Tell no tales [Rated 'R' for language] [Update: 27/07/09]

Jidai Geki

• 3 weeks later...

To: Arcus

Subject: ”˜Mack'

Attachments: /Necro/Mack.doc

Rivell has finished his analysis of the situation in the Necropolis as witnessed by the Necropolitan leader's aide, ”˜Mack'. The nanite stream has given us some valuable intelligence regarding the current (volatile) political situation within the Necropolitan camp, and given Mack's demise it indeed seems that a violent insurrection is either imminent or, indeed, has already begun.

We expect more nanite streams relating to this situation very soon- it is highly unlikely that the coup will be bloodless, and thus we will be able to more closely monitor the fate of Ossus, Jason and their group.

-Woden

--------------------------------------------

/open Necro/Mack.doc

Opening”¦ done

Analysis of Necropolitan citizen ”˜Mack' and the current political situation of the Necropolitan camp

Inquisitor: Rivell

Central has, of course, been aware of the existence of a dissenting group within the Necropolitan camp for some time. This, however, represents the first time that they have so openly defied the Necropolitan leadership, namely by engaging in the murder of one of their own and a close associate of ”˜Jack', the de facto leader of the Necropolitan settlement.

As most experienced Seers will know, the racial tensions between neighbouring Portstown and the settlement have been an issue since the two encountered each other some thirty years ago, with racially charged murders perpetrated by both sides for some time. ”˜Jack' has always been a voice of reason in the settlement, curbing his people's desire for violent revenge and calling for reason and pacifism in the face of the Portstowners' occasional acts of violence. Likewise, there are voices on the Portstown Council who oppose any sort of acts of aggression against those commonly dubbed the ”˜Freaks', simply based on their physiology and uncommon appearance. These voices are a minority, however, and Portstown continues its shoot-on-sight policy for any Necropolitan approaching the town walls.

It is the opinion of this Inquisitor that, should ”˜Pike' indeed overthrow the more moderate Jack and his advisors, a rapid escalation of hostilities is likely between Portstown and the settlement. Several Portstown nanite streams have been recovered due to Pike's violent acts of retribution against Portstowners venturing too close to the Necropolitan settlement, and indeed his own personal political standpoint on the issue seems to mirror that of the Portstown majority; kill those who encroach upon one's territory.

As for what this means for the group comprising Jason Cutter, Ossus, Penelope Grosvenor, ”˜Xi' and Kame Asseri- it is anticipated that they will be executed by Pike and his radicals unless they escape the settlement, or unless Jack and his loyalists prevail against the attempted coup. We anticipate the recovery of several more nanite streams in the near future which will shed some light on the fate of the group.

- Rivell

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Subject: Necropolitan coup

Links: nstream/Necro/unreviewed/Souk.nan

A number of nanite streams have been recovered from the Necropolitan settlement in the past few hours, Arcus. This one has been deemed the most pertinent- Souk had significant contact with both Pike and Jack in the aftermath of the coup.

Present your findings to Rivell as soon as you have finished.

-Woden

/open /nstream/Necro/unreviewed/Souk.nan

Working”¦

Synchronising with nanite stream ”œ/Necro/unreviewed/”

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope I still have readers for this... if anyone is reading, please comment, even if it's just to say you're reading.

--------------------------

/User input: >cyc +par viscom ”œFerrer, Solomon”

Geki1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome read Geki. I wish I would have gotten into this one sooner. But, it was, afterall the fanfic awards which ultimately made me do it, so score one for the Fanfic Awards, which help make this a healthy place for writing.

apeditname.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2002.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

Thank you kindly, sirs and madam. I'm glad people are still finding it enjoyable, I was beginning to think it had lost momentum.

Apologies, this next section is fairly long, but it wraps up this segment of events and there was no real way to break it up. As always, some profanity.

----------------------------

/User input: /cyc date: Nov 20th PA93, 0800

Cycling”¦

Done

Date: November 20th PA93, 0800

They/

/Pull Jack up the steps leadin' up to the scaffold. His knees're draggin' on the steps, and fer a second I almost feel bad fer they guy. Then I remember all the dead Necros whose blood is on his hands. The feeling goes away fast enough.

”œEverything ready?”

Geki1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Subject: Kame Asseri

Attachments: /nstream/Necro/unreviewed/AsseriK.nan

A promising development for us, Arcus, if perhaps less auspicious for Ossus and his charges. Kame Asseri, the Promethean operative travelling with the group, died a short while ago in the heart of the Necropolis. As intriguing as the cause of his death is, Asseri had a significant amount of contact with the group since the Three Pines fire, and his nanite stream may shed some light on unanswered questions. Begin your review of his stream from the moment Asseri first made contact with the group (approximately 0302 on November 17th) and continue from there until we have a clear picture of recent events.

-Woden

/open /nstream/Necro/unreviewed/AsseriK.nan

Working”¦

Synchronising with nanite stream ”œ/Necro/unreviewed/”

Geki1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Didn't spot this till now....

Really good, esp with the tone, just that this partL:

Two jump at us. I raise my gun-

KRAK

One of ”˜em takes a bullet in't shoulder an' guz down, but the other's too fast an' I can't get ”˜im in me sights fast enough

”˜E lands on't lad an' takes him to't ground-

Th'old bloke's there in a flash, grabs the Theist, lifts ”˜im up

Whoomph

felt a little choppy to me, slowing down the speed of action for me rather than making that thing fast paced as it should be.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes indeed. I thought people had lost interest in this and had already posted two updates without reply, so I didn't bother updating again.

Thanks for your continued feedback. This next section is, unfortunately, unavoidably long, and contains mild sexual references and some profanity. Furthermore, although this would not be necessary were it not for the episodic nature of updating in here: this section, as does almost all of Kwame's nanite stream, takes place before the incident in the Necropolis. This part takes place whilst the group are still in Three Pines.

No nanite stream information available. Cycling to next available point”¦

Get up,/

”œHeretics.”

Geki1.jpg