The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Orsi was rather impressed by the Adepts show of Force. He did not know whether to be suprised or scared as the medical droid backpedaled and then ran off, muttering whatever it was that droids muttered to themselves.

Orsi felt a wrenching in his gut, heard whispers in his head telling him to go where his gut wanted him to go. He remembered his parent's first teaching to him Duty subdues instinct. He had already asked Norm to teach him more and would not abandon this request.

"I think you'd best respond to that call."

Orsi nodded, then bowed deeply to Norm Hasson in a way that seemed to be a final, sad farewell. "I hope to see you again, Mr. Hasson." Orsi turned before the Jedi teacher could respond, heading where the voice in his head directed him.

He had both hands on his daggers as he roamed the ship, amazed at how his new contact with the Force expanded his sences. He could distinctly feel both of his parents' presence within the crystals on his blades, feel them walk with him instead of crawl in his head. Still, more than anything he felt his own pain. It weighed on him like the weight of a planet, ate at him like a mynoch on a power cable.

He brushed his feelings aside, he would have to deal with it later. Later? When is later? Orsi heard his mother's voice from the silver crystal, Stop running from your pain... Orsi forced the voices out of his mind, taking his hands away from the daggers as he entered the room that Aryian was in.

"Hello?" Orsi said, waiting for a response before repeating Hello? in Huttesse, Zabraki, the Jawa dialect, and finaly messing up with a word in Shriiwook that ment "Shiny bug."

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Remember these principles my child

And you shall never be led astray.

Aryian calmly ignored the boy for the last few seconds he was finishing up skimming the information. Just like he thought, there was no information. His search here had been nearly fruitless. Except for one thing.

"I understand Basic quite well, Young master Moss. I am Aryian Darkfire, Jedi Master. Did you want something from me?"

Aryian looked up from what he was doing, realizing full well that the boy might have no clue as to what he was asking. He expected a flat no back from the boy, but was prepared in case he said something different. Orsi obviously knew that it was Aryian who had summoned him, yet Aryian asked him point blank if he wanted anything, a strange thing to do.

The purpose of the small test was to find out what the boy really wanted, and if he could read into people's intentions, for instance what Aryian was really asking was if Orsi wanted to be trained, but in a very subtle manner. Either way, it was a good first lesson for the future Jedi.

Aryian stood, looking and waiting for an answer.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Orsi stared at Aryian for a few seconds, the young man's blue eyes showing a hint of confusion. It took Orsi a few seconds to peice together what had happened. Finaly Orsi said, "Didn't you call me." It came out as a statement of fact and not a question. Orsi knew that Aryian had called him to the library.

Orsi's hands rested on his dagger hilts again, the voices of his parents bleeding back into his mind, warning him not to trust either Jedi or Sith. In another flash of insight the young Force user felt their connection coming from his blades and removed his hands from them, crossing his arms.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

"Ahh...that I did. But I can do nothing, Orsi, nothing at all for you unless you want it to happen. I can hear them nearly as well as you can, and they are only trying to protect their child like any good parent. But one thing you must realize: You are here by yourself, a descision you made by yourself, signifying the want and desire to take control of your own life, to decide what is best for you. That is simply what I am doing now, allowing you to make the escision that could alter your life, instead like some other Jedi, who simply take you and train you, not realizing it is a form of abduction. I am simply putting free choice into the equation, Orsi, now it is up to you to make use of it."

Aryian walked over towards him, stopping in front of him. The lad was a tad taller than he, but it had no effect on the power Aryian's presence conveyed. He stared him in the eye, a look of wisdom crossing his face.

"And again I ask you, Orsi Moss, did you want something from me?"

Blz1mwg.png

The red crystal on Orsi's left dagger pulsed brightly as Aryian came closer. Orsi's father spoke to him, urging Orsi away from the Force. Orsi closed his eyes and shut out his parent's voice. I need to choose. Orsi knew that this was possibly the most important decision he would make.

Orsi, slowly kneeled in front of Aryian. He was unsure of his future, but knew that this would give him a family that he lost so long ago. "I wish to be taught the ways of the Jedi, Master Aryian Darkfire."

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

"You realize that by making this choice, you are fully taking your life into your own hands. What I teach you, do not take my specific ideas and believe them blindly, instead, I emplore you to search yourself, test the ideas, and discover them to be true for yourself. That being said, I formally take you as my Padawan learner to be instructed in the ways of the Force."

Aryian moved forwards, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I assure you, what I am going to teach you will alter your life forever. You will be taught to defend yourself and others, be a protector and a peacekeeper. Throughout this training you must realize and understand that the Jedi do not hold themselves above other sentients who cannot use the force, instead we are as their servants, bringing strength to the weak and new life to those that are impoverished. Now follow me...we have much to discuss."

Aryian walked out the door to the small study room, making his way towards the front of the ship into a small meditation room. He did not bother to check if Orsi had actually followed him, for he knew the young man's 'instincts' would prove to be more than enough when it came to locating Aryian.

Blz1mwg.png

Orsi rose, to find his new master gone. Sith spit!

Orsi wandered out of the library and into the hall. He called for Aryian but found that his new master did not respond. Orsi frowned in dissapointment, wondering what kind of teacher would just leave a student on their first day. Orsi... this is a test Orsi heard his mothers voice and nodded, silently thanking her.

He first went into the main training area, he saw a few other hopefuls but no one else, so he decided to check the rest of the ship. After about three hours an exhausted Orsi walked into the same training room as Aryian.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Calmly, Aryian's mind reached out to him as he entered the meditation room, sensing him and connecting to him rather than break his meditation.

Come, sit...I will show you how to open your mind.

Aryian waited until Orsi did as instructed, then he gave him more instruction.

I can tell you have touched the Force before, now we will expand upon what you were shown. Empty your mind, Orsi...feel the ebb and flow of the Force, its comforting hands holding you, its wisdom guiding you...feel it, and through it connect to me. This is your first lesson.

Aryian's bodily form did not move at all through this, instead it looked as if the voice was separate from the body; which it was.

Blz1mwg.png

Sayn smiled and laid a hand on Dino's shoulder.

"Then I formally take you on as my apprentice, Padawan...err...what is your name again?"

Sayn Ta blushed again. The Gungan Jedi Knight didn't even give the young man a chance to introduce himself....every Master and Apprentice needed a proper greeting!

Sayn_Ta.jpg

Orsi tiredly sat in a chair, searching the ship had been a long a difficult process. He had already closed his eyes when Aryians voice told him to empty his mind. "Don't worry... it's empty."

Orsi strained to feel anything, he wanted to feel the flow of the Universe around him but when he opened himself all he felt was pain. He did not know if it were repressed torments that weighed upon his mind and soul or the torment of the universe, that is how great this pain was. Orsi felt that he was drowning... down... down... deeper into the Hell engulfing him until he felt his Master's presence, holding him from despair.

(Edited for spelling)

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

((Remember...longer posts are better posts, both for the detail of the plot and because they just look better. Strive to make your posts at least as long as mine.))

No, Orsi...you are wrong...your mind is filled with pain, confusion and guilt. You must let go of these feelings, forget the memories of the pain...loosen the bonds of fear and uncertainty, I am with you.

Aryian began slowly pushing his consciousness into Orsi's own, taking the youth's experiences as his own, bleeding away the pain and fear, lightening his burden. It had been a long time since the Master had dealt with such powerful emotions of the dark side, for he had conquered his own demons in a fashion. It was far easier for Aryian to deal with them than Orsi, though, which was why Aryian was doing this, helping Orsi to clear his mind, to feel the calm stillness of the force.

This is not the true, living force, Orsi...LET GO...

With that final thought, energy surged from Aryian, engulfing the young man, completely removing his pain into Aryian's body. His back arched, his face contorted into one of raw torture, yet he could bear it and was bearing it far better than Orsi could have.

Blz1mwg.png

Orsi heard his master's words, the pain he felt was his own. To Orsi this seemed to validate what his father had taught him about pain: to accept his pain and not to run from it, that facing it would give him strength.

Slowly, so slowly, Orsi felt Aryians mind pushing into his own. Orsi felt his anger and resentment, the dark mass of his emotions empowering him, begging him to push out Aryian Darkfire. Orsi felt the pains that he had brought with him to this sanctuary bleeding into Aryian, This is not the true, living Force, Orsi”¦ LET GO”¦

Aryian's last command echoed within the young Padawan's mind, forcing the darkness of his own emotions out, into Aryians mind. Orsi felt the Force as it was. He knew in that instance that life was precious, that his own passions had blinded him to the true nature of the universe. The Force filled the young padawan, rushing into his soul like a dam had been broken, Orsi knew suddenly that his parents had used the Force on him at a young age. They wanted to blind him from it, so that he would not have to live as a Jedi or Sith, so he could be freer than they ever were.

From his blades Orsi felt his Mother weeping for him, both tears of joy and sadness. She did not want him to be involved in the wars of the Jedi; she wanted her child to grow safe. Orsi felt pride and anger emanating from the red crystal of his father, anger that his ability with the Force was thwarted by a Jedi and proud that his son finally saw the truth of the Universe, something it took him decades to see.

Orsi's awareness of the Force seemed to fade as he remembered Aryian. ”œMr. Darkfire? Why did you take my pain?”

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

The sheer emotion of Orsi's burden finally broke Aryian's meditative trance, his eyes snapping open, the Master gasping in a cold sweat. It took him a few moments to collect himself...the magnitude of what was there could not have been Orsi's own, at least not alone. Still, apart from forcing him to break meditation, it hardly phased Aryian through the force. His reply to the young padawan was filled with a deeper inner wisdom, an edge to the words that made them so Orsi would not soon forget.

"Orsi...I took your pain so that you could see the light, the true living force. To focus on one's pain, on fear, on anger or hatred leads to the way of the dark side. As I have said before, it is your choice where your life goes, however you deserve to see what both paths have to offer, not just pain and suffering. I took on your pain as my own because I care for you, you are my Padawan, and as long as you are in my stead I am sworn to do my utmost so that no harm comes to you."

Aryian swung his legs out from underneath him, allowing them to dangle over the meditation platform, and he held his head. Using the Force, he calmly pushed the throbbing out of his head, healing himself from the emotional assault. If he thought he was a bit rusty before...there were only two places to successfully train, if he remembered right, to forge body and soul.

"Orsi...those daggers you have. Tell me what you know about them."

Blz1mwg.png

((sorry for the extremem lateness something in rl came up))

Dino looked at her and said "I would be honered to be your apprentice and my name is Dino Corleone". Dino then took a bow to the knight.

Orsi listened to the words of his master, already feeling his emotions of guilt and continuing grief haunt him. He felt it come but was not able to stop it, then remembered his parent's teachings Grace repels darkness. Suddenly his parent's parable made sense to him: Darkness will always be with you, ignoring it causes it to grow. Accept that it is there and move on! There is no such thing as purity, only loyalty.

As Orsi had this realization his master had turned his back, both of the crystals glowed brightly. Orsi knew that his parents had wanted him to find the true meanings of their teachings on his own. Or at least to find his own meaning.

”œOrsi”¦ Those daggers you have. Tell me what you know about them,”

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

((This big a post you don't have to match, just try to keep the post length you've been maintaining. That's a good average length for now, unless you want to go longer. That's up to you.))

Aryian sighed, his fears being confirmed with a glance at the blades.

"Orsi...Do you hear them? Feel them? I have heard and felt them ever since you stepped into the small room in the library, yet I hoped it was only whispers of the force. Those crystals in your hilts...they..."

Aryian struggled for words, it was very difficult to describe Alchemy in the layman's sense. He was positive that Orsi's parents...or whoever resided within the crystals...had managed to seal their consciousness within the blades. One was a Jedi...the other was a Sith. Both, in Aryian's eyes, were harmful to the boy at this stage in his Jedi training, he must be free of distractions in order to fully understand what Aryian was going to teach him.

"Orsi, if you can't hear your parent's thoughts, you'd be a lot weaker than I suspected, but I know you can hear them. They are your parents, aren't they? I sense many things from those daggers...love, care, pride, even a little righteous anger from the...darker one. I, in my Padawan training much like yourself, managed to track down an old cave on Ilum, where I found the spirits of my own parents imbued in crystals much like these. My old Jedi master had been kind enough to preserve them for me, yet instead of keeping them, I destroyed the crystals, allowing them to become one with the force. I may not be able to se them right now, but they can see me, and the rest of the galaxy for that matter, any time they want."

Aryian sighed again. Here came the tough part.

"You see, Orsi, I kept them for a short time, I heard their thoughts similarly to how you did, I felt them caring for me. But in the end, I realized that I could never live my life the way it was meant to be unless I made all of my descisions my way. In order to grow, I needed to let go, and I found that my parents agreed with me. I think now, more than ever Orsi, those crystals, even the one holding your mother's consciousness, could do you more harm than good."

Aryian reached out with the force to the daggers, connecting with the crystals, feeling the calm warmth of the lighter, the sharp sting of the darker. He projected an image of peace and caring, that whatever happened, Aryian would make sure their son was ready for it. If they would entrust Orsi to him, Aryian would make sure that he would he would be a honoring and righteous man, able to conquer any obstacle in his path and become better because of it.

He felt the Sith stubbornness kick in at first from the darker crystal, knowing it came from the sheer fact that he was a Jedi, but Aryian simply shot back the alternative life of being a Sith, murdering for power, allowing your soul to become corrupted and twisted, far beyond even what Orsi's father once was. This seemed to calm the crystal's sheer emotion for a moment, allowing both souls to contemplate the offer in spiritual silence.

"It is your choice, Orsi, but my advice is to entrust them to me, at least for the time being. If you choose to do so, I will return them to you when the time is ready, and we can move on with your training. If not, I can almost guarantee that you will lead a life like I led, one constantly walking the line between dark and light, which I can tell you is not a good life to have led."

Blz1mwg.png

Orsi listened to Aryian's small speech about how his parent's legacy to him could be harmful. The young Padawan had the stubbornness of his father, as soon as he realized where Aryian was going with the speech Orsi began to set his mind against it. In Orsi's mind his parents legacy to him would be needed to be protected, that required an amount of trust that Orsi had not yet cultivated for him Master.

”œMr. Darkfire, you are asking me to choose to give you the last remnants of my parents. I cannot do that.”

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

And just like that Aryian realized he had moved far too quickly on the subject.

"Of course, Orsi...the descision to leave your zone of comfort can be a very hard descision to make. The very descision you made to learn from me and be my Padawan was a hard descision to make, regardless of how quickly you made it. If you want time, you have it, however until you make your descision, I won't instruct you in the ways of the force. We will work on other aspects of training, but you must make the choice.

"Another illusion in life is that not making a descision will postpone the choice, when in fact it is the opposite, choosing not to choose is still a choice, and usually closes off the options you have when first presented with a choice. The only advice I offer to you is this: You know now how to touch the force, what it feels like. Meditate on it, listen to your instincts, to the force, and come to me when you are ready. Until then, we will go to Coruscant as you requested. My business here is finished, my concern now is you."

Aryian stood up, stretching his legs. Three hours and some odd minutes was a long time to stay in the lotus, and they were quite numb. He helped Orsi stand as well, motioning for him to follow Aryian to the Auxillary Hangar. They both walked out and down the halls of the Eternal Vigilance. Through the use of his implant, Aryian activated the Blur, prepping it for takeoff. He expected Orsi to be a bit impressed with Aryian's starship, it was after all one of a very few replicas of the long dead Prince Xizor's Virago, however it was highly customized along with it's own AI. It was lethality embodied. But he could wait for when they actually reached the hangar. Remembering something he failed to address, Aryian spoke as they walked the halls.

"Orsi, I'd appreciate it if you called me by my title...not only in our relationship, but also as my rightful position among fellow Jedi. I am a Jedi Master, and it is customary to call me 'Master' or 'Master Darkfire', unless you are also a Jedi Master. It's nothing big, however it might turn some heads if you continue to call me 'Mr. Darkfire' around other Jedi."

He continued on down the halls, and finally they reached the smaller hangar, the view of the Blur taking up most of the hangar.

Blz1mwg.png

Orsi listened to his master's gentle reproach with a slight blush. Orsi knew that this man had his best interests at heart but could not make himself give up his parent's final gift to him. Maybe on the way home I will explain.

"Orsi, I'd appreciate it if you called me by my title...not only in our relationship, but also as my rightful position among fellow Jedi. I am a Jedi Master, and it is customary to call me 'Master' or 'Master Darkfire', unless you are also a Jedi Master. It's nothing big, however it might turn some heads if you continue to call me 'Mr. Darkfire' around other Jedi."

Orsi nodded, ”œYes, Mi”¦.”

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

((Sure...one deck, Cockpit in front, then miniature galley including the refresher, then behind that a small cargo storage room that can hold three people (I've done it before XP ). The Galley has enough [military-ish] rations for a month for one person. If you know anything about the Virago as well, the picture is when it is engaged for battle, at all other times the wings fold back against the hull, creating an almost aerodynamic surface. Those things on the wingtips are maneuvering jets, letting it turn on a dime - literally.))

If only you knew what I lived in before I came to the Order, Orsi...All in time. The Order will provide for your cares now, no need to worry.

Aryian considered what Orsi said about his living conditions, but he knew there would be no need to think about it. Aryian would never belittle Orsi, it was his job to build him up and allow him to grow in the force.

However, when Orsi spoke about his ship, Aryian beamed. The Blur was his baby, his pride and joy.

"They look like it, but they actually fold against the Hull and create a nearly aerodynamic surface when in flight. This baby could take on an entire wing of fighters alone and survive. Literally. I programmed and installed the AI on there, compiling the best piloting techniques coupled with the digitized brain patterns of a few of the best pilots known in the Galaxy, and..."

"Blur prepped and ready for departure, Aryian. What will the destination be?"

"...My personality and voice. Anyways, get onboard and buckle in, the Blur's ready to make starlines."

Aryian followed his own advice, taking the short mechanical lift to the ship that was suspended by tractor fields. He heard Orsi following behind him, and he settled himself in the Pilot's chair, plugging in the coordinates for the Hyperspace jump. Within a few moments, Aryian sensed Orsi was onboard, and he piloted the ship up and out to the atmosphere and the midnight space that was beyond. And with a flash, the Blur jumped to hyperspace, taking its pasengers to Coruscant.

Blz1mwg.png

Sayn smiled at the Padawan. He was teeming with un-harnessed light-side energies...he just didn't know it yet. The purple female Gungan Jedi Knight knew he would make a fine apprentice. Sayn thought herself lucky to find such a youngster. She gave a slight head bow in return.

"Then I gratefully take you on as my apprentice, Padawan Dino. Through me, I hope that you learn to use the Force as a tool for compassion, tolerance, and love. I proffess that their is no better feeling in the Galaxy than when you help someone in need."

Sayn paused. What lay before the young man was a life full of service and adventure...and, unfortunetly, danger.

"I will teach you the ways of the light side of the Force. But I worn you, always be cogniscent of the fact that not everyone shares our respect for life. Their are many, like the Sith and the Empire, that are overwhelmed by the seductive powers of the Dark Side. I will show you how to resist this temptation and how to defend yourself against these evils."

Sayn struggled to gather strength for this next part. She was just taking this boy on as an apprentice...and his first mission would be an incredibly dangerous one.

"I regretfully inform you that our first mission requires much bravery. We will be performing a task that even Masters of our Order are too afraid to do. Recently, Jedi Master Talon sacraficed himself to save my former Master, Kirlocca. Other Jedi have been unwilling to rescue Master Talon. I, for one, will not be confined by such fear. If my fellow Jedi are unwilling to help their brother, then we will turn to others that truly understand the brutallity of the Empire. But time is of the essence, we must hurry to save Master Talon. My former ship, an unnamed N-1 Naboo Starfighter is now yours. While on planet, I have acquired a new ship, a Correllian Corvette with blue trim known as the Freedom Express. It has the capacity to store your new Naboo starfighter and transport us both. The starfighter has already been loaded onto the Freedom Express. Lets go. We must move quickly if the Jedi Talon is to survive."

The Gungan Jedi Knight guided her Padawan to the new Correllian Corvette and took off into space.

Sayn_Ta.jpg

Three imperial probe droids are shot out and land around the rough area of the Jedi base. With in minutes, before their presence can be confirmed or detected, they beam back the rough data needed to stage a landing and assault on the Jedi. A short burst of static greets other communications channels around the base, leaving only a select Imperial frequency open.

Three shuttles land and the troops, in their pre-ordered squads of five, outlined in the briefing room on Cardia, hustle in, eyes on the alert, senses ready. One of the shuttles takes off, keeping a low orbit, Expecting anywhere from three to eight Jedi, possibly knights or masters, their progress is slow and tense. After some demolitions work with set explosives gain them entry, they are unprepared for something else- the eerie silence from the mostly empty base.

There is a brief relay between the shuttle commanders and orders are dispatched as follows- securing communications, the armory, and then cutting off any means of escape. The troops, marching down the cooridors, hidden from the Force, attempt to fulfill these aims, making Manaan their own and with a bit of luck, leave a small pogrom of slaughtered Jedi in the wake of their passing.

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

A black B wing jumps out of hyper-space above Manaan and starts to make it's decent towards the surface, broadcasting Jedi landing codes.

However after receiving no response the craft levels out at about 3000 feet and makes two sweeps of the surface with its scanner. Three foreign blips appear, one in motion.

Dash only needs to stare at the screen for about two seconds before realizing that something must be wrong. He closes the intake vents on his fighter thereby cutting power to the engines and making the craft go silent.

Dash then glides the B wing towards the base silently, landing it in the water just below the Jedi enclave with a small splash.

As the unwelcome Imperial stormtroopers tromped into the corridors of the Eternal Vigilance, they probably noticed that the Jedi vessel had an unusually high number of droids scuttling about its interior. They were everywhere--R-series astromech droids, MSE-6 mouse droids, even a number of antiquated GNK power droids... It seemed as though this particular base enjoyed a highly advanced state of automization.

"Gonk?" Questioned one of the power droids as a number of white-clad warriors marched into the view of its photoreceptors. The poor droid seemed to be thoroughly confused by the EV's unexpected guests; he was but a simple droid, and not even a particularly advanced one at that.

"Gonk!?" It attempted to calculate a path through the column of stormtroopers without imposing on their presence. As befitted the Empire's finest, they were well-trained in the tactics essential to invading a hostile vessel; they knew well to march along the sides of the vessel's corridors and provide a path in which stray blaster rounds would pass harmlessly through. The GNK power droid, quickly understanding this, shuffled clumsily through the twin rows of stormtroopers.

"Gonk." It commented to the visitors. "Gonk!" Its boxy body twisted to and fro, as though experiencing frustration at the fact that they had no hope of understanding it. Nobody ever paid attention to a GNK droid--protocol droids were often regarded as loquacious pests but still were appreciated as translators, R-series droids invited camaraderie with their cheery high serenades, vivid personalities, and infinite utility value... but a GNK? Nobody listened to a GNK. All it did was shuffle from one place to the next and unload its massive batteries. It felt so lonely.... almost lonely enough to end its existance...

"GONK! Gonk... gonk unweht GONK!" An unusual program began to process through its electronic brain. Its simple programming failed to comprehend the precise meaning of the code, but why should it worry about such things? It was a droid, and its place was to obey, not question its orders. Nobody ever cared about a GNK power droid... "G--Gonk? GOOO--" That finally querulous comment was the droid's last words.

Hidden in its bulky innards was a rather nasty surprise for the Imperial stormtroopers: a rather nasty explosive charge that reduced its turso to so many pieces of nearly-supersonic shrapnel to shred their armor. It detonated spectacularly, lifting the closest pair troopers off their feet and hurling them into the corridor's walls. The remainder of the squad's bodies were pierced with hundreds of pieces of metallic debris from the explosion.

The devastation of one of the squads complete, an MSE-6 mouse droid eventually rolled along and twittered a sharp comment pertaining to the state of devastation and gore that existed in this stretch of corridor. The closest translation from its particular dialect of binary was: "Aw, crap. Bloodstains, egad! Do you guys have any idea how much effort it takes to get these... WHOA! Oh--damn, man! Sucks to be you, fellas."

Even with the Jedi absent, the Imperials would find that the Eternal Vigilance would live up to its name. All over the ship, a small army of disguised battle droids began to mobilize throughout the ship--it seemed as though the entire ship's disproportionate complement of maintenance droids was prepped for war. R-series astromech droids began to instinctively form squads of trios, and upon meeting the hostile forces, opened their multitude of compartments to reveal a fiendish array of blaster weapons.

With their knowledge of the ship's droid maintenance corridors, it was ludicrously simple for them to ambush the Imperials and catch them in crossfires. Within minutes, the ship's corridors echoed with the sounds of blaster fire.

In the hangar, a beastial roar echoed from under the deckplates. It was utterly incomprehensible, but if one listened closely, one could recognize snippets of the roars of some of the most fearsome beasts in the galaxy: the Krayt Dragon of Tatooine, the murderous Rancor of Dathomir, the legendary lava dragon from Eol Sha, the long-extinct Terentatek.... Nearly every infamous predator of the galaxy seemed to play a part in this horrifying expression of animal rage.

After that disturbing war cry, a vicious, bass-heavy voice thundered from under the hangar.

"GGGEEEEETT OOOUUUUTTTT....."

((I had these defenses prepared a long time in advance. You'll find my reference to a small army of astromechs a few pages back. The rest is from before Helix Station was destroyed.))

drayyy.png

The response caught more than a few of the trained squads off guard, destroying them. Lulled by the seeming emptiness of the Eternal Vigilance, they are taken aback and decimated.

The response is swift as the orders are relayed back to the various squads and immediately, any droids sighted was reduced to ashes, though the fighting took a heavy toll. The stormtroopers were able to compensate, using some quick tactics. Disruptor rifles blasted small recesses in the walls which the squads would file inside of (or in other cases still, make their own paths through the base). Falling back with standard issue explosives and blaster rifles (not intended to be used given the Jedi's most annoying tendency to deflect blaster bolts at their users), plus some support from the flechette troopers, they manage to coordinate their efforts enough to beat further in, though in a war of attrition with the whole station against them it did not look good.

However, the gamma-class ships decided to draw a bit of the ships fire and attention lifting off (but still missing Dash's carefully landed ship), they open up a salvo of laser fire and concussion missiles onto the surfaced top of the Eternal Vigilence. While it was unlikely they could outright destroy the base, they had a much simpler aim in mind- damage the base enough to prevent it from being able to submerge, destroying enough compartments so if it went under, it would stay under. Given the holes made by the disruptor fire and conventional explosives marking their pathways into the base, it was unknown if enough of it would be waterlogged to the point of no return.

One group of troopers, nearly panicked to the point of no return, located the hangar. Summoning back up from the arguable safety of the halls outside, they await one coup degrace before moving it, having the stokhli spray sticks readied. Capable of dropping even a raging Wookie, or even a rancoor with enough concentration, they would be prepared for any beastie that attempted to escape following their ace.

The third shuttle swooped down, following that comm beacon and sending out a full fire set of shots of lasers and missiles, broke through the hangar's outermost door, sweeping the inside with a huge fireball. The troopers in the corridor fell back, though the flame thrower unit, bringing up the rear, ironically felt a bit singed. There's a very steady stream of laser fire, followed by in classic Episode II style- troopers hanging out the side, opening fire. If there was any dangerous managery of beasts there, it should have gotten it... right?

Though thinned by well over half of their original number, a much warier, more cautious set of squads attempts to make its way into the bottom of the Eternal Vigilence, taking orders to try to disable the computers and engines to shut down the droid offensive, or if worse came to worse, sink the whole thing to the bottom of the ocean. With the attack on the hangar bay almost assured of keeping the whale up, they had deprived it of its best defenese. Still, no Jedi were to be found and the Imperial general behind the attack had yet to put in an appearance...

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

Dino listened to the wise jedi speak about saving Talon and his favorite part was

My former ship, an unnamed N-1 Naboo Starfighter is now yours. While on planet, I have acquired a new ship, a Correllian Corvette with blue trim known as the Freedom Express. It has the capacity to store your new Naboo starfighter and transport us both.

Dino's eyes glew in excitment the ship was his and he got to keep his old one. But he followed Sayn Ta to the new ship and they took off into space.

Hartel looked upon the alien face of his master which seemed to glow with the confidnce he exuberated within his bits of words that had true non-cryptic meaning. He knew in his heart and soul the Jedi Order was his one path toward salvation to which he so desperately clings. It was maddening to his logic, yet made perfect sense to his emotions and spirit. And thus, without further contemplation or wait, he laid the saber upon his master's lap. It seemed to be a good place to set it which signified his honor of his master. It also did not lay at his feet which would be a choice Hartel did not wish to make.

"I accept your leadership Master...Master...well I don't even know your name yet."

Hartel furrowed a brow at his master as to ask the question in of itself. It was not that he had a problem just calling him master, but it was the way he had named his master during his brief period with the Sith and having a somewhat personal bond with his master would be a change Hartel needed spiritually as well as mentally.

Dash readied himself for a fight as his small craft slowly bobbed in the calm waters around the eternal vigilance. Except for the almost constant stream of blaster fire reaching into the sky above him nothing warranted the firefight that was currently going on inside of the ship.

Dash slid his hand into his brace readied his lightsaber, attached 4 grenades to his belt and took aim at the underside of the large Jedi ship with a personal tow cable. Taking a long deep breath his fired the tow cable and felt himself move smoothly out of his fighter and into one of the ventilation shafts that formed a small depression in the outer hull.

Swinging his knees into the shaft Dash moved along it crouched due to the low ceiling until he came to a junction in the lower levels of the ship where a vent allowed his a clear view of the corridor below. Dash waited there for some time before he saw what must have been the first squad of storm-troopers to make it this far into the ship. Four men came into view looking very tired like they had seen some serious action already.

Dash waited as they approached silently timing his strike to there movements, he readied himself with the force only to feel it sucked away from in the final second. Not that he needed it for this move just that it would have made something easy easier.

Just as the storm troopers passed below him Dash ignited his light saber and droped down upon the unsuspecting men. He cut two of them down before they had time to react, ducked under a blasted bolt and with and elegant swing of crimson knocked the weapon from the troopers hand and sent it skidding across the ground. Dash then moved for the forth man who was then carefully aiming a flame thrower at his torso. Event without the force he was still a great acrobat.

Dash jumped into the air pulling off a somersault as the back off his robes caught flame. He swung the light saber with awesome accuracy clean through the storm troopers helmet and sent his lifeless corps sliding down the wall leading a trail of blood as it moved towards the floor.

Dash then collected the flame thrower and cut the blaster in half it was time to stop this invasion that had already come to far. He moved down the hall in the direction from which the stromtroopers had come ducking and weaving down the hallway and remaining out of open view. If a another squad were to come as the first one had he would know of them long before they had established his location.

((In case you Hopefuls and Padawans haven't noticed, a war is going on here.))

Following the barrage of lasers and concussion missiles, a shriek of animalistic agony, so intense that even a few of the Empire's finest winced in sympathy, echoed from the compartments under the hangar. Pieces of metallic debris sprayed in a hazardous hail from the explosions, and a highly inorganic crash of metal rattled the hull of the Eternal Vigilance.

Alas, it seemed that the Imperial stormtroopers had misinterpreted the threat endangering their escape path and mistakenly assumed that a Jedi had cruelly captured a number of titanic predators and stuffed them into inhumane conditions under the hangar. That was only a natural assumption, considering the highly inaccurate and almost comically-exaggerated propaganda that the Empire subjected its citizens and armed forces to. However, that made it no less deadly for the unlucky warriors who had been ordered to storm the compartments under the hangar.

In between waves of livid fire and showers of Stokhli stun spray, flashes of something massive, mechanical, and heavily armored were plainly visible.

It was one of Armiena Draygo's most brutal and versatile creations: the Wolf Spider combat mechanoid. Specifically, the guardian of this Jedi stronghold was the unit Armiena had dubbed Psycho One, a particularly ruthless piece of reinforced steel that seemed to enjoy the slaughter far too much for its own good. Such was the consequence of its highly advanced combat AI; the more intelligent a droid was programmed to be, the more likely it was to develop a highly unique and vivid personality.

Standing to the knee of an AT-AT and easily spanning the length of an X-Wing, the giant arachnid had sustained serious damage at the hands of the missile barrage. Three of its legs had already been blown off at various joints, a stray missile had reduced its cockpit's canopy to a few jagged shards of transparisteel, and it walked with an predictably bad limp, but it was still quite capable of fighting fiercely. And considering its armanents, the steel spider could perform that function quite readily and with considerable relish.

Its turso swivelled jerkily to face the exterior of the hangar, revealing a pair of massive railguns and a smaller anti-personnel blaster turret. In milliseconds, the Wolf Spider identified the primary cause of its pain: the Gamma-class transport that had hammered the entire compartment with its missiles. The multitude of soldiers would have to wait; the majority of their rifle fire simply bounced off of its Phrikite-reinforced durasteel armor, though the occasional bolt sizzled into its damaged joints. They were tiny morsels that the walker could gobble down one by one.

"FEAR MY WRATH!!! RAAARRRHHAHAHAA!!!!" The droid shrieked out a barbaric warcry as it quickly calculated a firing solution for its twin railguns; without hesitation but with no small amount of satisfaction, two projectiles rushed out of the anti-armor weapons within milliseconds of each other. The first, a powerful explosive round designed to penetrate into the armor of vehicles and then detonate in their relatively fragile bowels, exploded against the shields of the shuttle and brought them down for the coup de grace. The second projectile was a simple metal slug forged of an extremely dense alloy, wrought for the simple purpose of penetrating through heavy armor and leaving a clean hole through its target.

Alas, even as heavily armored as military shuttles were, they were still fragile little toys compared to the thundering vehicles that brought war to the ground. The metal slug ripped through its armor with relative ease and utterly shredded any internal components it met on its journey through the shuttle's interior.

"AHAHAAA!!! Kill!!!! KIIIILLL!!" The droid cackled and hacked with more destructive enthusiasm than ever belonged in a Jedi outpost, then turned its attention to the most annoying ground troops that were molesting its remaining joints. Each heavy footfall rattling the deckplates of the hangar, it lumbered towards them with reckless abandon. Although its weapons had swivelled around to face the stormtroopers and the blaster cannon opened up on their positions with bloodthirsty fire, it seemed that the droid's bloodlust had driven it to desire the feeling of its massive legs physically crushing and hurling its tormentors against the Vigilance's deckplates.

In the control room, the Jedi Adept Norm Hassan cursed a blue streak as he skimmed through a user's manual thicker than his head. He knew that the Eternal Vigilance boasted considerable exterior defenses, the Jedi had not bothered to modernize the control surfaces for the weapons systems, and he hardly desired to accidentally flip the wrong switch and make a mistake like shutting down the ancient craft's repulsorlifts.

The Adept rose from his seat to secure the blast door behind him. The ordinary-looking man shrugged, then after closing the heavy portal, jammed his lightsaber into the controls and mauled them with its emerald blade. Pausing for just a moment to check the holocam displays from the modified MSE-6 mouse droids scattered all over the ship, he witnessed a half squadron of Buzzkill droids slice through a ceiling maintenance vent and terrorize a number of stormtroopers creeping dangerously close to the EV's engines. Taken by surprise, one of them suffered a serious gash across his breastplate from the spherical droids' circular vibrosaws.

Although the droids were impressively fast and incredibly agile on the repulsorlift array that covered their entire spherical surface, they were rather fragile. A single direct hit with a blaster bolt would inflict severe damage on them, delivering crippling damage to their repulsorlifts or shattering internal components.

Norm Hassan winced as a spray of blood wetted the focusing lens of the security MSE-6 droid's holocam. With a grimace on his face, he returned to studying the bridge's user manual, searching for some information concerning the craft's weaponry...

Running lights... Hydraulic back-ups... Security cams--whoa, I didn't know we had cams in the ladies' 'fresher! I wonder if Master Draygo... no, she'd kill me if she knew I was thinking those thoughts. If Hassan survived the battle, he promised himself to take a cold shower to banish those impure thoughts from his mind. Hangar tractors... for Force's sake, why didn't they write an index for this book!??

((Norm Hassan is just a disposable NPC that I invented for the sake of training Jedi Hopefuls. If he survives, cool. If he dies a terrible death... meh.))

drayyy.png