Corellia

Darth Jade

For Dahlmiester's part, it was neither a threat or intended to intimidate. It was a statement of fact. His organization had other ends, other plans far more sinister in motion, but this was a step in the right direction, and for now, acting through the hands of Black Sun would be best for all... and being no fool, Rinwald wasted no opportunity.

The Director of CORE snaps his fingers and an unsettling sight is brought into the room. Bound with metal and blinded by a mask, a humanoid of unknown species is wheeled into the room on a stretcher.

"One of Beta's used test subjects," Dahlmiester notes clinically. "We were working with a way to limit force users through cellular sublimation with nanite technology, much in the same way mineral deposits will slowly petrify a forest over the ages. Unfortunately it ruined his body with tumors developing over 78.3% of his vital organs and caused 5 different forms of psychosis. It's only his residual force powers that are keeping him alive, fighting off the nanite plague. Still, he has use..." Dahlmiester snaps his fingers again and his hand shimmers, the nanites that supersaturated his own body acting up, ressonating with the CORE technology found in Piccolo's new body, activating full power, and the shadow mass generator, which activates.

The masked alien shrieks once, and a surge of energy charges through Piccolo's suit. "The living force around you can be feed off of with ease, though empowered individuals can do wonders for your batteries." The alien thrashes, the stiffens, small tendrils of grey ooze trickling out of open sores. Dahlmiester snaps his fingers again and the alien is wheeled away for proper disposal.

"As for armies, we have plans to power them with the self-same technology. We have been breeding vornskrs in captivity on our homeworld base, cybernetically altering them. They are stronger, more vicious, more determined, and armored to chase down padawans and apprentices- or unprepared squadrons of stormtroopers or alliance troops."

As he speaks a hologram projector in the background starts to display these new technologies.

"Next is a more specialized troop- based off the Mandalorian model, but lacking their heavy armorments. Jet packs and flechette launchers, coupled with refined disruptors and blasters. Light and manuverable to resist force throws and even conventional blaster fire. They could give a knight or a lord a run for their money."

Next a hidious looking humanoid is displayed. "The rarest and most expensive of these is our super elite. Being very careful to conceal ourselves from other powers that be, we harvested orbalisks from the beast moon of Dxun, refined their genetic code, and hooked them into cyborgs armed with the force consuming generator, leaving behind a nanotech poison to surprise others who would harvest those beasts. The residual emissions are enough to placate the beasts. Faster healing, nigh impervious to lightsabers, and with speeds and battle data surpassing even the canniest droids, these are your elite for hunting masters of the force..." Once more a thin smile appears on Dahlmiester's face. "Added in with money to hire mercinary troops, the resources of Black Sun and the pirates, you have an army that, with proper strategy could even catch the Empire off guard and damage them severely, severely enough to use the window to neutralize their leaders at the least.

Once more the Director smiles. "As for ships, we have been working with Mister Wartide to revamp smaller fighter ships he aquired, coupling them with a few we too have obtained on the black market. We found a few derrelict Star Destroyers and other ships here and there and revamped them. You could reduce a civilized world to slag if you so chose..."

The hologram flashes through the ships obtained in the past few months. While this may have come as a shock to Piccolo, and to some degree Ronin, CORE was always on the alert for the main chance. "Take your pick," Dahlmiester offers graciously, his grey eyes, piercing and untroubled by emotion, dancing with their own calculating light.

He snaps his fingers one last time and wall opens up, revealing a turbolift pod like the one that brought Ronin down to CORE's secret base. Rinwald hands Dahlmiester a datapad with the details of all of the above (the same information above having been hardwired into Piccolo's new body).

"When you have made your decision, that pod will take you though the tunnels the Celestial... or perhaps even the Killiks... once used when they created the Corellian system... and back to the surface regardless..." As Rinwald speaks of the creators of the Corellia system, for the first time Piccolo would have heard there is a halting pattern in his speech, indicating genuine respect, or perhaps even reverence for those who have gone before.

Leaving his departing guests to their own devices, Dahlmiester turns back to the lab and various projects obviously afoot, having done his role in setting the ball rolling, now indifferent really to events. "Oh, by the way," he states in his low, urbane voice. Slowly he turns his head over his shoulders, giving a wide smile, both white and vicious, though definitely dark and ironic above all else. "May the force be with you."

RDSig.jpg

Money and influence

are only a means to an

end. Power is its own

satisfaction.

It felt like a thousand volts of electricity were flowing into his brain. It was not painful, it was perhaps the most pleasurable experience the hunter had ever felt. Piccolo could feel the power coursing through his new body. His body was entirely devoid of nerves, and yet he had an awareness he never possessed in his mortal form. The immeasurable strength he owned was intoxicating. It was indescribable. Concentrating on this feeling, and drawing strength from it, he only half listened to the CORE representatives speech. He processed every word of course, but always he concentrated on the new path this body would afford him. Piccolo shifted attention onto the CORE agent as the man finished speaking. He felt the final words were completely appropriate.

May the Force be with you as well.

Piccolo did not see the same irony Rinwald no doubt saw. His time in between worlds made him truly believe he was carrying out the will of the Force. Piccolo finally spoke, directing his attention to Ronin.

"I can move now Pirate. But I still don't have a ship. Perhaps you have transportation to take us to Artus? That is our next destination."

It was an order, not a request. Ronin saved his life, and for that he would be under Piccolo's eternal protection. But Piccolo had no intention of being polite. The idea of Ronin transporting him only made it worse. There was little doubt Ronin still owned the Gravebreaker. A ship Piccolo had once been promised possession of in exchange for Ronin's hide. He was still annoyed over those events.

Within the rambling crowd dancing in their routine, I whirled aimlessly. The breath of the crowd became mine, their voice welted with my own, and so I dissapeared in the stream of the living river. My mask eclised at every direct gaze that was given to me, as I tried to look as casual as I could.

When the mass began to lose some of its density, I deviated from my path and strayed into the darkness of backalleys. Often turning around to verify if someone had detached from the crowd to track me, I was able to feel my heart beating into chest and through to the tip of my fingers. I pulled the tip of my hood further down on my forehead. My eyes still agonizing from the pain of the light. Even as leaned my tall head forward to hide from the growing light, I could feel the neons buzzing in front of me. Their low humming was a description of the place their inhabited. An incoherent rythm of interupted electric tension in the air that depicted the tale of a bar that had seen better days, and bitter nights.

I stretch my long neck in the doorway of the backdoor, and entered quietly the unguarded entrance

There were three possible escape routes, if things went ill. I tried not to forget it.

After landing on Corellia, Durose set out to find the Pau'an. The only thing he had for sure was his landing location. However, Durose wasn't worried. A tall pau'an would stick out like a sore thumb that has just been pumped with helium. And that was a rare trait in a melting pot like Corellia.

It took him over a half an hour of searching, asking people, questioning leads, search establishments, and the like but finally he found him. Durose grinned when he noticed he was trying to blend in and stay inconspicuous. Walking up the the alien, he moved beside of him looking in the same direction as he was.

"Find anything interesting," he questioned still not looking in his direction.

"What is a Pau'an doing way out here? Pretty odd. You guys rarely leave your homeworld. Personally, I don't see why you guys are so isolationist in so many ways. Who knows. Maybe if you had been more involved in the galactic stream of things you might not have had so many enslaved and relocated by the Empire. But that's old news. How is Utapau these days? Jeez... I haven't been there in a good long time."

Entering a main street, they continued to stroll casually until Durose motioned towards a small alleyway street.

"But let's talk about why I'm here. I need a reliable second-hand man. Someone to work closely with me and help in overseeing the recruiting and construction of the Link Attack Fleet and Strike Force. I've dealt with your people in the past and quite frankly, I was pretty impressed. I don't know what you are doing this far from home or why you are trying to keep a low profile, but I want you to work for me. What do you say?"

Before the Pau'an could reply the Cathar added, "Oh... and I don't think I caught your name. I'm assistant security officer of the Link, Durose Roshan.

They found me. I'm tired of running.

I sighed. Ignorance is bliss.

The cathar is asking rethorical questions to which he doesn't know the answers.

[/i]What is a Pau'an doing way out here? Pretty odd.[/i] He said. He was right. This was a peculiar situation. But that was the last bit of his speech that suprised me. The pathetic lecture about the history of my homeworld was a mere aerial perpective of a world that lives underground. He obviously was no historian. Cathars are more of the ambitious type.

I turned away from the man, pulling the tip of my hood. so he could not see my eyes. His shadow still was as clear as crystal on the cement in front of him. If he tried something, I would know. It seemed that he was more interested in talking than anything else.

A job for construction and recruitment? To me? My species must have made a strong impression on him, but this is not my field of work. My field is the field. The cursed field. The field that robbed me from everything I had, but I am a cursed man, and that is what I was born to do.

I broke my own silence for the first and only time.

''You don't need to know my name, and I have nothing to say to you.''

I departed slowly through the cantina.

The cathar stopped for a second, watching the alien walk through the cantina doorway.

"Oh? Is that so? Then I guess you wouldn't mind if I contact your government and ask about you? I think the quick pic I took of you earlier would greatly help. Wouldn't you agree? Afterall, what you would have to hide?"

Figuring he now had his attention, Durose looked up wrily at the Utapaun, "Let's see. You just arrived here recently. You have been making suspiciuos movements. You come to Corellia of all planets. Not the greatest sight seeing spot, but a great place to get lost. ("Although Nar Shadda is better in my mind," he mumbled.) On top of everything else, no one seems to know your name. But here is where it gets good. I did some searching with my contacts on the outer rim on my way here. There is currently a bounty out on a certain Pau'an. The funny thing is, you seem to meet that profile pretty good. And guess what! It was issued pretty recently, too. Aren't coincidences great?"

Durose took some time to let what he had just said sink in.

Then his complexion changed to a more serious looks and he continued, "Listen, Mr. 'P', I'm not here to play games. In my line of work, I get results. I couldn't have been a bounty hunter for the last 12 years if I didn't get results. Now you will give me the respect I deserve and we will carry on a conversation like two civilized gentlemen or I will ship you back where you came from. I'm not here to collect that bounty... but if you'd rather I do, feel free to continue doing exactly what you are."

Durose expected that the creature would be civilized. However, he positioned his hand on his pistol he had strapped to his side. He didn't want to fight, but if it came to that he would use every ounce of Echani training he had to take the creature down. It was up to the Pau'an.

Procs stumbled out of the bar an out into an alleyway. he had been forced to leave not by any customer or anything of that nature but instead because he was stingy and there was no easy prey in the bar to jack up for some cash.

Feeling slightly woozy he slowly looked around to see where he had stumbled to. To his dismay he found himself between what would seem to be a meeting of sorts or maybe the beginning of a problem. It was no matter both guys were in the wrong place at the wrong time and both of themlooked like they had cash.

Reaching for his blaster he remembered he had left it by the front door. Meanwhile he had ducked out the back like some crazied monkey. Glancing aorud for a weapon of sort he figured he would attack the guy with the visible blaster. once he was taken down he could remove the blaster from the man's hands and use it to hold the other guy up.

Suddenly a strong push picked up and knocked the Cathar off his feet. WH ile Procs had little training in the force the fact of the matter was he had the training and it was the only thing he had. He had been lucky for the push to have even been on target after all he could hardly see straight much less aim properly but that would clear up after all he only felt slightly dizzy.

With out thought or emotion he charged forward and jumped upon the fallen Cathar. He was on the creature for a mere second before he came back up blaster in hand. rolling away he pointed the blaster back and forth at the two men. Just because he was drunk didn't mean he couldn't shoot.

"All right both of you on your feet backs to the wall dough out in front naturally. I want all of it you got on ya. Don't hold out I'll know if you are holding out!"

Procs pointed the blaster at the cathar

"You first Cat boy. Hurry it up I ain't got all day!"

"You @$$#*%%!" The bulky 2.1m Cathar roared as he tapped his comm and rolled to his feet.

What the foolish man didn't see under his robe was that he was armed with an Echani vibroblade on the other side. The two were now staring at each other, weapons drawn.

"I mop the floor with the likes of you scum! Do you know who I am?! I'm a freaking security officer! I've been a bounty hunter for years! Do you actually think some blaster is going to scare me?! Do you have any idea how many blaster have been pointed at me before? I'm an Echani master for crying out load. Does your drunk @$$ have any idea how to even spell that? Well, let me explain. The main principle of Echani teachings is learning to predict your moves before you make them. Congrads, you got me by surprise. But I let you have my blaster. I prefer melee weapons. Do you know what I can do with this Echani blade? I can chop off your hand. Not too mention that your reflexs are impaired from too much booze."

Then, Durose face broke into a very evil smile, "But you know what is the best part? That pistol only has one setting. Stun. It's a stun pistol. I don't use pistols to kill people. And they want the Pau'an alive so if he did actually decide to fight I would stun him. If I need to kill anybody I could do it with my sword. Of course, why would I be stupid enough to do something like that? With CorSec and all? That's right, bub. I'm not."

Then, Durose lashed a lightning strike at his outward hand holding the blaster.

((FYI. You dodge and move your hand or you shot me and I chop it off and then fall stunned to the floor. Of course, if you dodge I will most likely hit you with the butt of my vibroblade and knock you unconcious.))

((With all due respect, Durose, I'd like to know why you are posting in two differant threads, inform me via PM. Thanks))

Out in the alley, the open, the danger, I stood motionless, spectator of this display of petty skills. Meanwhile I kept on fingering the edge of my blade underneath my wrappings. No blood was to be spilled though, not yet; The stakes were too low. I had to play it smart. I had to play it like I did so many times, when the stakes when high, when people counted me, when the Chairman was honorable. This time its differant, and the same.

A pocket-sized Utai blade departed from a swift attenuated movement of my wrist, and gathered the attention of both thugs as it landed on an aggregation of wires. The lights gave its last flicker to reveal the absence of my entire person. Only a low flutter carried by the wind marked my faint presence.

The conflict between the Cathar and the black man had been distracted but not interupted. My actions had even leveled the odds. I could now appreciate the conclusion from a vantage point. The actors of my theater would be soon show a laughable contest to contemplate while they try to fight in the darkness their eyes try to adapt to.

As Durose moved to attack the area went dark. Given this advantage, Durose was able to slam the drunk's wrist with the blunt end of his blade while avoiding any pistol shots.

All onlookers heard was a blast, but what Durose saw was a stray shot as the pistol rolled across the alley floor. Following up his first blow with another, Durose give the man a sharp whip to the head, once again with the vibroblade's blunt side.

Checking the man's pulse to make sure he was still alive and breathing, Durose spoke to the Pau'an, "We can do this the easy way or we can do this the hard way. I'm sure you realize what I'm capable of. I want you working for me. I'll take good care of you. I don't want to turn you into your government. But I don't like wasting my trip. I can alert my contacts that you are here. With the price on your head, you will have every bounty hunter in the core worlds after you within the hour. Or you can come with me. The choice is yours."

The man had a pulse so Durose lifted him up and put him over his shoulder.

Then Durose continued with his ultimatum, "I'm taking this man back to the shuttle I came in. You can come with me or you can stay here. But you will be running for the rest of your life if you decide to stay... And don't get y, Pau'an. I did activate my comm. I have an associate listening in so if you do try to blindside me or kill me they will inform the bounty hunting circles for me. It's your future."

Having finished all he wanted to say, Durose headed towards his shuttle following the alleys and backroads so as to not create suspicion.

I count to three and grin.

Thinking of what had been.

I read the path ahead.

Upon this ledge of led.

Drawing breath like a debt.

I left my nest.

And much like a bullet I flew silently toward my target. Noiselessly advancing above the feline investigator, along the aqueduct. With soft slippers, seemingly silent as a snake, I progressed significantly.

I could feel his last words knocking upon the walls of my cerebrum, and breaking into a multitude of contrasting questions. The interrogations broke on my insecurity and left me with no choice but to proceed with my chase.

In a brief pause of exhalation from the cat-man, the flutter of a flag in a strong wind clinched in the damp air, for my wrappings rippled in the air as I flew down from the second storey plateau I was standing on, and in the half-light a red and black obscurity eclipsed the backalley. By landing on the predator, I dragged him on the floor to decrease the speed of my fall. Standing on top him, while the drunk man laid beside, I began my interrogation. First I placed myself over him immobilizing his arms and making sure the rock he was laying on was placed under his spine as I would put weight on it.

''Never threaten me again. You don't know what I'm capable of. '' I punctuated my first complete sentence with a well placed punch, two and a half inches left of his heart: Making his heart skip a few beats.

''I will not kill you. Not because of your theats, but because you can be useful to me. Be sure of one thing, there will never be any easy way with me. Only my way.'' My voice was fast and pungent sinking into his brain as I spoke the words a few inches from his muzzle.

With a hand on his throat, I waited for him to produce somekind of answer.[/i]

Suddenly, smile wriggled its way across the Cathar's face. Then, Durose began to laugh uncontrollably.

Stopping, he smiled at the Pau'an, "You're getting slow in your 'old age' there, Rainman. You always had to do things you're way, don't you? My ultimatum stands. This time we are doing things my way."

Durose stared silently at the figure.

After a few seconds of silence, Durose queried, "You don't remember me, do you?"

It was around this time the a groan was emitted from the nearby drunk.

Procs crawled to a sitting postion and looked around. If he was mistaken he was no longer at the same spot where he was which was to be accepted after he he had been blindsided. To think for the first time in who knew how long a sword had beaten a blaster.

Know he knew that a lightsaber had a chance if the person using it was skilled enough but a common vibrosword beat a blaster? w hat was the galaxy coming too?

"Ouch me head is killing me."

Procs refrained from running his head however instead he suddenly became intrested in the scene next to him which entailed a cat on the ground getting the life choked out of him or something to that effect. yet the oddest thing was the Cathar was laughing.

Procs wasn't sure what was going on and what he knew of the force wasn't giving him any clues either. He did however see a chance to arm himself once more. there gleaming as if it was discarded trash was the dirty hilt of a vibrosword.

Making a lunge he came up with it in hand and waved it about experimently. He was trained in multiple weapon useage and could naturally handle a sword just as well as he could hand a blaster if not better. Clipping it to his side he stumbled forward and leaned against the wall of the alley.

He was sorley regretting that he had left his blaster in the cantina but, one made do with what he had.

Man am I sorry I stumbled into this little scene.

"Allright how about one of you begin explain just what is going on to me or perhaps I should just start swinging this thing around and maybe even slice of a few things while I am at it."

Procs pointed the sword at the cathar and then back at the guy on top of him. Then figured he was better off pointing it the cathar after all he was the one who had blindsided him last time when the lights suddenly went out. What a lucky break that had been.

Durose wondered about what the Pau'an thought of his comment. He knew he would soon find out, until he heard some movement in the background.

The Pau'an's hand still around his neck, Durose nodded his head to the side, "Sorry to break up our beautiful conversation, but it looks like you forgot about someone." Durose sighed. "I grow tired of this. Will you two just calm down for a second and hear me out?"

Like a boa with its prey, my grip tightened around furry neck of the cat. My hands were long and pale but they could kill. They already did in the past.

''Fool! The events that took place on Bakura don't change the situation at hand.''

I felt like testing if Cathars had 9 lives, but I decided continue teasing death with pain.

''If you want any bit of help from me, you will have to take it the way it is offered.''

Even though he was now armed, I knew the drunkard would not do me any harm. He probably did not notice that I saved his arm a few minutes before, but he knew who was going to swing at him. That is why he just waited for me to release him. Meanwhile I starred straight into the feline's eyes.

I know he would not spit on what I offer.

Durose knew he could overpower the smaller alien. However, he wasn't in the mood. He had decided that he would let the Pau'an feel like he was in control. Now he had had enough.

"Pau'an. I have a device implanted in my leg. If my heart rate ceases, everything within a block radius will be leveled. It is active. Kill me. I dare you. Kill me. Otherwise, we walk to my shuttle and return to the Link. I'm done talking."

Durose d having things around his neck. However, he had decided to give himself a little time. He was hoping he had stalled enough. He was right.

Footsteps were heard around the corner as three Link mercs rounded the corner, blasters hot. Durose was quite upset about them taking their time. He had activated his comm quite a while earlier. They should have known he was wanting backup. It wasn't like tracking his location was a problem. They were just being lazy. At this point he would have liked to kill them, but at least they did actually show up. Regardless, Durose didn't like talking, much less talking his way out of things.

"Everybody freeze!" The mercs yelled pointed their guns at the figures.

I froze.

I froze my cold grip around his neck. I looked at him and showed him my disapproval. The three new arrivals were thugs, criminals with guns, nothing honorable.

''You have fallen low, working with small-time delinquent.''

I released my prey.

''At least in the days, you had a sense of honor.''

I raised my hands in the air, and I rose to my full length. Placed my hood back on my head, as the thugs kindly reminded me to freeze. I went to my knees, placing my hands in a knot behind my head. There was nothing more to do.

Durose looked spitfully at the Pau'an after his comments.

"I could say the same of you. Not many people would consider attacking an unarmed person with his hands full, honorable. Maybe you, but not someone who values honor. I just returned one dishonorable act with 'another.'"

With a dangerous situation narrowly evaded, Durose glared at the group captain.

"Where were you guys?! It doesn't take that long to render some assistance!"

"Sorry, sir. We had assumed you could handle yourself."

"Yeah, if it was just the Pau'an. Not two on one!"

"Sir, had I know soone..."

Durose sighed, "Ok. Don't explain. Let's just get these guys back to the shuttle. Toss me the cuffs."

Now having the cuffs in hand Durose quickly cuffed the Pau'an and then turned to the man.

"We can do this the hard way or the easy way. It is four on one. I promise I won't hurt you, but to make sure it is mutual I will need to cuff you. That or my guys open fire."

Procs was suprised by this nasty turn of events yet he let little of it show on his face.

Cuff me what the hell did I do to get arrested?

Procs suddenly let his cheeks grow full and with a giant upheave vommitted toward the nearest merc who had just shown up.

As the man's distraction became on the flying mess aimed at his face Procs dropped into a crouch and sprang from his postion vibrosword in hand. Immediatly the mercs began to track his movemnets but they were too late. With a mighty thrust Procs threw the vibroblade at one merc catching him in the gut and impaling him. while it didn't kill him instantly procs figured the man woudl die a very painful death should medical attention be denied him.

A few blaster bolts slammed into his back but it only propeled him faster toward his goal as the bounced of leaving Procs with very little damage Procs Dove toward the merc he had vommited toward and came up behind the man inunder a second he had taken the man's blaster pistol grabbed the man in a choke hold and pressed the blaster against the man's temple.

The merc with the vibroblade in his gut suddenly cried out as shock began to overtake his body due to the suddenl blody loss and drastic internal bleeding as well as internal organ damage.

"All right I get tired of these things. First I can't get a straight answer from anybody then more of you show up!"

Procs suddenly pointed the blaster at the last of the new mercs. something about the way the guy was standing was funny. Suddenly his vision swarmed he he blinked back a few tears. In thet instant the third merc removed his own blaster. however before the man could fire Procs deliver two quick shots in succession one to the man's neck and head.

Shaking his own head he repostioned the blaster at the man's temple.

"Now then I would like some ans..."

As sudden as his display had been it quickly ended with a combination of drink and action taking it's toll upon him.

Fudgecakes

With his vision dimming he brought his arm up and slammed the butt of the gun onto his hostage knocking him out cold. Then with a loud thump he too slumped to the ground in a drunken stupor.

In the comotion occasioned by the brawl, I waited for Roshan to give his attention to the human to make my move. The turbulant noise clinging all around would give me the oportunity to take my leave. Keeping my eyes on the fight, I swiftly walked toward the nearest perpendicular street, and then made a few turns, carefully hiding my cuffs under my robes. The cuffs were not of the sophiticated kind. I had in fact used them before on the moon of iktotchi. After a few minutes I stopped in front of a pile of junk. It did not take me long to find a short metalic wire. I inserted it into the locks of the electro-mechanical cuffs. Having joined the two locks, I then moved my hands around in small puddle of oily-water. At first I wondered if my ruse would work with this version of cuffs, but the mild electrical discharge that went through my body at the moment when I was able to ground their power reassured me. The liberation of energy was far from agreable but freedom felt as good as always.

I hid the cuffs among the pile of junk, and went on my way, but my way was now a way out of the system.

((Proc...blasters hot. Blasters DRAWN! They were aiming at you! "That or my guys open fire." How the @$ did no one shot at you?! They would have all been firing at you the second you spit. Stunning you, of course. But there in no way that you took out three guards without a single one firing at you. And what about me? Wouldn't I have attacked you from behind when you plunged the blade into the first merc?

And Rayns, since I, for some reason, didn't leave to help the mercs I would have been still standing over you. You were against the ground. Hand cuffs would be in the normal 'behind the back' set up. I didn't bring you to your feet. You would have to raise to your feet with me over your body and with your hands behind your back. Then somehow outrun me, even though I'm not doing a single thing to stop proc... I'm guessing that means I would be more interested in keeping you where you were.

But somehow beyond all odds, Proc kills THREE ARMED MERCS without a scratch and Rayns gets up from beside Durose and runs down the streets, with Durose making no attempt to follow, and is able to have the time to unlocked the cuffs behind his back... and I still don't make any attempt to chase...this is unique...))

Durose was dumbfounded. He was so dumbfounded he didn't even care when the Pau'an got up right in front of him and ran off. He had grown tired of the Pau'an's attitude. He was trying to help him. He knew at least five bounty hunters that had already tracked him here. That was fine. Durose would hold to his part of the deal. He still had his honor. Rainman had made his decision. The rest of the bounty hunters in the core worlds would know where he was.

Putting Proc on his shoulders once again, Durose commed his shuttle.

"Prep the engines. It's only going to be me and some drunk dude I found. I should be there soon."

"Sir, did the other men reach you in time?"

"Sort of. But I don't know why you sent me some rookies. They aren't coming back with us."

"Oh...I...I'll prep the engines, then."

"Good. I should be there in under 3 minutes."

((OOC: Okay, from now on when there's an important thing like this that bogs down the whole RP, remember that I have no objection to you posting my actions.))

Ronin nodded, "Done and Done. To Artus!"

He turned around and led the way back to his ship, having left it when a durasteel shelled brain and now returning with a living WMD and his arsenal to be put into the cargo hold. It was a good day, and a good investment.

Piccolo was forced to climb into the cargo hold with his weapons, given that the passenger portion of Ronin's ship didn't exactly do well for the towering mechanical man, whose body was still rather difficult to control. The fact of the matter was that while surely Piccolo could manuever inside the ship, he'd rather the interior wasn't banged up.

Ronin's ship raised out of the hidden facility, leaving out of the false warehouse he had entered from, and taking off into space...

FinalRONIN.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anticipation.

This was the moment Andon Colos had been waiting for all of his life, even when he was unaware of what his heart desired he was sure that this was something he could not do without. Today he and Jaina would wed in holy matrimony as man and wife. Finally, after so many years lost and events left as mere memories, they would at last be able to start their lives together.

Their day had started at mid-morning, the simple weariness of traveling taxing their bodies in such a way they had to forego their plans of waking up to watch the sun rise. The bliss of such a moment was not lost though, for Andon and Jaina experienced the delight of falling asleep in one another's arms and having the first sight to fill their bright-eyes be that of the other's smiling face. For a few minutes they just lay in bed together, their bodies inches apart as the two just enjoyed the quiet peace of being in the other's presence; their smiles turning into kisses as their lips pressed together one last time before they went separate ways to finish the errands that were left undone. This time tomorrow, they would wake up together as husband and wife.

Andon Colos smiled at the thought.

He dressed in a worn button-down blue shirt, black pants, his boots and his black trenchcoat as he went about his business; foregoing the obvious weapon belt and cloak to conceal his true identity. During he and Talon's duel, his friend had managed to shear the ends of some of his hair cleanly off with a blade stroke... giving him a slightly uneven cut, so naturally the first stop of the day was to right that misfortune. It was a small family owned shop, and the Jedi Master felt at ease there as he made conversation with the elderly gentlemen that was cutting his hair.

Abandoning the shoulder-length locks that he had been known for Colos chose a more refined hairstyle, with the area that would be classified as his bangs now falling just a few centimeters short of his eyebrows and the hair on the side and back of his head remaining slightly longer than that. The Jedi even indulged in having his newly grown beard shaved off with an old-fashioned razor, leaving only small neatly trimmed sideburns on an otherwise now clean-shaven face. During the conversation the barber had made mention of his speeder giving him problems and how he wasn't looking forward to shelling out an immense amount of credits that would no doubt be required to fix it.

Glancing at his watch, Andon figured he was still doing good on time and decided that he'd give the speeder a look and see if there was anything he could do. While fiddling around with the engine and stabilizer mechanisms, the barber asked if there was a special occasion Andon was preparing for and so the Jedi Master told the man that he was getting married later this afternoon. After give his congratulations, the man inquired if they were going anywhere special for a honeymoon and Colos responded he wasn't too sure, their transportation situation was a little on known at the moment. Somewhere along the line, the nature of Andon Colos must have caused the barber to take a liking to him as a grandfather would for a grandson because in the last thing the renegade expected the man mentioned that his son-in-law was selling a used Baudo-class star yacht.

He said that it was still in excellent working condition and that if Andon wanted, he could put in a good word and let him have it for a real good price. With the tinkering on the speeder finished and the problem fixed, Colos said he was definitely interested and would be by later to discuss the merits of the purchase with the son-in-law. And so with his first errand accomplished, the rogue moved on to the next one... proud that he had managed to arrange a more spacious mode of transportation for he and his bride. As he entered a formal wear store to pick up an outfit, a comm beep interrupted his train of thought and he answered the message from V-4D3.

On their way to the hotel earlier in the week, Andon and Jaina had made a visit to a small shop to pick up some medical supplies to treat the Jedi Master's wounds. In the corner of the supply store an old protocol droid was standing there deactivated, the sight catching Jaina's fancy as she stared at it for the longest time”¦ the old droid must have reminded her somewhat of a similar protocol droid that had been in her house during the earlier portion of her childhood. A deal was struck with the owner of the shop, and the two purchased the used droid as their own; V-4D3's chipper voice thanking Andon and Jaina and letting them know he was fluent in over six million forms of communication once they activated him.

It turned out Jaina had sent Vee off in search of a ring for Andon after she gave him very specific details about the nature of the type of ring she wanted for him and the droid just wanted to check in and make sure she had given him the right ring size. He chuckled lightly to himself as he broke the transmission and continued browsing through the various racks of clothes until he found something that caught his eye.

Now it was only a little while away from sunset, the entire day had passed almost as a blur to him. After finding an outfit and reserving a place for the wedding and the appropriate holy man, Colos had returned to the barbershop to discuss the purchase of the Baudo-class star yacht with the barber's son-in-law. After a few minutes of conversation, a modest price was settled on and Colos transferred funds from a small account he had set up anonymously to the son-in-law's account. The ship was now his and later on he and Jaina would christen the ship with a proper name.

The place he had reserved was a small garden overlooking a man-made lake, but its beauty was one to not be overlooked as the air was laced with the fragrance of differing flowers of all variety and color. The still waters brought about a feeling of serenity and the planet's wildlife flying through the air and gently wading along the surface of the water only added to that effect.

The Jedi was clad in a white button-down shirt with the first two and last button un-done and his collar neatly in place. He left the shirt untucked to better conceal the lightsaber hilt strapped horizontally across the belt that adorned his black dress pants. His matching dress shoes and the black formal jacket he left open completed the look as he stood there full of anticipation, the soft key strokes of the piano the preacher's wife was playing causing him to turn his head in the direction that Jaina would be coming from. The soft whistle of his astromech droid, Beeps, accompanied the light piano play as the small droid stood off to Andon's side.

The flower girl was the first to appear around the corner. While Jaina had been trying on dresses and seeing how they looked in the full length mirror, the little girl had been in the dress shop looking at his wife to be as if she were a fairy-tale princess. She had smiled at Jaina as if she had come right out of a storybook and so with receiving permission from the girl's mother, she had asked her if she wanted to be a part of their wedding.

And then he saw Jaina round the corner and suddenly the Jedi Master forgot how to breathe and had to re-teach his mind that inhaling and exhaling was necessary to live. Vee appeared beside her dressed in the dull grey of his metal body, Jaina's arm looping through his as the pair walked down the aisle. The closer she got to Andon, the more he felt his knees begin to buckle underneath the strain of his own weight... each footfall of hers made his heart pound that much harder until she was finally standing before him. The preacher started the ceremony, but Colos found it difficult to break his stare away from hers and glance at the man as he spoke... the hazel-gray eyes of Andon had been entrapped by the auburn-green depths of Jaina's gaze. Between glances at the preacher, all they could manage was to smile back and forth at one another.

The ceremony continued on until it finally reached the part where the two were to exchange vows, the man motioning for Jaina to go ahead and be the first to say them. So Andon took his wife to be's hands in his and looked intently at her, holding his breath to hear what soft words she had to speak. Though he didn't need her to speak, if her only response would have been a smile and a whisper it would have been more then enough for her future husband...

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Sunlight filled her eyes as Jaina awoke groggily. For a split instant in time, she had no recollection of her location or the means by which she arrived there. Lying in the midst of the soft sheets next to her lay some sort of god, so near to her it made her fingers unsteady. His chiseled features were perfect, ruggedly handsome in their delicate firmness. His eyes flashed a steady hazel-grey, his mouth turning upwards in a smile as he looked towards her and moved his hand to touch her face. As her eyes grew accustomed to the increased lighting, the god's face became more and more familiar.

Andon smiled. ”œGood morning, Angel.”

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

At the touch of her lips, his skin felt as if it surged with electric delight as the Jedi pressed Jaina Jade against the wall and positioned his body along hers. Waves of love and passion resonated from her body like the endless energy of happiness that the depths of her soul contained; in this moment Andon Colos was actually able to taste her beauty. The renegade hovered on that thought, his mind barely able to focus on the clarity with which he felt her purity when the proximity of her soft warmth was so near”¦ so close”¦ and only his to know. The fact was he could only feel her”¦ the constant shift of his presence between that of his own aura and John Skywalker was faint; the constant contact of their thoughts and emotions could only be felt when Colos concentrated on his brother and willed their connection's life.

Passion separated for the moment as the break in he and Jai's contact caused the rogue to exhale heavily through his mouth, her head resting against the rise and fall of his chest as both tried to find some kind of composure. Andon was still reeling at the thought of his newfound observation”¦ the discovery of being overcome by a new set of emotions sparking his intrigue; the aroma of the sensations he could now detect far easier then before tasting like home. Jaina”¦ it was Jaina's emotions that he was roaming without effort. The love of his life's soul had just become one with his.

He smiled a smile more brilliant than starlight.

The renegade leaned back into her, the caress of his mouth finding a home in the supple skin of her neck as he explored each area with the range of his kiss. Jaina Jade let out a soft exhale as she dug her fingers into his shoulder and her figure shivered lightly from the wandering of his lips before she reluctantly whispered for him to continue his adventure later. He kissed her once more before Colos allowed his hands to fall from her delicateness, her light wink leaving a trace whisper in the air before she disappeared around the corner. The Jedi stood there near dumbfounded for a moment, comparing the echo of the thought she left and the sheer shock that she had actually told him no.

Coasting across the room, an article of clothing landed squarely on his head and covered his face, the rogue slowly pulling down the button-up shirt she was wearing moments before from his eyes”¦ deeply inhaling the fragrance of Jaina that had completely engulfed the fabric. He let the shirt linger by his mouth and nose, just slowly breathing her scent in and out until his ears picked up the sound of the only giggle that could make his blood flow like crimson fire. Slyly she poked her head around the corner, her shoulders and the arm lying playfully against the wall the only aspects of her bare body not hidden from his sight. Enticingly she bit her bottom lip and traced small circles along the wall with her idle fingers, the corners of Andon's mouth turning upward into a sauntering smirk as a provocative growl escaped his lips and hazel-grey eyes burned with want.

A playful shriek emanated from his lover as he gave chase and she darted towards the refresher room, her unabashed figure only managing to close the door halfway before Andon slipped in through the opening with an almost god-like speed. As she leapt up into his strong awaiting arms, the back of Andon Colos slowly clicked the door shut as he leaned his weight against it and the giggles of Jaina Jade Skywalker turned into something that could only be described as a serenade to her betrothed”¦

And now as she stood before him, reciting the vows that he had been waiting so long to hear, Andon loved every syllable that she spoke. Her voice so soft”¦ so beautiful”¦ just the very sound of it was enough to make the galaxy stop rotating, and to him leave only Jaina Jade standing before him.

”œThere have been so many obstacles in our way, so many things to be overcome, so many ruined chances and stolen moments that we have yet to make up for,”

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

As his words echoed in her ears, Jaina's soft smile threatened to fade; the waves of passion rolling from the depths of his soul overcoming her. Her grip tightened on her lover's hand, his unyielding gaze causing her both to smile and blush. With all that lay within her, she simply wanted to throw herself into his arms: the promise of strength, the loving embrace, and the gentle caresses his hands promised beckoned to her fiercely. With every passing second, she got more and more lost in that pair of tear-filled hazel eyes that threatened to destroy her carefully orchestrated composure.

A sharp voice called her from her reverie, and she was torn from the maze of emotion in her lover's eyes. They were calling for the rings.

Turning to the small girl smiling shyly behind her, Jaina knelt, winking at the girl as she produced Andon's ring from the small white purse attached to her wrist. The metal was cold to her touch, and Jaina rolled it around lightly in her fingers before standing. As she rejoined Andon's gaze, she took his hand gently in hers.

”œThe ring finger on the left hand is unique among all the rest: it is the only one connected by lines directly to the heart. In this way, take this ring, a circle, representing ceaselessness, as a promise to your heart.”

53bzzl2.png

It must have been the way she looked, for Andon Colos couldn't be any happier in this moment with his wife-to-be if he tried.

Her touch revealed so much, her delicate fingers gripping his hand tighter as the anticipation of the moment caused her to feel only the need to be near him”¦ to be with him”¦ to be his. With a gentle firmness he squeezed back, his gaze unfaltering as the Jedi Master saw only the pair of soft auburn-green eyes that were looking back at him; her thoughts tip-toeing energy, fury and passion as he saw into her heart with ease. The renegade gasped in subtle ecstasy at what her wants revealed and in return his entire being echoed outward with longing to draw her near and lift his wife up into his arms”¦ to take her places and show her things she'd never seen”¦ to lay with her and to share with Jaina things she had never experienced.

He wanted to give her his entire life, and the fact that before night's end she would have all that he wished to give brought a sense of serenity to the Jedi of Naboo.

Breaking their contact, she turned to face the little girl from the dress shop standing behind her as Jai knelt down to retrieve the ring she had for Andon. Sheepishly he smiled, the inner scoundrel within taking the opportunity to look Jaina up and down before she turned back to face him”¦ his playful eyes returning back to their state of endless compassion as the ceremony continued. The sensation of her lips against his ear blended perfectly with the caress of the veil that fell across her eyes brushing against his cheek”¦ the delicate ringlets of her soft brandy brown curls tickling his nose as Andon inhaled her scent deeply.

And as she placed the ring on his finger and whispered, the skin of the nape of Colos' neck tingled with delight as a shiver made its way down the length of his spine and then back up to the base of his neck. With her hand atop his, Andon smiled as he gently ran his thumb across the base of his digit where skin met the polished gold band that now adorned his left ring finger.

His smile widened with the recognition of the warmth of Jaina's body radiating against him.

She still stood on her tip-toes to retain her nearness to him, the Jedi craning his neck forward as he lowered his face down near the nape of her neck; the exhale of his warm breath cascading across her shoulder as his mouth hovered mere millimeters above the bare skin exposed by Jai's strapless satin wedding gown. A slender hand gripped his right bicep as Andon returned the action as his touch rested along her right side”¦ the finger twinge of his free hand motioning for the astromech droid behind him. The R7 whirred with quiet delight as the little droid rolled forward and extended its utility arm outward, placing the ring for Jaina in the palm of his awaiting right hand. Rolling back slightly, the droid resumed its job of recording the entire wedding procession as Andon gained the strength to speak.

”œThe ring finger on the left hand is unique among all the rest”¦”

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

He was so alive.

As they thanked and dismissed their makeshift wedding party, Jaina and Andon held onto little looks and glances with the promise of how fully they were to share their love when the sun went down on Corellia. It was a quiet ride home, Vee piloting the speeder as the newlyweds embraced in the backseat. Andon was wedged in the corner; Jaina's back leaning up against him as her head tilted up to gaze at him. She trembled at her lover's continual nearness, the sweet nothings his voice mumbled in her ears entrancing her. His left arm encircled her waist, his fingers drawing small circles on her stomach with her hand resting atop his. Her fingers idly twisted the ring around the base of his finger, love-drunk giggles echoing in the small area.

”œI have a present for you,”

53bzzl2.png

With rings exchanged and the words that went with them, the holy man merely posed the last ceremonial question in which he asked if they could cherish, love, honor and obey each other for the rest of their lives”¦ in sickness and in health, till death do they part. With unwavering eyes Jaina vowed ”œI do”

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png