The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

"Thank you, Mister Hassan," Orsi said through gritted teeth. He had broken a few bones before, and knew that he needed a medical droid.

Orsi felt every step as they walked to the medical bay, but was fighting to ignore the presence of the Force that he felt flowing throughout the ship. He was not sure if the ship was alive or not, but he knew that he had seen bio-mechanical technology on Naboo and wondered if other worlds used the same premise.

At the medical station Orsi sat down on the bench as a very perturbed Medical Droid x-rayed his wrists, bandaged them, insisted on giving Orsi pain medicine which was refused, and then seemed to go on for hours about how the hopeful should be more careful in his training and berating Adept Hassan for what the droid viewed as destructive training methods.

After the droid left them alone, again giving stern instructions, Orsi said, "I would rather be patched up by a mute, blind, one armed Hutt than a mouthy droid."

He and the Adept shared a laugh, "Mr. Hassan, why can I feel the Force now but not before?"

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Remember these principles my child

And you shall never be led astray.

Namiad walked around. Cire was ranting on in his head that he would pull the trigger to his head if he didnt leave. "You dont belong here, this is a place for the holy not the siners like you and I..." He sat down, trying to shake the thoughts out of his mind. He had to become a jedi.

4486atj.jpg

"I dont care who you are, I just want my money."

http://forums.jedi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=596650#596650

The Lenra popped out of hyperspace above the beautiful planet of Manaan. Kautra recived permission to land near the base, as was expected for all Jedi during this time of war and distress. Kautras ship touched down with a hard CLUNK as the door opened for him. He motioned for Neada to stay where he was, he had no intention of staying there for too long. He was on a Quest to find an apprentice of which was able to learn.

Kautra stepped out of his ship, and was met by a large gust of wind. Which blew his cloak up and around. Kautra waved his hand, and held down the flapping cloak with the force. The wind began to pick up a little as he strolled into the Jedi Base.

Instantly he felt the rush of the force begin to probe his mind and body, for impurities. Some one, or something was checking to make sure he was who he said he was. And that he had no intention of harming any one here. Kautra just stood there, and allowed the nuesance to probe him, knowing that there was nothing there that it would find.

Kautra began to walk the housinbg quarters of the base, to find him an other house of which he call hime. He passed by many occupied rooms, with people running around them. It brought a smile to Kautras face knowing that there was still such innocence left in the galaxy.

Kautra finnaly came across an empty room which fulfilled his needs, and expectations. The room was not as big as the one he had claimed for him self on Haruun Kal, but the view was just as stunning. The bed laid in another room, was the food prep area was in one corner, the sleeping quarters were in the other.

Kautra set up the room to only respond to him, and then left, he was on a mission to find a young apprentice of which he would train.

(( To all hopefulls....If you are in need of a master, I am currently looking for an apprentice, I would request that you have some knowledge of how to RP, and that you are going to be on Jnet for at least 3 months IRL))

Namiad watched the Jedi roaming around the base. One of them he hoped would soon be his master. Yes, he had one impurity. One named Cire Ydnah. He felt cold all of a sudden, as if Cire was going to take hold of him again, though in a place like this he didnt have a clue why....

Hours past, but still he had seen no one who would train him. He had to be a jedi. He had to save someone....

4486atj.jpg

"I dont care who you are, I just want my money."

http://forums.jedi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=596650#596650

During the medical droid's self-righteous condemnation of the Jedi Adept's supposedly hazardous training methods, carelessness, and general irresponsibility as a teacher, Norm Hassan remained unexpectedly silent. In fact, a content smile creeped across his lips and his hazel eyes closed, barely paying attention to its reprimand. Although most observers would undoubtedly guess that this was a sterling example of the legendary Jedi patience, Hassan was secretly imagining using the Force to unscrew the droid's neck from its shoulders.

"....mmmmmm..." As the droid left the two in relative privacy, he was now envisioning using its severed head as a projectile to bash its kneecaps into rubble. Finally, Orsi's snide remark drew him from his morbid fantasies with a chuckle.

At last, the Hopeful asked a question that Norm could answer--a situation that he knew how to deal with, rather than fumble around and hope that he wasn't making a painful situation into true agony. "I'm not sure--from what I understand, a good many Jedi unconsciously tapped into the Force before they were discovered by the Order. They usually used the Force through basic prescience... occasionally in far more spectacular ways. One of our top Healers managed to unconsciously heal a wounded animal with the Force just moments before she was discovered.

"But, usually those incidents aren't quite as... powerful as what happens with true attunement through meditation and training." He winced, hazarding a glance at his battered wrists. "When I was just a kid, I had an unusual talent for empathy--sometimes my family and friends thought I was literally reading their minds." He grinned at his reminisces. "Well, look at me now."

drayyy.png

"Yeah? I've always been a realy fast healer, but my parents didn't freak about it. I got stung by some kind of poisonous insect on... Where was it? Korriban! That's it! I got a horrible fever for about two days but I survived where most would have died," Orsi sat on the medical table, wondering why his parents never told him he was Force Sensitive... Or even if they knew.

"Mr. Hassan? What is that on your belt?" Orsi motioned to the Adepts lightsaber. He faintly remembered seeing something like that before, but could not put his finger on it. Both of the crystals began glowing on Orsi's daggers after he asked the question, he could feel his parents presence within the blades but could not place them.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Dino landed his ship on the Jedi planet. He walked around hoping to find a master. He just got out of his ship and began to walk around. He found a training room and began to watch.

Damon's small ships carrying his crew stopped at this jedi outpost. As the ship landed Stephen looked a little surpised.

"This is merley a pit stop. I am here to help a few helpfulls and also help you."

Damon exited the ship and Stephen in tow. They now walked into the base and roamed the base.

((I am here to take one and only one. You will spend minium one month RL in training. Be warned, if you are not up to par you will sepend quite some time training. If you want it though then come on up.))

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Dino watched as a man passed him that looked to be a master. He waited about 2 minutes before he decided to go after him. Dino approached Damon and bowed saying

"if it is possible I would like to become your apprentice".

Edited by Guest

John was sorely needing of distraction. The countless books he had read over the past few days had put a crink in his neck worse than that time he was in that tassle with a raving wookiee. He stood up from his chair rubbing the back of his neck, massaging his ponytailed hair simultaneously. This hopeful thing was not to John's likability, he soon wished he would have a master who could train him in the fine arts of the Jedi Order and lead him one step closer to the end of this suffering he feels within.

After putting away his holobook, Hartel made his way out of the Sub's library and found himself face to face with a young Jedi...who, by the youngness of him, must have been a Jedi Knight. Hartel made a quick bow of respect.

"Welcome to Manaan Master, how may I be of service?"

((I should note, SleeplessGhost is not my Padawan.))

"This?" Norm Hassan recognized the obvious cue and unclipped his lightsaber from his belt. He was genuinely surprised that Orsi didn't recognize the signature weapon and symbol of the Jedi--people without even the slightest knowledge of the Force could often instantly recognize a lightsaber when they saw one. Few weapons held as much universal respect and awe in the galaxy.

"It's my lightsaber." He turned it over in his hand so that the safe end of the hilt faced the Jedi Hopeful, silently giving him permission to inspect the weapon and satisfy his curiousity. "During formal training, every Padawan makes their own lightsaber. It's actually a technically simple weapon--it's only slightly more complicated than a shoddy blaster. The real difficulty in building one is achieving the focus necessary to build it properly, and finding the focusing crystals for the blade emitter. If any of the parts are imperfect... well, the consequences of trying to ignite one could be anything from merely embarrassing to rather gruesome."

drayyy.png

Ish's ship entered the under belly of the Eternal Vigilance, safely tucking away in one of the many docking bays.

Tech droids instantly rushed toward the ships from all sides of the hangar bay the instant Ish exited the Osroc. A series of high pitched beeps and tweeks from the numerous droids was enough to say the long road ahead to get the now overdue ship back in working order.

A small satchel slung over his shoulder, tattered robes swaying, Ish left the docking bay and immediately headed for the mess hall. Nearly empty aside from a few force adepts emersed in conversation the cafeteria was completely how Ish remembered it. A small smile crossed his face as he looked over the large white washed room.

Instantly his stomach growled and he threw himself into his food, gorging, and disreguarding all manors. After all he hadn't eaten in months of space travel.....kept alive only by his meditative state. No morsel was left to chance. After a few hours the jedi found himself nearly undable to move. A yawn roused him from his seat as a droid cleaned up his trays for the unteenth time.

While making his way to his old room, Ish was touched by the force. Instantly it gave him a vision. The jedi stopped dead in his tracks as images played out in his head.

A hopeful...

The training rooms...

Mistakes...

and finally Vindication...

Then as suddenly as they had come, the visions had stopped. Ish stayed motionless in the hall as he contemplated the images.....Passerbys wondered what the man was doing standing just off to the side of the hall, but the jedi paid then no mind for a time.

Finally after what must have been a few hours, Ish came to one conclusion, he must take on another hopeful. The Dantooinian quickly rushed to his room and shut the door behind him with the force as the lights dimmed. He threw his satchel over to the side of the room and assumed a meditative sitting stance and began to search for what he hoped would be his next apprentice......

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

As Orsi touched the worn grip of the lightsaber, both crystals glowed dimly. With a rush of insight Orsi realised something that he had know for a long time but had not known the words for it. "My mother was a Jedi, my father was..." Orsi stopped in mid sentance, knowing that Jedi was the wrong word to use, "Something else."

Orsi had another flash of memory come to him, during this flash of memory Norm saw and felt everything that Orsi did, while the other Jedi on the Eternal Vigilance felt the action through the Force.

A young Orsi sat on what appeared to be a workbench, playing with a smooth cylinder. There was no danger to the boy, this particular lightsaber had an internal switch.

A very mediocre looking woman walked into the room, stopping dead in her tracks before running over to the young boy and taking the lightsaber away. She then scolded him and told him in no uncertain terms that he was NOT to play with that ever again.

The child Orsi sheepishly nodded and agreed.

Orsi awoke from this revery with tears falling down his cheeks. He dropped the lightsaber, unable to hold it with his bandaged and shaking hands.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Justin watched a man enter and quickly walked over to the Jedi Master and made a short and quick bow.

"Welcome Jedi Master,I'm Justin and would love to be your apprentice wise Damon"

Justin rose from his bow and stood in front of the Jedi Master awaiting his reply.

cooltext27848894.jpg

~Sometimes We Are Fighting For The Wrong Side~

Damon acknowledged the over active yet, enthusiatic hopefull.

"Well. I was not expecting such energy, but I do seense somthing in you. If you are ready to commit to the path of the jedi and live for others and not for yourself folow me."

Damon returned to his ship knowing quite well that he was going to be followed by his new padawan.

Damon listended to his new padawan.

"You do not need to be so formal. Master will work fine. However a few things. This person next to me is Stephen. He is my current padawan and will shortly become a knight. There is only a little left for me to teach him. We are going to Haruun Kal to finish his training and start yours. My name is Damon. I am a Commander in the Allaince army. I have help neogaote terms and treaties for few factions and orginazations. You are now my padawan. Please sit down and buckle up."

Damon looked at his padwans and blasted off for the jedi base.

Feeling alittle at ease knowing that he does not have to be so formal Justin took a deep breath.

"Sorry Master, I have always been taught to show the utmost respect to your elders, in age or position"

After boarding the ship Justin sat down and buckled his seat belt.Eager to start his training, he turned to Stephen.

"My name is Justin"

Justin then extended his hand to him

cooltext27848894.jpg

~Sometimes We Are Fighting For The Wrong Side~

Kautra was stopped abruptly by a young, enthusiastic hopeful. Kautra could feel the energy flow from his body, much had happened since Kautra was first picked as an apprentice, and he was a little rusty on how to pick them out of the bunch.

"Welcome to Manaan Master, how may I be of service?" The young hopeful said in a low respectful voice. The young one bowed slightly as he spoke, and remined there for a responce. Kautra smiled slightly, but was hardly noticable, since his face was so dark, and the lighting was not as good as it should have been.

"Yes, you can help me with some thing. It seems I have left something in my room. An Item that I hold in such high esteem. If you would be so kind as to run and get it from there, I would be rather greatful. My lightsaber sits on my shelf next to my bed."

Kautra watched as the young one stood there, waiting for more information.

"I'll leave it to you to find my room. Its not hard, just use your brain, and a little intuition, and maybe it will come to you."

Kautra stood where he was, as the young one ran off to find Kautras room. As the young troted off, Kautra opened the door of his room, allowing access to the one in search for it.

(( Lord Hartel your mine, sorry all others, you were too slow.---Hartel, I have taken you on as my apprentice, you know how to RP, and I trust you know what your doing. I want a rather descriptive post, detailing your treck through the Jedi Base, and then getting the saber and bringing it to me... and Ill take it from there.))

Before Dino knew it the masters that enetered the base where gone with an apprentice. He just was alone so he went into the training room. Dino pulled out his sword disgraced on how he was so little trained. He did nnot want to get angry but he couldn't help it. So he found a nearby training bot and activated it also putting it on medium without thinking.

The bot shot up and started attacking Dino with a vibrblade. He blocked and dodged to make sure he wasn't over doing it on either technique. Dino was not hit until a few minutes into blocking. The bot cut his forearm and he backed away waiting for the bot to get clodser. Dino then leapt forword takling it. he sat on it preventing him from moving and dino punched it in the head. he then got up and stepped on it.

Dino felt dark, angry and sorrow all at the same time. It was very overwelming for the young hopeful. He knew this was the path of the dark side but that was not what he wanted. He ran in anger and frustration he did not want to feel this way. Dino stopped walking and sat down with his legs crossed. He then closed his eyes and calmed himself down by meditating.

John bowed once more to the Jedi Knight, who was of a species John was not familiar with yet had seen somewhere in his past, and made his way down the creaky metallic halls of the Submarine Base. The dim lights lit the way reminiscent of an old ghost ship. There were not many Jedi upon this vessel and the emptyness would make a man insane before he knew what to do with himself. A reason why John had stuck himself to the library, filling his mind with the knowledge of the Jedi, instead of wasting away in these decrepit corridors.

The metal of Hartel's boots clanked against the grates of the floor as he made his way down the corridor toward where the impromptu Jedi Council had been set up. Most of the Master's bunks had been located here so Hartel knew his Master's room would not be far off from there seeming how he is a Jedi Knight. And his room would be soon approched by John and then he would be able to hold a most precious and defining artifact of the Jedi....the lightsaber.

John's mind flashed as he passed over the artifical light above him as he approached a 4-way intersection between the corridors. The light had made his face appear sunken and almost devoid of life and light, possibly revealing the John who laid underneath his Mandalorian shell. As the orange tinted light hit John's eyes his mind wandered to the Ishavaran nightfall and that night...that night where he committed an atrocity to which he may never recover.

The Mandalorian shook his head and attempted to forget about the past and focus on the now what his master required of him to do. Hartel took a left as his mind sensed a strange feeling he had felt when in the presence of his Master. Naturally, John was taken to it through his own curiosity and moved his way down the long corridor.

I never realized how massive this ship must be... John thought as he only saw a small thing as he landed.

When he reached the rusty bolted door to which his master's sense had come from John pressed it open to reveal a room, scarce of decoration, life, or even the light. It was an odd thing for a Jedi Knight to have such an environment that was not rich in their beliefs. Yet Hartel ignored such things and looked to a desk inside his master's quarters. There was nothing. Perhaps he was mistaken perhaps he had felt wrongly and possibly so as he was untrained in the force.

As he made his way back down the corridor where he and his master had met he hung his head. What would he do? What was going to happen when he told he master he had failed to find his lightsaber? John tried not to harbor these feelings within and thus allowed them to be stored within him as he went to the room that his master had been standing by when they met.

Opening the door John walked inside and hung his head low.

"I failed to find your lightsaber master...I thought I had felt your presence among the ship but when I entered the unlocked door I saw nothing of..."

He broke off and as he looked to his master he saw behind him, sitting on a desk, the undoubtedly distinguishable shape of a lightsaber hilt. John smiled and lifted his head to look to his master.

"Well, I hope you at least enjoyed yourself master." said John chuckling a bit at his own stupidity. He was right there when he bumped into his master. How could he have been so naive as to not look within the room he was right beside? Regardless the deed was done and all he could do was await his master's next instruction.

Kautra watched as the young hopeful returned to the room where they had crossed paths. With his head hung low, and a sad feeling radiating from him. Kautra sensed a feeling being repressed deep inside of the young hopeful.

"I failed to find your lightsaber master...I thought I had felt your presence among the ship but when I entered the unlocked door I saw nothing of..." the young hopeful before him had stopped in his tracks, a looked around Kautras long, slender body. Kautra sensed a feeling of relief lift off of the young one as he looked into Kautrs room, and caught a glimpse of the lightsaber resting peacfully on the desk next to his bed.

"You were too hasty to serve me young one" Kautra said in a calm tone "You did not weigh all the possibilities of the situation. Some times we look so hard for a solution, when it sits infornt of our noses." Kautra noticed the young one glance down at the ground. "There is no need to be ashamed. As a great Jedi once said 'There are things that cannot be taught, but must be learned'." Kautra allowed a pause to let those words take hold of the hopefull before him.

"Go and grab my saber young one." Kautra said to Hartel. He watched as he entred he room, throwing a glance at Neada, the Vornskr that laid on his bed, but paid no heed to him. He picked up the light saber, and returned to Kautras side.

With the saber resting in both hands, Hartel rose it up. Offering it to Kautra. Kautra let the saber rest in Hartels hands for a moment.

"Do you feel the weight of the lightsaber?" Kautra said calmly. When Hartel nodded, Kuatra continued.

"The weight of the lightsaber, is no match to the weight we must bare as Jedi, but is a weight we must all burden. The saber you hold there in the palms of your hands is a symbol of all Jedi. It is eligant, and simple, but at times it is a terrible burden" Kautra paused again to let these words sink in as well.

Like my master before me, and his before him, I was trained in different manner. My master was rather unorthodox, and rather blunt. But the message was just as powerful from him, then any other Jedi Master. I too am different from other Jedi Masters, my training will be unorthodox as well. However, if you are willing to carry such a heavy burden as being a Jedi, and willingy to dedicate your self to the order, then I will train you in the ways of the force. Just place my saber into my hand." Kautra saw his young apprentices face light up.

"However if you are not willing to dedicate your self to the order, lay my saber down at my feet, and walk away." Kautra motioned to the floor, and then raised his hand level to his saber that was still in the hopefulls hand. Kautra looked into Hartels mind as the chaos raged inside of his head.

((Sorry, school's been insane lately. And double apologies on the quality of this post, or lack thereof.))

When Orsi's grip on the lightsaber began to loosen, Norm Hassan's hand surged forward to catch the hilt when it fell from his shaking hands. He caught the hilt and returned it to his belt in one smooth motion.

He was... surprised by Orsi's emotional reaction, to say the least. Somehow, holding his lightsaber must have triggered a memory that the Hopeful had previously suppressed. Hassan had no idea what painful memories the contact evoked, so all he could do was offer him his sympathy and privacy.

"I'm... sorry?" He offered, clearly confused and unsure what course of action to take. "I didn't mean to bring back unwelcome memories."

drayyy.png

OOC: No worries, I started college this week too.

IC: "Don't worry..." Orsi offered to Norm, "I've been running from my past for too long... I'm sick of it."

Orsi got off of the table, remembering his father's words, You can run from your pain, but you will tire before it does. Orsi wiped away his tears with a bandaged hand before asking Norm, "What more can you teach me?"

Then the medical droid came in again, reared up, and gave another lecture.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

A yellow N-1 Naboo starfighter emerged from hyperspace. As it descended towards Manaan, its pilot...Jedi Knight Sayn Ta....felt a strong connection with the Force. Yes, the harmony of the light-side echoed from the planet.

After recieving clearance, the purple Gungan female landed her small ship and wen aboard the legendary Eternal Vigilance. Sayn could feel the Force permeate the air as she walked through the vessal's graeat halls. Before long, the Jedi stumbled into a group of young Jedi. Perhaps the Force had led her hear...or perhaps it was just pure luck. Either way, she could feel unharnessed Force power in the room....a sure sign of a Jedi Hopeful. The very suprised Master Ta spoke loud enough to get their attention.

"At least one person in this room is a Jedi Hopeful!"

She regarded the others as they heard her exclaimed observation. The Gungan Knight's pale face suddenly flushed red with embarrassment. ..this was completely out of character for the soft-spoken Sayn. Normally she would have politely introduced herself to everyone, learned their own names, socialize, and then reveal her revalation. However, her excitement at finding at least one Jedi Hopeful overwhelmed the always polite Sayn Ta. Although she had never revealed it, she had always secretly harbored a desire to take on an apprentice. She told herself that she had to jump on the chance...before it was too late...she hoped this group of Force Users would understand.

Sayn_Ta.jpg

Dino was relaxed when all of a sudden he heard a loud sentence from what sounded like a girl. He opened his eyes slowly and looked over t was a gungan theat said

"At least one person in this room is a Jedi Hopeful!"

Dino got up and wondered who she was talking about.

Through the Force, Sayn could practically smell him out. The mild mannered Jedi turned to regard the man who had just gotten up.

"Hello, I am Jedi Knight Sayn Ta. I am sorry for my previous outburst...as a Jedi, I am usually in better control of myself. Anyway, I sence that you seek to learn the arts of the Light Side. Am I correct? Do you wish me to teach you the ways of the Jedi?"

Sayn_Ta.jpg

A small craft exited Hyperspace, cruising down to dock with the Eternal Vigilance. Jedi Master Aryian Darkfire exited, and began wandering the insides of the large ship, searching for a few certain things.

First and foremost, he needed to find the Database held within the ship, it's library was comparable to the one on Coruscant, and it also dealt with current records, which Aryian hoped would include information on a particular person. If not...He'd just have to slice into some Imperial records again. Nothing he hadn't done, but he still hated doing it. Took up too much time and energy to cover his tracks in that system.

He finally found his way to the Library and sat down in a small study room with a few datapads, skimming through them and hoping to find mention of the kidnapper.

The other thing he was searching for, or rather person, he sensed was in a small room near the rear of the ship. Small tendrils of the force reached out to Orsi Moss, the young teen would certainly hear the whispers calling to him, expertly manipulated by Aryian's will.

Orsi...come here, Orsi...follow your instinct...

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

This calls for special measures...

In defiance of Norm Hassan's ordinarily mild temperament and Jedi discipline, the Jedi Adept's irritation towards the medical droid sharply rose at his most recent entrance. In some distant future, he was going to have a few words with the sadist in charge of procuring the Order's medical droids--they seemed to have ambitions in playing the role of an overprotective mother. In the immediate future, however, all Hassan desired was a moment of silence to teach Orsi.

"I've no doubt that Master Moss will only experience further injury," Norm Hassan's right hand formed a fist as he concentrated on the droid's breastplate. "Your actions have proven to be neglectory and irresponsible, and entrusting.... AAAAHH!!" Almost as though the droid had just been punched in its metal sternum by an invisible fist, a resounding crack issued from the flimsy alloy and the droid attempted to backpedal with its backward momentum. Taking the unsubtle hint, the medical droid wheeled around, still muttering resentful remarks under his breath.

Secretly guilty over how satisfying that felt, Norm Hassan returned his attention to Orsi. "I could teach you plenty, but...." A ripple in the Force caught the Jedi Adept's attention, and he quickly recognized it for what it was. "I think you'd best respond to that call."

drayyy.png