Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

I nodded to Xae-Lin, begging my leave so I could cope with the monumental number of preparations I had to make for the time we could meet the Arach'tar in a fair fight, and to hunt down my missing Padawan. Alas, before I had so much as taken two steps away from my colleague, we were ambushed by a Hopeful that was unknown to me. Apparently, the Zabrak had only recently landed at the Jedi Temple and had immediately sought out the first Jedi he could find, leading him to us.

”œYou are Force Sensitive, but that has nothing to do with your first question. I definitely can't answer your first question after only having met you five seconds ago”¦ and it's likely a question that only you can give the answer to.”

drayyy.png

Dark clouds covered the skies of Gala, rain was pouring from the heavens and lighting danced across the dark sky. A man walked through the forest heading towards the temple. His cloths were torn, his once clean shaved face was covered with facial hair and dirt. His hair was long and unkempt, dirt and mud covered his whole body; a cloth was placed over his right eye with his hair covered his face. As he climbed the stairs he looked around the temple as he walked into the main lobby.

His eyes were blood shot from the lack of sleep, as soon as he was in the temple he stood there looking around. Dripping wet from the rain, he sat down on a bench by the window to collect his thoughts. He didn't really know who he was, he didn't really remember where he was or what he's suppose to be doing. He knew he could do things that were unexplainable, he also carried a double ended light saber.

Slowly his eye lids closed and he fell into a dream, the images have replayed themselves over and over. It seemed as though every time he closed his eyes he could see himself in the middle of a battle, he saw bodies of women and children littering the floor. buildings destroyed debris of star fighters covered the ground he could hear the screams of full grown men holding their children. He jumped to his feet as a loud boom of thunder was sounded. Sweat was pouring down his feet as he looked around some people around him were staring at him. "Sorry" he said in a hush tone as he walked away.

I wasn't sure whether my ego was loving this, or whether I was supposed to rebel at what I was experiencing. Apparently, I'd just said something so profound, with wisdom so deep, I'd stunned both Xae-Lin and the Zabrak An-dur into silence. I just waited for a response, wondering when either of them would snap out of their trance, or whether they were simply waiting for a gong to herald the teaching of such Zen-like wisdom.

I decided that I really didn't care for it. I was supposed to be the fool, the Jedi who could be counted on to disparage the Jedi Code, the one that everyone suspected to secretly maintain an impressive stash of alcohol in her quarters (that was actually true), not the voice of reason. I was supposed to get stuff done, not talk about getting stuff done.

Bah!

I wheeled away from the two, muttered something about the preparations I had to make for the next, inevitable battle, and retreated to my quarters. There, I issued a number of commands to the Jedi Temple, giving it instructions to have a number of my designs transferred from the Jedi Temple on Phu. The items were simple: I needed to rearm after what happened at Mechis III, both literally and figuratively. Also to be included was a starfighter that I had spent some time designing. As powerful as my Ghost Breath was, this war was going to call for a smaller starfighter with comparable weaponry.

I also transmitted a request for the Wolf Spider droids to prepare for another deployment. They would be thrilled, I had no doubt.

((Sorry, but I need to do this stuff.))

((EDIT)

Some hours later, I was startled awake by the roar of sublight engines. I knew what that ship was bearing before I even returned to full consciousness; it contained those few weapons and the limbs I had ordered from Phu. Truth be told, I felt awful. I'd fallen asleep in a rather uncomfortable position, sprawled over my desk. Even though I was simply physically and emotionally exhausted from my work, the recent battle, and the awful sensations of the atrocities that had ensued, I'd enjoyed a fretful sleep, filled of dreams of warfare and wrath.

To say nothing of the fact that I had a severe case of keyboard face. I rubbed blearily at my cheek, feeling the indentations that my desk had left behind.

I intended to meet with the Admiral personally to discuss the immediate future, but I was going to need to report to the medical bay first to have my prosthetics replaced and burned. It was a simple treatment, one that was hastened by the fact that the stumps of my arms and legs had already been prepared for prosthetic implantation, but it took more time for my other implants to interface properly with the limbs.

I lay there in one of the cots, wishing that a proper Jedi Healer, rather than a medical droid, was available for this sort of thing. I'd have liked to have Skye Organa around””hopefully, she hadn't been on Corellia when it was destroyed. Hell, I would have liked Ara and her computer and psychological expertise””to say nothing of her friendship. I especially wished that my husband was around, who had gone missing after the meeting on Tatooine, despite the fact he'd managed to escape on his own just fine.

What was going on here?

It was with extraordinarily low spirits that I rose and boarded the Ghost Breath, making my way to the nearby Rebel base.

drayyy.png

Widdimur disembarked slowly from the massive passenger liner into the open hangar near the center of the Galu spaceport. After riding for so long through deep space, his joints were stiff and his muscles cramped, despite his young age. He hailed down an air taxi and headed for the Jedi Temple...

A short while later, the young Kushiban stood framed in the doorway of the Jedi Temple. He waited patiently for someone to address him amidst the bussle of activity.

grimo2ov7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

((Sweet Jebus! I forgot about this! So sorry.))

An-Dur stared bewildered at the older of the two Jedi. Apparently she had meant to be wise, but the bulk of her statement soared high above his head. What was left nearly made him openly scratch his head in confusion. He managed to restrain himself taking solace in the fact that he was 'Force Sensitive'. As soon as her words dawned on him, he broke into a wide grin. All his fears had been washed away in that moment and he would stay firm on his path now, never would he allow himself to deter from it.

He then glanced in the younger Jedi's direction as it was evident that the older one wanted nothing to do with him for a time. He turned upon her with a warm and kind smile. His eyes spoke volumes of the truth and sincerity that he could not; I would follow you forever if you would just train me. I pledge myself to be your guardian. To others that might seem odd, but to him and his values it was the only course of action. As if to ask her without the use of words he raised an idle brow a silent 'so?'

((sorry for shortness. Need to get this out and done with to move things along. Xae I pm'd you))

rainbowcat.jpg

Xae-Lin met the young Zabrak's eyes, behind them a fire and thirst for knowledge and self-betterment burning brightly. There was no since in leaving this young man to be alone in this new environment, especially since it was new to her as well.

”œWell An-Dur, would you care to join us for some food? It's been a long trip for Iniera and myself. This is my first time here at this temple as well, you're more than welcome to wander about with us.”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

A tall man in his mid-forties walked down the hall of the Jedi Temple on Gala. He had shoulder length black hair and wore clothes that many wouldn't expect to see in a Jedi Temple. His frayed jeans ruffled as he walked towards the entrance, along with a tight gray undershirt, with a brown jacket completeing the ensemble. He had a small amount of facial hair, giving him a rugged appearance. The only thing nice about him was his smile.

Sirius had been choosen as a Jedi potential at the age of three. Unfortunatley he didn't have as much of a Foce connectivity as the Jedi Council had thought. He had gotten as far as lifting small objects before he had continually fallen behind from the other students his age. After another month of training he had been sent to the Agricutural Corps, and eventually found his way back to Gala.

Now he spent his days keeping up the Jedi Temple and occasionally introducing new students to the Jedi arts until they were choosen by a master. This was one of those days. He had seen the young Kushiban on one of the monitors in the control room and knew that it was time to do his job. He approached the door and smiled to the alien.

"Can I help you?"

Xae-Lin met the young Zabrak's eyes, behind them a fire and thirst for knowledge and self-betterment burning brightly. There was no sence in leaving this young man to be alone in this new environment, especially since it was new to her as well.

”œWell An-Dur, would you care to join us for some food? It's been a long trip for Iniera and myself. This is my first time here at this temple as well, you're more than welcome to wander about with us.”

rainbowcat.jpg

It had been ages since young Scorpius Armegedon had felt the wonderful touch of the wind upon his face. He had spent majority of the past few years locked away on a Corellian style frigate that his mother had presented him as a birthday present a few years before leaving the planet of Tatooine. He was the son of Scorpio Armegedon, a proud Jedi and a man of honor”¦ something that young Scorpius longed to be known for.

For years the son had dreamt of how he would prove himself to his father”¦ and on this day he would take the first steps in the right direction. Scorpius held a powerful presence in the force even though he was untrained when it came to utilizing it. This was partly due to the fact that unlike his father, Scorpius struggled to find a connection with the force”¦ he was unable to tap into its life force. It was because of this burden that the young Armegedon had come to the Jedi Temple on Gala; it was here that Scorpius would find the pathway to greatness.

He carried himself with a proud swagger; one that only an heir to a renowned bloodline could pull off. His presence was one of pride, holding himself higher than others typically do as he stands the straightest out of all of the younglings that walked the halls. Scorpius' black wardrobe was something not usually seen upon a Jedi Hopeful and because of this it made the youth stick out like a sore thumb amongst the masses. The color of his clothing was a reminder of his youth, a life of joy and sorrow. A mother tormented by her past and a father that had never laid eyes upon you, this formed the weight that bore down upon Scorpius' shoulders. These were things that he wasn't proud of and yet it seemed to be a driving force in his life.

”œLet's see how far we've come”¦

The diminuitive Widdimur nodded slowly to the man that had approached him. "I have recently been informed of my latent ability to sense and touch the energy you know as the Force, and now I come seeking training and knowledge, and was told that this is indeed the place to do so," he said, searching the other's face.

grimo2ov7.jpg

A ship carrying the Jedi Master Ara-Lai Kaipi made its way into the atmosphere, landing neatly on the planet. Both the Jedi and her blade-familiar Sanare came out of the secured ship. The sword was attached to Ara's belt, but was emitting a somewhat translucent form of a vaguely female form walking by Ara's side. Since their last visit to Ilum, Sanare had become more feminine in form, as if the blade had decided more upon a representation of itself, and it had also become more solid in appearance, though it was still easy to see that the figure walking in step with Ara was clearly not a corporeal being--at least, not in that form.

"I think I'm a little late, but better late than never, right?" Ara remarked, more to herself than to Sanare.

That didn't stop the blade from replying. "Mother, being late is never a good thing..."

"...hush."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Sirius smiled at the young alien's comment. Training would be hard to find at this time. All of the masters were out fighting the Arach'tar, leaving the few that weren't strained to train the younglings. Sirius was the only one at the Temple not involved in the cross-galactical war.

"Finding training right now may be tough, but it can be done. You will need to prove yourself first. I suggest we get started quickly if you want to be a Knight before you die. Come."

Sirius began to walk slowly down the hallway, trusting that the young Jedi would follow. "Now, tell me about yourself. I want to know where you're from, how you came here, ect..."

((Syn, edit your location. It's stretching the left column out by a huge amount.))

Ara's comlink chirped, indicating that she had a message. It was Armiena Darkfire, simply letting her friend know that she was aware of her presence on the planet, but it would be more convenient if they met at the Rebel base.

drayyy.png

Ara blinked, her comm startling her out of her small bout of sulking. She glanced down at it, then blushed. "Lovely, just...lovely. Late and and the wrong place. At least I got the planet right."

Sanare's head cocked to the side as the two took a turn to take the Yume on a short planetside trip. "Wrong place, wrong time?"

Ara nodded, gray eyes gleaming. "The story of my life, Sanare."

With that, Ara quickly jetted to the Rebel base.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Aryian sauntered through the great halls, merely meandering for the time being, not really paying attention to anything. His use right now was zilch, therefore he really had no purpose right now, nothing to do.

That is, until he turned a corner and bumped rather hard into a young man wearing black clothing ((Scorpius)), knocking both to the floor.

Aryian was up first, giving the youth a hand up. "Sorry about that...wasn't looking where I was going." He began to walk off, before turning around, giving him a good once-over. The young man had the look about him of a hopeful, though Aryian couldn't tell through the Force as he wasn't using it of late, as per his wife's wishes.

"You, ah, you looking for something here?"

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Scorpius was caught off guard at first”¦ the man wore the robes of a Jedi Master, yet he couldn't figure out what it was that young Armegedon had come here looking for. Shrugging it off the youth quickly began running possible responses to the mans question, the obvious answer would have been that he was looking for a Master”¦ but something forced Scorpius to dig deeper. His mind falling deep into contemplation and then he parted his lips and spoke.

”œYes”¦ my father. Though, I know that I won't find him here”¦ a much more demanding path has been laid before me. One that I have gladly accepted and because of it”¦ I have been brought here.

Edited by Guest

((Wow. As if I hadn't already broken every sexual taboo in this RP as it was...

Speaking of, I probably need a T-shirt.))

Aryian chuckled for a moment. The kid had spunk...and he liked that.

"A Jedi of legend, you say? And how would such a person be described, at least in your mind? Because I can tall you right now that most people who are these 'Jedi of legend' that you speak of, wish very dearly that they were not so. Don't answer, the question was rhetorical. The real question I want you to ask yourself, is do you have what it takes. Do you have the passion, the willpower, the strength of mind, body, and spirit? Or will you, like countless before you, succumb to the power at your fingertips and use it for personal gain. You imply you are here for others to train you, but for that to happen, you must be ready to train yourself."

Aryian turned, walking down a smaller corrior towards a few side rooms he had used before. After a second he stopped, turned around, and stared at the young man, who was still simply standing there.

"Well come on, we don't have all day. I mean, I do, but you certainly don't."

The young man scampered up to him as Aryian turned once more back into a casual stride.

"Name's Aryian by the way. I work with the Jedi. It's why I'm wearing their robes."

A straight out lie, but he wouldn't have been able to tell. Aryian was still slightly embarrassed about not using the Force. It made him feel...les of what he was, yet strangely content. Freer. It was a beginning.

Blz1mwg.png

Shock. The man was quick with his tongue and what caught Scorpius the most off guard, was the fact the every word out of the elder man's mouth was the truth. That is why he continued to stand there after Aryian had turned and walked away”¦ at first he questioned himself. Am I ready?”¦ Do I have the willpower?”¦Is the passion there?

Those thoughts quickly began to fade as Scorpius allowed his mind to wrap around the thoughts that had brought him to this point”¦ standing at the base of the stairway to destiny. Now he had to learn to the ways of the Jedi to carry him along that path, essentially he had to learn how to walk. As he hustled to catch back up to the man dressed in Jedi robes Scorpius found himself completely caught up in the moment.

It was happening”¦ and Scorpius was to awe-struck to respond at first. His dreams were coming true and it would all be accomplished through his hard work. The boy found himself wanting to ask a question even though he knew it too be stupid, yet he couldn't resist.

”œScorpius”¦ named after my father Scorpio Armegedon.

Xae-lin

An-Dur slowly began to rock on his heels as he waited for his new master to respond. He had watched quickly become enveloped in taking care of the baby on her back, she brought it around and began to cradle it. Leaving An-Dur to stare awkwardly on the pair, as if he was invading on their private time. Again he became self-conscious of his demon-like features and how he must look in the baby's eyes. Even despite the fact that the child seemed calm in his presence, An-Dur felt as if he was added baggage and again wanted nothing more than to turn and walk away. How come his first teacher, the one that would probably make the greatest impact on his young like have a child?! Nevertheless he managed to overcome his base desire and wait patiently for his mentor to finish her motherly duties.

As he waited he flashed her a sheepish smile before he averted his gaze, the least he could do was offer her that much privacy. To occupy his time he reflected on his past, and prepared himself for the trials ahead. Taking solace in that fact that like his people, when he set his mind to something, he would not back away from it. His gaze fell upon the many newcomers that had suddenly began to filter throughout the place, as if it had just woken up from its hibernation. He saw ships arrive and take off, saw others like himself wandering aimlessly, saw Jedi going about his business. Then his mind became lost in the fantasy of his future adventures as a guardian of the light. 'A champion of the lightsaber' and all that.

rainbowcat.jpg

"No."

Too hastily said, perhaps, but nonetheless it was true.

"I am not what you think I am, if that's what you're implying. I use the Force, yes, but I am not one of these Jedi of Legend you speak of. In my mind, no such thing exists. Modesty has nothing to do with it when it is fact."

He led on, quickly turning into a small room with some medical equipment in it, an old triage room from the demolished medical wing (which had since been rebuilt). Aryian booted up a piece of equipment, holding two paddlelike devices around Scorpius, moving them up and down his body, scanning him. In moments it was over, and he was reading the results to himself. It wasn't anything phenominal, but it certainly wasn't something to scoff at. He certainly had the potential of becoming a Knight, even a Master if he so chose.

He sighed, flipping the screen around so Scorpius could see it. It was a virtual silhouette of his body, surrounded with a glow that seemed to wildly fluctuate yet remained constantly bright.

"This is you, that glow is a representation of your current connection to the Force, whether you are aware of it or not. You are certainly able to learn to harness and use it's powers as your own, the question is, are you sure you want to. I warn you now, once you go down this path, there is no going back. With power, responsibility follows. If you wish to accept this burden, the burden of the Jedi..."

Aryian lowered his head, pausing a moment, unsure if he really wanted to do this, considering his own feelings for the Jedi and the Force at this moment.

"Then I will train you. I will await your descision tomorrow. Meet me on the top eastern parapet at sunrise. If you are not there, I will assume I know your answer."

Aryian walked out again, casually as before, walking calmly to the courtyard to simply sit on a bench and watch the intricate fountain that was its centerpiece. It was there that he would remain for some time, before finally catching a skiff back to the Alliance base, to meet back up with his wife.

Blz1mwg.png

With the impatience of a man with a new toy. He landed his ship. It wasn't graceful, just a decent landing that did not resemble being shot down.

Never the less shortly after the landing gear had been deployed and he had touched down. He had returned back to his hold. He wasn't finish with the creation of his new system.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

It was strange”¦ Aryian had snapped back with a response just as soon as Scorpius had managed to close his mouth. Aryian's instant denial of who he truly was concerned the padawan and yet he kept those feelings within, as he really had no real choice as his master pressed on with the conversation. Scorpius didn't mind, in fact, he was rather pleased that he wouldn't have to talk about it.

His problems are his own”¦ if he wishes to share them then I'll listen, but I won't go prying into his business. Thought the boy as he was led into a room with medical equipment. It was there that some tests were run and the results were then revealed to Scorpius. The silhouette on screen showed his connection with the force. It was strong just like his fathers”¦ but the wavering patterns reminded him of something that his mother had told him in his youth.

It was then that Aryian said his final peace and departed, leaving Scorpius to ponder the thought of having such a great teacher at his disposal. There wasn't much to think about really and because of this young Armegedon took the time to think upon what his training would be like, what things he'd be put through and how this experience would change his life.

When dawn was approaching Scorpius gathered his things and headed to the top eastern parapet. It would be there that his destiny would be outlined in the words of a wise man”¦ Aryian Darkfire. Who coincidently was waiting exactly where he said he would and just as the sun broke over the horizon, Scorpius voice bellowed outwards.

”œI believe that both of us know that I will take on any and all responsibilities that are given to me. And”¦ Aryian”¦ You now share a part in my destiny and I am honored to be taught by Gray Master.

It was early Aryian rose the next day, a sleepless night of tossing and turning. When he finally made his way to the balcony they were to meet on, he was disheveled and tired, albeit alive and awake. Hours seemed to pass as he stood there, though in all reality they were only minues. When the sun broke over through the horizon, stabbing the twilight as if it were a criminal, a solid voice resounded behind him. He turned to face Scorpius as he proclaimed his readiness. Aryian could only smirk, as he knew how ready the youth really was.

"I am not a Grey Jedi, neither am I a Master...I am merely a student of the Force, as we all are. True, I am...was...better at its use than most others, marking me apart within the Order, but it does not overshine the fact that I am still...simply a man. Never forget who you are, where you come from, and most importantly, who and what you care for, not whom you're taught to care for. If you can keep these things close to your heart and not forget them, then I will not only make you a Jedi, but a man as well."

Aryian leaned back against the railing, letting the light cool breeze blow through his bangs. It only served to wake him up more, and he might as well quit denying that he was going to stay awake.

"Tell me what you know of the Force. How it was described to you, in your own words. You will find in your tutelage that many things have many meanings, and one thing viewed one way may look completely different when viewed from another angle. The training, in essence, allows all of us to see from the same angle, and thus progress forwards efficiently. But listen to me ramble, go on, tell me."

Blz1mwg.png

((Finally got reliable internet back up. No more library for me!))

"My history does not carry with it the importance that some place upon it. For the time being, my story will remain in the skeletal form I give you: I was discovered to be Force-sensitive by a traveling Jedi Knight, and was directed here to receive training," Widdimur replied as he fell into step with the taller being. His destination was not clear at the moment, but he was satisfied that he seemed to be accepted, for the moment.

grimo2ov7.jpg

Scorpius was speechless”¦ never before had he been asked to describe the force, or for that matter had he ever had the force explained to him. There had been some hints dropped here and there by his mother, who tended to shy away from teaching the boy the ways of the force due to her darker past. What little had been taught to him Scorpius had managed to build a viewpoint on his own.

”œHonestly”¦ the force to me represents life. It can has its vices”¦ its temptations, but only through hard work and diligence can true success be achieved. The force is capable of many things”¦ from giving life to destroying it. One must handle it with great care because it can easily be abused.

Sirius nodded slightly. "Fair enough, though in time you will find yourself telling men greater than myself your secrets." The pair continued down the hall for a time before coming upon a large room. "Ah, here we are. Time for a bit of lunch I would say." He entered the mess hall, picking up a tray, and standing in line. He choose what he thought would be entertaining for a meal then moved to a vacant table, the new hopeful right behind him. "Now, tell me why you wish to become a Jedi..."

"No...that was beautiful. A harmonius description of the real. But you also need to understand the science aspect of it, despite already having an excellent grasp of the primal nature of the Force."

Aryian reached out his hand, drawing a small rock up from the balcony floor to his hand with the Force. He almost missed, but hid it rather well.

"The Force is, in essence, a large energy field expansive thrughout the known cosmos...wherever we have gone, it has been there. True, there are anomalies to it such as the Ysalamiri, but for the most part it still exists. We who are gifted with the ability to harness and use this energy in the tangible sense have in large concentration a number of microorganisms known as midichlorians living in our cells. This trait is usually passed genetically, but as most of Jedi philosophy is adverse to love and marriage, the majority of Jedi come from random manifestations in families. The midichlorians act as sort of a gateway, without them we would not know about the Force, or even be able to touch it."

He held his palm up with the rock he was toying with as he spoke, touching the Force to make the rock shakily float up and out as he moved his hand around it, finally making it float out to hover in front of Scorpius, who took it inquisitively.

"Tell me...what would you rather be, the knight in shining armor, or the wizened wizard? The scholar, or the crusader? What interests you?"

Blz1mwg.png

Grateful for the man's understanding and acceptance the situation, Widdimur selected an assortment of vegetables and piled them onto a tray. He took a seat across from the large human and continued the conversation. "I've always felt the urge to know myself better, if that makes sense to you. I struggle to find words to express this need. I know enough about the Order to know that much of its focus is set on developing the mind and bettering the soul; it's not all about epic duels and destroying evil as the holos would lead one to believe."

grimo2ov7.jpg

((So sorry that this took so long. I just got net access back. I'm really sorry!

BTW, Iniera is around three or four.))

Xae-Lin turned from her niece and considered the Zabrak's answer for a moment. ”œTrue that in the past your encounters with children might have been a bit uncomfortable, but more often than not children go by their feelings, they are the best indicators as to a person's character.”

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.