Bespin: (Black Sun's) Cloud City

RaveN

((OOC: Sorry it has taken so long to post....I'll explain in pm))

Noola was definately in love. The purple Twi'lek reached up and put her arms around her hairy man.

"Well, my sexy Ro, I haven't actually ever ate at a resteraunt before...you'll have to show me what all the rage about them is."

Noola relaxed on the bed as she awaited her lover's responce.

noolasigf1.jpg

"Then going out to eat is what we will do. Of course, you'll need to act civilized. No table dancing or anything like that. I'll see about having a dress brought to the room."

Looking through the directory, Da'wynn found a listing of fancy clothing store. Comming their place of business, he asked for a list of dresses which was immediately downloaded to the suite's viewscreen.

"See anything you like? Of course, they are probably a little more formal than you are used to." Durose looked at her teasingly, "They only show a little cleavage and skin unlike the rest of your waredrobe."

Getting up to head to the bathroom, Da'wynn continued, "When you find someone you like, just comm the store, give the man your measurements, our room number, and they should send someone up within a minute or two. If you don't know your measurements stand on the scale over there and they can digitally figure them out and fit you. I'm going to go to the bathroom and get myself dressed."

In the area of space located around the planet of Bespin, a ship emerges from hyperspace. Behind the controls of the Shadowfax, Beltran Rarr guided his vessel into the planet's atmosphere.

A few cursory inquries were made into his reasons for being here, but Beltran had made a living out of getting in and out of places. It was no big deal. Within a few moments, Beltran had contacted one of the local hotels and reserved a room. As he landed his vessel outside the hotel, Beltran decided it was time to make another call.

A few moments was spent entering a number of ecrpytic algorithims before a the face of a man appeared. The individual in question was human, in his mid-forties and obviously nervous.

"Are you sure you weren't traced?" He began nevously.

"Calm down, I haven't lasted this long by being sloppy. Is everything ready?" Beltran replied, feeling a rare burst of irratation.

"Y-yes. Everything is just as you ordered. I can begin the procedure today if you'd like." The man spoke again after a moment.

"Good, I'll be there shortly."

Ending the conversation before any more could be said, Beltran left his ship and checked into the hotel. It was nice, but not too nice. After the funds he had already ponied up in this venture, the last thing he could afford was unncessary luxury.

A few hours later, he made his way to the local hospital. There he was greeted by the man he had talked to earlier. The man was wearing a white lab coat and had a name tag identifiying him as a doctor in the neurosurgery department.

"Everything is ready, Mr. Night." The man said, making an amateurish show of using Beltran's alias.

"Good, lets get on with it."

Within an hour, Beltran was under and the procedure was underway. Over the next six hours, Beltran's body was modified with a number of bio-mechanical data ports, built to the exact specifications he had submitted. When the procedure was completed, Beltran was treated to nearly a week of bacta tank therapy.

While the procedure had been a complete success, Beltran knew it would be awhile before he could safely travel on his own.

EDIT: OCT, 15 2006

Several days, and bacta treatments, later Beltran was finally deemed fit to travel. Still getting used to the new bio-mechanical ports that had been implanted at his brain stem, arms, legs and torso. Pain continued to follow every movement as his body adjusted to the foreign objects.

He donned his favorite black suit, adjusted his tie and left the hospital. Not wanting to waste any more time than was necessary, Beltran make his way to the Shadowfax and entered the ship. Within a few moments, the ship lifted off and Beltran was off to his next destination...

BeltranSig.jpg

Noola was verty excited that she would finally be able to go to a restaurant. She had heard about them before, but had never ate at one.

The purple Twi'lek rummaged through the images of dresses until she found the right one. It was pure white and very long...unlike anything Noola had ever worn before. The former Seductress then commed the store and the dress was delivered promptly. It was amazing! Noola was overcome with happiness as she put it on. Excitement ran through her...she had to show Ro!

Noola unexpectedly bursts into the bathroom wearing her dress.

"Look Ro, its white and virginal...Just like me!"

Noola then noticed that her hairy man was in the shower. She could tell that he was definately suprised by her entrance.

noolasigf1.jpg

Da'wynn was just about to exit the shower and towel off when the door swung open. Reflexively, Ro swiped for his towel and used it to cover himself as he recoiled from Noola's startling entrance. Pausing momentarily, he listened to what she had to say before wrapping the towel tightly around his waist and raising an eyebrow.

"Virginal? ..." he questioned almost teasingly with a little chuckle. "Whatever floats your boat, I guess... But yes, the dress does look very nice. But uh... if you don't mind... I was sorta in the middle of drying off and getting dressed, dear. Our reservation is for only 15 minutes from now. I'd hope not to be late."

Stepping out of the tub shower, Da'wynn openned up one of the cabinets. Grabbing another towel, he began to dry his face and arms off.

"So, did they give you shoes to go with the dress?"

Noola marvled at her hairy man's towel-wrapped body...it was beautiful, like the perfect Christmas present.

The purple Twi'lek, however, forced herself to suppress her urges. The old Noola would have immediately torn into Ro...but the new Noola? Well the reformed Noola stilll had all those same urges...she just bottled them up and tried to control them.

Sometimes the temptation seemed almost like too much!

No! Noola told herself in her head. She realized that if she didn't control her impulses her love -Ro- would leave her....and losing her love was the only thing worse then losing her lust.

Noola forced herself to turn her back from her delicious hairy man and walked out of the bathroom. She threw out all images of lust in her head and tried to change the focus of her mind.

"Of course they came with shoes, silly!"

And then Noola did something that completely caught herself off-guard....she Giggled! Questions immediatelly raced throught he young Twi'lek's mind....was she actually turning herself more virginal? That's amazing!

After all, Noola knew that only virgins giggled. She turned back to Ro to see what his responce would be.

noolasigf1.jpg

I'm glad to hear that," Da'wynn replied with a devious smile as he peaked his head out the door. "Give me a few minutes. I'll see you soon, honey."

Closing the door, Durose finished dressing into his handsome golden tux. He looked at himself happily in the mirror. He thought it complimented his skin/fur quite well as they were of a similar complextion.

Walking out into the room, Da'wynn greeted his date taking her hand and kissing it, "Well, princess, our tables are waiting. We wouldn't want to be late. Shall we?" He questioned swinging his arm wide in a motioning movement towards the door.

Up from the many rooms of the famous Cloud City, a body rose. Blinking sleep from his eyes, Kirloor sat up. He looked around his humble room, taking in the information and regaining his bearing. His vibrosword hung on the wall to his left, clean and sharp as the day he got it. The Zabrak stared at it, contemplating weather or not he should take it today.

No. I will take it easy today, he thought.

Finally Kirloor stood up. He stretched one last time and approached the dresser in which his clothes were stored. He threw on a long-sleeved shirt and some work pants. He opened the door and stepped out into the street. There were a few people about their business, and Kirloor began walking to do his.

*the following was a message from the whocares department*

On a barren outer rim world, unknown to the mainstream galactic population, two men stand on the top of a large precipice. One smiles at the other, yet there is no humor in it. It is the kind of smile that a predator might give to its prey, just as he was about to make the killing blow. The other watches, his body tense in expectation. Jumping forward, the first man ignites a light saber. With a snap hiss and a moment, the man's crimson blade lashes out at the other.

”œTime to die, Nox.”

Oblivious to his stalker, Kirloor continued his trek through the streets of Bespin. He passed many shops, each eager to sell the zabrak their wares.

"Sir! Would you like to try our face cream? It can get rid of those horrible scars on your-" The man stopped talking when he realized they were not scars, but tattoos, customary to his race and planet.

Kirloor turned on his offender, an evil glare in his eye. Without saying one word, he would try to inspire fear into this man's heart. Raeden slowly walked towards the man, who's name label read "Tristan". Tristan slowly backed up into his counter, sprawling assorted creams and lotions over the ground. With no where to retreat to, Tristan waited for his fate to come. Kirloor was extremely happy to oblige.

Make him know what happens to those who offend, he thought. Make him feel the anger that he has forced upon me.

Kirloor arrived at the cowering man, who'd slipped upon one of his own creams and landed on his back. He was now whimpering, almost on the verge of tears. Kirloor didn't know why. He hadn't done anything.

Yet.

Squatting down on his toes, Raeden extended his hand and smiled. It took a minute, but finally Tristan realized that Kirloor only meant to help. He grabbed the hand and pulled up, but the zabrak didn't let go. Only then did Tristan realize what he did.

"Oh please, don't. I didn't mean any-" he started.

Too late. Kirloor twisted the man's wrist until he heard a satisfying snap. The man screamed out in pain. People turned to see what was wrong. Some even approached the situation, but fell back when they saw the horned man.

Kirloor dropped the man, who immediately cradled his broken wrist.

The zabrak again began walking, noticing all of the people to turned towards the shopkeeper. He smiled, and approached his destination.

Nox followed his quarry for a few more blocks before the Zabrak stopped in front of a small cosmetic shop. As Nox watched, a human standing in front of the shop spoke to his quarry. Nox didn't catch what exactly was said, but from the way the Zabrak had moved against him, he figured it hadn't triggered particularly good feelings. Nox watched as the shopkeeper cowered in face of the Zabrak's advance.

He knows how to inspire fear, Nox thought to himself. Good.

As Nox took in the man's fear, something stirred deep within his psyche. Thoughts began to enter his mind that were not his own. Images of the shopkeeper broken, bleeding, and begging for mercy. Desire welled up within him, until he could almost taste the man's terror.

Angelus, Nox thought, directing his energies inward. Now is not the time.

Why, Nox? Are you scared? Afraid to embrace the fear?

Of course not, Nox scoffed. I just don't see any reason to go on a rampage just because you get off on death.

Clamping down on the desire, Nox pushed it down inside of him, effectively ending the conversation within him. He knew Angelus would surface again, and soon. However, for right now he had other things to attend to.

As he watched, the Zabrak picked the quivering shopkeeper up and broke his hand. A pain-filled scream filled the air as Nox's quarry continued on his way. Nox followed, sacrificing his stealth piece by piece with every block they covered. Soon enough, Nox knew the being would catch on. Then Nox would have his answers...

Now fully 100 yards away from the shopkeeper incident, the Zabrak stopped and turned.

Wonderful. I'm greatly pleased when my weapons shipment is late.

The alley Kirloor and his informant were supposed to meet in was completely empty. He could feel himself being overcome with anger, which he could not control. It wasn't enough to push him over the edge, but it was quickly becoming a problem.

I will not be put in cuffs. Jail will not consume me again, he said in attempt to calm himself.

Pacing around, Raeden observed the scenery, waiting for the unexpected. His informant was not known for being late, and this little fact put a twinge of nervousness in him. Kirloor watched the buildings, the speeders, the people-

I've seen you before. He eyed one person in particular. He was Human, about the same age as the Zabrak. He watched him carefully, waiting for the person to come into a range where Kirloor could identify him.

Why do I feel that you are a threat to me?

Several yards further from the whimpering shopkeeper saw Nox following his quarry to a deserted alleyway. The Zabrak, still seemingly unaware of his presence, stood alone as if waiting for someone. Nox looked around, discreetly apraising all those who passed by. It wasn't long before someone caught his eye. A human, obviously skilled at evasion was moving toward the alley. Nox moved quickly but silently, not wanting to draw attention to himself.

Coming up upon the human, he tapped the man on his shoulder. The man wheeled around, his hand instantly reaching into his jacket. Nox sighed inwardly as he lashed out, cuffing the man in the throat. The man fell to his knees, gasping for air that wouldn't come.

"In case you're wondering," Nox spoke softly, calmly without emotion. "I have crushed your trachea. For a human, death should come within the next ten minutes. However, if you mouth the name of that Zabrak, I will reverse the damage."

As Nox expected, confidentiality flew out the window when one was faced with death. The man's lips moved, quivering but clearly mouthing one word.

Kirloor...

Turning from the man, Nox pulled his robe closer over his body. He strode confidently back toward the alley. His quarry was still there, waiting unaware that his contact was either dead or dying. It wasn't difficult to exaggerate his movements so that the Zabrak would notice him. The Zabrak narrowed his eyes as Nox approached, saying nothing but speaking volumes.

He recognizes me as a threat. Good...

A flash of desire ripped through him, causing Nox to blink. He had to remember that Angelus was always there, always watching, poised to rip the control of his body away at the slightest showing of weakness. Nox was close enough to speak now.

"You are quite a warrior, Kirloor." Nox said, mockingly. "To hurt those who cannot defend themselves is obviously the benchmark of a great fighter. Tell me, are you so undisciplined that you lose control at the slightest provocation? If so, you might as well explode now, because this is much more than a slight provocation."

Pulling his blade from his robes, Nox charged forward, swooping down on his quarry like a bird after a field mouse. If the Zabrak was worthy, he would defend himself. If he was not, this would be over quickly.

"You are quite a warrior, Kirloor," a man said.

Finally. My informant.

Kirloor turned around, expecting a small, paranoid human.

He was very wrong. Instead, another human stood in his place. The unknown also knew more than Kirloor knew about him, and this made the danger level go way up.

"To hurt those who cannot defend themselves is obviously the benchmark of a great fighter. Tell me, are you so undisciplined that you lose control at the slightest provocation? If so, you might as well explode now, because this is much more than a slight provocation," he said. Immediately after, he pulled a small blade from his clothes and charged.

Kirloor was unready, but not unprepared. He sidestepped to the left, hoping the man would overstep and lose balance, but he didn't.

You're obviously a warrior, Raeden thought.

Now both men stood ready for combat, one armed with a knife, the other with his fists. Kirloor stood ready with his hands up in the only combat position he knew. The man came in again, this time with a thrust, but Kirloor couldn't sidestep fast enough. The blade caught him in the side, cutting his shirt and spraying blood.

In the split second this happened, Kirloor felt anger beyond all belief. His blood boiled, and he even let out a scream of hatred.

You harm me, fool, but you do not kill me.

Kirloor grabbed the fool's arm with his right hand and pulled him, the man's momentum from the thrust carrying him. The Zabrak met this momentum with a closed backhand fist to the ribs and let go with his hand. He'd hurt the man, that much was clear by how much he stumbled when Kirloor let go. The next move was up to him.

Nox thrusted with his blade, catching his quarry in the side. As blood splattered on the ground, the Zabrak screamed. It was not a scream of pain, but one of anger and hatred.

Oooh, this one is lively. Angelus smiled in Nox's mind. I like the lively ones.

A rare burst of irritation rose up in Nox. Angelus, along with the various perversions Nox tried to keep in check, also had a very poor sense of timing. In the split second Nox had been distracted by Angelus' comment, his position in the battle had changed. The Zabrak grabbed onto his arm and pulled him close, knocking Nox off balance. As Nox fell forward, his midsection was met with a savage blow. The Zabrak let go, watching with disdain as Nox stumbled backward. Pain flashed through his mind driving home one a single, vital message. His quarry, undisciplined as he was, was still very dangerous.

In his mind, Angelus wailed like a child. In many ways, the traits that the Angelus personality manifested were that of a child. Angelus liked to get his way, became enraged when he did not, and had no tolerance for pain. Falling back, away from his senses, Angelus retreated deep into Nox's psyche. It was rare when that happened, and signaled only one thing.

Shadow...

Immediately, Nox felt his control slipping away. He struggled, desperately fighting to keep the animal at bay. For that was what Shadow truly was:

An animal...

In that instant, the man the Zabrak had struck was no longer. Instead, when the human raised his head again, it was completely different. While Nox moved fluidly, this being was as water. Tilting his head at the alien, the predator fixed Kirloor with an intense stare.

The Zabrak's eyes widened only slightly, noticing the change in Nox's eyes. No longer was the human's gaze filled with white and brown, instead each entire eye was completely black. Shadow emitted a low, drawn out growl. Charging forward once again, he caught the Zabrak in a full on tackle and drove him to the ground. The animal that had replaced Nox tore into the Zabrak's flesh, biting down on his arm and drawing blood.

The alien's hands came up trying to fend off the attack, yet leaving his midsection vulnerable. Blows reigned down as Shadow pounded the Zabrak again and again, all the time still biting down on the creature's forearm. One thing was certain, the Zabrak would have to fend off the attack soon, or death would be his next port of call...

This time, Kirloor screamed in pain. The new, different creature was truly frightening. Everything from his fighting style to his eye color changed; Kirloor now knew what the cosmetic salesman felt like.

Before he could react, Kirloor was on the ground, defending himself from a man with wolf-like characteristics. He bit the Zabrak's arm, drawing more blood that thought capable. He brought his hands up to guard the ferocious beast, but this only left his stomach wide open to the punches the man delivered.

Die now or defend yourself, he told himself.

Bracing himself for what he knew was going to be a painful experience, Kirloor brought his free arm to defend his stomach, gritted his teeth, and slammed his bitten arm into the man's face. A split-second later, he withdrew, and Kirloor heard the sound of ripping flesh. He screamed again, almost passing out of pain.

The creature-man fell back, surprise crossing his face, a small bit of skin stuck in his mouth. Both men were in the sitting position now, but the Zabrak moved first. He launched himself into a full dive, sending his horned-head at the man. It glanced off his face, possibly cracking the man's cheekbone. They rolled off each other, each embracing their wounds.

Shadow howled in surprise and anger as the Zabrak's horned head intersected with his face. The sounds of bones crunching mixed with those of his heart pounding. Falling back, Shadow blinked. Holding his face with the protectiveness of a wounded predator, all thought was caught up in the pain of the moment.

Deep within the creature's psyche, Nox clawed desperately to the surface. For the moment he knew the Zabrak was in just as bad shape as he, but that wouldn't last forever. He knew that if he didn't regain control soon, Shadow would cost all of them their lives.

In the recesses of his mind, Nox grabbed the wispy avatar that represented Shadow and backhanded it. Still reeling from the pain of his quarry's counter attack, the creature was taken quite by surprise. Whimpering and whining, like a stray nexu that had been beaten once too often, the animal that was Shadow limped back into obscurity.

Nox, finally back in control of his body, scrambled to his feet. His eyes, back to their original color narrowed on his target that, by now, was also on his feet. Noticing for the first time the piece of the Zabrak's flesh, which hung from his mouth, Nox spit it out.

Great, He thought sarcastically. The taste of blood in my mouth is all I need. Angelus will have a kriffing field day!

He hoped that the trauma of the last few seconds would be enough to keep Angelus cowering in the recesses of his mind for a while. Opening and closing his mouth several times, Nox decided that his jaw was mostly intact.

Bruised, but not broken.

Speaking out to Kirloor for the first time since the fight had begun, Nox said:

"You fight well, Kirloor. I have decided that it would be more in my interest to have you as an ally, than an enemy."

At least for now...

He trusted that Kirloor wouldn't mistake his offer of truce for that of friendship. Nox did not have friends; it was not in his nature. However, the fight thus far had taught him one thing: There was no power that could be gained through petty brawling that compared in the slightest to the power of the Force.

That was the power he had lost by slaying his master and that was the power he hoped to regain. In this moment, Nox knew that no other power would ever do.

Taking his blade off of the ground, Nox placed back within his robes. Yes, the Zabrak still might attack him. If he did, he would die. If he didn't, Nox would allow him to follow on his quest for power.

At least until such time as he was no longer useful.

"You might say that I am on a quest for power," Nox spoke again, his cold voice matter-of-fact. "I may not have the use of the Force any longer, but I can sense this much about you. You also desire power. My suggestion is this, come with me and together we can find the power each of us seeks. Or, we can continue this battle and one of us will die. You decide."

Nox waited, prepared to hear the creature's response.

Kirloor sat still, while the man composed himself. For a second or two, it looked like he was fighting his own, internal battle. Then it was gone, along with the man's killer instinct.

Is it just me, or is this person's eye's constantly changing color?

He split Kirloor's flesh out, along with a bit of blood. He picked the fallen blade up, and Raeden instantly prepared for another assault.

I really don't know how much of this I can take, he shamefully admitted to himself. The Zabrak were proud, but honest creatures as well.

"You might say that I am on a quest for power," Nox spoke again, his cold voice matter-of-fact. "I may not have the use of the Force any longer, but I can sense this much about you. You also desire power. My suggestion is this, come with me and together we can find the power each of us seeks. Or, we can continue this battle and one of us will die. You decide," the man said.

At the end of his speech, Kirloor found himself still sitting on the ground. He stood up and regained his composure. His arm screamed of pain, but the only emotion Kirloor acknowledged to it was a small wince and cradle. Blood dripped onto the grounded, spraying liquid in hundreds of directions when it came in contact to the hard ground.

I am in no condition to continue our battle, but you can rest assured we will again fight each other, Kirloor thought.

Half convinced the man wouldn't attack once more, Kirloor extended his healthy hand.

After a moment of considering what Nox had said, the Zabrak extended his uninjured arm. Nox took it, shook is once in respect, and released it. While Kirloor had yet to speak, Nox had no trouble deciphering his intent. He is not so much willing to join me as willing to allow a respite to our battle. Given the chance, this man will kill me as surely as a rapid Nexu. Nox thought to himself. Good, I like that...

Nox also noted that the Zabrak didn't speak much, which was fine. That meant that Nox wouldn't have to listen to him drone on about irrelevant issues.

Thats what I have Angelus for, Nox allowed himself a brief flash of humor.

Looking the Zabrak in the eye, Nox spoke again.

"I'm sure you have heard of those who call themselves the Sith. I seek to join them, to learn their power and eventually dominate them. I have spent some of my time here attempting to search them out. My research, though mostly ineffective, has yielded me a lead, the planet Cardia. It is said that they have a temple there."

Nox paused for a moment to collect his thoughts before continuing.

"If you have any errands to attend to on his world, I suggest you deal with them. If you were waiting for that jitterly fellow who was on his way here, you'll find his body half a block to the north. In any case, I will be leaving for Cardia within the hour, so be quick."

Turning from Kirloor, Nox walked from the alleyway and made his way back to the spaceport. Boarding his courier, he waited for Kirloor. While he hadn't given the Zabrak any specific instructions as to where to meet him, he highly doubted Kirloor would have any trouble finding him...

Kirloor watched the man leave, noting which direction he took to. Once Kirloor was sure he knew where he was going, the Zabrak turned towards his house.

On the way, he noticed his informant, which he'd completely forgotten about during the excitement. Judging from the way his face was an odd shade of purple and how his neck was completely crushed, Kirloor knew that his attacker slammed his palm or fist into his larynx.

Too much trust puts your life in other's hands. Lesson learned, Kirloor noted to himself. At least I know how much this man is willing to get what he wants. I'll have to watch for him.

Kirloor cradled his unhealed arm all the way to his apartment, where he sprayed it with synth-skin. It didn't heal the pain, but at least nobody knew he was vulnerable. Once he tossed the can of fake skin to the ground, Kirloor looked around his abode and decided what he need to take.

Ten minutes later, he left the building with his sword, some money, and his memories. The Zabrak didn't bother locking it, because the way this man talked about the so-called Sith, Kirloor knew he wouldn't be back soon.

He followed the trail back to where the man was staying and nodded, waiting to see the man's ship.

A little less than ten minutes later, Nox noticed the Zabrak enter the spaceport. After scanning the area briefly, Kirloor spotted him and approached, offering only a brief nod as greeting. Nox returned the nod and motioned to his ship, an old Sienar Systems Star Courier called Cruento Umbra.

The ship was far from new, but the sleek lines conveyed a sense of power. Opening the hatch, Nox entered the ship. Behind him, Kirloor followed closing the hatch. The courier was far from spacious, but it offered enough room for an engine room, just north of the entryway, and a sparse cabin containing two cots, in addition to the cockpit.

Motioning for Kirloor to enter the cockpit and take the co-pilot's chair, Nox settled into his own seat and began the preflight sequence. A few moments later, the ship lifted off and entered hyperspace.

((I figure we post a couple times in the Space thread before heading to Cardia))

Da'wynn was in the middle of asking his question as a holonet bulletin caught his eye. Reentering the room, he sat on the bed to listen. This sounded horrible. He automatically took the Black Sun's or Black Dawn's or whatever other name they'd like to be called as, for liars. They may have changed names but he was sure that was all that changed.

Da'wynn knew that Thorpe and the Sun had a lot of history. He had been looking for action for a long time and this was his chance. He looked back at Noola, then back at the screen.

"I'm sorry, my dear, but my plans have suddenly changed. I'm going to give the Republic air support above Haruun Kal. The Sun must be stopped as usual. I can't just sit around here when there are battles to be fought. We'll continue this another time. I promise."

With that, Ro rounded the door and began to make his way back to his ship as he undid his tie.

Noola was just getting ready to leave with her hairy man when the holonet newsbroadcast broke. The purple Twi'lek sat with her man and listened to the bulletin. Although she was sad to see him go, she knew he was doing an honorable thing. She kissed her Ro and sat on the bed, awaiting his return.

Kamino.jpg

• 1 month later...

"This will be the last time I kill you, Avararda Dinn. After you, the rest of the Jedi shall fall at my hands."

"No, Dentro, it is you that will fall," he retorted.

The Jedi known as Avararda ignited both of his lightsabers, sending forth two blades of green energy. They sang in almost a rhythmical hum. The other man, known only as Dentro, mimicked the Jedi's action, opening up his own, red saber.

Both men charged at each other, only stopping to slam their sabers against one another. An electric smell, as well as sound, was tossed around the dark dungeon-esque room in which they fought. A small grimaced came from Avararda, while only a sneer was observable on the Sith's face.

The two combated back and forth, each only making small progress.

At least until the Jedi slipped. His blade was deflected ground-side, and it was Dentro who swung at Avararda's neck. The blade was coming in too fast to block. It was inches from his neck...

Avararda instinct kicked in before reality. He bursted upwards, gasping for air. The dream shook him, a lot more than he'd liked to have admit.

After regaining his composure, the Jedi Knight tossed the cool white sheets aside and slid his feet off the bed. Minutes later, he stood.

Rays of light shone through his small apartment's window, casting small spots of yellow on Var's muscular body. Years of training had allowed him to achieve such a physique.

Gently extending his hand, the blind Jedi called forth his tattered, black blindfold. The rag floated into his hand and he casually tied it to his face.

Dinn extended his radius of the Force, allowing him to 'see'. His vision showed him a small, one-bedroom apartment. The refresher-room sat in the corner, with a tiny kitchen next to it.

I've been in a coma for the last year. I probably don't smell quite the best, he thought. The notion caused a smile to creep up on his face.

Avararda slipped out of the 'fresher, slipping on a towel over his waist. He grabbed the nearest garments of clothing and put it on; the clothes were a simple set - white pants with a loose brown shirt. He tossed on a cloak, as well as his boots.

I need...

What do I need?

The blind man was only thinking for seconds before he realized the absence of his lightsabers.

Like a stream, he allowed the Force to trickle out of him, sending it out like a probe droid searching for a target. Minutes later, the sabers' were located in a guarded chest. The contraption had a small lock on the front, and on this lock was seven miniature dials. Each dial had the twenty six letters of the Galactic Basic alphabet.

The Jedi couldn't think of a password he would put on his own lightsabers to guard them. He went through multiple possibilities before one struck him.

Armiena.

He altered the Force to maneuver the devices until the proper letters were aligned.

The chest popped open, and under the cold metal top was his lightsabers. They sat end-to-end, each pointing opposite each other. He willed them to his hands. Grasping them, he couldn't help but feel a flush of comfort. These protected him. These held his lifelines.

Now there is only one thing left to do.

Sliding the energy swords onto his belt, Avararda reaches for his long-distance comm unit and sent a message to Gala.

"You know, I've always wanted to see Cloud City." Armiena commented mildly, mere seconds before the glow of racing starlines faded and revealed the planet Bespin. She was visibly impressed as their ship began to descend into the planet's atmosphere, teasing their way through the swirling tan clouds. She allowed herself to admire the technological beauty of Cloud City, the planet's one and only tourist attraction, before turning her emerald eyes to her flying again.

Armiena hoped that Avararda's dilemma wasn't too dangerous. It seemed as though every time they met, someone's life was in danger or the Sith were both aiming their lightsabers for their hearts--which was mostly accurate. Apart from their first meeting at Borleais, they had been separated for their training, then gotten involved at the disaster at Ryloth, the Sith attack on Borleais, the massacre at the Coruscant Memorial.. then he had disappeared from the Jedi. So far, their track record of peaceful moments to battlefields left much to be desired.

"Don't worry, Var will be able to find us himself. In the meantime..." Armiena led the Ghost Breath into a practiced landing, released the yacht's boarding ramp, then slowly rose from her seat. She jerked her head back in a clear invitation to join her, her ebony hair flourishing with the motion. "I've gotta dig out some old training materials from the cargo hold--I've got a few training sabers, a handful of seeker remotes... I even managed to find a holocron about a year back."

A few minutes later, Armiena had managed to locate the appropriate crate from a throng of containers decked with all manner of interesting warning labels. "Ah. This here..." She lifted away a plain plasteel case and glanced at it sideways, a hushed click audible as she unlocked an internal locking mechanism within the case.

"Training lightsabers." She again stated the obvious, opening the case to reveal several plain-looking lightsaber hilts. "They're not as good as the real thing, of course, but they're fine for training purposes." Although it wasn't quite possible to halve someone with its reduced-power blade, one could still inflict some nasty injuries, put a victim in incredible pain, or defend against blaster bolts or other lightsabers.

"Go ahead, pick one. You'll need it for the lightsaber drills I'm going to eventually put you through. But be warned," she began to smile. "I think there's a pink blade somewhere in there."

((Avararda, your turn.))

drayyy.png

It seemed like years before Var felt the all-too-familiar feeling enter his heart. It pierced his chest as easily as a lightsaber through plastic. It registered the same destructive force, as well.

He couldn't help but thinking, You've always been there for me Armiena. What have I done for you? Almost gotten you killed... abandoned you... left the entire Jedi order.

He shifted his stance, growing uneasy at his current thoughts.

Deep breaths. Be calm.

After calming himself, Avararda made sure his necessities were taken care of. He tightened the blindfold covering his empty eye-sockets one more time before exiting his tiny abode.

Var was guided only by the feeling in his body. It reverberated through his bones. It felt like it was slowly shattering him. He deftly stepped out of the way of the people on the street, almost breaking out into a full run. He bumped shoulders with more than one person. A particular stranger took a great offense by the less-than-aggressive action.

"You! Come back here," he called after Avararda. A quick motion of the hand and a pardon of the Force willed the man's desire to harm the Jedi to exit his mind.

Arriving at the spaceport, Avararda sensed Armiena's ship. The gleam of the sharp-looking ship only reflected off of those sight-based creatures, so Var was in perfect form as he walked up to the hull.

"Armiena. It's been a while. I thank you greatly for arriving on such short notice."

The message was sent via a link in the Force all Jedi carried. It allowed them to communicate with the mind, rather than vocally.

Allowing his circle of Force-awareness to expand, Var sensed another Force-sensitive being aboard the ship. The Jedi knight sent a message to him as well, wearing a smile as he did so.

"Hello there, young one. Welcome to Bespin."

The smile only increased as Var recalled the days of surprise when his master did the same to him, regardless of his inability to respond.

Shawmus studied the practice sabers and arbitrarily chose one. "Well, thank you very much, Armiena," he said with a flare of excissive politeness. Being comically overdramatic was a way he hid nervousness sometimes. These practice sabers seemed dangerous, and though he'd handled a real one ever so briefly with Brad, it didn't take his nerves away.

Studying it briefly, Shawmus tossed the saber from hand to hand, getting used to its light weight in his palms. Then he flicked it on. "Ah, dammit!" The blade was the pink one Armiena had warned of. Just then, Tweet came rolling off the ship babbling. The bleeps sounded insultory. "Shut up, you."

Hello there, young one. Welcome to Bespin.

"What the frill?!?" The voice had caught Shawmus by such surprise that he couldn't control his tongue or his body, as he swore and twirled a full 360. The droid twittered what must have been a laugh. Shawmus pointed the pink blade casually toward the little droid. "Quiet, you!"

He then realized that Armiena was still there. He turned back to her, redness swelling on his cheeks. "Uh, sorry...about that, there, Master."

Armiena smiled when Shawmus started at her friend's "Force Message", but it quickly evaporated when he casually threatened his R5 unit with his training lightsaber. "I like astromechs," she said, completely calm. "Even though they can be a bit... rude."

She shrugged as she replaced the case of training lightsabers. "What you just felt was what we call 'Force Message'. It's a way of transmitting thoughts and messages to other Force-sensitives, although it can be a bit difficult to send detailed messages. It depends on the distance between the two Force-sensitives and how well they know each other--it's nearly impossible to send anything but the vaguest messages over interstellar distances, but a strong bond can make a Message much easier."

Armiena fell silent as she began to lead Shawmus out of the Ghost Breath. Just recently, she had been shocked to receive visions from her fiance, Aryian Darkfire. Although strong Force bonds were common between close friends, Master/Padawan pairs, and lovers, the Jedi Grandmaster had believed until very recently that sending a Message as complex as a vivid memory was firmly in the territory of the impossible.

More mysteries of the Force to ponder. She and Aryian would be able to explore those possibilities when their duties finally allowed them a moment together--and Armiena could barely wait.

Somewhere in the middle of her silent musing, Armiena had led her Padawan down her ship's boarding ramp, caught sight of Avararda Dinn, and abandoned most of her dignity as she greeted him for the first time in over a year. It seemed that she had run up to her friend and tackled him in a fierce hug, her momentum putting him in danger of losing his balance. It had to have been a somewhat awkward moment, especially if Var caught a glimpse of the cheerful glimmer of her engagement band in the scarce time before her enthusiasic greeting.

"It's... um, great to see you again, Var." Realizing how uncomfortable her welcome might have been, given his urgent request to see her, Armiena let escape from her arms. "This is my Padawan," Armiena indicated to him. "Shawmus. What was the matter? I wasn't sure what to expect from the message you sent me."

drayyy.png

The charge stole the breath from his very lungs. A quick smile was the offering in return.

"This is my Padawan," Armiena indicated to him. "Shawmus."

Avararda located the small concentration of Force, and bowed to it.

"Pleasure to acquire your acquaintance. I am Avararda Dinn."

He flashed a smooth, yet undedicated smile towards the apprentice. Shifting his stance towards Armiena, Var continued speaking.

"Again, thank you for arriving so soon. I... I don't know if-"

It was then that Avararda noticed the small band located on Armiena's finger. It was no ordinary ring.

It was an engagement ring.

The Jedi knight emotionally exploded from the inside, the motion causing him to stutter.

"If...uh..."

It was as if his heart sped up and stopped at the same time. His stomach felt light and airy, but then again he felt like throwing up as well. He attempted to swallow saliva to cure his small case of dry throat.

"Heh. Sorry...I left the Jedi, Armiena. I left. I disappeared. No longer could I be found."

He flashed a quick circle of Force-detection before continuing.

"I thought I was returning. You know, before I met you all on the Borleais temple. I couldn't take it, so I left."

His voice was light, as if he had trouble producing the words emanating from his mouth.

"I need help returning. I can't go back, Armiena, I can't. I won't."