Hoth

Tarrian Skywalker

* Haden sees the ship land in the hanger. Haden follows and lands with. Haden walks out of the Havoc and stands near RW*

" I gess they dont give warm welcomes."

I miss Corellia... It's my home planet, right?

Doppler found himself working with the rebels shortly after a private investigation with CorSec opened a few doors it shouldn't have. Finding himself on Rivhen's s*** list, Doppler left CorSec, and found himself tailing after his former boss, Yakooza.

Now I'm on Hoth. Freezing my butt off. Working under Yakooza again.

He checks the security parameter and hails the pirates.

"This is Lieutenant Commander Doppler, of Co... of the Rebellion. What can I do for you?"

*Malachi walked out of his room. He had a long sleep, which normally would have been welcome, but it was Hoth. Hoth, the universe's ice box. And to make it even better there wasn't heat. Whether that was just in his room or in the whole compound didn't matter. It sucked either way.*

"Of all the planets they choose Hoth... Couldn't they have picked a planet that didn't... Suck?"

*Malachi walked up behind Doppler and tapped him on the shoulder.*

"I'm Malachi. I work here. What do you want?"

"Yeah, *Sigh*, clearly I want to help you... 10 Gs. I'm not qualified to offer any more."

Yeah, of coarse, I want to help you, I'm just a rebel tool who enjoys sitting around and helping criminals get rid of their evidence. There is no chance that I don't give a flying f*** about getting you moving faster.

"Take it or wait."

((Kills everyone for there impatience.))

*Yakooza reads over the treaty, due to his past job of being a paper pusher he quickly made sure there where know sorts of loop holes in the text. Moments later his pen went into action and the alliance was finished.*

The lawlessness of this galaxy will end, even if I don't live to see it.

((Per request of Yakooza, I'm taking of the Rebellion on an interim basis.))

Doppler notes the signing of the alliance between the Jedi and the fledgling rebellion with a professional satisfaction. This was good.

One more matter attended to, Doppler monitors a conversation between Malachi and the pirate Ronin and walks over to the two.

"We'll pay what you ask," Doppler cuts in. "We can use the weaponry and supplies they stole. If you can obtain more supplies for us, that would be most helpful."

Doppler turns to Malachi, and pulls him to one side, speaking for his ears alone. "I have a job for you, with the Jedi's alliance temporarily secured, we have access to their shipyards on Mon Calamari. We want that to help aid us in rebuilding our fleet so we're on comparable terms with the Empire. I'll need you there to oversee construction of our new command ship. We'll want either a super class star destroyer or an eclipse class, though without the axial superlaser. Have it called the Liberator."

Doppler gives brief commands to Maria Lynn and Pal Polloda. "I need one of you to go to the Galactic Gunshop. See if you can get a discrete deal on supplies for our troops. I want them outfitted to the point where they could take down a legion of Dark Troopers. Also, look into finding ways to obtain Golan defense platforms and space mines. The other should hold down the fort and manage things here. I'll be heading out to see about taking care of some business."

Doppler takes off in his custom Starviper and heads for Coruscant.

I'm driving a space van and he wants to get a Super Star Destroyer. That's okay, I bet his SSD won't have a "Littering Kicks Ass" bumper sticker.

"Right Doppler. I'll get right on that. If it gets me off this frozen hell hole then it must be good."

*Malachi turned around and slowly made his way to his Y-4, which his affectionately called the Rusty Piece of Sh!t. he didn't have to look long, his ship was not only the only Y-4 in the hanger, it was the only rust ridden hunk of junk with a "Littering Kicks ass" bumper sticker. He climbed in headed toward the c0ckpit. Once he was past the mounds of worthless crap, he climbed into the pilot seat and took off. He went through the atmosphere and took off into hyperspace. His destination, Mon Calimari.*[/i]

Maria Lynn nodded. "I understand the request, and would like to point out that I am a fighter pilot. I'd do better helping rebuild our starfighter corps, not to mention that I don't have a ship to haul weapons anyways. My E-wing is ready to fly at any time, and I'd like to get some starfighter squadrons put back together."

She paused for a moment. "That being said, I'm willing to do whatever you need me to do."

marialynnsig.txt

((OCC it's hard to tell what's reasonable and what's not. The value of credit is hard to define, so I'm just going to make an estimate. If it's unreasonable then tell me. BTW, Maria, Doppler left.))

*Ronin spoke again.*

"30,000 credits. That's what I'm asking. We want this cargo ship, but you can keep the ones that follow. *Ronin paused, the decided to bring up another subject.* And Maria may be good for another task. If the pirates keep bringing shipments of imperial goods to Hoth things may get suspicious. Maybe she could pick them up at a random meeting place, and take them where she needs."

FinalRONIN.png

*Ronin nodded.*

"It couldn't possibly be that bad. After all, you DO get to see me..."

*Ronin winked then walked away, signaling for his men to start unloading the cargo ship. It went quickly, and within the hour it was emptied. A man delivered a crate with his payment. He inspected it carefully, then put it away. Ronin got in the pilot seat of his transport and prepared for takeoff. He shouted out before he closed the hatch.*

"We'll be in touch!"

*And with that Ronin took off, bound for a hidden corner of space.*

FinalRONIN.png

Maria snorted as she watched the pirate's ship retreat through atmosphere. She was half-tempted to take her E-wing up and shoot him down for his insolence.

Pushing aside her anger, she retreated into Echo Base to see what the Rebellion had in terms of starfighters. She was apalled at the measly selection of starfighters. Most of the craft that littered the hanger were ageing Z-95 Headhunters and Y-wings. A few X-wings and A-wings were scattered around, with fewer of the heavily-armed B-wings and E-wings grouped together off to the side.

Man, Maria thought, how am I supposed to get a starfighter group put together when we have out-of-date equipment?

I think I'd better get in touch with Incom.

marialynnsig.txt

• 2 weeks later...

*After spending hours in the hidden tunnels of Hoth, Yakooza finally was finished with the construction. He shook the hands of each tech who had slaved away for days to finish the project and thanked them for there good work. The defensive perimeter was almost online, and the tunnel systems had been worked on.

He turned and began walking from the complex tunnel system which he had taken the time to memorize.

***Hours later***

A modified speeder bike launched out of a cave and dashed toward echo base.*

The lawlessness of this galaxy will end, even if I don't live to see it.

A lone starfighter emerges out of hyperspace not far from the frozen world of Hoth. Tag Solusar opens a communications line and broadcasts a message over an open channel.

This is the lost pilgrim. Repeat, this is the lost pilgrim. Wanting to know where I can find refuge from the cold.

Tag Solusar's eyes drift over the frozen world, which hangs in space before him like a perfect white jewel.

*Total Chaos and Xen-Que Poleb both come to contiousness and relize they are falling just as they strike the soft snow falling knee deep. They have only what they had on them prior to disapearing from Dagobah and appearing on Hoth.*

To be strong of will is but a minor delay in my plan for your total demise

"Raz? RAZ!? RAZ!!!" Xen-Que yells, but it's no use, he is no where in sight. Xen-Que decides that he will not be used as a tool for Raz's doing, especially if he didn't know what he was to do. He takes his Caelstrom and shoves it into the snow, which begins to melt immediately. It begins to rise up as water, and the surrounding snow begins to come towards him, he would rather die.

"You want me alive Raz. Tell me what you want! I know you can hear me!"

xqp-1.jpg

A small group of Rebel freighters and starfighters, led by a lone E-wing piloted by Maria Lynn, emerged from hyperspace over Hoth. Carefully weeding their way through the asteroid belt, the ships descend toward Hoth, carrying a precious cargo of starfighters and munitions.

marialynnsig.txt

Xen-Que becomes frustrated. He sees a some-what low flying ship... an E-wing. Xen-Que gets as far away as the icy water, to the snow as possible, but there was a large formation in the way. Spanning up at least 30 yards. There was similar on the opposite side. He drives his Caelstrom into the edge of the snow, and expands his energy shield, to make walls in between the two formations. He then, while not moving, turns the Caelstrom into it's energy form, and blasts it diagionally, forceing the water to the far formation. Like break water, it comes back thunderous. He waits for it to get a bit closer... now. He picks up TC, and the shield disipates. He runs up as far up the formation as possible, then the water comes under him, and whips them both into the air. They both land on a freither, that is following the e-wing that Xen-Que had saw earlier. Xen-Que draws back his Caelstrom and cuts into the hull of the freighter. He drops TC inside. A droid come up to repair the damage, but Xen-Que hits it like a baseball and it ricochets off the E-wing. He puts away the Caelstrom, goes back, and runs foward. He jumps... and lands on the E-wing...

xqp-1.jpg

Maria stared in shock for a moment as something...no, someone landed on her E-wing. Reflexively, she slapped the stick to the far left, spinning the craft on its side. Whoever it was clung to the E-wing's slender nose as Maria wildly maneuvered the starfighter.

Trying to ditch her unexpected visitor, Maria tugged the E-wing through a loop, heading straight through the convoy. She barely registered the calls of distress as she streaked through the freighters.

One of the freighters, a Gallofree transport carrying concussion missiles, began losing altitute. Maria's R7 unit scrolled diagnostic data of the freighter across her screens, showing it had suffered hull breech.

Sithspit! Maria thought. If that freighter hits, the explosion will destroy the entire convoy!

Still trying to shake her hitchhiker, Maria flipped her comlink on. "All ships, get clear of that freighter going down! Repeat, get clear!"

marialynnsig.txt

OOC: Ok, for the record, a hull breech wouldn't cause a ship to lose function.

Xen-Que sees the freighter going down, "Hey, come down! I'm a Blademaster, I'm just trying to find civilization, I got dumped on this system!"

With that, Xen-Que jumps off of the E-wing and onto the freighter. He goes inside and picks up the steel plate that he had cut out. He puts it up where it was, summons his Caelstrom, and uses the heat to wield the piece of metal back on. He runs into the cockpit and tells the people there to try and see if there's a problem with the engine. Xen-Que, whether the pilot liked it or not, took the controls, and pulled up hard on the control stick. He closes his eyes and tries to use the Force as well as he can to keep the freighter from crashing head first. He continues to pull the lever has hard as he can. He then sees a shield generator, most likely for the convoy's base. He tries to steer it in that general direction. He manages to level off, about thirty seconds before the ship gets near the ground. "Activating Repulsorlift." Xen-Que says to himself as the freighter gets close enough to the ground to activate the repulsorlift. The repulsor lift fails about 4 yards above the ground, and falls into the snow. Xen-Que squeezes his eyes shut as the ship hits...

--

--

--

He was still alive, which means that the cargo was intact. Xen-Que re-enters the room where TC was and informs him that he is leaving the freighter.

Xen-Que exits the ship covered in sweat. He looks up and waits for the leader to land...

xqp-1.jpg

OOC: You just cut through a ship's hull with a Caelstrom...you don't think there's potential you did more than just breech the hull? Circuits or wiring damage?

IC:

Maria watched the man in amazement. Damned Jedi, she thought. She brought the E-wing around carefully, setting her sites on the figure. The starfighter settled easily into the snow beside the damaged freighter.

"R7," she ordered aloud before she cracked the canopy, "if something goes wrong, open up with a salvo of torps. I don't know who this guy is, but if he's hostile, we are not going to let him off-planet. These Force-users are too dangerous."

As the canopy rose, the R7 whistled an affirmative. Maria understood that the torpedo detonation would cause the freighter's cargo to detonate, but it would be worth it if this guy was a Sith or something.

marialynnsig.txt

Tag Solusar pilots his starfighter to the location provided by the voice on the end of the line. Tag lands next to the small shack. Pulling his blaster free from the holster at his side, Tag checks the charge and smiles. With the press of a button, the X-wing's canopy opens and Tag is met by blistering cold. A moment later the pilot is walking through snow knee-deep. Sliding open the door to the shack, the starfighter pilot enters. His vision is momentarily blurred from the change of light.

"Something is going on out there. A battle or something. We've got to do something!"

*Watches in amazement as a Ty'kaa Blademaster goes about smashing things. Finally the last of the big events pass as the E-wing lands and the canopy opens. It walks forward quickly and intercepts the young lady as she starts to get out.*

Um... Rebels right? Sorry my companion and I were on a far less freezing planet not to long ago and we suddenly found ourselves here. Perhaps you could tell me who your leader is.

A shift of balance, shall merit the attention of Chaos

(In the Dog House since 1983)