Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

"Aerec!"

Dante took a step towards him as the adolescent shoved a hand towards his brother, and all of a sudden he was soaring backwards to slam into a tree trunk.

"Why you, who the heck are you to be shovin' my brother around?!"

Dante came in hard and fast with a swing at the kid's head, but the kid moved before it connected and Dante found himself being shoved back and hard against the wall of a nearby building, slamming his head against the hard duracrete. For a moment the world went hazy as he thought he saw the youth holding a rod of light, mumbling something before he completely passed out

"Who...who are you..."

His enjoyment of the trees and plants was interrupted when he heard a shouting, swearing voice coming from the left of him.

Raising his eyebrows, he quickly arrived at the scene just in time to step out of the way of a flying body. As the boy slammed into a tree, Darex heard a hard crack as he quickly observed the three boys. He heard the second threaten the third, only to join the first in being sent flying.

The padawan's lightsaber was lit, and Darex stepped forward. "What is going on?" he said with a firm frown.

"Master," the padawan said, "these two just bumped into me. I turned to apologize when this one," he motioned towards the figure slumped by the tree, "tried to take my lightsaber!"

Darex shook his head. "So you attacked them?"

From the look on the padawan's face, he hadn't realized that he had, indeed, just attacked them. He quickly deactivated his lightsaber and hooked it hastily on his belt, not meeting the elder Jedi's eyes. "I...I'm sorry, Master."

What are they teaching padawans these days? He sighed and moved over to check first one, then the other would-be pickpocket's lifesigns. They had hit hard, but there would be no damage.

He shook his head again. "You are dismissed, padawan. Remember this lesson."

The padawan nodded obediently and practically ran back in the direction of the temple. Darex bit back a smile. Rank sometimes had it's priviledges.

He hefted the first boy over towards the second--his brother, if the Jedi had heard correctly. He would wait until they awoke, give them a warning and an encouragement to find a new career, then let them go.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Aerec was wary of the newcomer, apparently some man of authority in the area. For a moment, it crossed his mind to dash into the forest and run to safety, but if the kid could flick him across yards without touching him, who knows what the man could do. Looks like the Blackwoods were already starting to build their reputation with the law on this new planet.

His decision not to flee, however, had more to do with his brother than his fear. "Dante?" Aerec asked by his side after mysteriously being floated over by the one who was referred to as "Master." "Hey, wake up, bro! We seem to have discovered a magical planet..."

Dante didn't stir, so Aerec turned to the man who had saved them. "Um...is he gonna be...all right? And...how come everyone on this planet seems to be able to toss me around at will? Did I miss a memo somewhere?"

Aerec had lived through a lot of uncertainty, but he had never questioned gravity. Apparently things worked differently outside of Corellia.

OOC: Sorry, I thought you were out too. And not that it matters, but I didn't use the Force to carry you over...

IC:

The younger one was quick to recover. He immediately began to toss questions at Darex, who held up a hand.

"Yes, your brother will be fine. He should wake up in a minute or so."

He paused, feeling a tremor in the Force that told him that this boy was Force-sensitive. He suppressed a smile. "What you have just seen has nothing to do with Gala. Only the Force. There is a Jedi temple here on Gala."

He wondered why the two boys had come here, and asked them.

FDY9u6P.png

"Unnngh...my head..."

Dante winced as he came to, squinting to try and alleviate the pain behind his eyeballs. He looked up, seeing the man before his brother, a scowl on his face more than from the pain than simply being irritated at the man.

"Who in Sith are you? Aerec, you good? He didn't hurt you, did he?"

Dante tried to stand, but it was obvious it took a big effort, and he leaned on the wall for a few moments, letting the pain simmer away. This wasn't exactly what Dante had planned on and all, but it had hapened, and now he had to deal with it. That was one less mark, one less potential meal for one of them.

"I'm good, Dante. You? This guy seems all right. Saved us from the kid with the glowing stick who had the ability to toss us around like juggling sacks."

Aerec stood slightly more comfortable now that his brother was conscious and talking. He was still utterly confused at what was going on. Unfolding his tall and lanky body, he stretched and began to regret the flying trip that had crash landed in the side of a tree. "Ow," he said aloud before making eye contact with the Master-man.

"We're here, uh," Aerec began, wondering just what lie he would come up with to get them out of this situation, "on...business. Yes, we've, uh, come seeking knowledge of the Jedi Temple and this Force business." He grinned and laughed sheepishly. "That young man was a bit jumpy with us, I think. We were just having a nice friendly business conversation about interstellar ethics and bumped into him when he goes flickin' us around the forest. How'd you say he did that again? The Force? A force stronger than gravity?" Aerec, of course, didn't know that, apart from the Force, there were three other physical forces, all of them stronger than gravity. "Because in my experience, gravity's a pretty strong Force."

He'd been babbling. It rarely ended well when he babbled. He would've encouraged Dante to run with him, but for the fact that this mysterious Force seemed to knock him into trees, and even if he did escape the grasp of this Force thing, he wouldn't know where to go on this planet apparently called Gala. So, he suddenly shut up and stayed put.

Shadrach reset his targets. Two in front, one behind.

"Begin."

The timer began to tick. At a random interval, between 3 seconds and 3 minutes, it would chime. Until then, he must maintain combat readiness, ready to strike the instant "combat" was signaled.

He knew all the particulars of these targets, of course. Roughly humanoid, with articulated limbs, armed with whatever he had given them, in this case a blaster, a knife, and a club, in that order, starting forward left. Rather boring. Two minutes and 4 seconds passed.

*Ping*

Shadrach shifted left as he struck the wrist of the blaster-armed target, directing the weapon toward the club wielder behind him. If the real life corollary was going to fire, this would eliminate one target already.

In the same motion he clasped around that wrist with his right hand, pulling the target off balance and striking the straightened arm at the elbow with his left. A real arm would be broken. He completed the movement by releasing the target into the club wielder, and both targets sprawled clumsily to his right as he assumed the side stance against the knife target.

*Beep Chirp Beep Bop*

The Fenris I was closing on Gala.

Shadrach trapped the knife arm left, and struck the throat hard with his right. He rather missed real knife fights; they were so much more dynamic. He snorted derisively at his humble training facility and stowed the mats and targets before jumping in the refresher.

---

"Gala Jedi Temple, this is Shadrach Fenri, captain of the Fenris I, seeking permission to land. I'm here to visit the Archives for research and information retrieval, and will be accompanied by one associate who should be joining us shortly."

Shadrach sat idly in the cockpit, waiting for word from Silas Onnd and the planet below.

What.jpg

In combat, chaos reigns. The rote performance of technique will always fail before a resourceful opponent.

"Take it easy, son," Darex told Dante as he tried to stand too quickly.

He turned to Aerec. "Yes, I agree that gravity is a pretty strong force. But the Force is the energy field that gives both Jedi and Sith their power."

He paused. "And one of the powers it gives is to let you know when someone is lying. The hopeful told me you attempted to steal his lightsaber. Is this true?" He understood that a lightsaber would fetch a large price on the black market--even if the hopeful's had only been a training saber. He wondered if it was that simple; that the two boys were common thieves.

The thought brought back memories that he had not thought about in a long time. Memories of the life he had been forced to live, only because he was an orphan on the most populated planet in the galaxy. He had never attempted to steal a lightsaber, but he and Indy had had to decide many times between stealing a few credits or starving to death.

FDY9u6P.png

The comm crackled back on the Fenris's cockpit speaker.

"Fenris I, we have you on our scopes, make straight in, northeast pad, no traffic in your vicinity, cleared to land at your dicretion. Have fun browsing through dusty books..."

The controller kicked his feet back onto the console, wishing he could be out piloting, but this wasn't a bad job either...paid well at least...

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Dante shoved himself off the wall, standing on his own while still holding his head and scowling. He didn't like the tone of this guy.

"Maybe we were, maybe we weren't. What are you gonna do about it anyways even if we were? It's not like we have anything...we haven't done anything wrong. And I'm not sure you could prove to authorities we were. So if you don't mind, thanks for getting rid of superkid there, but you're getting kinda nosy. I think Aerec and I will be on our ways...daylight's wasting, and we have to figure out how to pay for a meal. So kindly, shove off, okay? Food doesn't fetch itself."

He walked past the man with weak steps towards his brother, accidentally bumping into Darex's shoulder on the way. He put his arm around Aerec's shoulders, leading him away, speaking in low tones, low enough for someone who was unassociated wth the Force not to hear.

"It's allright, bro...I've still got that blaster on me...it might be out of power, but maybe we can pawn it and get you some nerf sausages. That didn't look like the nicest of thumps you've had...let's get you cleaned up."

They began walking down the street away from the man, but not so far that he couldn't catch them or yell after them, much as that would annoy Dante.

Aerec had actually been quite interested in what the man was saying until he'd revealed that he knew that Aerec had been lying. The pang of guilt that came with that, as well as the frustration of being caught, caused a lump in his throat and choked his words. Luckily, Dante saved the day.

As Dante took his younger but taller brother's shoulder, Aerec felt some disappointment at walking away from the man. Purposefully he slowed their speed, hoping that something might happen, though he had no idea what. It was one of those strange intuitions that he could never explain but that he almost always paid attention to.

Finally focusing on his brother's words, Aerec responded, "I'm fine, buddy. I think your thump was a little thumpier than mine, though. And you'll need the nerf sausages as much as me. I know you've been putting on a little pudge in the gut and you've gotta watch that figure of yours but, hey, we're both starving orphans. Don't give up the blaster. Not everyone around here can be wonder kid."

An idea struck him as he prodded his brother with humor, an idea that might buy him just a little more time with the man who seemed to have access to the Force. Dante wouldn't like it.

Aerec gently but quickly broke his brother's grasp, turning around and facing the man once again, preparing to humble himself more than he would usually allow. "Hey, you wouldn't happen to have a handout would ya? We're kinda broke and not familiar with this place. I really wasn't trying to take that kid's shiny toy, really. It was a misunderstanding." Well, it was all true, though not all the facts were there. If this guy could read minds, though, Aerec convinced himself enough of his own honesty that he'd probably trick the mind reader.

But that wasn't what he was worried about. He was worried about Dante's reaction. Dante hated begging. Hell, Aerec hated begging, too, but there was just something about this man, this place, that Aerec needed to explore it just a little more. They always worked for their food, even if their work wasn't particularly honest or legal, but when it came down to that strange code of ethics and this gut feeling telling him to stay, Aerec couldn't help but choose the latter. Trust me on this one, bro, he thought, willing his brother to follow his lead. I think it'll work out. I hope.

Darex shook his head. "I don't have a single credit on me. Jedi don't have much need for credits most of the time."

He was going to leave it there, to let the brothers walk away, but the Force swirled strangely about them, and Darex wanted to speak with them further. "However," he added, "if you want, you could come with me to the Temple, and get a meal. It's just cafeteria food, but it's not bad."

He held out a hand. "By the way, I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Darex Trevelian."

He waited to see if the boys would take him up on his offer.

FDY9u6P.png

"AEREC!"

Dante whirled, clamping a hand over his brother's mouth, but it was too late, the words were spoken. Quietly but firmly, Dante hispered to him, struggling to keep it a whisper and out of earshot of the other man.

"We might be hungry, we might be desperate, but one thing we are not is beggars!"

And then the man replied.

"I don't have a single credit on me. Jedi don't have much need for credits most of the time."

Dante slouched, giving into Aerec's glare at him, his hand falling away from his brother's face. Disgrace was one thing they didn't need...it wasn't who they were, ever. They were proud of themselves, despite how grand their life was...but maybe Aerec was right...maybe it was time-

"However, if you want, you could come with me to the Temple, and get a meal. It's just cafeteria food, but it's not bad."

Dante looked up, once again meeting Aerec's gaze, the same thought racing through their minds. Food. Dante turned to face the man again, skeptical, but willing to risk it.

"By the way, I don't think we've been properly introduced. I'm Darex Trevelian."

Dante eyed the man a moment more, giving him a once over before he finally caved, his rough exterior becoming a little more welcoming. But not much.

"Dante. Dante Blackwood. That's my brother Aerec. And I suppose...if you're offering us a meal, the least we can do is oblige. After all, it's not as if you're turning us into the authorities...are you?"

The caution once again sprang up in Dante's mind. He was used to not trusting people but him and his brother, they had lived the tough life. Aerec was a bit more forgiving and gullible, and maybe this time that was a good thing. But it also never hurt to be cautious, so Dante would be on his guard.

He smiled warmly at Dante. "Well, in a way, the Jedi are the authorities on this planet. I won't condone pickpocketing, but I think under the circumstances..." he gave Aerec a significant look and didn't finish the sentence.

Instead, he motioned for them to follow him. "You're fine for now, but I wouldn't suggest that you continue your life of crime here on Gala. Not only is this the location of the Jedi Temple, but it's also home to a Rebel Alliance base."

He thought Gala's location was already compromised, otherwise he wouldn't have been so free with information, especially with strangers. He also had heard of a tenative peace between the Alliance and the Empire with this invasion, but he didn't know what to think about it. Regardless, he wanted to be friendly with these boys.

As the three began walking towards the base, Darex turned to Dante. "So, tell me about yourselves. Where do you come from? How did you get to Gala?"

FDY9u6P.png

Food! And more time with this Jedi man! It worked out brilliantly. For a moment there, Aerec had been sure that Dante was going to clobber him, which probably would've led to this Darex guy clobbering Dante in return, which would have forced Aerec to attempt to clobber Darex, which couldn't have worked out well, especially if this Darex guy and his Force were all he was saying it was.

So, here they were, two orphans on a strange planet, having been caught attempting to pickpocket some Jedi boy and now they were being given a meal by some Jedi man, and apparently these Jedi people were the authorities on this planet. Unlikely story, but at least they were getting food. Aerec could stand anything for a decent meal. He'd even let one of the Jedi fling him around like a gravity-defying sack if necessary. Might even be kind of fun, if it wasn't in a hostile environment.

And then the question came. "So, tell me about yourselves. Where do you come from? How did you get to Gala?"

Well, the man already had a bit of the truth -- they were common thieves -- but Aerec didn't feel the need to go into the whole truth. Hopefully the Force wasn't so powerful that this Darex Trevelian character could extract their life story in all its shameful glory.

Yet, Aerec didn't want to lie to Darex either. The man had unnecessarily showed them compassion and was about to give them a meal. The fact that they'd stowed away while running from the Coronet Police and just happened to end up on Gala wasn't really what he wanted to admit to this nice man.

"We're from Corellia, just flew in on a shuttle, wanted to see more of the galaxy. Just happened to come here. Lucky us, I guess."

That was accurate enough. But Aerec really wanted to know more about the Jedi. "So, what's this Force thing and how is it able to throw me around like shock-ball? Where can I get some of this Force stuff?"

Darex raised his eyebrows slightly at Aerec's story, but didn't comment. It could well be true, but Darex got the feeling there was more to the story than that. Regardless, he let it drop and began to answer Aerec's questions.

"Well, the Force is an energy field created by living things. The more living things that are in the area, the more the Force is amplified. The Jedi and the Sith are people who have the ability to put the Force to use in the galaxy. The Sith dominate and control it, shaping it to their own will. The Jedi make themselves servants of the Force. We use the power of the Force to spread good throughout the galaxy."

He paused as they reached the Temple. Entering, Darex lead the way to the mess hall. "With the Force, a force-user can manipulate objects, among other things. That was why you both were tossed across the clearing."

He paused again as they reached the cafeteria line. Darex hadn't eaten since he left Manaan, so he grabbed a plate of noodles with a Twi'lekkian sauce, two rolls of bread made from imported grain from Naboo, a side of salad with local greens, and a glass of ice water. He waited as the boys took their food, noting it's quantity with amusement, and grabbed a table.

"As for getting the Force..." He trailed off as he suddenly felt a blow through the Force. He paused for a moment, identifying it. Darla was dead. He bit his lip. May the Force be with you, Darla, and may your spirit have a safe passage back to your body. He would track down Darla's DNA and have her cloned once he was done talking to these boys.

He knew they would have noticed his silence, and quickly picked up what he was saying again. "As for getting the Force, well, you're Force-sensitive, Aerec. With training, you could learn how to shape it's flow in you. You could become a Jedi."

FDY9u6P.png

Dante's ears perked up. This sounded highly interesting. He had already retrieved his plate of nerfburgers, sitting across from Darex and interested on everything he said.

"Wow...this is pretty cool. So I could learn to hurl people around with this Force stuff too? I mean, obviously it's not the only use, but still...it sounds kind of exciting. I don't think it'd be too bad of a change for us getting off the streets and learning this Force business..."

Dante munched on a bite of his burger, chewing slowly and thinking to himself. What an adventure, if he could learn this Force thing, he might never have to resort to thievery again. It wasn't a bad skill...but it was wrong, and it always rubbed Dante whenever they ripped off someone undeserving. Maybe his life could change.

For a few moments, Aerec's attention was too taxed to pay attention to everything. He had just entered this building called the Jedi Temple and was taking it all in, then there was the food, and then there were Darex's words. It was a bit of a sensory overload, sight, sound, taste, and smell all being dominated. All he needed was a Twi'lek dancing rubbing up against him and he'd probably have gone to meltdown.

He was chewing on a piece of Corellian Nerfsteak much too big for his mouth when Darex said: "As for getting the Force, well, you're Force-sensitive, Aerec. With training, you could learn how to shape it's flow in you. You could become a Jedi."

Luckily he was still chewing, for if he'd been in the process of swallowing, he may have joked. As it was, he had trouble not accidentally letting some bits of the food spittle out from surprise. "Waaaaa," he exclaimed through the food. Fortunately, Dante had been speaking, rather more discernibly, so that it was likely that his lack of manners was less noticeable. He chewed furiously while his brother spoke.

"We're what? We can hurl people arond and play with those glowy lighsaber things Wonderboy had?!? Hell, we'll be Wonderboys, too! Dante, this is great! Think of all the free food! This is a feast, by the way! Thanks, Darex...er...Mr. Trevelian....er...um? Thanks..."

He staved off the awkwardness by taking another massive bite of his steak, then he smiled broadly at his brother.

Darex shook his head. "The life of a Jedi is not easy. Force-training is hard. It's not something to be taken lightly. It's not glamorous. A lot of responsibility will be placed on you. You will have to make life and death decisions. No matter what you decide, now that you know you are Force-sensitive, more responsibility will be on you. Your life will change, Aerec."

He turned to Dante. "Yours will change too, Dante. You are not Force-sensitive. The Force that flows in your veins is not strong enough for you to become a Jedi."

He took a bite of his food, chewed, swallowed, and set down his fork. "If you choose to follow this path, Aerec, you and Dante will have to part ways."

He could tell already that this was going to be a blow for them. Not only could he tell that there was a strong connection between them, but also he knew from experience how hard of a decision it was to make. "Think it over. I won't force you to become a Jedi. It's your choice."

FDY9u6P.png

========Personal Comm message for Darex Trevelian=========

Greetings Master Trevelian.

I believe you are an aquaintance of my Mistress Darla, I am her personal assistant Aimee. My Mistress has not returned for some time and I have grown very concerned about her whereabouts. I am under instruction to deliver a package to a Skye Organa in the event that my Mistress does not return.

As a friend of my Mistress I request your assistant in delivering said package to Miss Organa. I am currently aboard the Persephone docked in the main hanger of the Alliance groundbase here on Gala.

I await your arrival.

===============End Of Transmission=================

Rannrsig.jpg

Aerec gaped at Darex Trevelian. He was completely at a loss, completely conflicted, completely confused. For once in his life, there were no words, there was no humor, there was nothing.

"I--what?" he managed. Finally he turned to his big brother for help. "Dante?"

What would life be without Dante? The two had known nothing but each other, had always depended on each other. Aerec knew, though he hated accepting it at times, that he could never have survived without Dante.

Yet here was opportunity to be something more than a petty thief. Here was opportunity to escape the life of desperation, to take a step into adulthood, to be his own man. To be something, someone.

He stared at his half-finished steak, suddenly without an appetite.

((First off, I'd really like to apologize for the wait that I've put you through Davi. School/life/work/SCA has been very hectic. It's spring break for me now so I should be able to get some serious posting done with you.))

Davi laughed. "I haven't had any. I literally just slunk onto a ship and got dropped off here, came in, dueled a little furry guy with a stick, and now I'm stuffing my face because I haven't eaten in days. If that's Jedi training, it's going to be an interesting ordeal. Though...I don't know how much it's taught me about the Force. I do know that I don't fit so well in with shipments of potted plants."

Davi finally spoke aloud what had been bothering him this whole time, "What about you? Where do you sit on the training scale?"

Xae-Lin laughed. A resourceful on he is! Clever too, she thought.

"Being around plants isn't the worst way to spend your time, but I suppose those of the captive variety wouldn't be to apt to be friendly in transit."

"As far as the 'training scale' goes, I only recently became a Knight of the Order. As it happens, I am in the market for a trainee."

((Sorry for the shortness, brain-fried from doing taxes today.))

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Davi struggled to keep himself from spitting out all his food. He was talking to an actual Jedi Knight. The real deal. A symbol of peace and order in the galaxy. He wondered what color her lightsaber was...

He could barely stutter out words, "So...wait...you. You need a trainee? Oh I swear, if I get tested, I would be the best trainee ever. I promise, I'd do whatever you need, learn whatever you teach, and take whatever advice you give straight to heart. Please? I'll be good!"

He paused catching his breath, but only for a second, before he began to shovel food back in his face. He may be with a Jedi, but he was still starving after four courses, and he couldn't train on an empty stomach.

((No worries.))

Enthusiasm was good, she could definately work with that. The auburn-haired woman regarded the trainee for a moment as he started in on another helping of food.

For a moment the young woman stilled and reached out with the force, recognizing it as the same technique that was used on her by the wookie master upon her acceptance as a padawan to Kyp Durron. In an odd way she felt especially connected to her former master at that moment, understanding that she was to take this young man and assist him in his journey in to the force. Through the force she could sense it's dormant power within the man, eager and ready to come forth as the Dantooinite learned to harness the power within.

"I would be honored if you would allow me to help initate you to the ways of the force and the teachings of the Jedi. You seem as eager for a master as I am for a student."

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Davi felt a weird aura press over his body, sending a tingle through his body. It felt odd, but it resonated within him and connected with something he could feel just for a second, but in the second he felt more complete and whole than he had his whole life. The moment quickly faded however, as her statement registered within his mind.

Davi was elated at her answer. "That would be great! When do we start? I'll do whatever. I don't have much to give in return...actually come to think of it...I barely have anything. Another change of clothes and maybe some food rations, but that's about it. But you know...if you want the clothes...they're probably a bit big on you though. Anyways. Thanks! I really appreciate it. What do I do now?"

Thoughts and ideas swirled through his head. He was almost dizzy with excitement. He could barely contain his eagerness to begin, where ever Master Ardel decided they should begin. Master Ardel. He sounded the words out in his mind. He supposed he should probably get used to saying it now. And Padawan Quinn. Should get used to that as well.

A comm message, sent from deep space in the middleof a hyperspace trip, reached the Temple on Gala, the current headquarters of the Jedi Order. As per request, it was played over the intercomm for all to hear. The soft yet ommanding voice of Aryian Darkfire echoed throughout the halls, alerting the Force sensitives of their newest plight.

"My Fellow Jedi...I inform all of you of a very dire thing, of which you are probably all aware. The Arach'Tar need to be stopped, and need to be stopped now. We are a peaceful people by nature and tradition, but now I ask that you break this tradition. Now more than ever, we need every able bodied Jedi to do their part. Very shortly we will be striking into the heart of the beast, and our valor and courage will be tested. All those who are able are asked to report in to the Alliance base on Gala immediately and wait for further orders.

"It is times like these that we must ask ourselves what really matters, I ask that training be put aside in favor of manpower. That our passiveness be replaced with a strong resolve. That temporary peace be overlooked for the longterm good of the galactic populace. I ask you to sound the drums of war. Those of you who are ready to fight for honor and justice...I will see you on the front lines. Those of you who are not may never see me again. Whatever the choice may be, I rest assured knowing that my friends and comerades will make the right descision for themselves and those around them. I know I have."

The message was relayed to all operational Jedi Bases save Phu, meaning everyone was sure to have heard it.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

He arrived unseen quite some time before, but this was normal as more often than not, he went unobserved by the world around him. His head, as usual, was buried inside a rather stout tome of chapters and almost distracted him whole from the communication that transmitted itself in echo around the temple. He listened, he hummed and then considered the call for help; he was a minor in the force, but he could comprehend better than half of the padawans around here but the choice would be up his Master no less.

”œIt's about to get hectic.”

Both Dante and Aerec were quiet following Darex's announcement. He wasn't surprised. This was a big, life changing decision.

He was surprised, though, when the droid contacted him. He would get on it immediately. Besides, it would be good to see both of them again. "I have business elsewhere," he told the boys. "Feel free to stay the night here. You can take as much time as you need to make your decision. Also, feel free to contact me if you have any questions, or if there's anything I can do to help." He handed Aerec his comm number. "I hope you make the right decision, whatever that is. May the Force be with you."

With that, he bowed to them in the traditional style. Clearing his place, he immediately headed on foot over to the Alliance base to meet Aimee.

FDY9u6P.png

A small personal freighter snuck into the fringes of the Gala system. Silas Onnd sat down in the pilot's seat and felt it conform to his body shape, heating up and bringing him the comfort he desired. Now all he had to do was wait for the comm from his employer. He began to fire up his decryption system, entering in the newly created key that his contracter had given him.

Silasonndsig91407copy.jpg

Shadrach started from his sleep; a dream of something dark and intangible. He glanced around, noticing at length a small blip on the edge of his ship's sensors, and drifted farther from the planet's orbit to confirm it.

Excellent.

After double checking his encryption protocols, he sent a quick message:

Greetings, Mr. Onnd.

There's yet another complication, and I'm afraid I must leave you. No doubt Mr. Furion will be all the more impressed if you manage to complete this mission solo. Attached are my docking permissions (valid for two ships, including yours), and some translation files on post-Rakata linguistics. The book in question is ancient, leatherbound, with dark blue metallic script. It is in a derivative Rakatan language; while I am not sure which, I have provided a good variety in those files.

I do not have to remind you that Mr. Furion prefers civility and subterfuge to violence and bravado. Good fortune to you, and if you find that any other ancient tomes are available, you should consider bringing with you; Mr. Furion is a bit of a history buff.

- Shadrach Fenri

The itch had returned, and he had to get out of here. Shadrach sent a comm to Julio as he positioned himself in the hyperspace route.

What.jpg

In combat, chaos reigns. The rote performance of technique will always fail before a resourceful opponent.