What's in a Name? (SW fanfic) (Fin)

This story is for Darsha and anyone else who may have been wondering where my "T" comes from. I actually wrote it a while ago, and it's not the greatest thing, but... oh, well. The time frame is about a year after TPM.

What's in a Name?

My first name is Anakin. My mom picked that name out for me when I was born. She mostly just called me Ani, but my real name's Anakin. I like it because mom gave it to me, and that makes it special.

My last name is Skywalker. I got that one from my mom, too, but she didn't pick it; she already had it and couldn't change it. I still like it, though, because I love flying. ”˜Skywalker' sounds like walking in the sky, and that's sort of like flying, I think. It's a good name for a pilot, and even though I'm gonna be a Jedi, I'm also gonna be the best pilot in the galaxy!

My mom didn't give me my middle name, though; I got that from Master Obi-Wan. It took almost a year of training me for him to come up with it, but now he says it all the time.

It all started right after I became Obi-Wan's Padawan. The day after, actually. Obi-Wan was busy talking to someone, and it was getting close to dinnertime, so I went into the refresher ”“ I swear, I didn't know it was the girls'! It was only my second day, and the Temple's really big! Anyway, a little girl saw me in there and screamed. I don't know why she had to scream so loud; I was just washing my hands! She screamed so loud that I ran away down the hall and smacked into somebody else's Master. That's when I found out we're not supposed to run in the halls.

Master Obi-Wan gave me a lecture about Jedi being aware of their surroundings or something for a really long time ”“ probably about five hours! Well, he sad it was only five minutes; but I think his chrono's broken.

That night, I got in trouble again. I couldn't sleep, and I didn't know that some Jedi Masters wake up when you walk past their doors. Sleepy Jedi Masters can be very, very cranky.

I got in trouble for something almost every day.

And night.

It really wasn't my fault, though!

Like the time I tried to levitate my glass of milk. I thought I could do it! It worked just fine when I did it with blocks. And I didn't jump in the fountain; I was just trying to show off my balancing to Ceni Ont. I also didn't know the fountain was deep enough to almost drown in and that Master Obi-Wan would have to fish me out.

And nobody told me it was against the rules to have pillow fights in the halls late at night. Well, okay, I sort of knew that it might be, but I didn't know for sure the first time.

I did mean to punch Padawan Eman in the nose, though. He said I must not have cared about my mother very much if I left her to come here.

Master says I cared too much. He gave me another long lecture - something about Jedi not acting out of anger.

But I didn't mean for the droid I fixed to go and trip Master Windu. Maybe I didn't fix it as much as I thought, but it still wasn't on purpose! I told Master Windu he should have been more aware of his surroundings, but he didn't like that much, and neither did Obi-Wan.

It's just not fair. How come I have to watch my surroundings but Masters don't?

Anyway, one day the Jedi Council wanted to talk with my Master and not with me. He told me to be good while he was gone, and to stay in my room except for classes and lunch time. I told him I would stay out of trouble, but I don't think he believed me.

I really did try, though. Things just kept turning out bad. I really did try to meditate in meditation class, but it got too bright and I got scared. I don't know what happened, but I think I started yelling or something. They don't like it when you do that when you're supposed to be meditating. They told me to be quiet, but I was too scared to meditate any more, so I just closed my eyes instead. Then all of a sudden I was on the floor and my head hurt and they were scolding me for falling asleep in meditation class.

Then I was bored in Jedi History. Who wants to hear about a bunch of dead guys anyway? I promise, though, I was only trying to levitate the pointer for fun ”“ I didn't mean to pull the whole holoboard off the wall!

At lunch, they had prisht fruit, and they didn't take all the seeds out and I sort of started a seed-spitting contest without really meaning to ”“ it just happened.

Then, in lightsaber training, Padawan Eman, who I punched the other time, was my partner for velocities, and he kept cheating and saying I lost. I kept getting madder and madder until I sort of accidentally smacked him across the face. The Masters didn't like that, either. They told me to wait in my room for Master Obi-wan. I decided to work on another droid, but I didn't get very far because I knew my Master would be mad at me for not staying out of trouble. When he came in, he scared me, and I knocked a lot of stuff off my workbench and it fell on the floor and made a big mess and lots of noise.

Obi-Wan looked kind of mad, so I told him that I tried to stay out of trouble. He looked at me and shook his head and said,

”œAnakin, trouble is your middle name.”

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

I did mean to punch Padawan Eman in the nose, though.

Remains iconic.

XD

I remember reading this one...

And it's a good one to have up, too. It explains your username, even if I'm just calling you Ani now. The full thing is tooo long. You'll end up Ani or ATS. I'm Tiana or T... etc.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

*tiny voice* I figured it out when you first wrote that Ani gets in trouble a lot.

*cough cough* Anyway, nice little SS. Amusing in parts. Nothing outstanding, but enjoyable!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Actually, I'll second Zero, I'd love to have seen this "My name is Anakin T. Skywalker, and the T. is for trouble. I don't think Master Kenobi was being particularly nice the time he told me "Anakin, your middle name is trouble." but I guess it does fit..."

Type beginning and go on from there.

It could've worked well, not to say I didn't like this one either. But it is easy to call T for trouble. REALLLY easy. XD

I don't know... with editing, I think that one fic could be outstanding, Ani...

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.