Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

"Well met, Master Aryan," Darex said. He hesitated for only a moment; after all, he had hoped for a peaceful evening alone with Darla, but that was not to be now, it seemed. He motioned to the table. "Have a seat. We were just about to have dinner. Would you care to join us?"

He excused himself to check on the food quickly and gave Darla a smile. "Sorry. I suppose even the best laid plans go awry. I invited our guest to join us for dinner. He needs some catching up with current events, and I suppose that is what I get for taking on the councilor position." He looked over at the noodles. "Looks like they're about ready."

He drained them and pulled out a jar of sauce, which he warmed in the reheater, then poured into a bowl. "Alright, if you'll just grab that bread over there, we're ready."

He moved back into the dining area where he had left Lusef and set the dish down on the table. "I'm no chef, master, so you'll have to forgive my cooking." He took a seat and introduced Lusef to Darla. "This is Darla Sar. Darla, meet Jedi Master Lusef Aryan."

He helped himself to some pasta and turned to Lusef again. "Well, what can I tell you? The Republic has attacked Coruscant, trying to take it from the Imperials. It was a multi-staged attack if I read the reports right, and it's still going on as we speak. Normally that would not be a surprise, but many of the Jedi have been feeling that this is more than just another takeover of Coruscant."

He frowned in thought. "I don't know what is going to happen, but I think everyone is feeling that it is going to be big. I personally believe that the Republic is simply going to try to solidify it's hold if it wins this battle, but I'm not sure of the details."

He took some bread and munched on it as he spoke. "As far as the Order is concerned, the biggest change is that the Grandmaster stepped down and her place was taken by Master Fitt.

"That's pretty much all I can tell you to fill you in on what has been going on in the galaxy. But you said you had business you wanted to discuss?"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Lusef politely takes a seat listening, his ears keenly picking up on the tone in Darex's voice as he spoke with Darla informing her their private dinner was cancelled. His faint, close mouthed smile grows a bit wider, sensing the usual notes of attachment and regret, love and affection. It would be very good to know at some future date.

As he sits, his nose smelling the noodles, he almost contemplated using a drop or two of small but highly lethal vial tucked into his robes. A mischevious impulse, but to what end? He knew enough that Jedi, any Force user worth his or her salt could sense danger, looking into the future. With an internal grimmace, Lusef knew the best way to maintain his cover was to simply purge all violent thoughts from his mind and give the Jedi's presense no reason to foresee any danger.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Darla," Lusef states gracefully, almost bowing. "I have heard word of your experiences with the Force, through the Darkness and back. It is an inspiration to all. Though," he adds, trying to sound curious, carefully trying to deflect possessive intent, "is it true you use a crimson lightsaber as a Sith would?"

Eating with his hosts, he listens, enjoying the food. The news of the three pronged attack was what he heard from old Imperial and Sith contacts, though he acted with the appropriate level of surprise.

"Word has also come back to me of something resembling routs against us at Krayiss II and Ilum," he offers back. "I'm fuzzy on the details though." He wondered if Coruscant would hold or fall. A premonition struck him, sensing something huge readying. To what end he did not know.

The news of Draygo-Darkfire stepping down however did register genuine surprise. It also registered at some level deep inside, some sadness, their rivalry across idealogical lines being something he staked himself on.

"I have been out of the loop," he concludes softly, his brown, lense covered eyes narrowing. "It seems like she's been head of the order forever, one of those constants. Any word on why she stepped aside?" he probes. "She was also a very... Hmm.... resolute... leader, though I never had much, if any contact with her." He tried to remember Kitt, but realized he had little, if any contact with the Jedi.

Finishing his plate, he leans back in his chair, relaxed. "In regards to business, I'm taking my padawan, Kari to her homeworld on Shili. Her path has been... complicated by results beyond her control. I merely wished to stock up on some supplies, training gear, and so on." He hesitates a moment, deciding how much to offer up of his padawan's story. "The girl's young, but has memories of a former life, a former incarnation with the Jedi Order starting to surface. It appears she's a child-clone of one of our sisters in the order from well over a two decades ago. She's starting to gain back some of those memories now. I have some faculties in dealing with minds, but it has been complicated." He wondered what she was up to aboard the ship and if she was resting up, his mind flitting away to check on her.

"My next item, a small order of business, is to see if there's any secure training grounds left for us after Shili. Gala's likely to be attacked if the Empire strikes back, this place might be safe, but I do not wish to take any chances with her." He almost chuckles. "And I guess I should see the new Grand Master of the order to make a proper introduction."

O how wretched is that poor man that hangs on princes favors! There is betwixt that smile we would aspire to, that sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin, more pangs and fears than wars or women have, and when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, never to hope again.

-William Shakespeare

Kari sits quietly alone aboard her ship, her thoughts focused and her mind at ease for the time being, the can crumpled within her grasp. She simply stared at it's wrinkled form, remembering Lusef's words yet unable to shake a feeling that felt so wrong, so unnatural. She knew he had his reasons for teaching her to choke someone unconscious, but all it would take would be a minor miscalculation or a flare of one's temper to spell certain death for the receiving end.

But despite her unease with her new skill, she let her mind forget it, and laid complete trust in his instructions. Doing as she did twice before, she delved into the Force, allowing her mind to becom one with the metal a raise the can to a shadow of it's former shape. Grasping it, she hovering it at eye level before crushing it again with the closing of her fist.

"Kari my dear sister..." Ventra... or rather Tori, spoke as her form grew from the shadows that lined the cargo's corridors. Lusef would feel her presence, but only due to his connection with Kari. "He only teaches you to survive where other's could not."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

When Lusef entered, Darla had a strange tingle through the Force. Did she know this man? It was a sense of familiarity, but when she got a good look at him she could place his face at all. She put the feeling down to the strangeness that she had been feeling in general lately. Also her annoyance at having their dinner interrupted wasn't helping her mood. But she and Darex couldn't hide away from the rest of the Galaxy forever. Perhaps that was what it was, Darla just wasn't ready to face other people yet.

You can't just hide away in this little room, it'll drive you crazy”¦

With that thought she greeted Lusef and tried her best to be sociable.

Lusef's words shocked her. It startled her that he knew a fair bit about her, when she had no idea who he was. His questions left her unsettled.

”œI”¦ I”¦ Did have a Sithsaber once, but that was many years ago. I'm no longer Jedi or Sith and don't carry a Lightsaber anymore.”

Rannrsig.jpg

The tale of Lusef's padawan was very interesting. Darex didn't think he had ever heard of anything like that happening before; or at least, not that he had heard of. But the galaxy was a big place. He noted what Lusef said about his capabilites in dealing with minds, and got the feeling that Lusef was exactly the type of person a padawan like her would need.

He smiled inwardly when Darla volunteered to speak with the girl. He had always seen that situations like this were a strength of hers; he had seen it with Shy and with Aerec. He was glad she was speaking up now and offering her services. It would do the padawan good.

"A secure training ground outside of Gala?" he repeated the Master's request. He frowned in thought. "Your best bet is actually here on Haruun Kal, or at Double Helix. I believe the Grandmaster is currently on Gala, though, so perhaps you'd want to wait to introduce yourself fully until all of this plays out."

FDY9u6P.png

Jeremiah and myself sat in awe as we gazed upon Master Trevelian's duel with the padawan Dahar, words like elegance and grace being an understatement in it's description as they wielded the Force and themselves with such command and understanding. It felt as if we were watching two beings dance about with hearts filled full of rhythm and beats, something the Echani in myself respected beyond compare. But even Jeremiah himself found his eyes mesmerized by their display. I found it a bit hilarious to see the adept silent for so long, a feat i thought impossible. In silence, i chuckled.

"Do you believe the Force could aid us in so many ways?" I finally broke the silence between ourselves with a question, one that had found a stronger urge to be asked with each movement of their feet and hands. "Not only in our skills and beliefs, but in the very core of who we are?"

"What do you mean, Rai?" Jeremiah replied, his gaze adverting from the duel for only a moment as he realized my question, seeing not only the literal meaning but a question of myself. "Like the reason you left the Order before?"

"I don't know.... Maybe." I was unsure myself as to it's true meaning myself, only that i found myself questioning it, my thoughts on the past and present of those who stood before us. "I look at these two, and i wonder. Did they know they had such skill when they once sat where we do now?"

"Perhaps they asked the same as you do now." I too found myself amazed that Jeremiah replied with such wisdom, as it was such a rarity for the young adept just as it was for me as well. But Jeremiah simply played off the moment with a solemn joke as he always did when moments such as this slipped. "By the Force, i think i sounded just like Master Da'hara there. Shame be my fate!"

With a chuckle, he went back to viewing the duel just as i, though my thoughts stayed upon the question until the duel finally came to it's close and Master Trevelian began his questions. Still amazed by their display, Jeremiah listened attentively while i simply faded in and out of the conversation. So when Master Trevelian approached, i was dumbfounded in my response. I sat in silence, expecting Jeremiah to fill me in on what i had missed, but to much of my surprise, Jeremiah held no questions or thoughts on what he had just learned.

As we were dismissed, i quickly caught up with Jeremiah as he headed out the door. "What did i miss Jeremiah?"

"You weren't listening again, were you?" He questioned, his usual stench of being above filling me in floating about him, and in truth, it annoyed me. "Guess you'll have to ask him yourself."

Perturbed, i walked back to our quarters alone just as i aways did when i found myself upset with Jeremiah. Gathering my things, i figured a night outside would clear my head and help me find focus. After grabbing my supper on the go, i made my way out to the hut where i usually went for seclusion. It was here that i thought back to the duel and few parts of the conversation that i did catch, but only one question remained above the rest. It was the same question that remained in my mind during the duel's conclusion.

"Can the Force really change who we are and define who we will become?" I thought to myself as i made my way back inside after sunset, my heading not to my quarters, but to Master Trevelian's.

Though i was unaware of his company, my nerves were already racked that i may have displeased him if he had felt my confusion earlier. Still i headed toward his room, determined to get the answer to my question. But once i arrived, i found myself lost in weariness outside his door. Three times i attempted to knock, and three times i stopped myself, weary that i may awaken or disturb him. And in truth, the last time i attempted to knock, i almost walked away without an answer. But determination wouldn't allow me, and with a deep exhale, i finally knocked.

"Master Trevelian?"

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

Lusef smiles as Darla speaks, taking on the gravitas of a jolly natured teacher, wiser, friendly and patient.

"Oho, I thank you heartily for your offer my dear. I might even ask for your help later. I admit, this has been an unusual situation with my padawan. I cannot yet tell how well the memories are gelling in her mind. She also," he adds slowly, feeling a now all too familiar presense stir on the back of his head, "seems to be watched over by her aunt, a practicing Sith. It makes me feel... uneasy since I doubt her intentions. Well, there is hope going to Shili, where her original self was raised and buried might help clear some of her ghosts, and hopefully set her on the path." Though speaking matter of fact, his tone seems to now take on a probing quality, almost asking what Darla thought of this course- his smile clearly showing a good natured value for her opinion "Oh, and as for the Sithsaber... I'd like to study that at one point if I could," he adds, almost as if an afterthough. "Their technical workings interest me even if I find their use and surrounding teachings... ah... supsect."

"As for Helix, I've heard rumors of the original one, lost ages ago. There's a new one? A Double-Helix?" he adds with a hearty laugh. "I've been looped out twice over," he adds, slipping in the pun with a wink. "I think that might indeed be the place to conclude her training. Might I have the coordinates for that place? I'd like to test out these new facilities."

With that, there is a knock at the door. Lusef eyes dart towards it. "Not my apprentice I'd think," he adds, curious. "I'd feel it if it was her. One of yours?"

O how wretched is that poor man that hangs on princes favors! There is betwixt that smile we would aspire to, that sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin, more pangs and fears than wars or women have, and when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, never to hope again.

-William Shakespeare

Darla was sure that Lusef wanting to see her Sithsaber was just idle curiousity, so she didn't think too much on the matter. He seemed a friendly enough sort, even if he was a little inquisitive.

"I destroyed my Sithsbaber many years ago. There was too much pain and aspects of my own darkness tied up in it and didn't think that it was right to keep it. I could explain their construction to you I you like, but as for showing you one... You'll need to meet a real Sith for that."

Darla was actually quite interested in visiting Double Helix herself. As far as she knew it was where her dear friend Skye spent most of her time. It would be so good to see her. It would also be a good oportunity for Skye to check her over. 

She hadn't been feeling 100% and Skye was the finest healer in the galaxy. With her Force talents she could pick up on things that others would miss. There was a good chance that Darla was fine and was merely weak while her body recovered. But getting the all clear from Skye would put her mind at rest.

"Darex, I'd actually like to go to Helix myself. There's an old friend of ours that I think is long over due for a visit."

With that there was a knock at the door. Lusef asked Darex if it was one of his apprentices. Darla had only briefly met the group that Darex had spent the day with. She wasn't sure if he'd actually decided to take any of them on as his own Padawan.

Rising from the small table that the three had been eating at, Darla made her way to the door. The man waiting there seemed a little timid, Darla recognised him from early but had forgotten his name.

"Um, Hi. Come on in, we were just eating." Darla figured they already had one surprise dinner guest, what harm would one more do? "Im sure we could put you up a plate if you're hungry, there's plenty of food left."

She spoke in a kindly manner, sensing the man's unease and wanting to put him at rest.

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex nodded. "Yes, the Double-Helix is a replacement of the old station. It's not new, but I can certainly provide you with the coordinates." He found it strange that this Jedi Master didn't already know them; regular updates were sent out from time to time among all members of the Order so that they would be informed of new procedures and possible training sites. But then, the man struck Darex as the eccentric type, and there was no harm in helping him.

He smiled at Darla as she spoke up and indicated her interest in visiting the station as well. If she wanted to go there, they would have to leave soon, for Darex's presence had been requested on Gala if at all possible. No matter, he thought. As she rose to answer yet another knock on the door, he turned back to Lusef. "If your padawan is interesting in learning healing, Helix may be the best place to go as well. My old master Skye Organa is there, and it is true that there is no healer in the Order more knowledgable or experienced than her. Your padawan could learn a good deal from her, not only of the actual arts of healing, but of compassion." He leaned back in his chair. "Skye has always been a more controversial member of the Order, due to the lengths she goes to. She heals anyone who comes to her for aid, even Sith." He gazed at Lusef. "I know she once healed Kakuto Ryu, and even saved the life of the infamous hunter Vladimir Faust. That was an interesting experience," he said, chuckling. "Personally, I think her compassion is laudable, and some, like Faust, have honor and have done their best to repay their debts to her. However, since I don't know your views, I felt I should inform you about her and let you make the decision."

He sat up straight again. "But perhaps your padawan has no wish to learn to heal. Whatever you decide, Double-Helix Station would be a good place for both of you to get away from the hustle and bustle of the galaxy and get some good training done."

He glanced away from Lusef as Darla invited their other guest inside. Darex recognized Rai and bid him take a seat. "Yes, join us, Rai. Are you hungry? How can we help you?"

FDY9u6P.png

Lusef gives only the faintest sign at the destruction of the Sithsaber... what he thought of as his Sithsaber. No matter, the crimson one was a trophy and his current ones suited him all the better.

"Perhaps," he offers, his tone inviting and warm, "we could travel there together after Shili. I'd appreciate the company and you can help out with my padawan." That would have been the end of it really, then Darex spoke.

Lusef's face steadies as Skye's name is mentioned, then froze at the mention of his real name. His hand steadies at his hips, joining Darex in chuckling, though he really readied his hands to draw his lightsabers, the paranoid part of his mind wondering if the jig was up. The moment passes and he feels confident again... but....

"Indeed?" he queries softly, his voice, quiet, very quiet, though a warm smile still rests on his face- never mind the absolute chill pulsing deep inside. "Might that not have been a mistake?" he presses, "I mean, what honor do you think people like the infamous hunter may have? Would someone like him really feel, or act indebted to your order... given all I've heard about him?"

-William Shakespeare

"No thank you." I replied to Darla's offer, the evidence of my surprise that Master Trevelian had guest publicly announced by my enlarged pupils. I hadn't figured on others being present, which naturally made my nervousness even more present. Yet as my gaze shifted back to Darla, most notably her eyes as i was always taught to do when i spoke to someone, a calming relief washed over me. "Maybe something to drink though, if it isn't much trouble."

Making my way into the room, i first acknowledged Master Aryan with a slight bow before my gaze shifted to Master Trevelian and i gave a courtesy nod as i took the offered seat. My reactions were mere instinct as my determination silently slipped away, not having counted on others being present when i finally delivered my question. Yet, i could not turn back now either, the moment far passed. As i waited for Darex and Lusef to finish their conversation, my mind raced with the possibilities of the question's outcome.

"Do you believe the Force changes one's being?" I asked abruptly once Master Aryan finished, the words stumbling from my mouth as they rushed forward toward release. "The thought crossed my mind earlier during your duel with Padawan Dahar, of how little you may have known your true self at the beginning of your own Apprenticeship."

I knew my question would likely be confusing for those who did not understand the reasoning behind the question, and i knew my past would soon find it's way out in the open soon enough. So i told my tale.

"I was an Orphan when the Jedi took me in, both parents slaughtered before i could remember them. And the only thing i know of them was that my father was once a Jedi and my mother Echani."

"I've never known either of my heritages, only the Jedi. So when i became old enough, i briefly left the Order. But as it was the only thing i have ever known, i was quck to find that it was truly home. So i have returned, as you can see."

"Though i've found my home, i was never able to find myself... Who it is i truly am." I found it odd that i spoke so freely, but for some reason, i felt as if i could tell all to this man before me. "So my only question is- Can the Force aid me in this as well?"

((Sorry Robbie. I'll get to Kari tomorrow. Her little subplot isn't big, so it'll be easy to quickly finish up if needed.))

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

"A mistake?" Darex shook his head. "No, I do not think so. I've given it some thought. I don't think it was wrong of Skye to save Faust's life. He was dying and desolate; I don't know what he faced, but it was clearly big. A life is still a life, and as you know, as Jedi, our duty is to protect all life, no matter whose. It is not for us to kill just because the person might kill someone else in the future.

"But to answer your question, I do believe Faust has some honor. After we saved his life, he made sure to repay the debt. I think most of it was just that he hated the idea of being indebted to the Jedi, and he certainly made life miserable for us again afterwards, but the very fact that he pays his debts makes me believe he has some honor buried deep within his psyche. I was on Mon Calamari with Darla and my former padawan Aerec getting lightsaber crystals." Darex kept his voice carefully neutral. "Faust showed up there, and while he captured Darla and Aerec, he set me free. I think that was him trying to repay me for helping Skye save his life and not killing him when I could have."

He took a sip of water and placed the glass down again. "But there is another reason I believe some ounce of good yet exists in the Hunter. I met his...wife? Lover? I don't know what she was to him precisely. I met her and their son while I was on Coruscant one time. The fact that he could love someone enough to have a child with her proves to me that there is a chance left for him. Mind you, he's not a very good father; Reagan practically wanted to kill him for abandoning her and the boy." He saw Rai waiting for him to be finished, so he closed with a final thought. "I don't think there is any chance for a Jedi to convince Faust to turn back to the light side; I think he is too far gone for anybody but himself to convice him to do so. He is still a monster, but just like with every being I have ever met, there is good buried deep down within him."

As he finished, he noticed Lusef seemed a bit uneasy, so he apologized. "Perhaps you don't agree; you have every right to. I know many Jedi think differently of him. But regardless, the last time I saw him the Emperor had put a blaster bolt through his abdomen, so hopefully the galaxy has seen the last of Vladimir Faust."

Darex then turned his gaze away from Lusef and onto the young man that had just joined them at the table. He seemed ill at ease and nervous, but Darex was unsurprised. The hopeful clearly wasn't used to being in the presence of several powerful Force-users.

He listened to the young man's question. It was a good one. Before he could respond, however, Rai launched into an explanation. When he finished, Darex leaned back in his chair and stroked his goatee. "The answer to your question is overall yes. When you learn to listen to the Force, it grants you wisdom and understanding, as well as deep empathic connections to those around you. This process can definately change the person if they were not like that before their training."

He gave a half smile. "As for finding out who you truly are, a lot of that comes with simply getting older and more mature." The man wasn't very old; Darex put him about his mid-twenties. He still had some growing up to do. "Believe me, I was quite a different person when I was your age. The Jedi helped me mature, and the Force definately played a role as well."

He crossed his arms over his chest. "Does that answer your question?"

FDY9u6P.png

"Tori!" Exclaimed Kari as she turned to view her sister, tears of joy filling her eyes as her arms opened to receive Ventra. "I see not all of the Darkside is about death or destruction. It aids you well."

"That it does dear sister, that it does." Ventra spoke, a slight swelling in pride present amidst her words as she found solace in Kari's arms. "But let us not dwell on Philosophy. I did not think you would ever be able to overcome your Master's betrayal, let alone so easily."

"I still have yet to heal from the wounds he left, but i manage." Kari smiles at her younger sister, as if still seeing the youthful sibling as she once was. It seems to bother Ventra a bit, but overlooks it as joy of their reunion grasps her darkened heart. "This new Master, there is something different about him. He seems caring, yet only as a father would his own child. And his past..."

"Is so much like ours. I know." Ventra speaks in her usual cold tone at the mention of Lusef- or Faust as she knew him. She knew he would never be able to destroy the light that was Kari, especially now that the original had return. But still, Ventra's doubt grew heavy. She HAD been wrong before. "A hard life has always been our story. Your death, my downfall, even Angela..."

Tori goes quiet at the mention of Angela, causing Kari to grow suspicious. The question had yet to enter her mind, but now it rang as church bells did every Sunday on Coruscant. Kari studies her sister as tears fills her eyes, hoping that she would be wrong in her readings of Tori. Three sisters, triplets born to an unmarried mother, a product of their mother's rape at the hands of her owner. But only Tori and Kari were given the gift. Poor Angela never knew freedom from their bitter mother.

"Where is Angela?" Kari asks, fighting back the tears that seemed to overpower even Ventra's control. "Where is our little sister?"

jediz2.jpg

"Kari Koi"

"Aye. I suppose it does." I spoke, nodding my head to ensure him that i received the answer i had been looking for. "I suppose I've been dwelling on my past for so long that I've forgotten i have a future to worry about."

But something else had been bothering me, actually a couple of things truth be told. First and foremost was this Faust guy in which the two Masters had conversed upon. Normally i wouldn't have even voiced an opinion over the Masters conversation. But with my own subject slightly intertwined with their's of his, i felt compelled to. The other, this pull i had felt to Master Trevelian, would have to wait.

"Forgive me, Masters, but there is one thing that bothers me about this Faust character in which you speak." I said with a slight mumble, yet loud enough to be heard. "Surely if he is indeed as honorable as you say, he is not completely lost. Perhaps all he needs to change, is for someone to believe in him as he should believe in himself. This is a lesson i, myself, should learn as well."

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

Lusef listens, his face slowly becoming a stonelike mask. Darex's argument both refuted... his bond with Reagan and his children... and confirmed, calling him a monster beyond redemption, Faust's twisted worldview.

Jared and Camilla....

The irony was he abandoned them to save them, knowing very damn well how numerous his enemies were. Reagan's anger was very real, but she was also the one that helped "revive" him in the aftermath of their plan with Emperor Black- taking a high velocity slug that passed clean through- not a blaster bolt, dumping his shock ridden body in the bacta filled coffin to heal up. The loss of his daughter came as something beyond his power when Corellia all but died in one fell swoop. He swore them off since, hardening his heart- in part for their sake as much as his own.

Of course this human spark, also didn't stop him from keeping Darex and Darla alive to use them and use them well, all but goading the so-called Mandalorian Fett into breaking the Republic-Imperial treaty... or trying to use them now.... In his heart, he would never... could never admit to feeling indebted to these two.

"There's Light in Dark in everyone," he concludes aloud, almost a whisper. "It's the nature of the universe, of people, and of the Force itself, but they will always, always be in conflict. I believe it predestined. Given this eternal war, I would argue it's best to strike decisive victories where one may." He glaces up at Darex, suddenly remembering his place, here, in the Jedi Temple, surrounded by them, and with an apprentice he needed to train. He needed to draw back a bit. "It's harsh," he adds with carefully delivered softness and sadness, "but it's the only way we can win this so that Light will prevail."

He notices Darex's padawan and casually probes him with the Force, trying to get a sense of this newcomer- there was something familiar there, something that reminded him of his apprentice, but only on the surface. He mentally shrugs it off, getting back to the business at hand.

"Now, about Double Helix, I'd like to see about the coordinates so we can hea-" Lusef suddenly pivots, facing towards where his ship was, frowning and sensing a strong emotional burst from his padawan. This was something to be exploited and probed further. "There's something up with my padawan," he states flatly, hurring towards the door. "Mayhaps we could meet up at Helix after Shili? At least if I can find it?" he asks, almost slipping fully back into Luse'fs jovial persona.

-William Shakespeare

Darex nodded. "Perhaps. I've met him enough times that I am convinced that he would need to be open to the suggestion for him to even think about turning, but perhaps you are right, young one."

Lusef ended the conversation with a quiet opinion. Darex found it an interesting one, and a view not currently help by many Jedi in the Order, but nevertheless, what he was saying did have some truth. He didn't comment, however, as Lusef seemed eager to go. "Of course," he said. "We'll see you on Helix. I'll send the coordinates to your comm."

He flashed Darla a smile before looking back over at Rai. "Well, are your questions answered? If so, I have a question to put to you. I find myself in the position of needing a padawan learner. Would you be willing to learn from me?"

FDY9u6P.png

Darla was quite excited about the prospect of visiting Skye. She hadn't thought that Darex would be willing to leave so soon. Now she had something to look forward to. Even though it was a simple visit with a friend, she had been feeling directionless and this gave her something small to focus on for now.

No sooner than she began to get excited about seeing Skye, the conversation once again veered towards Faust...

She hadn't thought about him in a long time. For such a long time she had been obsessed with her hunt for Kakuto Ryu. Buy hadn't been long before the hunt began that she was Fausts' captive. There were so many bitter memories regarding that man. When the others spoke of him, the sparks of hate within Darla began to rise into a small flame.

As the conversation continued, Darla learned some interesting things. Faust was a father. Even stranger was the fact that Reagan was the mother of his child. The last time Darla HD seen her, she was one run from Faust who was hunting her down for the bounty on her head.

It really was strange how things worked out. This news made Darla calm down. Although Darex was condeming Faust to never change, Darla wasn't so sure. If he truly loved Reagan and his child, then he wasn't really lost. Not for good. 

Even the great Lord Vader had been redeemed by the love of his son.

Darla said fairwell to Lusef, wondering if they'd ever see their guest again. They were supposed to meet him at Double Helix, but Darla knew that plans made didn't always work out.

She begano wash up the plates her mind continuing to dwell on Faust. Darla had always been a strong believer in redemption. But this was the first time she had ever considered Faust capable of it. Darla liked the fact that she was able to let of her hatred and anger. For many years she has carried around so much of it aimed at the hunter.

Maybe I'm getting soft with age... Darla thought to herself with a smile.

She half listened to Darex and Rai, while she washed up. The younger man seemed to have calmed down a lot during their talks. He had been so nervous upon his arrival. 

Darla wondered if she would say yes to Darexs' question. She 

was quite looking forward to having a new travelling companion.

Considering that she had wanted to eat alone with Darex and had been irritated by the interruptions, te evening had been quite pleasant.   

Rannrsig.jpg

Lusef hurries back to the ship, though his hand strays very close to his lightsaber as well. His anger rose, keeping it carefully in check- His padawan's sorry he could deal with. The third man so to speak, however, was an issue.

Quickly boarding, he takes in firm details, observing matters in a detached fashion. He speaks first to Ventra.

"Have you lost your mind, coming to a Jedi base like this?" he states quietly. "The concentrated energies here might be enough to pick up on someone's radar." While at face value, for Kari, it might mean the Jedi searching, but Lusef was still unsure of his own dark aura. Turning towards his tear stricken padwan, he hurried past Ventra. "I've told you before, this is my padawan," he states quietly, though loud enough so Kari could hear. "I do not trust you and want you gone. This is your last warning."

Placing one hand on his padawan's shoulder, he gives a quick mental probe, gaining a sense of what happened- fighting crudely, but effectively through the twin and still merging layers of consciousness. There's a bit of a shock- a lost sister. That immediately strikes a cord with Lusef.

"I see. Oh, Kari, Kari, Kari... Ventra," he orders, "stay and give us a clear answer what happened. We might need to work on our gameplan at Shili."

-William Shakespeare

"It would be my pleasure to learn from you, Master Trevelian." I spoke, with shock. I had wondered if he would take me on, but i never truly believed he would. I went silent for a moment, my gaze adverting upon his companion as i realized something. "But what your other Padawan?"

Of course i spoke of Darla, as my hand motions suggested. And i was mistaken in my assumption, though at the time i truly thought of her as his padawan learner. Little did i know. "I have heard of Masters taking on more than one, but thought it was under rare circumstances."

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

As Lusef bursts in, Kari fall to her knees from surprise and heartache, a truth having been realized with not a words spoken. Ventra on the other hand boils with anger as Lusef speaks, even thoughts of beheading the bastard right where he stood crossed her mind. Yet she stood in quietness, watching in pain as her older sister fell apart at the realization that Angela was dead.

"You and i need to talk in private Lusef Aryan..." Ventra speaks aloud, her hand reaching down to grasp her sister's shoulder in an attempt to console her. As she departs toward another part of the ship, a mental touch grasps Faust's mind. "And do not worry about my presence attracting attention. They would notice you before they would me."

"This was what i was afraid of!" Ventra explodes upon him as they clear Kari's ear, the Sith slamming her fist into the durasteel paneling. "You have my gratitude for reviving her true form. But this is something that Kari should NEVER remember. It was she that killed Angela. Though i was able to hinder her memories, during times of duress such as a drunken mother beating her child, Kari's instinct would return. And with it, came her former knowledge."

Meanwhile, Kari remains within the cargo hold, finding her form still slumped upon the ground as her eyes grow heavy from her crying. Slowly the crying hinders, fading as if carried away upon the distancing wind, until finally it stops and Kari falls to sleep. She still had yet to remember the truth, but little did Tori know she could never stop it. Kari was fated to carry her burdens. And not even Tori could overpower her sister.

"The woman her cloned version knew as Mother, was Angela- Our sister. I can never forgive her for scarring Kari as sh did, but Kari and I were able to escape." Ventra speaks, her cold tone calmed. "Angela wasn't blessed by the gift, and after our mother died, became her. Nor did she know Kari was cloned, believing her to be an abomination just as our other taught us to believe that we were."

"I just didn't see any of this at the time."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

((OOC: By the way, Jin, the word "I" is always capitalized, not just at the beginning of a sentence. ))

Darex chuckled at the young man's assumption. "No, Darla is not my padawan." He laughed again. "She is a full Knight, and has been for some time. But even if that wasn't the case, there is no rule in the Order against taking multiple padawans, even if it isn't often done."

He was very amused at Rai's assumption. Darla had been an apprentice at the same time he had, many years ago. Of course, he reflected, that didn't mean much; he and Skye had been hopefuls at the same time and she had been knighted and taken him as her padawan.

He rose. "Well then, Rai, it's getting late. Tomorrow we'll be leaving Haruun Kal, and we'll start your training." He put a hand on the his new padawan's shoulder. "I'll see you in the morning."

He walked the young man to the door and saw him out. He felt good about his choice; the Force seemed to settle around him in a familiar way, the wrinkle of suggestion smoothing away. He gathered up the remaining dishes and joined Darla in the kitchen. He tossed her a wink as he crossed the threshold. "Apparently, you look young enough to be my padawan." He set down the dishes and came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her slim waist and kissing her on the cheek. "So much for a nice evening alone. I hope you didn't mind that too much. What did you think of Lusef and Rai?"

He let her go and began putting away the clean dishes.

FDY9u6P.png

Darla laughed to herself. She didn't turn around though as she listened to Darex explain that she wasn't his Padawan. Rai left soon after and she and Darex were alone at last.

"I think that I was actually a Sith Lord when you were a Padawan." She was teasing him a little, but it was probably true. "What would Rai have thought if you'd told him that?"

Darla took the misunderstanding as a compliament. She hadn't been feeling particularly youthful recently so it was nice to know that she didn't appear to be over the hill yet. When she thought about it, she'd never really thought of Darex as older than her. But the cloned body that she was in had taken several years off her real age. Which was an age she wasn't even sure of anymore. That was slightly worrying.

"I think Rai isn't used to the idea of two Jedi being a couple so he asumed that since we were staying together, that was te nature of our relationship." she looked down at her clothes. " It probably doesn't help matters that I'm wearing these robes."

Darla didn't really feel comfortable in them an would much rather something else. But where could she buy new clothes on Haruun Kal?

"He seems nice, a little on the nervous side. Lusef on the other hand... There was something strange about him. I can't quite place it. But it startled me that he knew so much about us and we've never heard of him... I guess word gets around. Before we head to Helix, do you mind if we stop somewhere where I can buy some new clothes. This obviously gives people the impression I'm a Jedi... Which I'm not... Anymore..."

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex grinned at her jest. "You're probably right. As for the clothes, no problem. There should even be a trading outpost right near this Temple if you want. Jedi do occasionally need to remain inconspicuous. It won't be the nicest stuff, but it's an option. Otherwise, we can easily stop somewhere."

He put away the last of the dishes and dried his hands. "We should probably leave in the morning. I got a comm from Fitt saying that he's going to be calling the Council together. I might have to make a trip to Gala, but we'll go to Helix first."

He glanced at his chrono. It was late, but not too late. He stretched and moved out of the kitchen and into the bedroom. He took off his outer robe and boots, then sat down on the edge of the bed. When Darla came in, he reached out and took her waist, drawing her down onto his lap. "How was your day?" He kissed her gently. "What did you do while I was off knighting Dahar?"

FDY9u6P.png

"I actually wasn't feeling too good, I wondered around for a bit then came back here and spent the afternoon laying in bed. I don't think it's anything really serious. More than anything I'm just feeling a bit directionless. Which is why I'm really looking forward to visiting Skye. It gives me a little something to look forward to, plus I'd like her to check me over and make sure that there isn't anything wronmg with that the doctors here might have missed. I trust her more than anyone in that respect, she's the best there is. If Skye gives me the all clear then I know that whatever it is all in my head. Then I can stop feeling sorry for myself and get on with things.

"Plus seeing my best friend,girl friend that is, should cheer me up anyways."

Darex really was her best friend, although they were now more than friends. But Skye had been a sister and a teacher to Darla. She did miss the woman dearly. It had been a while since she had had any kind of female company.

The next morning Darla woke up early and headed to the trading post. She was excited about the journey and wanted to get her new clothes as soon as possible. On the way there, she began to feel a little queasy and began to worry that she was going to be sick again. The feeling passed and Darla was relieved that she didn't have to rush to one of the 'Freshers.

At the trading post she bought a few simple outfits, one casual, one dress and a rugged black flight suit that was practical and very much her usual look.

As soon as she got back to their quarters, Darla changed into her flight suit and took the robes back to Jedi. Once she had returned she made some coffee and awoke Darex.

"Good morning." She said standing over him with a steaming mug. In her new outfit, with her hair pulled back in a loose bun at the back of her neck, she looked very much her old self.

She reached down to kiss him and then placed the mug into his hands.

"I've been to the trading post, I've got some new clothes and I'll packed and ready."

The grin she gave Darex, made her appear even more to be her old self and showed just how happy she was to be visiting Skye.

Rannrsig.jpg

The Jedi Master slept well, and woke to Darla's cheerful face and steaming mug of caf. He returned her smile. "If I had known how happy a visit to Skye would make you, I would have taken you sooner," he teased. She looked better than she had in weeks, and Darex was pleased that her good spirits seemed to be reasserting themselves.

After drinking his caf, he hopped in the 'fresher and took a shower, then put on a clean set of robes. His lightsaber returned to it's customary place on his belt, but other than that, Darex had nothing he had to pack; like many Jedi, he didn't have many material posessions except for a small traveling satchel. The satchel held a personal hygiene kit, a pack or two of standard rations, some spare parts for his comlink and lightsaber, and one change of clothes. As it was, he hadn't bothered ever unpacking the thing, so it was still as ready to go as it had been when they arrived on Haruun Kal.

He grabbed a piece of fruit off the centerpiece. While he ate, he sent a comm to Rai, telling his new padawan to meet them in the hanger, as they were ready to leave. Shutting the 'link down, he rose. "Do you have everything? Ready to go?"

He grabbed his satchel and Darla's bag, and together they made their way to the hanger. "I told Rai to meet us here. I suppose we'll take that shuttle," he said, pointing to a small ship to their right. "It seems the right size. Why don't you warm up the engines? I'll wait out here for Rai and in the meantime I'll get the latest coordinates for Helix."

FDY9u6P.png

((That's going to be a hard habit to break.))

After I excused myself from Master Trevelian's quarters, I made my way to my own. I was now a Padawan, almost forgetting my mistake about Darla as well as my anger at Jeremiah from earlier. When i arrived, I began to pack my things when Jeremiah stirred from his slumber. I could barely contain my excitement.

"Master Trevelian has chosen me as his padawan!" I whispered to Jeremiah. "Can you believe it? I'm finally a Padawan Learner!"

"That's great..." Jeremiah replied, though his voice sounded depressed. "I suppose you'll be leaving then?"

"Jeremiah?" I questioned. "Is everything alright?"

"It's fine Rai." Jeremiah's voice returned normal. "I suppose I'm just tired."

That night I could barely sleep, my thoughts lost upon endless possibilities. And though I was tired the next morning, one could barely tell it. My energy knew no bounds. Receiving Darex's comm, i headed toward the hanger area. I wanted to say farewell to Jeremiah, but he had left before I awoke, and as I arrived, he wasn't there either. Saddened, I approached.

"I am ready when you are Master." I spoke, though I had already overheard their conversation about using the Shuttle. I have a ship if you'd rather use it. It's a light freighter, but has more room."

Pointing to the south, my hand exposed a ship that I had moved from where i previously landed. "I call her Hell Hound I."

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

Lusef's gaze is steely as he listens, a glint of memory appearing in his mind, quickly shut away. That was one passage in his past he did not ever contemplate revisiting, ever- one not even Reagan knew about.

"I will handle this," he states quietly once the speech was finished, his voice a harsh rasp, "trust me that." He already knew how to handle this, mentally playing the scenario out in his mind. "You followed me here, and proved useful, but this warning is it. I've seen worse scenarios and even created them myself, so do not fear for the child. I do however, want a free hand, and without your tampering- and I will get it, one way or the other."

-William Shakespeare

Darex raised an eyebrow when he received the Helix coordinates. Personally, he didn't think it was the best idea to move it to the Gala system; if Gala was attacked then all the Jedi's eggs would be in one basket. But it did make it convenient for him to be able to be physically present for the Council meeting if the planet's surface was only a half an hour journey away. True to his word, he forwarded the coordinates to Lusef.

As Rai came up, Darex nodded. "If you want to take her, then we certainly can." He stuck his head in the shuttle and informed Darla of the change of plans, then all three headed to Rai's ship.

"Interesting name, Hell Hound I. What made you choose it?" he asked his new padawan. As he spoke, they boarded the ship, and a few minutes later were in the air.

Ten minutes later, the ship vanished into hyperspace.

((To the station thread))

FDY9u6P.png

Ventra studied hm as he listened, a spark of something emmitng from his presence, though leaving as quick as it came. "Interesting.."

"You know better than anyone that family bonds are impossible to break..." Ventra's tone shows frustration at his demands, her brows wrinkled as the witch stares upon him idly. "Even the distance of space cannot seperate our knowing." Her face finds it's self blank after a thought, her head slowly finding it's way to the floor. "After Shili, i will bother you no more. But mark my words Sith. Try to harm her, and you will find a cold death upon my hands."

karismol.png

"Ventra," Lusef responds with a rather self-indulgent smirk. "Family bonds mean this and only this: Not having to hunt down a spare kidney, lung, or even heart when you need one. That said I do intend to train Kari and it's not in my best interest to kill her." Giving her a mocking pat on the cheek. "After Shili then. Now do be a good girl and set the coordinates? Hmm?"

Pivoting on his heel, the smirk slowly vanishes off his face as he once again resumes the persona of Master Lusef Aryan.

Going up to Kari, he kneels by her, one arm tentatively touching her shoulder. "Child," he states, "you will need to remember. You will need to confront what happened." Part of Lusef remembers the mental tweak he gave her ages ago, instilling a sense of hatred for her "mother" in her mind. He wondered now if that seed would finally bear fruit. "I have a picture on what happened, and what was needed for you to survive and defend yourself. There is no guilt, no shame, you lived. You survived."

-William Shakespeare

Ventra holds sturdy a firm look of hatred upon her face as he mocks her, his taunts though realized, merely finding no answer returned. Instead she heads to the cockpit, setting the ship's navigational computer en-route to Shili. She only had to keep her emotions in check for now, her plans unfolding without the slightest snag. Silently, inward, she chuckles.

Meanwhile, Kari awakens from her slumber, her gaze finding his own. With little more than a caring gaze, she listens to his words. Yet her presence becomes familiar again, a hint of the Kari Lusef first met becoming ever more present. It seemed to be a defensive trigger, brought about by stress or unbearable emotions. Realizing his words, her lips part. "What do you mean, Master? What has happened?"

Not even Ventra predicted this.

((To Shili! Well, the Space Thread at least. ))

karismol.png

• 1 year later...

As the ship exited hyperspace above the planet Dahar was instantly flooded with the memories of his Jedi training. He had arrived here many years ago guided by the Force, not even knowing his own intentions. He had simply known a different life was waiting for him. This was where it all began and something had called him back. His failure to stop the Sith Master Darth Ares had left him with many questions. Was good truly destined to best evil or was everything he had been taught a lie? Were his powers as a Jedi Master strong enough to protect the innocent or would he need to embrace something else?

His shuttle touched down in the hangar of the long abandoned temple. Dahar had wanted to go somewhere to be completely alone. He had left his second in command in charge of the praxeum for now and knew there would be enough staff there to keep things running smoothly in his absence. The construction crews would fix the hangar and all would return to normal. But not Dahar.

Leaving his ship he journey inward, remembering the time he had spent here. He found his way to the courtyard. Reaching out through the Force he felt a familiar presence and sought it out. Eventually he came upon a stick, maybe a yard long at one point, now broken in half. He stared at the broken piece of wood laying before him on the ground. The presence was unmistakable. This was the same stick Master K'munee had used, empowering it with the Force, to teach him the power a Jedi could harness. He remembered swinging his old master's lightsaber at the stick, thinking he would easily pierce it, only to have the blow deflected. It was a lesson in the true power of the Force, that something endowed with it strong enough could resist even a lightsaber blow. Yes, Master K'munee had great power.

And now Dahar was amongst his ranks, a Master of the Jedi Order. He had trained an outstanding pupil, that being Adenna, to knighthood. He had mastered the ways of the Force, the combat form Ataru, and had overseen the opening of two separate Jedi havens. Certainly he had come far, but there was much more to be done. In his mind he could still see the eyes of the Sith Master who had bested him, and even faintly feel his demonic presence.

Dahar looked at the stick on the ground and lifted it into the air with the Force. With the utmost precision he bonded the two broken pieces back together. At the molecular level cells and atoms joined with each other to create a whole. Now the stick had been enhanced by two Jedi Masters.

No, he was not weaker than the Darth Ares that he had failed to stop, he simply needed to learn more. A Jedi's training is only complete at his death. He recalled his brief introduction to Wru'torr by Master Kirlocca. Perhaps that would be something he would need to complete. Only meditation would tell and that was why he had come.

The Jedi grabbed the stick out of the air and held it in his hand. With great strength and the guidance of the Force he threw it across the courtyard. The freshly reconstructed piece smashed through a solid steel wall in one spot, and in boomerang fashion another spot before returning to the Master's hands.

No, he was not weak. He was determined, and spoke aloud to himself.

"Never again."

-----------------------------------------------

The Jedi Master awoke early in the morning moments before sunrise. He still enjoyed beating the sun to the new day, a practice he had perfected here on Haruun Kal. He was in the same room where so many of his training days as a padawan started. With the temple being abandoned he could have chose any quarters he wished, from the lavish visitor's rooms to the hidden master's quarters. But there was no need for that. Dahar had learned long ago to let go of the material joys in his life. He was a man of few possessions, carrying only with him the necessities. In this way he was free from being bogged down and able to quickly move about the galaxy without the burden of belongings. His lightsaber was always handy on his belt, along with a breather to aid him if he ever needed to spend extended time underwater. The only other item on his belt was a small credit chip. The only expensive item he kept was the commlink/datapad on his wrist. A Jedi Master in his position needed to be able to be reached at all times, and also carry a certain deal of information and technological capabilities.

He spent the morning in the forests he had learned so well. His body was still his strongest weapon and so he took great care to keep it in pristine condition. The Jedi moved through the forest in a blur, distinguishable details of a human wouldn't be seen by the naked eye. Lakes that as a padawan he needed to use a vine to swing over he now only needed the Force to jump over with great power. The boulders that once stood as obstacles to be jumped over he now ran clear through, using a Force barrier to protect himself and sheer power to smash through the solid rock. His powers were great and he was a formidable foe. But still it had not been enough to defeat the mysterious Darth Ares, the twisted form of the former great Jedi Master Aryian Darkfire. Perhaps the Sith knew what he was doing, besting Dahar but not killing, for now it was almost an obsession in the Jedi Master's mind to be able to win the next time.

Dahar knew that taking the loss personally was an emotion he did not need. It made his thoughts border on anger. And although his intentions were to be able to snuff out the Dark Side, these emotions brought him dangerously close to the Dark Side himself. Luckily for the Jedi Master he had spent years training his mind against these things. Careful meditation on the Light Side, beckoning in the Living Force, these were the tools he used to calm himself and refocus. He knew his thoughts needed to center on bettering himself to better serve the galaxy, not to be able to beat a single opponent. That bordered on vengeance and was dangerous thinking indeed.

After enjoying a small lunch from the rations he had brought with him the Jedi decided to venture into the nearby city of *CITY*. He wandered the streets without purpose, simply enjoying the hustle and bustle of urban life. He smiled at the children in the street playing with their marbles, an activity he himself enjoyed as a child. It had been a long time since he had even thought of home or his family. He had left in the middle of the night, telling no one where he was going. It was better that way. Nobody would try and reason him out of it. He know however as he was now rising through the ranks of the Jedi that eventually his name would become public. As head of the praxeum he knew it was only a matter of time before he would be asked to join the Jedi Council, a position he would take quite seriously if the time ever arose. And at that point he would be one of the faces of the order, publically known to the galaxy. He wondered if his family would attempt to contact him at that point. Only time would tell.

The Jedi purchased a piece of fruit. He bit into it and savored the sweet juices. It was one of the small miracles of the galaxy, how everything worked together. The fruit would sustain him for a while, and he in turn would someday return to the dust of the earth. That was the way of things. The delicious sensation on his taste buds was a gift, just like all pleasantries, that he could appreciate and did not take for granted.

The Jedi Master awoke early in the morning moments before sunrise. He still enjoyed beating the sun to the new day, a practice he had perfected here on Haruun Kal. He was in the same room where so many of his training days as a padawan started. With the temple being abandoned he could have chose any quarters he wished, from the lavish visitor's rooms to the hidden master's quarters. But there was no need for that. Dahar had learned long ago to let go of the material joys in his life. He was a man of few possessions, carrying only with him the necessities. In this way he was free from being bogged down and able to quickly move about the galaxy without the burden of belongings. His lightsaber was always handy on his belt, along with a breather to aid him if he ever needed to spend extended time underwater. The only other item on his belt was a small credit chip. The only expensive item he kept was the commlink/datapad on his wrist. A Jedi Master in his position needed to be able to be reached at all times, and also carry a certain deal of information and technological capabilities.

He spent the morning in the forests he had learned so well. His body was still his strongest weapon and so he took great care to keep it in pristine condition. The Jedi moved through the forest in a blur, distinguishable details of a human wouldn't be seen by the naked eye. Lakes that as a padawan he needed to use a vine to swing over he now only needed the Force to jump over with great power. The boulders that once stood as obstacles to be jumped over he now ran clear through, using a Force barrier to protect himself and sheer power to smash through the solid rock. His powers were great and he was a formidable foe. But still it had not been enough to defeat the mysterious Darth Ares, the twisted form of the former great Jedi Master Aryian Darkfire. Perhaps the Sith knew what he was doing, besting Dahar but not killing, for now it was almost an obsession in the Jedi Master's mind to be able to win the next time.

Dahar knew that taking the loss personally was an emotion he did not need. It made his thoughts border on anger. And although his intentions were to be able to snuff out the Dark Side, these emotions brought him dangerously close to the Dark Side himself. Luckily for the Jedi Master he had spent years training his mind against these things. Careful meditation on the Light Side, beckoning in the Living Force, these were the tools he used to calm himself and refocus. He knew his thoughts needed to center on bettering himself to better serve the galaxy, not to be able to beat a single opponent. That bordered on vengeance and was dangerous thinking indeed.

After enjoying a small lunch from the rations he had brought with him the Jedi decided to venture into the nearby city of *CITY*. He wandered the streets without purpose, simply enjoying the hustle and bustle of urban life. He smiled at the children in the street playing with their marbles, an activity he himself enjoyed as a child. It had been a long time since he had even thought of home or his family. He had left in the middle of the night, telling no one where he was going. It was better that way. Nobody would try and reason him out of it. He know however as he was now rising through the ranks of the Jedi that eventually his name would become public. As head of the praxeum he knew it was only a matter of time before he would be asked to join the Jedi Council, a position he would take quite seriously if the time ever arose. And at that point he would be one of the faces of the order, publically known to the galaxy. He wondered if his family would attempt to contact him at that point. Only time would tell.

The Jedi purchased a piece of fruit. He bit into it and savored the sweet juices. It was one of the small miracles of the galaxy, how everything worked together. The fruit would sustain him for a while, and he in turn would someday return to the dust of the earth. That was the way of things. The delicious sensation on his taste buds was a gift, just like all pleasantries, that he could appreciate and did not take for granted.

Dahar had found his center and refreshed his focus. His time here had reminded him of his roots. It had allowed him to get back in touch with what was important. He also realized that he should indeed seek out Master Kirlocca to finish training in the art of Wru'torr when the time arose. With a new found ambition he boaraded the craft he had came in. Soon the ship was above the planet, and blast off for Gala.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...