Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

Dahar stood back to watch DJK and Marius. He was in awe of the Force. The ability to make a stick withstand a lightsaber blow was quite impressive. He was beginning to understand just how powerful the Force was, and the principles of how it flows through everything.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

Lusef's mouth gives a small twitch. "That's Lu-sef, not Yusef. Lu-sef Ar-yan, Jedi Dishel," he chuckles, watching the droid take the package from the Rebels on Sullust containing a list of possible Force sensitives for the order- ironically a "gift" that did not originate from Lusef himself at all. Lusef thought about leaving a few surprises in it, but save from copying the information on the datadisk, he figured it was better to leave it untampered. No need for petty, spiteful actions.

He smiles again, extending his hand to Kari, the wheels in his mind turning. "Show me around the temple please, and do, tell me about yourself. How did you come to the Jedi order, child, and what is it your heart desires most to learn?"

O how wretched is that poor man that hangs on princes favors! There is betwixt that smile we would aspire to, that sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin, more pangs and fears than wars or women have, and when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, never to hope again.

-William Shakespeare

His words were a beckon of hope for young Kari, the Togruta hopeful's eyes lighting up like Coruscant at day's break. She found comfort in his belief in her, in her abilities, something she felt no one had ever taken notice of before. Her mind drifted back momentarily, the words of her mother, the hate she felt toward Kari for her father's crimes. Not even her own mother believed she could be destined for something great. After all, her own mother had blamed her for her miserable life, so much so, that Kari had long believed her mother.

But Kari was not ready for his next few words to the Jedi Knight Dashel, her gaze quickly shifting upon the Jedi Master in disbelief as soon as he spoke them. Her emotions ran amok, her mind dazed and confused by those simple words. 'Was she dreaming?'.... 'Had he really said them?'.... 'Was she ready?' Kari had always dreamed of this day, and yet, as it transpired, it all seemed surreal. Her gaze quickly shuffled toward Dashel, awaiting his response as the two conversed. It seemed she was finally going to become a Jedi Padawan.

"Did you hear that Ghost?!" Kari spoke in a low tone as she turned toward her astromech protege', a excited grin stretched across her face. "I'm going to become a Jedi. After all this time, my dream to belong is finally here!"

Ghost replied with a few beeps and buzzes, and Kari chuckled, completely oblivious to what was transpiring before her. Atleast for a moment, until she caught the arrival of Dashel's approach, her montrals singing a saddened tune within his step. She gazed deep into his own eyes as he took her hand, a sudden realization that both had wanted her as a padawan. It saddened her slightly, to see a sort of hurt in his eyes that he would not be her teacher. But what he spoke was true. For within Kari's heart, she had chosen the other.

She watched for a moment as he departed, the recent find within the room she had unearthed taking priority. Her face held a look of sadness and apology, Kari knowing she was unable to do anything to change the will of the Force. But Kari also knew in time, Dashel would move on and find another truly worthy of his teachings. It was the will of the Force that a Jedi lived by, and it was theirs to understand. Turning her head as Dashel turned back to look, Kari's gaze caught Master Aryan's own. With a chuckle of innocence, the moment of sadness had passed.

"There is not much to know about me...." Kari spoke as she took Master Lusef's hand, Ghost quickly following in tow after his conversation with Kala. Within moments, Kari and Master Lusef were passed the door that she and Ghost had been working on and were soon out of sight of Dashel and the others. "I was adopted by the Order when i was five, not long after my Mother passed.... My life within the Order began on Coruscant, then to Ossus after the temple's destruction. After Ossus, it was Gala and finally here to Haruun Kal as an Adept until i would be taken on as a Jedi Padawan."

Kari paused for a moment after mention of her Mother, becoming very apparent that there was a hidden and painful past on the subject. It was not something she would would open up very easily, and in fact, she had never talked about it before. The only time anyone had ever caught wind of it was through her nightmares, when she woke up screaming. Kari stops for a moment, her mind lost upon Master Lusef's last question. She had never been asked what it was her heart truly desired, so she found herself looking for the answer. When she found it, she turned to him, tears strolling down her cheeks.

"I want the power to save lives and end pain, so that others will never have to suffer or feel as if they are burdens upon others. I have watched many succumb to that very feeling, hate and anger birthed from things beyond one's control. No one should ever feel that way, nor experience such a thing. No one."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

Lusef nods sagaciously as he listens, carefully probing his new...padawan's... feelings as she speaks. He notes her exodus from Jedi base to Jedi base- Coruscant, Ossus, Gala, and now here. He makes a note to check on Ossus in the near future as he had yet to visit that locale.

"I believe I can teach you to wield that power. The first thing you need to understand, is the nature of the Force." He turns and gives Kari, and the T3 droid, Ghost, a faint smile. "The Force... is. Some say it's the engine of life itself. It is energy, it is life, it is also a mirror."

Lusef's smile turns grim. "Those negative emotions you mentioned. Anger, hate, suffering, are all parts of life and living. That cannot be controlled, or contained, unless you're willing to slaughter the entire galaxy." There's a morbid chuckle at this that quickly evaporates. For some reason, Lusef got an image of the child's mother with that statement. Curious... Very curious.

"The point is, child, these emotions do exist and are part of life because we are almost always at the mercy of something greater than us- people, governments, and even the Force itself. There is peace, tranquility on one side of the Force, and the dark side, powered by those other emotions- or perhaps even causing them. The Force has two sides, and they are at war, now and forever. By your choice, you have situated yourself with the Jedi Order, and will be a warrior of Light, determined to combat those negative emotions in what is an eternal struggle for both sides."

The smile returns. "You will need to learn to cool yourself and to control yourself with rigid discipline. The emotions will always exist, but they can be controlled by you if you have the force of will. Then you can reach into the Force, and use it to save lives, and to shape the galaxy as you envision."

O how wretched is that poor man that hangs on princes favors! There is betwixt that smile we would aspire to, that sweet aspect of princes, and their ruin, more pangs and fears than wars or women have, and when he falls, he falls like Lucifer, never to hope again.

-William Shakespeare

With a brief flicker that usually didn't attract any attention, a YT-2400 appeared over the Jedi Temple on Haruun Kal. Its contents were a bunch of personal living items and one human male from Chandrilla, Tirius Giovanni.

He had never really liked his name, the young man reflected as he guided his ship toward the temple. It made him sound like some criminal mastermind, when in truth he couldn't be farther from. No, he was just a kid a couple years out of the academy back home that decided he wasn't cut out for the business life and instead wanted to pursue the discovery that he was Force sensitive.

Becoming a Jedi Knight was the greatest aspiration Tirius could imagine, and he was eager to begin. It was especially amazing given the Jedi Order's close ties with the New Republic and the benefits of being close to that galactic government had offered. From a business standpoint, one which he hadn't quite shed, it allowed for tremendous projects like these temples and the incredible Helix station to be built when the Order itself could never afford such structures on their own.

Jedi had by nature few possessions, Tirius reminded himself. That could be a particular challenge for him with his background. But perhaps the training he was certain to undergo would help free him from his vices and make him a defender of the galaxy. He hoped it was so!

Landing outside the Temple, Tirius approached it and asked someone who was in charge. He was directed to the location of a certain Master Dashel Illioni, and happily went to that location to find the Jedi in conversation with another seeming padawan and who looked like another Master.

Like in an interview, Tirius knew that he shouldn't interrput, so he stood off to the side, looking expectant without asserting himself.

The recovery crews Captain Seers had brought among the original contingent from the cargo ship were beyond excellent in their handling of the recovered items. Each one was gently lifted from among the debris, photographed, catalogued, and gently moved to a small plaza were it was to wait to be placed into storage. Face after face of various masters, extending back to the Wars of Light and Darkness were removed, all damaged to some degree.

Captain Seers stood by and directed things as necessary. About halfway through the room, she noticed Dashel had had one statue drawn off to one side and was carefully studying the likeness along with his constant companion, Kala. They were quietly conversing about something. Curious as to why the Jedi had interfered in the process she had set up, she wandered over to where the two of them were.

”œExcuse me, Knight Dashel, but I did set up a process by which these statues were to be preserved,”

Tirius didn't catch most of the conversation that was going on when he arrived, but figured it didn't really have anything to do with him anyway. Instead he waited quietly until he was addressed, and when he was, he simply nodded. He hadn't planned on going to Gala, but he was up for the trip. What he really wanted to see was Helix station--if it even existed--but he figured that could wait.

"Okay," he simply said, then headed straight back to the Xanadu, his personal ship. Once he was aboard, he simply waited for the Jedi Master's cue to take off, wondering what lay ahead in his path.

Tirius received the packages, not sure what was in there but willing to give the Jedi Master a hand. Once he was given the signal, he plugged in the coordinates for Gala, where he had heard the New Republic had some kind of military base and there was another Jedi Temple. Once again, he was impressed by the foothold the Jedi had in the galaxy, to share a world with New Rep military headquarters.

The cargo secure, Giovanni lifted off and headed for deep space then, shortly thereafter, disappeared into hyperspace en route to his destination.

((Feel free to post our arrival.))

*There was some hesitation from Marius. The few times he made an attempt to find hs master, he focused more on using his sight than letting the force guide him. K'munee moved through the cloud, a silohette in the dust that appeared and disappeared at the same time. He would come close enough to his student to pull one of the sdjustments straps on his enviro-suit, then before Marius could react, he was gone.*

Marius...focus. Block out everything except the inner voice that guides you. Ignore the dust in your nostrils and the dirt in your throat. These conditions are meant to distract you. Dahar, you can join in if you like?

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Alot of what Master Aryan spoke of made sense, Kari drying the tears from her face as she listened to his words. She knew the consequences of emotion- a little too well for her liking. But deep down Kari also felt that if what causes those emotions could be prevented, then their birth could be prolonged as well. Then again, prolonging the inevitable could be even harsher on one. In the end, Kari found herself so confused.

"But Master... What if these emotions do not come natural?" Kari spoke, her big brown eyes looking upon the man with a pain buried within her gaze that only one who experienced could give off. "What if these emotions were forced upon you before you were even born, a twist of fate that you held no control over?"

Now truthfully, Kari spoke of herself in the last question. She knew her birth had been a by-product of rape, her father a monster of the worst and obscene kind. So it was only natural for her to wonder too, that she might become a monster as well by birthright. But Kari desperately tried to hide this behind others, as if she was asking about someone else instead of herself. Deep down though, she really wanted for him to say she wouldn't become a monster like that of her father. Her mother had always seemed to think so.

"But if you think, even then, that such things can be controlled... Then teach me how Master, so that i may teach others."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

Lusef gives a good natured laugh at her first question, his eyes- very, very blue, meeting hers, and reading her emotions. He listens patently as the questions continue.

"Control... that is the ultimate question of this universe, is it not? Are you in control of yourself and the Force when you use it... or is the Force bending you to its will? That is one question you will have to answer on your own, padawan." Lusef's eyes close. "There is a mixture of the two I believe. One can be subject to forces from without, and those emotions. I believe the Force itself can feed them. In turn the many people you meet will generate instant reactions from you- bending you, shaping you. It is in essence the same."

"The key question is how we react. How we train ourselves to respond. An iron will, an iron heart- one that does not bend is the simplest means to achieve this end. If you are unmoving no matter what passes, you will be stronger for it." He places a hand on her shoulder. "You must be... unfeeling at first. You must learn to close yourself off. No matter what comes. Happiness, sadness, loss and sorrow, joy and laughter. If you can rise above them, you can master them, yourself, and your connection with the Force."

As if by providence, the two reach a room with two seats. Lusef comfortably takes one, relaxing, bidding Kari to do the same. His eyes once more meet hers, burning with a direct intensity.

"I will try sending you emanations of feeling- sadness, joy, ecstasy, confusion, and finally, love and hatred- in that order." His voice is quiet, but direct. "You will open yourself to these emotions, relaxing, letting them flow through you. And you will steel yourself against them. Be ready."

The emotions come in a cycling torrent- suddenly blasting forward with each of the emotions- a young child mourning the loss of his sister... the joy of triumph and personal success... a euphoric rush from a most perfect of days, the sensation of being lost in a prison, and finally two nebulous figures- one emanating love, the other hate. The onrush continues.

Master yourself. Feel nothing!

-William Shakespeare

The dust covered the courtyard and left Dahar blind. He could seen nothing but the thick dirt. His master had instructed them to use the Force to see him. Dahar focused on seeing with his mind and not his eyes. He closed them and began to use the Force to feel around him. He could see, not clearly as if one was viewing the world with 20/20 vision, but in a sort of haze. Everything was connected, and therefore connected to him. From one molecule to the next they were all connected and began to paint a picture of his surroundings. There were two bright glows in the haze, one burning much brighter than the other. The weaker he assumed must be his friend Marius, while the brighter had to be his master. He could feel the Force radiating off of them. He also began to feel, in the distance, more beings in touch with the Force. They were no longer alone here.

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away...

Kari watched her Master, finding herself still hinged on his every word, her gazed fixed on his every motion. She watched as her closed his eyes, she felt as he placed his hand on her shoulder. She had never felt such comfort with anyone, and deep down, began to feel something for this man. She wasn't quite sure what it was. But it was there, this feeling of unconditional comfort, this feeling that a daughter would feel for her Father. Trust for him was beginning to build.

"I will try, Master..." Kari spoke, taking the seat opposite of Master Lusef. Her tone had softened, the hint of painful emotions and erratic conscience subsiding. For now, her voice returned to it's usual childish, soft, caring voice. Looking toward her Master, Kari smiled. "I am ready."

The first emotion was one Kari was all too familiar with, a sudden wave of sadness taking hold of her mind and causing pain to grip her heart and bring forth more tears. But unlike before, Kari did not weep over her Mother's hate. No, this time Kari weep for another reason, a reason she had never experienced before. Kari had no siblings that she knew of. o, to weep over a sister she never had came strange to her. Yet, she could not help herself. Continuously, Kari wept uncontrollably.

Suddenly she stopped.

The second emotion was a rarity for young Kari. It was true, that on occasion, Kari felt the emotion of joy- such as her completion of Ghost so many years ago. But it happened not too often. So, as this emotion washed over her body, Kari revelled in it just slightly. She felt this joy, over a triumph and personal success comfortably, despite not having an idea why she felt this way. She knew the Force was as mysterious as life it's self. Yet she had never known it to be able to create such false emotions. Oh the possibilities.

But despite her attempts, she could still feel it's every sensation.

The third emotion was one she had never felt before. And before she could even attempt to counteract it, it consumed her. She felt her body tingle beyond comprehension, her mind lost within complete bliss. It was amazing, wonderful, ecstatic. It was too good to be true. Kari soon found herself lost to it's power. It was as if nothing that had ever happened to her no longer mattered. Not her Mother's hate. Not her Father's fate. Not even her failures, nor the suffering of others. Nothing mattered. Absolutely nothing.

So as this emotion left her, Lusef could sense this was one she did not want to let go of.

The fourth emotion came with more than meant. For with confusion, often came the emotions of fear and doubt. The sensation of being lost within a prison overcame her mind, causing rational thought and sense of being to slowly dissipate. But her resistance was growing stronger, that much Lusef could feel. For despite his strength over her's, Kari was trying to rationalize those very emotions and the current situation. It was hard, her head beginning to hurt. But Kari tried to resist. Fear, doubt, confusion- these were life devastating emotions.

"I can't, Master...." Kari yelled out to Lusef, her tone once again returning to his frightened tone. She felt as if she had failed, and her spirit began to weaken. Try as she had, she could not master her emotions easily. "I just can't! I'm sorry Master. I'm sorry Mother."

Suddenly, by will of the Force and Kari's growing connection with Lusef, the Jedi Master caught a glimpse of his padawan's former life- even if he could not tell it.

Rage filled her mind as the woman struck her blow after blow. The woman, drunk and unaware of her actions, told the girl of her hate for her and that she held no right to live. Pain surged through her body as bones broke inside her body, the feeling in her legs leaving and the throbbing that ached so effortlessly upon her childish face. Her big brown eyes staring up at the woman, blurred by tears. And in an instant, a sudden release washed over her and an instinct to survive came to mind.

All went quiet and dark. Only the vision of the woman's form going limp as it impacted, it becoming twisted and lifeless as it falls to the floor, can be seen before the vision leaves Lusef's mind. The last of the vision showing what Kari saw as she stared into her mother's cold eyes.... death.

Kari's power could be felt growing with each passing emotion. And as the last two emotions wash over her mind, a spark ignites within her. Love was never an emotion Kari had experienced before, just as was ecstasy. Despite it's strong urges, Kari had began to develop an ability to block it. And hate would never be an emotion Kari could possess, forgiveness of an innocent heart unconditional even despite one's ability to place blame on themselves. It would be nearly impossible for her to hate even her mother in return, let alone another.

Suddenly Lusef recognizes his connection with Kari's mind had gone blank, Kari staring back at him with her usual innocent smile, a cheerful gleam in her eye. But even more amazing, was that Kari had begun to connect powerfully wih the Force.

"I could never hate Master.... even if one tried to force it upon me."

karismol.png

Lusef watches his student with interest, a slow frown creasing his round face. His eyes narrow thoughtfully.

"It seems that the more positive emotions in life are a rarity for you. I'm going to guess mother issues are ah... well, issue?" Lusef's frown flattens out, his face expressionless. "I sense confusion is something you are used to, something you are familiar with, even for all your years with the Jedi Order. A pity they could not straighten that out sooner for all their care and guidance." The last was done with a tone that was tinged with ernest regret, and also a bit of snide derision as well, innocently passed off.

Lusef's eyes close. "Your mother, from what I was able to glean in our connection, was an abusive drunk. I sense much abuse directed towards you. I am sorry to hear that." Lusef's eyes open again. Though there is still an icy hardness to them in spite of his ruddy round face, there is a brief melting. "My own mother was an... idealist of sorts, as was my father. They stuck to their ideals till the end and perished for them. Weakness in one's parents will leave scars. Forgiveness... understanding that they were fallable and weak... allows one to grow stronger, to surpass them. You've made strides today, and I can feel your connection to the Force getting stronger as well."

His voice takes on a firm, somber quality.

"There is one warning I give you. You say you can never hate, but do not be so presumptious either. One who has never loved either cannot hate, and vice versa. I believe that the Force, Light and Dark, Love and Hate, are connected, all stemming from the same source. One coin, two sides. Your coin is spinning on edge for now and will need to land. By mastering yourself, by purging all emotions and becoming steel, you can control when, how, and where it lands and exercise perfect control."

His tone retains the somber quality as he continues. "Your mother, even all these years with the order, remains a strong force in your life, controlling you. You said she passed, but she lives in you. Five years of personal hell, shadowing, dominating everything thas has come since. Tell me," he asks, his voice a mix of interest and sympathy, but one firm enough to still demand, and get an answer to his question, "how did she die?"

-William Shakespeare

That question, it was as if something pierced young Kari's heart when Lusef asked it. She felt the lump in her stomach grow, her nerves strolling out of control as his words reached her montrals. Her body began to shake to a barely visible degree, her skin growing pale as if she had seen a ghost. Kari turned away, placing her hand upon the chair to maintain her balance. She knew the day would come when one asked her that very question, but what she didn't know was how to answer it.

"I... I'm sorry, Master..." Kari spoke, her words jumbled together and echoing of her nervous shake as she spoke them, her jaw trembling as she tried to hold back the tears urging to release. "I.... I'm not ready- to speak about that. I.... I don't remember."

Some of it was true, but some of it wasn't. She held the memories of that day, but only from her nightmares. Though she knew it to be true, a part of her had always hoped it was merely a bad dream. For if it was true, Kari had killed her mother- with the help of the Force, and truly became the monster her mother swore she would be. Turning back to Lusef, she attempted to hide her pain with a smile, though both knew she had failed.

"Shall we continue?"

karismol.png

Lusef takes in the trembling, raising one hand to his face, concealing the briefest of smiles.

The smell and stink of guilt and shame. Her innocence is a faccade with many, many gaping holes in it. Even she believes it though. How... amusing.

He considered trying to use the Force to rip free past the mental blocks the child put into place, taking an intuitive leap, suspecting the child had some hand in her mother's death. How and why though he would need to pry out later to confirm his suspicions.

Uncertainty and confusion ruled this child. A bit more, he concluded, would give him a measure of control to shape this child as he wished. If he was wrong, he would find out soon enough.

"If something happened to your mother, child," he states, resting one hand on her shoulder, "do not fear. I sensed she gave you much abuse, much pain, till her ways caught up with her in some fashion in a way that left you traumatized, perhaps... witnessing her death?" He continues not giving Kari a chance to speak. "Do not worry, justice will be done unto your mother's killer. I make a promise of that." That last promise is made with a good natured smile and ernest, helpful sincerity. Inside though, he was laughing, and laughing hard. Oh, he did not know about her death, but he suspected, and this gamble was too good not to risk and carried no risks... at least not for him.

"Now," he saids, once more continuing on before his apprentice... no, padawan... could speak. "You have learned to control your emotions, now learn to control the Force. Beyond the void, beyond emotion, there is energy." Lusef's hand reaches into his robe, pulling out a mundane object- a small round smokebomb about an inch across. Turning it in his hands for Kari to see, he runs it over his knuckles, then flicks into the air.

"Energy is energy, be it spiritual like the Force, or mundane such as light, heat, or kenetic energy. Each has its own applications, like gravity," he states lightly, tossing the small ball in the air, letting it arch up, fall, and then, slow to a stop hovering. Lusef points his right finger at it, wagging as if admonishing the ball for falling, getting it to rise of its own accord. "The Force is the greatest source of energy in the universe. Your will can bend it, and use it to overcome gravity, light, and even simple kenetic Force. Let yourself become one, child, feel it, and bend it to your will. Make the Force do your bidding, let it flow through you, and become one with it, own it."

The small round smoke bomb hovers at its apex once more, and instinctively, prickling her sixth sense, Lusef lets her know it is now hers to control as it starts to accelerate in tune with gravity. "Don't let it drop," he murmurs, chuckling.

-William Shakespeare

The young Jedi allowed his eyes to follow K'munee into the sky. His emerald eyes watched as the older Jedi appeared to freeze for a split second at the apex of leap. As the Jedi Master began to fall to the ground the calm feelings that now covered his skin began to chill slightly. It was an uneasy feeling that puzzled Marius. When the older man slammed into the ground, the Christophian(?) felt a small feeling of alarm before the dust covered his vision. The young apprentice kept expecting the dust to slowly fall to the ground and reveal the broken body of his Master, but yet it hindered in the air. From nowhere the young Jedi heard his Masters voice, but not through his ears. He was hearing it within his mind. His eyes widened quickly as he realized the Jedi Master was speaking to him through the Force.

As he began to ponder how best to approach this new situation, Marius felt a small spot of the chill that now covered his body rise in temperature quickly. Before he could react, he felt a finger tap the exact spot, and his Masters voice whisper softly in his ear to begin. Without a conscious thought, the apprentice dropped to a crouch and swept his lag backwards in a wide arc hoping to trip up his new teacher. Of course, as he expected, he felt nothing but open air.

Rising slowly to his feet, the young Jedi apprentice slowly began moving around. The spot on his shoulder where K'munee had touched him had once more grown chilly. Marius wondered why that spot quickly heated up. Could it have been a Force technique that K'munee used against him? But his task was to keep from being hit by his master, why a simple warming technique be used? At that exact moment he felt the chill once more heat quickly before a fist slammed into his shoulder, bringing him to his knees. Just as quickly as it had appeared, the warmth vanished from his shoulder, once more leaving the chill that heightened his reactions. The young man grit his teeth as the pain traveled from his shoulder slightly down his arm. Rising once more to his feet, the young Jedi slowly back traveled until he felt the firm push of the wall against his back. Now the only attacks that could be made would come from his front.

Focusing his attention on the warm feeling that had come over his shoulder, the young Jedi focused himself on the Force. Slowing his breathing and heart rate, Marius felt the Force flowing through his mind like never before. In that moment of clarity, he realized what the warm sensation was. It was the Force warning him of an impending attack. With this new realization, Marius knew he could dodge almost any attack thrown his way, but that was not enough. By only reacting, and by having merely a split second time in which to react, eventually something would get through, and that something would end up killing him.

The young apprentice focused deep on the Force within him, focused on the river of power flowing through his body. Allowing his breathing to become perfectly controlled, the young Jedi delved deep into the Force. How can I see him coming? How can the Force allow me to see through this dust?

And in that instant he felt the answer come to him. He had the answer right in front of him the entire time. Visualizing in his mind what he wanted, Marius breathed in deeply, feeling the air fill his lungs. After several moment of holding the breath in, Dane exhaled, and as he did he felt the Force surge through his body and out of him. As he opened his mind to the Force now, he could see that the room had been filled with the water that Marius knew as the Force. He could almost see everything exactly as it truly was, except that everything was surrounded by water. He could see insects pushing through weightless water, causing ripples as they flew. He could see a glowing golden figure standing where he had last seen Dahar. And then he noticed another figure moving quickly towards him. Its glow was very similar to Dahars, except much stronger. It was almost as if he was looking at the human incarnation of the sun. The young Jedi felt a warm spot began to grow on his gut. Throwing his hand in front of the punch, Marius wrapped his hand around the first and pulled forward, launching a punch of his own.

lerananim.gif

Kari examined her Master for a brief moment as he mentioned her possibly having witnessed he mother's death, a suspicion that he possibly knew the truth- maybe even felt it through her, grew within her gaze. Could he know? Kari questioned herself in thought as she shifted her gaze, looking toward the floor in confusion as she listened to him speak. But her gaze soon shifted back in guilt as he made his promise of justice toward her mother's killer.

She grew worried as he made this promise, her mouth opening to speak in reply, hoping to throw off the promise by saying that she held no want for justice. But before she could, he continued on, leaving Kari to only look upon him with a mundane look.

Deep down she felt guilty she did not tell Master Lusef, but Kari wasn't sure if she ever wanted anyone to know the truth. Hell, she didn't want to know the truth herself. Silently, Kari shook the subject from her mind as she took heed to his words, such a painful subject as that merely a distraction to any studying padawan. Instead, she crawls to the floor and sits cross legged in front of Lusef as she had seen so many before her do during her stay at the Temples.

Beyond the void, beyond emotion, there is energy.

Kari closes her eyes, letting his words soothe her heart and soul, letting go of the emotions he had taught her to ignore earlier. She breathes in deeply, searching for the Force within her. Deeper she delves, emotions flowing from within her and soon growing silent as they disappear. She feels calm as his words grip her mind, along with the words of many Masters she had eavesdropped on as they taught their padawans. Once again, Kari feels that spark of life within her.

One coin, two sides.

Kari remembers back to Master Lusef's previous words, his belief that the Force it's self manifested both light and dark, love and hate, all emotions- and those who controlled themselves could control the Force. The spark intensifies as she studies her inner heart, searching herself for who she truly was, to discover which side her coin would fall upon. Her path, still yet undecided by fate, stemmed from her own past and the blocks she had placed around it. With this self realization, a flame within her ignited.

Let yourself become one, child, feel it, and bend it to your will.

Kari could feel a strange sensation overcome her. Though she held her eyes closed shut, she could sense everything around her. She could feel Master Lusef in front of her, the room in which they resided, the small orb in which he too focused upon. She focused more, the flame within her building as she did. More details came to mind, such as a lamp beside the window, books lining the shelves- and their knowledge contained within, and even a locust crawling behind the chairs near the door. Kari, amazed by what she felt, had never imagined such infinite possibilities.

Don't let it drop.

Kari reacted, searched quickly for what it was that which he spoke of. In a matter of mere seconds, she located the falling smoke bomb and grasped for it. Calmly Kari open her eyes, and in front of her hovered the smoke bomb. Smiling, Kari looked toward her Master. She had done it. Bringing the small orb to rest within her palm, her face turned grim. It was time her secret be told.

"It was i who killed my mother. I am the monster she swore i would be."

karismol.png

* From the outside looking in, you would not believe that DJK was moving so effortlessly through the dust cloud, with his eyes shut. The old Jedi mastered this technique many years ago after being temporarily blinded in an ambush set by Black Sun agents.Seeing.....without seeing.

It was not hard to see, if you knew what to look for. "Luminous beings we are", Grand master Yoda was quoted to have said. Luminous or light, which was a representation of the force within you.

K'munee continued withhis exercise feeling his two students in the force. Dahar seemed to be tuned in to his presence, as he would turn in his general direction whenever he was in close proximity, but he could not pinpoint DJK precisely.

Marius, as expected was different with his approach to facing the challenge. K'munee was able to come within inches of his student, tap his shoulder and move away before he could react. He was aware of the conditions that plagued his student and offered advice on how to focus and overcome the outside stimulus.

DJK repeated his taps on the shoulder, at the same spot each time, trying to bring about reaction through repetition. During the last approach, Marius had begun to turn his head a second after he pulled away from him. He is catching on. Time to change up.

DJK moved toward Dahar, reducing his own force aura to almost nothing. This made him invisible and undetectable, allowing him to hide behind his other student, Dahar. Projecting his aura on Dahar, he knew Marius would see him and focus on his position. K'munee's movements were precise and measured. He had to maintain concentration on both feats through the force he was controlling. He had made it within a foot away from Marius, standing on his left side, opposite the shoulder he tapped on previous encounters. He threw a punch that was never meant to connect, but give the sensation of almost being struck and to his surprise, Marius caught it. A momentary feeling of happines swept over him as the student had succeeded in his task, though short lived.

Marius had countered, sending a punch of his own at his unseen attacker. Reacting from years of training, DJK's focus shifted to the iminent threat of the punch. With force aided reflexes, his hand shot out, with his palm facing outward, delivering a small force push meant to remove the threat from his personal space. Marius flew backwards a few feet, unharmed.

The sudden attack and his manipulations of the force, overwhelmed the Jedi master. The dust cloud that hung over the courtyard, settled into the ground, leaving no trace that it ever existed. The sunlight returned, bringing with it heat and humidity. Sweat ran down DJK's brow. His dust covered face showed the trails of moisture left by his sweat.*

"Very, very good. Marius, that was an impressive display of your talents." K'munee said clapping his gloved hands.

"Dahar, you did well also. You two have earned some rest." K'munee placed his fingers to his temple as though he were reading thoughts and said, " I foresee showers in your future!" The Jedi master laughed thinking that a shower couldn't hurt him either.

"Meet me out here, tomorrow morning for more drills. You are dismissed."

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Old Roger Chillingworth followed, as one intimately connected with the drama of guilt and sorrow in which they had all been actors, and well entitled, therefore, to be present at its closing scene.

"Hadst thou sought the whole earth over," said he, looking darkly at the clergyman, "there was no one place so secret,--no high place nor lowly place, where thou couldst have escaped me,--save on this very scaffold!"

-Nathaniel Hawthorne, the Scarlet Letter

Lusef watched his apprentice, anticipating a fine drama of confusion, guilt, manipulation, and fear. His senses watched her as she mastered her emotions, grasped the Force, and then manipulated the energy, holding the orb aloft. She took his words to heart, and he could feel her drawing everything in. She pushed past the seeds of doubt and fear Lusef planted, and radiated a calm, levitating the orb, then letting it rest on her palm. Such power, such will. Most excellent!

Then she spoke: It was I who killed my mother. I am the monster she swore I would be.

Lusef's face remained impassive, quiet. He did not expect her to break. He looked at the child's innocence once more in a new light, evaluating it as real. He felt a ripple of emotion inside him, and faught to calm himself. Let the child think of it what she would if she sensed it. Only by coming clean, by admitting her deed could she have escaped his trap. Damnable!

His mind turning, staring at the child's grim face, he finally spoke.

"At the age of five, Kari?" he asks softly. "How... precocious." His eyes closed, picturing some abuse, probably following by an accident or loss of control? Maybe something the mother did herself and that the child blamed herself for? Salvagable, but he would need a diifferent line. One that built... trust. If she was able to master the Force in her state, she had power and will. Lusef was determined to shape that for his own.

"You did a brave thing to tell me," he continues in the same soft voice. "Do not worry. Your secret is safe from the rest of the Order with me." He once more places a hand on her shoulder. "I must know though, child, how did this happen?"

-William Shakespeare

*K'munee sat in his quarters, attempting to wind down from the days events. This was one of the first nights that he could hear other voices coming through the walls, as opposed the sounds of mechanical breakdowns and the failings of the main generator, that he had managed to hardwire to get working. He made a mental note to himself to make sure that the requisition he sent out for a new power and shield generators had been procesed and were in route.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, he pushed around the remnants of his meal on his plate. The sounds of footsteps, movng up and down the corridors outside of his room reminded him of the new comers that had arrived whiile he was conducting his training. Maybe with more people the base would come online sooner than he expected. The workload was overwhelming at times, but he pushed on due to the importance of having the base fully operational. Sith were rarely idle for long.

He laid back on the soft mattress, with his fingers interlocked behind his head. The ICC(Internal climate compensator) hummed as the cool air was being pumped the the vents in the cieling. DJK closed his eyes, concentrating on clearing his mind of all thoughts. After a few moments, he felt himself slip into unconsciousness. He felt weightless. There were no images, no glimpses into the future. Just the peace that came with the exquisite emptiness of a dreamless sleep. Time slipped away.*

"I see you have returned." A voice whispered. "Have you ever wondered why you are so at peace in the embrace of darkness?" The question hung in the air as K'munee struggled to reply but was unable to speak. "Remember me. And remember who and what you are.........Dark Jedi."

*K'munee awoke, springing up from his bed into a stting position. His eyes searched the room, bouncing from corner to corner. Paying special attention to the shadows. Wiping his face with his hands, he stood up, stretching his muscles. Leaning over his sink he washed his face and brushed his teeth. Finding a fresh enviro-suit, he put it on, adjusting the belt with his lightsaber dangling from his side. Standing in his doorway, he allowed the warm morining sunlight to wash over him, warming the chill from last nights dream that seemed to hang over his body.

The courtyard was vacant. He assumed all the other Jedi were busy elsewhere. A confirmation code was sent to comm unit concerning the status of his generators, which were en route to the planet.

K'munee sat down with his legs crossed(Indian or Native American style). His mind transitioned into his daily meditation. He began to levitate a few inches from the ground. His mind was in tune with every living thing in close proximity of the courtyard. With his mind focused on healing and rejuvenation, he began bringing life back to the grounds surrounding the temple. Where ever there was a baren plot of land, the ground now sprouted new growth. The dirt was once again fertile. Life would return, at least until the next acid rain or the arrival of the generators, which ever happened first.*

"My students, I am ready to continue your training. I would like to extend an invitation to any visiting master or knight to join us, if you so desire?"

293az4x.jpg

((Excuse the absence. Phone Company has been working on the phone lines in my area, so my Internet has been off and on for the past few days now.))

Kari searched her Master's face after she told her tale, trying to read his expressions, looking for any hint of what he felt over the horror she had committed at such a tender age. Instead it remained impassive, still and cold, as if time it's self had forgotten to etch it's portrait. At first, she felt ashamed as she always had. Yet this time it was a stronger urge, as if she wanted to disappear from the Galaxy it's self. But as his words emerged, she felt something entirely different.

"Thank you Master." Kari began to speak, rising up from upon the floor and dusting herself off, her gaze shifting toward his once more and a saddened smile slowly creeping across her face. "But i do not wish to hide this secret anymore. The Order may do as they wish, but it's time i face my crime."

In truth, though, it was more of redemption she wished to ensue, a way to make up for what she had done to her Mother- or try to at least. She was tired of the guilt, the nightmares and the past haunting her very soul, and deep down she wanted punishment for what she had done. That might be the reason why she wished to become a Jedi in the first place. But to tell of her tale, to speak about that day in detail, to relive it- well that was a bit harder to do.

"Search my mind and heart, Master." Kari spoke, her head now hung as she grabs her arm and twists her right foot back and forth upon the floor below- a sign of her true age escaping for just a subtle moment. "It may be easier to show you my nightmare, rather than tell you something i only remember from my dreams."

Kari calmly clears her mind, bringing forth memories long forgotten, alive only by the haunting of nightmares. If Lusef searches deep enough, Kari has opened the door to her psyche.

Rain drizzled from the heavens above, nurturing the plant life below as it's moistened form exploded on impact and soaked into the soil with little trace. The sun had began to set, the mixture of purple, red, and gold lining the distant horizon as another day came to a subtle close. Not far from a lone hut, on a hollowed log found upon the grassy plain sat a lonely little Togruta girl, her arms clutched tightly around a worn doll as tears rolled down her innocent face.

Her stomach growled fiercely, aching with hunger. Yet she would not enter the hut. Her skin rose and fell with shivers, her body temp falling wit the evening sun, yet she would would not seek shelter. Tears of guilt and sorrow fell down her face as more and more came forth, painful memories of what laid inside the hut haunting her very soul. She drifts to sleep, the overcoming hunger and tears succumbing the young girl to sleep as dreams of distant memories take hold.

A woman stumbles in the door, drunken and painfully torn by a past she had never asked for. Enraged by the sight of the young girl before her, she tosses aside the bottle of ale found within her hand.

"Mommy!" The girl exclaims, jumping up from her seated position and lovingly runs toward the drunken woman, arms wide open ad a gleefully smile encompassing her face. "Your home mommy! Your home!"

The child body flies across a nearby table, her body going limp and fear spreads like wildfire as she looks up to view her mom rushing after her. Tears fall from her face as the woman's hand makes contact with her innocent cheek again and again. She wonders what she did wrong to displease her mother so much, what it was that made her mother hate her so.

"I'm sorry mommy! I'm sorry!" She screams through the pain, begging and pleading for her mother to stop and love her again. "Please stop! I love you!"

Suddenly a urge takes over her body, the instinct to survive, the notion to live. Her mother's form flies backwards with astonishing force, a mysterious hand grabbing her drunken form and yanking her off. Her body twists an crumbles as it lands, the sound of breaking and tearing echoing through the empty hut as her lifeless body comes to a rest upon a nearby sofa before it slumps to the floor. The girl turns, her face swollen and her legs broken as she stares into the empty eyes of her mother.

Kari opens her eyes, tears falling from them like the rain that fell the day she was found by the Order, like the day she buried her mother. Now Lusef knew her story. Now her past had been revealed.

karismol.png

((No worries))

Lusef nods gravely as his tear-stricken padawan confessed. He does as she bids, and opens up, searching, letting the overwhelming force of his mind delve as she lowered her mental defenses for him.

Lusef can sense everything as the scene replays- the sights, the sounds, the feeling of physical pain, even the smells of the mother's rank, alcoholic breath. The Force memory somehow remains intact as well.

Lusef hold's his breath. All this in a mere second of delving. So much pain? So much tragedy? How very... delicious...

A thought runs through him as he is inside his padawan's mind, past her defenses. Subtly, and with the barest manipulations of the Force- used like an artisan's brush, Lusef changes one key memory and withdraws...

"I'm sorry mommy! I'm sorry!" She screams through the pain, begging and pleading for her mother to stop and love her again. "Please stop! I hate you!"

Subtle, but profound. It would be interesting to see what fruit this bore.

Speaking, he clears his throat, fighting away the sadness he ingested by delving in.

"You defended yourself," he states slowly. "There was no crime. It was either her or you. You have no shame, no guilt, and no reason to feel remorse. You used a powerful telekenetic attack to defend yourself, but by what some might recall chance, others providence, it happened to unintentionally kill her." Lusef smiles, almos sad, almost pitying- if pity was not the one emotion he held in the utmost contempt.

"I too, have killed when I was younger," he speaks slowly, wearing the mirror of pity, its closest mask, though there is also truth in his words. "My parents, the idealists I mentioned, had enemies who opposed their ideals and hunted them for it. They fled the hunters and tried to hide. Of course," he continues on, his voice dry and devoid of emotion, "as you can guess, they found my parents after I and my... well, after I was born." Lusef's concentration intensifies, almost angry at that last slip about Anastasia. Careless! "Long story short, two agents found them and tried to report them to the corrupt authorities that they opposed. One the killed. Another tried to flee. At four, I took up a blaster, and with intent and deliberation, shot the second person dead."

There's a momentary sigh and a pause- though if it's genuine, or even just a dramatic sigh for effect, even Lusef is not sure.

"My point is, sin, death, and the like are everywhere. You have to be stronger or you can end up dead yourself, and of use to no one. Strength is what matters. Do not blame yourself, do not hate yourself. You did what you had to do."

-William Shakespeare

Kari felt a subtle change within her, a mixture of emotions overcoming her in the slightest fashion. Of course, it would be awhile before Lusef's implantation grew to bare fruit, and Kari would soon make the realization of the the fact that she hates her mother. But the true question laid in the deepest slumber of Kari's mind. Lusef may have manipulated words, but could he change what was already there? Could Lusef turn hate into a deeper version of hate? For Kari had long hated her mother for what she had done.

A child raised of hate, only learns to hate. But a child raised and taught by hate, upon learning of love, can seek redemption. This would be Kari's crossroads. Kari listens closely to Master Lusef's words, learning the wisdom of his own story, one much like her's. She ponders on it's meaning, her and Lusef's chance meeting, and what it meant for her. She looks at Lusef, then into herself within a nearby viewport, reflecting upon herself and his words.

Lusef, despite his past, had become a Jedi Master. Kari, with a past very much like his, was following a similar path. Could the Force be showing her something? She was beginning to grow curious of these two's paths crossing. Kari takes a deep breath, walking up and Master Lusef and places a hand upon his shoulder- as in an attempt to comfort him.

"You stand correct Master." Kari speaks, an unusual cheerfulness present within her tone, almost as if an invisible pressure had been lifted from upon her shoulders and her life no more abnormal than most. "We did what we had to do survive. It is because of that will, that we stand here today, alive and well. If the Force had willed it otherwise, we would not."

Memories are such strange things, like butterflies of one's past. Step on a certain one, and it is said that one's future could be eternally altered. Dangerous territory even for one who wishes to corrupt fate.

karismol.png

Lusef gives another short nod of approval, his eyes and mind trying to sense something of the seed he planted. Too soon to tell of course, but one could always hope. His eyes absently flicker to the hand she placed on his shoulder and he puts out a smile.

"Survival shall be the name of the game, my padawan. I am a firm believer in trial by fire." His smile grows, gaining a peculiar twist. "The trappings of the Jedi here, on Coruscant, at Ossus, and Gala are good for quiet meditation, but life lessons need to be learned the hard way." He stands up, clasping Kari's hand on his shoulder and raises her with him.

"We're going to Tatooine. The Jundland Wastes specifically for the duration of your training," his eyes, blue and hard, glint. "Get ready for your journey, and take only what you need."

-William Shakespeare

Kari rises with him, her gaze still fixated upon his own as he speaks of traveling to Tatooine. In truth, Kari had always been curious about the planet, a wasteland where more life thrives than even on Shili, it's twin suns creating the harshest of environments. With a nod, she excuses herself and heads back toward her room in a haste. Ghost, on the other hand, simply stays put- he's know to be quite lazy at times.

Kari had little possessions, so it wouldn't take quite long for her to gather them all, let alone on what she would need on his journey. Throwing her spare cloths along with other odds and ends- such as mechanical parts for Ghost, clothing for Tatooine's harsh environment and a few M.R.E. Food packets. In little than ten minutes, Kari was ready. Stopping by her closet on her way to the door, Kari grabbed her Jedi Katana and Electrostaff, and headed back toward Lusef's location.

"I am ready Master." Kari spoke as she arrived, a bright smile etched across her face as thoughts of visiting the legendary planet of Tatooine crossed her mind vividly. "If you are in need of transportation, my ship "Night Owl" is just over there in Hanger A-13. It was a gift from the head Master on Gala when i was transferred here as an Adept. Not much for a 720 Freighter, but she's dependable."

karismol.png

Lusef uses the time his apprentice took to gather her things to quickly make a detour through the Temple, and jack into a computer console. He wanted to familiarize himself with its layout, defenses, and any other information related to the Order, including a current roster, basic information on Gala, Phu, Ossus, and even confirmation of a new Helix Station- all probably nothing terribly new as far as intel went probably, but still useful. There are hints of some other new space station being used, but Lusef cannot find anything further on it.

Quietly exiting, he heads back to where he bid Kari on her way. He nods at the suggestion.

"Excellent, excellent idea!" he states, clasping his hands together. "I was just taking a tour around the Temple, giving it one last look. Let me get just a few small things from aboard my ship while you fire yours up."

Giving his apprentice a nod, Lusef does gather a few things from his ship in Hanger A-12, things which he keeps in a reinforced bag- a medkit, extra water and rations- just in case, as well as a few cosmetics and chemicals to keep his prosthetic face intact under Tatooine's blazing twin suns. Finally, he leaves a few parting instructions for his ship should he be unable to return which would be trigger relayed via Lusef's other ship. Satisfied, he puts his ship on lockdown and departs, noting with a pity he failed to get much use of it the Solo Wing.

"Ready as well," he calls, stepping into A-13 "I'm assuming you piloted this here from Gala and would feel comfortable getting us there?"

-William Shakespeare

Kari nodded toward Master Lusef, a humble look upon her face, as she motioned him aboard her ship with Ghost closely in tow. While Kari stashed her gear within the quarters of her ship, Lusef offered the chance as well, Ghost went about the duties of a first-mate and ran the ship's pre-flight tests. Her ship, despite the war-torn exterior was quite pleasant in the interior. Fresh carpeting and walling was visual, the quarters had been remodeled recently, and all the electronics had been upgraded with state of the art technology- quite strange for an Adept with little income. But other than the recent interior designs, the ship was quite classical. No out of the ordinary modifications had been done.

"It's not the flying that is a problem for me,..." Kari spoke as the two reached the cockpit and lifted off, the starboard side striking a loose pipe that released a steady stream of harmless gases out into close quarters. "It's the landing and taking off i haven't gotten used to."

Kari chuckled and took the ship out into airspace, leveling quite elegantly and stable as she plotted a course for Tatooine. Once it was dialed in, Night Owl shot out the atmosphere and into hyperspace, leaving behind Haruun Kal and beginning a new chapter in Kari's young life.

karismol.png