Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

Kitt almost laughed when Kirlocca asked about a wild turn. If only the Wookiee Master knew what has transpired over the past few days, he might not have said what he did without a smile upon his face.

"A wild turn indeed. The contained attack on Kashyyyk that I have investigated has come up with a few short leads that will likely turn into a bigger mess if I push it anymore then what I'm doing now. On top of that, Kashyyyk has made it clear that they are demanding answer as to whom has come to their home at the threat of becoming an independent system, which makes the Jedi involvement all the more worse. And to make matters worse, I have over-ruled the Sith as a potential suspect. My only lead is the Hutts at this moment."

Kitt decided against informing him of the encounter that he had with the Dark Lord and his apprentice, whom was only recently here before the two Jedi arrived. He would wait to tell them why rebuilding the Temple was key, and why it's importance had increased.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Kirlocca frowned upon hearing the news from Kitt's mouth. It appeared as if the galaxy was setting up for something that they didn't even know what was coming. Kirlocca could feel it, and he was sure that Kitt could as well.

<< Ignore Kashyyyk's demands. They are in no position to demand anything out of the Jedi, let alone any other faction for that matter. We are not a group that can be dictated. >>

Off in the distance, Kirlocca could hear the sounds of a few shuttles approaching. They would most likely be carrying the crew that would work with him in the rebuilding process of the Praxeum. Turning his head and full attention back to Kitt, Kirlocca spoke with a great conviction.

<< This feeling that we feel echos from within the Order. We may have to face the reality that in order to save the Order, we'll lose the galaxy. >>

Kitt acknowledged what Kirlocca said. Kashyyyk had been hurt over and over again by the galaxy. A few more instances might just drive them to withdraw from the galaxy, if they don't try to start a war with it. But for the feeling in the Force was indeed echoed from within the Order. While there were clear plans from the Sith Order to wipe out the Jedi, they would not be the ones to cause such damage. And he wasn't sure the Jedi Order would have to strength to do what is need for survival.

"That is a reality that I am hesitant to face. But now isn't the time for it. I must make race with all speed to Nar Shaddaa. The power has been restored, which means the security cameras are active. Carefully choose where you put out information, or even discuss it. I shall return once I finish business on Nar Shaddaa. Nishtant and Dean are both resting here. I shall return to pick them up."

Kitt didn't wait, as he needed to make his journey fast and quick. He could feel that his presence would soon be strongly needed for the galaxy, even more so with the Jedi Order. He shouldn't delay any more then needed.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Kirlocca watched after Kitt as he left the Jedi Praxeum. He couldn't help but feel that the galaxy would soon show it's full intentions, and those whom are guilty of such evil plots would be dragged out into the open. He just wasn't sure that the Jedi Order could survive it long enough to be vindicated for all of their hard and long work. But now he couldn't think upon such things as it was not his place to do so. And now, Qhaullia, his old Wookiee friend was walking through the entrance of the Jedi Praxeum with a few extra beings behind him in tow. Offering a bow before them, he was the first to speak.

<< Qhaullia, I am so glad that you have arrived safely. I trust that you are willing to help get some of the best high-tech equipment installed within this place? >>

Qhaullia was a very distinct Wookiee, with white and black fur mixed all over his body. He wasn't as in a fit shape as most Wookiees, but he was one of the best when it came to technology. He was well known for installing sensors for small outposts that could track weapon fire from a far distance, as well as building stealth satellites to feed more direct information. The equipment was indeed illegal by all factions, but at this point, the security would be developed so that no one outside of Kirlocca, Dahar, and Qhaullia would know. And Qhaullia was loyal to Kirlocca. He would never rat him out. Qhaullia then spoke very happily.

<< You know me Kirlocca, always willing to bring the very best 'special equipment' in to bring the max efficiency. Where should I get started? >>

<< I would instal the sensors in the bottom two levels. Make sure to clear and purge all forms of bugs that you find down below. I'll go to work on the security and comm center and purge all bugs there as well. >>

And as simple as that, Qhaullia left with his men to go to work in the lower two levels of the Jedi Praxeum. Kirlocca turned and faced Dahar and nodded his head in the direction of the security room so that to two could go to work in keeping the Jedi secrets, secret.

Dahar watched as the Grandmaster left. There was much going on in the galaxy and he could only imagine the responsibility in being the head of the Jedi Order. He prayed for the safety of Master Kitt in his ordeals.

It wasn't long after this that a portly Wookiee arrived at the temple. Dahar smiled in his interactions with him, clearly he was a friend of Kirlocca. Dahar had to chuckle at the mention of special equipment. He had always been an "ends justify the means" type guy, that is, until entering the Jedi. But of course bits and pieces of his former character were still hidden deep underneath...

Kirlocca had beckoned Dahar to follow him off, so Dahar followed.

"Master Kirlocca, are there any specifics of this mission you would like to fill me in on? Also, I ask in eager respect, when may we start my teachings in Wru'torr?"

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

Kirlocca walked side by side with Dahar as they journeyed the very short distance to the security room. As they entered, the Jedi Master pulled out what he so loved to call, a popper. The device was small and always on Kirlocca's belt. It echoed off a very high pitched frequency that could become annoying to most beings in the galaxy, but no bug could ever handle. They would eventually just pop as their circuits would fry out. As he activated it, he turned to face Dahar to respond to his questions.

<< The mission is to revive this Temple into a Praxeum that can withstand attacks. It's our job to get everything programed and designed in such a way that it would require an army to invade this place, and one that would be willing to sacrifice a great deal of their own to accomplish it. That and Kitt believes that holding multiple locations would upset the driving threat the Council feels within the Force. It echos from the Dark Side, so we are choosing to separate and become sparse throughout the galaxy. The need for this Praxeum has greatly increased because of some of the recent events. >>

As he finished talking, he shut off the popper and began to sniff the air for any fried circuits. He wasn't too worried about talking before he was done, because all the bugs would pick up was the high pitched sound anyways. He only found one, and he couldn't tell if it belonged to the Jedi Order, the Sith, the Galactic Alliance, or any other criminal faction, so he simply discarded it.

<< As for Wru'torr, it begins with your own mind. You can start now by slowly feeling out the Force. Feel your own body, every little breath you take, the flow of blood, each heart beat. As you begin to feel it, stretch out and begin to feel mine along with your own. And then begin to add those below us. This is the very basic of the form. Harmony between the Force and the body. >>

Dahar listened as the Jedi Master spoke. He too could feel it. His senses were not as strong as Kitt or Kirlocca's but in the back of his mind he could catch a glimpse of what the Wookiee was referring to. The formation of the Galactic Alliance would not be the saving grace for the galaxy.

"Yes Master Kirlocca, I too sense a disturbance in the Force. Although for me it is very faint. However, it was much amplified when we arrived here, as if the Dark Side has left its stain on this place."

Dahar then heard the Master's instructions. It had been some time since anyone had a lesson for him.

He did as instructed. Closing his eyes he opened himself up to the Force. He slowly let go of his thoughts and allowed his mind to quiet and hear the whispers of the Force. He counted to five with each inhale, and again exhaling. He imagined being able to see the air he inhaled. With each breath he took part of the galaxy into himself. In his body he took in the very essence of everything, used it to further sustain himself, and with exhale created something completely new. It was a part of himself mixed with the galaxy. Because, after all, the Force binds all things.

Quieter still Dahar was able to hear his heart beating deep inside his chest. Just as his lungs did with the air, his heart took in, transformed, and let back out. With careful concentration he could almost see inside himself. Blood flowed through his heart, but he could feel deeper than that. Water and nutrients passed from cell to cell, everything in a brilliant dance guided by the Force.

Now his task grew more difficult, for he attempted to sense the same things in Master Kirlocca. Deep in thought Dahar concluded that all beings have a sort of gate guarding their essence. The Force of course passes through the holes in the gate, and that was his way in. However, he was not the Force, only a servant and wielder. Master Kirlocca's metaphorical gate seemed open to Dahar, but he could tell that under certain circumstances the Jedi Master would be able to close himself off, being overwhelmed by perhaps only the strongest Force users, or no one at all. Would he himself someday possess such control?

Dahar allowed his energy to flow through the Force back and forth between himself and his Wookiee mentor.

Kirlocca continued to work in the security room as Dahar did all of his Force training. He could feel down below the random movements of his old friend Qhaullia and his crew as they worked to place in one massively large piece of equipment as they removed any form of bugs that they might encounter. Strangely enough, the sensor being built down below was the most crucial element of the Praxeum's defenses. It would allow for long range tracking of weapons and ships feeding the information directly to targeting computers so that they could have up to date information on where torpedos, missiles, and bombs were falling. It was in Kirlocca's own mind, the best form of defense an outpost could get. The measure of security for the sensor would have to be so well placed and high tech that it would make the all others look inferior. But that wasn't his concern yet, Qhaullia would deal with those problems as he worked. Kirlocca would concentrate on training Dahar in Wru'torr.

As he finished working on the cameras, making sure everyone was fully up and running without problems, he noticed that there was an interaction between Kitt and some young Sith looking girl at the entrance of the Praxeum. The time signature looked as if it was only minutes before he and Dahar arrived. I wonder if Kitt need's this saved? As soon as the thought came up, he downloaded it to a datapad and placed it in a very secure location and then turned towards Dahar.

<< You are doing well. But try to push deeper. Feel your every hair move as you breath in and out. Feel my fur as I move. Listen to your heartbeat, each and every cell in your bloodstream. Do that as we move to the communications room. >>

Kirlocca then began to lead Dahar out of the security room and towards the communications. They would need that up and running very quickly if they were to holoconference with the Jedi Temple on Tython and the Galactic Alliance. For all the Wookiee knew, there could be some huge problem brewing on some planet. Hell, the Sith could have just blew up Bespin for all he knew. But it could also be just a Sith Master molesting a young girl, but he didn't think the Jedi would be contacted if such a thing happened anyways.

(Editing as opposed to posting a new post.)

Kirlocca arrived in the communication room only to be greeted by a signal from the Grandmaster himself, or at least his code. Kirlocca made a quick check on it, only to find out that it was indeed his code, and was sent about two to tthree hours ago. Realizing how much time he may have wasted, he shut the signal off and then turned towards Dahar.

<< It seems a task that has been given to me before we left the Jedi Temple has now become active. It was sent some time ago. You may follow and come along if you wish, but I must be honest. I'm going after the Dark Lord. I'll be taking the Ranger-class gunship in the hangar bay to Nar Shaddaa to meet up with the other Jedi assigned to this task. If you come along, be prepared for anything. >>

Kirlocca didn't wait for a response from Dahar, as he was now hurried. It would seem that the message was sent just shortly after Kitt had left Gala. If that was the case, then his trap had been sprung and the Grandmaster would be attempting a dump and chase with the Dark Lord. Now, it was up to him and a team of Jedi to pull him out as well as bring down the Dark Lord. Quiclky, he climbed into the already prepared Ranger-class gunship the Jedi Praxeum held while the Temple and took off for Nar Shaddaa.

Dahar could sense the urgency in the situation. He had fearlessly serves alongside Kitt at the Death Star battle and would not abandon the Grandmaster in his time of need. He fould follow Master Kirlocca and observe his every motion in hopes to better understand what drove the Jedi Master.

The Jedi Knight was not one to back down from any situation. He was a battle hardened combatant and would follow his companions to the ends of the galaxy, even to oneness with the Force.

"I will accompany you Master Kirlocca, I fear neither man nor death."

As they made their way to the ship Dahar did his best to further come in contact with the physical realm of the Force. He did as Master Kirlocca suggested, attempting to feel individual cells as they floated through his veins. Strecthing out through the Force he did the same for Master Kirlocca. He followed one cell as it started down at the Wookiee's foot, traveling up his leg and then into his chest, passing through his heart and back out into his body.

Dahar boarded the ship with Kirlocca and took off for Nar Shaddaa.

• 2 weeks later...

Qhaullia continued to work even without the presence of the Jedi. Him and his men worked very hard on setting up the advance sensor in the former Temple's basement levels. It took some time to clear out the space needed for such a large piece of equipment, but it was well worth it in Qhaullia's mind. When fully activated, it would be able to send and receive signals at lightning fast speed. The overall plan was to have it track vessels incoming and have the most accurate laser cannons ever seen. With the sensor feeding directly to the laser cannons, they would be able to respond faster to torpedos and bombs dropped over the praxeum, destroying them before ever making contact. It was accompanied with five stealth satellites that rotated around the planet constantly. Their main purpose was to feed information to the sensor as soon as they picked it up, so it stayed off all forms of radar.

Over the next two weeks, Qhaullia's crew would also work on installing the weapons, redesigning the main entrance to keep attackers at bay, and finally to setup the security around the entire praxeum with the last being around the sensor. When all is said and done, the Jedi Praxeum might end up being the most heavily defended and armed building to gain access to illegally, which is what Kirlocca had planned for all along.

((Another post will be added on later to give further details of the layout and weapons/defense systems in the Praxeum.))

• 4 weeks later...

The majority of the construction was nearing completion as Qhaullia and his crew finished up the work that was set before them by the legendary Jedi Master Kirlocca. With the restructuring almost finished, the Praxeum would soon be able to house Jedi once again. The main entrance that all visitors would take required for them to land upon one of two platforms. They would then be required to walk down an unnecessarily long hallway before gaining access to one of four meeting rooms. It was the only place of access before coming to a turbolift, in which only members of the Jedi Order would hold codes for. The hallway also had many scanners within them as to make sure that unwanted guest could not carry weapons within the Praxeum. The floor on that level was also layered with cortosis and reinforced with extra durasteel to protect against any form of damage. It was the only floor besides for the basement to have weapon defenses inside, which even then only carried gas. The basement floor also carried gas, but could only be triggered upon failure to input the correct two codes.

The final element of the new design and remodel work took place in the basement, which was a total of two floors combined. It housed the massive sensor relay that worked with stealth satellites in orbit around the planet to provide a live setting of what was going on around them. They worked together to also help send information directly to the cannons around the Praxeum to better defend against all forms of missiles that could rain down as well bombs and other cannon fire. It was in short, the strongest defended building the Jedi Order would ever see.

Kirlocca himself sat in a meditation room, only coming out of the cloning process a few hours ago. His mind was as sharp as ever. He just simply sat using an altered form of Battle Meditation to help aid those whom worked on the Praxeum to work as fast as they could, but efficiently as well. Kirlocca would not allow for a mistakes in the building process.

The Jedi Knight saw nothing but existed in a state of pure being. He could percieve nothing but energy around him as he had been torn from his phsycial boundaries. He was one with the Force.

Then suddenly he came rushing back into reality. He awoke startled before realizing what had happened. His previous body must have been destroyed. He had trained for this moment, the time when he would traverse through the Force without physical limitation and end up back in a body.

He found his quarters much like he had left them, save a bit of tidying by the maintenance droids.

Stretching out in the Force Dahar sought Master Kirlocca and found him on the far side of the temple. He slowly made his way to the Jedi Master and entered his meditation chamber, taking a seat across the room and beginning to meditate himself. He knew Kirlocca would address him when ready.

It was faint, yet distant. Like a call that Kirlocca had felt so many times before. The next generation of Jedi needed to be trained. He had done so many times in the past, but even now as he could feel it within the Force, he understood that it would not be his job to take on all of them at once. He took a moment within his meditation to feel out where the majority echoed from. Even as he did this, he could feel Dahar enter the room with him. He was glad to see that the young Jedi Knight knew how where to place his priorities. While Kirlocca himself would have preferred some combat training, after awakening, it was always better to meditate and re-find your center. He knew that the best place to search for young ones whom are interested with the jedi Order would almost always be found at the Last Call. Standing up, he turned towards Dahar and spoke quietly to him.

<< I will be heading off to Coruscant for a short while. Take your time here wisely and make ready the Praxeum. Qhaullia and his crew should be finishing up shortly. See them off, and I shall return to fill this Praxeum once more. >>

Kirlocca didn't wait for a response and just left the room for the hangar bay. If his suspicions were correct, he would have to hurry before anyone else stole the promise of a new era of Jedi Knights. And the Last Call could be a dangerous place for those whom were not prepared. After a few minutes passed, Kirlocca was in the air in a shuttle and off for Coruscant.

Over the past few weeks Dahar had poured himself into the Praxeum. A good portion of his day was spent visiting the hundreds of various rooms in the freshly rebuilt structure and praying his entirety into them. He touched near oneness with the Force and beckoned the powers of the Light Side into the very atoms of the building. Kirlocca's friends had been working steadily securing the temple and installing different devices ensured to establish the Praxeum as a fully capable Safe Haven for the Jedi. Anyone within the Light Side of the Force seeking refuge would be welcome and well taken care of here.

Dahar spent time with the few other teachers there. They discussed the specifics of educating in the Force and the particular area of study they would teach. Dahar had volunteered himself as a teacher in physical education. He prepared lessons to strengthen one's connection with the body and the Force, and in doing so mediated on his own connections. The Force flowed freely between his body and from whence it came. Dahar could sustain himself on the faintest whisper of it in his ear. He would show the young ones these ways.

And how to fight.

The Sith were still the bastard sons of the galaxy, and still perverted the Force in abuse and evil. Everyone needed to be ready.

Kirlocca and Kailen finally arrived at Gala after a very long journey. Upon landing at the Jedi Praxeum under the new guidelines that he set up, the Jedi master quickly escorted Kailen off the shuttle and into the Praxeum. They were greeted by Qhaullia near the entrance.

<< Qhaullia, meet Kailen. Kailen, meet Qhaullia. Now Qhaullia, go to the security room with a prepared update on the process. I will meet you there with Dahar. >>

Kirlocca then extended his presence out so that Dahar would feel his return and make his way towards them. Hopefully, the Praxuem would be done and ready to host padawans and hopefuls alike. As he waited for Dahar, he turned towards Kailen.

<< Does it feel familiar to you? >>

Kailen was mesmerized by the ostensibly crafted structure and began segmenting each metal present. She was at once, home with the metal and reading it as if she could segment the architecture with her mind. Each contour, each piece, each slab and each articulated brace, made their way into her consciousness and she began to process each piece by its weight, mass and sheen. She couldn't quite sense the articulation of the wiring inside, the direction or intent of their use or the reason said metals were used, but the spectacle of it all was still enough to drive her wild imagination. It wasn't as if they didn't have enough time either, because while she was marveling at the craft, all the while brushing her hair behind her ears, she and Kirlocca made their way down an incredibly long hallway into what Kailen could only assume was a bunker. Well, she figured, if it wasn't a bunker, then bunkers in this day and age must be incredibly dangerous.

It was the articulate security systems, the turrets and card/ID scanners that immediately triggered her ever present curiosity and her wandering gaze. Even though the awe was still existent in her analysis, some niggling thought tugged the back of her mind. Somewhere beyond the marvel and the amazement, the young padawan was surprised at the lengths to which the present generation of Jedi would shield themselves from the world. Yes there were wars all around, and yes protection seemed necessary, but to this extremity?

Then again, considering the kind of brutal warfare she left behind all those years ago and what became of the Jedi of that generation, it might have been a step in the right direction.

Still, Kailen's eyes continued to dart about the structure with intense interest. Like a magnet to steel, her gaze never lifted even as the black and white Wookiee was introduced, but the presence of said Wookiee was apparent by a large presence of fur and a looming shadow. It wasn't until Kirlocca spoke that Kailen looked up to the large patch of black and white fur and in a curious interrogation of form, spotted heavily callused paws.

So, he helped build these things... Maybe?

Kailen lifted her own hands up toward her face and looked between them for a moment, noticing their calluses. Then she slowly stared back at Qhaullia's and figured it was definitely the sign of a mechanic, or an engineer of some kind.

Before she could speculate though, the Wookiee was sent elsewhere and the focus seemed to fall right back to Kailen's shoulders.

She could hear her master's words drifting through the air as he said them and even though she knew what he was saying, she caught a discrepancy in one of the turret's firing mechanisms. It was a small problem that was visible to a lightly trained eye and was more than likely the result of someone or something actively working on it, but the discrepancy drew her attention anyway.

When she drug herself past her small moment of attention deficiency, she could see that her master was expecting an answer.

It would make sense, wanting an answer to a question, but Kailen didn't really know if she had one. She looked around at the cold metal bunker and vaguely felt traceries of force energy lacing the rooms and the building, but she couldn't grab hold of a certain flux of familiarity in the entire place. If she could recall exactly though, or at least most of what her memory hid from her, she hadn't ever really been to gala.

She was a little bumpy after her intense skeptical observation s and their interruption, but even through the anxious look on her face, she still managed an answer.

"The presence of Jedi is familiar master, but the actual familiarity of which someone feels returning to a long lost home, is absent. This is nothing like the Jedi Temple was on Coruscant, but that temple is gone and I have no ties there anymore. So it is and it isn't familiar to me, Master."

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Kirlocca watched her response with great interest. Her movements and eyes were in a constant dart from object and pattern as a clear lack of attention to a single object was lost on her. Although, when she answered, she did so with grace and innocence. It was amusing to the Jedi Master for a few reasons, but he kept such thoughts to himself for a various of reasons.

<< This Temple is not really a Temple of the Jedi. It was once one, but even then it acted as a central command during a time of war versus the Empire and the Sith. It has over the past weeks been turned into a Praxeum; the Jedi training facility. >>

He choose not to respond to her awareness of the Temple on Coruscant, as Kirlocca himself held many memories from the place. It was where he began, but he was almost certain he would not finish there. But then again, he did not want to finish there. And he was certain his path would not take him there. Instead, he decided to speak up on her lack of control of her mind. He didn't expect for his words to hold much weight, but he would say them anyways.

<< Keep your concentration focused. While I am sure there is much for you to see, I am also certain that you will have more than enough time to see it all before your time in this galaxy is over. >>

Kailen admitted the Wookiee's words and probed them innocently in her mind. It wasn't that they were 'wrong,' but they were strong words that she wanted to keep close by with her and use for support. She often wondered what happened when her mind wandered and her attention was lost in a sea of random thoughts, but she had no doubts that it was a problem.

She shook her head slightly, trying to pry any loose thoughts from her mind, her red hair a bushel of copper in the flurry of luminescent light; her thoughts a frightful series of knots that managed to roll out without too much struggle. The shuffle of movement, brought life to the bushel and the knots shook from their internment and became echoes. They still remained condensed as if the contentment of the moment was a haphazard ruse, but she managed to look up toward Kirlocca with a smiled, even with a small hint of puzzlement tugging at her expression. It was a small consolation to her ever present interest from before that poked through, so her efforts showed, but one question hung in her mind; inexplicably important.

"Thank you master." She said softly, her eyes staying on him as she talked. "So, I am curious master, what shall we do now?"

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

Kirlocca glanced down at her for a moment as he considered such a question. It always was depended upon how much the padawan knew as to where he would begin. Since Kailen had already been apart of the Jedi Order at some point, he figured she would hold enough experience to start her off at a higher level, but her lack on concentration hinted otherwise. He figured he would start her off with basics, and if she excelled through them, he could easily move on forward to harder things to grasp.

<< Perhaps maybe it may be a good time to stop and reflect on the beauty and nature of the Force. >>

It was her first lesson. He wondered if she would hear the lesson or simply push over it. His words from before may even come across as contradicting, but in reality, they were not. The real key would be for her to read between the lines.

The Jedi Knight exhaled a breath that he had held inside for some time. Dahar loved to meditate on his own personal connection to the Force. Breathing was an integral part of connection to the Living Force around oneself. He opened his eyes and arose. From his favorite spot in the courtyard he recognized an all too familiar presence.

Dahar followed the beacon in the Force to the location of his old friend Kirlocca. He found the Wookiee Master near the entrance to the praxeum. With him was a young red haired woman. She seemed to be fresh in the Force, perhaps the first apprentice to arrive at the newly finished praxeum.

The Jedi Warrior smiled as he approached his friend. With a bow he spoke, "Master Kirlocca, wonderful to see you here! Everything is in order, your friend Qhaullia took quite good care of the technical aspects of the praxeum's completion, while myself and the other masters poured ourselves into the building and constructed our lesson plans."

He turned to the young woman and bowed. "Welcome apprentice, my name is Dahar."

Kirlocca bowed himself to Dahar. The man was a great Jedi Knight, one whom had proven himself time and time again. The Jedi Master knew that such a Jedi deserved much more than what was given unto them. He turned towards Kailen for a moment, but quickly returned his gaze to Dahar. He would in these next few moments honor Dahar and show Kailen a rare ceremony of the Jedi Order that few ever saw unless they were upon the receiving end of it.

<< Dahar, you have faithfully served the Jedi Order for some time now. You have proven yourself time and time again. Now it is your time to join the Masters of the Order. Today begins your Master trial. >>

Perhaps maybe it may be a good time to stop and reflect on the beauty and nature of the Force...

The words resonated a little more with Kailen than she would have initially expected. Each syllable hung in the air like an apparition of her past and collectively brought her perception back to the Coruscanti Jedi temple.

It was a chilling experience, immersing herself this far into her own vision. It was what one might call an out of body experience, except she wasn't only seeing things outside her body, but seeing them out of time. Kailen's gaze drifted down to her small little hands and greeted the eyes of the small green imp before her. At this age, she was almost his height, but some stray thought in her mind discarded the aspect and regarded the figure with reverence and respect.

She could feel her lips moving, but didn't know what she was saying. It was an odd affirmation to her previous 'out of body' suspicions, but she could still see everything around her as if it were as clear as day.

The small green creature before her, nodded silently and said something itself. It was utterly silent, like her own voice, but from this vantage, Kailen could somehow make out the words.

Scattered your mind is...

Focus you must Kailen, if to master the nature of the force you are...

Beautiful the force is, when focusing and embracing it you are...

The words seemed a bit jumbled, but even that didn't seem to bother young Kailen as she nodded softly and ran off to do who knows what.

Kailen didn't know what to do with what she just witnessed and her mind was riddled with questions, but somehow she found focus in the chaos. As the small girl ran merrily through the corridor, the vision began to dissipate. Kailen's mind started to ease into the comfort of her chaotic attention deficit and instead of clinging to every stray thought, she rest among the tangled web.

She listened as the noise rattled through her mind in a symphonic harmony within her thoughts and began slipping into the force once more, a long lost familiarity that warmed her; like meeting a friend after a long absence. The joy of meeting once more was at once, truly overwhelming, but as time grew, the sensation became more a source of contentment. She could feel her mind, bubbling with excitement as the warm energy all around her began to pour into her mind and body and embrace every fiber of her realization. The pleasant feelings lingered through her like the plucking of musical strings, but as time dotted on, the chords began to strain. The sensation of welcoming the force back into her perception was a little daunting and it had been some time since they worked in tandem. So, Kailen began to see that despite her re-discovery, the energy began to melt away from her perception and beads of sweat drew across her forehead as badges of exertion.

She wanted to embrace a familiarity from her past and linger aside it even more, but instead of fighting the natural flow of her energy, she let the perceptions fade until she was once again aware of the entire Jedi base around her.

She looked toward Kirlocca and smiled warmly and then greeted the Jedi Knight as he approached. Her balance was a little off at the moment, due to her exertion, but she did her best to bow all the same. "Greetings master Dahar, my name is Kailen."

Kailen2_zpsaed134ae.png

"It is a pleasure to meet you Kailen. You are of the first class to train in our new praxeum, I hope it finds you well."

Dahar turned to the great Wookiee who had spoken to him. "Master Kirlocca, this is an honor indeed." He bowed in gratitude. "I have dedicated my life to the Order and will continue to do so until my death."

Kirlocca nodded his head in full acknowledgement. Dahar was ready, the Jedi Master held no doubt about it. He knew that the man would end up taking up legendary status within the Order and teach many generations of Jedi to come. Hi sonly hope would be that he himself would not be on the last student of his life. But even if Kailen was his last, he would make sure that she was the most ready of all of them. But now, he would show a glimpse of the Jedi Master Trials that few ever watched.

<< Then you have one final trial that you must endure. You must face me in a spar. >>

The Jedi understood Kirlocca's wishes completely. Every Jedi was different but it was quite fitting that Master Kirlocca was to propose this master challenge to Dahar. They were both seasoned warriors, Kirlocca obviously with more experience, but still it would be a duel for the books.

"Thank you Master, it would be an honor to duel you." Dahar paused and the smiled. "In fact I know just the place, if it agrees with you. In your absence I had the construction crew put a few finishing touches on things. I designed a... special combat training room. If you would follow me..."

Dahar led the Jedi Master and his new apprentice through the praxeum. After passing through a few security checkpoints the cold iron walls faded and the inner workings were revealed. Much of the old temple structure had been rebuilt inside the confines of the exterior shield from the galaxy. The courtyards had been covered to prevent bombardment but the material had been treated with the Force to allow the sun to shine through it.

They arrived at a large door. Dahar punched in the security code, which was available to all of knight status, and led the two into the pitch black room. As the door shut behind them the room illuminated. However, there were no visible lights. In fact, there was no visible anything. All one could see was pure white. There was no clear definition where the floor met the wall. The door had even disappeared, only reappearing when given a verbal command to do so, or if one sought it out amongst the white.

"I had this training room designed to eliminate all distractions. In this room is only what you take in with you. Ideally a lightsaber and the Force. In here we can test pure hand to hand combat ability. I trust this will suit us Master."

Dahar allowed his cloak to fall from his back. The black shroud was the only visible item in the room other than the three Jedi. He moved his hand to his belt and slowly brought his lightsaber in front of him. With a flash the violet blade emitted and the familiar hum broke the silence of the room.

He beckoned the Force into him and allowed it to penetrate his being. The Jedi Knight could feel the blood flowing through his veins become enriched with the awesome power of the Force. He trusted it completely and would allow it to guide his actions.

In the back of his mind he heard a faint whisper of a beautiful chorus chanting "Korah Matah... Korah Rahtahma..."

Kirlocca was indeed impressed with the rooms design. It was ideal for the purpose of finding out where one stood with their own knowledge, as there was nothing else to draw upon. Lifting his paw, he directed Kailen to take a few steps backwards, as he didn't want her to get hurt from any of the action that would soon take place. As he did, he with drew his own lightsaber hilt, igniting it with a quick snap-hiss, his blue blade was suddenly alive. Allowing himself to fall into the Force and it's current, he could sense ever breath that Dahar took.

<< I must admit that you do not fully know Wru'torr for this spar, but it may help to prove yourself. >>

As soon as he finished, Kirlocca leapt through the air with his blade held only slightly above his waist. As he made his decent towards the Jedi Knight, he lifted one paw and used the Force to pull him towards Kirlocca's now swing blade. Yes, this spar would test Dahar in a great way.

((4-5 posts each. No real winner is really needed. This is 1.))

The Jedi Knight held his lightsaber steadily in front of himself as the Wookiee unsheathed his own. Its blue blade ignited in a brilliant flash. Dahar had dueled opponents of Kirlocca's stature before but never a Jedi Master. He had sparred against Master K'munee but those were in his padawan days. Most likely the great master had not given it his all. But Dahar knew that Kirlocca was here to test him out. Obviously neither Jedi was meant to receive harm from the battle but Dahar needed to prove himself to the Jedi Master.

Suddenly the large Kirlocca was flying through the air towards him, lightsaber held high. He extended his paw and pulled Dahar in. The Jedi Knight could not fight off the pull but instead curled into a ball and spun through the air, hands still in front with his lightsaber shielding his head. He used the strength of the Wookiee's pull to add to his momentum, and extended out his own force push. With the speed of Kirlocca's pull, the motion of the spin, and his own force blast, the two lightsabers collided. With this retaliation Dahar's intentions were to show Kirlocca the intense physical strength a human could achieve. Hopefully he would push him back a few inches, something Dahar assumed the Wookiee rarely experienced.

(1)

Kirlocca had seen great displays of strengths before in his duels, and the majority of them came out of something unique that the opponent would perform. Dahar's was different, but only slightly. He never thought that his own Force technique would be used against him. It caught him off guard just enough for Kirlocca to not fully put up as strong as a defense as he should have, and in turn, was sent backwards a bit by Dahar's maneuver. Landing, the Jedi Master reset and prepared for his next attack upon Dahar.

He could have easily launched some Force technique, but even as Jedi Masters spar with each other, the idea is not to see knowledge of the Force, but rather skill with a lightsaber. He would do his best to avoid having such displays from here on out. Stepping forward towards Dahar, Kirlocca lifted his blade in a downward cut, but as he was now fighting in Wru'torr, to motion was wide and carried with it great strength. The idea behind it was to have Dahar deflect his blow, but in turn, most deflect would only leave Kirlocca in a better position to make a return blow easier. It was the nature of his form, to leave the opponent in a constant state of defense. How Dahar handle this could lead and set the tone for the rest of the duel.

((2))

Dahar landed with both feet on the ground, pleased that he had made an impact on the Jedi Master. He knew he very well may not win this duel but hoped to show his skill. His purple blade hissed in front of him.

At every moment he could feel the Force pulsing through him. He had learned to stay in a near constant connection with it. Dahar doubted he would ever be a skillful wizard but was confident in physical abilities gifted to him by the Force. Perhaps someday, when he was old and gray, this would be his undoing. At the present time however it was his greatest ally.

The Wookiee Jedi came towards him with force and determination. In a display of sheer power he lifted his lightsaber and slashed downwards. Dahar held steady his blade in front of himself and crouched. The Force was flowing through his body. He could feel it in every muscle. Dahar focused in on his own body. First feeling his entire lower half, then his legs, and then the specific muscles he knew would need strength for his attack. He concentrated on those muscles and felt them swell within the Force.

From crouching position, as Kirlocca's powerful blow came down, he rose up with a Force Leap. Unlike his previous attack their momentum would collide, not combine.

((2))

Kirlocca watched as Dahar lowered himself, almost as if his intent was to avoid the swing all together. But instead of doing so, he leapt at Kirlocca, meeting force with force. The impact was greater than what Kirlocca thought would have come through the Jedi Knight. It was enough power to knock Kirlocca backwards, all together halting his attempt at gaining an advantage. Currently, neither Jedi held it. Lowering his blade, he leapt into the air, this time his goal was something that would be a bit trickier.

As he reached his high point in his leap, he threw his blade downwards at Dahar, yet still within Kirlocca control with the Force. As his body began to make a decent, he lifted both paws and extended them towards Dahar. Being mindful that he didn't want to exert too much energy, he created with the Force a whirlwind to form around the Jedi Knight and lift him into the air, making it harder to defend against the attacking blade.

((3))