Dubrillion

Tarrian Skywalker

Mindan acknowledged Piccolos communication. Organization of treatment and transport of the survivors he handled himself. He felt guilty. He had failed in his role. He had not captured or killed Fett, and had allowed Fett to kill many operatives. Sighing, he turned to the task of tagging the injured according to their chances of survival. He organised Crow to access the stored archive of the last backup copy of Dubrillion's main computer to locate a personnel list that would assist in this gory process.

Mindan worked himself mercilessly. For three days, he assisted the field medics to identify bodies, mark wounded, treat the immediate attention cases, and give a small mercy to those who were too far gone.

Finally, Mindan stood up and removed his sunglasses, wiping away the grime on his face with a cloth. He was hot, tired and mentally worn out. Coming Crow, he asked him to prep Laayla for return to the Citadel.

Once on board, Mindan instructed Crow to make the calculations for hyperspace and to wake Mindan only if it was an emergency, or if they were two hours from Coruscant. With a derisory chirp, Crow added with a beep and a whistle that Mindan was in no fit state to turn up to the base as it was, and advised him to refresh himself.

Mindan commented with a grin that droids who spoke to much often wound up deactivated, to which he received an electronic raspberry. Grinning, Mindan made hiw way to the refresher unit and allowed himself to stand under the deeply massaging water jets. Stumbling into his cabin after, Mindan lay down on his bed and was sound asleep before he could think of turning the lights out.

And so he slumbered.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

As Jacen was about to pull the lever into hyperspace, he heard Mindan's orders. He pulled his hand away and watched as the Night of Vengance disapeared into hyperspace.

He swore loudly into the comm.

" We almost had him. Now we have him to deal with and no Dubrillion base. I'm heading back to the Citadel. I'll see you guys later."

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

• 7 months later...

A small Geonosian Starfighter emerged from hyperspace. Geonosis Bob had recieved orders from his Black Sun...now Black Dawn...benefactor. As the Geonosian landed his ship, he noticed the rubbage that may have once been a great building. Much had changed since he was last with the Black group, and he was eager to work with them again. He landed his ship and surveyed the surrounding area for lifeforms.

Laayla exited hyperspace, and Mindan immediately threw power into the shields and looked to his sensors in case Shadow Fett had left a gift for them, or anyone else for that matter.

See it was all clear, Mindan switched his sensors to long range passive mode and waited for the container ship to exit hyperspace. Once it had done so, Mindan gave orders for a group of operatives to be sent to the surface and to put up some temporary buildings, while the ship was to stay in orbit with hyperdrive on standbay for a microjump to the next system should any agressive ships enter orbit.

Mindan ordered Crow to keep their own weapons and shild systems on full readiness as well. The future of the galaxy was in their hands at the moment. Best not to take to many chances.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Rodya's ship came out of hyperspace above the planet of Dubrillion. He quickly flashed Black Sun signatures so to avoid attacks from any defenses that had been set in place. Scanning the area Rodya found a familar ship, the Laayla. Rodya had personally piloted this ship before, and knew it to belong to the Vigo Mindan.

"Vigo, I, Rodya, have arrived. Where will my assistance be needed?"

rodya2.jpg

Mindan's sensors came alive as a ship he identified as belonging to Rodya exploded from hyperspace.

"Weclome to Dubrillion, Rodya. There are a group of operatives on the way to the planets surface to erect the buildings we will need for our duration here. I would like you to head to the surface and oversee their construction. And be careful. We dn't know who has been here since we left last. Watch for traps."

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Piccolo's transport landed on Dubrillion. He immediately moved to the container, leaving orders for Mindan.

"I will use my body to power the device, and interface with it. I do not wish to be disturbed. See that camp is set, and no one interrupts me while I am inside."

Mindan acknowledged Piccolo's orders, and passed them onto Rodya, tasking him with bein alert for Piccolo's needs.

OOC:Sorry guys, I'm going to be away this weekend. I might be able to get another post in tonight but otherwise it'll be sunday.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Slicer had been patched up in more ways then one. He had informed his insurance agency as he sat on the bench his new ship was being worked on with a few modifcations.

He was still here in yet another base as the grand leader guy decided to move ahead with out him an activate the thing. Now he had as much of a right to that thing as the droid guy did. However he really didn't feel like having to force drained from him.

Though in a little while that will be irrevlant seeing how the force will be removed from this area. He had plans for when that happened. The first being he was going to spar. If he was going to push the galaxy into becoming forceless then the first thing he would make sure off would be to see and make sure that he could operate without it. He had no doubt that he could However he had begun to fear that it had become a crutch for him. Which would therefore make it a weakness. He smiled behind his visor. He had to go recharge his suit. Moving off to do so he wondered where the best place to do it would be.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

Rodya acknowledged both set of orders give to him, and with some precise calculations he moved his ship towards the planet's surface. He landed on the out skirts of the construction zone where temporary buildings were already being put in place.

Rodya, arguably a technical genuis and the man who had designed the security for the prestigous Citadel on Coruscant before it had been overrun by Thorpe Corp, stepped out of his ship and took control of the construction crew. He ordered a large majority of the men to continue working as they were erecting temporary buildings that would serve as security control rooms, housing, and offices, but he also hand picked a smaller group to patrol the area with him. He had been warned by his Vigo to be weary of traps or other such things. Rodya's tech eye would serve him well when looking for such things.

The Black Dawn operatives policed the ruins of the once Black Sun base looking for anything out of the ordinary. Rodya's heavy foot smushed the ash into the dirt as he walked through the former base. He had never personally been to this base, but he remembered the trouble the Black Sun had with their former agent, Shadow Fett. Rodya walked through the waste land and saw nothing but betrayl. He desired the traitor's blood. Revenge. That was all that Rodya could think about as he searched the former base.

Construction continued while Rodya looked for traps and waited for Piccolo's orders...

rodya2.jpg

Kals small ship came out of hyperspace and landed on the surface near the main contrusction camp. The agent know as Rodya had began supervision of the camp. Kal exited the ship with his three droids and surveryed the area. D1 began visual uplink with one of the ships above and sent the image to Kal's glasses. Kal saw the sight and let of a nice wistle.

The base was nothing more than ash, and Kal saw what Rodya was planning to do and had an idea. Kal had D2 hook up though the same ship and systematiclly perform a thermal, electric, and infraed to start. As D2 did his scan Kal walked over to Rodya.

"Hey. I have two of my droids patched in though an obersvation post in one of the ships above. I have somthing you might like to see."

Kal pulled out a cord from his wrist PC.

"If you don't mind do you have some place where I can insert this so you can see what I see and what I think we should do so we can properlly defend this encampment?"

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

The planet of Dubrillion shook as minor tremors blanketed its surface. An invisible force knocked every living creature off their feet. It was like being hit by a sound wave, without any actual noise accompanying it. Slicer felt it worst of all. He was completely cut off from the Force. Every creature felt a sudden loss of some kind, a feeling of dread in the pit of their stomachs. Everyone except Piccolo that is. His inorganic body felt nothing. Piccolo emerged back out of the transport container. He addressed all the operatives.

"There is no need to panic. I have activated and tested the device. The perfection of my new body was able to fully communicate with it. Dubrillion is Force-user free, and will remain so for the duration of our stay. That is what it does. It is better than I could have possibly imagined. Those of us cursed with Force ability will regain their power once they are clear of the planet."

Piccolo knew Slicer would be most concerned, but he didn't have time to address the man's needs. Piccolo summoned Kamino and Mindan.(when you get back Brendo, no worries)

"I want a construction area to be created before we put any temporary housing up. No one will sleep until we have begun construction on copies of this power. I have studied this device carefully. It is a simple and ancient design. It will not be difficult to replicate. The plans are in the droid part of my brain. I can download them to datapads and hasten our efforts."

((Sorry guys, my internet sucks really bad right now, and of course this is my freshman year in Drumline, and with a game last night I was out till 2:00 and we had a Western Days Parade today, so I've beeen swamped. The connection thing should be fixed this week, so I might be on more frequently, but not as much as I'd like.))

The Lucky Me fell out of hyperspace above Dubrillion. Jacen watched the sparkling blue oceans ripple in the breaze. He remembered this planet perfectly. Bursting through the atmosphere, Jacen smiled. It was good to be home.

After landing, Jacen made his way to Mindan. The other Vigo nodded.

"Mindan, what exactly do I need to be doing here?"

((Sorry for being so blunt, but I'm lost...))

silassig-1.jpg

Rodya was about to reply to Kal about having a place to stick something, when a shock wave threw the mountain of muscle to the ground. He smacked the earth with a hard thud, and then felt it. It was the feeling he got from his implant just ten thousand times stronger. At first the feeling almost hurt, as if all the life was being drained out of his body, but within seconds he had grown used to the effect and grew quite fond of it.

He stumbled back to his feet and looked at Kal, "Yeah, I might be able to link that cord of yours into my datapad. With a few re-programming tricks I may be able to get it to project an image."

Rodya took out the piece of equipment, and with his small tools adjusted some microchips and whatnot. When he was satisfied he took Kal's cord and plugged it into his datapad.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?" Rodya asked, now staring at a hologram...

rodya2.jpg

Kal felt the tremor hit hard. He felt like he lost a part of himself but then was normal. He heard Piccolo shout out the order and saw Rodya projeict the image.

"As you can tell this an point of view of our encampment above the planet. We are here, the machine here, and whats left of the origanl compound here."

Kal pointed to all areas and highlighted them with his wrist PC which relayed it to the projecitor. Typing in some commands images popped up.

"I say we put up our outter shell here along the inner rim of the old compound. Set up four defense turrest here at each corrner. We then follow it up with the conctrusction plants near each corner of the encampment. We then put the origanl here in the center so we do not lose it or risk it damage. We then set up temporay barracks here along the middle of the factoryies and the device. We then use the empty space here, here, and here to store mutitions, extra devices, etc etc. My estamitions say if we follow this line up for contrsuction we should be up and running in less than a days time. The contruction plants in a matters of hours as long we divide the labor equally and keep ejctions going for stimulation and nutrition."

Kal sent this blue print and time line to the data pad as a perment file and with drew his cord which retracted into his wrist PC.

"Thats my idea unless you have a better one."

Kal is a man who if he found you in back alley, you want to run away as fast as you can and pray you find the exit.

Kamino was levelled to the ground by a massive shockwave. As he stood back up, he heard Picollo's booming voice. He followed his friend's orders and began overseeing the construction of the weapon foundries....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days, and several hours later, an extremely exhausted and worn Kamino surveyed the progress...The weapon construction facilities were up and running.

Finally! The day of the Black Dawn has come!

Kamino watched as the foundries began constructing replicants of the Ultimate Weapon. The extermination of Force Users was proggressing along nicely.

Kamino.jpg

Mindan stalked around the compound watching as the many operatives worked hard on construction efforts. Mindan looked inside himself and felt a restlessness that he had not known for many years. An emptiness that threatened to consume him, and send him sliding down the slippery slope of despair and loneliness. Making his way through the compound, Mindan looked through his dark glasses at the workers scurrying around like ants, feeling totally detached from the scene, almost as if he was from another dimension, watching what was happening, what was going on around him.

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Darkholme listened to Piccolos voice as it echoed across Dubrillion. It seemed that everything was changing in his life. And it pleased him so very much.

As other agents began constructin g the new weapon, Darkholme removed his pistols from their holsters and he began to modify them. Making them perfectly attuned to his style.

OOC: Sorry for missing your post the other day Silas..was on a different planet.

IC: Silas' words penetrated Mindan's cloud and he registered the words.

"Welcome back to Dubrillion Silas. Things are progressing well as you can see. Piccolo's plan is proceeding according to his timetable. For the moment I think the best way you can be of assistance is to find Kal, and work alongside him in developing the security measures for the compound."

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Piccolo personally set up a small command tent as his own personal quarters. His droid brain had received Geki's transmission. Piccolo had delayed his reply, unsure of what to do. The message could have been from anyone, though he had his suspicions. If it was a Force-user and if he discovered what exactly they were doing here, all could be lost.

All the more reason to speak with him. Better to see what he knows. Plus I'm incredibly curious.

Piccolo sent a response.

"Alright old acquaintance, I'll meet you. But not on Dubrillion. Pick a neutral location."

Pain. It is a word meant to describe a number of things, one of those being physical hurt or bodily suffering. Yet in this case pain simply was not a strong enough word. Not for the man known as Slicer to the part of the galaxy that had heard of him. It had come with out warning, truly it had. Part of it could be that i twas activated by a machine, The other part of it could have been he hadn't been ready for it. None the less, the pain he felt was one that left a warrior such as himself shaking from the loss.

It had come in stages. The first stage he had felt as if Cephalalgia. Then it really hit him. It was as if he was standing naked on a scale weighing twice as much as he ever did. At the same time however it felt as if the very fires of Hell were underneath that scale, leaping into the soles of his feet and traveling up and down his body in waves making his brain feel as if it was boiling.

Then suddenly it was as if he felt separate from his self the pain was non existent as he watched himself in his mind's eye get his bones ripped from his skin and then thrown out into the sun to bleach. With a jarring sensation the pain became as real as his life. Before he could recover the final stage hit him. It was as if he was laying on a pile of spikes as flames engulfed his body. He could feel flesh and nerve, skin and muscle going up in the flames as he was being burnt alive. Yet before the entire process was complete he was whole again only to become more fuel for the fire.

In more ways than one he had felt as if he had just taken a trip through Hell. Had he not been sitting on the bench he would have collapse onto the floor as these sensations hit him. Lucky for him when he awoke he found himself starring at the ceiling.

There was no ebb and flow in the universe anymore, there was no extra eye looking out for him, nothing to signify that he wasn't alone in the galaxy. He felt in and of himself and nothing else. Even his armor was a new sensation to him. Shaking he pulled himself up to a sitting position. Time seemed to slow as he took a deep breath and then relaxed it. Blinking. He raised an arm with a slowness that surprised him.

Pushing off against the wall he stepped away form the bench. He would preform a kata in order to gain a better sense of self than his current detached yet anchored down feeling he was experiencing. He felt as if he was lost yet at the same time found. It was gratifying, terrifying, and altogether wonderful. He did not need the force to operate. It would seem his answers had been found that the force was no a crutch for him but instead simply another weapon that he was being relieved of for the time being.

Preforming his simple kata he sighed.

My reaction time is still the same. Even with out the force my reaction time is still the same. I will refrain from lightsaber combat however. just because my reaction time is the same doesn't mean that I can still wield a lightsaber. For a lightsaber takes the force to wield just too keep it from hitting you in the face.

He relaxed his body and entered a mediatative state. The pain of being stripped of the force had been one he had been unprepared for. For that his movements were still shaky a simply calming exercise would fix that. Then he would seek out a sparring partner in order to test his combat prowess with out the force. Afterwards he would confront Piccolo. After all the droid thing had HIS machine. Sure he had agreed to share it but he felt as if he been demoted to some lackey.

Suddenly he remembered something. He quickly sent off a transmission after having it bounce around in the holonet a bit. then he made his way around to find a vibrosword. As well as replace the weapons he had lost. Minus his one lightsaber. After all he did have two of them and it wasn't like he would be using it any time soon.

ship

Comm for Slicer -- A long time ago you had a job for me. I have one for you now, it will pay very well. Plus I may have a bit of information that may intrige you. Come to Serenno if you are interested. I will also offer you a chance to spar with the finest warrior in Serenno in the Great Arena where only the noblest warriors have foughten.

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Kal recived the COM from the Vigo. He acknowledged the message and came to Silas.

"Well I figured to make life easier I would come to you and find out what you want. So, what can I do for ya. I was working on getting the rest of the compound up."

Kal waited for Silas to responed and tell him what he wanted of him.

His brand new replacement ship complete with all the upgrades he had asked for when he filed out his insurance claim had arrived. Boarding it he lifted off planet after all he still had other jobs to do. He would be back. He had to be back his weapon was here.

ship

Listening to Kal, Jacen nodded.

"Thanks for coming. I've been instructed to work with you on getting the security measures for the compound up and running so we can get this thing over with. I have a couple of ideas for security, but I'm interested in seeing the ideas you have."

((Meaning I want to know what kind of security you have in mind, then comparing my list to yours and getting a general census.))

silassig-1.jpg