The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Hou-Jo lowered his hood, their was water dripping down his face, despite the cloth that covered his head from the rain. "Andon, last I checked, Hale is on Manaan," Hou-Jo replied with a sense of sarcasm. Hou-Jo slowed his pace and motioned his head forward for Andon to keep his pace. Hou-Jo, however, slowed Leo's pace as well. Once Andon was in front, Hou-Jo resumed his normal pace again. Due to this sudden change, twice by the way, of pace, Hou-Jo gained some distance from Leo. Hou-Jo reached into his robe and grabbed his lightsaber, unknowst to Leo.

"Forgive me for testing your reactions. Personal curiosity, and of course, just to double check, this not from doubt."

Hou-Jo pulled the lightsaber out and the yellow blade emerged from his hilt with a SNAP-HISS and the tip of the blade was a comfortable distance from any one part of Leo's body. Hou-Jo was still looking foward, his arm was behind him.

Hou-Jo waited to see how Leo would react...

Sarcasm...a tone Andon knew all too well, and with merely a shake of his head he continued onward. The Jedi Knight in front of him signaled with a forward motion of his head to take lead and the Padawan did as he was told...though it was a bit peculiar. Suddenly he knew why, sensing the tension rise behind him he turned around to see Hou-Jo drawing his saber and pointing his blade at Leo. The apprentice stopped dead in his tracks, he knew even if Leo raised his saber to defend himself he would be thrown out of Manaan and forever banished from stepping foot in any Jedi installment.

"Master Poleb...I'm disappointed," he said as his hand grazed the saber hidden beneath his cloak.

Leo couldn't defend himself, but if needed Andon would defend him.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Hou-Jo sent a Force message to Andon, blocking his thoughts from Leo, "This is merely an exercise. If he does nothing to attack me, he will be allowed to stay unless the Council would not have him. If he does attack, he will be brought before the Council immediately."

Hou-Jo turned his head back to wait for what Leo would do.

"I see Master Poleb."

Understanding the situation, Andon continued burning a hole into Hou-Jo with his eyes as the Knight held his blade before Leo; the two acting as if no communication between them took place. Further adding to the scenario a devilish smirk formed on the Padawan's face as he fully grasped the lightsaber hilt at his side. He had faith Leo would know what to do.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Leo watches as if in slow motion as the yellow flame dances into existence. As Hou-jo brings it in front of him, he sees Hou-Jos logic. But not fully. This was a pointless exercise and he wouldrelate that. He spreads his arms out in peace.

"Master Jedi. I know your intentions are well. I know my past of the Sith worries you about the secrecy of your base. I have no wish to harm any of the students here. I am a peaceful man. I only fight if it is the last resort. And I see no reason why you need to make this look like an attempton my part to fight you."

Leo folds his hands into his robe and clasps them together. He begins the walk again and when he reaches Andon he turns around.

"And never insult Master Stevenson again, or it will be your head."

Leo turns to Andon and says.

"You may comewith me my friend, or you may follow the Jedi and return to your master. Whichever path you choose, will be a wisely chosen one."

asdfgcopy.jpg

Hou-Jo grinned. His lightsaber's blade retracted into the hilt. "Good, you will be fine here. Before you leave though, I want to ask you some questions regarding the Sith. The matter was brought to the Council by Kirlocca, and since you are a former Sith it seems, I want to ask you one thing. What do you know about Mimban?"

Hololesson_sm.jpg

Kyp Durron sat in his training room, studying the Holocron's history of Darth Vader's Jedi purge. The one who was to bring Balance to the Force... Little did they know what kind of "balance" was in store for the Jedi. So many Jedi lost in the purge... We've come so far since then. And yet, at every turn, the Empire threatens to wipe us out. Something needs to be done. Kyp touched the force-sensitive crystal panel on the side of the Holocron, switching it off and returning it to it's stand on the black marble desk.

"Come on, R2. It's time for us to go."

R2-E6 chortled an inquisitive string of beeps, and then followed Kyp out of the room. Kyp locked the door to his training room, so that the study materials kept within wouldn't fall into the all-too-eager hands of any apprentices who wanted a quick route to power. Then he walked down the halls to the hanger bay, the astromech droid following along attentively. As they came to the Redemption, Kyp stopped for a moment.

"R2, run the pre-flight diagnostics and fire up the converters. Prep the ship for takeoff, and plot a course for Ossus. I need to go find Xae."

The little droid whistled an affirmative and set to the task. As the sublight converters started up with a whine, Kyp Durron left the hangar bay to look for Xae. Hopefully, she would understand...

Leo ponders the queastion by this man. This man seemed to be full of questions and tests. He wondereid if he was a puzzle maker.

"Before I answer you. I would like some time alone with my wife. I know you Jedi do not condone such acts as marriage and children, but the true nature of the Force tells me, what is right and wrong. And the Force has told me marriage is perfectly fine. But do not fret for your precious ideals. I will not try to convert any of your ranks to my way of thinking."

Leo turns to walk but then asks.

"I would like to see the head of your order for the answer to that question. That is important information. I can not just give it to anyone."

Leo smiles and begins walking using the Force to find his wife. he had not been with her in al ong time. He felt he should reanew his job as a husband. He also wanted that Jedi to learn his place in the galaxy. He was not a Force-user, he was supposedto be used by the Force. The Jedi and the sith preached herecy against the Force. They did not know the true path. but in time they would come to know.

asdfgcopy.jpg

((I'm not tall... 5"2, actually))

"Here?" Tiana paused for a moment, seeing that Xae had a simular personality to her... coming up with the exact same questions she herself would've. "If you mean Manaan, I've been here as long as everyone else, a couple days at the most. If you mean here, as coming to the Jedi, I arrived on Hoth..." Tiana stopped. She didn't know how long ago it had been, not that long. "A week, maybe a bit longer. I wasn't keeping track of the time. You're from Damathor? That's interesting... an Outer Rim planet, isn't it?"

Tiana nodded slightly. "So you're staying on a ship... meaning that you don't intend to stay here long. Who's your master, then?"

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

BC motioned to Toster as Hale finished.

Ah, Toster I have been awaiting you. Let me finish with Hale and you will have my complete attention.

BC faced towards Hale once more his robe snapped as he turned.

A strike back would be good. The Sith have gone too far this time. Assmeble your team and bring them before me. I may accompany you.

Turning back to Toster BC nodded his head.

Yes, DJK has spoken of you before. We will give you a test since your master is not here to do so himself.

ALL COUNCIL MEMBERS AVAILABLE COME TO THE COUNCIL CHAMBER!

Edited by Guest

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

((But you're still taller that me!))

"Yes, it's on the Outer-Rim...kind of out there. I've never been in this part of the galaxy before actually," Xae-Lin admitted.

"The Jedi have more than one temple? Or they've only been here that long?" Xae was confused, Kyp had been right, something was definately going on, she could almost sense it.

She looked about the area absently, "I don't really know what Kyp's plans are. He doesn't often tell me much other than what he thinks that I need to know at the time," She shrugged, seemingly not caring one way or another. "I was just officially assigned to him as a Padawan." She noticed the familiar figure in the black and purple cloak approaching from across the landing platform. "And here he comes now." She wasn't sure if the other newcomer would pick up on the casual usage of Kyp's given name, rather than refering to him by his title.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

(Erm.. how big is a washer?) (Is kolto still a main export in Manaan?)

Darsha gaped at him. "15 pieces? And I don't even know what's needed to make a lightsaber........."

Ryoo just smiled faintly back. "Then you'd better hurry. There will be a message on each of these, so you will know they are miine and not somebody else's "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 minutes later, Darsha was wandering through the corridors, muttering something to herself about catching a ship and hunting down HofT to get back her master's original saber.

With the force as an ally, they shouldn't be too difficult.

She thoughtfully stroked her hamster's head poking out of her pocket.

If you'd like to know, your master was the one who set the hopefuls the thing with the blindfold....

That was it. Darsha closed her eyes and concentrated on the force. Immediately, she could sense everything around her. "Wow," she gasped as she could see all the wiring behind the walls of the entire building. Too much though..........there were over 100 items which could be used to make a lightsaber.

Then she remembered seeing in the library with Scorp when he was made to reconstruct his training lightsaber by Keiran the following:

The core list of items required to construct a Lightsaber is as follows.

} A Power Cell

} A Handle

} An Activation Switch

} A Safety

} A Belt Ring (Optional)

} An Emitter Matrix

} A Recharge Socket

} A Lens Assembly

} A Focusing Crystal

} A Power Conduit

Core list. Add five more, and they hould be:

Cell recognition, to alert the owner that the lightsaber is in the grip of an unauthorized person,

Pressure grip, to automatically deactivate when the pressure of holding it is decreased, especially in times of emergency.

Blade phase control switch, to vary the length of the blade,

Waterproof casing, to protect the power cells from water damge,

and,

a modificatons kit for secondary usage.

There, fifteen.

(http://www.rpgoracle.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=58)(See, I even acknowledged the source.)

She was sturuck with a bright idea and she raced down to the mechanics'.

"Do you have any power cells that can be used in a lightsaber?" she panted at the mechanic.

"No idea," the mechanic grunted.

She saw a man in Jedi robes walk to a box. When he had gone, she hurried over and peered into tthe box. True enough, they were power cells. She rummaged through them, but to her disappointment they were all the same, no markings by Ryoo. Then she had another brainwave. She focused on the cell, seeing its Force image. Then, she reached out to the building and searched for a similar imprint.

There! Third level, dear me, in the MALE TOILET???

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darsha could be seen emerging pink-faced from the male toilet some 15 minutes later. THank goodness it had been empty. She stared down at the power cell, which had a piece of paper with well done scrawled on it in pink attached.

She then concentrated on the piece of paper, taking in its force imprint, and then concentrating on its force imprint for similar ones. And one was stuck under the table in the dining hall. Grinning from ear to ear, she made her way there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darsha sipped Muja juice happily as she sauntered over to the table. SHe happily plucked the belt ring from where it had been taped to the underside.

Tow down, Thirteen more to go!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lens lens..... now where would be a good place to hide lens?

The belt ring and power cell were the only two with the paper and well done in pink. She wondered whether how the 'recognition' signal would be like this time.

She stared at the vast ocean and sunlight glinted from the roof. Now she was back to square one, with no idea how to proceed.

She walked past two men in animated conversation.

"This place is really safe, you know. Has a cloaking device, and the roof doesn't reflect light at all, making it black even when they've shone some beacon on it............"

Darsha stopped dead in her tracks. How did sunlight glint on the roof?

She ran back to the window and looked out. Yes. sunlight was still glinting on the roof. She grinned.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gathering the force in, Darsha leapt onto the roof top. There was the lens, propped upright between to pebbes. 'Well, was written on one. and 'done' on the other.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Tiana shrugged. "I'm not sure if the Temple here has been here long, or not. But there was an attack by the Empire on Hoth, so we came here. If you wanted details, I'm afraid I don't recall much though, Xae."

She smiled. "So you are a Padawan then... I thought as much. To... Kyp." She stopped, the name being unfamiliar to her, and the fact that Xae was using his name, and not title... that was different. Tiana had gotten used to the titles, so it caught her slightly off-guard to hear someone not using a title. "Then you've been with him longer, though," she commented, as usual, reading between the lines. Growing up with two brothers, one learned to think fast, and such.

She glanced over as Xae pointed out Kyp coming over there. "Ahh. Then you probably aren't staying long. However, it was nice meeting you, Xae-Lin." Tiana smiled. "It's nice to talk with someone close to my height."

((Hmm... that's odd then... I'm used to looking up to everyone... my RL master is WAY taller than I am))

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

"I've been traveling with Kyp for about five years now, but in the Unknown Regions," She smiled at the other woman. "It was nice meeting you too, I understand about the height thing...Kyp's a good foot taller than I am!" She laughed as the Jedi they were discussing drew closer.

"Miss me that much Kyp?" She teased, unaware that her behavior towards her master was in no way the norm.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Kyp Durron walked up to the two women, the black and purple jedi cloak flowing behind him like a living thing. He bowed as he came to the two, in a gesture of greeting. He looked at the taller of the two with an inquisitive look on his face.

"Greetings... we haven't met yet. My name is Kyp Durron."

Kyp turned to face Xae.

"Xae, I have R2 prepping the Redemption for takeoff. I found reference in my Holocron to something that may help both the Jedi and the Rebellion. Hou-Jo mentioned Jedi Battle Meditation... it's a lost Jedi ability. That is to say, it's not used by many Jedi. The last reference I could find to it being used was by Nomi Sunrider some 4000 or more years ago. There was a rumor of it being used as recently as the Jedi Purge, but that's un-substantiated. In any case, there's an artifact called the Kyberr Crystal that may still be in the ruins of the old Jedi Temple on Ossus... I need to consult with Hou-Jo before we leave, but if we find this crystal, it could tip the scales on our favor."

"Sounds like fun," Xae said to Kyp before bowing to Tiana. "Well it was very nice talking to you, and may our paths cross again!"

She gave a nod to Kyp and asked, "Shall I go wait on the ship then or do you want me to go with you?"

psvBwny.jpg

Xae decided to follow Kyp to perhaps learn what she could from observing her master. "So if we get the approval of the council we get to go looking for this special stone?" There was still a lot about the Jedi that she didn't yet fully grasp, but she also knew that that knowledge would yet come in time.

psvBwny.jpg

It was an old ship, one not commonly seen in these dark days. The V-19 Torrent starfighter had been introduced during the Clone Wars, and was an assault fighter with exceptional speed and maneuverability - it would suit the needs of Hale Akturus quite well. With a smile, the Jedi Knight reaches within his cloak and produces a small black device. Akturus presses a button on the side of the device, and the assault fighter's canopy slides open; Akturus climbs in. Reaching out with the Force, Akturus establishes a mental connection with his apprentice, Andon Colos. Akturus doesn't attempt to speak through the Force, but rather the Jedi Knight sends vivid images of the hangar to his apprentice.

OOC: A washer is very small. It's close to the size of a ring. A washer is a small metal ring.

A deafening silence lingers in the hangar. Finally, it is cut short by R5-D9, who trundled down the ship's boarding ramp. The droid whistles a query.

"No, D9. Stay on the ship. If anyone gets lost, I'd rather it be me." Either way, Armiena wasn't sure if she wanted the droid to get involved. The only reason why the droid was there was that she wanted to be trained as a Jedi, darnit. She thinks for a couple of minutes, and decides to look for someone. She leaves her blaster on board in an effort to look as non-threatening as possible.

Geez, Armiena, they're Jedi. Nothing to be afraid of, she berates herself.

She spends a few minutes wandering the halls, which seem eerily empty. She only passes a mechanic on his way to the hangar, who ignores her.

Finally, she picks up the smell of food, and figures that a few people are always in a mess hall. She heads that direction, and sees.... that only a few mechanics are talking, apparently on break. It wasn't a mechanic she wanted to speak with, it was a Jedi.

Before she goes to sit down ang gather her thoughts, she sees a person (

a Jedi? she thinks) grab a ring-like object from under a table and leave.

drayyy.png

The Jedi Apprentice stood quietly as he pondered the question of his friend. He could travel with Leo and Mara doing random good across the galaxy, or he could stay with the Jedi and Master Akturus and complete his training. He stood for a long while, weighing his options in his mind and finally came to his conclusion: he was a Jedi. His choice was only further strengthened when his mind was flooded with images of a structure not far from here, a hangar to be more specific, adorned with many fighters and shuttles. He could sense the familiar presence of his Master there and with a smile on his face he began walking towards his new destination. He probably should have told Leo, but the fact that his Master hadn't forgotten about him made him eager to go great him. Along his walk there he saw many faces, some he recognized and some he didn't; the Jedi were recovering. For the first time in a long while a smile was on his face and while passing many of his bretheren he threw them a quick smile and a nod. After a few minutes of travel he found himself upon the hangar and while walking through it his eyes focused on an old Clone Wars fighter...more importantly on the Jedi sitting inside of the fighter.

"Aged...but yet still deadly. I like it Master."

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Ashley casually shoved her hands into her pockets and walked in out of the pouring rain, noting that Andon stayed to talk to whoever it was that had met them. Her eyes flicked around, taking in her new surroundings. Big place... no one's gonna mind if I wander around a bit, neh? Just better hope I don't get lost... Carefully paying attention to where she was going, Ashley wandered down one of the corridors.

ajslife2.png

[Jade Skywalkers FTW since August '03]

Hou-Jo rolled his eyes at Leo's statement, that he can't give the information Hou-Jo sought to just anyone.

Kyp, the Council appears to be assembling another meeting, I would go to the Council Chamber and request an audience, you still wish to speak with the Council.

Hou-Jo walked away and went to the Council Chamber. Once inside, Hou-Jo sat in his seat.

"Kyp, this meeting was arranged by Master Gantoris. I do not believe the meeting was made on your part, please exit and wait until the entire Council has arrived. Also, please be courtious next time and wait for permission to enter, if it is not to much to ask."

Kyp, the Council appears to be assembling another meeting, I would go to the Council Chamber and request an audience, you still wish to speak with the Council.

((OOC: I know the meeting wasn't called on my account... you're the one that told me I should come to the Council chamber should I wish to speak with the Council.))

"Very well... I shall excuse myself. My apprentice and I are leaving this planet. I wanted to address the council on the matter, but I'll go it alone instead. If we're successful, it will be of great help to the Jedi. Now if you'll excuse me, the Redemption is prepped and ready for departure."

Kyp bowed to Hou-Jo before he left the Council chamber.

"Come Xae... we'll work some more on your lightsaber techniques on the way to Ossus."

Edited by Guest

Xae-Lin wisely kept silent by Kyp's side through out the entire encounter with the council. She bowed deeply to the council, not really understanding what the entirety of the situation had been. Turning, she followed the Jedi Knight out of the chamber and to the ship.

Finally, she thought, something to learn other than just how to control my emotions. She smiled at Kyp as they made their way back to the ship. "So how far is it to this fun little world?", the young woman asked.

psvBwny.jpg

"It's in the Outer Rim territories..."Kyp responded, on the way to the hangar bay. "It will take two days in Hyperspace to reach... enough time to give you a primer in lightsaber techniques."

As they boarded the shuttle, Kyp had a nagging feeling in the back of his mind... but he shrugged it off, and he and Xae boarded the Redemption. A few seconds later, with a whine of the repulsorlifts, the Lambda-Class shuttle lifted off and floated out of the hangar bay. As it gained altitude, the wings folded down and locked in place. Breaking through the cloud canopy, and then the atmosphere aboe it, Kyp took another look at the planet below. it IS a beautiful planet... hopefully the Jedi will still be based here upon our return...

Kyp pulled the Hyperspace Actuation lever, and the starfield burst into starlines, and then the blue-white swirl of hyperspace as the Redemption Headed for open space.

Leo walks through the halls of the Jedi Base contemplating. His robes swirling behind him with every strep. To the less trained, he appeared exactly as they did, young, foolish and unknowledgable. But to the more trained in the Force, he was wise beyond his years. He had allowed the Force to consume him and his life, letting himself be a channel for the Force to act through. He did what he wanted to do, unless the Force called for something different.

"If that man was one of the best Jedi here, I understand why they keep getting attacked and loosing. He has no true understanding of the Force. I could feel more human actions there than Force. To test someone truly, you must only call upon the Force and look."

Leo continues his walk through the base looking at everything he saw, storing all the windows, doors and floor panels into his memory. At some point each of them may have and serve a purpose. He walks into a room full of good feelings in the Force.

"This must be where the Jedi meet to eat. Maybe I will find someone here worthy of the Forces true nature.But most of these minds have been tainted by the herecies the Jedi teach. No doubt, the Jedi are the peacekeepers and good guys in the galaxy. They did many good things such as law enforcement and protection. But against the Force, they did many terrible things. They classified themselves as good or evil. There is no good or evil side to the Force. Only man can be good or evil."

Leo decides to stop speaking and instead, act to try and find one worthy, if there was one. He opens his mind to the will of the Force. The Force begins to flow into him from all directions. He could feel the good emotions, the bad emotions, but all made up the Force. Good and bad, right and wrong, life and death. all of it encompassed within the Force. The Force begins to help him sift through the minds of hopefuls in the mess hall. The Corellian hopesto find one worthy.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Reaching out with the Force, Hale Akturus next establishes a mental connection with his other former master, Airleas Lianahan. Once again, the Jedi Knight doesn't attempt to speak through the Force, but rather Akturus sends vivid images of the hangar to his former master, hoping she would understand and arrive like Andon Colos just had. After a minute, Akturus turns to his apprentice.

"Old and deadly. That's how I feel."