The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

"Well", said Scorpio,"my past is dark, and it caused a hungar for peace and redemption, which i am told, the Jedi are a peaceful forgiveing people. So i went to helix station, only to find it in rubble, so i flew to Coruscant, only to find it ruin as well, where i met a man named John Skywalker who told me to head to Mon Calamari, where i met Master Onderlin Starlisk, who told me of this training facilty here on Manaan, and this where i have been since".

Scorpio couldn't help but remember all the sith he had killed while seeking revenge for the death of his exiled Jedi Parents. Scorpio forced a grin onto his face, trying to forget his past. "Other than that, we're here swimming with the fishes", Scorpio said with a laugh, "so to speak".

Also, a Jedi Adept named Norm Hassan, and another Jedi Master are here, as well as another hopeful, Orsi. But to answer your question, I am here to learn the ways of the light, and the force, to become the great Jedi that my parents believed i will be".

My father always said i would do great things, mom being the sweethart that she is, told me, that my destiny was greater than any she had seen". Scorpio thought about his mother, and a tear rolled down his eye, which he tried to play off. "Is there anything else you wish to know Master Nom"?

John rose from the ground and began to respect the Jedi Master named Nom Anorus much more than he intended too. He was heartwarming something John needed at this particular moment for he was about to repeat his grave mistake and want for retribution to possibly the only man who could help him.

"I...am not a padawan Master...at least not yet...my story is a hard one to tell but if it is required of me I shall do it but I suggest we find a place to sit." John said quietly motioning toward the door to his left and they shuffled in finding seats accordingly.

"I was born on the planet of Ordo and raised under my father, a Mandalorian Protector and Lord of the planet. I lived a life of privilege and infinite power and began to crave that power beyond anything else. When I was about 16 I was told by a traveler that I possessed the infinite power of the Force and this sparked my interest and before I knew it I went off to join the Sith. From then on I was accepted as an Apprentice under the Dark Lord Dagon who had assigned me and my co-apprentice to fight each other to the death. Clearly I was the victor but the Dark Side polluted me and before I knew what I had done I had consumed the contents of the Man's head."

John shuddered upon this memory the regret for hjis actions streaming off of him more clearly then ever.

"Then we went to a planet I knew not where I and another apprentice Dagon deemed worthy were to accomplish a task which now it slips my mind but in the process I found myself among an outcast village and I was about to kill all those in my path when I saw an older man who was begging for his life from me. It was then I fled the planet, I fled the Sith...and sought to be forgiven...by the Jedi."

John hung his head about to faint from his recount of what led to his coming here. He felt as if the Jedi thought to abandon him his life would cease to exist. He had to be forgiven or else he would never be able to forgive himself.

"Eventually I ended up here upon Manaan and now seek out the Jedi who seem to have deserted this base except for you of course.

Nom's face contorted into a look of serene intrigue as he listened to the padawan's story. His parents were killed by Sith, which was slightly parrellel to Nom's own situation. He could remember the day when Coruscant fell, his own parents obliterated amoung the faceless thousands that were killed by Faust's hand. Faust was a Sith far beyong the conventional. His thoughts almost strayed from the padawan momentarily but he was able to return to the present.

Noticing the silent tear running down Scorpio's cheeck, the Jedi Master kept his gaze intent on the young man's eyes. "So why are you in search of peace and redemption I wonder?"

As Scorpio thought of that particular answer, the Jedi Master turned his attention to the other young apprentice before him.

"You're a Mandalorian Sith turned Jedi eh?" His facial expression suddenly turned from intrigue to slight amusment, as if John's story was an every day occurence. "I take it you already know a good bit about the Force then?"

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

"Because what i do remember about my parents, their selflessness, their love for life and the force, their peacefulness, is me, as my mother would have put it," Scorpio replied to Master Nom. "And, i could feel i was wrong, i knew it, although with every kill, my revenge got stronger, and stronger. The more, i killed, the more i could feel the memories of my parents dieing inside me", Scorpio stopped a moment then continued on.

Finally, after my last kill, i couldn't do it anymore, my cause felt wrong, my life felt wrong, i couldnt even stand to be with myself. So i came looking for the Jedi. My memories , my father's broken lightsaber, my mother's mysterious crystal, they are all i have left of them, and i refuse to lose them. Plus I was born from Jedi of the light, even though they were exiled, they were never dark, and it only seems right that i fight for their light and the Jedi.

Each of these people have spilled the blood of the innocent.... Nom couldn't help but notice the comparisons between the two people. "So what makes you people so sure redemption and forgiveness is that easy to achieve simply by becoming a Jedi? What is it you plan to do with this new found power of the Force?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Scorpio looked puzzled at the Jedi Master for a moment, and replied, "Exactly what my parents raised me to do, to help those in need, to live in the light of the force, and to defeat the very evil i was starting to become. That's the best way i can put it Master Nom" Scorpio said.

"You see, to me, the light is my life, i can not, and will not, learn no more about the darkness than what i already what learnt. And to me, that was a trial the force tested me with, to show me where i could fail, so i could learn from it".

John looked to the man feeling as if he was a great disappointment.

"During my brief time with the Sith I was only subdued to inhumane acts of slaughter never really using the force. I believe my master wanted to subdue me first to obtain my undying loyalty."

John felt now worse than he had throughout this entire conversation.

"I do not think redemption is simply becoming a Jedi. It is our actions that define who we are and if I am to be forgiven I must forgive myself and becoming a Jedi would be the first stepping stone along that path."

Scorpio looked at John, and could tell he was feeling bad. "Dont let it get you down, John, for mistakes that we learn from, only makes us better" Scorpio said to John with a grin on his face. Redemption is deserved by all who truely seek it" Scorpio said as he turned back to Master Nom.

Dashel listened to Master Arrmenia spoke, quietly absorbing what she said. Once she finished, he asked, ”œMaster, you mentioned a need to travel to Ilum. While I know well the gear necessary to survive on that wintry world, I do not know what additional tools will be necessary for the work we are about to undertake. Perhaps you would care to inspect my ships work areas to see what I need to acquire beyond standard Jedi needs before we leave?”

Nom smiled as the two young men preached to each other the acts of redemption like it was some kind of fairy tale, despite being knee deep in the very darkness that inspired that very concept. Yet the words Scorpio spoke seemed to stick out in his own mind. It was as if someone turned on a flashlight amid a nest of fog.

"Redemption is deserved by all who truly seek it...." Nom's thoughts continued to dwell over that sentence despite his facial expression revealing nothing. Did Nom Anorus truly believe that? The thought of Hephaestus or Kakuto Ryu suddenly finding the error in their ways seemed a bit of a stretch. Yet if those two suddenly begged Nom for their forgiveness, could he give it? The lines of grey painted over a spotless mind only seemed to illuminate the indecisive thought process within him. Years in the field wielding the Force at your hands can lead to more illusions of knowledge as opposed to truth than anyone felt possible. The only question was how would one tell the difference?

The only way to insure that these two would not return to the path they once knew was to train them in the ways of the Jedi. Without the discipline of the Jedi way, the two would find their on path to darkness, with or without formal training. He initially came to Manaan for the act of seclusion in order to hone his physical body. But maybe the Force had other intentions for his presence.

He looked at the two men before him, each in need of training. The Jedi Master had tried training two apprentices at once but found that task terribly inefficient. The only question was who would he take?

He thought for a moment, letting the silence between the three men ripple into a lasting moment of understanding free from the restraints of spoken words. John knew more of the Force than Scorpio, and he had delved into the darkside itself whist Scorpio had only fathomed it. John was already aware of dangers and pain while Scorpio still seemed to obtain an almost naive ignorance. To simply swear it off was to ask of ignorance to its dangers, which was far more dangerous than initially perceived. Scorpio needed to know and to learn if he would be able to combat it. But neither had scraped the surface of knowing the true Dark Side. Yet John slightly knew of it, and was aware of its dangers. It had to be Scorpio.

You want redemption Scorpio? Lets see if you are worthy of it...

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Scorpio looked at John and could tell he was diappointed, "Don't you worry John, a Master will soon come to teach you of the light, just wait and see" Scorpio said as he hurried off behind Master Nom. Scorpio had a sense of joy in him, finally he would learn the ways of the force, and the path of the light, following in his parents footsetps. Finally he will fullfill his parents wishes that he would succeed where they had failed.

But Scorpio couldn't shake the feeling of John's disappointment, so he stopped briefly and waved bye to John. "See you when we're knights, John" Scorpio said. He said goodbye to Orsi, Norm, and his other friends, as he turned the corner and once again took off after Master Nom.

Scorpio thought of what future the force might have for him, what peace he would find.Scorpio held his father's broken lightsaber firmly in his hand, in his bag, and said to himself, "Father, I will rebuild your lightsaber and make it my own when i become a knight, using mother's mysterious crystal".

After Scorpio finally caught up with Master Nom, he waitly quitely for Master Nom's next words.

John did not in fact look disappointed in any way regardless about what others said about him. He was calm and at peace, this Jedi did not wish him death nor did he say anything that could be regarded as his fate soon coming to him. No, Nom Anorus knew more than he was letting on but John would not inquire. He accepted the Master's decision the second it left his lips and thus he gave a quick bow before the Jedi Master before he spun out of view. Scorpio gave some quick words of wisdom and John smiled knowing the man only had his best intentions at heart for John.

"We will surely meet again Scorpio, it is inevitable" John said with a smirk plastered to his pale face. He had hoped he would be chosen or both would be chosen but it was of no big concern for the Mandalorian. Perhaps Nom Anorus is not the correct kind of Master for John anyhow? Perhaps John needs a Jedi Guardian to guide him in the more offensive ways of the Jedi. This is what John purely wanted after all. He had alwyas grown up using weapons and to be a Jedi Guardian would fit him perfectly.

John turned and moved about the ship until he found an empty room and closed the door, removed his armor and robe and curled up into bed getting some needed sleep.

"The equipment you need is fairly simple--the standard equipment for preparing lightsaber crystals will work fine, although you'll need to set the cutting blades to an extremely high frequency in order to cut some of the crystals that you might find. And..." Armiena winked at him. "I see you have your brain on you, so all you'll need are common materials... whatever you'll need to build what you're after.

"I've got extras of everything that I've used, so it's unlikely that you'll find yourself short." Unless Dashel had any more questions to bring to Armiena's attention, it was best that they departed to Ilum. The Jedi Master could teach some of the most basic theory in the warmth of the Eternal Vigilance, but that would be useless without actual guidance in the art of attuning the Ilum crystals to their full power.

In the sparring chamber, Orsi's question jerked his teacher out of an absentminded reverie. "That lady was Master Armiena Draygo... she's a bit of an engineer, and she's more than experienced enough to know that those blades of yours are no ordinary weapons. I can feel it as well--they gave off a subtle..." Norm Hassan searched for words, as he found it rather difficult to describe the extraordinary senses brought by Jedi training to one so young in the Force.

"They gave off a ripple in the Force when you were holding them. It's a bit difficult to detect unless you have an idea of what to search for, but you appeared rather attached to those weapons. May I ask how you came upon those?"

drayyy.png

"I hope you don't mind space travel," Nom said as he rounded a corner into the hanger. His frieghter sat shimmering, the last droplets of water relinquishing their grips on the lush metal exterior. Once the entrance ramp droped, the two Jedi made their way inside. The Jedi Master took seat in the pilots chair and motion for Scorpio to take a seat beside him.

"Before we take off, I am official taking you as my padawan learner. Training under me will be the hardest thing you have ever endured. You will be tested physically as well as emotionally. This is your chance to turn back now."

Nom proceeded to run his hands over the control board, launching the ship into life. He was ready to take off, and he would with or without Scropio.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Scorpio understood and acknowledged that he was wanting to train under Master Nom Anorus." No pain, no gain" Scorpio said with a grin. As Nom motioned Scorpio to the seat beside him, Scorpio looked puzzled." What about my ship, the Jade Scorpion"?

Nom was ready to take off, So Scorpio decided he would follow in his ship. "Where are we headed so I can set the coordiance in my ship's navigation"?, Scorpio said as he jumped into the cockpit and had R2D2 fire up the ship. He opened up the navigation controls and waited to punch in the coordiance for their destination.

Knowing that Dashel would be able to easily follow her ship through hyperspace, Armiena gave the Trianni Jedi a half-bow and turned to depart. Even if he faced a delay in leaving Manaan, the location of the Ilum crystal caverns was so well known that even a droid could follow the course.

"I have a few topics to discuss with my instructor while en route," Again, Armiena offered that sly, enigmatic smile. "I'll see you on Ilum." Without a further word, the Jedi Master strode towards the hangar and for the Ghost Breath, where X5-D9 was dutifully supervising a number of minor maintenance operations on the graceful gunship's sensor suite.

Watching the little astromech race to and fro to keep an eye on the considerably less intelligent maintenance droids, the Jedi Master couldn't help but smile ruefully. When Armiena was just a Jedi Hopeful and lost in a new galaxy far greater than herself, the pilot and astromech had clung to each other almost desperately. Now that she was a Master and had nigh-infinite demands on her time, Dine had somehow learned to changed himself into a more independent droid--a chieftain of droids even his organic counterpart was thrust into a more prominent role.

At that thought, Armiena just sighed as they took up their long-reserved positions in the cockpit. She had only grown more isolated as time passed and she grew in power.

When the Ghost Breath entered hyperspace and left Manaan behind, she had to resist the temptation to indulge in a stiff drink or three.

drayyy.png

Those crazy kids and their ships... Nom thought as he transfered the cooridinates to his apprentice. "We're heading to Tatooine. I hope you brought some sunscreen."

With that, the small switches and doo dads within Nom's ship sprang into a constant state of activation as the repulserlifts roared to life. The metallic vessel hovered slightly as the sublight engine engaged, bating the hanger in a faint blue light. After a moment of an almost faint flicker of psuedomotion, the ship was up in the air and into hyperspace.

((Go ahead and post us landing on Tatooine. You can either head straight there of go through the space thread. It doesn't really matter to me.))

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

"Tatooine?" Scorpio thought as Master Nom's ship came to life, lifted off, and jumped into hyperspace. "Im headed....home" Scorpio said to himself as his ship, Jade Scorpion came to life, preparing to lift off. With that, the hyperdrive powered up, and Scorpio hovered his ship into Manaan's airspace.

Scorpio hovered above Manaan for a bit, looking at the peaceful water planet once more before he left the planet. He wondered if he would see Orsi, John or Norm anymore, for he had grown fond of the three. Scorpio aslo tried to think of what he would be expecting on Tatooine. Would he run into his past once again, and what of the dream he had the night before. He didn't know what was instore for him, only that he was now on the path to become a Jedi. Only time would tell.

With that, Scorpio turned toward space, told R2D2 & HK to get set, and after they were set, kicked in the hyperdrive and bolted toward Tatooine at full speed.

((Ok, I will Nom, I'm just gonna go straight there))

OOC: Edited for content.

IC: "Yes, you may." Orsi said casualy, "They were my parent's blades, an inheritance one may say."

Orsi fought to keep his memories and emotions at bay, hidden deep underneath the snows of Hoth. He remembered the Empire boarding their small freighter, the blast as they tore through the airlock after grounding the vessel.

Most of all he remembered the screams as the white-armoured warriors flew across the ship, not knowing how his parents were able to be so strong. Orsi had hidden in one of the smuggling compartments, they had just delivered a load of supplies to a Republic cell so the compartments were empty.

He remembered crawling out of the compartment after what seemed like hours after the fight, blood and carbon scoring gave a sickening smell to the ship. He picked up his mother's blade, feeling somewhat calmer, then he picked up his father's blade, a rightous anger filling his soul.

"But what is the Force?" Orsi asked, trying to forget the memories that haunted his dreams.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Remember these principles my child

And you shall never be led astray.

"The Force is an energy that's generated by all living things," Norm Hassan replied instantly, having read this most basic of philosophy innumerable times. He was surprised that Orsi didn't know this, concerning the suspicious fascination with which the public generally treated the Jedi. "It even affects non-living objects. It's what gives a Jedi their extraordinary power--it can be used in unlimited ways, from the purely benevolent to the outright cruel.

"We call those capable of contacting it 'Force-Sensitive'. It's a rare gift, not one to be squandered." Now, the Jedi Adept's hazel eyes fixed directly on Orsi's. "I doubt that your coming here was a coincidence. Even with my meager skills, I can feel the potential you have."

drayyy.png

"Umm... Okay." Orsi replied, not realy knowing what to say.

His hands rested on his weapons and the voices filled his conciousness. The Force is strong here... full of hope The more feminine voice intoned and then the masculine voice Learn and become strong, my... Suddenly a great saddness filled Orsi, tearing at his will to remain strong. He raised his hands to his head, the voices stopped but the sadness still remained.

"Mr. Hassan," Orsi began, his voice trembling, "Make me strong."

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

Orsi's request was so simple, yet it entailed a lifetime of endless self-improvement and arduous training. In the eyes of any man with an ounce of wisdom, training only ended with death; life itself was intended to be a sequence of lessons and enhancements of the self. Norm Hassan was a firm believer in this philosophy, as were many of the Jedi. He only hoped that the Hopeful's beliefs ran parallel to his own.

"The Force is unimaginably powerful, and its use deserves only the most noble of intentions. Just a while ago, I taught you our Code, a form of self-discipline that we try to hold ourselves to. There is no..." Norm Hassan was in grave danger of preaching to Orsi about his personal interpretation of the Jedi Code, but he managed to stop himself before he risked boring the Hopeful to tears. Given the proper inspiration, the Jedi Adept could lecture about the Jedi Code for hours, along with parallels that it had in common with a number of philosophies all over the galaxy, but he sincerely doubted that Orsi wanted to be taught in that fashion. He paused for a moment to retrieve his train of thought.

"There can be greatness on this path that you are beginning, but also great responsibility and even great danger. I must ask you; is this what you truly desire?"

drayyy.png

"No man desires conflict, Mr. Hassan," Orsi replied, "So no, I do not desire the conlicts in my future. I never have and I never will, but I wont back down from them."

Orsi wondered if the Adept was testing him, but not knowing what kind of a test it was he could not help but answer truthfully. The questions also helped Orsi to lock away his emotions, focusing on the present rather than the past.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

John awoke from his rest completely content. The brisk light that came through the viewport made him very happy in a way that would be unkown to him...foreign, yet not hostile. Standing up, John knew something magnificent lay ahead in this day but he knew not what it was that it would soon just happen to him. Slipping into his armored robes John slipped passed the other rooms and made his way to the library to begin studying the Jedi Order. It would be necessary for him to become a promising pupil and a great Jedi.

The way to the onboard Jedi Library was uneventful, only a few other Hopefuls were wandering the halls aimlessly awaiting training, waved at him as he passed by. John waved back and soon found the door to the Library.

Better get cracking...

John entered the library and picked up the first holobook he found.

The Jedi Code - Old and New

"Well said." Norm nodded at Orsi's words, as his personal beliefs about violence seemed to mirror the Hopeful's. Although Hassan had little formal training in the traditional Master/Padawan pairing system, he was experienced enough to have built his own lightsaber. Even though he was quite competent in its use and wouldn't hesitate to use it in a deadly situation, the Adept absolutely loathed violence. Killing diminished the Force, and by implication drained the well of power that fueled the galaxy--but he was starting to sermonize to himself, he realized.

"Please, meditate with me." He sank to the ground in a comfortable meditation position, one specifically developed to not hinder the flow of blood during inactive hours of half-consciousness. Once the Hopeful mimmicked his pose, Norm closed his eyes and abandoned the conscious world for the blissful emptiness of meditation. In this state, time had little meaning for him; there was only the Force and his thoughts... and therefore, all was well.

"I've taught you about the Jedi Code and the foundation of Jedi ethics..." In meditation, Norm's voice seemed to take on a buzzing, almost hypnotic quality. "However, technique makes a Jedi as much as its use. One cannot be a Jedi without being able to contact the Force." In a only slightly relevant tangent, his floating consciousness came to rest on the subject of the ysalamir and its unusual abilities, but he jerked himself back to the lesson.

The Force is... responsibility... glory, pride. If Norm Hassan's thoughts could have taken a distinct form as his consciousness gently touched Orsi's, they would have formed into these words. With it as your ally, there is no impossible, there is only the Force.

Offering Orsi a mental word of reassurance, he cajoled him to cast away his self-consciousness and doubt in exchange for the Force. A fair trade, he reflected, as he urged him to abandon his self-imposed cage for a larger world.

drayyy.png

"Okay," Orsi replied when Norm asked him to sit and meditate. Orsi ruefully remembered his parent's meditating, but he being forbidden from doing so.

Orsi sat in the same position that Norm was in, wondering what exactly he was supposed to be doing. He tried clearing his mind, but found that doing that allowed the voices to start clawing their way into him. He fought the voices emenating from his blades.

"I've taught you about the Jedi Code and the foundation of Jedi ethics..." In meditation, Norm's voice seemed to take on a buzzing, almost hypnotic quality. "However, technique makes a Jedi as much as its use. One cannot be a Jedi without being able to contact the Force."

"But Mr. Hassan... I don't know how," Orsi replied, somewhat worried when he began hearing Norm's voice in his head. Then a great thing happened to him, he felt the walls of his mind buckle and break. The conciousness of the universe flowing into him, he felt the presence of his parents with him, felt Norm and his steady and calm breathing.

In the end, Orsi was laying on the ground, weeping from the terrible emensity of it. He finaly cried, a worlds worth of pain was still trapped in him. He had never before cried for his parents, his friends, the innocent, or himself. Now he felt the pain well inside of him, it filled his senses.

In this quickening Orsi felt the presence of his mother and father distinctly from the crystals attached to the hilts of his blades. He felt them try to comfort him but knew as they knew that his pain was emense, too much to handle at once.

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

"Emperor's black bones..." Norm Hassan caught himself in the middle of a curse when he sensed Orsi's reaction to opening up to the Force for the first time. The Jedi Adept was at a loss for words; he remembered his first contact with the Force to be a joyous moment, and from what he had heard from other Jedi Hopefuls, they experienced pure serenity, utter joy, or as one ranking member described it, it felt as though she had "eaten an entire vine-caf plantation, thrantas and all!"

His student's reaction, that of such tremendous pain that he was sprawled on the ground, weeping from its immensity, stunned him to the effect that Hassan withdrew his consciousness from meditation.

In one smooth motion, he rose to his feet and knelt beside Orsi, hazel eyes full of concern. Norm briefly considered using a simple technique to relieve his pain, but dismissed that possibly disastrous idea in the light of the Hopeful's reaction to contacting the Force.

"Orsi..." Norm was no Healer; he had little idea how to tend to something like this. "Are you alright?" He sincerely doubted that this was so, judging from the currents in the Force flowing around his body, but he needed to know that his teacher was at his side, ready and positively itching to help.

drayyy.png

For the first time in Orsi's life he knew that he was part of something larger than himself, and that in the dark forboding future layed a terrible purpose for him.

Orsi clenched his fists, banging against the durasteel hull. He welcomed the pain that he felt as the bones began to fracture. He focused on the physical pain, but found that he could not forget the emense sadness that lay within him.

With a flash of memory, Orsi remembered once having a pet Kath hound. He and the dog were best friends, the dog being his playmate for long hyperspace journeys. Then one day the dog got stung by an insect on Tatooine, and died a few hours later. Orsi ran into the dunes that day, uncaring of his parents warnings of the sand people or other dangers. The child ran for hours, for what seemed like days through the bleariness of his tears.

He remembered hearing his mother run after him but his father holding her back. Telling her, "Let him go, he needs time. I will follow him my love."

Three days later, Orsi was lost in the deep desert. The child did not know how much longer he could go on, then the sand people came. Orsi did not have the strength to run as they approached him. Then, suddenly, a flash of red seemed to leap in amongst them. Many of the warriors fell dead in their tracks and more fell to the bright crimson blade.

When his father was done with the mob of sandpeople Orsi was crying on the sands. The reproachful look of his father made the child want to die, made the child wish that the sandpeople had taken him. The once Sith turned off his crimson lightsaber, "My son, remember this lessen well: You can always run from your pain, but you will tire before it does."

As Orsi was having this flash of memory the red crystal on one of his daggers pulsed, allowing Norm to witness and feel all the things that Orsi felt.

"Mister Hassan?" Orsi called weakly, knowing that to be whole he had to face his pain, not run. "I am sorry for my weakness." Orsi's hands ached, "I might need to go to the medical bay."

Duty subdues Instinct

Grace repels Darkness

Law smothers Anarchy

Reason exposes Deception

Truth tempers Fanaticism

((Sorry. I blame... ehh... school. That's it.))

When Norm Hassan noticed the squeamish angle at which Orsi held his wrists, the Jedi Adept's face began to drain of color. Orsi had not only experienced incredible discomfort at contacting the Force for the first time, but he had managed to physically hurt himself while sprawled on the floor. There was no mistake, he was suffering from fractured wrists, but Hassan knew relatively little about healing.

"No arguments here, Orsi. Take it easy..." One of the Jedi Adept's glaring graps in his knowledge was certainly rearing its ugly head now; he knew almost nothing about healing. He didn't even know much about basic first aid, so he felt as lost as a Calamari demonsquid on Tatooine in this uncomfortable moment. "Don't move those hands if you can help it."

He help him to his feet, calling on a simple technique to dull his pain--that was effectively the extent of his knowledge in this subject. Hopefully, he would at least be able to guide Orsi to the med station and to the attention of the much more competent medical droids without any more incidents.

drayyy.png