A Different Place

I have recordings somewhere, but they're mostly not in a format I can put on the computer. But if I ever can, I will.

Now, more story! Things begin to happen just a little.

Anakin was awakened by the unpleasant sensation of being unable to breathe. He sat up quickly, gasping for air, grabbing for a tissue and attempting to clear his nose. He tried to clear his throat as well, and ended up causing a terrible coughing fit that left him completely exhausted. Angela came running.

”œOh, dear! Anakin, you sound awful!”

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

Jeff's using Episodes I and II to establish credibility. He wants Anakin to go "OH FORCE, these people know some of my worst secrets!" so that when he does see Episode III, it won't seem quite as preposterous to him.

You want chicken soup? Why?

I do not particularly like chicken soup.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

Good job with Ani's reactions, Ani. I enjoyed how he felt and thought about Ep. I. It's like watching old home videos of yourself when you were little, but with great quality.

Mmm...chicken soup. Mmm...chicken! I'm chicken starved. There is no good chicken here in Africa. Only little, tough, scrawny, expensive things that aren't worth buying and cooking.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Thanks, Ami! This is the point where it changed purposes - less for humor and more of a real "What if Anakin saw the movies?" I, unfortunately, didn't figure that out until I had finished the story, so there will still be planty of silliness in places. I may actually edit out some of the more purposeless chapters if they don't contain any valuable information.

So you are in Africa?

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

Well, it's your story and you can do with it what you'd like.

Yeah, I've spent the last year in Mali, teaching two American kids. It's been an AMAZING experience. I really love it here. Alas, I come back to the States in about two and a half weeks, so I'm saying goodbye. And it's sad. But I do look forward to seeing my friends and family again!

amipaint2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

DOUBLE POST ALERT! (defiant stance) Here's more!

Anakin did not remember falling asleep on his makeshift bed on the couch; he only knew that he had just awoken. The house was dark and quiet; the whole family was asleep. The chrono over by the television read 12:07 AM. The last he recalled looking at it, the display had said 10:43, so he couldn't have been asleep for more than an hour and a half.

It took only a moment or two of wakefulness for him to discover the fact that his right nostril was entirely plugged. He got up and grabbed a tissue from the box on the end table and blew his nose, which instantly clogged again, this time in both nostrils. He grabbed another tissue and tried again, with the same results. The pressure began to build up in his head, and he realized that his decongestant medication had run out. He searched for the box on the table, but could not find it in the dark; Angela had probably put it back where it belonged. He had no intention of waking her to find it for him, so he got up and quietly walked the house in his bare feet, hoping that the motion and a change of altitude would loosen his congestion.

It helped a little, so he continued walking, even when he began to get cold. It was only when he felt he was falling asleep on his feet that he stumbled back to the couch and collapsed onto it.

He woke again, shivering. He'd crashed on the couch with no blankets covering him, and now he was paying for it. He glanced at the chrono ”“ only 2:30. He'd slept less than half an hour.

He got up again, visited the refresher, then returned to his spot on the couch. Pulling the blankets around him for warmth, he tried to go back to sleep, but his stuffy head kept him wide awake. He tried breathing through his mouth, but that dried out his throat and made him thirsty. It was at least an hour before he finally dozed off again.

The next time he woke, it was nearly 4:30. This time, he was awakened by that all-too-familiar, shivering-hot feverish feeling and insistent aching in his head and limbs. His ears also hurt, protesting painfully of the heat and the pressure building up inside his head.

He sluggishly tugged at the blankets, trying to pull them closer around himself, but they slid back onto the floor with a thump. He was too groggy to reach for them again, so he lay there, shivering, dozing in and out for what seemed like a very long time.

After a while, he began hearing thumps and muffled voices, signifying that the members of the family were waking up. Lights began to go on, and Anakin groaned and turned his face into the pillow. Then he felt a tickle in his nose and sat up quickly to grab a tissue. His head spun, and he nearly fell off the couch, but he did manage to snatch a tissue before sneezing loudly and painfully. Then there was another tickle, this time in his throat, and he launched into a coughing fit.

Angela, still in her bathrobe and slippers, came into the room to check on him.

”œAnakin, are you all right?”

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

A point to what? Him watching Ep2 or being sick? Yes, there is a point to both, though for each it's pretty small. I had only been writing for 3 months when I wrote this, and I wrote for a much lower-quality site. Let me reiterate, I probably wouldn't post this if I didn't want to post the sequel which I am still working on. I tried to revise this chapter, but it was really long and I actually cut some of the reaction out to make it less obnoxiously long. Seriously, this used to be two chapters, but they didn't have enough of a point to post separately. Yet I couldn't edit them completely out because some stuff later now sort of depends on them. But at the time, I was just enjoying making Anakin miserable. And I didn't get to start revision until after midnight, and I got tired and did too quick a job of it.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

• 3 weeks later...

Another double post! Blame it on Ami for not posting on the last chapter!

When Anakin awoke the next morning, he felt much better physically than he had for several days. No headache, no achy limbs, no sore throat ”“ and his fever was almost gone. He had some lingering congestion, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it had been.

If only his mind felt as good as his body. He was still hurting over the issues that had been resurrected the night before, and he realized that he was finally going to have to think them through, to deal with them in some way.

Luckily, he had plenty of time for thinking over serious issues. Despite the fact that he felt all right physically, Angela insisted that he take it easy ”“ ”œeasy”

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

OOOOOOOOO!!!!

Glad to see he's recovered, and glad in a way to see him meet 'Vader' muahahahhahaha!

I FEEL THE SAME WAY ABOUT HSM TOO.

However, I don't see much point to his snow shovelling, other than passing time and getting mixed up with 'Earthly' implements. (Ok, I wouldn't know a snow shovel when I saw one too.) Well, but then, I'm a sort of minimalist/pragmatist , I like stories where every part of the story is relevant towards a certain goal, whether the furtherance of a theme, or aluusion to sequels down the road etc.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Oooh...two updates because I somehow missed one!

I love tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches! Yummmm.....

I enjoyed Ani's reactions to AOTC as well. And I really liked his reaction to the poster of Vader.

DON'T LET HIM SEE EPISODE III!!!!

Obi-Wan better get back soon.

Oh, and lol at High School Musical 2. I can't say I've ever seen it (though I have seen the first one), but I have a good imagination, and I loved his attitude toward it.

More??

amipaint2.jpg

Yes, yes, more there will be... Yoda, I am not... patience you must have, I got in a bit of trouble last night for staying up late enough to edit this one. (kicks wall) Crazy moms who get up at 2:30 in the morning...

Oh, and lol at High School Musical 2. I can't say I've ever seen it

TRUST ME, YOU DON'T NEED TO! The first one was almost tolerable; the second one almost killed me. I admit, I used Anakin as a vehicle to vent my own sentiments about it in this chapter. It is a horror film!!!

WARNING! SPOILER AHEAD!

DON'T LET HIM SEE EPISODE III!!!!

Ummm.... (blinks) no. Sorry.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

• 1 month later...

Ok, by no stretch of the imagination have I read through all of this (way too much), but I like Anakin having to watch the movies. Gives it almost a 'A Christmas Carol' feel to it. With the ghost of Christmas future yet to come, as the last post indicates. I'll try to get to reading this, but long chapters discourage me as I don't like reading something that long on the computer.

hbsig.jpg