The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

*K'munee said nothing in response to Skye's acceptance of his offer. He merely nodded his and and smiled at her. A flashing red light on his wrist signaled an incoming message from his ship. Darla had just entered the hangar, approaching the two masters, when he excused himself to his ship.*

*A few minutes later he returned from his ship, to the location where the two women were talking.*

"Master Organa, I have a request. I have just learned that the Haruun Kal Jedi base is not available for occupation. That leaves me without a base of operations for Internal Affairs. Would you mind if I moved I.A. to the Eternal Vigilance?"

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

Skye just smiled at his nod, watching as he excused himself to answer a message. She turned to face Darla as she approached.

"I'm still unsure of my plans, but K'munee just invited me to go along with you and I decided to accept."

She smiled at her friend, her eyes turning to see K'munee return to them.

"The Eternal Vigilance is a home of the Jedi, it's not my place to say who comes and goes from it..."

She smiled at him,

"I can't see a problem in you moving your department here. If you can find Master Tares Vortex at all, I'm sure he could update you on what security measures this vessel has."

She got to thinking then... Huruun Kal... the original home of Mace Windu... she knew of the planet, knew that it had many dangers, but if the Jedi had had a base there... why would it be not available now? She shrugged, it wasn't her place to use guess work regarding any of that. At least Ara would know where to find her if she did remain here for a time...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

First of all she powered down her ship, then she went in search of Nirvana. She found her readying herself to leave.

"Good news! We wont be leaving. Looks like the Jedi are gonna be using the Eternal Vigilance as a base of ops for internal affairs. I guess that just means we find some quarters and make ourselves comfortable."

Darla gathered up her meagre belongings and found herself a room in vast underwater craft. It seemed strange to be making her home somewhere after all the wondering she a was used to. It felt good. They could settle down and complete Nivana's training properly without worrying about where they were headed and whether or not they'd be safe. Darla couldn't shake the feeling that Fynn's death was more than just a senseless killing. She wasn't ready to uncover the truth yet, so she decided to push the thoughts to the back of her mind. She wasn't trying to forget her suspicions, but she needed to focus on the here and now.

It didn't take long for Darla to feel settled and comfortable in her new quarters. The Eternal Vigilance was a serene and relaxing craft. The walls seemed to echo the voices of the friendly dead. Ancient and wise Jedi Masters from centuries past. If felt like they were watching over her. For the first time in a long time Darla felt safe.

In all her grieving Darla couldn't even remember the last time she had washed or slept. It was definitely before she had arrived at the Eternal Vigilance. After taking a long shower Darla found some old robes in one of the lockers and put them on. Her flight-suit was filthy and she needed something to wear until she could get it cleaned. She wondered who the robes had belonged to. They were a little bit too big for her slender frame, but at least they were clean.

Feeling exhausted from all the crying and pain of grief Darla finally collapsed on the bunk in her quarters. Her mind was blank. She had purged so much anguish from her soul that she just felt empty. Empty, tired and more than ready to rest. As soon as her head hit the pillow she fell into a deep, dreamless sleep.

Rannrsig.jpg

"Why..." came a voice all to familiar to Fynn.

"Why what..." Fynn replied as he looked down on Darla's serene face. "Why do you linger here...over her...you can't help her anymore. You can't help any of them."

"Maybe it gives me comfort." Fynn said as he turned to the voice of Kern. "Comfort? No, maybe you can't let go." Kern said in a sort of depressed tone.

"Perhaps, but what I do is not your buisness is it?"

"Yes, it is, because the longer you stay here, the harder it will be for you to comeback."

"Maybe I shouldn't...

"Shouldn't what?"

"Comeback, what happened had to have a reason, a purpose. Maybe I was standing in Nivana's way, maybe Darla needed to lose me to understand something."

"There was no reason for your death...you died a meaningless pawn in a war that has raged for too long." Kern said actually sounding genuine.

"Maybe, but it was my choice," Fynn said as he looked back at Darla.

"Don't think you can just let it go...your purpose isn't finished, not while I'm still alive."

"I can't believe it..." Said another voice...and old womans' voice. "Who what..." Fynn asked looking about.

"She's wearing my robe...its good to see old things still have use." said an old woman who appeared near the corner of the room. "You knew her?" the old woman asked Fynn. The woman looked like a jedi, her hair neatly braided and her garb was that of an old jedi, from before the darktimes.

"I...yes..."

"Your fortunate, she's special that one. I can feel it. What are you doing here? You aren't like me. My time was done a long time ago. Spent it minding this place, keeping watch on ones like you, and her." the old woman asked puzzled.

"But I'm dead..."

"No, not yet, not in the way that matters...the force still needs you." the old jedi woman said.

"See Fynn, even she knows it...it will be my turn next...and when I get free..."

"Your turn? This one is the one who left that plain not you, when he leaves he can do what he wants with you. Or didn't you know that." the old woman said with a smile at Fynn.

"Get away old fool...!" Kern said as the woman disappared in a blink of an eye.

"I would rather die then let you harm any of these people." Fynn said as he looked at his adoptive brother.

"I'm hurt, well now what? You think you can just give up, or fade away like a memory? It isn't that easy and you know it. Darla will be Darla, Skye will be Skye, Nivana will be Nivana. You'll see...I'll find a way too-" Kern was cut off by Fynn's quick and stern reply.

"You won't, I promise you",Fynn said getting up from his position.

"The promises you make are rather hollow." Kern said laughing at Fynn's words.

"Not this one, you may be Garm's son, but so am I..." Fynn moved towards his brother.

"Thats it Fynn...its about time you and I had it out. You know it will be a stalemate, we are equal here. Give it up before we both end up hurt." Kern said awaiting him.

"It'll be worth it to have you shut up for once." Fynn

"You know, I think I'm going to enjoy tormenting your freinds, with your face it will be so fulfilling." Kern said as Fynn grew closer. It first appeared as Fynn was giving up for he dropped his hands to side and shook his head.

Fynn threw a punch catching Kern off guard. The man reeled, getting his bearing after rubbing his face. Responding quickly, Kern kneed Fynn and then shoved him over. As he approached Fynn, Fynn kicked at the mans' knees. Getting up the two exchanged blows again. This time Kern got knocked down.

"You forget brother...I've been here a long time." Suddenly Kern brandished a sword, and sliced towards Fynn's representation. Dogding as best he could Fynn waited for Kern to slice at him again. Then he grabbed Kern's hands and wrested the weapon free. Before he could brandish it, Kern tackled Fynn but this time, the two didn't stop, the fall was long and kept getting konger.

"What...whats happening..." Fynn said as he tried to figure out was going on. Kern echoed his scream a scream of futility that seemed to have no end.Instead the last thing that crossed the plain of his mind, was a scream that seemed to drop into nothingness.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

A slightly bemused look had slid across Nivana's somber face when Darla informed that they would be staying. She nodded affirmatively and, with bag slung over shoulder, trailed behind Darla until she split off into a room of her own.

Nivana continued on through the structure for a bit longer. She strolled as if all the time in the world was at her bidding, when in fact, the opposite was true. And she knew it.

She suddenly stopped and slipped the bag off her shoulder. Niv turned and entered the room that she would accept as her own for the duration of her stay. She gently sat the bag on the mattresss then eased onto the bed herself. It was a bit uncomfortable but would do. She never had and probably never would become accustomed to the finer things life had to offer. Luxury and comfort were never meant for her. She knew it to be true and didn't mind in the least.

The young woman stretched and lazily raked her fingers through her hair before flopping back onto the stiff mattress. One of her hands reached down to her side. Her fingers traced lightly atop the lightsaber that was secured there. Niv inhaled deeply, closed her eyes and recalled the last time she'd seen it blazing in Fynn's grip.

"Thank-you..." she whispered to the fates, wholly grateful that they had intertwined she and Fynn's paths... if only for a short time. A second later she was out.

Sleep had crept in and easily conqered her. Her slumber was so deep and complete that if anyone had happened across the sprawled out lady they might have mistaken her for dead. Nivana's was a sleep that was bitterly sweet and desperately overdue.

"Thank you, master Organa. I promise we will leave it as we found it." K'munee said.

*He bowed to her, before walking away toward his ship to send the message to the other members of Internal Affairs.*

293az4x.jpg

"I am the punishment of God...if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."

She awoke suddenly. Nivana's eyes glanced lazily about the room. Her mind was momentarily lost in a thin haze of disorientation. When finally she sat up the young lady remembered where she was and how she had come to be on The Eternal Vigilance.

Niv was a bit disappointed that she'd slept for so long. She practically slid out of her robes and ran to the refresher. When she re emerged she looked a bit calmer. She picked up and cradled the bag from the bed then sat in the middle of the floor. With utmost respect she placed her partly assembled lightsaber onto the floor before her. She then laid out the rest of the weapon's components with equal reverence.

"Time to stop wasting time," she said quietly as she inspected the innards of her lightsaber, "Today you will be finished."

Nivana immediately set to work fitting the pieces together. She softly talked herself through the process while occasionally stealing glimpses at Fynn's lightsaber which was still lying comfortably on the bed. She vowed to have her own weapon finished before turning her attention to anything else. Before the day died, Nivana would hold in her hands a fully functional lightsaber.

Darla awoke feeling rested and safe. Her head felt fuzzy and warm, it took her several minutes to fully awaken and get her motor functions working properly. She must have needed the sleep. When she was fully aware of her surroundings she realised that she was wearing Jedi robes and very old ones at that. She remembered that she had put them on just before she had gone to sleep. Despite being warm and comfortable they were just not hers and it didn't feel right to continue wearing them.

As Darla stood up a strange feeling filled her. While she had been asleep she had felt a presence in the room. It felt like there was a benevolent on-looker, an angel watching over her. She had been so tired and the presence had felt so safe and familiar that it hadn't startled her out of her slumber.

Could it have been Fynn?

Darla realised that it could just as easily have been her mind playing tricks on her.

She gathered up the meagre collection of clothing that she had accumulated over time. It wasn't much, she could fit it all into one bag. All of it needed to be washed. Darla couldn't remember the last time she'd cleaned her clothes. As she lifted it into the bag the only word she could think of to describe how it smelt was 'ripe'.

It didn't take Darla long to find washer unit, she filled it with her clothes and set it to the appropriate programme. When the machines cycle had begun she went in search of a beverage dispenser and made herself some coffee. She enjoyed the drink, slowly sipping it in one of the vast vessels lounges as she waited for her clothes to finish washing.

Rannrsig.jpg

Being left to her own devices, Skye returned to her own ship for the time being. She went through to her holds workbench, pulling out her collection of crystals and her equipment to make a new saber. Skye collected her items, having chosen the 3 coloured saber crystal's she had collected from the caves on Yavin IV. She then headed to the work room that Master Tares Vortex had taken her to in what seemed to be so long ago. She spent her time creating this saber uniquely, her other ones had been built here on the Eternal Vigilance as well, funny how she would make her new saber here too... New Beginnings...

As with her first hilt, the one she had given to her son, Krishna, she crafted this to her own specifications. The materials were inserted into the machine that created the hilts, Skye specifying that it have the runes for protection, healing and strength on the silver and black hilt. Once that had been completed, she placed her internal components within, finally looking at her crystals. She had chosen to place all three focusing crystals in her saber this time. The main crystal was silver. This would be the dominant colour of the saber, although it would fluctuate with the other pale colours of azul and amethyst. She slotted the smaller crystals within, aligning them perfectly with the silver and closing up the saber, seeing it seal closed through the light sorcery she had learnt from Jade Dragon. This saber was attuned only to her, the Master Healer would be the only one to be able to use this saber...

The crystals she had chosen for this saber were not ordinary crystals, but those that the Healer would use in other varying healing focus's. That they were in her saber wouldn't change their properties, if anything, it would enhance them. She had looked up information with regards to properties to use to stop her saber being shorted out by cortosis, taking precautions against those that use the cortosis weave, also the Phrik she had heard rumours about. With the guidance of the force, her precautions would be successful against such a substance.

Finally completing her task, now extremely weary from the rush of emotions she'd had flowing through her, Skye left the work room, moving through to find another room in which to rest in. She could have gone back to her ship, though didn't feel like going back there just yet. Not when she missed her son so much, not when she felt as lonely as she currently did. Skye let the Force guide her into one of the Master's Chambers, moving to the refresher to shower, wrapping the towel around herself until she found a dressing gown in the room's wardrobe and putting her clothing into the cleanser to clean and dry while she slept so her clothing would be fresh in the morning.

Skye stared in the reflection of the mirror for a long moment in time, her emerald green eyes looking back at her as she looked within to her own soul... using her empathy and healing knowledge to read her own aura. No physical marks remained on her body, not on this cloned body, of her past. It was only on her inside that needed to be healed properly. In her heart and in her soul. There's got to be someone out there... somewhere... that can heal the hurt he left me with... Someone who believes in marriage... someone that doesn't want to just use me... Skye moved through to the large comfortable bed, slipping between the sheets and laying the dressing gown on the foot of the bed. She drifted off to sleep... her dreams of someone shrouded in mystery... one that might just heal her broken heart...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Many hours had trapsed past as Niv meticulously crafted her weapon. Hours that may as well have been mere minutes. She was so entirely absorbed in the task at hand that time meant nothing.

Piece after piece of the lightsaber hilt was assembled in a near loving manner. The heart of her weapon was gently laid in it's proper place, cradled amidst the other internal fixings. Wires, the veins and arteries of the lightsaber, were sized and sculpted to their appropriate tracks. And finally, after the hours of careful consideration and construction Nivana totally enclosed the innards of her weapon into the metallic exoskeleton that would protect them.

She stood and held the completed lightsaber straight out before her eyes. She turned it over numerous times and scrutinized it's outer appearance. It was nothing special by the looks of it. But she knew better than to judge a book by it's cover. Power lies in inner strength...not in outer beauty.

Nivana didn not activate her weapon. She clipped it near her right hip then moved over to the bed. She took up Fynn's weapon, looked at it affectionately before clipping it to her left side. Then quickly, she pulled her hair around to dangle over her right shoulder and wove it into a tight braid. She finally let her hands come to rest on both weapons and smiled slightly before leaving the room.

She took her time though was partly eager to show Darla the completed lightsaber. As she strolled thoughtfully through the passages Nivana caught a glimpse of her reflection in a darkened window. She stopped and looked at the ghostly image of herself. It seemed like a hundred years ago...the day she stumbled, weak and wounded, to the Jedi temple. So long ago...when Fynn had appeared and caught her before she collapsed onto the stairs. In actuality it hadn't been so long ago...

Nivana frowned as she glared at her reflection. Her chin still bore the bruise Fynn had gifted her with during their lightsaber practice. She rubbed at the bruise, remembered the man who had saved her in more ways than one. After a few minutes she turned and continued on. She poked about through the force and caught a hint of Darla's presence. She also sensed the others but at the moment she needed to seek out her master. Nivana moved straight towards Darla's location.

She found the woman relaxing with a cup of coffee. The smell of the beverage was invigorating, even tempting but Nivana forced away the temptation. She no longer indulged in the drink though it's scent was enticing.

"Darla?" she asked then tilted her head a bit to the side. It was nice to see her finally relaxed. "Am I to call you Darla or master? Or a combination of the two? Or something entirely different?" she asked with child-like curiosity. She shook the thought away then quickly unclipped her finished weapon and held it out to her master. "It is done..." Niv informed, her grin betraying a smattering of pride.

*When K'munee emerged from his ship, he found himself alone in the hangar, except for the maintenance droids that maintained the hangar and all docked ships. Three landing units over from his shipwas docked, was Skye's ship. He looked in that direction, mentally reaching out to her with the force, then withdrawing before a connection could be made. He reached over his shoulders with both hands and pulled the hood of his cloak onto his head, drapping his face in shadow as he turned to walk out of the hangar.*

*He decided that if this was going to be home for him, it would do him some good to familiarize himself with the vessel. He started his journey taking the same path he used when he first boarded the Eternal Vigilance. This corridor led to the massive common room where he had previously met the three female Jedi. The room was furnished with sofas of various sizes, chairs, and tables around the perimeter of the room near the walls. Each table had its' own holo-projector and recorder. There were two comm stations located near the only two entry ways into the common room.*

*K'munee left the common room and started walking down the corridor in the direction he assumed was the stern of the Eternal Vigilance. The walls along this corridor were different than the ones that connected with the hangar. These walls had transparisteel viewports every 20 meters or so, giving a brief glimpse of the underwater habitat that lay beneath the waves. He stopped in front of one of the viewports, to take a look. There was nothing visible in the waters outside the vessel. Taking a glance at his watch, he noticed that he was still on Coruscant time. Pressing a small button on the side of his watch, allowed him to scroll through planetary time zones and find the one corresponds to Manaan. Once his watch was adjusted, he found out that it was night time above the waters. That explained the low visibility outside the viewport.*

*He continued his walk around the ship. Ahead of him he heard a loud humming, resonating from a doorway down the corridor. As he got closer to the doorway, the humming was replaced with the sounds of machinery. He entered finding himself inside the engine room of the Eternal Vigilance. The engines were maintained by droids similar to the the ones in the hangar, though they were larger in size and more of them. K'munee watched them as they conducted their daily routine of maintenance. He admired them. Their life was so simple. There was no mystery to it. Their existance was based on their purpose, and nothing more.*

*This caused him to reflect on his own life. His life was one of triumph and failure. He had no family, most of his friends were dead, and throughout his life, the only time he had known happiness was through teaching padawans. He had known the love of friendship, but never the other kind of love. The kind that he used to see other beings fight for and die for. The kind that was supposed to be forbiddin to the Jedi knights of old. Secretly, he longed for that kind of love.*

*He left the engine room and walked in the opposite direction from which he had came, heading toward the front of the vessel. He traveled the corridors with his head down and his hands behind his back. He was in deep thought, with nothing more than the sounds of his boot steps echoing through the corridors to keep him company. The smell of sweet nectars and tropical flowers caught his nose as he rounded the next corner. He looked up to find himself in the dormitory area of the ship. In the distance he could hear the distinct voices of females conversating. It was Darla and Niv. He didn't want it to seem as though he were spying so he continued on, heading for the ship's bridge. He stopped at a junction that led back toward the hangar or to a turbolift leading to the bridge. As much as he wanted to see the bridge, there was something else urging him to go to the hangar. Back to where she was.*

293az4x.jpg

Darla set down her steaming mug and headed towards Nivana. A huge smile spread across her face.

"Just Darla, I know I'm training you now but I don't want you to think of me differently. Anyway, I'm technically a knight not a master."

As Darla took the lightsaber from Nivana's outstretched hands a wave of joy came over her. She gave it a brief inspection, admiring the craftsmanship then handed it to her padawan. Her smile never faltered.

"I'm impressed, this is really beautifully made Niv. But now for the moment of truth...Turn it on."

Darla waited excitedly, she was sure that it would work perfectly, but there was always a moment of unease before turning on a newly fashioned lightsaber for the first time.

Rannrsig.jpg

Waking slowly, Skye stretched before sitting up and pulling on her gown. She rose, moving over to get her now clean clothes, dressing and picking up her hairbrush and brushing her hair out until it shone. For the time being, she left it hanging down her back, looking to see that it was now down past the middle of her back. It had a slight wave, the auburn mass now shiny with the attention she had given it. She placed the brush down and headed back out of the room she had chosen, deciding she would visit the mess hall rather than cooking herself. The droids had been busy, keeping the Eternal Vigilance spick and span.

Entering the Cafeteria she moved over to where the droids on duty were taking orders for meals. She ordered an omlette and juice, heading over to one of the thick windows to watch out of the craft at the underwater creatures swimming past as she waited for her breakfast to arrive...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

She could not help but offer a return grin. Darla's smile was infectious. And Nivana's grin brightened significantly when other was impressed by her newly crafted weapon.

Niv accpeted the lightsaber back into her right hand then slowly brought her left hand around to also embrace the hilt. A barb of doubt suddenly twisted within her heart. Would the weapon even work? Would it backfire? Explode? Or do something completely unexpected. She looked up at Darla. Niv's eyes betrayed her growing uncertainty.

"The moment of truth..." she said with a nervous little grin.

Nivana realized her fingers were wrapped in a death grip around the lightsaber hilt. She loosened the strangle hold and inhaled deeply, her chest heaved prominantly upward as she did. She looked back down at the weapon in her hands. Dead set determination gradually replaced the uncertainty that has previoulsy saturated her eyes. If it worked...it worked. If it didn't, she'd simply go back to the drawing board. And if the weapon were to explode and kill her... then so be it. Her thumb caressed up the sliding activation switch...

The resounding snap and hiss of her lightsaber's birthcry caused Nivana to flinch. She was instantly showered in a soft golden light as the yellow saber blade stretched to life. She insticntively shifted into the Jedi ready stance.

"It works..." Niv said in a gently astounded voice. As the lightsaber hummed contentedly in her hands the young woman smiled up at Darla. "It almost feels...alive?"

She carefully swiped the blade through the air and revelled in the angrier hum that the lightsaber emitted as it was in motion. Nivana watched the weapon, her eyes alight with pride and appreciation.

As she was bathed in the saber's yellow glow Darla's happiness grew even greater. It filled her with joy to see her padawan progressing. It was strange how Darla had already taken Nivana under her wing before Fynn had died. Perhaps he knew his fate and thats why he left the two of them.

"It is alive in a sense. Think of your lightsaber as an extention of your being. The next thing for us to do is spend some time having you practice and get used to the feel of the weapon. One day it might just be you and your lightsaber. It could save your life, save the life of others, get you out of a bad situation. A lightsaber is a deadly weapon, but that doesnt mean its only use is to kill. Ive never killed anyone with my lightsaber...Even before I was a jedi."

Dala paused for a moment.

"Like I said I want to leave things up to you, train at your pace, teach you what you want. So, I can find you a training remote or hologram or you can duel against me. It's your call."

Rannrsig.jpg

She'd devoted her full attention to Darla as she spoke. She took a few moments to commit the words to her memory before answering the other.

Nivana carefully considered the options laid out before her. A training remote or a holigram sounded agreeable and safe when compared to the third option. Niv didn't want to get in over her head. After a few more seconds of thought she decided that the opportunity to train with a fellow force user shouldn't be passed up. Even if the thought of dueling said force user was a bit on the intimidating side.

"I can train with a remote... or with a holigram anytime. Right now it'd be an honor to duel against you..."

Niv inched back a few steps and positioned herself into a relaxed ready stance. Her mind momentarily flipped back to she and Fynn's duel. One of her hands absently rose to her face, fingers trailed over the fading bruise on her chin. She wondered if she was setting herself up for another painful lesson.

"...if you don't mind."

Darla never took a duel lightly. As a padawan she had never really sparrd much and the duels she had taken part in usually been of some significance. While she would take her first duel with her first padawan equally as seriously, she didn't to push Nivana too far like Fynn had. At the same time she didnt want to go easy on her. This was the part of Nivana's training that Darla dreaded most.

She removed her cloak, underneath it she wore the old Jedi robes she had found. It felt strange to be wearing them whilst she fought. Darla remember her duel with Fynn...

"First lesson, don't trust your eyes they can decieve you."

The lights overhead flickered out and when the came back on Darla was gone. For a moment it seemed that Nivana was alone in the room but she soon realised that someone was behind her. When she turned she saw an ancient Sith Lord, fully clad in obsidion armour, face death behind an eerie mask. It was an image straight from a nightmare and just as unreal.

The Sith lord slashed at Nivana, crimson saber slahing first for her legs and then her head.

Darla voice came from the Sith Lord's mask.

"Feel with your other senses. The Sith will try to confuse you, distort what you see. Manipulate you. Cloud your mind. Dont fear them. They use illusion. When your mind is stronger you will be able to see through them. But even the strongest minded Jedi will find it hard to see truth the glmaour of a powerful Sith Lord. Don't trust your eyes..."

The Sith Lord who appeared in Darla's place was suddenly gone. A voice from behind her said.

"Let the force guide you."

As Nivana turned she saw the image of the Sith Lord, saber slashing towards her head.

Rannrsig.jpg

"First lesson, don't trust your eyes they can decieve you."

Darkness followed quick upon the heels Darla's words. Then just as quickly came the light again, Darla no where to be seen. A flicker of shock resonated through the young woman before she gathered her wits about herself. She probed the force with her senses...

Nivana spun. Her lightsaber swung down and then up to block the streak of scarlet that had slashed for her legs and head. She then backed a few steps away, weapon held low and ready as she faced the iron clad Sith monster before her.

Darla's voice crept out from behind the Sith Lord's mask and then the being vanished. Nivana had barely grasped the meaning of Darla's final words when the gnawing chill of threat sent a shiver up her spine. Niv spun again and, with a soft grunt, blocked the blood red blade with her golden blade. A spray of sparks erupted from the crossed sabers before Nivana ducked under both and spiraled around to face her attacker. She stood ready and slowly calmed her breathing.

'Don't trust your eyes...let the force guide you...' Niv ordered herself.

Nivana then opened herself to the force and through it attempted to see past the mask of untruth and deception. She began to feel the illusions. They seemed, to her, to be nothing more than a thin webbing of spidersilk embracing the truth in a fragile cocoon.

Using her force sense, she could almost see through the deception. Nivana tried to swipe the lies aside but found that they would not be so easily ripped away. She backstepped, held her weapon out and at the ready as she scrambled to submerge her trust deeper into the force before another attack could come.

The Sith Lord continued to slash at Nivana, blows increasing in strength and speed. Each blow although blocked got closer to hitting.

Alittle distance away stood Darla, her mind focused on holding up the illusion. Each blow alothough appearing real and lethal was nothing but an illusion, if Nivana were to be hit she wouldn't be harmed in the slightest. But she didnt know that. Darla could tell that she was trying to see through the mind trick. Although she was coming close to it, she was still confused by the illusion.

A Dark raspy vopice erupted from the mask.

"Darla is dead. You goolish young one. I killed your master in the blink of an eye when I shut the lights off. She was weak, just like you are."

His cape billowed behind him. His dark armour glistened in the dim light. His breath came in rythmic rasps. Darla focused her mind completely on creating every spine-chilling detail. She had thought of the images she had seen of Darth Vader in holo-vids as a child. Thenb she had twisted the image, adding parts of sith Lords she had met in real life. The real ones were infinately more frightening than anything the holo-vid producers could bring up.

Their lightsabers clashed. The Dartk Lords weight pushing down on Nivana, trying to break the lock and force his blade into her. In real life it was Darla merely pushing Niv's saber back with the force. But Nivana didn't know that.

"Strike me down! If you were strong you would have done it already."

Darla's techniques may have been unorthodox but she wanted to teach her padawan to see through illusion and confusion. She wanted to teach her to fight with not only her body, but her mind. She wanted to teach her to trust in the force and trust in herself.

She wasn't sure if there was any right or wrong way for Nivana to handle the situation. But seeing how she responded to pressure would tell Darla a lot. So far she had proved to have strong resolve.

Rannrsig.jpg

In its own small cargo delivery system, a small package arrives for Darla. On the outside of the package, a small note is attached.

Darla--

A man in the Last Call wanted me to deliver this to you. I know not what it holds, so I hope you will be careful when you open it.

--Ara-Lai Kaipi

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Skye finished up her breakfast, placing her plates back in the cleaning receptical before leaving the cafeteria. She headed towards the hydroponic's station that she had found on her very first visit here to the Eternal Vigilance. The Master Healer entered the more humid area of the craft, slipping her outer robes off and hanging them upon the hook by the door. She wore a shiny black halterneck top and pants beneath, her long hair covering most of the bare skin of her back that was showing.

Skye made her way around the hydroponic's unit, stopping at various plants to take samples, making sure all were growing well. She had something in mind to make and needed the fresh plantlife to do so. She recalled the first time she had entered this room. She had been so happy and carefree. She and Ish had been heading towards a training room to spar when she had discovered the wonderful room full of plants. It seemed so long ago right now, they had both been hopefuls.

Bringing her mind back to the present, Skye caressed the leave of some mint, bruising the tip of a leaf to let it's crisp fragrance escape. She inhaled deeply, letting the breath go and taking another. She could feel herself relaxing. She chose a location in amongst some of the floral section of the garden, seating herself cross legged on the floor facing some beautiful frangipani and roses.

She let her senses stretch out, touching each of the living organism's within the room, letting her force sense expand as her mind showed each aura of every plant, recalling all the information regarding them, their medical properties, if they were just for oxygen production or if they were for food or medicine. She opened herself to feel all within the hydroponic's room. She could feel where the droids were, whirring with their own unique sounds, she could feel the electronic's of them, the spaces where they weren't 'living' beings.

Her breathing was regulated, Skye letting the plants communicate with her through her touch of the Force. She had always been one that had been close to nature, was only now getting back to those roots. She wondered if she should take on another padawan, or if she should let herself heal prior to doing that. She did need time, time to heal, time to know what she wanted to do with herself now. The aura's of the flowers in front of her were vibrant, full of living energy. Skye found herself smiling. She would get some flowers growing in her own hydroponic's section of Serenity.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Deep in the corner of the Eternal Vigilance, a small machine thrummed to life, sending small wisps of smoke into the empty room. Small pieces of technology whirled to life as if following the lead of the bigger machine. Once the room seemed to be entwined with the murky puffs of placid gas, the pod in the corner of the room burst to life. I dripping wet Jedi Master emerged, his new body awakened for the first time.

The first thing Nom noticed as he stepped out of the cloning facility was how easy and painless his limbs moved. He had been so used to the agony of battle that a fresh set of arms and legs seemed very foreign. He took a deep breath, letting the pure molecules of oxygen wash through him. It was so much different than Mechis III, where pollution from its factories perhaps imbedded its in its atmosphere.

Where am I?

He continued to eye the cloning facility that bore him life. He noticed a small set of robes folded in the corner, no doubt waiting to be dawned by the user of the small room. The Jedi Master did just that, letting the soft material slide over his freshly awakened skin. It was such a nice sensation to wear a piece of clothing that wasn't drenched in his own blood. Before the Jedi left the room, he noticed something else laying dormant in the corner, its silver polish gleaming as brilliantly as ever. His lightsaber was quickly moved from the shelf to its master's belt, taking up its usual spot. Droids must have retrieved it from his corpse and sent it. Ayrian certainly had programmed those things well.

With all of his possessions in hand, the Jedi Master made his way out of the cloning facility. He was still ignorant of his surroundings however. The place was familiar, he had been here before.

Nom continued to walk through corridors, sensing the lightside in full swing. That was just another breath of fresh air. As he rounded a corner, a computer terminal fell into sight. The Jedi Master made no hesitation in activating the device. The opening screen was vibrant, shining with color.

Internal Affairs Department:

Councilor - DarkJedi K'munee

Master - Andon Colos

Master - Nom Anorus

Knight ”“ Darla

Knight - Dashel Illioni

OOC: Nom switched with Locke for those of you who don't know))

IC: It seemed the Jedi had been up to some changes while Nom was off gallivanting with the Dark Lord on Mechis III. It seemed he was stationed with the department of Internal Affairs. A simple computer terminal was not enough to tell him what he wanted to know however. The Jedi Master turned from the device and continued down the vacant hallways, searching for whoever he could find.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

A brief com arrives for Dark Jedi Kumenee from Dashel Illioni:

Two things:

1. I will not be a part of an order that allows members like Hou Jo Peb any rank beyond that of laborer in the Agricorp. I hearby resign as a member of the Internal Affairs committee.

2. Better take a look at Hou Jo Peb and decide if you want that sort of darkness floating around the order that you have given oath to protect. He is borderline Sith, and his actions towards my person prove it.

Comm Ends

Nivana found herself forced ever back by increasingly powerful and precise slashes. Each stike from the towering Sith Lord shattered a bit more of her faith in the force.

And then came his voice. It was horrible. As dark and menacing as the the Lord himself. Each of his words, like jagged razors, slit hard into Niv's heart. Her faith was shaved swiftly away.

Niv suddenly wound up the tattered remnants of her troth towards the force and thrust it towards the Lord. The meager force shove pushed her attacker back a few steps. Niv staggered backward too, the shove having backfired a bit. She steadied herself and expelled the monster's venomous words from her mind.

Nivana submerged herself farther into the force but the Sith Lord left her no time for strategy. He lunged. She steadied herself and near expertly blocked his powerful strike. However her physical strength quavered under the monumental weight being pushed down upon her, now trembling, lightsaber.

"Strike me down! If you were strong you would have done it already."

Nivana'a mind reeled. Her forearms felt on the verge of snapping in half but she would not surrender. "I am stronger than you think... for if I wasn't... you'd have struck me down already...dark lord.." she muttered through clenched teeth as she pulled the force up through her feet to flood through and enhance her strength. She shoved upward and managed to push the blazing scarlet lightsaber back an inch.

Darla's words then blossomed brightly in Niv's mind..."First lesson, don't trust your eyes they can decieve you."

Finally taking her master's the words to heart Nivana stretched out through the force and sensed all the light sources in the room. She jabbed the force into all lights, save the lightsabers, and caused them to blink out simultaneously. The room was thrown into blackness. Niv closed her eyes to further demonstrate her growing faith in the force. There was nothing to guide her actions now but the all encompassing energy that surrounded and binded all of creation...

And suddenly, as if she had been blind and was now seeing for the first time, Nivana smiled. She began to understand the illusion that was set upon her. She shoved up against the mirage of the sith saber and in her mind's eye and it simply dissapated as would a lazy whisp of smoke. The power behind the illusion was still there but the illusion it's self was nothing more than shimmering veil of lies.

Eyes still closed, Nivana elegantly hacked repeatedly through the rest of the monsterous fallacy then stepped back and fell into the Jedi ready stance again. Her yellow lightsaber blade cast a frail golden illumination across everything in the room. She lowered her head and slipped farther into the force. She stayed prepared for more should more come.

During her meditation's, Skye decided not to remain where she currently was. She would go to Ara and see about getting this done sooner rather than later. The longer she left it, the longer it would be until she could move on. She commed I-Nine, telling him to prep the ship for take off, then sent another to Darla when it was convenient for her to receive it, letting her know that she would be around, but she had to go and see Ara. If anyone wanted her, they would have her comm frequency which she recorded on the Eternal Vigilance's logs.

Skye left the hydroponic's station, heading back to the hanger. Once there, she boarded Serenity and took her samples of plants to her own hydroponic's station, planting them before she headed to the cockpit. I-Nine had everything ready for take off so she didn't have to worry about it. She sent her departure codes and lifted off, her ship prepped for the underwater launch. She'd head back to Coruscant where she'd gotten the last message from Ara and see if she was still there. If not, Kheldar might know where she had gone.

Serenity soon broke the surface of the ocean, rocketing skyward until she cleared the planet. Setting a course for a random jump, the ship dove into hyperspace...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

As Nivana's saber cut through the illusion it disapated. If she didn't believe in the image, if she didn't fear the image, if she didn't see the image, then it was nothing. With her eyes shut tightly there was no Sith Lord. With her faith and her bravery she showed an inner strength. An inner strength that broke through lies and deception. She had struck the Sith Lord down, but not in anger. Darla's taunting had been a test to see if Nivana would crack. But she hadn't. Instead she had taken a leap of faith and proved herself.

The lights in the room suddnly cam back up. The Sith nowhere to be seen. Darla standing on the other side of the room.

"Congratulations. I thought that you might strike him down out of anger, I would have as a padawan if someone had claimed to have my Master. But the serenity and clarity of your actions showed great control and something else...Faith. As long as you have faith in the force and faith in yourself, you will never be defeated."

Darla smiled at her apprentice and she walked across the the room to where she stood.

If only I could find the faith inmyslef that she has.

There was a glint of sadness in Darla's eyes mingled with appreciation and respect.

"You're a fast learner. I think Fynn's done most of the groundwork already. If you keep the pace up you could be knighted soon. If that's what you want."

At the edges of her awarnes Darla felt Skye leave, she also felt something arrive. As she closed her eyes she saw a box, a parcel, addressed to her. When she saw the image in her minds a strange sense of forboding filled her. A chill ran down her spine and her breathing sped up ever so slightly.

The box would still be there later. Darla took a deep breath and calmed herself. For now she was with her padawan and thats what was most important to her.

Rannrsig.jpg

Upon hearing Darla's voice wrapped around a congratulations, Niv's eyes popped open. She looked across to her master and sent a nervous little smile her way. Nivana shifted her body into a relaxed stance, deactivated her lightsaber and inhaled the now tranquil air.

"I did not strike him down in anger. But It was not by choice. The truth is... I hadn't the time for anger or shock or sorrow," came the padawan's admission. "But the thought of you being killed... it weakened my faith. Considerably."

The young lady lovingly clipped her lightsaber to her belt then let her hand rest atop the hilt of Fynn's weapon which still hung at her hip. She moved partway across the room and stopped.

"I desire to become a Jedi Knight." Nivana said, her voice delicate yet determined. Her eyes stared unwaveringly into Darla's. "It is my greatest desire at this point in life."

She loosened her gaze from Darla and stared off to the side. "Is it harder for us?" she asked quietly. "For females? Is it more difficult for us to become and remain Jedi Knights? You and Sky are the only other females I've met so far..."

Darla took a few moments to think bout Nivana's question. It was sonmething that she hadn't thought about in a while. When she been younger she had felt that being a woman was a hinderance. Her body was smaller, weaker, prettier...Which caused men to want her and think they could overpower her. For a long time she had felt the need to overcompensate. She had pushed herself harder to make her body stronger. She had dressed in grease smeared spacers over-alls. If man came near her she had always been ready to draw her blaster.

Even when she first became a Jedi some of the male Jedi had thought of her as little more than an object. It had driven her crazy, made her angry. But Darla had me many powerful Jedi and Sith women during her travels. Even though she had abandoned Tarrian, she had played large role in shping who Darla was now. But it had been Skye who'd had the greatest influence on her.

Skye had shown her that women possesed a power greater than anything a man could ever imagine wielding. The power of creation, the power to give life. Through Skye Darla had seen the living force bless her with three beautiful new beings. Feeling Skye's children grow inside her through the force and witnessing two of their births had awed Darla. Skye had shown Darla the power of love, creation and healing.

She could be as equally fierce and powerful as any man in battle, but she didnt need to be like a man or minic one. Darla knew now that all she had to do was be herself and follow her heart...where ever it may take her.

"They want you to think it's harder for us girls, they might even try to make it harder for you. But just because you have a female body you shouldnt feel lesser or weaker. Tust me the women I know have been through more pain and suffering than you can imagine and they've come out stronger for it. There are many female Jedi, I'm sure you'll meet some more of then soon. The last Jedi leader that I met was a woman, Master Ara, I'm not sure if she still holds that position."

Darla suddenly remembered parcel that she had felt arrive. As much as she got an uncomfortable feeling from it she needed to find out what it was.

"I've just got to go check something out. We'll take a little break, might be a time time to grab some lunch. After that we'll continue the training. You'll be a knight in time Niv."

Darla smiled as she parted with her padawan, but her smile soon faded as she began walking towards her room. The unease had turned into dread. Whatever was in that box, she knew that she wasn't going to like it. With baited breath she pressed the door's open button and slid into her quarters. A small box rested on her bed and on top of the box rested a note. Her hand shook as she reached for the note...

Firstly there was a note attached by someone else;

Darla--

A man in the Last Call wanted me to deliver this to you. I know not what it holds, so I hope you will be careful when you open it.

--Ara-Lai Kaipi

Darla wondered if Master Ara remembered how Darla had tried to save her after her battle with Faust. Her wondeings were cut short as she opened the second note, the one attached by the parcel's true sender.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Is it worth it? Have you found inner peace knowing that the night is waiting just beyond your vision to snatch up anything that you cling to the moment you close your eyes? Is there respite in being too weak to protect that which matters to you? Will there be tears when you see my gift to you, or has your heart been so hardened by the light already that you lie to yourself and call the emptiness stoicism? Which do you mourn more for, your Jedi lover or the humanity that you will sacrifice to join their ranks? Can Jedi sorcery fix your broken heart just as easily as the Dark Side could prevent it from breaking in the first place? Do you even have a heart? It's questionable given your betrayal of our Lord. Do you sleep at night? How do you justify your betrayal, do you cling to the fact that he was evil, denying the fact that you were just as evil? How long will it take the purity of the order to make your heart wither and die inside of you?

I have a single answer for you, Darla. Jedi follow their minds and Sith follow their hearts. Which order do you think really lies?

There was truth in the words that she read. There was also some misunderstanding. Most importantly there was a large piece of a puzzle.

They killed Fynn beacuse they thought he was my lover? This Dagon must have been acting on command of Kakuto....

Darla's legs buckled beneath her. She lay on the ground next to her bed, note clutched in her hands. No tears came, she was too shocked to cry.

I did portect that which matters to me...I took Nivana to safety. She would have shared Fynn's fate otherwise...I did what I had to do!

Darla tried to rationalise things in her mind but she couldn't escape the horrible truth. Fynn had died because of his connection to her. If only she could talk to the Dark Lord himself. If only she could explain...But he would never listen, her words would fall on deaf ears.

The bastards...

A stray tear trickled down Darla's cheek. She had already cried too much since Fynn's death.

The box...It might be some kind of a trap...A homing beacon? An explosive? Would Ara have allowed something that compromising to be sent to a secret Jedi base?

There was no way of Darla to be sure that such a device wasn't inside the box. She decided to probe it with the force first. The box was some kind of sealing cooling device, she could feel the chill of ice inside it. But it was the familiar presence that she could feel that surprised her. Whatever was in the box reminded her of Fynn. As she placed her hand on the box's outer casing an image of it's inside flashed through her mind.

What she saw was unspeakably horrible. The box contained a dismembered piece of Fynn's body. Darla didn't need to look inside to confirm what she already knew.

Darla rushed into the fresher as quickly as could. As soon as she got to sink she began to vomit uncontrolably. She retched and heaved until her body was exhauseted and she was sure that there was nothing left inside her.

She lay on her bed for a long time, not moving, not thinking just staring aimlessly at the wall.

Rannrsig.jpg

She watched Darla leave. Niv stayed, stood and thought about everything that had just happened. After a few moments of idly standing there her stomach grumbled for food. Nivana's hand gently rubbed at her belly and she smiled slightly.

"Alright...alright. No need to start snarling." she muttered to her protesting stomach. "Let's go find something to shut you up for a bit."

Nivana rummaged around and unearthed a prepackaged dinner. She warmed it and then sat down to eat. She was far hungrier than she had originally thought. Though it tasted faintly stale and reminded her of plastic for some odd reason Niv wolfed the food down, enjoying every processed portion of it.

*K'munee wandered the corridors of the Eternal Vigilance, lost in his thoughts. He often thought of his mission with the Internal Affairs division and what it would mean to confront those who had been tainted or seduced by the powers of the dark side. Tristin had told him on a prior occasion, that the will of the force had chosen him to lead this department. The whole concept of Internal Affairs tread heavily down the dark path.*

*DJK found it ironic that someone who had conquered the darkness would be charged with stamping it out within the Jedi ranks. He had decided not to dwell on the subject for to long and that it was time to be proactive. His meditations had not given him ensight on how to handle a tainted Jedi or his course of action. The only solution left was just to get out there and do it.*

*When he stopped to get his bearings, he found himself back in the crew quarters. He knew that Darla was present because he could sense her, but was unsure oft her padawan's whereabouts. He had walked around alone for a while now, and he decided that conversation would break him out of his endless brooding.*

*As he approached her room he felt a spike in her the force. Something traumatic had happened and the feeling grew stronger the closer he got to Darla's quarters. The door opened automatically. At first no one was visible, but he could her breathing in the background. He was hesitant about entering Darla's room unannounced, so he stood in the doorway and called out to her.*

"Darla, are you alright? Is it okay if I come in and talk with you?"

293az4x.jpg