Star Wars: Reclaimer (12/21/08: Chapter 16)

Minus One

It's coming along nicely. Um... I'd suggest using [these tags] or for Force messages, or italics, rather than single quotes, as those are a lot harder to notice and seperate.

Your writing's improving wonderfully. This is good stuff. It flows in one direction while still keeping suspense to it.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Rats. Something I missed. My fault:

To'sa used the Force to pull the lights out of the excavation site's walls, making Throlik's men worthless while at the same time, allowing her lieutenants time to recover.

The comma before "allowing" shouldn't be there.

I loved this line:

”œI can see into your eyes... you don't care much for art do you?”

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

crawl2.gif

Chapter 11

The Prophet of Objection appeared from the darkness of the makeshift stage in the room and addressed the assembled members of the Covenant.

”œMy children, we have been left in a bleak, dark place. Truth's trust in the Elites and the appointment of an Arbiter became our downfall. Now we sit in the cold; a hell for all eternity.

"Truth's overzealous actions have brought upon the destruction of the Holy Rings, and denied us all from partaking in the Great Journey.”

hbsig.jpg

Man oh man, lets just say I might need a diaper.

Plot wise, I am getting a massive kick out of this. Like when the Sith lord was revealed I felt the need to back read a few things just to see the strings oull together.

I was confused for a little while with the apprentice and the korbin thing. But I got that under control I think.

However, Lord Hood on a Halo? Man yousa is crazy. May he go the way of captain keys.

No what really got me excited was not one but two refs to sirrea 117. I mean this is kind of like Halo 4 for me at this point. Only Star wars chars got added into the mix.

I think the best thing you ever did was have more than one story going on, that will eventually it looks like lead off into being one big story.

I am a big fan of having multiple things going on in a story, and while this one isn't as masterful as a few others, I still liked the idea of having to tell like five stories at once, and slowly make the five stories into one massive story told ffrom different points of view.

Anyway.

"OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Seeing as how tomorrow (the 25th) is the anniversary of Halo 3, I have a special chapter for you all!

Chapter 12

To'sa stood in a defensive stance across the room from Throlik. ”œI may be a scientist, but I do have my battle armor. Your Force powers will be useless against me.”

hbsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Chapter 13

/ This facility was designed for study. \>>

/ It was designed as a prototype, in the event drastic measures were needed. However, it is prepared to fulfill the duty shared by it's predecessors. \>>

”œWell, that answers one question.”

hbsig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Eeee.

"Bellicose.

Snaphiss.

DARTH Bellicose."

But I do agree that it felt too rushed, that first scene, as if it was a dream and not reality. Regardless of whether he's not big on talking, I think it wanted more descriptions...

Zomg. Liking it so far, though. It's leading somewhere.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...