Kashyyyk

RaveN

Crosa sized the boy up. He wasn't a boy, as he looked a good 21, yet he acted like a mere teenager. He must learn that he can't just take everything. Instead of Crosa starting a lecture, he decided to have the boy eventually learn the hard way. Lessons were learned better that way.

"So, Breel, you're a theif? Interesting. You fight well for someone who attempts to make himself as invisible as possible..."

Crosa paused, thinking over his next course of action. When he had decided, he spoke up.

"Alright then, since you have proved yourself to Black Sun by.. retreiving these lightsabers, and probably going through simulations, I'll let you make the decision of your next and final step of training. You may engage with an agent in a duel, or you may spar with me. Either way, I'll be able to critic your fighting ability, and see where you belong in Black Sun. Sound Reasonable? Or do you want to go home now?"

Crosa smiled. He knew that Breel would most likely engage the agent over himself, though something inside Crosa wished that Breel would choose to fight him instead. Besides the experience Breel would gain from such a duel, Crosa had been itching for some form of combat. He awaited the answer from Breel.

((Quick explanation.. Either way, you will be fighting me, but the agent will have less resources and less fighting ability, making it easier for you. Also, just making it clear that it won't be a modded duel, in case you didn't know. ))

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

Crosa grinned. He was midly surprised, but nothing more. He took his cloak off and placed it to the side, along with his blaster, vibroblade, and thermal detonaters.

"Okay than, let's begin. I'm sure you understand that this duel will be as non-lethal as possible, though don't be afraid to hurt me."

With that said, Crosa launched forward, throwing punches while testing Breel's reflexes. After throwing the punches, Crosa came in for a quick kick into Breel's stomach. While in the midst of this move, Crosa reminded himself that Breel may be a shiftshaper, and no matter how inexperienced, Crosa should not underestimate him.

((OOC: Whenever you're ready...))

8HRxc.jpg[/url]

• 2 weeks later...

Halál landed near the spot that he was training at before, ready to take Slicer's challenge. On the ground, several feet away from him, lay the grenade, completely undamaged. He opened up to the force, like he had many times, and concentrated on the shape of the object. Experimentally, he bounced it on a cushion of the force, testing his strength. Now, unlike the other times, he would have to be much more precise in his use, as opposed to the raw power he had used before.

Using his mind, Halál was able to mold the force, bending it into a tiny, hook-shape. He moved towards the pin with precision, careful not to knock against the other pieces. He concentrated fully upon the object, lest he send the grenade spiraling towards himself. If that were to happen, it would be extremely problematic and painful, to say the least. After locating the pin that would set the explosive off, he pressed down, and then released.

The air was filled with a shattering explosion as the frag went off in front of him, burning a hole into the earthy ground. A sensation greater than any other filled Halál as he watched the detonation with the force, seeing each shockwave of power expanding. He spoke to his master using the force,

I have completed your mission

halalsig.png

My sig is my RP profile...

My Chaos profile

Illusion, deception, these were the things he thought about when he used the force. He was not one to flaunt his powers. Much better to preserve and be ready than exhaust and be unable to respond.

However, given the general over all nature of the galaxy and what would soon be coming his way, he felt the need to contiune refining his skills, beyond that of what he normally considered.

It was for that reason he had captured a number of seemingly healthy wookiees. After he had sent halal out, he felt the need to once again practice on the wookiees, since they were not only on hand, but a familiar species for him to toy with. If anything he had their brain wave patterns, their senses, and the like mapped out just as well as he had with a human brain. He could make them feel pain on demand, confound their senses, and appear invisible to them, even as he stood right next to them. He had done it quite a few times, but he hadn't trained as hard or as diligently with his skills as he had been in these past few weeks on kashyyyk.

The wookiee problem had of course grown out of proportions. He actually had mix feelings on that. he had also caused the non affected wookiees, to develop a sort of local legend about him, as he had b een appear as of late in the wookiee villages disgused as a rather hideous monster he had thought up in his dreams.

The idea of subjugating an entire village of wookiees had proven a bit daunting, since all he was going for was to trick their minds. On the first few attaempts he had failed, but with each try he was able to trick more and more wookiees at a time. Which was a good thing. it had gone from hunting parties, to town council meetings to now an entire village.

It was on his return from one such foray into a village where he felt his apprentice arrival on world, with out the prescene of a light side being.

Typical

Settling even higher into the tree tops, he watched his apprentice practice with the grenade once more, as if only too eager to go back at such a simple exerisce.

With a resounding sucess at his completion, Halal then felt it prudent to tell Slicer of such a fact using the force.

Heh, I opened him up to the force, and now he uses it like a crutch. I will ween him of it soon enough. Only after he has decent mastery over it. No need to tear teh starving babe from the mother's tit after all.

Dropping through the branches and leaves, he landed with a resounding impact enough to startle those who were unprepared.

"So I see. I assume your meeting with the Jedi was unfruitful. A shame, as it will only doom those affected. You seem to have a good deal of the basics down. Your next task shall be to channel the force inside of your being. Force it to boost yourself. Practice this until you can run at an unnatural speed, hit harder than you should and jump ten meters into the air."

He turned away.

"Oh and you should do it before I decide to depart from this doomed world."

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

Halál stood stock still as he listened to Slicer speak. The way in which he manipulated the force was extremely impressive indeed. Until a fraction of a second before he landed, Halál had not even sensed his Master's presence at all. This would be noted, for later training in the force. First, he would have to completely these tasks, though, and they were not going to be easy.

The times that Halál had used the force before hand had been dealing with using it to manipulating other objects. Pushing and pulling were the extents of this practice, and nothing more. In order to increase his speed, though, he would have to channel the force through his body, building the power in his legs. Concentration would also be a difficult to keep, as constant movements would be needed in order to avoid other objects.

He concentrated upon his calves and quads, sending the force rippling through the powerful muscles. Beginning to run, he sent a surge of strength through, causing him to jolt forward”¦ and smacked into a tree. Groaning from pain, he stood up and performed the exercise again, though cautious of the amount of force used. Control was critical, as his space was severely limited.

Halál sprinted as fast as he could, like lightening through the trees. The force allowed him to concentrate on avoiding the natural hazards provided by the Kashyyyk undergrowth, and he moved with ease. At one point, he sped partially up a tree, the momentum allowing him to move vertically, at least temporarily. He raced onwards, feeling the tropical air around him.

Suddenly, he felt his power slip from him, ”˜I have used too much energy.' And he fell dizzily in a heap and closed his eyes, unable to retain consciousness.

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

It was about time for him to go that much was certain. Given that general nature of his life, and the work that normally followed it, he decided to do the unexpected.

Releasing numerous captive wookiees, he flew around to the other side of the planet, a place that had been unaffected as his previous sector had been.

There after much wrangling and haggling, he was able to get his ship serviced. He was having a simply upgrade done to the shields. Granted what he was using, wasn't out there on the market, and was really still in it's experimental phases. However, he would only accept the best, and given this was currently the best anywhere near the market, he decided to take it.

Given he had time on his hands, and he also had a few things he needed to complete, he took a little trip into the village to see what he could come up with, while he waited for the service to be completed.

ship

Halál stirred, and sat up, staring at his surroundings. He had pushed himself to the limit, farther than ever before, and it had cost him. Now, though, he was rested, and ready to finish the tasks that Slicer had given him. Springing up upon his rejuvenated legs, Halál concentrated upon focusing his energy in his hands and arms this time, so that he may hit harder than before. The cool feeling of the force flowing through his sore limbs soothed him, and he felt alive. The familiar surge of power rushed through his veins, and he smiled at the energy that he wielded. Halál looked around, and spied a tree directly in front of him. Pushing even more of the force into his hand, he threw a punch, as hard as he could, at the trunk. A shattering sound went through the air as his knuckle hit the bark. But, fortunately, it was not his hand that made the noise, but the tree itself. All of the bark on the spot that he had punched had flown off, and he had created a dent into the tree.

Careful to keep his concentration, Halál sent even more energy through his hand, and then slammed his palm into the tree, and watched as it split. Again and again he did this, with more energy each time, and finally, the tree collapsed, splintered at its bottom. The tall worshyr fell, and crashed into other trees, allowing sunlight to pour into the normally gloomy bottom layer.

After finishing this task, Halál once again placed the force into his legs, just as with the running drill. However, instead of sprinting, he launched off the ground, the energy exploding as he lifted off. His jump carried him higher than he had ever leapt before, and he cushioned his fall with the force. Unable to contain his pleasure, Halál bounded back into the shuttle, and took off after his master.

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

He whistled a nice even tune as he was able to purchase a number of gaseous goodies from a human arms dealer dealing in contraband items. It seemed with the recent invasion of the galaxy unconventional weapons were a lot easier to get a hold of.

He felt his apprentice coming and gave a slow deliberate eye roll, before remembering his apprentice had plenty of reason to feel he might get abandoned. So simply shrugging it off which was rather out of line with him, he instead decided it was time to start getting a few things out of the way.

First and foremost, he went to pick up his ship with its new upgraded shields. He knew there could be some risk with it but, it was rather hard to pass up such an interesting toy.

The second was he practiced a bit of localized terror making rather huge elaborate images, this time blanking his entire ship. Granted he wasn't trying to be very creative, he was simply testing the limits in how far he could go with illusions, in both size and scope.

The third and rather important thing, was getting along with some business. For that he reluctantly opened up a Comm to the cruiser his ship had been passively monitoring overhead it had been simple to deduce that was what he was facing.

---COMM---

"Attention orbital Black Sun cruiser. It is imperative that I speak to a man known as Canderous. Is he amongst you, and if not can you patch me through to him?"

---COMM---

He left his visage off of the transmitter which gave it the impression of a disembodied voice. he figured things were always better that way.

ship

After a few hyperspace jumps to cover his tracks, the Corellian Corevette belonging to Canderous exited hyperspace below Kashyyyk. Coming up around the Black Sun forces orbiting the planet, Canderous returned their comm.

Comm to Black Sun Armada

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Canderous Bralor. You may patch me through now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Comm

With that, Canderous sat back and awaited their reply. He still wondered who it was, hoping it was not who he thought it to be. If it was, Canderous would end him this time.

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

With his first step back onto the lush green forest floor a dark pulse spread across the planet's surface, silent as quick as it manifest. It wasn't as he remembered it. Mysterious, deadly, his home was once a place of infinite wonderment. Now it held nothing but disdain. Every tree, every pathetic life form clinging to existence did nothing but insult him. Nothing on this planet was worth the force it demanded. The only thing left for him here now were those that decided to inhabit it.

Come

Slicer raised en eyebrow, before simply working his way through the comm channels to create a direct hook up between himself and Canderous. He briefly wondered what they two men from Nar shada he had brought here were up too but, not really caring he decided to continue on with his business.

---Comm---

"Canderous Bralor I have come to ask a favor of you meet me in Kachirho City in one hour. I think you will find it quite interesting. I much rather discuss this in person then on a potentially insecure comm channel."

He allowed his armored visage to briefly appear on screen, as if he was currently working on something and had simply passed the monitor.

"Don't worry about where in the city, I'll find you."

----comm---

Upon ending the comm he became aware of something else that could be a potential help and or problem. He was normally pretty aware to the currents of the force when he made side trips to this world. A strange fact to be sure. Never the less, he felt the appropiate precautions would need to be set up. The last time he had an unexpected visitor while visiting this forest world, things hadn't gone entirley to plan.

ship

Canderous listened to the comm attentively as he searched the planet's surface charts for the place known as Kachirho City, never having visited the forest planet. He knew much about it's native species, among most of it's history and theories, but never had he been to the planet firsthand. Brushing the hair from upon his scar filled face, he began his decent upon the planet. He was in no rush due to the time frame he had, so he would take his time and enjoy the scenery.

Landing wasn't a problem for Canderous as he entered the dense jungle, but manuevering wasn't exactly his strongest asset. The ship groaned as it's sides scrapped among the trees, giving off a sound very similar to mating rancors. But soon he cleared the landing pad and landed rather gacefully despite his carniverous entrance. With a standard hiss and a few clanks, the door opened to reveal the hunter known as Canderous.

Most of the onlookers were stunned to see the hunter upon their hospitable planet, but went about their buisness when Canderous caught gaze of their ackward stares. Shaking his silver hair out of his face once again, the Mandalorian turned away and made his way toward the nearest Cantina. He was rather hungary after his long trip.

Ordering a small meal, he awaited the mysterious gent who requested his presence upon the jungle planet. Something just did not sit right about this.

darmanda.png

Even if the man hadn't left a trail even a blind bantha could follow when coming down to the planet, he would have still had the force to guide him. The man had a special presence in the force. It helped he was always more familiar with it then he should be.

Naturally, it didn't take long for him to track down the cantina the man had settled into.

Clichés never die it seems.

The door opened and even though he knew what was in there before he entered he was still taken off guard a bit. The idea of a drunk wookiee wasn't the greatest to be sure, and he was under the impression, they didn't tempt themselves in such a fashion for fear of becoming a mad claw while in a drunk stupor.

However looking at a room full of wookiees in various stages of getting drunk could still be considered unsettling. He inched his way along until he found the most human looking being in the place. He matched the face to memory, forgoing any sort of analysis into the matter. It was the force impression that made the man stick out more than anything else.

"Hello, Canderous. Long time no see."

ship

In reserved meditation he sat, his patience dwindling the less they followed his call. It hadn't be an optional command, and yet they chose to ignore it. He couldn't let such insolence go unpunished. His words may not have held as much weight as his master's, but they still held their own weight. He stood from sitting position and looked to the bright blue Kashyyykan sky. To anyone else it appeared as if he were staring at a blank sky. They wouldn't notice the small dot steadily growing larger in the sea of blue. Within moments it came into view. Ezra, a small black mech with massive blood red wings came plummeting toward Julio. Mere seconds before crashing into the planet the wings unfolded, stopping twenty feet above it's master. Ezra's crimson wings beat steadily against the air as it slowly descended. The mechanical giant bowed to Julio, stretching it's wings wide in display of it's frame. Julio left his mind to touch the mech, examining the design down to the most minute detail. It was all there. Everything he wanted Ezra to be, it was. Satisfied, he commanded the cockpit open. With a little help from the force, he jumped the twenty some feet up, landing gingerly in the pilot's seat. The cabin sealed with a hiss as it pressurized itself.

Soon he was airborne, in a bee line for those who had refused to heed his command. In an hour he was on the outskirts of the capitol city. Ezra's massive sword Grond came in hand, poised for demolition. He made no attempt at subtlety, flying low through the city streets, cleaving at the foundation of buildings as he flew by. Buildings were reduced to rubble as he passed, chaos and terror striking into the denizen's hearts as the black angel robbed them of their peaceful lives. Julio stopped outside of the cantina, hovering in air as the crimson wings flapped steadily in air. With another massive swing, the roof of the cantina was ripped from the building's hold. Ezra pointed it's sword toward the exposed cantina at the occupants inside, Canderous singled out from all of the bar's patrons.

Halál recieved the encrypted comm from Slicer, and once again flew away from the jungle planet. For the first time in his life, he would visit Nar Shaddaa, the home of the criminal underworld. Taking one backwards glance at the forests that he had called home, he headed for the urban moon, without even an ounce of plant life to be found. It would be a pleasant change.

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

Canderous slowly finished his meal, taking in hand the white linen tablecloth and wiping the excess food that laid upon his mouth as a familiar face walked in. Or rather in this case, familiar armored figuare. The Mandalorian had paid no head to the large wookies surrounding him until now, not that it much mattered. Especially seeing that he could match their strength. In fact it sounded quite fun, but today was not that kind of day. Slicer had called him here for reason, and now was the time to find out what it was exactly that he wanted with Canderous.

"Indeed it has been a while Slicer. Why have you beckoned me?... I imagine it's not to simply catch up." Canderous spoke. He held no ill toward the former Black Sun agent, and even had defending him when the 'Council banished him. But he wondered silently to himself if Slicer thought otherwise. It would explain the secrecy of intentions through the comm wave.

But before Slicer could respond, chaos struck. Screams and the sounds of a thousand laser cannons came echoing into the Cantina from outside. Grow closer, panic and unknowing replaced the initial chaos as Canderous found his hands upon Isabella and Scarlett. Reaction was the next step as Canderous dove off to the side as the roof of the cantina fell, letting the light reign supreme admist the dark corridors. Clouds rolled in, unleashing a drenching rain as the mood of battle engulfed the entire capital city. Whoever this metallic beast was, it was a Mandalorian in which he faced.

Shaking loose from upon his brow, the drenched silver locks that did cover his face, Canderous stood before his mighiest opponent with true grace. He never backed down from an opponent, this was his way. His clothes grew soaked as the rain poured heavier, the storm seeming as if had merely manifested it's self soley for the mood. His gaze shifted from Slicer to the Mech, the armored appearance of Slicer leaving Canderous blank as to his reaction. He knew his chances of survival were slim, but just perhaps with Slicer's help they both stood a chance.

Sending Slicer the signal to flank the armored beast, Canderous took his own chance to slay it. Though the beast was quick, the armored shell still could not compete with the speed of the mortal shell, and gave the Mandalorian just enough time to climb the blade using the teachings that his Echani born Miraluka mother once taught him. He hadn't expected to reach it's top before the mech(Furion) moved it from it's angled point, but it did give him enough time to reach a high enough position to achieve his destination, the rubber in the soles of his boots protecting him from the electrical currents.

Unsheathing the Blade of Bralor once more, as well as Isabella, he made his first move. Spraying the beasts shell with kisses from Isabella as he pushed off the blade and flipped over it toward it's backside, he brought the Blade of Bralor ever so closer to the metallic beast's fuel lines.

((I may have overpowered just a bit, so just roll with it. I'm tired and i promised you guys a post. Ohh, and if it's alright and Slicer's game, i left him an opening to join in. He can either help Canderous or betray him.))

darmanda.png

Idiot.

Julio only watched as the mandalorian charged the twenty five foot monstrosity, futilely peppering the durasteel frame with bullets as he ran up the massive blade. Courage was something to be admired in an opponent to be sure, but blind courage did nothing but get a man killed. As Canderous moved to flip over the mech's head, Julio flicked the tip of the massive blade upward, propelling the mandalorian much higher than he had anticipated. As he poised his blade to strike through the armored hull to the very heart of the machine, images of death and pain flashed in Canderous' mind with Julio's malicious aid. His opponent momentarily distracted, Julio seized the opportunity, sending the mech straight up at a phenomenal speed, crashing into the mandalorian while he was suspended in air. Higher and higher he flew until the very air became too thin to breath. When the time came close to choose to leave the atmosphere or not, the mech flipped, sending Canderous in a deadly free fall. Ezra shot down, quickly catching up to the rag doll mandalorian. The mech's large metal hand balled up to a fist, punching at the armored figure with all it's might. Now the body fell faster, his acceleration stopped only by terminal velocity the air offered. The mech charged on again, speeding past Canderous and stopping a mere forty feet below him. Julio reached out to cushion Canderous' broken body, catching him in the large arms of Ezra. Nothing could withstand a blow from such a large ship and remain in tact. Julio landed the mech back at the cantina, Canderous locked in a vicious bear hug with Ezra. Julio jumped out of his ship and walked into the broken cantina. He tossed a a small chip to Slicer and walked away, talking over his shoulder as he left.

The money is in that account. I'll be in touch soon.

He jumped back into the mech and flew to his ship awaiting him in the forests. There he loaded the unconscious, broken body of Canderous and took off, the mech flying off to a location only Julio knew.

A cold fury washed over him as he caught the credit chip with a practiced movement. He was”¦ upset at the notion that he had been interrupted. The fury was irrational and unnecessary so he squelched it down and got rid of it. If it needed to be dealt with later he would do so. Still unmoving from the initial assault on the cantina he survey the damage all around him. There was a single indication of his action being a slight tilting of his head to get a better view of something in front of him.

For the most part those in the bar were quite upset, yet they clearly had nothing to focus their anger on. Unfortunately, that did not last long. A few of the more or less upright patrons had watched the small interaction and had decided that clearly the thing to vent their anger on was the Armored being standing in the ruins.

Loud barks and guttural roars were suddenly shouted, directed at him, as well as at the other patrons in the bar. Despite the sudden escalation in hostilities, Slicer did not feel any apparent need to move. His ship was already on the way. Having been launched shortly after the initial appearance of the Mech.

Granted he had known it was coming. The little whippier snapper had radiate all sorts of things in the force. His presence was just on of many things. He had assumed it to be some sort of ship, so he did have to admit he was slightly surprised at a mech that was about five times his own height.

Canderous had been brave, a bit foolish, yet brave. Though the response from that young Sith had been perhaps a bit much. He remember the last time he had been close to the upstart was when he had, brought the group here the first time. Then the young man had annoyingly got into some sort of squabble with one of the members of his small little group. It was of no matter an annoyance one day could be an ally the next if the price was right.

He took note of a few more menacing wookiees in the room had drawn their famous wookiee bowcasters and even the few humans in the room had drawn a blaster or two. He continued to let their guttural barks wash over him like white noise and began feeding the information he had gotten from watching the mech in action into his Ship's database. Where it would then be relayed to his much larger database.

Suddenly a premonition in the force caused him to focus on his immediate present and it just so happened he dodged what looked like a drunken knife swing from a rather upset human patron.

Not in the mood for spilling the blood of fools, he summoned the force and sent the fellow sprawling into the wookiee he had identified as the real trouble maker in this little predicament.

He started toward the door and was forced to slam his knee into the gut of another charging male human.

This is getting out of hand.

Grabbing him by the collar he tossed him aside and then all Hell broke loose. A fury of blaster bolts surged their way toward him, yet paying it no attention he simply continued onward toward the door. The shots struck him in the back, shoulders and head, well the ones that hit anyway. Then just as surprisingly as he had made no move to evade, the blaster bolts deflected off his person.

The silence that befell the room almost allowed him to make it to the door, when he was suddenly beset by a number of wookiess drunk enough to use what ever they could get their hands on. Suddenly everything seemed like it was moving in slow motion to him. He felt as if he was moving at the normal speed, yet his audio sensors seemed to be picking up a strong wind. A crackling feel was the only was he could describe his motions, as everyone in the room seemed mired in thickened time. His helmet combat computer clicked in as he quickly assigned it almost thirty targets to keep track of. Including the wookiee that seemed to have started it all.

What transpired in the room in what felt like long minutes actually ended in seconds. He was nigh untouchable. Using a combination of grips, locks, throws and kicks, he sent his adversaries sprawling in multiple directions all seemingly at once. An elbow jab split open the face of a wookiee who had grabbed a plank from the ruined building and had intended to smash his head with it. A crescent kick knocked a man to the floor who had pulled out a dagger. A simply toss over the shoulder throw lifted a wookiee twice his size and sent him crashing into another group of assailants.

Not to be deterred another wave seemed to swarm him, yet given his unnatural speed and reflexes, they met the same fate as the first wave had. Upon the third wave, he had had enough and the bones started breaking. In the span of less than a minute he had single handed ended up demolishing his drunken attackers and calmly walked over to the door, stepping over bodies in the process. Pausing at the door he drew his carbonite gun and leveled it at a certain wookiee. The instigator though grumbling in pain still had enough time to register his fate as Slicer pulled the trigger freezing him to the spot.

Cretin

His ship calmly hovered above the scene of the carnage, those wounded from the initial assault as well as Slicer's self defense only seemed to moan at the sight of it. Surprised nothing was trying to shoot him down, he leapt upward into his ship, the ramp closing behind him, and with in moments was away from the planet. He had more pressing business to deal with.

ship

• 2 weeks later...

A comm came in for Crosa.

--Comm--

Report back to Black X-1 ASAP. You will be undertaking a new mission with Kal and myself.

Jacen

--End Comm--

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Halál stepped from the cloning tank on Kashyyyk, feeling surprisingly refreshed, compared to his last few seconds of his previous life. No longer did the fire of the crowded Nar Shaddaa streets torture his skin, and the sharp pain from shrapnel was a memory long gone. It was good that he had contacted his ship in his last surviving seconds, as he was able to get a clone ready almost instantaneously, and his ship would be waiting for him on the forest floor. After stretching his muscles, Halál walked out of the building designed specifically for cloning, hidden in the undergrowth.

Outside, he felt truly alive once again, as he was able to once again breathe in the refreshing air of the outdoors. The dampness in the atmosphere relieved him, and his shuttle sat out there, awaiting his call. Inside, he found the weapons he had chosen to leave before his journey, including the metallic tail that he then chose to reattach to his body. The other armaments consisted of a sniper rifle, thermal detonators, and a blaster pistol. Once he was fully equipped and suited up, he sent an encrypted message to Slicer

------------------------------

”˜What is my next assignment, my lord?'

------------------------------

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

He received the secret comm. with glee previously unmatched. The news involved something that he had been waiting a long time for, the moment of truth for all those that were in training. Finally, he would construct his lightsaber. The lightsaber, the weapon of all Sith and Jedi, would finally would be within his grasp to build, as the comm. divulged the necessary instructions to do so. This weapon was beyond any power imaginable, and thousands would fall beneath its crushing might.

In silence, Halál walked through the forest, taking in the air around him, feeling stronger with each passing second. While he had most of the equipment needed for lightsaber construction (the metal, the sensors, etc.), all ordered long in advance, but he was still missing the key component, the focusing crystals. Normally, he could also attain these through a purchase, but he did not feel that it was adequate for a true blade, as his saber should be one made to perfection. Crystals could be found nearly anywhere, as long as one knew where to look, and Halál was nearly certain where to find the three that would be used within his saber.

Miles away, there was a cave that he had discovered long ago, as a small child. At that time, he had not known what the strange stones had been, and had left them without a care. It was there that he would venture to find the stone that would provide the ultimate weapon. On the way, he would have to pass multiple creatures, famed for the vicious tactics that they implemented upon enemies. This time, though, he would go blindfolded. Open completely to the force, it would allow him to both improve his reactions and immerse himself within the mythical power. Also, the strength and dexterity required to do so would be enough to prove that he was deserving of the blade. Tying a piece of dark fabric across his eyes, Halál pulled out only his knife, and headed for the cave, aware of everything around him through the use of only his mind.

-------------

It was late afternoon, and he was approaching the crystal cave that was the object of his desire. Minutes ago he had entered the dominion of the webweavers, an extremely dangerous place to be under normal circumstances, let alone with a blindfold on. All of a sudden, he felt a jolt in his senses, a sure warning of impending danger. Almost too late, he dove to his right, feeling something large brush against his shoulder. Completely devoted to the force, Halál picked a stance that would allow him to be defensively ready, holding his blade cautiously in front of him. Again his senses spiked, and he rolled underneath the beast as it pounced, thrusting his blade up and into its chest. Squealing with pain, it lunged again, and Halál sidestepped, only to be knocked in the back by another webweaver.

Groaning with pain, Halál reached out to the force again, summoning all of his energy. Releasing the pent up power, he sent one of the webweavers slamming into a tree trunk, crushing its body. As for the other, he slammed the knife into its body over and over again, dodging its flailing limbs, killing it eventually. After wiping the blood off the wookiee knife, he continued his journey towards the crystals.

--------------

The cave was emanating with power, the force creating an aura around the crystals. Climbing into the cavern, he immediately began searching for the appropriate stones, feeling them with his mind. The three that suited him the best would be the ones that he used for his lightsaber, those that called to him. Opening his mind, feeling the crystals around him, Halál felt a cluster that echoed through the force greater than the others. Tearing off his blindfold, he picked them up, examining the utter magnificence. A dark orange-red color greeted his eyes, filling him with wonder. Palming them, he left the cave, and headed back to his ship, to begin the construction of his blade.

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

Bang! Bang! Bang! Halál slammed the hammer into the metal over and over again, beating it into a shape of perfection. For days, he had been working with the material, constructing an excellently balanced hilt, made specifically for the dueling that would come with such a blade. There was something beneath this, though, that was at work, something extraordinary. Besides hammering the metal in the metallurgy inside of a wookiee village, he was simultaneously meshing the solid with the force; flawlessly constructing the pieces to fit without any blemish in the cold, silver finish. The blade was similar to his training saber that he had before, though angled slightly. This way, he would be nearly accustomed to the attacks, but also giving an edge over his opponents, as all of his slashes and strikes would be marginally off from a straight blade, just barely enough to make a difference in a full scale fight. He continued with his work, constructing the blade with which he would destroy his enemies.

----------------------------------------------------

After finishing the handle of his lightsaber, Halál began to place the other components within, fitting the crystals and other assorted materials in perfect unison, careful to wire it correctly, he spent hours at a time, allowing the perfect amount of space for each tool, so that there would be no chance that it shorted out at any point because of circuitry malfunctions. He used a mixture of the force and raw strength in order to put these components together, working diligently for hours, and he would not stop until it was finished.

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

Halál breathed outwardly as he saw his lightsaber before him, completely finished after days of pain and toil. The completed object was a masterpiece, truly spectacular to the eye. He hefted the handle, feeling the cool, metallic grip of the hilt, swinging it experimentally. The weight was prefect, and the angle at which the blade would ignite would be enough to throw enemies slightly off balance, at least enough to give him an advantage. Looking into the hilt, and at his surroundings, he stopped, as a memory took hold of his conscious, wrapping his mind in visions of the past.

----------------------------------

He had been fourteen at the time, still a child in the eyes of many. He lived with his mother inside of the wookiee village, extremely poor, owning less than the dirt beneath their feet. His father had left long ago, leaving them in a time of desperate need. Nobody helped them at all, not even the kindest of the wookiees, for they were different, they were human. Anti-human sentiment was very strong, and they secretly loathed the pair, wishing they would die and leave the village forever. As a younger child, Halál had not paid attention to the food that his mother brought home, did not question where she had gotten it. The bread that she brought home, to feed him, to keep him alive, would be her downfall.

It had been in the morning when he found out, when his mother had not shown up the night before. This had happened occasionally, so Halál was not worried, although he did have an intense feeling of apprehension, he felt like something was wrong. Ignoring his instincts, he had stayed within the ramshackle hut, waiting for his mother to return. At about eight o'clock, he had heard a knock on the crumbling sod, and tense voices outside of the building. Opening the door, he was greeted by two large wookiees, both in standard police uniform.

”œMay I help you?”

Edited by Guest

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

• 2 weeks later...

Halál left his shuttle, and began unloading the items that he had bought on Nar Shaddaa. After taking out all of the items that he had brought along with him, he laid them delicately within their positions throughout the now deserted village.

Halál placed the explosives that he had been storing on board all around the site, making sure to cover all the entrances and exits. Then, he moved on towards the prison encampment on the north side of the village, gingerly placing his newly acquired drugs within a small room. After finishing with these menial tasks, he went to the defensive structure that had been set up, although it had ultimately failed the villagers that had dwelled within.

He concentrated mainly upon making sure the turret defense system was set accordingly, fixing all of the problems with the automated e-webs that had not been in use for a little while. The perimeter around and in the village was completely covered by these guns, and his other defensive measures were also set accordingly. He gave instructions via the computer for the defenses to activate should any hostiles show, whether air or land based. Any objects that were located within a kilometer radius would be notified, and Halál's datapad would be sent the information immediately. After admiring his handiwork, Halál sat down heavily in the chair, waiting for the arrival of his guests, and especially the one whom he had employed, Crosa, with whom Halál was very much pleased. He would arrive all in good time, and then would be given his next assignment, should he succeed in the first.

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

Seth could hardly see anything from above the canopy of this forest planet, but as his ship had descended past the tops of the trees, he had seen the village he was looking for.

Seth exited his vessel, carefully examining the foundations of this settlement to which he had been told to come. This was the first time he had been to Kashyyyk or to any planet other than his homeworld, Glee Anselm, before. Seth had heard about Kashyyyk, though, and the Wookiees that inhabited it, but he did not see any Wookiees here at the landing pad.

However, Seth remembered that he had come to this planet with a purpose, and so he quickly forgot about the Wookiees. He began walking around the village, enjoying the fresh forest air, as he looked for the man who had summoned him.

(OOC: 100th Post!!!)

Halál, sitting inside of his hangar, felt the unknown presence slip within his defenses, entering the city from the forest side. Unaware of such a breach in his security system, coolly peered into the mind of the defenseless being, brushing the thoughts and emotions of the pitiful creature. Satisfied that it could do no harm, Halál unsheathed his small wookiee knife, and stepped out of the control room, into the forest air. He loped through the streets, passing by the rotted, fetid bodies that he had slain only a few days before. The giant Kashyyyk insects were eating away at the flesh, and the pungent aroma swept through his nostrils, burning his eyes from the harsh assault upon his senses.

Slipping silently, with the force guiding him towards his target, Halál crept ominously towards the Nautolan male, climbing onto the roof of a small building. As the confused creature passed just beneath Halál's hiding spot, he leapt forward, sending his legs into the back of the water dwelling soul. Pummeling the creature with his feet, Halál sent a rush of emotions into his own mind, enough to cause the pheromone sensing being to go completely crazy with anguish as they overwhelmed his senses. Then, taking his blood encrusted knife to the hapless creature's throat, Halál spoke in a steely voice,

”œWhat is your name, scum?”

halalsig.png

My Chaos profile

Having been caught completely off guard, Seth had managed to get knocked face down with this creature on his back. Confused and bewildered, Seth shook violently to free himself from the grasp of this putrid smelling beast, only to feel his captor's knife pull closer in on his neck. Now that this creature was upon him, however, Seth could tell by its putrid stink that it was a human, though he wondered why he did not smell it before. Seth's strength normally allowed him to overtake a human in a fight, but this one's weight seemed to press down hard upon his body. Unable to break free, his anger began to intensify.

"Preying on unsuspecting victims? That sounds like a coward's tactic to me. I'd like to see you try and take me down in a fair fight, you pathetic worm. I guess that's what I get for letting my guard down, though I would have been more careful if I'd known there were craven humans skulking about through the forest."

After letting his anger out a little, Seth's stiff temper began to gradually abate.

"But since you asked me so nicely, I will tell you my name. They call me Seth Ketra, and I am a Nautolan from the planet Glee Anselm. I have done no wrong to you, so I ask that you release me now."