Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

"I think it might be best if we go slightly undercover to avoid confrontation with any "friends" of the Republic. I think we could manage a masquerade as smugglers." Jacobi said confidently. "I'll also need to restock my ordance supply."

For the glory of battle

"That might be a good option, though remember that you have the squad with you. They're professionals so should blend in with any action you decide on. Use your discretion. As for how many. At least a dozen if you can get them. We only need enough for part of the prison and that should cover the area nicely."

Kira looked around the group once more.

"You will be able to get any equipment you require from the Q-Store and armoury. If there isn't any more questions your dismissed."

Kira wanted to get back to Locke to see what had been happening. Once they had Kosk in custody they would take him to the prison on Coruscant.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Another well-protected and armed MC90a Starcruiser was completed in the shipyards and drifted from its dock. It was given a crew and it moved into a defensive position around the shipyard. If the Empire suddenly got an idea and attacked, at least this ship would be ready.

The reason MC90a's were more than a match for Star Destroyers did not lay in the sheer number of guns, which was actually considerably less than on the Imperial ships, but it was defensive ability and gun emplacement strategy.

The Mon Calamarian ships had layers and layers of shields that would handle scores of turbolaser bolts before collapsing. Then the ship could simply roll to offer a fresh set of shields and techs could quickly replace burnt-out shield generators on the damaged side.

Additionally, the guns were placed in arrays of four turbolasers or six Ion cannon. The arrays would fire in a fire-linked fashion, unleashing a devestating barrage on a single target rather than offering scattered single-fire shots. The array also helped counter for the two-second firing delay natural to turbolasers due to cooling requirements.

These things led even Imperial commanders to admit the superiority of the smaller but better-defended ships of the Rebel Alliance.

OOC: Kirana, you can name this one.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

After getting General Sunrider's and Captian Starspanker's com frequencies and his mission objectives Cal and R4 headed for the Q-store to pick up his gear. Cal was happy to finally have an assignment. For the first time since his parent's death he felt like he was actually a part of something.

At the Q-store Cal recieved standard Alliance jungle armor, being that they were headed for a jungle type setting, and a standard issue blaster rifle. He was also given a few frag grenades and some heat sensor equipment that was meant to help him locate any creatures on Mykr.

He and R4 headed to the barracks that was currently housing the soliders Cal would be commanding on Mykr. He figured he would wait for his other partners there.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

Florndin went to the Q-Store and signed up for equiptment to go to the heavily-forested and anti-force planet. This shouldn't be too hard, he thought. He then went to the armory, and did the same for his weapons and armor, then returned to the barracks.

"Hello, Cal. Let's start planning...This datapad should have a map," He said as he looked through the datapad and brought up a holo-globe, "Let's wait for Jacobi and then plan our mission."

OOC: Let's just plan on the RP. It'll be to hard to coordinate a chatroom.

Suluric nodded to Sunrider, and removed his helmet to look at his choices, the first thing he observed was several plasma mines and fragmentation grenades. He attached them to his belt and moved through the rest of the store. He picked a jet pack from the wall, not quite as effective as his one pre- battle of Coruscant. He removed various vials of anti-toxins and lethal injections. He also removed a rocket launcher (This'll work nicely.) he thought with a sneer. He joined Florndin and Cal at a table in a back room.

The Mandalorian refitted his helmet and nodded to the others. He looked at the newly purchased armor. "I had something different in mind as far as armor goes." he gestured to a datapad with new data, "We're going into Myrkrr disguised as smugglers making a run for Ysalmiri for a small time Hutt gangster. Keep your armor close in case we're discovered, but according to current intelligence that won't be a problem." He paused, "According to intelligence that should'nt be a problem. Even so we should be on our guard, use weapons uncommon to Alliance task forces."

For the glory of battle

"Hmm...I was thinking more along the lines of you guys standing guard while I harvested the Ysalimiri, unless one of you is a changeling?"

Florndin waited a while before continuing.

"Cal, do you have a plan? I'm thinking we could make some sort of compromise and combine all three plans."

Kira watched the new recruits file out before heading back to where Locke was. She was still silently seething after having dealt with one of the recruits, two of them would fit in with no problems at all, but the third she had concerns about. Just being close to Locke calmed her down somewhat. If she had of been game enough to she would have moved over to him for a hug.

"So what's been happening Locke? Has he given up yet?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

((OCC:Whatever. Three Day rule and then some.))

Kosk's MC-90 is, after extended COMM silence, boarded by Rebel officials, where at the surrendering Open Skye traitors, including Tycho Kosk, are taken into custody. The ship is brought to the shipyard and recommissioning begins.

"It seems he has lost the will to continue, now that he cannot continue as he had planned. Every good strategist anticipates failure even when it is nearly impossible to fail. In this case it seems it was impossible to win and they were still counting on it. Sad, really. No offense Boss, but I don't know how these 'geniuses' managed to break away successfully in the first place."

Locke spoke regularly in a very matter-of-fact tone, not taking his eyes off of a large holoscreen. For someone so rarely serious he seemed have a very firm and deep grasp on the workings of war. Briefly he shut his eyes, calming his spirit so that he may better focus.

"Is there something you came to speak to me about?"

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

"Do I need a reason to see you Locke?"

Kira gave him a wink.

"I was actually thinking we might have a trip to Coruscant"

She figured they would put Kosk in the prison there and she could question him once there.

" It will be interesting to see how those recruits go with the task I've set them."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Locke sheepishly nudged his master with his shoulder, pleased with her response.

"They have to start somewhere. We'll let the Vornskyrs straighten them out."

Locke turned and smiled as he faced Kirana.

"What's on Coruscant?"

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Kira grinned at him,

"Besides the new prison you mean?"

She then relented alittle,

"There's someone there I wish to speak to... and we can check out the Jedi Academy while we're there."

She deliberately left out the main reason she wished to go there though...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"Sounds okay to me."

Locked ordered that the final arrangements be made for Kosk's inprisonment. The former vigilante would be confined in a "suppression" cell until he could get trial. Where in he'd placed in stun cuffs and locked in a magnetically sealed chamber. In the event of stuggle sonic emitters would knock him out almost instantly. That out of the way, Locke picked up his comm and turned, raising his eyebrow.

"I'm all yours, boss."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

"All mine huh... now what could I do with you I wonder..."

Kira couldn't help it, the mischievous words just slipped out, she figured it was from being around Locke too long but knew that she was just as bad at times. She indicated that they head towards their ship, also signalling for the prisoners to be tranported separately to the new Coruscant prison.

"Anything you want to learn as we're travelling?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Locked nodded, turning to head toward their ship- which he had strategically left out of the fire fight for fear of it's destruction.

"Yes, I'd like to become more familiar with your body. Strictly in the interest of business. As I will be working along side you in combat it would serve me to know the intricacies of your flesh. In the best of circumstances I would read your body like brail. Remember, knowing your allies is just as vital as knowing your enemies..."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira had to laugh, he never gave up.

"Ratbag! I just bet you would." Mischief shining in her eyes again she added, "Having healed most of your body there wouldn't be much more I'd have to 'learn' I guess..."

She couldn't help it, she had to say it. If all went well on this trip he'd end up the same jedi rank as her and she wouldn't have to worry about the master/padawan rules.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"Well, in that case then it's just unfair. You should know me and I can't know you. That's it. No. Now you have to let me learn this lesson. Otherwise you're just being hypocratic. If you want I'll let you fill in your lost gaps..."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira hid her laughter that threatened to bubble to the surface,

"I wouldn't call it unfair, if you didn't get as many injuries as you have I wouldn't know anything about your body either."

She did blush though, between the thought of his hands where they had never been before... and 'filling in the lost gaps'...

This trip might end up very interesting indeed... no... can't give into his charms yet... soon... but not yet...

7MxDMRQ.jpg

"It's not my fault I favor blind heroics over subtle manipulation. I haven't failed us yet, have I?'

Locke was playfully bitter about her decision, using exaggerated expessions motions to show such. As the two reached the entry ramp of their ship Locke paused, offering to let her go first.

"I still think you owe me.."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

"I just don't want to disappoint you Locke...", Kira winked at him again... "won't it be worth the wait?"

She did want to spend more time with him, just didn't want to get too involved while he was still her padawan, once he was a knight it wouldn't matter.

The two entered the ship and headed for the cockpit to warm the ship up.

"Oh by the way, there's a newly commissioned ship upstairs, you can have the honour of naming it, and I'll have a special surprise for you once we get to Coruscant. You will want to conserve your energy for it."

She winked at him again, full of mischief.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Locke lit up, quite excited.

"I sure hope it's a naked surprise!"

Locke punched in the coordinates and took off into orbit, heading past their new MC-90, which he would be calling Fundament Abuse when the time came. He had also planned on changing the name of the "Rejuvenator" to the seemingly appropriate "Retribution," but he could work that in later. At the moment he was focused on the task at hand. Locke let out an excited "Yee-haw" as the ship took off into hyperspace, another short yet exciting flight due to Locke's total incompetence with ships...

Edited by Guest

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

OOC: Let's get a move on already.

IC: "We'll make more progress if we harvest at the same time." Jacobi said to Florndin, he paused and tilted his head, listening for a moment to his helmet's comm unit. "We have an old confiscated freighter on standby, if you want you can come with me now or meet us at Myrkrr later." He turned on his heel and left making his way to the dock where his transport was located."

OOC: Since I have'nt noticed much activity from Cal I'll wait for the normal three day limit. This'll also represent our squad's prep-time.

For the glory of battle

"I'm coming with you, Jacobi. Cal, you should come with us."

Florndin strode off after Jacobi, hurrying a bit, so that he could get ready.

Once on the freighter, he put his stuff in his quarters, and changed into human form.

"Jacobi, let's wait for Cal, and then leave this planet for Myrkr.

Suluric nodded to Florndin and checked over his own equipment.

He observed a dozen well disguised Alliance troops of several races(4 Mon Cali.,3 Gran,4 Human,1 Iktochi techician.) wearing anything from rags to heavy durasteel armor; truly a motley assortment of smugglers. Their weapons were diverse as well, apart from the Mon Calamari all carrying sonic rifles. The Gran had various types of blaster pistols but prefered their vibro swords. One human had a long distance projectile weapon (Disruptor sniper thing in simpler terms), one other used a heavy repeater, the remaining two used blaster rifles. The technician used a carbine and was loaded down with all sorts of gadgets and devices to repair or sabotage electronical equipment, she also carried an infared scope and night vision gear. A pair of speeder bikes was also loaded into the cargo section of the freighter.

"Now we wait for Cal." Suluric said, strapping himself into the pilot's seat.

For the glory of battle

Cal ran into the hangar trying to keep from dropping all of his equipment; R4 followed close behind. Cal climbed onto the the frieghter where he found the rest of the squad.

"Alright guys I am ready, by the way this is R4-D3 we may need him for something so I brought him a long, an astro-mech droid is always handy."

Cal threw down his equipment and sat down. He had packed his alliance armor in a backpack and was still in his civilian clothes. He was willing to go along with his companions plan, he didn't mind going undercover.

((OOC:Sorry about making you guys wait, I had a race all day yesterday I should have told you about it, I will be around all weekend though.))

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

OOC: Well one day is nothing compared to the 3 weeks I'll be gone next weekend . We should have this done before that however and I think we'll even bring in a bigger load than specified, unless there is one of us standing and under one-third of our squad left alive, we stay for a whole month. That's also excluding orders changing and such.

IC: "Alright, let's go."

The freighter cleared the atmosphere and launched into hyperspace, jumping several times to avoid tracking.

OOC:(Short post sorry.) family meeting.

For the glory of battle

((Quite frankly, I've hated roleplaying two characters with one alias, so... Puffi Maa and Renn Hamis finally part ways. And believe it or not... I'm still here. I've had Internet problems the last few days, and I really don't want to abandon this alias.))

Puffi Maa slowly withdrew from his terminal, and glanced at his organic partner, who was staring out the bridge viewport. The Corellian was apparently lost in his own bleak thoughts.

"So, Renn... how's it feel to be a traitor?" The droid kept his tone light, but the Correllian flinched, as though the words physically wounded him. When he finally spoke, the words came out as a croak.

"I've felt better." Renn didn't even bother turning from his view. He just stared at the blue planet in the distance, the final resting place of the crew of a Golan platform. Men that Renn was indirectly responsible for the death of.

For possibly the third time in his life, Renn felt ashamed of himself and his actions. He knew that with the destruction of Rebel craft and the Golan platform, it was impossible for Open Sky--if the faction still existed--to hold the moral high ground. In reality, that Rebel captain was correct; they had betrayed the Rebellion.

How did it come to this? I never intended--we never intended for this to be anything more than a hit and run, not to kill Rebels. We were supposed to be allied with the Rebellion...

That was what Forn Dodonna had said at the founding of the vigilante faction. Separate, yet allied with the Rebellion. And now... they were fighting against their allies. With this battle, they had betrayed their former comrades... and Renn had betrayed Forn. The one woman that had the guts to give him a chance at honor. And Renn had shoved it back in her face, and practically spat on her grave.

Renn vaguely heard the scrape of metal on metal, quickly followed by a sharp puff: the distinctive sound generated by a smoke grenade's detonation. Fooled into thinking there was a fire raging on the bridge, a group of specially equipped MSE-6 maintenance droids sallied forth from a maintenance duct to put out the "fire." Renn turned to ask Puffs what was going on--

--but he wasn't there. The droid was nowhere to be seen. For the first time in years, Renn was now completely alone, alone to face whatever fate awaited him.

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

OOC: No! Not Puffs!

Kirana and Locke, just so you know, Tycho's waiting to be escorted off the bridge or whatever. I'm not going to have him just walk down to the boarding craft. Besides, Tycho still wants to talk to Kirana about this in person at some point.

TychoSig.png

((OOC: Fat Chance. The rules are with us. You came inactive for more than three days, so we captured you. I expected you to get on a ship and go to the surface, and you didn't. Though, I suppose to be fair it's not like a diplomatic meeting with you never went badly. OH WAIT, IT DID! Never mind, I guess we'll just capture you. If you want a ruling go ahead and ask for one. Kirana will come speak to you if you demand it, but you'll be on a holoscreen broadcasting live from the sonic prison cell, where if you talk smack we'll liquefy your organs. Have a nice day.))

Tycho Kosk issued standard prison stripes and is quickly shoved into a tiny prison cell, designed to control dangerous or hostile captives.

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

OOC: Of course I'm fine with that. That's what I expected. Tycho said IC that he would comply with your wishes.

One thing, though: I don't believe they wear prison stripes in Star Wars...

IC: Tycho sat in the small cell, reminding himself that he had accepted this. For a moment he wondered who would pass judgement on him and things of the sort. As far as he was aware the Rebel Alliance had no court system in place, but he had not really been in position to find out in the past.

Regrets formed in his mind. He had not intended to attack the Rebellion like he had. It had been meant to be hit-and-fade, and the loss of Alliance lives was only a direct result of being disabled and attacked. He had acted out of self-defense, not having expected the use of the back door codes.

But this would all be explained. He would plea "self-defense" and explain the full intent of his mission. If everything went well, he would get to continue to the mission with close Alliance supervision, perhaps forging reports of attacks rather than making the attacks themselves.

For now he needed to talk to someone in charge. He had heard of the Admiral Onderin Starlisk, and that he was a Jedi Knight, but the high-ranking officer he had spoken to before seemed to be some sort of faction leader. He would ask to speak to her.

TychoSig.png