what’s yours?”

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Upon receiving instruction to proceed to the hangar bay, Adrian's mind immediately filled with thoughts of dread. The doctor had had to dodge slugthrower projectiles and cross underneath lines of blasterfire to treat casualties during the most recent Onderon civil war, and yet somehow, he still managed to deem the task of finding the hangar bay the utter doom of his time. All color, save the black of his tattoos, drained from his face, as his eyes grew wide and an utterly terrified expression sprouted therein.

For the doctor had arrived at the Jedi Temple only seconds away from fainting. He had been carried out of the hangar bay, unconscious, by medical teams. Therefore, the would-be Jedi had no way to retrace his steps, for the final steps had never had occasion to enter his memory. The accursed man had spent some three hours wandering the halls of the Temple in what seemed a hopelessly futile search for his classroom, oh why oh why must he repeat that dreadful experience?

"Maybe I should just follow Koovo..." the initiate mumbled, well aware that such would require him to abandon the instruction to return to his quarters to collect his belongings. But Adrian did not much care, for he had few such belongings anyway, and he already carried the vast majority of them in the rucksack he had brought with him in the first place. Surely, if Koovo knew about his earlier experience, he would understand. Or at least give him a map.

Then another thought struck the doctor--who also happened to be by far the tallest and, by somewhat of a lesser margin, also the physically strongest person present (or at least he would be, given a bit more time to recover fully from the starvation he had inflicted upon himself to be here in the first place). Had Halo seen his mortified expression upon being told to get lost in the hallways of the Jedi Temple again?

Oh, dear.

Aven'Ger tossed and turned during his rest. Sweat beaded on his brow as his heart raced in time with his thoughts. His muscles clenched, tightening in response to actions taking place within the young padawans mind. Dark dreams of violence filled him, robbing what little sleep he could find of any replenishment he washoping to find. Once more the actions of the Rattatakis past haunted him. Through his own eyes he watched, helpless, as his own blades cut through fleshand bone, spilling blood upon the sands of Rattatak. The roar and screams of the crowd as their favorite fighters either prospered or fell filled his ears once more. The feel of cold steel gripped in his warm hands brought a sense of satisfaction that Aven'Ger knew he should not feel. The comfort of his armor brought a sense of calm that only one who had come close to death and been saved by a mere inch of plastoid could know. But even the relief of knowing he had fought and earned his freedom could not save him from the guilt of all the lives he had taken, especially the one that meant the most. And once more the, the reptilian head filled his mind, for only a moment before the feel of hot blood splashed over his face.

The young man awoke with a gasp as once more the visions washed away with the light of day. Wiping the sweat from his brow, Aven'Ger rose from the bed. Cupping water in his hand, he splashed it on his face; as if the cold water could wash away his sins. Nothing could wash away the sins of a mans past. Pulling out a leather backpack, the Jedi apprentice beganto pack what he would need to continue his training with Master Dahar. His new overtunic and tabbard he neatly folded and placed at the bottom, the soft brown robe he lay on top. He placed a canteen of watter and several ration bars in side pockets. Strapping the leather utility belt around his waist, Aven'Ger strapped his swords to the side of the pack and made his way out of the temple. Deciding to clear his mind a bit, he took off on a run. Back on Rattatak, he could had been given some freedom to run outside his owners home in order to train. The perk of being a champion he was told. Since his first run there, he had been able to find some solace and piece of mind in the long runs. He never kept track of distance of time, only running until he was where he wanted to be. Unfortunately on Rattack he had always ended up back the home of his master.

As he ran through the Temple he received surprised looks from several Knights and other apprentices. Deciding to quickly make his way out of the Temple, the padawan made his way out of the main Temple doors and hit the beach. The brown leather boots he had donned as part of his new Jedi apparel were surprisingly light and moved through the sand with ease. The sound of the ocean waves lapping at the shore quickly washed away all thoughts of his past. His sole focus was on the sun shining down on his bare arms. A smile crossed his face for a moment as he thought of the effect of the sun on most human species. Most human species would tan and grow darker with exposure to the sun, but not him. His skin would forever be pale white. The cry of the birds filled his ears, replacing the roar of the crowds, and allowing serenity to envelop him. After awhile even the burn of his muscles felt pleasant. For a short moment, Aven'Ger wasclear of mind, his past not weighing him down with anger and hatred.

After a long run, the padawan arrived back at the Temple, sweat dripping from his forehead. His undertunic, once loose around his chest and abdomen, soaked through, clinging tightly to his muscles. Deciding to search out Dahar, he quickly found his Master speaking to another Jedi beneath a small tree.

avenger3.jpg

Ads felt a Halo's voice creep into his head, destroying any possibility of thinking about whatever it was he was thinking. It was...it was something...but having a new voice in his head was rather distracting, and he completely forgot what was in his head.

“About time we left this room. Where do you think we’re heading?”

Ads turned to Halo with a shrug. He wasn't sure if it was okay or weird or what if he answered a telepathic question verbally, so he just let the silence hang there for a moment. His eyes drifted from Halo's down to the floor and he started to slowly nod as a couple of expressions paraded across his face, displaying the awkardness of the moment as well as this sentence is poorly worded. And awkwardly worded. It indicated an awkwardness that is also a good descriptor of this sentence and the two preceding it. He spoke up again, "Well, I'm going to go pack. I'll see you at the hangar bay." Ads sensed a twinge of uncomfortability in Adrian. "It's that way," Ads instructed as he headed into his room.

Ads gathered up his belongings and left for the hanger bay, excited for whatever exciting locations and adventures lay ahead.

V4yWwXl.png

Koovo, well aware of the surrounding situations each padawan was now facing, walked into the hangar bay with a soft step. Even with a room full of people, he walked up to a shuttle and placed his hand upon it. As he did, his eyes closed for a moment before he opened them. With a shake of his head, he moved on to the next shuttle and proceeded to do the same thing. The onlookers, as Koovo was sure there was more than one, must have clearly been wondering what the Jedi was doing, but decided to ignore the looks and continue his own process that he was doing. Upon opening his eyes on the second shuttle, he shook his head and moved on to a third shuttle where he also did the same process. But this time around, when he opened his eyes, he just grinned as much a any Rodian could, and waved his hand at a nearby R5 unit. The droid immediately started to roll towards the shuttle and entered it, doing all the prep work for the Jedi.

Koovo than sat down, crossed legs with eyes open as he just simply stared out towards the entrance of the hangar bay. While he was certain one might ask him a question as to where they were headed, or if they saw his own process he just used to select a shuttle, might bring forth a conversation. But the Jedi knew that such questions would not provide anything for the padawans, so his answers would not be given. But he was sure they would ask anyways. Once they all arrived, they would depart.

Language in hand, Halo simply allowed the Force to lead her to her new master. His force signature was rather faint, but the female Jedi nonetheless took the risk. Moments upon walking through each shuttle, she was quite hesitant, but her priced kept her from seeking direction. The third shuttle, however, revealed the man Haloburner was looking for. By all accounts it appeared Halo was the first Padawan on board.

Walking up to the man Haloburner gave the customary Jedi bow. With that, Halo walked past the seated crossed legged man, and then proceeded to secure a spot for her language. Moments thereafter, she would find herself a seat and wait.

4q1r2v.png

Sig courtesy of Sasori!

Much to poor Adrian's relief, Halo hadn't seemed to notice the mortified expression of utter doom that befell Adrian upon the thought of getting lost (again) wandering the Temple halls. Or at least if she did notice, she didn't seem to care that much. Therefore, Adrian, who presently carried his rucksack full of personal belongings--mostly rations of various sorts, the comlink the Jedi had given him, and partially-replenished medical supplies--had little problem simply following the Rodian, thereby avoiding his doom of getting lost.

Upon arrival, the Rodian Jedi walked to various shuttles in the hangar, and stopped for a moment at each, but what exactly he did with them, Adrian Makaryk did not know. Was he inspecting them, perhaps? Adrian did not ask, but instead remained silent, still a bit unsure of why he was here. The slightly-confused padawan had boarded a ship precisely once in his life--for his trip from Onderon to Lehon--so he knew practically nothing of them. He had flown only once before, and had been so exhausted, he had scarcely realized it at the time.

The Rodian finally seemed to stop at one of the shuttles in particular, as if selecting it for some imminent use. For his part, Adrian knew nothing of piloting, but he seemed to sense at this time that the life of a Jedi was a mobile one, requiring constant travel to wherever in the galaxy Jedi were needed. Nor would there always be others to chauffeur Adrian around, nor did Adrian ever expect there to be, having never had access to anyone to "serve" him anything beyond a meal out, not even a protocol droid. It had taken him years of study to become a surgeon, but ever since a previous instructor had sought to rush his training, he had known that would not be enough to carry himself as a Jedi. Even the best surgeon was utterly useless if he could not reach his patients. To say nothing of the various other duties of a Jedi.

Adrian presently realized he required training to become a pilot. He somehow sensed this. And he still knew naught; an altimeter would have baffled the man at the moment, as had the doorbell earlier. Nevertheless, as with all things, as with the telekinesis from earlier, the eldest padawan of the group had to start somewhere.

"You will teach me how to be a pilot?" the doctor asked the itinerant Jedi Rodian instructor.

Dahar had never met the former Grandmaster Armiena. When he had joined the Jedi Kitt had lead the order until his death and succession by the current two Grandmasters. The Jedi master had met her husband however, both alive as a Sith and in spirit as a Jedi Master.

His interested perkep up at the usage of the word "conclusion". Often a young Jedi was over-eager to take the trials, but many times they were indeed ready. The Jedi Master felt out through the force attempting to sense the light side within Arlan. He was strong in the Force, no beginning padawan.

Dahar nodded in acknowledgement. "If you feel you are ready to take the trials I can have that arranged. Is that your wish?"

As Dahar asked this question his own apprentice entered the area and approached the group. He was wearing his new Jedi garb and had a sense of refreshment about him. The Jedi Master stood to greet his padawan and introduce his new friend.

"Arlan, this is my apprentice, Aven'Ger. Aven, this is padawan Arlan Vass. He has journeyed to Lehon to finish his training as a Jedi."

Dahar spoke to both of them, "As a Jedi nears the end of his apprenticeship, under most circumstance he will take the trials of knighthood sanctioned by the Jedi Council. However, once a Jedi becomes a knight his studies are far from over. A Jedi never stops learning, myself included. Becoming a knight is symbolic of being cut loose in to the galaxy. It is then that deeper learning can happen. As a knight you are also expected to take on an apprentice of your own."

Kailen was a little perturbed that a fellow Jedi (Halo) ignored her, but figured that it had something to do with what she was here for. Kailen chose not to press the issue though and instead of getting heated or furious, Kailen moved past the young padawan when she moved further into the hangar, and raided a nearby supply closet. She retrieved a few handy tools, including someone's used Hydrospanner, which was one of the most beneficial tools for an engineer in the entire 'verse. Used or not though, she immediately put the hydrospanner between her teeth, spun her hair up in a wrinkly bun and hung her robes on a nearby hook. I'll be back for you later.

When she left the supply closet she was dressed in an oily and dirty jumpsuit that loosely fit her and she looked with glee at all of the ships. Each one sang out to her in their own distinct need and she made her way to the nearest one. It was an average stock class of fighter with only minimal modifications. All things considering it was top of its line as far as battle effectiveness, but a fuel cell was loose and if it cut off in deep space then the fighter would be nothing but an expensive hunk of metal in space. Kailen took the hydrospanner from her mouth and felt the ship's hull to determine the exact coordinates of the affliction. Then, when she could see the part in her mind, she visualized the quadrants of the panel in front of it; she dissected the cavity; isolated each particular piece and immediately set to work removing the fastners, bolts, and screws. Each thing that was undone was set into a familiar pattern on the floor to make reconstruction easier and when the interior was exposed, Kailen stuck herself in as far as she would go. She began to familiarize herself with the wiring flowing through the ship like the veins of a mighty beast and worked at a feverish pace when she finally spotted it. The loose fuel cell.

It was hanging on by a thread, just asking for the slightest misstep, but now that Kailen spotted it, she hopped back out of the ship to retrieve the hand welder she had on the floor, some heavy gloves and a thick metal mask with a thin slit for limited, but safe visibility. She pushed the small metal button on the handle of the welder and ignited the tip to test it. It was gas-less, which was a good alternative from the gas based combustible welders of old, but these powerful electrical implements would sometimes malfunction, which meant to either buy another one, or spend a few hours repairing the welder itself. Kailen was glad then that the blue luminescent flame burst from the tip, because she really wasn't looking forward to repairing a welder.

With the test complete, the young Jedi made sure her Protective equipment was secure and she lodged herself back into the ship through the open panel. Sparks flew from the open panel and whistling would occasionally precede it, but soon Kailen was finished and she set everything on the fighter back to where she found it. Then she moved on to the next ship and proceeded with a similar process.

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Koovo opened his eyes upon hearing the question asked of him. With a frown, he wondered if the young man knew what sort of grammar he was using within his speech. Standing up, he took a moment to look at Adrian before responding.

"I thought you were here to become a Jedi? I can teach you to become a Jedi, but a Pilot, that would require for me to be a pilot. But I can impart to you some skills involving piloting."

Koovo took a moment to reach out and sense where the third padawan was at, as Halo seemed to be in a hurry to get her part done without having interactions with her fellow Jedi.

Aven'Ger nodded as his new Master spoke. He let the words sink in as he thought on them.

"So being a Jedi is really about bettering ones self by helping others. A Padawan learns about being a Jedi from his Master. When he becomes a Knight, he learns about himself by helping others against darkness. Then by becoming a Master and taking an apprentice, he learns more about himself through his apprentice. He does this as he teaches the new generation of Jedi about being a Jedi. Thus we are forever learning, never quite being a "true" Master."

avenger3.jpg