Dantooine

Ary the Grey

Kira watched her padawan begin the construction of his lightsaber. She was sure that he had studied the material she had given him on the datapad, that had contained the information he required to construct the saber. It had also information about the properties of the various crystals. She was interested in seeing his final product.

The Jedi Master fell into a light meditation while she watched him, letting the Force ebb and flow around her. The Force kept her calm, kept her restful though also kept her alert to the goings on around them.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

The Ghost Breath skimmed over Dantooine's calm, nonchalant skies, its coordinates set for one of the many crystal caves that resided there. In no time at all after it'd broken through the planet's last atmospheric layer, it touched down outside of a seemingly small cave, which Arlan assumed housed the crystals necessary for the construction of his lightsaber.

His lightsaber. He'd spent the majority of the trip in his dormitory, thumbing through the sections on Armiena Draygo's datapad that were of relation to the weapon's construction. He read about the different parts that came together within the hilt, what each part did, and even came across a diagram that showed where each part went. During the trip, he wandered around the Ghost Breath to find her owner, who was in the midst of a hand-to-hand battle against her training dummy. Deciding that it was best not to bother her, Arlan had spent the remainder of the trip either looking through the datapad or moving various objects in his dormitory around via the Force, mostly for his own amusement ”“ and also for practice.

When the Ghost Breath finally landed, Arlan broke his concentration, jumping at the sound of a metal chair falling to the floor. He hadn't realized until now that he had been caught in a rather shallow level of meditation. He felt strangely at ease coming out of it, a feeling that he knew wouldn't last long. He was sure that Armiena wanted to continue on with his training, and he desperately hoped that they wouldn't be called somewhere else. While he knew that she was an important figure and had duties that only the Grandmaster of the Jedi could answer to, he hoped that they would be able to press on with his training. He felt ready to take on whatever it is she threw his way.

He uncrossed his legs and stood up from his bed, made his way out of his room, and began to scour the ship to find Armiena. He found her in her own dormitory, in bed, but by the looks of it, she was still awake.

”œWe're here, Armiena.”

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

When the final piece clicked into place, Jhoren slowly opened his eyes. The hilt wavered just a tad before it descended downward, eventually settling onto his lap. He reached forward and grasped it, immediately noticing the difference in its weight compared to his training saber. He supposed that given the different properties in this lightsaber compared to his other one, that the components used to construct the real thing were more complex in their design.

Heavier or not, to hold this weapon - tool - of the Jedi was simply enthralling. Without really thinking about it, his thumb met the ignition button and activated the blade. He hadn't been paying any attention to the color crystal during his saber's construction, but now, he was met by a bright emerald beam of energy. The familiar hum that his training saber emitted was also present in his actual lightsaber; the only difference was that the noise was a bit louder coming from this one. He waved it in front of his face, only able to associate the hum with the noise a speeder bike racing by. Words didn't describe his excitement and anticipation of putting his newly-constructed lightsaber to use. He wondered if he'd be able to practice at all with it.

With another twinge of his thumb, the blade sank back down into the hilt. Jhoren's eyes met Kira's, and when they did, he let a broad smile cross his face. He was sure that she could sense his excitement, for if it wasn't obvious in the way he looked admiringly at his weapon, then it was visible in his expression.

jhorenn222.png

It took about a second for Arlan to get a reaction. At hearing her student's words, the wiry woman shifted from a state of fitful sleep to nearly full alertness. Rolling up on her back and lifting up her legs, she fairly launched herself out of bed, the rest of her body following her legs out from under the sheets. The dark-haired woman didn't blush at her somewhat immodest dress; she just murmured a not-quite-awake ”œThanks”

drayyy.png

When Armiena rose from her bed, Arlan took one step backwards, standing, once again, in her doorway. He averted his gaze from his Master's rather meager apparel, his scarlet cheeks evidence of his embarrassment. He hadn't known that she'd been sleeping in such a revealing outfit, for if he had, then he would have waited for her in the corridor.

She seemed unbothered by him catching sight of her wake, so when she headed into the main compartment of her ship, he followed. She headed into the galley without another word other than the simple murmur of thanks she'd given him for letting her know of their arrival. He took note of the dark circles under her eyes when she passed him, so he decided against bombarding her with questions relating to the cavern. He was more than ready to venture inside of its depths to find the necessary crystals needed for his lightsaber. He was going to bring a couple of extra bacta patches along with him before they departed, just to be safe.

”œBefore we head out, tell me everything that you can remember about the workings of a lightsaber.”

"Even if this land shall expire, thou may be able to prevent further corrosion. But even so, one day the flames will fade, and only Dark will remain. And even a legend such as thineself can do nothing to stop that."

The brewing process took approximately a minute, almost perfectly timed with the end of Arlan's accounting. Cupping the ceramic mug with her hands, Armiena stared into the steam rising from the caf. Just the smell of it was enough to pierce the fog over her mind.

”œIt's a fairly simple weapon. Given the parts and a blueprint, even an amateur mechanic could cobble one together. The parts, at least. A blaster”¦ or a slugthrower requires a certain degree of precision to be useful, or even functional””well beyond the facilities of your average garage.”

drayyy.png

A childish grin spread across Arlan's face as Armiena swore. He'd heard it used before, but for some odd reason, hearing his master curse under her breath was amusing to him. He had to bite his tongue to keep himself from laughing out loud. To get his mind off of - well, his mind -, he processed the information that not only showed up on the holoprojector, but also everything she was able to tell him about the shimmering blue lightsaber schematic before him. The fact that so many parts were used in the weapon's constructed mildly interested him, but when she told him that it was possible to gather the necessary parts to make one from a pile of junk, he found that fascinating.

”œHow is that even possible?”

Well I might as well get this over with...

I thought as the parade of purple horizon swarmed into my view. I could hardly stand the beauty of this planet; it's flowers and peaceful harmonic ties toward it's sun or suns were enough to cause me physical harm as I traipsed through the vast fields. I could hardly endure the gleam of light as the graceful night receded behind the ever brute that was the sunlight.

However, something inside of me deeply longed for this place. It was a complex set of emotions that embraced my rather indifferent form as I walked through the grass, feeling the warm dew grasp at my brooding ensemble; my stomach clenching with both the thought of sickness and nostalgia. It was surely a sign of deeper meaning and as though the Nostalgic feeling were a being of its own, it began to grow as I moved ever further through the fields towards what looked to be a small village...

Anikaddicopy.jpg

Armiena took a few seconds to respond, long enough that the representation of a lightsaber on her holoprojector faded away, leaving empty air in the midst of the common room. Her black eyebrows furrowed into a frown and her eyes focused on something on the metal walls. ”œThat's exactly what I'm worried about.”

drayyy.png

Arlan could tell that Armiena was still fretting over his part in the battle above Gala. He'd given his actions some thought, but knew that his part in taking the lives of the few stormtroopers a part of Quietus's delegation had forever marked him as an enemy of the Sith. His death would bring about the end to the vendetta that he'd brought onto himself. Even if Armiena didn't think that he was ready to become a full-fledged Jedi, he knew, deep down in his heart and soul, he was. He'd witnessed more than most teenage boys ever had. He'd lost his parents, taken part in heated space battles, witnessed the slaughter of a Sith Master, and to top it off, was now a sworn enemy of the Sith. He'd witnessed the death of Armiena's prior being at the hands of the Sith Lord Slicer. He loathed that man, so it was of no surprise that he wanted to be the one to kill him. In due time, he'd get his chance. He would make sure of it. Until then, though, he had much that he wanted ”“ and needed ”“ to do.

Without another word, he followed his master off of her ship. The bacta patches nestled in the depth of his right pocket, and his parents' lightsabers clipped to his belt, he felt well-equipped to take on whatever it was that resided within the cavern. The mouth was as uninviting as the shadows that veiled its depths from his scrutinizing view. He cast an uneasy glance at Armiena and gave her a look that was self-explanatory. He was nervous, and perhaps a bit intimidated by the cave and what awaited him within it. He knew that this was indeed a large step in his training, and that when it came to training sessions with the Grand Master, she never made things easy for him. He could only imagine what he'd come across once he was inside.

He unclipped his father's saber from his belt. The grip fit his hand more-so than his mother's, and he would only use it if necessary. Knowing most of Dantooine's inhabitants ”“ residents and creatures alike ”“, he didn't think that he'd come across anything that he hadn't seen or dealt with before.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Moments later, he re-opened them and proceeded into the grass-covered grotto.

(ooc: Must be interesting doing the same step with two aliases... Hmmm now what to do with you Jhoren... Sorry I haven't posted sooner... as you know I haven't been well.)

Kirana observed as her padawan finished creating his lightsaber. The emerald green blade hummed as it should as he ignited it, testing it. Once he disengaged it, Kira held out her hand to examine it, letting him hand it to her in his own time. She turned it over in her hands, admiring his workmanship in it's creation. Nodding she handed it back to him.

"Well done Jhoren. We'll give it a work out later on. I imagine you'd like to find out that information about your family now. Come, we'll go into the archives and see what we can find out." Kirana signalled for him to clip the hilt to his belt and follow her. As they headed out off the ship she spoke on the subject of weapons again conversationally. "You can also create what's known as a light dagger. It's a miniature version of the lightsaber." Here she pulled out the smaller hilt from her sleeve to show him, igniting the small blade with the customary *snap-hiss* This blade matched her azul lightsaber. "I've two of these, each matching my main blades. Locke, my first padawan, created a light claw. That's an interesting weapon. Later on you may look into the other different weapons and see if you want to create one as either your main or secondary weapon of choice." The silver haired Mirlian smiled at Jhoren, shutting down the light dagger so he could take a look at it. "I've found these daggers good in a close quarter fight."

The pair soon entered the Jedi Library, Kira leading the way towards the Archive room. After Jhoren handed her back the light dagger, she slipped it back up her sleeve then motioned towards the consoles, "Okay, this is up to you. Where do you want to start?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

Painful Recollection...

As my feet slowly trudged through the increasingly miserable purple fields, I could see closer the village that had been deemed my destination. It was a rather small, but civilized town. The entirety of it seemed to be of human inhabitants, but the population seemed incredibly poor. It seemed like a slum with its structures in dire need of repair and the people carrying themselves rather droopingly from one door to another in what appeared to be rags. The entire sight made me giggle slightly, but a small force within me struck my precious notions and brought with it a sense of nostalgic sympathy for the people of the village.

It was a strange thing to recall for sure, but as the feeling grew stronger I could tell my metaphorically divine destination was even clearer. The arbitrary journey might yield answers; I just hope it would be more then before...

Sunlight poured through the village bringing light upon a seemingly miserable world as I walked slowly through the street taking in the entire decrepit town with each glance. I could feel eyes groping my form as I moved further and I was almost to the point of firing at random bystanders when I reached a scorching pile of rubble... A dead end... Damnit!

I fell to my knees and smashed my hands to the ground in frustration, sending a few looters scurrying, but as I kneeled in my furious tirade my mind was stricken with yet another vision.

::I could see the house before me as if it were real and people scattering around as if life had once been present. The previously ghostlike slum was replaced with a rather upbeat drum of a town and in the door of the building that replaced rubble stood two solid figures each smiling broadly with what looked to be an infant in there hands. One was a Zabrak female and the other was a human male.

An odd compulsion came over me though as I looked upon the two... As if... as if I had to know them; I had to.... Mom? Dad?

The odd epiphanic thought didn't bring glad tidings however. I could see my memories melting away and with them a proceeding series of tearing. I could see the red maned woman as she grew and heard her name multiple times through blurred whispers. I could see beating both verbal and physical and I could hear the young one's heart break as her parents ignored her. I could sympathize with the female, but as I looked on her pain became my pain and I wrenched for my head as I fell limp to the ground.

The misery that grew of torment, of beating flooded my consciousness and left my mind reeling within itself. The pain managed to blur if not interrupt the image for a time, but as the image recovered I could see the girl as she reached adulthood. Her frustrations reaped upon her parents and her military training; my muscles pulsed with every arc of her arms and legs. With every fire of her artillery I could feel the lasers... It was a beautiful merge of lives within the cognitive image, but frustration still brought with it pain. Searing pain shot through me as I still felt her pain; her emotions were chaotic and as if I could control them the chaos died for only a moment as I could see the woman return to her home.

She stepped readily through the doors as if she expected something and sure enough there was a hunter waiting for her at the premises. The hunter was inexperienced and his stance led to his quick downfall, but this red maned woman wasn't done with her journey... She raided the house for valuables and things of value only to her. Then, she ended her parent's lives forever. The next few actions happened within a blure, but I could still perceive her leaving a bomb in the main foyer of the little house and within the settling dust the familiar sight of rubble began to clear through my cognitive fog. I could start moving, but before the memory let go of me I could hear her voice... The same foolhardy spirit that sent me on this mission as it closed ever near me... This time however, she was whole...

It was the red maned woman that I had seen in the visions that had been pressed upon my mind. She stood a little taller than me and rippled with only a little more muscle mass than I. She smiled idly toward me as if she had just seen an old friend, but her intentions were still unclear.

"It's nice to know my clone didn't lose all my memories... and at least someone will remember Serena Irana..."

The words came as cold as ice into the back of my mind as even more shot through my mind exposing the woman's life in full. I could see Deton, the Emperor, Lord Arpharazon, Atia, the Jedi Temple as it blew to smithereens, and last but not least the murderer himself... Slicer....

"You figured it out yet?" She said with a coy tone that seemed vaguely sarcastic, "You are me... You always have been. Just because I am gone doesn't mean I need to be gone forever. You ever wonder where you got the muscle power or gun arm you have?" she said with a smile, "I am glad to know that my clone managed to divert those I needed to off my path and I am glad you have found your own path, but it is always good to know where you come from." she said as the ghost placed her arm over my shoulder. "It is also nice to know you managed to move on and find someone to love. I had yet to do that and I am glad that something managed to happen. You have come far little one and as such I think it is my time to leave, but before I go..." she led off, her tone fading as the apparition faced me head on. She looked at me with her gleaming green eyes and without warning lept into my body.

I could feel an eerie presence in me, as if parasites had made their home in my body, but I also felt awake for the first time. My fingers felt hypersensitive and through the epiphany I could at once feel like I had a place within myself. I knew who and what I was and from now on I could play my cards how I wanted without fear of anything.::

It wasn't then that I woke up however. I woke up to the sounds of a weequay picking at my corpse as if I had died on the street of the miserable town. With glee my hand shot toward a knife at my belt side and with keen interest I lept to my feet, separating the man's head from his body. It was the gore I missed and with the blood upon me, I cackled at his struggling torso as it fell to the ground. Then, when I had my fill of joy, I stepped on his body, walking towards the nearest starport.

I felt for the first time like my life had meaning, but when the pain resurfaced I could only wonder how she coped. My hands once more clutched my head as I expelled the rather arbitrary memories from my mind and sat on my slice of public transportation. It was interesting now that I had control, but it seemed that Serena was there. I could hear her whispering to me as if her presence would forever remain.

So I accepted it... I am she and she is I...

Anikaddicopy.jpg

Kirana stood behind her padawan, watching as he performed his search. At the results that came up from him typing his grandfathers name in, her silver eyebrow raised in surprise. She hadn't sensed the power his grandfather should have exuded, unless of course the old man had been hiding his abilities from her. That was highly likely as he had been hiding this information from his grandson all of his life. She remained silent, watching as Jhoren continued his search.

7MxDMRQ.jpg

There was an insufficiency of light as Arlan ventured deeper into the cave, so to make up for it, he activated the blade of his father's Adept-style lightsaber. He plucked his mother's Adjudicator-style hilt from the backside of his belt and ignited it as well, the cobalt blade casting shadows of its own along the opposite wall. Holding the former out in front of him to be used as a make-shift torch and the other to act as a weapon, he sidled around a narrow bend in the path.

To his dismay, he was faced with the same thing as before. Darkness. It surrounded him. Engulfed him. Swallowed him whole. Thank the Force that this had been a straight-shot so far. He hadn't come across a single partition yet, but he was still eager to find his crystals so he could get out there. He wasn't claustrophobic, but he had issues being in unfamiliar caves that were supposedly infested with Kath Hounds and ”“

Something struck him. Hard. He was thrown into the wall, falling head-over-heels as he came to an abrupt stop. His lightsabers had fallen to the ground and had deactivated on impact, leaving him shrouded in darkness once again. His senses screamed for him to get up and run, but when he tried to scramble to his feet, a heavy force of some sort held him down. He couldn't see what it was, and when he tried to push it off, it felt as tough as a rock and as rough as sandpaper. He clawed at the object. Punched it. He did whatever he could do to get out from under it. Nothing he did was of any use.

His arms shot out as he combed the ground desperately, trying to find something ”“ anything - to use as a weapon to keep his assailant at bay. Pebbles, small fragments of rock, and soil chafed each hand. He grabbed a handful of dirt with his left and threw it in the air, hoping that he would be able to blind his aggressor. Sure enough, his counter-attack must have had some affect, for he was finally able to squirm out from underneath the creature's appendage. He jammed his hand down onto the handle of his blaster pistol, released it from its holster, and fired off as many rounds as he could before the weapon's battery overheated. A harsh, visceral sound erupted from dark form now moving towards him.

To his surprise, it did not attack him. Instead, it seemed to”¦ get smaller. The form reduced in size until there was an earth-trembling thud only inches away from the young Jedi.

Heart racing, Arlan awkwardly stood up from the ground and re-holstered his blaster. The weapon's battery had cooled down, and was no longer hot to the touch. He cautiously edged his way along the path, feeling the toe of his boot scrape against a metallic object. He bent down and touched it, ascertaining it as his mother's lightsaber. Sure enough, when he ignited it, the azure blade leapt to life. He used its source of light to see what it was that had attacked him.

It was indeed a kinrath. The ghastly creatures, he'd been told, infested a good majority of Dantooine's crystal caves. One question still stood, though: where in the Lord's name did it come from?

He found his other hilt a short while later. Not only that, but an entirely different pathway that lead off of the one he'd been taking. At the end of it was a narrow horizontal crescent of light. There seemed to be no other way for him to go, for the path he'd been taking met a wall of solid rock. He proceeded further into the cave, now keeping an eye and ear open for any other pending threat. He kept a firmer hold around both of his lightsabers, and was surprised to find that a rather steep incline was what separated him from the dim hemisphere. He took it, and when he reached the top, a wide, well-lit opening stood before him. It led into an even brighter circular-shaped fissure, in which a wide array of bright-colored semiprecious stones resided. He smiled, wiping a dirty hand across his moist forehead which was damp with perspiration.

He'd found it at last.

He took a cautious step into the interval, and sometime after analyzing the different crystals and their colors, set to work on finding ”“ and harvesting - the ones needed for his lightsaber”¦

Armiena bobbed facedown in the water, hugging her knees to her chest. That posture was all the better for protecting herself from bruising impacts against the tunnel walls””and she was being constantly tumbled about, her shoulders and sides continually brushing against unseen swells in the riverbed and the walls. Her greatest fear, however, was being dashed against an overhanging rock at high speed. Only her instincts and a quick application of the Force would save her from a back-breaking impact. She tumbled in the surf for what felt like forever, until the Force proved that it hadn't forsaken her by shouting an urgent warning to her.

Danger!

Without even thinking about the impulse to protect herself, Armiena threw up a protective shield with the Force””not a moment too soon, as her head was thrown to her side by a great blow and with a stab of fire in her neck. She'd hit something””she was still hitting things, she could feel impacts all over her arms and legs. All she could do was grit her teeth to hold on to the rebreather, and hope that a heavy impact didn't crash through the Barrier and break her.

Get out, get out now!

Again, an impulse from the Force””no explanation, just a sense of urgency. She twisted in the water and thrust out her hands blindly, searching for anything to grab ahold of. Her left hand caught ahold of a jagged ledge””she tightened her grip, her right hand joining it””the rock tore into her skin and set her hands ablaze with pain, her warm blood slicking the stone. But Armiena just spat a curse behind her clenched jaw and dug her toes into something resembling a foothold in the underwater rock. The current continued to pull at her body and threatened to tear her away from her lifeline, but she hung on, and inch by painful inch, dragged her body onto solid ground.

Armiena just lay there for a minute after she spat out the rebreather, her cheek and breasts pressed into the cutting earth. Never again would she do something that stupid””her mortality was threatened enough by just the Imperials. They didn't need her help. After simply breathing on in the dark din for a while, she began to grope blindly with her hands to gauge her surroundings. She seemed to be in the mouth of some sort of vent or tunnel, barely wide enough to admit her thin body and the backpack on her shoulders. No, not even that””crawling forward a few feet, the roof closed in on her and snagged on the satchel.

She would have to abandon it. Armiena paused a moment to search for a few essentials that she could clip on her belt, pulled her gauntlet onto her left hand, and continued without the rest of her gear.

Even freed of the extra burden, it was not an easy passage. She wriggled through with her arms plastered to her sides, pushing only with her legs. She was very aware of how the stone, worn smooth as it was, pulled at her hair. Periodically, she had to completely exhale to squeeze through a narrow pinch. Armiena continued that way, feeling slightly claustrophobic, until after an indeterminable length of time she though she caught a glimmer of light on the tunnel roof and a hint of wind on her forehead.

She wasn't just imagining it. The wind grew stronger, and the solid bedrock under Armiena's head gave way to empty air. A few more seconds of struggling pushed her into a much larger chamber””standing up and nearly cracking her skull on the ceiling before she crouched down, she estimated it to be just shy of two meters high.

Armiena had brought a spare glowrod, but it proved to be unnecessary. IN the center of the chamber, flanked by slender supports of naturally grown pillars, lay a bed of crystal deposits glittering with an inner silvery light. Her exposed skin was bathed in its glow, turning her pale skin a deathly pallor as she approached the field of crystals. An exhausted laugh echoed off the walls of the chamber when she ran a hand over the flawless surface of one of the glassy clusters.

She did a double-take, her brow furrowing in suspicion as she withdrew her hand. All of a sudden, the Jedi felt”¦ exhausted””drained of strength, unnaturally weak and struggling to muster the strength just to stay on her feet. She collapsed over the shoot of rock, her hand automatically reaching for a knife to defend herself against”¦ against what? Her danger sense was still, she seemed to have no enemy to face”¦ but whatever was doing this to her, she wasn't going down with a mighty struggle. Her mental defenses went up to fight off this intrusion””

Armiena, stop it.

She didn't heed the advice.

Oi! Sis, the Force didn't lead you here to kill you. Give it up!

Armiena hesitated for only a second, but that breach in her defenses was enough for the presence to overwhelm her senses with a pall of darkness. She swooned and unconsciousness quickly took her, her inanimate body clinging loosely to the edges of the crystal.

A beam of light pierced the shadows near Arlan, and from the darkness emerged Armiena Darkfire. She nodded when the light from her glowrod passed over her student's back, and automatically angled the beam to his feet to avoid the possibility of blinding him with its brightness.

If he were to turn around, Arlan would find that she looked like something that the kath hound might have dragged in. Her hair was a mess, pulled in every which direction out of its ordinarily neat braid; occasionally, a drop of water still slipped from her face and hair; and she looked obviously exhausted, but”¦ nonetheless in high spirits.

”œHey, Arlan.”

drayyy.png

~Son of a Kath Hound!~

Arlan inhaled sharply through his nose and put his finger to his lips. He'd cut it on a jagged amber-colored crystal, which now bore witness to the flecks of crimson. He stuck his other hand into the pocket of his pants and pulled out a plastic jar that contained the bacta patches that he'd brought along with him. Taking one out, he separated the piece of gauze-like material from its package and carefully wrapped it around his marred appendage. It would take a minute or two for the wound to completely heal, so to busy himself until it did, he began the process of transferring his collected crystals from the ground into a small metal box that he'd also brought along with him.

His heart started at the sound of Armiena's voice. He'd been so used to the quietness of the chamber that he completely forgot about her being in the cave with him. He turned around, but just as he was about to remove the lid to show her the crystals he'd gathered, he caught sight of his master's maltreated appearance. He wondered if she'd come across a kinrath like he had. That wouldn't have been of any surprise to him, but judging by the extent of her injuries - and the knowledge of the fact that she was an expert duelist and combatant alike -, he suspected that something else had happened.

”œArmiena... w-what happened?”

Kira pondered the information that Jhoren recovered, then when he stated that his Grandfather was exiled she leaned forward to look at the screen as well. It explained some of his actions.

"Sometimes a Jedi will become exiled because of some of their actions. The Jedi Council may exile someone for going against direct orders, like to stay out of a war that they felt through the Force to have something else behind it. There was one Jedi that was commonly known as 'The Jedi Exile'. She was exiled because she followed Revan into the Mandalorian Wars. She was the only one that didn't fall to the dark side and the only one to return to Coruscant to face the consequences of her actions. She was exiled, only to return years later to save the galaxy from the Sith Triumvirate. Others, in years gone by, were said to be exiled due to having too many padawans fall to the darkside."

She leant over and tapped a few keys, bringing up another screen, "Lets see if the reason for his exile is listed..."

7MxDMRQ.jpg

Sanj's ship landed on the grassy planet of Dantooine inside was an Aruzan Jedi padawan stuck in a chaotic mix of depression, doubt, fear, and anger that only he could sort out. Thoughts were floating through his head and he knew one thing, John wasn't alive. As much as he wanted to think he had survived, he knew he was killed by the sith. Could he have saved him? Could he have tried to stop the man and maybe give his own life to save his masters? What about Rep, could he have been killed too because of him? He wasn't as angry at the sith as he was himself. He could have done something instead of running he could of helped. Instead he watched and ran. He wouldn't leave the ship until his mind was at rest, otherwise he would be distracted and turned into a nice meal by something in the caves. He kept trying to assure himself that he made the right choice; if he had done anything different he would have died and not have changed anything.

Sanj walked out of the ship but first grabbed a flashlight and made sure his blaster was on him he would need these things inside of a cave. He was still not completely sure he had done the right thing but was more at peace then before. His face wore a frown unlike its usual large smile. He walked throughout the spaceport and stayed out of the way of people, he didn't want to bother anyone. He then found a speeder rental and handed the man some credits in exchange for a speeder.

He rode out of the spaceport and allowed a small smile as he felt the wind hit his face. He quickly went through the beautiful grassy landscape. He felt the warmth and it made him happy, he wanted this ride to last forever. He began to slow down when he found a cave. He parked it and got off, he felt this cave was special it would have the crystals for his lightsaber. He turned on his flashlight and began to walk into the dark abyss.

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

The screen following the one that showed Adriav's précis had three, short lines of text under a headline that read ”˜Reason for Exile'. It was a rather short read, though it was all the more surprising to find out the exact reason as to why his grandfather was banished from the Jedi Order. He glanced up at Kirana before reading it aloud, and when he did, he was unable to keep the surprise from reaching his voice.

”œAdrian Zeur, age thirty-four was banned from the Jedi Order. Reason: Wedding a fellow Master, and comprising a son.”

jhorenn222.png

Sanj walked into the cave, he felt the darkness come over him before he turned on his flashlight to make sure he didn't bump into walls. He kept the light waist level so he'd be able to see most of what was in front of him. He could hear his steps echo throughout the abyss.

He kept walking until he heard a strange chirp coming from behind him. He quickly moved his flashlight behind him to see what was there but he saw nothing. He turned back around and screamed as what felt like a blade went slicing through his back. Sanj then grabbed the scythe that was cutting him and threw it over his shoulder. He looked at the thing and realized that he was being attacked by a laigrek. He then realized something they almost never attack alone. He then moved his flashlight around to see two more of the red-eyed demons. He had to be careful, these things could kill him easily if he wasn't careful. He then ran to the one that he had thrown and quickly grabbed its head and tilted it back so there was an area not protected by its armor. He then grabbed his blaster and fired in that spot, killing the thing. One down two to go.

While he was busy with the first laigrek, the other two had snuck up on him. One of the two had bit him right on the shoulder, he let out a yell and looked at the wound and knew he'd need a few shots when he got out of here. He then fired at the laigrek directly in the eye killing it. There was only one left and when he turned to fight the other and it attacked him with several slices. He put his hands together and swung them as hard as he could at the demons head. It managed to knock the beast away but not kill it. He then moved by it and jumped on it several times, breaking its exoskeleton and killing the laigrek. He then covered his wounds as well as he could before he kept moving.

He was exhausted and hurt from the fight but kept moving, he was too determined to turn back. He was almost there, he just knew it and was glad that he'd be able to leave this cave. Sanj smiled as he reached the end of the cave and saw the crystals. He then started to find the crystals he would use for his lightsaber.

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

When he placed the last bacta patch on the last of Armiena's wounds, he slipped the empty translucent bottle back into his pocket. Her question was lost on him; why wouldn't he be tending to her wounds? She was his master. His guardian. His friend. Should he not have put the patches over her wounds? Should he have given them to her to do that?

His brain was swarming with unanswered questions, and it was starting to give him a headache. He wanted to get out of the cave and back to the ship, where he could fix himself a drink to cure his parchment and begin the construction of his lightsaber.

”œI just...”

"No, no, that's not what I meant." Armiena idly waved the hand holding the glowrod, spilling light all over the cavern walls. "I meant, why are you doing this?" She indicated the entire cavern chamber, his robe and cloak.

"See, in my case, being a Jedi is as much self-defense as it is some personal cause. The Empire tried to kill me, so I trained myself up so I could fight back. But I can't fathom why anyone would choose this kind of life."

drayyy.png

It took Arlan a second or two to understand what it was that Armiena meant, but once he understood her meaning, he scratched the back of his head, contemplating a response.

"My parents were both Jedi once," he said, choosing his words carefully. "I guess... it's in my blood. I wasn't meant to do something like... work on a moisture farm, or become a soldier for the Republic.

"I want to do something good for the galaxy, instead of inflict more harm upon it. I want to do something good with my powers. Those who are Force-sensitive are given - or inherit - their powers are given them for a reason. I believe-"

He paused, afraid that what he was about to say would sound stupid or ill-thought.

"...I think that we're all meant to do something important," he said at last. "And those with the ability to use and bend the Force to their advantage, whether they be Jedi or Sith contribute to some greater picture.

"I wasn't raised to be a Sith," he said. "I grew up and was raised by two parents who loved and cared for me. I have nothing against the galaxy or its citizens. While I do hate the bastard - sorry - who killed them... well, wouldn't you?"

He stopped again, hoping that his answer was a bit more straight-forward than it sounded.

Sanj looked around, there were so many crystals to chose from and he would only be able to take two of them. He had to think on what color he would use and came to the decision that he would wield a gold saber. He found a cluster of gold crystals and closed his eyes to find one that felt well, right. He found one that seemed slightly different than the others he couldn't place his finger on it but it felt as if it was meant to be his.

He then saw another crystal ((secondary crystal)) it seemed perfect. That's all that came to mind and Sanj took it. He then remembered that for the crystal to be put into his lightsaber, he'd have to meditate on the crystal or something around those lines. He then sat down, crossed his leg, and closed his eyes. He started to meditate and focused on the crystals that were on his legs.

He felt an odd click go off and knew that he had to break out of his deep trance. He opened his eyes and looked around and remembered he was still in the cave. He felt at peace when he saw the crystals on the walls, they were beautiful and he then decided to look at the ones he had picked. They were slightly different before but he wasn't sure how. Sanj then placed them inside a small bag that he put inside of a pocket. He saw his wounds and realized that they already scabbed. How long have I been here? he thought. He ran some math through his head and decided that by how well he was rested and that the scabs would fall of soon, around three or four days.

Sanj stood up and started to walk out of the cave. The trip out seemed shorter than on the way in maybe because he wasn't being mauled by laigreks. He nearly vomited when he saw their dead carcasses on the ground. Parts of them had been eaten and there were maggots coming out of where its eyes used to be. He felt slightly sickened that he had killed them but knew if he hadn't, it be he lying there dead.

He stepped out of the cave and covered his eyes he was in the cave for so long and he needed to adjust his eyes to the light of Dantooine. He was glad to see that the speeder was still there and he got on it. He then went across the fields of the warm planet and was happy he was out of that cave. He had almost forgotten what it was like to be warm. He stopped at a lake and got some water. Sanj was thirsty and needed water he let out a large smile when the water went into his mouth. He then got on his speeder and made his way back to the spaceport.

Sanj found the rental place and handed the speeder over and went on his way. He found a food court and bought a feast. He shoveled the food in until he was completely stuffed and knew it was time to leave. He couldn't stay any longer even though he wanted to. He found his ship and took off he wasn't sure where to go but knew he'd have to create his lightsaber wherever he went.

Sanjanimsig.gif

A com from Haruun Kal directed to Armenia Darkfire.

"Grandmaster, a Sith is attacking the Jedi temple on Haruun Kal. A Jedi has already fallen and another one is being attacked. We need assistance." Said a frantic voice, desperate for help.

repsisig.png