Gala - Jedi Praxeum Ruins

Amidala Skywalker

The world spun and the ground seemed to rise to meet her as she worked to manually clear away the stones from those that were trapped underneath, causing the Jedi Knight to black out.

R2-E6 whirred and whistled in alarm as Xae-Lin collapsed to the ground. Panicking, the little droid zipped about whistling and generally trying to attract attention in the group of younglings and hopefuls that were clearing ruble in the same area, inadvertently bumping into a tall russet-haired teen. ((Trip))

The droid quickly burbled a string of alarm and instructions, punctuated by his adaptive arm's gyrations and gestures, hoping that the teen would get the message.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Piccolo's ship emerged from hyperspace. He had not been to Gala in many months. He was not sure if he would be as welcome here as he was then. Still, saving the lives of many Jedi and Republic agents, and sacrificing his life in battle against the Sith Order should be worth something. The Black Sun hunter knew the location of the Jedi Temple. He sent a comm message,

"My name is Captain Piccolo, representative of the Black Sun, and former ally to Ara-lai Kaipi and Onderin Starlisk. I request permission to land, and an audience with the highest ranking Jedi on the surface. I am here to request a personal favor, in payment for my services to the Jedi Order."

All around the damaged sections of the temple, construction droids began shoring up some of the less structurally sound portions of the building and began making repairs on the morass that was the crash site.

Everywhere in the temple was abuzz with activity, droids, Masters, Knights, Padawans, and Hopefuls that were able were busy helping victims and starting to get the temple back in order.

((Posted as per req by OK.))

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Rather abruptly knocked out of meditation, it took the young lad a second or two to get his barrings. The temple, right. As deep in meditation as he was, it was easy for him to lose himself in his repetitive task. He was just glad the stone he had been currently working on was just about where it needed to be when he was awakened, else some tiny little youngling would have been squashed. The stone did, however, fall about five feet to the ground, shocking many of the younger children into dropping their own small rocks, while the older children remained steadfast in their meditation. Turning his attention to the droid, Trip quickly figured out why it was so eager to grab his attention. The Jedi Knight Xae-Lin had collapse, a small trickle of blood running from a spot on her head, making a single strand of her hair into a rusty hue. Trip stood from his seated position, offering the droid a casual smile.

"Don't worry little friend. Your master will be right as rain in two shakes of a bantha's tail."

As powerful as the Jedi knight was in the force, her form was something quite misleading for her magnitude. Just under five feet tall, she was thin as a twig. Reaching low to pick her up, Trip had no problem carrying her. Medical attention was no problem to find, either. Since they had been at the scene of a major attack on the temple, medical droids and doctors were everywhere, searching through the rubble for any injured. A light touch across the surface of one of the doctor's mind made him turn to Trip just as he was coming up to him.

"Excuse me, but I believe she's hurt her head. Maybe a concussion. Would you mind taking a look?"

"I-I'm sorry..." the doctor fumbled out, "...but if her pulse is strong and she's already blacked out, there's nothing I can do for her besides give her some bacta, and I really have to keep searching for high priority injuries in this rubble."

The doctor sounded as if he were forcing his confidence, trying to play the part of a leader in a situation where he was absolutely lost. Trip couldn't blame him, really. The man was important, and had to act it, else those under him, those in pain, and frankly everyone who was simply too shocked by the experience to properly function would be lost to the gravity of the situation. Trip looked over the doctor's shoulder to the pile of rubble he and a few other volunteers were working on, then back to the doctor.

"There's no one in that pile. Nor any other pile around here."

"But...how?"

Trip only offered back a casual smile, not bothering to explain that it was the force that told him this. "Leave the rock moving to me, doctor. There's no one else for you to save in there today. However this lady here is in need of some attention."

Utterly at a loss for words, the doctor could only nod as a few medical droids moved to take the Jedi out of his hands.

"When she wakes, tell me if you can. I'd like to follow up on her condition."

Offering yet again another light hearted smile, Trip turned to go back to his work clearing the debris. Returning to his seated position in the semicircle, he slowly slipped into meditation as his breathing slowed to a controlled pace. Without hesitation another large stone lifted from the pile and began to drift to the new rubble pile.

Piccolo could clearly tell the Temple below was a buzz of activity. And yet he was ignored. It was confusing, given how much the Jedi Order owed him. Or at least, how much they owed the old Piccolo, the former Black Sun leader. Now he was just another warrior, with no leadership responsibilities. He was a hunter again, living a simple life he had longed for.

Still, being ignored is not a pleasant feeling. I bled for these Jedi, despite the fact that I loathed them.

Piccolo landed his ship away from the Temple, and walked the short distance to the structure. Some events had happened here recently to cause it damage. He regreted not knowing anymore details. It always helped to have all the information. Nevertheless, if the Jedi were as bound to their honor as he hoped, he should be quite safe here. The hunter moved, walking toward the entrance . . .

((Sorry Piccolo...I think that I happen to be the "highest" ranking PC Jedi here right now and Xae was unconcious...Not for long...))

Once again, Xae found herself wandering the streets of the small settlement on Concord Dawn that she'd first visited with John and then visited a second time with her niece in tow.

Children played hide-and-seek among the thatched bamboo dwellings. Occationally she thought that she had caught a glimpse of Iniera, her niece.

A warm pair of arms encircled her waist from behind. The young woman turned to see who it was even though she already knew who she'd find, John.

"My love," he began as he stroked back her auburn hair, "While I appreciate these visits..." He bent forward and kissed her deeply. "It is time to wake up..."

Slowly his words seemed to break the spell that held her there and she felt herself drifting back towards the waking world...

Laid out on a makeshift stretcher amongst the thrown together medical treatment area of the damaged section of the temple, the Jedi Knight began to stir. Slowly her breathing rate and heart rate raised from the resting state they'd been in and her eyes slowly opened, blinking a few times as she tried to get her barings.

All around her the other Jedi, Padawans, and Trainees were busy doing their part to reconstruct the damaged temple.

She groaned slightly as she rolled to one side to sit up. Her head was pounding as though a hundred angry rancors were doing laps in her head. Still, she managed to focus enough of the Force to dull the pain and only make her head swim a little as she carefully stood up and waited for her eyes to focus as the bacta booster did its job.

Her hair still felt a little sticky from where she'd bled, but other than the headache she seemed fine.

The last thing that I remember was a loud blast and the temple shaking. Apparently we were attacked, but by whom? she wondered.

She noticed a figure in the distance coming towards the temple ((Piccolo)) and couldn't help but wonder whether he was friend or foe. She hadn't met that many of the other Jedi Knights and Masters so she knew that she couldn't be sure that this person didn't belong among them.

R2-D6 ran up along side his master and chortled happily that he was glad that she was alright. Xae patted the little droid affectionately as she walked towards the stranger ready to find out his purpose here.

As she walked she passed by several of the older trainees that were busy in meditation, noticing a red-haired teenager ((Trip)) and for reasons she couldn't quite explain, but knew enough to listen to what the Force told her, sent him a grateful message.

"I know that it was you that made sure that I was looked after. Thank you. We should talk when we're done.

psvBwny.jpg

(No problem)

As Piccolo walked toward the Temple, a Jedi and an astromech droid emerged, clearly moving towards the hunter. It seemed they'd finally noticed him. He was sure the attack had been very recent now. They never would have let him get this close normally without asking his business. Still, if he was in charge, he would have made sure security was never lax, especially after an attack.

But your not here to give them tips on proper battle tactics.

Piccolo gave the Jedi a nod, as he stopped before her. He did not recognize her, which surprised him. It had not been that long since he had visited the Jedi on this very planet to procure an alliance. He must have been out of the loop for longer than he thought, for a Jedi he was not familiar with to be the highest ranking member on Gala. He spoke, his mechanically filtered voice emerging from his helmet.

"Again, I am Captain Piccolo of the Black Sun. I have been sent here to deliver an important message from Smash Daisaku to the Jedi Xae-Lin Ardel. Do you know where I might find her?"

As the petite Jedi Knight watched the towering green figure come closer her head began to swim less and less as the bacta did its job.

"Again, I am Captain Piccolo of the Black Sun. I have been sent here to deliver an important message from Smash Daisaku to the Jedi Xae-Lin Ardel. Do you know where I might find her?"

Who is this man? she wondered to herself. She'd never seen this stranger before, though that wasn't saying much since she'd spent most of her Jedi career away from the temple itself, which is why she'd felt called to stay for a while only to have disaster strike.

Inwardly she turned her thoughts on the man's presence within the force. It was obvious that he was not a force user, but he still held great presence. Perhaps it was his half-metal covered face that lent itself to what would likely be quite the intimidation factor, if Xae-Lin was the kind that was easily intimidated. There was something that also plagued her at the corners of her mind, this man had the air of a natural-born killer, For a moment Xae wondered if she should be welcoming the man into their midst, especially with the temple in its current state.

Still, one didn't automatically kill the messenger, but she was on her guard, especially so soon after having the temple hit. But who was this Smash Daisaku he spoke of, and why did that name sound vaguely familiar?

Suddenly she wished that she paid better attention to galactic events and hadn't spent most of her training away from the galactic center and current events. Still the guy had to be pretty important for someone of this green man's presence to be serving him as a messenger.

Then again, maybe the muscle's just in case I don't like the message. But specifically for me? I wasn't aware that anyone outside the few people I've met in the order even knew me”¦ Mentally she shrugged.

psvBwny.jpg

Piccolo was surprised it had been this easy. This was the most likely place to find a Jedi of course. But to have her be the one to meet him was unlikely. He couldn't help sighing in disappointment. He'd hoped it would be much harder. It was the first actually hunt he'd been on in at least two years.

Well, it doesn't have to be luck. Maybe I'm just getting good. Or maybe the Force was on my side.

Piccolo almost chuckled at his private joke. But he made sure no sound came from behind his faceless black visor. Instead of speaking, he pressed a button on his belt. His spring-loaded holsters shot his twin blaster pistols into the air. Piccolo had designed them with Jedi in mind, but this was the first time he'd actually tried to use them.

The hunter grabbed them out of the air with the muzzles pointing toward Xae-Lin. He remembered back at this moment to his first training so long ago. The dead Black Sun member Ronet Farr had shown him how to use a blaster then. He'd instructed Piccolo that precision firing was best. He'd said most bounty hunters try to fire as many shots as possible, instead of aiming carefully with a single shot.

He never realized precision firing wasn't my style.

Piccolo finally spoke, his cold mechanical voice emerging from his helmet once more. But it would be evident to any sensitive Jedi that the coldness was genuine, and not simply a result of the voice filter. Piccolo felt no remorse for this act. If anything, he was giving this Jedi, or himself, a noble death. To die in battle was the wish of every brave soul. Piccolo was only half-Doshan, but he'd come to believe in at least that much of the old Trandoshan religion.

" Smash Daisaku wants you dead. I don't know why, and I don't care, so don't bother pulling any of that Jedi peace crap. I suggest you concentrate on defending yourself."

Piccolo stared down the muzzle of his gun, and Xae-Lin's form and began firing his pistols in rapid succession.

OOC: We'll have a fair duel. Three posts then a mod rule. If you want me to have the first official post, so you get the last, your next one doesn't have to count, it's up to you. Good luck.

Slicer smiled as he came upon the scene. There was piccolo once again taking on the Jedi.

Old habits do die hard.

He had to admit he was surprised to see the hunter. While he had indeed closed himself off to the force he would have hoped he could have spotted the hunter before the hunter had happened upon another Jedi.

Still as dangerous as ever.

Still his eyes were drawn away from the scene and focused more on his quary. He had used the technique of looking for what was not there to find his prey and that had in the end been her undoing. Like a month drawn to flame he had simply searched what he could not feel. A strange idea and sensation to be sure, but a doable one. Especially in a galaxy where the little force nullifying lizards and pariahs seemed to show up more often than not.

He did his bioscans of the prey and question, running her specs up against the information he had been given only a little time before hand. It was a bit lucky that she had not fled world but, instead decided to help the all seeing jedi after their failure to stop a terrorist attack.

For once if the Jedi stop me, I'll be able to convince them not to shoot at me.

Cold blooded murder followed by the mutilation of the bodies in the forms of torching. Sneaking around a Jedi base with intent to do harm, as well as potential sabotaging a ”¦ government. Her crimes would be more than enough to let any Jedi take a few steps back and re-evaluate the situation.

A cold hearted grin came across his hidden features as he removed his scalp hunter and centered the cross hair at Serena's heart. Intent on helping the jedi and encumbered by the bothersome lizards he doubted she knew what was about to happen.

He pulled the trigger and sent three bolts racing through the air, intent on turning her into a corpse. The first one aimed at her heart, anticipating a duck and possible spin, and figuring it would be leaning toward her strong side, the second shot was meant to catch her in the rib cage, should she evade to the right and duck, or at least one of her legs. The last shot had been another attempt at a killing blow. Figuring that if all else fails a quick shot to the head would do wonders.

With out waiting on the results he instead made sure he was filming as he drew his carbonite blaster. Intent on freezing her solid and transporting her old school.

((You got a bounty on your head Serena. I would ask for the kill shot thing, though I don't think that is in effect yet. ))

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

((You take the first post, I'll just get you there))

Sh*t, sh*t, sh*t!, Xae-Lin thought as she quickly dodged the initial spray of Piccolo's blasters. She ducked behind a slab of stone that had fallen from the upper concourse of the temple as she tried to gather her thoughts.

Who did I offend so much that they'd want to kill me? Is Auros still alive? Did he somehow find his way off Dathomir after our mother was defeated? Or is this a continuation of the attackers on Ossus? Did John and I stumble upon something that we shouldn't have when we returned in search of Kyp? Is it something about my connection to Kyp? Did I see something that I shouldn't have during all those years I was alone on Ossus? A thousand and one thoughts immediately flooded her head.

Somehow, she doubted that the hunter would know as little as he claimed about his target. Surely, he must have some inkling about what she'd done to merit death in his master's eyes. Frantically she tried to recall anything at all she'd ever heard about Smash Daisaku.

At least he gave me the name of the one who wants me dead. Could it be because I am to marry John? His armor looks a little like John's, but there seems to be something different about it. Is he a rival Mandalorian?

Her hand went to her emerald-green bladed lightsaber, the same one that John had given her when he began training her. She left her amber-bladed one by her side for now; she had a sinking feeling that she would need it.

Various scenes from her life flashed in her head ”“ her combat training on Dathomir, growing up among the Nightsisters, her days with Kyp, her time on Ossus alone during her self-training stint, John's proposal and Mandalorian training, her return to Dathomir ”“ each bringing with it its own strengths that bolstered her as she prepared to defend herself.

psvBwny.jpg

A light sigh escaped him as he abruptly awoke from meditation once again. As chaotic as it was, the mood of the temple had been something of a peaceful one. People, Jedi and civilians alike were buzzing alive with duty, droids whirring as their motivators worked in excess, even the cool stone comprising the temple itself held a steady rhythm of calm progress, but there was something else here, something mingled in the crowd of many that broke the loud serenity. It was a sense of duty, wholly different from the rest of the temple. This one ran with aggression wrapped neatly around it, like a murderous present begrudgingly given. For a moment, Trip remained locked in his seated position, eyes still locked on the small pile of rocks slowly dwindling across from him. His mind spread from the tiny grove of students cleaning up the temple to the crowd around him, and then a little further until noticing someone he hadn't seen before.

The man was talking to Xae-Lin, the knight previously taken ill by a light crack on the head. His stance seemed to be eager, holding something back. Clearly he was not a Jedi. Just as Trip began to focus harder on the individual, the man moved with remarkable speed, flipping out a pair of blasters and catching them just as they were leveled at Xae's face. Another sigh left him as he softly got to his feet. Always so much to do...

"Okay kids, I think we've moved enough rocks for today. Why don't you go get yourselves something to eat."

At once, the stones lazily suspended in the air sat down in unison. The crowd of children rose together and left together, save for four of the older students. Like him, they too had felt the change in the temple air. Together the five of them walked toward Xae and the newcomer once the younglings were in safe distance, hands clasped idly in front of them. Just as they were coming upon the pair, a stray blaster shot flew past Trip's left cheek. Together the five of them broke from their walking pace, in a force assisted sprint toward the combatants. While the other for reached for the lightsabers, Trip could not resort to such an act. He had never built a lightsaber, deciding that he wouldn't do so until his master had felt the time right. Breaking from the pack, Trip jumped high into the air, summoning a discarded broom to him in mid flight.

As the other four young Jedi gathered around Xae for orders, Trip landed in a tucked roll half a dozen feet at the stranger's ten o'clock. He sprang upward with all the intensity the force and his legs could manage, bringing the broom in a vicious upward strike across the stranger's wrists. The bounty hunter's arms flew upward with the blow, releasing his dual blasters. Oddly enough, the broom head was also sent coursing upwards in the air along with the blasters, broken from the handle as it impacted the hunter's right wrist. Trip let his left hand fall from the broom handle and forced his open palm toward the hunter, casting him back some ten feet before landing with a soft thud on the cold temple floor. As gravity took hold on the blasters and broom head, Trip stabbed the tip of the makeshift staff harmlessly through the air. The broom head clattered against the stone ground, while the blasters swung around Trip's staff, held on by the trigger guards.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I cannot permit violence on temple grounds. If you wish to continue, we will have to restrain you." His tone was soft and formal, as he would speak to anyone else he had met for the first time. Technically speaking, they should have arrested him and held him for trial for the crime of assault and attempted murder, but with all the things going on recently, the order probably wouldn't want to waste resources on just one lowly bounty hunter. At least, that's the way he figured it. Whether or not the masters had other intentions was for them to say.

((I can't just sit by and watch a Jedi get attacked. Count me in. We'll make it a 2v1, not counting for anyone else who may wish to join in. A,B,C))

-EDIT- Also, Xae, the four Jedi I brought with me are under your control, since you're the ranking Jedi.

(Nothing like stacking the deck. But your on. I've never done a duel like this before. That will count as your first post Jarin, to make it just a little more fair, this will be my first, and then Xae's next will be hers. Still three posts a piece, then mod rule.)

Meddling Jedi. I gave her fair warning, when it would not have been difficult to take her by surprise. Even Jedi can't see everything.

Piccolo sighed as his blaster pistols left his hands.

I suppose I'm the last person in this galaxy left with a sense of fair play.

Piccolo knew his inward whining would do nothing to improve his situation. He could already tell he was rusty. Piccolo had been taken by surprise by a Jedi with a broom. It was a hard pill to swallow, and probably his most embarassing moment.

Even worse than the time I was saved by a Jedi.

Of course, Piccolo was no average bounty hunter. His visor and his cybernetic eyes had noticed the Jedi's swift movement a fraction of a second before the broom had struck. Normally that would have been enough time to react, but months without his daily battle training had left him taken aback by the surprise attack. He'd had to think more before he acted, and any thought in the middle of an exchange was a death sentence. It was doubly dangerous when fighting reflexive Jedi. He imagined if it had been a Sith, he'd be missing his hands instead of just his blasters.

Maybe that was how he repayed my warning to Xae-Lin. Still, six on one is cowardly.

The hunter needed to focus, and remember his advantages. He was part machine, part Doshan, and a walking arsenal. Piccolo may not have had the Force on his side, but he had thousands of years of technological advancement, and in his mind that was a better score for him.

I guess I need to show them exactly what they are dealing with. I'll give them a show, and keep a few surprises for later.

Piccolo appraised the battle scene. He noticed immediately that Xae-Lin had dashed for cover. She was his target, and only her death mattered to him. But with five Jedi surrounding him, he had more immediate concerns. Though it was evident by the idealistic tone of the one who spoke to him that these weren't very experienced Jedi. Piccolo didn't always speak during battle. He didn't like to speak in general. He found silence was intimidating. But with idealists, speech could be the greatest weapon to throw them off.

"The Jedi cult teaches you prohibition against violence, yet trains you to wield a laser sword. You don't see the irony in that?"

Of course, Piccolo knew better than to think his words would be persuasive. In the only thing young Jedi responded to was brute force. And Piccolo had plenty of that to offer. But he took the opportunity to press against the base of each palm. Wrist blades emerged from Piccolo's hands. He moved slowly. The hunter maneuvered himself so Trip was standing was standing between himself and Xae-Lin. It allowed the other Jedi to surround him, and give them the illusion they were in control. But he wasn't that concerned with them. Xae-Lin was his target and Trip was the boldest among them, and that told him they needed to be kept in sight as much as possible. He struck toward Trip's weapon with his wrists. His blades would likely have sliced through the broom, but Trip would likely have also expected that, and simply dodged. So instead of finishing his attack, he activated his blaster pack. He did not turn it full on, but gave it just enough spurt to launch him forward. No amount of speed could escape that.

Piccolo slammed into Trip, both of them sliding along the ground. Even the short blast from his pack launched them several meters. Trip's back scraped across the hard ground, tearing at his skin. The hunter gripped the wooden weapon, as his black visor starred directly into Trip's face. Trip was looking into the face of death. But Piccolo had no interest in killing anyone but his target, to the young Jedi's benefit. At least, unless it was necessary.

The Force could increase the strength of a Jedi. But Piccolo's cyber implants combined with his Doshan DNA were more than a match for a Trip. With mechanically enhanced agility Piccolo used his momentum to flip over Trip's fallen body, still gripping the broom. With all his might he flung the Jedi through the air. It was like launching a pebble from a catapult. Trip's prone form arched through the air. Piccolo did not see where he fell, but he activated the display on his visor. It kept all the Jedi in check, so Piccolo would know exactly where they were even when he wasn't looking. He was certain Trip would be coming at him again soon, that was no where near an incapacitating exchange. He would only cause real harm if he absolutely had to. Only one person here was destined to die. But he did not have much time.

The hunter knew the other Jedi would be itching to advance, but he also knew they would wait for the order from the ranking Jedi. So he pumped his legs toward Xae-Lin's position, knowing he would beat any Jedi to her position. Kill her and he could escape easily. Piccolo drew his force-pike. His mechanically enhanced voice filled the air as he neared her.

"I won't be merciful for long Xae-Lin. Your selfishness may cause other Jedi to die. Your death is inevitable either way. If you accept that, your compatriots may be spared."

Never ending life of adventure”¦No matter what Kyp said about life among the Jedi. What was it he used to say in that god-awful voice? ”œExcitement”¦heh”¦adventure”¦a Jedi seeks not these things.”

psvBwny.jpg

(( so I am not back indefinitely, but I will get around to posting my duel posts when I can... ))

Having rather candidly acquired an assessment from a nearby Jedi, Serena had started her assisstance of anybody who might possibly be in danger. She started by slowly making her way around the grounds steadily progressing further and further from the aforementioned Jedi when out of the bleak afternoon daylight a blaster shot fired...

Serena had wondered and half suspected there would be someone following her, due to her last job being cut off so short, but she hadn't suspected it this quickly and she didn't know anyone would be able to detect her without making themselves utterly obvious considering the 4 ysalamari she had with her... She began to question how large and strong the bubble had been when she picked them up, but obviously it wasn't big or strong enough...

The first shot got her right in the chest and the second in the legs, but the third she managed to barely dodge with slight damage to her hair. Apparently the person following was fairly inept to think she wouldn't have any protection...

She turned to reveal barely any marks on her jumpsuit. I few scorch marks if anything, but nothing really...

She thought to herself... LAP must be scraping the bottom of the barrel for these guys... Considering she had seen some of the scumbags face to face...

Considering he already knew where she was, she wouldn't waste anytime in getting to know him... As soon as conclusions were reached Serena ran at a good click toward the direction of the bolts and scattered her running pattern so as to deter anymore fire and then within two shakes of her hands she sent thermal detonators near the bolt's origin...

As soon as the detonators had reached a good distance she shot them with her blaster pistols not wanting to save anytime on countdowns...

Then, panting slightly she sought cover while drawing her weapons as she continued the conflict...

((next move up to you... I will not allow the satisfaction of a OHK 1 of 3))

Anikaddicopy.jpg

((so I take it you want a three post modded duel. Works for me.))

He remained unimpressed when she refused to go down, despite his well placed shot to her chest. He was slight surprised at her nimbleness considering he had caught her in the legs though.

Well she is quite the stubborn one. Oh well, could always use a little practice. So much for a milk run”¦

She was invisible to the force, a mere void where the force should flow. For most, this would make her undetectable. However, given his briefing he knew she would have been more than likely to be carrying at least one of the lizards. By carrying all four she had only allowed him to narrow his search down considerably.

After all, it only hid a person in the force, if one was not specifically looking for that particular void in the first place. Yet he doubted she needed to know that.

Instead, he decided to up the ante, he fed her information into his helmet sensors, and made sure he fed it into his ships computer as well as his battle computer. Painting her as enemy number one he did note and record the durability of her armor.

As she dashed at him, he briefly marveled at how able she was able to move with not one but four fully grown ysalamiri attached to her in some various shape or form, as well as take two blaster shots.

What is she a bantha?

Instead of continuing to fire in a futile gesture He instead simply tracked and watched her movements, allowing time for the engines to heat up and a low atmosphere flight to commence. As she neared him in distance, he instantly grasped what she was attempting to do. His eyes grew wide, as he quickly backpedaled away from his obvious choice of cover. Briefly illuminate in the light, it was unsure if he were man, beast or machine. He was just a rather large imposing figure moving as if Hell was decending upon him. Which in a way it was as not many beings survived a thermal det.

She was good he would give her that, despite her obstacles, she had waited until the blast radius had cleared her before firing, which had incidentally also been the radius that the bubble those creatures projected had ended. It was perhaps the reason why he hadn't felt them coming in the force, nor could he turn them back. So instead, he retreated. As she drew her weapons and dodged for cover, he escaped the utter destruction caused by the thermal detonators. The blast rocketed the area yet there was no debris left from the impact. Instead only a crater where the grenades had left their mark.

tsk tsk tsk, she can't hide from me.

He knew what to look for, so she stood out to him in an unnatural way. She also had the privilege of being fed into his computer and being tracked at all times. There was no cover she could use to hide from him.

He summoned the force, extending his arm he pointed it directly at where she had decided to take cover, the information fed to him through his computer and verified through the force. A slight whooshing sound was heard as suddenly a mini rocket exploded from his arm.

While it wasn't silent, it surely wasn't overly loud. He then summoned the force. If she wanted to play around so would he.

Well for a little while anyway

He dashed off, using the force to fuel his body, as he bent it to his will. He used the force making him far faster than any human normally dreamt of going. Time almost seemed to slow for him, much like it had in the bar. He was not new to this power, yet always encased in his armor, he strove to prefect it at all times, in order to become faster than an unarmored Jedi. It was perhaps one of the few goals he had with a force power.

He began to out pace the rocket to a degree and in a moment, he was parallel to Serena the distance between him and her, the length of the void. A blinding flash of light came forth from his visor, aiming to dazzle her much, like a flash grenade. Arm extended, instead of a blaster in his hand, three darts came out. Each one aimed for an exposed area of her body. Then in that moment it was over, he was past. Bunching at the legs, he threw himself up and away and came down amongst the still littered wreckage that remained.

The rocket exploded less that a moment after he had leapt, the blast almost being strong enough to change his trajectory. The Kelvarex Consolidated Arms MM9 mini concussion rocket was a beautiful thing.

Yet the force was his tool, his servant, and he bent it to his will. Melding into the darker areas of the wreckage that remained, he focused his talent. He became one with the shadows of the wreck, of the pain and the fear that the victims had experienced. He reveled in it, and in that, the wreck became his cover. Though mostly cleaned up by construction and relief crews he found plenty of places to hide and observe. He became apart of it, and it became his cover. A strewn about seat, a dislodged table, a ruined wall, he concealed himself in these things. However, he did not sit by idle. Immersed in the force, he drew a saber, leaving the blade unlit.

He would wait, and soon he would strike, but not how she expected it.

I guess it was time I enjoyed myself a little.

((yea thats cool, I will consider this my first post of the duel then.))

ship

He had only enough time to parry the bounty hunter's quick slices when it hit him. It was like a punch all over his chest. The hunter had activated his jet pack, throwing himself forward very quickly. Add to the fact that he was wearing full plate armor, and there was very little do to change the man's flight with that much inertia behind it. For a moment the two sailed harmlessly through the air, but once gravity took hold the unforgiving stone floor of the temple rose up to meet the young hopeful. As the two glided for several feet, all Trip could think about was how thankful he was the temple floors were as smooth and polished as they were. The decorational stone had been imported from the best marble mines in the galaxy, and for once Trip didn't question the cost of aesthetics. As the pair began to slow down, the hunter did something...odd. Utilizing the momentum of the launch he pulled himself forward in a flip. That wasn't the odd thing. Actually that was a bold tactical maneuver, but what he did at the same time was something wholly different. He kept hold of Trip's staff, jerking it upward in a rough stroke, as if he tried to pull the Jedi with him.

His muscles sore and beaten, Trip was momentarily dazed, unable to keep his warrior grip on his staff. Instead of taking him with him, all the hunter was able to do was rip the staff out of Trip's hand. Coincidentally, the pair of blasters that trip had previously taken from the hunter were still hanging on the staff when the two collided. When the hunter vigorously flung the staff over head, he sent his blasters sailing once again in the air, this time much higher than Trip's previous blow had sent them. After landing deftly from his flip, the hunter had decided to leave Trip alone for one reason or another, possibly thinking the collision had been enough to put him out of the game for a short time. For a while Trip just laid their, his muscles screaming for rest, but the sight of two small black objects falling from the sky told him to move.

As he stood he could feel the other Jedi moving, each playing their part, each utilizing what little training they had to maximum efficiency. One, who studied plants much like Trip, ushered life into vines, making them grow with rapid intensity around the hunter's feet. Another could be felt in the undertones, coaxing the hunter's mind to reveal its secrets while Xae and the other two took a defensive position, all equally spread out from the hunter. He would be going primarily after Xae, this much was certain, so if they could keep his attention on her, it would be easy to subdue him. Trip looked up, extending his hands to the sky. Redirecting the blasters' fall so they would land properly in his hands, he grabbed the guns out of the air and leveled hem at the large pack on the hunters back. Aiming at the pair of fuel canisters linking to both his arms, Trip deftly fired, willing the force to steady his aim. After the initial blasts, Trip began to pepper the blaster pack on the hunter's back, taking large steps back to avoid the rapidly increasing chance of an explosion.

((2. And its not really stacking the deck when you assault a Jedi in a Jedi temple. Others are bound to notice and, given the nature of Jedi, very likely to help. Its just common sense.))

The rocket came with barely a sound, but Serena had heard its trajectory path. She may not be able to see very well, but it was her ears and her nose she used the most. Just as she had begun to perform an evasion towards the coming rocket though, he had ushered in a flash bang explosive into the quarrel...

Granted she was kind of dazed, but she could still faintly make out the dart shots as they bolted in her general direction. So she barrel rolled out of the way behind another rock under the cover of the flash bang, quickly followed by the rocket, hopefully giving the illusion she was dead. Thinking quickly she began to mull over the facts she had learned about ysalamari before deciding to retrieve them and quickly realized how he was able to detect her. It was the fields around the ysalamari which voided the force. He was obviously using the force so to her it didn't really matter if he continued because she had dealt with that before, but she decided to have a little fun...

So, quickly taking the fairly large canisters off of her back she projected them into the air in all different directions and started darting amongst them hopefully to confuse him, but if not she didn't really care. The cat was out of the bag and she decided to let loose... So in a full rage she lept at where his body lie...

fire in her eyes, her body began to grow, her eyes and hair began to glow, the zabrak horns recessed in her head had began to poke through, and a faint glow could be seen out of her jumpsuit accompanied by a roar. She had only seen this happen a few times and couldn't control herself afterwards, but regular blaster fire wouldn't work in this situation...

She had to go directly to the source, so she decided to throw tactical know how to the wind and decided to tangle with him. As quick as he had ran before she projected herself at him with the manner of a savage beast. Intent on rending and tearing...

((this is a mod approved attribute, you can read about it in my Character sheet)) ((2 of 3))

Anikaddicopy.jpg

It seems lethal violence will be necessary. Jedi are honest, brave, maybe wise at times, but never truly smart.

Piccolo was at once aware, even as he thought this, that another presence was trying to pierce his mind. There had been an audience for his thoughts, and it caused true fear to grip Piccolo. His privacy was what he treasured above all else, and nothing was more private than one's own mind. It was the Jedi's disrespect for this privacy that he hated most about them.

But I am familiar with this trick as well. None of you are showing me anything I haven't seen before.

Only once had a Jedi ever attempted this on Piccolo, Master Adi-wan Tinova, but that had been enough to brand its memory in his mind. The Jedi Master had spoken directly into Piccolo's brain, or soul, or whereever the Jedi sent their thoughts when they invaded minds. It had been a forceful invasion, that had made Piccolo feel weak. But it had not been hostile. Adi-wan was trying to recruit him at the time, and enjoyed lording his power over even his allies. This invasion, while gentler, was hostile. It was an attempt to extract information from him. Even now, he could feel them pulling at words, like an invisible hand reaching into his pool of memories,

Black Sun . . . . Smash Daisaku . . . Xae-Lin . . . Cortosis.

The first three were what he had already stated, who and what he represented and his target. It would confirm his truthfulness in that much at least. But the last, the protection he wore against lightsabers, was information he did not share freely. In fact, his whole suit had been designed to fight Jedi and Sith. That could be of service to them, if they were intelligent enough.

Piccolo knew if he did not react, their invasion could elicit more information. He started breathing deeply. It wasn't entirely true that Adi-wan had been the only one to enter his mind. So too had Ara-lai Kaipi. He had invited her in, when she healed his soul after the Dark Jedi took revenge against him. Piccolo remembered the words she had used to soothe him and allow her to enter his mind. He recalled those words, and now did exactly the opposite. Instead of focusing on peace and reason, he focused only on the Doshan blood that coursed rage through him, and on the cybernetics that balanced that rage. Those were parts that would be unreadable to any Force manipulator, the metal and fire that tinged his soul. The human part of himself was pushed deep down and contained. Piccolo had trained very hard to maintain self control, and he could only hope this training had forestalled their advance. Piccolo did not possess the gift of the Force, and if they were as powerful as Adi-wan, they could break his feeble barriers. Either way, he had to keep his thoughts on the battle. Perhaps that too would limit the information they could steal from him. But before he put up his walls, he left them with a powerful and burning thought, the thought that burned hottest within him as he battled.

Kill. That is the thought I hear the loudest. And that is what they will hear the loudest.

But as Piccolo had concentrated on rejecting this mental attack, he had allowed himself to be vulnerable to the physical. The vines would have been a small impediment on their own, but he had not noticed them. The tightened around his armored ankles. So when he moved to avoid the debris launched at him, Piccolo had lost his balance and fell to the ground. Piccolo was defenseless. The debris smashed into his suit, bruising the body within. His armor protected him from being crushed, and so did his cybernetic enhancement. But at his core, he was still flesh and blood. The debris crumbled as it struck him. He did not cry out, but he allowed himself a gasp of pain. His ribs hurt worst of all, and it was likely one of them could be cracked. He'd never had pieces of a building thrown at him.

But make no mistake, they'll have to do better than throw a few pebbles.

Piccolo rose, despite the weight he carried, with a single push from his left arm. He ignored the pain. In fact, his cybernetic enhancements actually dulled him from feeling pain, even in serious injury. He yanked each foot independently, snapping the vines. And then he raised his hands, welcoming the Jedi,

"I have defied full Jedi Masters and the awesome power they wield. Rocks and plants are the stuff of children, or if you prefer padawans. Is this the army that defends the Jedi Temple?"

Even as he said this, Piccolo's helmet identified a genuine threat. Piccolo smiled, in spite of the danger he knew was coming. It seemed they had fight in them after all. Piccolo released his pack from his back, and launched himself forward. The explosion ripped through the air, very likely endangering Xae-Lin and the students flanking her. Piccolo could only consider the oddness of a Jedi that would endanger his allies and use blasters instead of the civilized lightsaber.

But he had no time to dwell on that. The gauntlet had been thrown. Trip had nearly killed him. The time for mercy ended with that explosion. Even as hot debris rained on Piccolo's crouched form, his cyber-brain did the proper calculations in seconds. Through the clearing smoke, a long cord shot nearly as fast as the blasts coming from Piccolo's stolen pistols. The cord wrapped itself around Trip's hands, relieving him of Piccolo's weapons. But the electricity that flowed through the wire, and into Trip's body was the worst of the attack. The blue tendrils enveloped Trip's body, powered by the Eclipse Armor Piccolo wore. Piccolo never tired of the sight.

Hopefully they will see just how serious I am now.

Piccolo whipped his hand, tossing Trip's smoking form toward one of the Temple walls. This time he made sure his toss was true. And then he was amongst Xae-Lin and the two Jedi closest to her moving with deadly speed. They were quick, especially for mere students, but their lightsabers shorted out as they attempted to strike at Piccolo. He drove his force pike into the gut of one, though he did not stop to see if the attack was fatal. Against the other, he slammed the butt end of the force pike into the young Jedi's face, feeling his nose crack. And now he faced his true enemy But instead of attacking Xae-Lin with his weapon, Piccolo pointed his arm at her. Flames burst forth from his arm toward the young Jedi Knight. They danced in Piccolo's black visor as they emerged from his battle suit.

What match is invisible magic for the cleansing power of fire, thunder, and metal? Perform your tricks Jedi. I will send the elements against you.

Blood was dripping from Piccolo's force pike and flames flew from his suit. The explosion still rung in his ear, as did the sight of Trip's electrocuted form. He realized at that moment just how much he had missed the thrill of battle.

(2 I understand Jarin. I wasn't complaining. No worries on the delay Xae-Lin)

Slicer watched her toss each canister in the air. As they went up, each one was assigned as an enemy and fed into his battle computer. He needed to stack the playing field so to speak. Perhaps it was her dodging that kept the heat of the blasts from scarring her, but she soon found a small volley of ship strength blaster bolts being rained down from the heavens as his ship he had called earlier made itself known through force.

”œFire at targets two through five, then return.”

ship

((sorry for my previous post, it was in a hurry))

savagery unmatched but wisdom absent was not a very beautiful combination...

Serena was not afraid to die because she always put forth her best efforts to survive and if they failed she deserved to die. However, something she did as a safety net - for if she was to die - which was provided for her, for her service to the people who had given her hospitality in their hotel would provide her sanctum from this plagued hunter...

As per her own regulations she would send a sample of her own DNA along with a special compound ground from the ink on her tattoo, given to her by the man that had made it, to the cloning facility located a few clicks away from the hotel before each mission. The reason for this was that, in the business of killing, no one could be trusted. The protocol that followed would give her a new look... Would manipulate her features so as to be untraceable and to essentially give her a new identity - which, after she had died, would hide her new body effectively from anyone's detection; she would still be a woman but she would look completely different. The solution would be permanent but ultimately it would still be her... The tattoo would be the same, but a different pattern and a different color. She had ordered them to give her implants so she could have true color in her eyes and she would have a different hair color as well...

They would only do this costly procedure once due to the favors she had provided in the past, but essentially after that she would be cut off from everything she had had before. After she died her accounts would be frozen and/or the hotel would have free access to the money she had, her things would be incinerated except for the few clothes left behind for her clone and no trace of the process would be left to go back on. Even the records of the cloning process would be terminated. No evidence of Serena Irana would be left behind and she would be gone forever...

All this had phased through her mind before taking each job, but she had never been as close as right now to losing her life...

Which would then make a little transmitter in her body send one single discrete signal to begin the cloning procedure. Afterwards the transmitter would disintegrate leaving nothing behind except Serena's corpse...

Through the savage flailing and the intent to kill, Serena had no real response to getting frozen except to get angrier and in so doing erase logic completely. She grew 1 again times her size in muscle mass and a few inches in height. Her eyes were now a blur of pulsing energy and her hair looked almost completely composed of streams of vibrating light. There was now a strong roar erupting across the battlefield through her flash entombment and slowly but surely the compound by which she was frozen in began to break down and dissolve...

She saw the mangy beasts on the ground and didn't care... She took the shots directed to her armor, and throat, but until she breathed her dying breath she would not stop. Her intentions were single and her mentality was fierce...

The pain and rage in her eyes would not put itself out until she had squashed every single one of the mutts and the small armored figures riding them... The red bolt had barely missed her throat but the other bolts had made their mark severely scarring her back and destroying her armor with the strength of their blasts, but Serena cared not. She had succeeded in squishing 5 of the 12 dogs, only 7 remained, including the ones with armored figures...

With every pulse of their laser, with every pierce of her armor and skin, her single mindedness grew stronger. It was an endless vendetta and one that would only be won at the cost of her own life, but her hulking brainlessness didn't care...

Slowly losing the life from her limbs she made extremely strong and quick efforts to dispatch the dogs with armored figures because the ones biting at her legs had been only a casual nuisance even though she was bleeding from the waist down. If she did reach down to grasp them though, their heads would crush beneath her hands with only the slightest exertion and they would fall limp to the ground, but it was the three smaller hunters that had drawn her attention and she swore with her last few conscious words before resorting to madness...

"If I am going down I am taking this f***er with me"

the words stung long and hard and soon became the only motivation fueling the mind of the now rambling and rampaging beast that was Serena...

(3of3)

((yay! 1 out of 3 mods approved it - one is still thinking and one hasn't responded...Hehe, lol... can I do a dying post? Is that permitted?))

Edited by Guest
Anikaddicopy.jpg

The assassin charged lightsaber in hand, the bright cyan blade burning a path straight toward his target. With a single stab, the blade found its mark and punctured through. Running her through with his saber he removed it the same way he had gone in and with a flourish flicked the blade as if he was removing blood from its edges.

Yet the blow was not a killing on as he soon came to find out. Instead of falling to the ground, she continued in a manner that still ended pleasing him. It would have been a shame for such raw brutal power to be disposed of in such a simple manner. Fitting though a shame none the less.

To her, it seemed as though the three armored men were retreating, to him he simply took a few steps back. The dogs in her mind, however, continued to relentlessly hound at her, and call for her flesh. In a way, this was all in her head, and in another manner, this was his use of the Force. Though what she thought she saw was real, what she heard, felt and smelt was real, and he had created it all and allowed her to run with it.

With but a thought he called his crimson saber to his hand. This discarded blade located only after a quick uninterrupted glance. Clipping it to his belt, a single smirk befell his eyes as he watched the ensuring chaos.

The being with a sentient thought always proved the most interesting to hunt. Their ability to utilize what ever he utilized, ration their way out of what befell them, and turn into animals when quartered gave him a number of interesting things to enjoy about his work.

It was the dual role of both being predator and being prey that makes hunting sentient

beings so fascinating. The ability to co-exist in both roles is what some refer to as the challenge, or perhaps even the glory of the hunt. If one was to look at a cat and a mouse. Should the cat fail to catch the mouse, it only loses a meal. Should the mouse be caught by the cat, it would lose its life. Therefore, hunger drives the cat, and survival drives the mouse. Yet with hunting a being of perhaps equal intelligence, the hunter can easily become the hunted. It is however, in the initial hunter's advantage should his potential prey fight for his life. Since the hunted being, still only has survival for a motivation, the initial hunter can draw on both hunger as well as survival, making him far more”¦ motivated than the prey. It is only in the motivation does the initial hunter hold the advantage when the tables are turn, as the hunger burns so does the desire for survival, while the prey simply seeks to survive in any way it can.

This is why humans created weapons to kill other humans, no matter how powerful the other human may seem. At first it was a mace, meant to crack open the skull, upon which came the helmet. Much like the evolutional arms race found in the animal kingdoms, where animals race each other in adaptations, in order to better survive the predator or catch the prey, the evolution of human weapons also falls along the same lines. Each weapon soon gained a counter, but that is what makes humans hunting other humans unique from predator and prey animal relationships. A prey animal might gain the ability of camouflage which might make the predator animal sharp eye sight, or faster speed in order to spot and or catch the prey once spotted. Humans have the unique ability to draw from both the predator side and the prey side. A solider might wear body armor to protect from a killing shot, while holding a gun in his hand. It is in this that add the second unique challenge to hunting another human. Anything the predator uses, the prey can as well. In that it should be that, only the better armed of the two will be successful in either taking the prey.

Yet there was a final challenge that in the end proved to make hunting other beings the most dangerous of all. A tank the symbol of an unstoppable might can be taken down by something as small as a grenade. Not because the grenade is more powerful than the tank, but because of where the grenade is placed. Alternatively, the tank can be taken out by a relatively small device in relation to the tank such as an anti-tank mine. In that lie the third and perhaps most problematic part of hunting another intelligent creature. Each being possess unique skills and their own kind of cunning. When combined they are the final piece to make the hunt quite the test of the hunter's endurance. After all, it takes a certain amount of skill as well as cunning to use a grenade to stop a war machine such as a tank. Stopping the machine by hampering or out right destroying it and or the driver, takes knowledge of how the tank works. Where to get the grenade to do the damage you wish, such as a view port to kill the driver, or in the bell of an AT-AT to make it fall. By the same token It takes a bit of skill and out right power to destroy a tank out right using a missile. Yet the combination of the three of skill, cunning, and power is what makes the hunt so thrilling. The use of an anti-tank mine, demonstrates that you can out think your opponent with your cunning and skill, while at the same time destroy your opponent through the use of power. The mine itself is not more powerful than the tank. It is how the tank comes across the mine that makes it so effective. One doesn't not need an abundance of power to defeat a powerful foe. From the grenade to the mind, that much is clear.

Darth Asperser watched with a measure of satisfaction as his target continued to thrash around, in an attempt to kill the phantoms. Her brute strength and utter rage allowing her to continue even with a hole in her gut. Perhaps if the situation were different he would have admired the quality. However, as the moments began to pass, he only found himself becoming more and more annoyed.

Not even a bloody bantha.

He would end it, the way it was meant to be ended. It would not be done with some elegant finish, or with a show of power. He would simply put the beast down in the way all beasts were meant to be put down.

Slicer's arm extended and he aimed at the rampaging monster that Serena had become. A single command and soon not one but, three more darts shot forth. If she would not die, he would simply shoot her down. Put her to sleep quite literally and in that bring her in alive. The bounty had called for which ever one would be easier. Some how watching a person continuing to fight on even after a lightsaber wound to the stomach made it seem like a knock out would be easier than an assassination. Summoning the Force he exerted it in an attempt to pull her towards the darts and ensure a solid hit.

((3, this was fun, I'll pm a mod. Also, about the identity thing. That is really between you and the mods either way. I have nothing to do with it or influence it.))

ship

• 2 weeks later...

Kitt slowly departed from the shuttle and onto the floor on the hanger bay of the Jedi temple. He allowed himself a moment to observe all of Gala that surrounded the isolated temple. Through the Force, he was able to feel the energy that surrounded the entire temple. A slight smile came to Kitt's face as he acknowledged that there was still beauty even in the midst of destruction. Once he had finished taking in the site, he slowly made his way into the actual temple itself.

Kitt however couldn't move in fully. He had noticed a ship that clearly belonged to someone outside of the Jedi order and the Alliance. Kitt took a look around and saw that no one was even around, which made him a bit more curious then he already was.

Since this is the Jedi temple, and I am a Jedi knight, I guess I have the right to find out who it belongs to.

Kitt walked up to the vessel and placed his hand on it, allowing the force to flow through him and the ship. Closing his eyes, Kitt began to use his ability in the Force known as Psychometry...

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Serena's transformation ended swiftly as the darts knocked her out and without the sustained rage of her transformation Serena died within the first minute of consciousness...

Her eyes opened only to have the conscious will behind them ripped from it's fragile resting place...

All that was left was Serena's corpse... Her jumpsuit was nigh recoverable due to its beaten condition; and her guns... Who knew where they were...

A small green light could be seen heading up into the air and dissipating, but before it could completely fade away a shape could be made out. A green dragon was roaring and was quickly extinguished...

Anikaddicopy.jpg

He raised an eyebrow at the culmination of the battle ending so suddenly. He paused for a mere moment, finding no need to actually turn his head and look around to view his surroundings. For some odd reason or another there, weren't any Jedi coming to bother him.

Better take my leave now, would hate to ruin a good thing while it lasted.

Yet like any man in his profession, he felt that leaving now would deny him opportunities he might wish to view later. He moved over the corpse, and confirmed her state before proceeding to load her up on the ship.

The damage that she had caused far outweighed any damage he could have possibly brought down upon the ruin temple. Should the Jedi question him on it, he had video to prove it. Not that he would ever feel the need to explain himself to a Jedi.

He clipped his sabers onto his belt and took a moment to reload his dart shooters. For all intents and purposes that had been a good work out. Granted he had been forced to once again combat something that had no specs but, at least this time there was a reward for it.

He walked to his ship and retrieved a small easily disposable datapad. Reaching into his belt, he attached a small system opener to the device taking up a connector slot on the pad, before putting it in his belt. Returning back to the Jedi ground, he combed over the area of the duel, making sure no personal effects belong to him or the target were being left behind.

If he had the time on his hands, he felt no need to leave an easily identifiable mess. Then he briefly turned his attention on those persons through out the temple, working on repairing the temple back to its former state. The Corellian Engineering Corporation PDSD-Transport were among his primary interest areas as well as the medics that were running about and the old men, women and children, who eagerly awaited news of the fate of a love one.

Though at a Jedi temple, he kept up some appearance of being a mystic and for all intents and purposes, most who had spoke to him would forget what the conversation was about. Still he gained small inconsequential details, while reaffirming information he had gathered earlier. He even decided to indulge in what some Sith would call fun. For him it was a matter of stretching his powers of persuasion sometimes with the force, upon the good Samaritans.

He even caused one technician to believe that the datapad he handed him was of vital importance. That he needed to get to the Jedi mainframe, and attach the datapad to the mainframe in order to unblock a port on the datapad. Once that port was freed, he was suppose to take the datapad and attach it to a computer in the medical facility at the Jedi temple and download all of the information to the datapad. Once finished with that, attempt to transmit the data on a certain holonet frequency.

He doubted the man would get very far in the game. Doubted he would get to the holonet frequency part. Yet found it funny none the less, he had convinced the man that the task was so vitally important that it took precedence over his current duties, even if it meat he got left behind in the process.

Yet that small amount of fun aside. Slicer checked, double checked, and triple checked his area, followed by his ship and then his person. Making sure the bounty was secure in his cargo hold, and contained no further surprises, he blasted up and away from Gala, was the feeling next time they might attempt to shoot him out of spite if he returned.

ship

((Okay, since Slicer ignored my post, I'll carry on.))

Kitt walked around the temple unsure of what was actually going on. He could feel the remain of dark side energy, but he still felt a small trace of a struggle within the Force. Kitt hesitated to find out what was actually going on, because he knew all to well that the Force had a reason for everything, and the struggle could be a padawan going through trials.

Kitt turned and headed for the communications room, where he would try to contact others within the order and hopefully make progress with the repairs. He arrived to find technician and others doing something else rather then what they should be doing. One technician was searching for access to the mainframe, which only Jedi had.

"Back to work, stop goofing off with the Holonet.

They all got up and moved back into their stations as Kitt walked into the center of the room. Kitt kept one eye on the one technician that was trying to find access to the main frame, unsure of what he should do, or why he was even trying too get the access. Kitt closed his eyes and fell into the Force, feeling out the small ripples and the echoes of the Force around him.

Kitt could feel that his mind was recently influenced by the Force, and KItt walked up behind him, looking at what he was doing. After he could tell that the mans only concern was getting to job done after he had entered the room, Kitt turned his attention to his datapad and picked it up. The technician looked at him, but made no gesture to stop him. Kitt feel into the Force once more, using his ability known as Psychometry to feel out who had touched the datapad before him.

((My post against Slicer. I don't know what the importance of it is, but in case it is something, here is my attempt against it.))

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the haitus in posting by Xae and Furion for reasons beyond their control, I've been asked by Piccolo to make a ruling on the duel in progress for the duel as it stands as it's now in its second week.

Sounds tactics all around, with great creativity on the part of the posters. Jarin's use of unconventional means, such as his attacks with the broom and his attack on Pic's blaster pack were inspired, as was Xae's defensive posting and overall writing style. Pic's responses and actions were a touch longer than the norm but given the nature of the 2 vs. 1 duel, still avoiding putting too much action into one post and showed a sound means of not only dealing with current threats, but advancing his assault.

On the whole, I'll have to give this to Piccolo. Xae, I'm sad to say you're fired. Good posts everyone, and keep it up on your respective returns.

EDIT: Since Furion and Xae both returned to post today I'm giving the duel until tomorrow night to wrap itself up.

Edited by Guest

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

((OOC: Thanks for the duel, sorry my RL just knocked me upside my cranium. EDIT: KvC gave me one last chance to post...here it is...))

Master Ardel, the armor”¦it's made of cortosis, the young Echani sent the Jedi Knight.

Xae nodded and as she prepared to defend herself and the students against the hunter her mind searched for the pertinent information. She vaguely remembered and encounter that she and Kyp had had with some Jensaarai along one of the planets that they visited on the Outer Rim. Something in their armor had kept shorting Kyp's lightsaber when he and a one of their group had become involved in a duel. That had caused him to revamp his lightsaber ”“ the very one that he'd given her for her training, the very one that she was holding now ”“ with a grip plate that kept the blade ignited as long as it was held down, and would continue to reignite if the blade shorted out.

As she recalled these facts, Piccolo's jet pack had reached critical mass and she reacted a split second before the pack was flung in the direction of her and the other students. The knight called forth a shield of the force that contained most of the blast from her and the other students and reflected it right back on their assailant. The force of the blast hitting the barrier caused her to slide back about a half a foot and the shield dissipated as soon as the explosion had exhausted its oxygen supply, leaving her a bit exhausted mentally.

Luckily the bacta that the med droid had injected her with to assist the repairing of the concussion that she'd suffered earlier that day was still flowing in her system that helped to perk her back up a bit, even though her head still felt just a bit fuzzy.

She recovered just long enough to see Trip thrown to the wall and the green bounty hunter round on her and the other students.

The young Echani sentinel student stepped back in revulsion of the murderous thoughts that came from the bounty hunter. Still even though he was not fully trained in the art of penetrating the mind's barriers he had been encouraged that he had still managed to get a small bit of useful information ”“ the man's armor was made of cortosis. That most definitely explained why the other two trainees weapons shorted out as the hulking figure flashed towards them, spearing one like a Dathomiri boar.

Xae-Lin swore that she could almost feel the pain of the skewered Ace student, even as the Naturalist tried to tend to his wounds to stop the bleeding. Luckily, the wound was not fatal but it would put him out of the fight. She did feel a slight flash of anger towards her attacker, but she also quickly pushed it aside. The student would be alright and the Force would take care of him one way or the other.

Still, there was a slight edge to her voice as she gave her next commands to the remaining students.

Flank him and hold him down, he is to be arrested, Xae sent the others that were still left standing. He'd already incapacitated one of the students she really didn't want to see any more of them hurt.

Concentrate and use the Force to hold him down

As the students began following the Jedi Knight's orders, Xae directed her energy and focus on drawing the Force to weigh the man down as well, but she also further linked herself with the students ready to draw on their pain from any attack that might follow so that she could direct it back to the source.

It would only be a simple choice for the Black Sun Hunter at that point. Any pain that he inflicted would be directed back and it would ultimately be his choice to stop hurting the Jedi, or enjoy the pain.

((2))

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg