Challenge Respones #1- R2 to the Rescue- (Fin)

Silas

Most of my Challenge Responses will be quick posts, usually less than 1000 words. I enjoy writing them, and they give me some good ideas for my fics. I'm sorry they are so short, and if they're too short or whatever, just let me know or delete it.

-----------------------

R2 to the Rescue

C-3PO wondered through the hallways of the Tantive IV. He had been lost for some time now. Three hours, twenty-seven minutes, and thirty two seconds to be precise. He had wondered away from R2-D2 when the arrogant little droid had headed off to the Captain's quarters. The little droid always seemed so impulsive and aggressive. The echo of metallic footsteps followed 3PO down the hallway. The entire ship looked exactly the same to 3PO, and he knew, just knew that he would never see any of the people he knew again.

When he turned the next corner he stopped dead. Another droid stood in front of him holding a blaster. It was an IG model, known assassins, and 3PO couldn't decide what it was doing on a consular ship like the Tantive. It spoke in a very grainy, metallic voice.

”œDon't make any movements or sounds and turn around very slowly.”

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Hehe. Cute, Silas. While I can't see the scenario ever happening or going down as such (lol, C-3PO held at gunpoint by IG-88) you did a good job with the prompt. You caught some good glimpses of 3PO, particularly with:

"...and he knew, just knew that he would never see any of the people he knew again."

"Oh my, what have I gotten myself into?"

"I beg your pardon...but it isn't in my programming to perform the task you require."

It definitely made me laugh.

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

I agree--nice work. Cute ending, and I like how you portrayed both of the droids well.

One note: in most stories, authors will use "Threepio" and "Artoo" to designate the droids, instead of having the awkwardness of "3PO" and "R2". Just a suggestion to keep in mind. Sometimes using numerals like that breaks up the page and therefore the attention of the reader.

Nice job, though! I really enjoyed it!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 1 year later...