The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

The sound of the door opening didn't startle Darla. She was glad of the company who ever it might be. She sat upright on bed ready to greet her visitor. Ready to speak to someone, ready to do anything to take her mind away from the horror of what she knew lay within the box that now rested on the floor.

She heard the voice of K'munee and was glad that it was him. Surely he would be able to offer her some advice.

"Please do come in. I'm not alright, not at all. I'd finally stopped grieving Fynn, I'd finally found some peace and accepted his death...and now this." Darla pointed to the box on the floor. I haven't opened it, but I can tell what's inside. It came with this."

Darla handed K'munee the note to read.

"They're trying to get to me. But I wont let them. They won't break me. They never could. It just sickens me and disgusts me that any being would be capable of this....It's....It's Fynn's genitals in the box. I saw inside through the force. I was once in love with the Dark Lord and when I turned away from him...well, he thinks Fynn was my lover. The truth is neither of them were. This is just absurd."

Darla was upset and sickened, but there was little she could do at the moment. She kept relatively calm. Control was key. The Sith wanted to break her, either to return her to him or to destroy her. She would give him no such satisfaction.

Rannrsig.jpg

*K'munee entered the room. Darla was sitting on the bed and it appeared as though she had been crying, due to the tone of her voice and the glassy look in her eyes. Darla had began explaining what was troubling her, when she passed him a note and pointed to a small box that was on the floor, in the walkway leading to the refresher. He read the note as Darla recounts the tale of her hardships and struggles. The pain she was feeling was evident in her voice, though strong currents of regret nearly overshadowed the initial emotion.*

*K'munee finished the note and began walking over to the box on the floor to inspect it, when she stopped him. She told him about its' contents, causing him to cringe at the thought of such a brutal act.*

"You are very wise Darla. The tactics used by the Dark Lords of Sith are brutal and meant to demoralize your spirit. They seek to corrupt you, by tainting you. That taint is a dark mark on your soul that stays with you forever. If you do not learn to control it, the mark will grow like a cancer and consume you." He said, as he sat down on the bed next to her.

"I have carried the mark on my soul for most of my adult life. And I have learned that there are alternatives to giving in to despair. I had to learn to control the impulses that made me want to kill and maim to appease my vanity. Vanity is defined as, inflated pride in one's self or one's appearance. Your appearance used to be that of a capable Jedi and a reliable friend, but I sense you have shed that image. This dilemma you are dealing with is a test of your vanity, Jedi Darla."

The death of Fynn is a blemish on your perceived self, because he was someone you cared for, but was powerless to save. You felt like you should have been there to help him, fight with him and die with him. The Dark Lord has robbed you of you sense of self worth and made you pitiful. The truth is you want to control fate, but fate cannot be controlled. Do you understand what I am telling you?" K'munee asked, making sure she could comprehend the message in his words.

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

-- An urgent marked encrypted comm comes in for both Darla and for K'munee --

I have grave news that you need to be made aware of.

Vladimir Faust has the information that Manaan is the location of a Jedi base. The Eternal Vigilance has many defenses, I implore you to either activate them to disguise the actual location or to evacuate the base for a safer one. Faust has stated he will be sending a legion of Imperial troops to both locations. Aracoun I feel will look after itself, but I am concerned for the base at Manaan. It has become my second home and I would hate for anything to happen to it or to any of you.

I am with Master Ara-Lai Kaipi. Faust had a bugging device implanted within her eyes. He had removed them a second time during her torture. We are about to remedy that fact but the fact remains that the Eternal Vigilance and Aracoun have been compromised. Please inform the rest of the Jedi Council of this fact.

Please take care and stay safe.

Master Skye Organa.

Healer

-- end comm --

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"I understand, I spoke to you about this because I value your advice. Restraint has always been a difficult task for me, but I belief I'm finally beginning to Master it..."

Darla's sentance was cut short by a beeping coming from both hers and K'munee's comms. The message was coded as urgent so she quickly listenined to it.

Dam Faust!

"I'm not going to let anyone hurt Nivana, nor am I going to thrust her into a fight that she's not ready for like I was. I think it's best to leave. Will you join me or stay to defend the base? There's only a few of us here, it's seems suicidal to me that we stay to fight a whole legion."

Darla had come to far, she was going toend up being slaughtered like Fynn was...Not again. Faust had killed the orignal Darla. Thinking about her reminded her that she was a clone. Now she had a reason to stay alive, she had someone to pass her knowledge on to, someone to protect.

Rannrsig.jpg

The walls seemed to scream out to Nom. There was something about this place. He had been here before, he was sure of it. Perhaps one of the Jedi could fill him in on his situation. After rounding another corner, the Jedi Master came to a large open space with furniture and the like. It must have been a common room of some kind.

He took a seat on one of the many couches spread throughout the room. It was a nice feeling to sit in a couch. The Jedi Master chuckled to himself as he thought about his previous exploits on Mechis III. That place really did need some couches.

A serving droid came into the room carrying a tray of drinks. It looked like Nom's presence was finally known to whoever was here.

"Would you like a drink Master Jedi?"

Nom was in no hurray considering what had just happened. "Sure, just give me a jawa juice. Thanks." During any other circumstance, Nom would get up and continue the search for someone in charge. Yet he was feeling quite relaxed and was up to some pampering.

The Jedi Master lightly sipped his drink as he waited patiently for someone to arrive. He let the freshness slid down his throat, washing away even more tension.

The Jedi should really think about getting more couches, Nom thought with a sigh.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

*K'munee said nothing after receiving the comm transmission from Skye. Darla however, seemed to immediately start to panic over the recent news. Whoever this Faust was, he seemed to inspire fear with just the mention of his name. He made a mental note to himself to further investigate who the major players where in the current incarnation of the Sith.*

"Aren't we safe here? I mean, this vessel is in constant motion and at depths that render arial bombardment obsolete. I think you are over reacting Darla." He said trying to reassure her.

*An image instantly flashed through his mind from Darla after he finished his prior statement. The image was of Nivana smiling. It was clear that Darla was concerned for her padawan's well being.*

Sometimes you have to think of others, instead of yourself.

"Your concerns are not without merit. The siege on Coruscant is proof of that. The Sith have become bold in their attacks. I fear if we continue running from them, we will never stop running."

"Pack your things and inform Niv of the situation. I will go and reprogram the auto defenses of the Eternal Vigilance to fire upon all ships not transmitting under an established Jedi transponder signal. We will meet up in the hangar in three hours."

*DJK ran exited Darla's room, heading for the command bridge of the ship. On his way to the turbo lift, he could have sworn he heard voices as he approached the area near the common room. He slowed his pace, to dampen the sound of his boot steps on the polished floors. According to his memory there were only four beings on board the ship, well three since master Organa left. Peeking around the corner, he could see someone sitting on the couch being served by a droid. The Jedi master abandoned his attempts at being silent, loudly clearing his throat as he approached the stranger.*

"Who are you and how did you get in here?" He said looking the entire common room, over for more hidden surprises.

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

It was little more then a presence at first...something felt but not heard, a gentle whisper flowing on ones ear. It got stronger...condensed...finally it was heard. A voice, a calm unyeilding but undeniable strings of sounds that was a voice.

"Darla..."

"Darla......"

"Darla!" The voice called and finally exclaimed. As the voice got her attention she could be excused for being suprised.

"I need you," The voice had a figure now, "I can't stay like this much longer...I'm beginning to fade...you must hurry." The voice said with a multitonal quality that was odd. Fynn's face was visible now. "If you want to help ME...clone...you have what you need. I don't want...gone...you must...trust me." The voice got more erratic as the sound and vibration in his voice fadded. His form changed, grew more disperesed, angrier. It lasted for just a few seconds more...but then the voice faded and sputtered, like a sun slowly being consumed by a blackhole.

------

Moments later on another side of the complex near Nivana, a small speck of light spiraled from the ceiling. If not for her training, the light would have been missed the padawan. As it was it caught her attention. It danced like a spark without a source around her. Suddenly the small speck of light lept into the air and burst in a hundered directions. A smaller specks of light fell to the floor several of the specks absorbed into the lightsaber, which began to spark as if it were being turned off an on in rapid succession. Nivana pulled the saber off her waist and watched as the blade came on by itself. In the vibrations of the viridian colored saber, a voice could be heard.

"Don't listen...Kern...it's not fair...listen to the force...can't be seen...not strong enough." The voice was gone as quickly as it came. The sprites of light all dissapeared and the saber shut itself off. One last sprite danced in front of Nivana, and then shot straight into through her, leaving a feeling...an imprint of thought that could not be misunderstood.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

That was faster than I thought, Nom thought as he forced himself off the couch. He had just gotten comfortable. The Jedi before him seemed to be the one in charge, yet Nom had not met him before.

He downed the last drop of his jawa juice before extending a hand.

The name's Nom Anorus, I was cloned here it seems. Is this the base of the Internal Affairs department?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

K'munee shook his hand reluctantly, while reading his eyes to see is there was any sign of deception. The stranger's hand had an odd texture to it, similar to a new born baby's skin, smooth and unblemished. He had never encountered a newly cloned subject before, but in times were the Sith were dominating the Jedi on their on fronts across the galaxy, he knew it would not be the last. He retracts his hand from the greeting gesture, rubbing his fingers over the meaty portion of his palm to get that odd feeling off his skin.

"Nom Anorus, you say? Yes this....or was the base of operations for Internal Affairs. Recent events have led us to the realization of a coming invasion, spearheaded by a being known as Vladamir Faust."

On his personal data pad, K'munee keyed in his secure access code calling up the roster for his section. At the bottom of the list was Nom Anor's name and rank as Jedi Master. With the man's identity confirmed, he let his guard down a notch.

"It is good to have another member here. There is another aboard this vessel, a Jedi knight named Darla. I.A. is charged with ensuring base security at all Jedi facilities and keeping tabs on all Jedi teetering on the brink or that have recently crossed over to the dark side. Once confronted, it will be up to you to decide whether the Jedi in question is a threat to the order, then subdue or eliminate them. Since you are a ranking master, you shall be my second in command." He said.

For a moment, K'munee had a feeling of being light headed, then it quickly subsided. Rubbing his temple with his fingers to alleviate the feeling, he figured out what had happened. The Eternal Vigilance was beginning to ascend to the surface of the ocean.

"I don't mean to be bossy, but you need to collect your things and wait for me in the hangar. There is something I got to do before we depart. A part of our mission statement." He said, patting the other Jedi on the shoulder before running past him.

K'munee reached the command deck, finding himself some what overwhelmed by the layout of the input consoles. On of the droid on deck helped him with programing the desired specs for the ship's primary protocols. As of now, any ship that does not carry a registered Jedi transponder the enters the lower atmosphere and comes with 20 miles of the ship's location, will be targeted and fired upon.

"Confirm last directive computer."

Authorization code 4, under Jedi master K'munee has been implemented. Directive confirmed.

The Eternal Vigilance was secure now. He left the command deck, heading for the hangar and the rest of the group.

293az4x.jpg

Manaan had always been a peaceful planet. A perfect place for the Jedi to call home, while training. But it seemed while the Jedi thought it an ideal home, their existance upon the planet seemed to always bring war with it. But it would seem these wars were part of a cycle through which the planet grew stronger. But alas, strength only went so far.

From deep within space, a small Jedi Interceptor sped toward the Eternal Vigilance. Sending an old Jedi signal toward the base, the pilot made his way towards a small hangar. As he entered the hangar he shut off his Force presence, effectively cloaking his identity. Drawing his robe tight around himself, he made his way towards a larger hangar. As he entered the hangar he could feel the presence of a familiar Jedi. Reaching towards his belt, he wraps his fingers around the cool cyclinder that was his lightsaber. Gathering the Force beneath himself, he leapt towards the older man. Igniting the sapphire blade in midair, he dropped in front of the older Jedi, ansd began a viscous assault.

Azrael.gif

Evil is done without effort, naturally, it is the working of fate; good is always the product of an art.

*The windows or porthole in the corridors leading to the hangar, blurred as K'munee sped by them. With the aid of the force, his heart rate had increased beyond peak human levels, allowing more blood and oxygen to be pumped through his body to compensate for his speed.*

*The entryway for the hangar was around the next corner. Rounding that final corner, his nose caught on to something odd. The hangar usually had a damp smell, combined with the fumes from the refueling modules. That smell had been replaced temporarily with a fresh gust of sea air, followed by a cool breeze.*

*DJK was still moving with force speed, as he entered the hangar. His head moving from left to right as he rapidly scanned the surroundings for the rest of the group. There was no one in sight. But wait! The sound as something moving above his head. When he looked up he saw a figure drop down upon him with a sapphire colored lightsaber blade. The Jedi master tried to halt his approach, but his force speed combined with the damp floors, caused him to slide uncontrollably toward his attacker. The attacker's blade hit a puddle on the hangar floors in front of him, casting its' blue glow across his face and body, turning the water instantly to vapor. The attacker had landed in a crouched position. K'munee slid then step up on the attacker's thigh and kicked off his chest, propelling the jedi master in the opposite direction. K'munee lands crouched, his body poised for defense with his lightsaber hilt in his hand, at the ready.*

That explains the sea air and mist I felt upon entering the hangar. But how this attacker got in was a mystery. Only Jedi were allowed in.....No. He knew his job wasn't popular among other Jedi but had they become so bold, to preemptively strike out against him?

"No! I cannot accept that!" He said to himself.

*The attacker wasted no time in launching a follow up attack. His blue blade came slashed at DJK, horizontally. The slash was intended to separate the top half from the bottom, but K'munee through his midsection backwards, away from the attack. He felt the heat of the blade's near hit on his stomach. K'munee counter attacked by sending a powerful force push at his attacker, forcing him backwards.*

293az4x.jpg

Nom remained where he was as K'munee left the room. Manaan...

That very thought sent memories whirling back to his mind. This was where he was first knighted, brought fully into the ranks of the Jedi, all those years ago. Aboard this ship, was the last time he had ever seen his Master, Mathis qui Gon. Was he even still alive? Nom could only think as he slowly meandered his way to the hanger. He had been told to gather his possessions, yet everything he owned was either attached to his belt, or hidden somewhere unseen in the contours of his robes.

The Jedi Master was taking his time, at least until the Force had told him differently. Images of DJK clashing lightsabers with an unknown figure flashed through his head carried on the wings of the Force. The Jedi Master instinctively took off towards the hanger, using the Force to direct as well as propel him.

Nom reached the hanger within moments, jade green lightsaber already raised and ignited. The blade shimmered softly, almost peacefully in contrast to the war torn lightsabers in front of him, whirling in a dance of destruction. The Jedi Master raced to a safe distance, yet easily covered if need be. DJK seemed to be handling things on his own, yet a simple motion or signal was all that was needed for him to gain an extra lightsaber on his side.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Darla was shocked, stunned even, by the arrival of Fynn's ghost. It seemed that the spectre of Fynn wanted to return and he was right, Darla had the means to bring him back. Although Fynn's dismembered manhood was a grisly gift from her old love, meant to break her, some good could still come out of it. Darla had found peace in the force when she had died. Returning to the land of the living had been painful, traumatic and unwanted. But after her rebirth, her true rebirth she had realised that there was a reason she had returned. There was still a lot of good she could do.

Resurrecting Fynn could surely bring nothing but good. He was the purest soul that she had ever met. He was valiant and trust worthy. But Darla knew that the cloning process could be corrupted. The knew Fynn would never be the same as the old...

I have to try though....

After changing back into her own clothes, Darla gathered up the rest of her belongings, including her 'gift' and went in search of her padawan. She found Nivana in one of the mess halls.

"It's not safe here anymore." She told Niv urgently. "Gather up your stuff, I think we're going to be leaving soon."

She waited for Niv to get up the followed her, waiting outside her room, not wanting to be too far away from her apprentice.

The idea of Faust harming her in anyway was unthinkable. She knew that it was something she could never bounce back from. All that would be left would be a monster intent on bloody revenge. But Darla would do everything in her power to protect Nivana, even give her own life in exchange.

You don't get to kill this one Faust...Not like you killed me...

Rannrsig.jpg

The Force had become strong in the young Jedi. It could be felt by all those in the room, as he fought against his old master. The Force itself seemed to course through his veins instead of the blood that pumped through the warriors heart. His knowledge of the Force had increased as well as his knowledge of the galaxy. He had learned things about the cultures of species past and present. Beneath his black robes he wore the cermonial armor of host of parasitical creatures long lost. During his studies he had not yet uncovered their name, but that was unimportant. He knew their traditions and their customs, and more than that, he had learned their fighting styles.

Dropping to his knees, Azrael planted a hand on the ground and launched a wave of Force energy straight down. Not strong enough to punch through the durasteel flor, the young Jedi was propelled into the air. Twisting his body sideways and launching himself towards DJK. Stretching himself out, blade first, he began to pull concentrated force energy itno his hand. Although not deadly in its intent, he knew it would provicde a fantastic lights show for his former master.

Azrael.gif

Evil is done without effort, naturally, it is the working of fate; good is always the product of an art.

Nivana obediently followed Darla. Though anxious to tell her what had happened in the mess hall Niv decided that it could wait. A tinge of doom was stalking at the outskirts of her senses so she only trailed behind Darla in silence.

*Their was something familiar about the fighting style of his attacker. DJK had no trouble analyzing and the countering him, move for move. It was hard for him to focus on anything outside of the current situation due to submission to the will of the force to control and guide his movements. His attacker avoided his force push by using one of his own against the floor to propel himself up and over.*

*The attacker managed to twist his body in the air and launch himself at K'munee with his blue lightsaber blade acting as a spear tip. K'munee held his lightsaber hilt firmly in his right hand, thrusting his left hand out in a halting manner, summoning the force and stopping his attacker in mid air. The blue blade froze a few centimeters from the meaty part of the Jedi master's palm. He followed up by switching on his yellow blade and batting the blue blade hard and to the left, then released his hold on the attacker who's body was suspended horizontally in the air. He quickly dissolved his yellow blade as he trained himself to do after mastering the lost art of Trakata. The attacker recovered from the sudden drop, landing on the palms of his hands, though losing his grip on his won lightsaber as it rolled behind a crate. K'munee moved in kicking his arms out from beneath him, then dropped his saber hand down upon his attacker's head, using the weight of his lightsaber hilt to add to the effect. The attacker's head bounced as it struck the durasteel surface of the hangar floor and then he lay still.*

*DJK turned him over, then pinned him to the ground beneath the weight of his knees on the forearms of his helpless attacker. Holding the attacker's throat with his free hand, he held his lightsaber at an angle intent to pierce the his skull between his eyebrows with his yellow blade of justice. Thumbing the activater switch cast a yellow light over the man he was prepared to kill, giving him his first glance of who he was fighting. On the ground before him lay the pale pupiless eyes of a young man that had once been his padawan learner. He loosened his hold upon his throat as he muttered a name and a question......*

"Azrael?"

293az4x.jpg

Darla could sense danger ahead, but she could also sense K'munee's presence and was sure that whatever was happening he had it under control. She was sure it wasn't Faust, she would have known if Faust had attacked.

As soon as Nivana had packed Darla led her to the hanger bay. She looked at her apprentice proudly, Nivana had come such a long way since Darla had met her.

"I'm really pleased with your progress Niv. I think that you could be knighted soon. When we see Master K'munee I'm going to ask him if he'd perform your trials. We could do a little bit more training before, but I think you'll be ready very soon. How do you feel about it?"

Rannrsig.jpg

A smile graced the face of the young Jedi Knight. The closeness of the intense beam of energy seemed to do nothing to cause fear in the warrior. He knew his destiny did not involve death, well not yet. Without even accessing his vast Force potential he could tell suprise lingered on the face of the older Jedi. Suprise not to see his former apprentice but suprised that an old friend had attacked him. Deciding to stretch out with the Force, Azrael probes K'munees mind searching for recent events.

"Although some of your decisions will go against my personal ideals Masters, I would not wish your death. And even if I did, I would not want your blood on my hands. You taught me all I know."

Rising to his feet, the young Jedi stretches out, sensing another Knight within the room. using his gift of Force-sight, Azrael could see the mans lightsaber in his hands and ignited. Clasping K'munees shoulder in his hand, Azrael spoke to the ready and able warrior.

"Fear not my friend. For although he may appear old on the outside. His heart and strength rival that of the gods."

Returning his face to a serious manner, he spoke to his master in a gravely voice. Although his eyes bore no expression, one could almost read the matters in his eyes and see the tint of fear.

"Master. There is a matter of serious importance I must discuss with you in private. My life is in danger and unless you help me, I fear my guidance may not reach those who need it."

Azrael.gif

There came a bit of a lull in the tension that had previously draped across the Eternal Vigilance. Nivana relaxed a bit.

She honestly didn't know how to respond to the idea of possible knighthood. Nivana glanced away from Darla and smiled. She'd seen and learned and suffered much since first contact with Fynn. Her smile faded and her golden eyes sought out her master.

"More training is fine by me." Niv said as her hand sought out Fynn's saber. It still hung upon her hip. Her fingers silently drummed along the length of it. "I do look forward to being knighted but I am in no rush."

She looked down at the saber that she fiddled with. Niv drew in a breath to steady her nerves and to find the words to explain what had happened earlier. "Darla...I think I felt Fynn. Back in the mess hall. There was a shower of sparks, his lightsaber ignited on it's own..."

With solomn eyes, Nivana glanced back at Darla. She hoped her words wouldn't offend the other woman. "Is it possible...that he's here with us somehow?"

She secretly hoped that Darla's answer would be yes. The confirmation that Fynn might be lingering in their midst would surpass any joy she had ever known. If Fynn were still with them, perhaps there was a means to contact him...

*K'munee had unconsciously clipped his lightsaber hilt to his belt, motioning for Nom Anor to lower his weapon. Azrael's request and sudden appearance brought up some serious questions in his head. All of which the Jedi master planned to have answered before the day's end. Reaching out with the force through his right hand, DJK called Azrael's lightsaber to his hand from behind the crate where it had rolled away after he fell. He placed the Lightsaber back into the hands of old padawan.*

"I strongly agree. We do need to talk."

*K'munee led Azrael into the cargo hold of his ship, the Avenger. Inside K'munee stood with his arms crossed over his chest. The look in his eyes was not one you would usually see in the eyes of a Jedi master recently reunited with a former student. He was pissed off and somewhat shaken by the attack. The look of a question was carved in stone on his face.*

"Explain yourself Azrael."

293az4x.jpg

"He is among us...I felt him too."

Darla wasn't sure if she should explain the rest of what had happened to Nivana. She didnt want to get the young woman's hopes up, up at the same time she didn't want to keep things from her.

"Fynn wants to come back to us. He wants to return from the force and become flesh and blood again. His ghost appeared to me and asked me to clone him. He said he didn't have much time...I guess he meant he didnt have much time until he completely fades away into the force. I wasn't sure what to do about it. I was sent a gift, it was from Dagon, he was just trying to get back at me...for things I've done in the past. The gift was a frozen body part of Fynn's. We could use it to clone him. I'm not sure how to go about it. I thought it was best to speak to Skye. What do you think?"

Rannrsig.jpg

"Well done Fynn, once your cloned the new body will be all mine..." Kern said as he stood on a pricepice above a black plane. Several thunder claps rolled in the distance.

"Not bloody likely Kern, you'll never leave this place." Fynn said as stood a short distane from his estranged brother. "Stop fighting me Fynn, its senseless...I'm stronger here."

"You're only a strong here as I let you be, and I won't let you conquer me or hurt them." Fynn said sternly. "You're really starting to bug me you know that...its a good thing I need your essence to stick around a little longer or else I would have let us fall into nothing..." Kern said with a brutal smile.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Although Azrael had been robbed of his sight by the natural world years ago, he had long since found a better way to see the world. Through the training of Master Skye Organa and Master K'munee, he had learned how to access an unique ability within himself that few others had mastered. It was known as Foce sight. Through it he could see the world through the eyes of the Force, and it appeared to him exactly as it would to another with the gift of sight. The only difference was the coloration. To him the world was slightly blue, and he could see the Force aura that surrounded people.

As he turned this gift upon his former master, he could see a look of anger and bewilderment upon his face. Although there were many reasons that these looks could be on his face, Azrael could guess just one. Although to someone not in his position the attack would have looked real and meant to destroy the elder Jedi, Azrael knew his true strength and how he had fought K'munee did not evencome close.

"Master, once again I apologize for the attack. It was necessary to determine if your strength had diminished in my absence. If your power had been lessened I would have needed to find another for help. And now I believe it is time to tell you why."

Taking a seat on a crate inthe back of K'munees ship, he removed his robe fully revealing the strange armor he wore. Although it looked new, it bore symbols that no archeologist in the galaxy could read.

"A couple of months ago, I decided to fly into the Unknown Regions to increase my knowledge of the Force. After months of flying blind, pardon the pun, I found a small moon that seemed to be able to support life. Adjusting my course, I made my way towards the planet. Upon landing I found that the planet was habitable but uninhabited. There were giant cities constructed in a way that gave away superior technology. These guys were very far ahead of us in technology. They had found cures for disease we find lethal. Being the inquisitve guy I am, I decided to stay and keep researching about this species, and see if I could find their history. Unfortunately I did."

Upon saying this statement, the young warrior stood up and walked around. Running his hand through his hair and turned backto K'munee and spoke in a low voice.

"After several days I found I was beginning to understand their writing. Almost as if I was learning it. But with noone there to teach me, I found that strange. But I decided to go with it and learn all I could. But after finding out why I wished I had not stayed. I had become infected with a disease that was lethal to them. It was the disease that had killed them off. But luckily they had found a means to stay alive. And it is this reason that I have come to you."

"It is because of this process that I believe these people may very well be the ancestors of ther Khommites. They used science and what they believed to be a prayer to create a full grown body. Except I believe the parayer they used was in fact their way of communing with the Force. Through this "prayer" they managed to keep the midichlorians inside the body dormant, so as the body could not achieve actual life. Once the body was created, they used the Force once again to transport the soul of sick into this body, which thereby activated the midichlorians."

"I know it sounds very wild and like a work of fiction, but it is true."

Crossing his arms across his chest, Azrael turned to his former Master and waited to see what the elder Jedi would say.

Azrael.gif

Nom could only look on as the old apprentice of his commanding officer revealed himself. It was certainly a creative way to reunite with an old friend, that was for sure. The situation pressed no further danger, allowing the Jedi Master to deactivate his lightsaber. The room suddenly went silent as the constant thrumming suddenly disappeared. Nom still hadn't a clue what was going on. He was told to meet in the hanger regardless of DJK's prodigal apprentice.

As the two other Jedi made their way into the confines of the coucil member's ship, Nom could only wait outside. Trying to make himself comfortable by leaning against a vacant frieghter, the Jedi Master's mind began to slip back to the events of Mechis III. Why did his apprentice show up there in the first place? Was his apparent struggle within himself just an act to stall for time until the Dark Lord arrived? There was no way Nom could find out. Something within him told him he would be facing his fallen padawan once more, with lightsabers. The hangar hummed in an eerie silence as the lone figure within continued to silently await what DJK had in store.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nivana felt a surge of elation unravel and wind through her body... until she learned of the gift Dagon had sent to Darla. Her hands balled into fists, her teeth clenched and her stomach turned at the thought of someone dismembering Fynn and mailing bits of him about the galaxy.

She trampled back the anger that was beginning to squirm in the pit of her stomach.

"I think..." Niv began then stopped.

She wasn't sure what to think. It would be wonderful to have Fynn back but would he be the same man she admired or would he be a completely different person?

"I think... that if we've been presented the opportunity to bring back Fynn, we should. And as soon as possible. Especially if his essence is fading further away from us..."

Nivana looked past Darla.

"But I don't know anything about cloning. I wouldn't know where to begin."

She closed her eyes and swallowed hard before letting the next words escape her lips. "It is your gift. Whatever you decided to do with it is absolutely fine with me. I trust you'll do what's best."

"Wouldn't know where to start either. I've never cloned anyone before. I would have never thought about it myself if Fynn hadn't asked me to do it. I was cloned...You're never the same afterwards. I'm a little worried how it will affect him. But he wants to come back, the difference is I didnt...I was happy being dead, being one with the force...It's peaceful you know..."

Darla realised that she had gone completely off on a tangent.

"But you're right, if there's a chance that we can get Fynn back we should take it. I had comm from Skye saying that it wasn't safe for us here anymore. I'll find out where she is and then we can go to her. She'll know what to do."

An encrypted comm was sent to Skye's private comm frequency.

Rannrsig.jpg

-- An encrypted comm comes in for Darla from an unexpected source --

Mistress Darla,

As Mistress Skye is busy with a proceedure right now I am responding for her. There is a cloning chamber on board Serenity, also there is a sample of Master Fynn's DNA. Either sample could be used. Mistress Skye is currently located outside the Last Call on Coruscant with Mistress's Ara and Lei. I will inform her of your intended arrival.

I-Nine

-- end comm --

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The reply was prompt and unexpected. I-Nine, Skye's faithful droid had replied in her place. Darla was glad that she wasn't somewhere obscure and tht it would be easy to find her. She was also glad that she was somewhere neutral and safe. Darla was a little surprised that Skye had some of Fynn's DNA already, he was also surprised that Skye had a cloning chamber. She remembered that Skye had cloned herself to escape dying in the battle where Darla had forseen her die.

Darla decided that it was best to get rid of her 'gift' just in case there were any surprises hidden within it. For all she knew the Sith could have tampered with Fynn's DNA before encouraging her to clone him. It was too risky. Surely Skye's sample would be safe. Whatever happened Darla felt that she and Niv should be there at Fynn's rebirth.

"Well, looks like we'll be heading to the Last Call." She told Nivana. "I'm just going to have a word with Master K'munee before we leave.

As soon as they arrived at the hanger bay Darla quickly made er way over to K'munee. He was talking to a new comer and Darla didn't want to interrupt. She very briefly explained that she had some business to attend to and gave K'munee her private comm frequency so that he could get in touch with her.

Darla led Nivana onto the battered old frieghter that they had arrived on. The two women soon took off headed towards Coruscant in hope that they would be re-united with a dearly departed friend.

Rannrsig.jpg

K'munee listened to Azrael's story, but was partially interrupted by Darla and Niv, on their way to rendezvous with master Organa. Once they left, he turned his attention fully to the dilemma laid out by his old padawan.

"Let me get this straight; what you are telling me is that you have been infected with some kind of alien virus that is incurable, which means you are gonna die? Unless you find a way to get a clone body or other vessel to inhabit before it's too late?"

He sat there looking bewildered for a while and then he opened his mouth to speak, though no words came out. DJK calmed himself by regulating his breathing, then spoke the words he had not been able to say before.

"I don't know what to say to that. You know that I will do all that's in my power to help you, but this is beyond even my abilities. Wait a second...how exactly did you contracted this disease? Do you think it is contagious?"

"I think I may need the advice of another master. I'll be right back."

DJK extended the boarding ramp and stepped down from his ship. Nom Anor was nearby looking anxious and lost at the same time. When K'munee approached him, he must not have heard him walking up to him, because the other master seemed startled. A closer examination through the force showed that he had been in deep thought, when DJK seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

"Master Anor, there is a matter that I think I need your assistance with." He said, gesturing with his hand toward his ship.

293az4x.jpg

OOC: Sorry its taken me so long to post. I've been sick the last few days. BTW, Its Anorus.

IC: Nom immediately sat up once his commanding officer walked in. "I'm not sure how much help I can give you, but I'll do my best." The Jedi Master gave a small smirk, one of his facial trademarks. "Lead on."

OOC: Sorry for the short post but I am still feelinga bit under the weather.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal