Dubrillion

Tarrian Skywalker

Jacen nodded to Mindan.

--Open Comm Channel to Attackers--

Enemies of Black Sun. I am the Black Sun Vigo in control of this facility. Why have you come into a Black Sun owned system, attempting to avoid out sensors, and making no communication. If you do not respond with an explanation, I will take that as a battle declaration, and I will not hesitate to use force to accomplish my means of defending this base.

--Open Comm Channel--

Edited by Guest

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

If Slicer, had not been told to follow, he would not have done so. Quietly almost cat like, he had stalked after Jacen, much as he had been told to do. He did not speak, for he had nothing to say, he had already told all he had known or thought o Jacen, and through that did, not feel the need to repeat himself.

He adjusted his shoulder strap, and ran a system check on his entire armor system, while he observed the proceedings before him. It seemed battle was upon him, and if that was the case, he had no doubt in h is mind, they would simply get bombardard. After all if the goal was to wipe out this base of black sun, given how they had no fleet above, to oppose this threat, the enemy fleet would have no problems, raining down death in the form of turboblasts.

He could allow himself to open to the force, and feel out for the Jedi, however he really didn't want that. The less the Jedi knew, the better his chances would be to kill him. If it came to that.

His eyes slid across his Hud, to glance behind him before forcusing on Jacen. Interesting the face of Black sun, ould end up being the boy before him. Very interesting indeed.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

((Actually, i never activated the shields, just set them on auto where they would have been activated at the first shot.))

Two Black Sun Corporals who sat side by side at the scanner sensors looked at each other in amazement, turning to call Canderous over.

"Umm, Canderous, Sir." The first one said.

"Yes" Canderous said, turning to their attention.

"You might want to come take a look." Said the second one, pointing to a blimp upon it's screen.

Canderous walked over, leaning down to look at it. And indeed Canderous was startled by what he saw. Appearntly the shields at the old compound went active and now the fleet above was attacking it.

"Um, Mindan, Sir" Canderous said, pretty much mocking, unintentially, the corporal's first reactions.

"Umm appearntly the shields at the old base were left on auto when we moved to this location. They went active and now the fleet above us appears to be bombarding it from what data we're receiving, though there's no way to confirm it." Canderous said, pointing toward the same blimp motioning for Mindan's thoughts on it as he went about prepping the shields for Shield Precedure Three Nine.

Canderous grabbed the control for the shields, typing up the neccesary proecedure codes, converting energy to certain power cells, and readied for confirmation.

Canderous hit enter, the shields going up to full power. Suddenly a small blue shield could be seen erupting out a small dish emitter atop the new Black Sun installation. The base, located out in the Dubrillion Sea upon a small island, approximatly 50 miles from beach to beach, suddenly sprang to life on any up to date radar within the area. Along with the shield, shield barriers sprang up in their appropriate positions, locking down the base from all enemies.

"So, what do you think about the our luck with the other base?" Canderous said, chuckling.

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

Onderin received the comm and responded. "I apologize, members of the Black Sun, for not stating my intent upon arrival," he said. "I am Admiral Starlisk of the Rebel Alliance. I can not allow your faction to recover in full from the ordeal on Haruun Kal. Therefore, surrender Dubrillion or be forcefully removed from it."

He gave no further orders to his fleet. He would wait and see the response first.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Jacen smiled. Not recover from Huuran Kal, hardly. They were already functioning at 100%, with or without a fleet. As for removing Dubrillion forcefully, that probably wouldn't work. Their new shields weren't going to be taken down by an ariel bombardment, and they could hold their own until the Rebels could find Dr. Pang, which was where the shield generator was located, and they had no way of knowing that.

He looked at Mindan for further instructions.

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan smiled at the audacity of the Commander of the Rebel Fleet. Turnign hishead but slightly towards Jacen, he gave his next orders.

"Inform the Commander that he is making aggressive moves upon a peaceful planet that has no desire but to operate our business. The Black Sun he annihilated over Haruun Kal, is not the Black Sun that now operates. There has been a change in leadership and the new management has vastly different views on how to run business to the old. Inform him we do not wish to engage them militarily, however we are prepared to defend ourselves if attacked."

Mindan's conmlink beeped as he spoke, and once he had checked the message, an acceptance of terms and conditions by CelCon, and quietly sent back an acknowledgment, adding that they would be contacted when production was ready to commence.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen nodded and once again opened up a comm channel.

--Comm--

Admiral, I would also like to remind you that you are opening up an attack on a peaceful planet. The Black Sun that your forces destroyed over Huuran Kal are not the Black Sun you will attack if you still continue with your attack. There has been a change in leadership, namely not Piccolo, and we have vastly different views on how to run our businesses. We do not wish a military confrontation, but we will not hesitate to defend ourselves in the event one does occur.

--End Comm--

silassig-1.jpg

"Hold fire," Onderin commanded his fleet. He then opened up a comm back to the surface. "The Black Sun is a criminal organization, and I have come to destroy one of their bases of operation. If you claim to have changed and want to avoid a military confrontation, you must either abandon this base in military surrender or completely sever all ties to our enemy the Empire and cease all criminal activities, signing a treaty between yourselves and us that will ensure that we will never again be at odds.

"If you're willing to do this, then perhaps I am mistaken in coming to attack you," the Jedi Master said, slightly puzzled. He was not an idiot but an experienced war veteran. Never before had he come in hostility into enemy space only for them to claim to be "changed". Of course he would accept their surrender, if that's what they wanted. The Black Sun was in a difficult position, and they were made up of scum and mercenaries...perhaps they were cowardly enough to succumb to his decidedly undesireable but completely reasonable terms.

3C12kbA.png

Kal had slept for some time since his arrival back from the Last Call and his some what failed talks with the Link. He was awaken however by an employee and told what was happening. A sigh escaped his mouth as he realised that he should not have been sleeping. However what was done is done and now he had to help Jacen with the loud ass rebellion.

Walking in to room where Jacen was Kal looked and didn't say a word. The COM came in from the Onderin and it stated his demands. Jacen so far had done well taking what Midan had said. With the line closed for the moment Kal spoke to both Midan and Jacen who was sitting waiting for Midans next word.

"We can meet all of his demands with out meeting his demands. Its a thought but it is still possible. We have been making our criminal activities less well known and more secertive after all. We could except that term and work around it at a later time and then shove it down his own throat. The ties with the empire from what I was told are there and are not there. We do not work for them and they do not grant us any specail privlige after all. Otherwise they would be here. I don't like this what so ever. Whats worst the bloody jedi of a leader can't simply be bribed down. It is not my call however; he knows what type of group we are as well as our history. Bounty hunting is not criminal in nature. Being hired as mercs is not criminal in nature. His terms are unstandable even if they are the worst things I have ever heard,but I belive he can be talked down. It is not my call Midan but it is your choice."

Kal wondered what other options he was no thinking about.

Edited by Guest

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

Delta followed Mindan to the comm center and approached him, putting his hand onto Mindan's shoulder causing him to look up.

”œSir I am ready at a single word to fly my ship into battle or attack by foot or whatever you want. I need orders sir.”

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

Mindan clasped his hands behind the small of his back and turned away from the display and looked out the window.

"Ask him why he feels we are a criminal organisation. Bounty Hunting is a legal occupation, as is being mercenaries for hire. Black Sun has not engaged in any illegal activities since the new management took control and we do not forsee it happening in the future either, so his request that we cease all illegal activities is obviously based upon outdated intelligence and someone should be punished for failing to check the information."

Mindan paused, walking back across to the sensor scans and seeing the ships hanging in the sky above him.

"Inform him that the only tie we have to the Empire is a business treaty regarding the mining of Cortosis on the planet Artus. This is a business agreement, nothing more and I fail to see how that affects the Rebellion when the planet is neutral and anyone can come and purchase quantities of Cortosis at the current market price without fear of attack, whether they be Jedi, Sith, Rebellion or Imperial, smugglers or mercenaries."

"Tell him that this the headquarters of a business organisation that is merely trying to make a credit and get by in the universe. The old management was engaged in nefarious and somewhat dubious activities, however the galaxy is changing and we must adapt or perish. If you do attack this base it will be seen as an act of war by a military faction against a business house and we will defend ourselves, as we have right to do so under attack. We do not feel the need to make a military surrender as we are not a military faction. Nor do we have any grievances with the Rebellion. Your grievance was with the old management."

Mindan paused, his brow furrowing slightly as he thought over what the Rebel Commander had said.

"Jacen, I think that covers all of his points. Lets see what he has to say now."

Mindan turned to Kal with a grin on his face,

"I think we've met his demands without meeting his demands. And think about it. We havent engaged in any illegal activities since I took over. Our holdings on Artus are on honest business."

Mindan felt a hand on his shoulder, turned and saw Delta standing there. Listening to what he had to say, Mindan smiled softly. This loyalty was what he hoped to generate in the organisation now.

"Delta, I would not ask any of my men to commit suicide when we can negotiate. Ready yourself for a ground assualt if the negotations fail however." Mindan paused and put his own hand on Deltas shoulder armour. "And Delta, thankyou."

Mindan turned back to Jacen and waited to hear what the response would be fro overhead.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen nodded as Kal entered the room. He listened to his suggestions, agreeing with them all. He then listened to Mindan, relaying his message.

--Still open Comm channel--

Admiral, the question I have for you is why you feel that we are a criminal organization. Bounty hunting is perfectly legal, as is being hired as mercs. We have not engaged in any illegal activity since the fall of Piccolo and the rise of our new leader, nor do we plan on taking on any new criminal activities in the future. Your intelligence operatives should be punished for the misinformation he has fed you.

The only tie that we have to the Empire is the agreement reguarding the mining of Cortosis on Artus. I fail to see how this affects the Rebels as this is a nuetral planet, and anyone can come and purchase Cortosis without fear of attack. We are business men, not mindless killers.

Your grievance is with Piccolo and the way he ran Black Sun, not with our new leader, and the way he runs his business. The galaxy is always in motion, we must learn to adapt or die out. If you do attack our base, it will be seen as an act of war by a military faction against a business house and we will defend ourselves, as we have right to do so under attack. We do not feel the need to make a military surrender as we are not a military faction, nor do we have grievances with the Rebellion. Your grievance was with Piccolo, who is no longer in this organization.

--Open Comm Channel--

Edited by Guest

silassig-1.jpg

Onderin shut off the comm for a minute so that the Black Sun operatives wouldn't hear him chuckle. Why did he think that they were a criminal organization? Dubrillion neutral? Black Sun operatives business men? Either the man on the very end was very stupid, just trying to buy time (and was succeeding in that), or the Black Sun had really changed. But even if they had changed, the operative wasn't going about this the right way.

Unfortunately, the Admiral didn't know how to respond. He was no diplomat, but a combat expert. If he had Ambassadors Devanus or Talis here, perhaps they would have the correct words for the situation. But being a high ranking officer or a Jedi Master didn't give someone the right words for every situation, even if he could be articulate when he needed to, like, say, when he was teaching about the Force or explaining a battle plan.

For the moment, he was at a slight loss. The Black Sun was a crime syndicate and a long-time enemy of the Alliance and its allies. They had a consistent history of combating Jedi and starting fights during negotiations with other factions. Not a single member of their faction was not a criminal, even if being a mercenary wasn't criminal in itself. They had illegal weapons and illegal equipment, used illegal methods to do their work, and there was no way around it.

It occured to Onderin that he didn't really have to say much at all, only repeat himself and add on a little more. He signalled to once again open the comm channel. "It takes no intelligence agent," he said, "to label the Black Sun as criminal in activities. At one time, the Black Sun did an excellent job of hiding this crime affiliation, but those times are long past. I am not a stubborn man, members of the Black Sun, but a reasonable one.

"I am aware that you have had a change in leadership, and I understand the possibility that, with a change in leadership, a change in method is possible. However, I have no reason to believe that such a change has taken place.

"You can show your change by surrendering peacefully. If you do so, I will order that a check be performed on all of your recent activities, and your base will be searched for illegal weapons and equipment. If what we find shows that you're legal, then we'll leave peacefully and perhaps as friends rather than enemies.

"If you have nothing to hide, you will submit. Resist, and you will be destroyed," Onderin finished.[/i]

3C12kbA.png

OOC: I think you misread. We didn't say Dubrillion was neutral, we were saying Artus was neutral.

He's going to be hardheaded it would appear. This could be interesting.

Mindan let a small sigh of frustration escape his lips. The man was a warrior, with a warriors ability use words in a diplomatic situation, that is to say, not at all.

"Jacen, advise the Commander that at the moment he is the one engaging in illegal activities, using standover tactics to threaten a peaceful business organisation. We do possess weaponry on this planet, yes, as befits a busy business for defensive purposes. However he may notice that we have done no more than activate base shields. No weaponry has been deployed, despite the fact that his armed warships lie in orbit overhead, weapons ready to bombard us.

Inform him, Jacen, that he is right, that the Black Sun was a criminal element, as was Black Dawn, which the Rebels and Jedi destroyed over Haruun Kal. Inform him that, and I know I have not discussed this with any of you, and I do apologise for the suddenness of this, but inform the commander that Red Dawn is not. Tell him that as a Jedi, we are sure he is familiar with symbology, that a red dawn symbolises blood spilt overnight and a fresh beginning. Tell him that that is to symbolise this organisation. Black Sun spilt blood, and wrecked many a treaty and negotiations and wrecked havoc across the galaxy. Red Dawn will engage in legal business activities, including bounty hunting, which, remind him again, is legal."

Mindan stopped momentarily. He could feel his passion rising. He had risen to the head of the Black Sun, the foremost criminal organisation, and had seen its leader go insane and lead the group into destruction. He had no wish to go down that path. Looking back over the records, the only truly illegal activity that Black Sun engaged in was smuggling, which had not happened in some time.

The Rebels came here with threats and warships ready to destroy us, and unlike their reputation, are not willing to work with us. They seem to have allowed the desire for revenge to overwhelm them/ Mindan sighed softly again, and rubbed a finger to his temple to ease the stress.

"Jacen, ask him if he has heard of any illegal, any nefarious, any dubious activities since Haruun Kal that could be attributed to us. There are none, as we are not what we once were.

There is no such thing as a peaceful surrender when there is a sky full of warships over head. That is stand over tactics, blackmail, and the use of threats. Tell him they will not be searching our base. Industrial espionage is something we are very aware of now. And he is not in a position to determine what is and isn't legal as he is a member of a rebellion, which in itself is illegal, which means his entire force, and if he goes ahead with it, his attack, is illegal. Seems a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Tell him that we will not submit to threat of force. But that we will meet with a representative, himself if desires, to discuss this further, in a setting that is more conducive to peaceful negotiations between potential friends."

Mindan laid a hand on Jacen's shoulder.

"You are doing well here Jacen. Being messenger between a Jedi Master and myself isn't easy."

Edited by Guest

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

”œIt will be done sir”¦sir should we let an envoy come and inspect our holdings, surrender, or fight? Meanwhile I will take a group of men to the main entrance and set up a barricade of sorts, and prepare this citadel for battle.”

delta.png.07cab12ec6078bf5996b620866fba993.png

Ca'Aran

As the spears of light flashed by his viewport, Darkholme opened the Black Sun private com channel. He could hear reports of the attack, and the movements of the Rebels, before he even exited hyperspace. As he neared Dubrillion, he activated his weapons systems and routed all shield power to the front deflectors. As his Clawcraft burst from hyperspace, he watched as spears of light flashed against the opposite side of the planet.

As he entered the atmosphere, he could see the movements of the Black Sun troops and the young bounty hunter manuvered his ship down to a small hangar and flipped open his cockpit. Leaping to the floor, Darkholme programmed a team of laborer droids to move the twenty crates of alcohol to the secret labratory to keep them safe. After all, they were not his, yet.

Making his way through the base, the young mutant entered a small room and sent a private com to whoever was in charge.

"This is Agent Darkholme in 3912, awaiting orders."

Jacen nodded, once again turning to the comm station.

--Still open comm channel--

Admiral, I would also like to point out that you yourself are engaging in illegal activities as we speak. You are, as your name points out, a rebellion, which in and of itself is illegal. You are also employing standover tactics to scare us into submission, which I assure you will not happen. Yes, we do have illegal weaponary at our base, but you in yourself are not at the discretion to make an assessment of what is legal and not legal, as I'm sure that you have some kind of weaponary that wouldn't be considered legal yourself, and until you permit our operatives to throughly search your base, ours will remain closed doors as well.

In your assaessment of Black Sun, also known as Black Dawn, you would be compelty correct. Yes, we have engaged in illegal activity in the past, as I'm sure the Rebellion has as well, but we are no longer Black Sun. We are Red Dawn, the new and better version of the Black Sun that you destroyed over Huuran Kal. As I'm sure you know, red dawn symbolizes blood spilt overnight and a fresh beginning. This is to symbolize our organization. Black Sun spilt blood, and wrecked many treaties and negotiations and wreaked havoc across the galaxy. Red Dawn will engage in legal business activities, including bounty hunting, which, as I'm sure you will remember, is perfectly legal.

I would also like to ask what illegal activity you have heard of since Huuran Kal that could be attribiuted to us. I'm almost willing to bet that there are none, we are not what we once were.

There is not such thing as a peaceful surrender when there is a sky full of warships overhead. Those are employing standover tactics, blackmail, and the use of threats, which I was under the impression that the Aliiance never used. You will not be seaching our base. Industrial espionage is something we are very aware of now. As you should remmeber, you are in no postition to determine what is and isn't legal, as you are a member of a rebellion that in itself is illegal, which means your entire force, and if you comence attack, is illegal. Seems like a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

We will not submit to the threat of force, but we will submit to meet with a representative, yourself if you so desire, to discuss this further, in a setting that is more conductive to peaceful negotiantions between potential friends. I would suggest the Last Call on Coruscant.

--Still open comm channel--

silassig-1.jpg

OOC: This is me just kind of jumping back into the rp.

From the depths of outer space, a black vessel slipped out of hyperspace and pointed its nose towards the Alliance fleet above Dubrillion. Upon exit, the engines roared to life and propelled the ship. Several minutes into the flight, a communication was transmitted to the star defender.

"This is former-Jedi Tares Vortex, requesting an audience for Admiral Starlisk. From my scans, I can see this may not be the best of times... however, my request is urgent."

Tares had spent several weeks tracking down the rebel fleet. Ever since the alliance had shifted from galactic government, to rebel organization again, contacting their assets had grown harder over the months. Had Tares not served in the intelligence department years ago, he doubted he would have ever been able to track them down. Now that he had been able to locate the fleet, Tares hoped he would be of some use....

tares.jpg

As Jacen was standing at the comm station, a young captain apprached him.

"Sir, we have intercepted a communication from an ex-Jedi Knight who calls himself Tares Vortex. He is requesting an audience with the Admiral of the Rebels, who we now know is Onderin Starlisk.

Does this mean anything?"

Jacen thought this over. He had never heard of a man named Vortex, though someone else might have. He turned to Mindan.

"You ever heard of this Vortex guy? Know anything about him?"

silassig-1.jpg

Mindan's brow furrowed as he thought back through names and contacts he had dealt with over his years and failed to come across that name.

"No," began Mindan slowly, "that name is not one I have heard previously. Do a sensor scan of the surrounding areas, landbased sensor scan. Lets make sure they haven't put down a ground force secretly while we've been talking, sent in from the shadow of the planet."

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen nodded, then proceeded to walk over to the sensor station. He sent the young operative who was currently there over to one of the holonet terminals to research the name Teras Vortex, any possible aliases, and background.

Jacen's hands flew over the keys, searching quadrant after quadrant of land mass. Before coming to work for Red Dawn, Jacen had been an accomplished free lance slicer, managing to hack his way into the National Bank on Coruscant more than a few times. He circled through the island fortress twice before expanding his search into the ocean surrounding it. His search turned up no ground forces, so he decided to do an ariel sweep.

His fingers once again flew over the keyboard, the sound of clicking keys calming him. The quadrants flashed in and out of view as the screen traced ships. He caught view of something, and stopped his search, going back to that screen. Two squadrons of A-wings were advancing on the base. They appeared to be reconassance, but one could never be sure.

He walked over to Mindan and made his report.

"There have been no ground troop landings, but I did pick up two squadrons of A-wing fighters advancing on the base. What course of action should we take?"

silassig-1.jpg

((OOC: I never knew the A-Wings were buzzing on the surface... But never matter thats the bossman's call.))

An alert klaxon began ringing on the bridge of the Justiciar. The Mon Cal Captain of the cruiser nodded to him, Gren smiled grimly as he activated the ships intercom.

"All pilots. This is Commander Gren Sairdonga. Get to your fighters gentlemen. We are on immediate combat standby. Hold launch until the orders come through. Out."

He shut the intercom off. Turning to the captain he said,

"May the Force be with you captain. It looks like these guys will try and fight us."

"And with you Commander. Fly steady. Shoot straight."

Gren nodded at the Captain then turned on his heel and made his way quickly to the main hangar bay... Four Squadrons of fighters were being prepped for launch. Ranger's Eye was sitting right where he left it., seeming to strain at her leash, eager for combat... Yet still retaining that lifeless deadliness E-Wings seemed to possess... He climbed in, getting comfortable... The other Sentinels were already waiting. He began the preflights then switched them over to the R7 droid in the back... He hadn't named it yet... Activating his Squadron channel on one frequency and the Fighter Command frequency on another he began cracking out orders. To his squadron,

"Alright lads, report in by the numbers. One here."

To the Fighter Wing of the Justiciar he said,

"Squadron Leaders, report in to me when all your pilots are green. As I said earlier we aren't launching yet. When the order comes in we go. Stay in defensive formation around the Justiciar. Sentinel One out,"

Now all he could do was wait...

sigyh.jpg

Mindan chuckled softly to himself.

Playing both ends of the spear Admiral. bold.

"Lets show them we are honourable "criminals" and ensure that our shields are at full capacity. Lock onto the A-Wings with a spread of weaponry, but do not fire, then comm the good Admiral and ask him what is going on. We're trying to conduct peaceful negotiations and he appears to be sending down further means of destruction, hardly conducive to trust between potential friends."

Mindan's face was a grin from ear to ear now. The irony of the situation was remarkable to him and reminded him heavily of the time he had been in the opposite situation many years ago in the outer rim territories.

I only hope Onderin handles this better than I did then. He sounds older and more experienced than I was.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Jacen nodded to Mindan once again, then proceeded to the command station. The station had everything that Jacen would need. Base analysis, shields, weapons, lock-ons, comms, sensors and holonet. He called up the weaponary system, as well as the sheilds. He noticed that the shields were only functioning at 88 percent, which was not good.

He pulled out his comm and sent an encrypted message to Dr. Pang.

--Encrypted comm--

Doctor, as I'm sure you are aware, the sheilds in your labratory are only functioning at 88 percent. Do what you can to bring them back up to 100 percent.

*Pang acknoledges*

--Onnd out

--End Comm--

He then continued with the weapon's lock on. Finger's flying, Jacen instructed the computer to mark the targets red, as Reds 1-24, which would cover the two squadrons. He then assigned a different launcher to each ship, and let them know not to fire yet, but to wait for the order.

As he finished that task, he pulled up the comm station, sending yet another comm to the now recognized Admiral Starlisk.

--Comm to Starlisk--

Admiral Starlisk, as I'm sure you're aware, you have sent two squadrons of A-wings to our base. They have proceeded to fire upon our shields, which could be interpretted as an act of war. I will proceed to give you 90 seconds from the end of this message to call off the attack before I blow all 24 of them out of the sky. We are trying to conduct peaceful negotiations and you have been sending down means to destroy us. As we are now "hounorable", or however you wish to speak of us, we have not fired upon your vessles. We will not refrain from doing so, if they continue their attack.

::As Jacen is speaking, he sets the countdown timer to 90 seconds::

We wish to conduct these negotiations, but cannot do so while we are under your attack. Once again, you will have 90 seconds, starting as soon as this message is recieved.

--Onnd Out--

--End Comm--

Jacen's eyes fixed on the countdown timer on his display.

silassig-1.jpg

As Kal watced as Jacen did as Midan told him to in perfect sync Kal did his own course of action. Sending singal to his personally cooked up troops that were more than enough for almost any all foe's during the Black Dawn matter troops reported to armories and prepared for battle. They were told to do so with out causing a commition or doing so with so much activity.

Even though Kal should be in Jacen's chair at the moment he was fine and this also let Kal do one more thing. On a highly encrypted COM a message was shot to Mandalore in preparition for what was about to come.

COM

-----

These are the specs of the raptors and juggernauts. The raps will be your high speed units and the jugs will be your walls. Use them properlly.

-----

End.

Then talking to Midan kal informed of what was going on.

"The Raptors and Juggernatus are being prepared. They will be following Mandalores authority under our own since he is the most familiar with the defenses."

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

Cooperate, damnit! Onderin thought. These "Red Dawn" members were collectively idiots. They try to claim to be legal, then openly admit to possessing illegal weaponry. They then try to call his own actions illegal. They were idiots. The Rebel Alliance was a faction that had controlled the galaxy for grand stretches of time and been the official government. Yes, they were rebelling against the Empire, but any faction could be illegal from the standpoint of others! Some cult could be founded to worship some false god and be declared illegal by the Galactic Empire, but their own rules could declare the Galactic Empire illegal!

Who was it, then, that determined what was legal and what was not? Why, it was the victors of course, the current faction in charge. Well, at this moment, neither the Empire nor the Rebellion maintained control of Coruscant, so neither faction was dominant. Who made the rules then? Both of them, each as it saw fit. But the Rebel Alliance was not illegal, and even the Empire didn't hold uprising as violation of law, only something that must be put down. There was no law that said "There shall be no unrest within the Galactic Empire." And heck, the Rebel Alliance wasn't in the Galactic Empire. They had their own worlds and their own domain.

Onderin considered trying to explain this, but he knew that it would be for naught. Despite their fronts of alleged respectability, the Red Dawn was clearly hostile. Even now they were threatening to destroy the A-wings he sent on reconnaisance, falsely claiming that the squadrons attacked Dubrillion's shields. They were threatening him.

"Launch starfighters. Recall the A-wings and protect them. I want the Deltas on the ground, as well as a few other volunteers, to infiltrate the Dubrillion base and terminate key figures. But I need plenty of people to defend the ships against boarding parties, as well," Onderin ordered.

He then opened the comm back to the base on Dubrillion. "Red Dawn, you have not complied with my reasonable requests, and you have threatened the Rebel Alliance with violence. I have no choice but to destroy you," he said, then shut off the comm.

"Sir, we have an incoming comm from a man who calls himself Tares Vortex," the communications officer said.

Tares Vortex! Onderin thought with wonder, allowing himself a smile despite the situation he was in with the Red Dawn. That's a name I haven't heard in a while. He was a Jedi Master before I was even a hopeful.

"Send a comm back to Master Tares Vortex telling him that I'd be happy to meet with him," the Admiral said. "I am confined to the bridge for the moment, however, so he'll have to meet me here."

3C12kbA.png

((Collective idiots? The only reason I threatened you was because you were threatening us. I apologize, I did misread your post about the A-wings. I thought that you had said that they had attacked, not the capital ships, but either way, you can't tell me that you wouldn't have done the same thing in my position. I was protecting the base, it's not as if I actually fired, which you did...))

Jacen's eyes watched the count down timer slowly drop.

He took his eyes off the timer as the screen indicated he had a message. He punched a few keys and the Admiral's voice once again came through.

--Comm from Admiral--

"Red Dawn, you have not complied with my reasonable requests, and you have threatened the Rebel Alliance with violence. I have no choice but to destroy you."

--End Comm--

Jacen grimaced as he listened. He had not wanted to fight. It would harm both sides substantially, and possibly destroy one. He wished for peace talks. Red Dawn was not the criminal organization that the Rebels had destroyed six months ago at Huuran Kal. They had changed. Yes, they still possessed illegal weaponry, but it was for the benefit of their buyers. Jacen's hands once again flew over the keys as he prepared a comm to the Admiral.

--Comm to Admiral Starlisk””

Admiral, I am asking you to reconsider. I have made no move against your fighters, except to target them, without firing, as I am well aware that you have done with the capital ships in your possession. I would say twenty-four fighters compared to an entire base of operations is a pretty big comparison. I have not fired upon you, which you have done upon us, even if it is only our shields. I do not see what REASONABLE request I have not complied with. Searching our base is rather unreasonable, wouldn't you say? Think of what you would do in my situation, and I'm pretty sure that you would do exactly what I'm doing. And as I'd like to point out again, you are not the judge of what is legal and not legal, as I'm sure that you possess something illegal at this point.

What I'd also like to point out is that you were the one who initiated the attack against us. We have made no move against the Rebel Alliance since Huuran Kal, and since we have had a change of leadership, we do not plan to. All of our business since Huuran Kal has been legal. I'll even give you a low down on what's happened. Kal has been negotiating peace talks with the organization known as the Link. I have been bounty hunting, which I would remind you is legal, until I was ambushed and almost killed by Shadow Fett((your alias, go figure)), our boss has been negotiating with a company, and two of our other agents have been on Artus, with the Empire, who you currently have a treaty with if I'm not mistaken. So there you have it, we have done nothing illegal.

Now our weapons I could possibly see where you have a problem with them, but considering that we have had no indication of using them against you or anyone else, I would have to say that there's nothing illegal about it, also considering that you are not the judge of what is legal and illegal.

As is stands, it seems that you have been the only one who has committed anything illegal since Huuran Kal, since you have attacked a peaceful organization with capital ship weapons, and since we have not retaliated, it seems that you are the bad guys here, not us. I would urge you to agree to peace talks, as I'm sure nobody wants unnecessary blood shed here, as I'm pretty sure that's what the Rebel Alliance was founded for, to stop the blood shed under the Imperials.

As a sign of good faith, I will take the targeting systems off of you're a-wing ”œreconnaissance fighters”

silassig-1.jpg

((Silas, do not take anything in my posts personally. I am depicting my character. Onderin is frustrated with the Red Dawn--I am not. Just because he thinks that you're idiots doesn't mean that I do. Trust me, you needn't even read the text of my posts save the comms, for that's all your character can perceive.

I trust you know the difference between OOC and IC knowledge? ))

Onderin sighed. Did this man want peace or did he not? "The posession of illegal weapons is considered a crime, and therefore your posession of them makes you a criminal organization," the Admiral said into the comm. "I have every right to demand your surrender for that fact alone. If you destroyed these weapons and showed me the evidence, then I would have no grounds for attacking you.

"However, since you have made it clear that you will attempt to repel anyone we put on Dubrillion soil and have threatened us, it appears that you are not willing to take the measures required to get you out of this mess," Onderin said wearily. How many times would he have to explain the same thing? "I know that you know that you are outnumbered and outgunned. I would think that, if you truly wanted to get away without a fight, you would be submissive to the steps I have prescribed for you."

The Jedi Master forced himself to sit down in his command chair again. He didn't want to talk all day, but he hoped that he had made himself clear one of these times. The Red Dawn would submit or fight. The Red Dawn didn't have a hand, and the Alliance was raising the bets. They just had to decide whether to bluff or fold.

3C12kbA.png