The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

*A loud comm went over the intercomm.*

"Jedi...get ready to pack up and leave. We will not stay on this planet anymore. Once we arrive at the new location...I want all Jedi master and council memebers to report in a.s.a.p. From there...plans will be discussed."

*Kirlocca turned his attetion back towards the other comm unit to finish his message.*

*Kirlocca moved fast in hope that there was still time to pick up and move everything that they needed. During this time he sent a transmission to all jedi sending them the location of where they were to make for.*

"Gala...seems nice enough...but will the jedi agree with my decisions from there?"

*He shood his head.*

I should not be thinking about that right now, nor should I even be talking to myself.

*He packed everything that he needed, and then moved to a comm unit.*

"Jedi, You are to take only that will be needed. Leave everything else. Four transports are ready for us. two of them are cargo only. If there is no room for you in the transport, take a jedi starfighter. If you feel the need to take your own ship...make sure that it WILL be useful to the jedi in the futrue. That is all. See you on Gala."

*Kirlocca then picked up his bag and walked into the jedi hanger bay and waited to give the jedi directions if they needed it.*

*Kirlocca stood once he loaded his stuff on the transport. He wanted to see the faces of the jedi, since he was the one who had made the desicion, with-out getting council approval first. He knew that some would hate it, while others would enjoy it.*

Yet the big desicion is going to mkae them all mad at me.

*He let out a sigh, one that he wished he would not have let out so loudly, since some jedi to turn and look at him in respones to it.*

"On the move again. That is a jedi life for ya. Always moving, atleast, that was how it was in the old days..."

*He exhaled for a reason that he did not know.*

I will five the rest of them 2 more hours before we mkae our big move...again.

• 11 months later...

*Kirlocca's ship landed on the outskirts of the jedi temple. The jedi was out of his ship within five minutes and began to walk around with no destination. His thoughts kept drifting from one thing to another.*

Great this is just what I need. I can't think clearly, and i'm bored out of my mind.

*The jedi master began to pace in front of the ruin jedi temple entrance way, letting his thoughts drift from things that should not really be in a jedi mind. After about two hours of pacing, the jedi master decided to sit down and meditate to focus his mind.*

Be passive. Let the force flow through you. Only when you are calm, and at peace is when when the force will show you what you need.

*After around three hours of meditation, Kirlocca stood up and walked back to his ship and took off for his new destitation.*

• 2 years later...

The force was everywhere. Kirlocca was apart of it, joined it only recently. However, Kirlocca was one with it...he only remained with it. Kirlocca's spirit lay motionless in the quite movements of the Force. He was not alone, his grandfathers spirit sat next to him...clearly wanting to address him. Kirlocca didn't bother to give him permission, Harrukky always spoke when he wanted to. No one ever stopped him before.

"Why do you lay here?"

"The force will not accept me."

"And for good reasons too. Your time is not over."

"I've died, there is no more I can do if I can't join the force."

"No. You died making a wrong decision, and you know of what I speak."

"Are you telling me that I should have stayed with the kid that's not even mine...abandon my call of the force and the pledge I made to the Jedi?"

"Yes...for you have felt inside Holden what I already know. You know that with you at his side, he will become great."

"He is not force sensitive."

"One does not need to force to be great Kirlocca. You know this."

"What good does it do for me? To come so far...to lose it all..."

"When you lose it all, you sometimes gain the world."

Silence. Both remained still and motionless for some time. Kirlocca thought for a second that he had died again, but he knew better then to think that one could die twice...

"So, I will find the world in him?"

"No...he will become your world. And you are to make him a priority over your Jedi commitments."

"That will go over well with the Jedi."

"All of those on the council have broken their commitments at one point. None of them will have a problem with you doing this, and if they do, then they are not Jedi."

Kirlocca made the pause this time, letting what his grand fathers spirit told him. After a few moments passed, he asked the question.

"When will you send me back?"

There was no reply of words, but instead, Kirlocca was met with a lid thud. Something inside his chest banged, threatening death upon him. It hurt beyond belief, but the Wookiee soon learned that it was only his heart, starting to beat again. It grew faster and stronger until it reach it's normal pace. White lights shone all around him for a few seconds before fading out into a normal pale glow of lights of the medical room inside the Jedi base.

Kirlocca slowly moved around, trying to get a feel for walking and feeling things again. Kirlocca looked outside a view port, upon seeing that he was under water, Kirlocca's memory flooded back to him.

Shyriiwook: "I hate water."

Kirlocca ignored the fact that he was surrounded by water and made his way out of the medical bay. It didn't take him long to find a group of Jedi, all of whom he had meet before, were discussing something. As the Wookiee approached, he heard of the chaos gods, and swords, none of which really interested the Jedi master, so he quickly turned away from them to find either a comm station or a terminal for him to find out if Holden had made it off Gala, or if he would have to go back to pick him up.

Kirlocca quickly signed onto a terminal and checked the Gala logs, finding that all life had been evacuated from the dojo, and the Alliance base was still in the process of being evacuated. Kirlocca was a bit upset that Holden was not here already, but decided not to give into those feelings and instead, he reached out with the force to try to find out what Jedi had or was having interactions with him...

...Kitt Fitt...

Kirlocca allowed a smile to come to his face upon feeling that his long time friend had taken care of his child for him. Although, when Kirlocca touched Kitt, he did not seem to pleased with the Wookiee. Kirlocca wondered why, but didn't give it too much thought when he saw Aryian out of the conner of his eye. Kirlocca ran up to him and embraced him with a hug.

Yes, the Jedi had grown weaker then normal. Kirlocca could remember back to a time when three Sith would not have lasted as long as they did...but then again, maybe it wasn't the Jedi getting weaker, but the masters getting older. Kirlocca sure noticed how he had a shorter breath while on the battlefield...but the Wookiee blamed it all on the fact that he had so much movement before he stepped out onto the battlefield with the Sith.

Kirlocca let out a howl of excitement for his friend at the notice of him and Armiena getting married, although, he still didn't understand why to two waited so long to get married, he was excited for them anyways. And as Aryian said, celebration was in order, whether before or after the marriage.

Some pity grew inside Kirlocca upon seeing that he had placed his friend in pain, and the Wookiee let him know by a sad mournful growl.

(Kinda playing with a new way to write, keeping myself more wookiee.)

Edited by Guest

Kirlocca swung Holden around in his arms, while at the same time, trying to to let him hit anybody around him. When he finished his swing, Holden started to explain the details of his journey to Manaan with Kitt through his eyes. Kirlocca allowed himself a moment to glance at Kitt, using the force to pass both his thanks and his gratitude for him getting Holden to safety. When his gaze returned to Holden, he was still going through the trip.

", and WOOSH! We were in hyperspace. It was amazing."

As Holden finished, he simply smiled and laid his head on the Wookiee's shoulder. Kirlocca allowed a prideful smile to show upon his face for Holden. The kid seemed not to care of who was around, or how loud he was.

• 2 weeks later...

Everything happen so quickly that Kirlocca was as confused as Holden was. The wookiee didn't hesitate to rush him and the boy off to the hanger bay to get a ship that would be flyable. As he raced around the ship, he noticed that Kitt took Holden inside the ship and prepared him for the flight for Kirlocca. Within seconds, all three were off the planet and making the jump into hyperspace.

((I had permission to post Kitt's actions.))

• 4 years later...

Kirlocca's body appeared before the Council and others just as the meeting began, however, his sound didn't pick up anything until Damon was finishing his last statement. Dahar made his own appeal, to which Kirlocca felt a need to interject on him.

<< You are not responsible for the actions on Gala Dahar. I think it might be the best time to clear the air on a few things. Back when Kitt Fitt was the grandmaster, me and him devised a plan to use him as bait to draw the Sith into a battle there. Once the battle began, i would lead a counter strike to Coruscant to wipe out their temple there. Plans got altered just a bit, and the Force carried out the plan regardless. >>

With either a pause or a flicker, Kirlocca shifted awkwardly, as his image had him seated, yet he was actually standing as he moved.

<< And I know Darkfire very well. Leave his redemption to me. He is of no threat to the current Jedi Order at the moment. For now, we must instead find a course of action that will push the Sith further back. >> Kirlocca's head turned towards Damon, a subtle glance may have stopped by Onderin for a second, but nothing more than a glance. << I am currently on Coruscant, within the CorSec HQ. They have arrested Geki and Ar-Pharazon, and have custody of a Black Sun Vigo named Delta. I believe that Black Sun might be of great concern if we continue to let them roam without check. With Ar-Pharazon fully sealed away, I may push Geki to see what he knows of the Sith's current whereabouts. But someone should deal with Black Sun. >>

Kirlocca was silent as the three men spoke their peace about Black Sun. Yet he knew and understood that all of them missed his subtle hint. So for the sake of his own case, he waited until they had finished to speak up.

<< Actually, I meant taking on Black Sun as an ally. I know that very statement brings up some emotions, and maybe even stronger feelings on the subject. But when you look at it, they know the Sith well, maybe even where they're hiding now. Their history has proven that they can be bought to work with anyone for a time. CorSec is fine for handling crimes and local problems. The Sith can and will go outside their bounds. Black Sun can help point us in the right direction. >>

Kirlocca did turn his head after he finished talking and looked at Onderin. He used the word Mandalorians in a tone that maybe suggested he held some distain for them. It was understandable, as most Jedi held that position. But Kirlocca and Onderin had worked with Fett and Mirdala, two of which are with CorSec now, during their time fighting against the Empire. But maybe there was something else that popped up. He would have to sit down with the man when he got the chance. But turning his attention back to the crowd at large.

<< But maybe that discussion can be dealt with later. For now, we may need to stick to cleaning up common problems, such as slave trades. Speaking of which, I never did get a report from Adenna on her mission. Did anyone else? >>

Kirlocca held his position still for a moment, with only a brief second of his image turning around to acknowledge Adenna standing behind him. Although, none of those on the EV could see her. With a flicker from his image, Kirlocca spoke up to address the concerns of Dashel.

<< Darkfire may be seeking out this new Dark Lord, yet he has no ties to him yet. He can be cornered. But there will lay the problem. This Dark Side entity that he took on thrives upon having massive chaos around him. If others would to go with me, they would need to work with me in a team. A single cohesive unit to make any sort of progress upon him. >>

While he was certain that Dashel meant no disrespect to Kirlocca, but he was almost positive that he would be able to subdue Darkfire by himself. But if the will of the Council was that he not go alone, Kirlocca being a Grandmaster wouldn't refuse them either.

Kirlocca's image flickered for a moment before he turned towards Dashel.

<< Easy there Master Dashel. I know for a fact that Master Damon and Master Dahar are more than able to handle him. And if it does worry you that much to have that man on the station, I will wrap up this meeting and bring Adenna with me up there to provide support. >>

Kirlocca then turned towards Damon, whom even as far away from each other that they were, Kirlocca could sense that the man held a weight about him in the Force. Maybe his role in the galaxy was about to be expanded.

<< Either way, I'm sure my part in this meeting is done for the moment. Since I need to debrief Adenna, I'll end here and make my way up there to hand out a few missions, as well as to collect a few others to help me with Darkfire. >>

Kirlocca took a moment to think about what exactly was purposed. He felt a little withdrawn from the situation, being that he wasn't actually on the station. But he took a moment to look around to see what exactly their opinions were through the Force, or at least what he could feel off of them through his long distance. He more or less ignored Faust, more directly the words he spoke to him. Kirlocca had spent too much time around Sith who attempted to get into mental battles and wars. Faust was no different. But beyond the his disconnect from the situation, Kirlocca allowed his eyes to rest on Damon rather than Faust or Darex.

<< I trust you Damon. You may go through with it with my blessing. >>

Kirlocca than turned his head towards Darex to see what he would say on the situation.

Kirlocca remained silent and just simply watched the proceedings for a moment with a face that one might see within a game of gambling, such as Chance. He wasn't sure what the feeling was on the station fully, as he wasn't present on it. But one thing he did know, Faust left, as did a few other Masters. Keeping his face the same, he turned towards Darex, his fellow Grandmaster to hear him out on the matters at hand. Once Darex had finished, he spoke with a bit of restraint still in his voice.

<< Black Sun can be delayed. I still have needs to finish up in figuring out where they stand themselves. I will talk with the Vigo arrested here and then decide if a course of action is needed at all. But on top of that, we all should seek out an apprentice to have. It is important to bring up the next generation of Jedi. >>

Kirlocca then made a pause that was evident for all looking at him that he was going to continue speaking.

<< There has also been a request from the Senate to have a few Jedi sent there to help protect them against Bounty Hunters, as bounties were placed on quiet a few senators. I am sure that CorSec is already beginning an investigation, but to keep a good relationship with the Galactic Alliance, I would like one of our Jedi Knights sent to...keep them calm. >>

Kirlocca needed to address Adenna, but with the sudden mention of Armiena held him for a bit. She was not long ago with CorSec, whom Kirlocca had secretly placed allowed for Kitt Fitt's identity to be hidden within CorSec. Her presence drove his mind to wonder why she would make a return, even to speak on an issue, as she left the Order, handing down the reigns to Kitt. If he recalled correctly, she felt a need to remain out of Jedi business. So Kirlocca hinted with his motion within the hologram that he did wish to stay and hear her out. Plus, she might be an asset later on in the redemption of Aryian Darkfire.

From what Kirlocca saw on Coruscant, it looked as if maybe Armiena was a bit nervous to have this meeting. Although, he was certain that such a thought could become misread, as his hologram image wasn't displaying what he was really feeling, as that was obvious throughout the meeting. But Kirlocca could relate to her wanting to know the state of the galaxy.

<< Traumatic as always. Filled with both good and bad. CorSec has proven that they are able to handle the more local problems of the galaxy, leaving the Sith namely to the Jedi. The Order itself may have suffered a slight setback, depending upon your point of view. But then again... that's always been an issue with the Jedi. Too many different points of view. >>

Kirlocca left out Aryian. He didn't think it would be wise to bring up something so close to home on a woman who DID look a bit razzed, whether she would admit it or not. And hearing news that the essence of a husband being trapped within a clone and used for the Dark Side... It hurt and strung Kirlocca as a close friend of Darkfire.

Kirlocca's image flickered for a second as his face was almost disapproving. While he understood that Armiena was a strong Force user, and an even stronger Jedi, he personally felt that she might be too close to the situation to be of any help. But Onderin spoke up anyways, providing her with information that Kirlocca thought best should have stayed within the Council only. But now wasn't a time to debate such a thing. Armiena knew, and would of course want to help, to which she quickly spoke up voicing Kirlocca's concerns. But even worse, Julio Furion was mentioned as a contact. Kirlocca had faced him on Ilum during the Archa'tar invasion, and was critically wounded through a heavy deception deployed by the Sith.

<< Aryian is alive. Separated by body and spirit. The body is the one plagued to due the Dark Side's bidding. His spirit has shown himself a few times to a couple of Jedi within the Order that he thought might be able to restore him. >>

Kirlocca left out the topic of Furion. He felt his own opinion upon using that man, but he was curious as to what the rest of the Council thought. He also wasn't going to tell Armiena that he didn't want her to go along in his journey to bring back Aryian. It wasn't that he didn't trust her, just that he felt she was compromised by the situation. Luckily, those feelings could remain hidden through the fact that he was far enough away from the station to be felt strongly within the Force.

Kirlocca's image flickered a bit more as the Wookiee moved from left to right in clear motion that indicated he may have been upset or disappointed in the situation. It wasn't really Armiena's fault either. Kirlocca had suspected she might have held another purpose in being here. Her body language spoke that very loudly. It was the rest of the Council who decided that they owed her something that made the situation worse than what it should be for him. It wasn't that Armiena was a bad person, as even Kirlocca was inspired by her performance as the Grandmaster of the Order. But when she left, she did so on her own terms, which meant the Council and the Order owed her nothing. But there was nothing he could do about the situation now. So with that as his cue, he made a slight nod of his head.

<< Forgive me, but I do have other things that require my attention here on Coruscant. May the Force be with you. >>

Kirlocca's image then reached forward and then he disappeared from the room. If the rest of the Council still needed him later on, they could always reach him.

• 11 months later...