Dantooine

Ary the Grey

Grinning, he stopped outside the low-set structure and thumbed the door's control switch. ”œIf I drank that much, I'd add another two hundred years onto my life.”

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

Le'Nin was staring eagerly around and had to restrain herself from pouncing upon a gorgeously refurbished vintage hyperdrive interface with a cry of delight. "I need," she said with a grin. "A ship. What've you got that'll work for a girl with itchy mechanic's fingers?"

LeNin-1.jpg

Dev tapped his chin. He held up a finger as if to indicate that he'd be right back, then ducked out the back door of his shop. Seconds later, he walked back in and motioned for the two of them to follow him.

”œI guess he does have something for you,”

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

Le'Nin was grinning like an idiot. "This place is like a candy shop. He's got some stuff I haven't see in YEARS. I could spend myself broke in here and not have half of what I'd really want!" She had to restrain another delighted pounce at yet another piece of machinery.

LeNin-1.jpg

He laughed. ”œMy father was the same way. He'd spend hours in here, going through all the oddments. He was a gearhead himself.”

Le'Nin tailed Dev like an eager puppy, exclaiming over one piece of machinery or another, breaking from time to time into the chittering Rodian language to exchange a flood of excited talk. After another few moments of poking around, Dev handed Le'Nin a datapad and she examined it, her eyes getting round.

"Oh wow," she said, a half groan. "That's killer. Arlan--come take a look at this hull Dev's got. It's WAY more than a hull, actually, and a sweet little piece of work!"

LeNin-1.jpg

Dev warbled a total and Le'Nin groaned. She replied rapidly in Rodian, her tone of voice injured--and the bargaining began. They were at it for nearly half an hour with Dev and Le'Nin alternately behaving as if the other were being totally unreasonable. In the end, however, both seemed pleased.

"It's still more credits than I have to get the hull and the rest of the things I need," she admitted to Arlan in an aside, "but he says he could use me here for a few days to make up the difference." She grinned at Dev. "You softie," she called over to him with a snort, and the Rodian threw his hands in the air and shook his head with a muttered comment. Le'Nin chuckled.

LeNin-1.jpg

Vega grimaced, naming a total that was really outside her spending range. "But he doesn't have anything else I could work with. Well--" she corrected herself. "He does, but what I save in cost I lose in time. It'd take months to outfit any of his others. Besides," her eyes got a faraway, dreamy look. "it's custom."

She looked down at the datapad again. "I don't mind spending a few days here helping him overhaul a few things. In the end I think I still come out the winner--besides, that deal includes more than just the hull. It's for the other things I'd really need to make her functional. I just won't be able to afford that stash of caf I was hoping to buy." she gave a dry chuckle.

Edited by Guest
LeNin-1.jpg

Vega was, without a doubt, much like Arlan's father. A gearhead through and through, though the kindest person one could ever hope to meet. He respected her for that; not because she reminded him of Jon Vass, but because she was a unique individual whom he had come to respect and like very much thus far. When she mentioned spending the following couple of days at Dev's shop to acquire the parts she was after, he nodded.

”œI understand,”

The ground laid furrowed by years of torment at the hands of rounds from high-caliber artillery, and no-man's-land was scattered with thousands of shell fragments. The dead had not been laid to rest, but left to rot on the battlefield.

But they never decomposed. Technically, they weren't even bodies; they had never even died.

Instead, they writhed in the throes of death for months””even years””spilling their blood on the ground. They clutched at their wounds, screaming in pain; some had even come to cutting out their exposed flesh and entrails with their bayonets in hopes of tearing away the cause of their agony.

It never worked. Their guts torn open, they were left to suffer for eternity without any hope of a reprieve, giving their blood as a fertilizer to a ground that would never see life again”¦

Armiena woke up with a start and sat up shaking in her bed, beginning her day with a curse. Her sleep had not been pleasant, punctuated by the occasional dreams””nightmares, more accurately””of unworldly pain and torture being inflicted on other people. A cold hand pressed to her forehead came away damp, slicked with cold sweat. Worse than these dreams, however, was the fact that they had always been connected to some new catastrophe: there was a recurring nightmare that Armiena tended to suffer when the war was escalated.

This one, however, was entirely different. The old dream of a blood-filled University of Aldera was familiar enough to her by now that she could sometimes sleep through it, instead of coming to wakefulness by thrashing about under the covers in an attempt to defend herself. Aryian had never had to watch her wake up that way””that dream had mostly faded away the last few years, and their duties kept the two of them apart so regularly. However, if her plans came to fruition, Armiena would never have to be separated from her husband again.

But this nightmare was new; it had no connections to anything that the Imperials had ever done. In fact, the wanton destruction in this dream was more similar to an entity that the Jedi Grandmaster had encountered years ago, when the Rebellion controlled Coruscant and she was just a Jedi Knight. She had thought that those beings had departed the galaxy for good.

As she rolled out of bed and fastened her white robe around her waist, Armiena ordered the Ghost Breath's artificial intelligence to trawl the Holonet for news of unworldly events. By the time she relieved herself and gotten to a state of acceptable hygiene, it had succeeded in compiling a list of several thousand events and even collated them according to their nature and significance.

”œLet's narrow this down, Ary””frack””Gee Bee.”

drayyy.png

Arlan had managed to ”˜convince' Dev to lend Vega one of his speeder bikes, which would get the Vultan back to her ship. Force Persuasion certainly did have its uses.

Some time passed, and eventually, he left Dev's shop to meet with Armiena back on the Ghost Breath. Before he took his leave, though, he pulled his companion aside as the Rodian went on to inspect the rest of his stock.

”œArmiena and I are going somewhere,”

• 2 months later...

The Gladiator came back to orbit. Where once it had visited to drop anti-matter mines through out the space of Dantooine, it had come again with the same mission profile.

Operating in the same manner as before, the only real difference was the lack of the bounty hunter. Having preformed this operation before, the men on the ship, were well aware of the dangers involved. However, it was not punishment that continually brought the men back here this time to replenish the mine field. It was not punishment for the men, nor for the population down below. It simply was an order. Perhaps an order dealing with a bigger picture then the men or the population could hope to understand.

Still no doubt both groups felt a sort of punishment were being inflected upon them. The Gladiator stayed well out of the range of the mines. hanging back near the space lanes and letting the troopers and ships purposed for mine laying to take care of it. It was eager to leave republic space however, as every moment it stayed increased its chances of attracting a significant rebel force.

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

• 6 months later...

The shuttle came out of hyperspace, almost instantly Reptilia noticed the mines, he didn't know what they were however. He neared one, after a few moments passed as he stared at it. "Sithspit," He cursed, navigating a minefield was not something he enjoyed. He cleared his mind as the ship pressed on, Rep carefully steered through the mass of mines making sure to keep his distance from each one. It took a couple of minutes but he finally escaped the clutches if death.

The ship came to a clean landing in an open plain, Rep made his way off of the ship and stretched. He looked around to see where they were, reaching out he could see a few caves and animals, some rivers and lakes, and some interesting fauna.

((I don't really know if the mines are still in play since it's been months.))

repsisig.png

The dramatic piloting awoke Trushaun. Her usage of the Force drained her mentally and she just needed a break. Rep navigated through what appeared to be a mine field. Making it through to the planet un scathed, she was impressed.

The first few breaths of the plant, Dantooine, filled her lungs. She felt so alive. This was a remarkable place. There was so much living in the air. The Force was aaboundant in this place. She couldn't wait to start learning the ways of a Naturalist. She looked to Rep for the game plan. Eager to start with a smile on her face.

Trushauncopy3.png

"So, let's start out with the basics," He said as he looked around, he gauged the distance that he had to work with. "You might have heard stories of Jedi who had the ability to move at unbelievable speeds. Well, you're about to learn how they did that," He said with enthusiasm. "What you have to do is let the Force take control, let it guide you. Once you're comfortable with it and let it augment your abilities you'll be able to run, jump, and perceive at levels you never thought possible." He turned from his padawan and relaxed, in a blur he was gone. Rep sprinted down the field, he kicked off a tree and then returned to Trushaun.

"Go."

repsisig.png

The fosh listened to the Kel'Dor. He was becoming easier to listen to as time went on. She listened intently as Rep explained and demonstrated. Trushaun was amazed at how fast her master went. She never knew this was possible! This was a skill she must have.

She smiled and relaxed, closing her eyes and breathing regularly. There were nervous feelings all around the Fosh. Although she was doubting herself she felt the Force in her veins. She took off in a dead sprint. The Force flew through her veins! Although it was defiantly not enough to match Rep's speed, she felt confident that this would be satisfactory.

Trushaun came up on the tree faster than expected, but she reacted in a split second. She felt the Force rush through her upper body as she lunged forward, pressed her hands against the tree, spin her around and come back to the Kel'Dor. The Force flew through her faster the second time, shown to be because of her concentration. She was doing in, it was possible so therefore she moved just a hair faster. Stopping at her master she caught her breath and looked for a sign of approval.

Trushauncopy3.png

Rep was impressed that Trushaun had picked up the technique so fast, he knew that she was ready for the next step. He stretched as he began to speak. "Good, you're a fast learner. The next thing is very similar, you will apply what you just learned but this time in a much more vertical way."

With that Rep jumped, displaying how high he could jump normally. Then he concentrated the Force into his legs, as he leaped up this time he made his first jump seem like a bunny hop in comparison. As he landed he bent his knees to absorb the impact. Then he looked at Trushaun again as if nothing had happened. "It's really not that difficult but it can save your life in a pinch."

repsisig.png

Trushaun wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead. "The Force....It comes naturally to me in this place, although I struggle to live with it." She sighed. Onto the next exercise.

It was basically the same method of running faster, she just needed to fuel it going vertical. A strong look of determination came across her face. She jumped regularly.. a good meter off the ground. She exerted her muscles, a good meter and a half. Fosh were really lightweight, but she could jump higher if it wasn't for the metal bonded to her bones.

Now it was time for the Force to run through her. She let go and called for the Force to guide her actions. She jumped. Same height as last time. She exhaled and concentrated on three meters. She jumped, it was still not high as she liked to, but she defiantly felt the Force rush through her in a chaotic storm. She jumped again, this time only a few centimeters higher. She fell to the ground and landed on her rear-end. The Fosh sighed, she was unhurt and she just learned a new skill. She smiled and chirped up at her master.

Trushauncopy3.png

Once again Trushaun had managed to pick up a new skill without too much trouble, he had expected to take all day to teach these techniques but she was excelling at everything he threw at her like it was nothing. She was obviously a natural at the basics, only time would tell if it carried over to more advanced subjects. He pondered for a moment on the idea if she was ready for the next step, she seemed to be but he didn't want to rush into anything to fast. He concluded that the only way to find out was to try...

"Good, good. Now I want you to apply both those concepts at once, get some speed and use that to jump farther and higher than before. Don't try to overdo it and hurt yourself however" He said, he then waited patiently for her to complete the task at hand.

repsisig.png

Running her fingers through her head-dress feathers. These tasks were starting to have an effect on her body. She was growing fatigued. Listening to Rep say to combine the two. This was easy to do physically, but mentally, this was exhausting. She let herself go into a slight phase of the Force Meditation that Rep had taught her.

A few moments of that and she was prepared once again. She looked down-range at the tree her master had jumped off of just moments before. She inhaled and started to sprint to the tree. The Force empowered her and accelerated her to a faster speed. The tree came up fast. She looked for a branch about two and half meters up. She jumped for it. Trushaun just couldn't jump that high, so she grabbed the lower branch, swung around twice on the branch. Letting go she flung up to the branch. She perched up on the branch, straddling it. She exhaled and wiped the sweat off her brow.

The Fosh was in another light, meditative state. She clasped the branch with her fingers. She felt the Force rushing through the branch and into her. What a wonderful feeling. Smiling she jumped down and made her way back to her master. Feeling quite refreshed.

Trushauncopy3.png

The Knight was happy with the progress that Trushaun had made, she was grasping the principles he was teaching through jumping and running. She had also remembered the meditation that they had practiced on Gala. As his apprentice came into ear shot he began to speak to her.

"That's excellent, I think it's time to move onto something a little more advanced. This technique is much different from running and jumping, instead of using the Force to augment your own abilities you'll expel it from your body in the form of a push. I'll demonstrate." Rep stepped away from Trushaun and extended his arm out. "You want to concentrate your energy, and focus it into you hand or hands depending on the situation. It's important to control how much energy you use, too much and you'll tire yourself out faster and too little and it won't accomplish much."

He finished speaking and released and Force push, the wave exit from his palm and shot into the field. It wasn't too powerful of a wave but it still picked up some dirt and grass as it traveled. Rep turned to Trushaun, "Think you can handle it?"

repsisig.png

Another task. She was learning quite alot. Enjoying every minute of it, no matter how tiring. Trushaun concentrated, she had no idea how to manifest the Force outside her body. But she would try! She turned to see the plains. Visualizing what she wanted to do in her mind as she did it in the physical world. The Force flew through her arm and into her hand. It collected in a little ball in the palm of her hand. She moved her arm in a pushing motion. The ball launched from her fist and did exactly what Rep had just done. An invisible force pushed the grass back and made some dirt fly up.

Trushaun heaved a sigh and looked over at Rep, smiling as she was soaking in everything he taught her. She was on the road to be a Jedi.

Trushauncopy3.png

"That's it," He said, he knew that she was ready for something more dangerous after her display. He looked around and searched the area, this time however he was searching for traces of the Force. He nodded to himself and turned back to Trushaun.

"I want you to use everything you've learned so far during the next test. You will go along that path," He stated as he pointed to a small dirt path. "Until you come to a cave, that cave will have some peculiar crystals on the wall and ground. Find one that speaks to you and grab it. Inside the cave you might come across some creatures, if they attack use your training saber, the Force, or this if you have to," as he finished he grabbed a blaster from his holster and handed it to his apprentice.

"May the Force be with you."

((Take as many posts as you need.))

repsisig.png

Trushaun looked at her master as he indicated the task he laid out. She would be on her own for this one. Grabbing the pistol she stuffed it in her belt. Never before had she laid a hand on a weapon like this. Rep was expecting her to get into trouble. Well. Nobody told her this was going to be easy. Following the dirt path, she became more aware of her surroundings. There was just long grasslands with a few spotted trees and several rolling hills. Off in the distance there were a few animals. Questioning her droid companion the AI went onto tell her about Kath Hounds and some of their behaviors. If you could tame one, it would be a loyal pet. Maybe a later time. She wasn't sure of her boundaries of taking on such challenges.

It was about two kilometers later that Trushaun did infact find this cave Rep was talking about. She ventured in, noting her surroundings as she went. Inside was very dark and wet. Luckily the droid had just enough light to see five feet in front of her.

She sighed, there were several tunnels to pick from and most likely they would never met up again. She reached out with the Force for a few moments. She strained, wrinkling her brow she had been concentrating so hard. Then”¦An explosion of the Force! It was such an overwhelming feeling that it made her head-feathers shiver. The young Fosh started to walk down the left tunnel. Walking cautiously, she came up on an oddly shaped creature with four legs and a tentacle. It lashed out at her with the tentacle. She fell backwards to dodge it. Hitting the ground with a thud, the creature didn't hesitate. The thing was up on her in a heartbeat. Allowing the Force to guide her movements she dodged left and right with her torso. All the meanwhile she tried to reach for one of her blades. Rocking back and forth she managed to free one from the sheath on her back. With an incredible amount of energy she thrust the blade into the creature. It let out a grueling yelp and collapsed upon her.

Trushaun let out a huff as she pushed the creature off of her. Getting back to her feet she dusted off her clothes and put the blade back into its rightful place. Looking up she let out a frightened yelp. There was a man standing there in robes much like Reps, but this was a human.

”œVery Impressive”

Trushauncopy3.png

Rep watched as his apprentice walked away, as she left his view he turned away. He decided that in the free time that he had that he could get some rest in, he was rather tired from piloting and needed to close his eyes. He checked on Trushaun, she had made it to the cave so he strode back into the shuttle and fell into the piloting chair. With one last breath of relief he shut his eyes.

repsisig.png