Mon Calamari/Dac

Nikolai Kolchak

Above the oceanic planet of Mon Calamari, an inconspicuous shuttle appeared, freshly arrived from a long hyperspace journey. The ship slowly approached the Alliance shipyard, where a battered Alliance fleet was docked.

The shuttle calmly landed in a remote area of the hanger. After a few seconds delay, the shuttle's pilot disembarked from the ship and slowly strode towards a certain lounge occupied by important individuals. As the man moved through the shipyard's hallways, he kept his crimson robe held tight to his body and his hood held high. When he peered into the lounge and saw the man he was looking for, he could distictly see that he was occupied in quite a sensitive conversation, so the man stood in a dark corner, awaiting the audience of the unsuspecting Onderin Starlisk.

siggggy5ko.jpg

The objective was up ahead, Lora one of the two chosen to go undercover to infiltrate the 'enemy' camp, to meet with a contact, get a message and get back out again. She was dressed in neutral attire, and only had a dagger concealed within her knee high boots, her partner had a blaster. She gave the signal for the other team member to begin while she kept an eye out.

Lora watched as her partner crept from shadow to shadow as the light faded. The enemy were patrolling among the civillians that were about. One neared the position in which her partner now hid, moving past after a short while. She breathed a sigh of relief. At last her partner rounded the corner and disappeared from view. It was Lora's turn. If all went well, they would meet again once both had completed their tasks. If it didn't work out one or both would end up in custody. That in itself was a test of endurance as they used interrogation techniques that the enemy would possibly use - only not an actual enemies scale.

She was startled as a small feline rubbed against her leg. Lora's breath sucked in as she felt something touch her and then let it out slowly as she discovered what it was. An idea came to her then and she picked up the feline, letting it purr as she paid it attention. She watched as the patrol went past a couple of civillians as they walked in her direction. They went on past her hiding place and she ducked out, walking boldly into the village without trying to hide. The feline was in her arms and she walked along like she didn't have a care in the world.

An old lady stumbled and Lora was quick to her side.

"Are you alright? Let me help you"

She placed her arm under the frail old ladies and guided her to where she could sit down, she had twisted her ankle in a nasty manner.

"Thankyou dear girl. Oww." The woman moaned in pain.

"I'll get you some help..." Lora left the sentence open for the lady to supply her name. "Mrs Landown"

A patrolling guard wandered past at just that moment. The feline remained with the old lady and Lora chose then to take another course of action. If she were hiding her presence it wouldn't be expected for her to approach the enemy for 'help'.

"Excuse me sir. Mrs Landown over there has twisted her ankle rather badly. Can you help me get her to the medical center?"

The guard looked at her suspiciously until the old lady moaned again in pain, Lora racing back to her side. He immediately moved over, radioing in to say he was going to help the popular old lady. The enemy camp had been in this village for a while now, the exercise being a long term one where they had several teams try to infiltrate them all year round, the 'enemy' team was rotated regularly so there were always different faces around. While they didn't know everyone in the village, they did know the old lady.

Lora picked up the feline again as the guard holstered his blaster and picked the lady up. The Firrerreon girl followed close behind, also carrying the old ladies grocery bag. She stood beside Mrs Landown once inside the building, shyly glancing up at the guard that had assisted. He had to get back to his post but asked her if she would be around for long. When she said she was in no hurry, he said he would be going off duty soon and would she like to go for a drink?

"I'd love to."

She shyly murmured. The old lady smiled at the two, thinking that she was match-making. Lora had to go to the Cantina to meet the contact anyway so this made it a perfect cover. She agreed to meet the guard just down from the cantina so they would enter together. Lora nodded to him, continuing to pet the feline as she waited for Mrs Landown to be treated. They organised for the old lady to get a lift back home and more or less dismissed Lora once the transport had been sent for.

The old lady was gracious and thanked her profusely, also commenting that she hoped Lora had 'a good time' when she met the soldier for a drink. Lora smiled as she left her, heading back outside, heading to the meeting place. The guard soon arrived, offering her his arm and the two walked down the street and into the Cantina.

Lora saw her fellow team mate already there. He was pretty hard to miss and had made the mistake of getting alcoholic drinks while he waited for the contact to show up. Lora ignored him, only paying attention when he'd made a fool of himself by laughing alongside everyone else. She paid her 'date' the majority of her attention.

The contact came in, a female operative. Lora caught her eye and stood up, excusing herself from her 'date' to head to the ladies room. Not long after she got there, the contact came in. They exchanged the message, Lora sticking the message datachip into a special hidden section inside her boot. As she left the ladies room she noticed that her 'team mate' had drawn the wrong attention. She ignored him lest she get caught with the vital information and returned to her 'dates' side, asking what was going on. He didn't ellaborate much, only to say that they had caught a spy. Lora looked surprised, keeping an innocent air about her as the two enjoyed another drink - she sticking to a non alcoholic type. Waiting just the right amount of time to not raise suspicion for leaving too suddenly, she eventually suggested that it was time for her to go home. He offered to walk her home and she smiled shyly, blushing as she looked back up into his eyes.

"Let me get to know you better first, Reece. It was very kind of you to offer. Thankyou for the drinks. I had a good night."

She let him kiss her cheek once they got out the front of the Cantina - in full view of the patrol that just happened to wander by. There was some good natured ribbing as she disappeared from view. Lora safely made it back out of the village and back to base.

Mission accomplished.

Lora.jpg

http://forums.jedi.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=591707#591707

J.O.A.T (Jack of all trades)... Firrerreo - Lorranne Karrade

Mixed emotions ran through Onderin as Sabian's tale unfolded. Anger was among them, though he checked it immediately. He was somewhat chagrinned that he had not heard this tale until now, quite some time after it had happened, but understood the deep emotional state that his former apprentice was in.

When Sabian finished, the Jedi Master took a deep breath and let it out, setting his jaw and leaning back slightly. Absently he put a hand on his chin, subtely stroking his gotee. "You understand that what you did was wrong, Sabian, and that is the most important acceptance," he said. "Zara Nargal is neither our ally nor our enemy, and I think that it is important that it remains that way. That will be far more difficult with Ronin Wartide gunning for you..."

Onderin hesitated. Long had he told Sabian the hard truth of Jedi ethics and teachings, gently putting down Sabian's will to please him through his use of the Force and skills. He had roughly tried to keep Sabian from connecting with him in fear of the young man one day making a biased military or moral decision based on his Master.

Now he felt the only thing he could really do was the same thing, and he didn't like it. "Sabian, the Jedi forbid attachment. It is as I have been telling ever since I met you in the streets of Coruscant. As much pain as it brings, you have to realize that you cannot allow yourself to become attached to Zara," he said. "A relationship with one that may become our enemy as a result of it will not only complicate things, but if things go a certain route you may emotionally be hurt very badly.

"I don't want you to be hurt," he continued, gently and solemnly. "But the attachment that you have developed will continue to plague you. It is the burden that every Jedi must carry--the burden of what you gave up when you decided to follow this path.

"But guard yourself from this pain," the Admiral's voice took on a tone of warning. "A Jedi has these restrictions, but a Sith gives in to their pull and uses the Force to have what he wants. The seeking of pleasure and power are the draw of the Dark Side itself, and neither of us could live if you fell to that fate."

Onderin nodded to himself and to Sabian, signifying that he had nothing more to say. Just then, he felt an interesting thing through the Force, but not from Sabian. There was a presence here that he had not felt since Naboo. Master Keiran?? he realized, though he did not say anything allowed.

Knowing Keiran, he would wait as long as he needed to. Presently Onderin would speak with Sabian until the newly-dubbed President no longer required his presence.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

"I want neither pain nor pleasure," the young man quickly retorted, "Even though from the pleasure, I received much pain, something tells me it was deeper then what it was. Something beyond just our interaction, beyond the Force."

Onderin could read him like a book, one of the few that really could. As hard as he trained to eliminate Force Persuasion from any kind through blockades, just his speech and the way his face reacted showed it all. Sabian was in deep conflict, opening himself up to surface all the dark tendencies and feelings he felt that night to lift away with his words.

Then, he spoke more clearly, more compassionately, "It's strange.. I feel as if I did the night I was betrayed by Black Sun. The night they ambushed Ronin Wartide in the meeting room. I was willing to give my life for his, and with little to no reason then just to not see an innocent man die."

"I've made up my mind. I'm going to confront her, even if it causes me pain. I must know the extent of this attachment before I can do anything else." The young man slumped hard into his chair, a hand wafting over the air.

"You are free to leave, brother. You have helped me greatly, not just this once. I must use your words and help make them my own.."

With that, they embraced with a hand shake, Sabian making the first motion to leave in peace. He then concentrated in his private office, sending a notion through his deep Force connection with Zara.

"Can we talk? I need to see you.."

Edited by Guest

Onderin stood to shake Sabian's hand. "Well done, my old apprentice," he said. "May the results of your choice put to rest the chaos that you feel." He smiled as they shook. He knew then and there that the young man from Coruscant had made the right choice. He made the choice of a man...the choice of a Jedi Knight.

As Sabian turned away, the Jedi Master turned to face a man in a crimson robe that stood in the corner of the lounge. He hadn't been sure he would even see Keiran again after Naboo, as the older Jedi had chosen to seek out exile from the Jedi Order, embracing neither the ways of the Jedi or the Sith.

Onderin had not been fond of Keiran's decision at the time, and even now he was not supportive. He had spent more time among the Jedi recently and had only been more convinced of their firmness in the Light Side. He would always be a Jedi Master, no question about it.

At any rate, the last thing he had expected was for his old Master to show up looking for him. The Admiral approached the cloaked figure and smiled as if he was on perfectly good terms with his mentor, and by all means he wanted to be. Something about him said that Keiran was too stubborn to have come to apologize and make amends by turning back to the Jedi Order, so he didn't get his hopes up.

Instead, he focused on how good it was to see Keiran, to lay eyes on his familiar face. "Hello, Master," he said with respect, extending his hand in greeting. "I must admit I did not expect you of all people to seek me out, but you are always welcome in whatever place I inhabit. It's never wise to turn away an old friend."

3C12kbA.png

Keiran grinned and embraced Onderin's hand with his own.

"It is quite a pleasure to see you again. Overlooking your previous conversation, it makes me feel old to see your apprentice is now a top leader in the galaxy."

Keiran motioned for Onderin to seat himself as Keiran grabbed a glass of ice water from a passing bouncer bot.

"I've been aloof, as of late, boredom has caught up with me and a desire to get things done has overcome me. I return to you in a state of chivalry. I've drifted the galaxy alone, commiting pointless acts of personal entertainment, for too long. I wish to rejoin you in a partnership and assist you in your dealings. When I discarded my jedi ties, so long ago, I was disgusted in the state of the order. I sincerely hope that things have changed and I could take pride in assisting a justice-oriented organization, even if my methods of conduct may be seen as inappropriate to some. I leave myself to your judgement on whether to accept me, or not."

siggggy5ko.jpg

Even though he saw the admiral come out he still was not allowed in. Damon had other things to do and had decided that he should attend to them then this at a later date.

Damon took a blank pad from the secertary and filled it.

"Sir, my name and rank is LT Damon. I have read about what you wish to do and if I may simply request, do not go on a hunt for the empire. If you wish to stop them do not use the whole rebel army. I trained with and some spies not to long ago and they know how to get around. Use them to locate and gather your infor then go from there. There are other things I could say, but you know them already I'm sure.

Regards

LT Damon.

Damon handed the pad off and returned to his ship where then he left to go to one of the jedi temples and find a padawan.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

He wants to help with the Alliance, Onderin realized, his curiosity piqued. Of course he had known that Keiran wouldn't come to talk about rejoining the Jedi...naturally the only other reason he would come to his old apprentice was concerning the Alliance, which Onderin had been an important member of for years.

"I'd be most glad to accept you into the Alliance," the Jedi Master answered with certainty. "I know that you have some experience outside the Jedi Order that would make you a valuable asset, Keiran. In fact, I can start you at least a few ranks up the line of command, if you wish, though what exactly you want to be doing is your choice."

3C12kbA.png

"That's a likeable arrangement to me"

Keiran looked around the lounge and then looked back at Onderin's eyes.

"I see that this fleet has gone through a recent battle. What's the galactic political situation like? I'd imagine there would be new organizations making their own bids for power?"

siggggy5ko.jpg

After the quick message relayed through the Force, he was finally able to settle down a bit more. He became enraveled in his past, convinced now that the only way of solving the conflict inside him would be confronting it head on without fear of the reprocussions.

Just then, he had received a note through one of his secretaries, addressed in the form of a datapad note. Within the comfort of his office, the young man opened the visual unto him, reading it quickly at first, scanning over the document, before looking over it more slowly to get the final pieces of vital information he needed.

"Interesting," he said aloud, yet in a quiet voice. Sabian had never confronted Lieutenant Damon before, unsure of the extent of the message and it's validation at first. After holding the document and scanning it over, he felt as if it was no fake parcel. He was clearly concerned and brought a valid arguement up in order on how to face the Imperial threat.

He requested this person's contact information, receiving it only minutes later with his comm frequency pin listed on the document. It would not be long before he punched the same codes into his own link's memory bank, making sure he knew who it was and could get in contact with him later for more details on the very broad explaination given in the letter.

The effects of the wine had its effects on him, yet was not entirely in a negative way. He merely allowed himself to be calmer by it, taking it as to loosen up his thoughts and mind to allow the hard topic discussed before to come more clear to his former master. For now, it stayed with him, but he knew not to go furthur with the wine. It would only hinder him if he continued drinking.

Standing proper in the room, he stretched himself out and looked around. Being here only felt like he was being held back from what he should be doing, confronting the situation that had been repressed in his mind for far too long.

He made sure to clear his leave with the Officers, making a direct command that if for any case the Rebels were attacked or needed to help somewhere, Admiral Starlisk would have direct authority to deal with the situation temporarily until the young man returned. This was only a precaution, knowing full well that he would try to be back and continue to fulfill his duties as President of the Alliance as soon as he could.

Strapping on his cloak and hollistering his belt and lightsaber, having his casual clothes underneath still, Sabian exited from his chambers and made his way down towards the hangar bay. To avoid any unneccessary expenses and attention, he turned to man an available shuttle for his personal affairs. To use the White Fang would be far too risky and would bring too much attention to himself if the Empire were to locate it en route to where he was going.

Punching the co-ordinates and taking the controls into both hands, the lone shuttle lifted off into the atmosphere without furthur delay, taking a long curved take off before breaching into deep space..

Onderin nodded at Keiran's observations. "What we just finished was my third battle of Coruscant. We came out of it with three starcruisers left, but we actually exited in retreat from a backup fleet that the Empire shouldn't have been able to have," he said. "Considering the latest reports, however, that fleet didn't do anything after we left, so I'd consider the battle a victory.

"The Alliance has the temporary upperhand, so we may find ourselves on the offense sooner rather than later," he continued.

"As for the smaller factions..." the Admiral hesitated. "The Black Sun has been prominent, showing some sort of enmity with the Link organization, which is purely a non-military profit organization. We tried to intercede to no avail, but we ended up with a military truce with the Black Sun, though I'm not sure if I can trust them. It may have been their armada that came to the Empire's aid at the end of the battle over Coruscant, but there's no way to tell."

Onderin folded his arms and relaxed, though still standing. "The Black Sun is really our biggest threat at the moment, though I'm not going to be the one to break the truce. Something tells me a certain man among them that has shown some sympathy towards the Alliance may not like it if they betray us."

3C12kbA.png

Lora had completed that part of her training and had received little to nothing in the way of encouragement to continue. She was getting very disgruntled with the way the Alliance worked. No one had come near her except the one officer and from what she heard rumour wise, he'd gone off again.

She wandered through the base wondering if anyone would bother with her... if no one did she'd leave for sure... there had to be something better out there than this.

Lora.jpg

"As is becoming typical," Onderin answered, "the Sith accompanied the Empire in the attack and assaulted the Jedi Academy on Coruscant's surface. When I left the battle was winding down, and I believe that the Jedi successfully repelled the attack with the aid of defenses and specially-trained troops I provided.

"Other than that, there's not much to say. Ara-Lai is still in charge, but she's undergoing some strange..." the Jedi Master searched for a word, "changes. I'm not really sure who's on the Jedi Council anymore, but I'm certain that it's changed since I last spoke with you. It's really hard to know who's in charge now..."

The Admiral's voice trailed off and he looked thoughtful, though he didn't say anything else.

-----------------

Meanwhile, the woman called Lora continued to go unnoticed. She was just another face in the crowd, and she didn't have enough of a story to draw anyone's attention. She was not approached.

3C12kbA.png

"Seems just as disjoint as it was earlier. However, if the order managed to repel a sith attack, then they must be doing something right."

Keiran stood up and looked Onderin in the eye.

"Let's head back to Coruscant, check up on the order."

siggggy5ko.jpg

With no reason to disagree, Onderin nodded and started towards the door. The two walked in silence, leaving Onderin to his thoughts. It was an interesting sensation, being side by side with the man that had been his mentor and instructor in the ways of the Force. It had been a long time, and the Admiral couldn't help but still hold the same respect for the man that he always had. It would seem out-of-place not to.

And yet, here he was, the Admiral of the Alliance and a proven Jedi Master. As far as he was aware, Keiran had never taken the Master Trials and he was just a self-exiled ex-Jedi that was trying to make his way back into the society and workings of the galaxy as he had once been.

The strangest thing was not that, however. It was the fact that he wanted to go to Coruscant to check up on the Jedi Order that had disowned him. Back on Naboo Onderin had tried to convince him to talk to the Jedi Council to explain some rather dark actions that he was rumored to have taken. Keiran had refused then, but now on his own initiative he was going back.

Onderin found himself entering the hangar, having guided himself there purely off routine and instict. If one had asked him how he had gotten there, he wouldn't have been able to tell them, for he had never come from that particular lounge before.

Picking a Lambda-class shuttle, Onderin and Keiran boarded and the former guided the ship into space. No matter what was going on, there was still a fighter pilot in him. It was true that he had been guiding capital ships longer than he had been piloting E-wings, but the phrase "once a pilot, always a pilot" was true.

With a flicker of motion, the shuttle disappeared into hyperspace en route to the center of the galaxy.

3C12kbA.png

• 2 weeks later...

Lora took a skiff to another of the centres far from the military base. She was disgruntled. And these jedi that were leading the alliance now... well... she'd have to do something to prevent her mind from being read. Even though her race was naturally force sensitive, Lora had no intentions of being trained, some of the teachings would be handy, but she didn't want the formalised training. Secretly she had decided to slip into one of the public medical centers, getting a speciallised implant placed within her head to help block those that had the ability, from reading her mind. It should also help to keep her force sensitivity a secret. She would still be able to access the abilities if she decided to down the track, but it would help her out significantly now. She had been watching the holonet as well, and found something that sounded more interesting than what she was currently doing.

She had been admitted under an assumed name, and had several days rest and recovery before she had triggered her remote caller for her ship, the Shooting Star. As soon as she boarded, she told her droid to leave Mon Calamari. C4 obeying without question. She was getting out of there, and wasn't looking back. The ship soon disappeared into the vastness of space...

Lora.jpg

OOC: This was effective as of 12/29, five days ago.

IC: A Star Defender cruiser emerged from Mon Calamari's docks and was christened the Dauntless, the new flagship. The name was meaningfully similar to the name of the previous flagship, for it would take the last ship's place at the head of the fleet.

The fleet now consisted of four MC90a Starcruisers and the Dauntless. Another MC90a was begun.

3C12kbA.png

Production was as effecient as ever. Another MC90a Starcruiser emerged complete from the docks, it in itself a work of art, well-armed, shielded and a peice of machinery more powerful than an Imperial-class Star Destroyer.

Presently, the fleet consisted of six MC90a's in addition to the Star Defender flagship, but another Starcruiser was undertaken immediately.

3C12kbA.png

The figure of a Lambda-shuttle entering the familiar atmosphere could be seen from the base, already an extensive lapse of time from when the President first left from now. It touched down firmly upon the hangar bay, Sabian having enough strength at this time of the trip to man the controls himself. As one side of the shuttle opened up, he slowly began to limp out on that good foot while his other foot that had been shot curled up with his ankle.

Immediately, there were both a military team and a medic team that came to greet him as well as other concerned personelle, having notified upon his entry into Mon Calamari the extent of his wound. One solider offered him a shoulder to lean upon before the stretcher arrived, placing him down upon it and wheeling him off to the Med Bay for immediate surgery.

The surgical procedure itself did not take as long as he imagined. By the grace of the Force, the bullet did not pierce through bone, but had done some nasty damage as result of extensive blood loss. He was just as surprised by the result to see a second bullet in the tin casing, one having grazed his side during the escape without him being completly aware of it.

After the proper procedures were done, the President having cleansed himself thoroughly, put on his usual attire instead of the casual clothes he came in with. He started to feel better being in good company. This place was always a place of refuge for him, so many good memories stemming from this place as a padawan learner, a real greenhorn amoungst war veterans. Now, they all depended on him to make the most important decisions in order to direct the faction in a positive way.

His arms draped over two crutches which he would use for the time being, the casting of bandages still wrapped around his foot for it was still tender from after operation, but Sabian felt compelled to still move around and make his presence known again to his people. When asked what happened by any personelle, he couldn't put himself to begin to tell the truth, but neither to lie to them, coming up with a story that was neither true nor false..

"Well, I needed some time off so I went off to a bar to meet an old friend of mine. Little did I know that there was a bar fight going on and I just got caught up in the crossfire.. That's all. It's good to be back, though."

..A hand extended to some of the roaming soliders that still went about with their duties, regardless if he was there or not, and shook their hands. The President was also very pleased that the production of the fleet was going smoothly, six MC90a's fully operational with the Star Defender flagship. He had a strong desire to see this part of their recovery go smoothly overall, well knowing without a sterdy fleet, their influence on keeping peace in the galaxy would be limited.

The young man, after meeting with some high ups and being briefed on the current projects going on, withdrew to his office where, for medical reasons he claimed, wished not to be disturbed. By the time he entered the office, he gently put the crutches away and undid the bandages. Sabian had already used his rather extensive knowledge and talent within the realms of Force Healing to mend both injuries as he walked aound, but still wanted a good reason to be left alone..

"What have I done?.."

The words rolled from his tongue, soft and quiet in the air, held underneath his breathe. It was at this time he could finally relax, focus on what had happened. The Force was stronger with him now in this time of need, letting his mind drift into a psuedo-meditation trance while he tried to sort out the many thoughts that still lingered with him..

A small shuttle appeared through the atmosphere of the planet. After a few minutes it touched down on the surface, after getting clearance. The man inside was hitting certain buttons and switches as the ship touched the ground. He pulled a lever and the ramp opened up.

The jedi apprentice known as Ki Hoiz Achzet walked out of the shuttle. He could feel a few jedi on this planet. One in particular stood out amongst the rest.

Achzet sent a message through the force to the lone jedi.

Hello Sabian. I have not seen you in ages.

Achzet followed his force presence to the room he was in. He walked into the room and saw the young jedi.

"Hello old friend."

GearsSig3.jpg

He had been informed through his intercomm of a shuttle appearing in the planet's atmosphere, one beloging to Ki Hoiz Achzet. The man on the other line asked if this name had any clearance, unsure by the unmarked craft as to who the pilot was.

"That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.. Bring him in, have someone escort him to my office, if you would."

Rocking back on his chair, the young man waited as the young Jedi padawan now faced him in his office, having been led by a Rebel offical to the spot, then dispersed.

"And hello to you," The President got up from his seat, accostumed to shaking his hand before continuing, "It's been a long time.. Come, sit."

The young man did the same in return as the two sat, leaning back in his chair with arms folded..

"What brings you here to Mon Calamari?.."

"Master Kirlocca assigned me to come here. It has been a very long time since I have seen you. I am glad our paths have crossed again."

Achzet thought about their battle so long ago, when the two were sworn enemies. He remembered how he was turned to the lightside. He remembered those words used so long ago. There is still some shred of good in you.

Achzet brought his mind back to the present situation.

"So what are you doing here. How have you been?"

GearsSig3.jpg

The young man forced a half-fake smirk as he asked the question as to why he himself was here, having to respond by saying..

"What am I doing here?--.. Heh.. It would seem you still haven't changed, eh?.. Well, If you really aren't aware by now, I was elected President of the Alliance for the better part of a month now."

His eyes were dazed still, knowing that a mad man was now after his neck, the only sanctuary and sense of belonging was here with the Rebellion. He was trying act strong and be the true leader his role demanded on the outside when on the inside, he didn't feel that way at all..

"..I've been-- alright. That doesn't really matter.-- More importantly, how have you been holding up? It really has been quite some time, I know.. How is your training progressing?"

The words barely exhausted from his throat, trying act very polite and mannerly as he spoke all this while, leaning back in his chair once more to change the subject again after he had given his very brief statement..

"So..-- Master Kirlocca sent you? For what reason, might I ask?"

Fingers intertwined as either elbow hovered neatly over the arm rests, staying very focus on his words and mannerisms as to not leak out what he truely felt. His knowledge of the Force furthur masked this ordeal, appearing calm and mannerly, when inside, he was still very much shaken up after the encounter..

"My training is going fairly well. I am close to becoming a knight now. My lightsaber has been completed. I just have to finish my saber training."

Achzet was surprised to hear that he was the president of the alliance. He really did not know anything about the alliance or anything to do with the military for that matter.

"Master Kirlocca told me that you would have some work for me."

GearsSig3.jpg

"Hmm.. Well, there are volunteers in time of war or necessity, but the usual procedure is by enducting members first in order for them to perform work."

He took a more sterdy position as the chair leaned back and haulted upright, with his hands still intertwined just below his chin as he spoke..

"I can enlist you as an Officer, if you wish,.. but I would like to know the purpose of why you wish to work for the Alliance."

Achzet thought about this for a short time before answering the question.

"I would like to be in the alliance because I would like to be able to defend others that need help. I would like to help others if they needed it."

Achzet stared into the jedi knight's eyes. He was beginning to wonder exactly why Kirlocca assigned him to come here. Did he want Achzet to join the alliance? Achzet was not sure.

GearsSig3.jpg

"Then that's all I needed to hear.."

The man shuffled through a few papers he had on his desk, searching underneath for a pair of thin lined glasses, rounding the ends behind his ears and scrumaging in his table's drawers before finding a pin, engraved with the Alliance inisgnia with small dipictions of other lush planets over the bronze material.

"Welcome aboard, Officer Achzet.. You can take this badge to signify your duties and to show your Master. In time of need, we shall contact you when your services are required.. Until then, you are free to resume your training."

With that, he extended his hand to shake the other young man's own, tight as he stood upright..

"I'm sorry to have to bring this to a close so early.. It really has been great seeing you again, but as fate would have it, I have a pile of work I must finish after my absence."

Slouching back down in the chair, pulling it up with the motion closer to the desk after it drifted back a bit when he got up. Sabian looked back towards the young man before his office doors opened back up behind Achzet..

"I look forward to seeing you again and I hope your training continues just as splendidly. You will make a fine Jedi Knight.. May the Force be with you."

"Thank you for this honor. May the force be with you as well." Achzet said. He was a bit disappointed to not be able to talk with Sabian some more, but he knew that he was busy. He placed the badge on his robes, that signified his new rank with the alliance. Achzet was going to become busy soon as well.

He walked around the halls, saying a few hellos to other officers and personel at the base.

He found a small room and entered it. He pulled his saber off of his belt and placed both of his hands on it. He activated the switch and heard the snap hisses signaling the activation of the saber. He began to spar with himself, acting as if he was sparring with another individual that really wasn't there. He continued to do his training exercises he created for himself. He felt much more comfortable with the blade.

Achzet began to think about his trials, for he knew they would arrive very shortly. He was confident in himself. He knew he was ready.

GearsSig3.jpg