Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

The short figure wandered into the bar, with a hood up and robes barely revealing booted feet.  In the darkness of the hood, two little red eyes peered outward, looking at everyone and everything in the bar, as if analyzing something. 

>It seems there are three exits for a quick get away, though two have security near them. Stormtroopers sir< a series of binary beeps came from over the figure's shoulder. Eyes, a little floating pod, no bigger then a human’s fist, hovered close by, watching everything the same way its master was doing. Its poorly attached limb raised up as if it was counting each soldier in the bar.

“Shush, shush you target practice...” Kiv insulted in pure Jawaese as he tried to shoo the droid a little bit. The droid seemed to ignore him and floated a full circle around the jawa, still analyzing. 

It was obvious that Kiv was beginning to attract attention. His short size, his robes, and, most notably, his stench gave the clear indication that he was a Jawa. The rodent species were definitely not the most common sight in the open galaxy, and this one was certainly far from home. 

>I believe I have a visual sir.<  Eyes chirped as the cobbled Searcher droid did another pass around the Jawa’s head. 

“Ooh! Yes, I see him Eyes. Good spot, good spot…”

Kiv watched one of the stormtroopers who was looking over the entire cantina. These people were important. And important people usually carried deep pockets. Maybe something the little data scavenger had could be of use to them. 

Especially since one of them Kiv had done dealings with before. These Rebels needed people who could perform deeds that needed to be off the books. People who were expendable and unnoticeable, or at least ignorable. And these stormtroopers, well, sometimes they had private information they wanted found out. 

“Eyes, you go order me a Fizz-water…” Kiv muttered to Eyes. 

>With Jun-Lime?<

Kiv scratched his face, unsure if he wanted to spend the deci-credit. 

“Eh, sure, treat myself today. I’m getting paid after all” The jawa gave in, handing the smallest unit of credit he had to the droid. Eyes grabbed it with his poorly attached arm and took off towards the bar. 

Kiv on the other hand, went straight for one of the stormtroopers. 

“Ahem, ahem, hey clean, tall one, remember me?” Kiv started as he tapped the stormtrooper’s side like some kind of child.  He certainly had the height for it.

“Oh I’m sure you do. You don’t deal with Jawas a lot, do you? Or maybe you deal with other jawa on the side. Heheh, but that would require you Buckets to have better smells, eh? Heheh'' Kiv joked, his Jawaese trade language flying by at a rapid pace. 

“Anywho, you wanted info? I got info. I want credits? You got credits. We trade? You give me, I give you, we get all this trade-talk done?”

The information the Jawa carried on his person wasn’t anything too special. A few rumors and data about the planet of Falleen. Word had gotten around that the Sith had taken the planet for themselves, and as such, people were in demand about what was going on there and, possibly  more importantly, who made it off alive. 

image.jpeg.d53492beab516d9a1b229282717105a7.jpeg

“Yes yes, of course of course, you can wipe his memory like you Buckets always do. Besides, I think he is due for a memory wipe anyways.” Kiv lied. The droid had just received a memory wipe earlier that day. 

“You Buckets…” Kiv continued, rolling his eyes slightly under his hood. “Always so procedural. Just better have the money for what I get you, right? After all, credits are everything, and I haven’t gotten enough of those…”

Kiv then walked over to the bar, where his droid had gotten one drink for him. Kiv gave a couple of chirps, and the droid obeyed, handing him a drink of Fizz-water and landing in his hand for powering down. The jawa then placed the deactivated droid on the countertop for inspection and hopped onto a stool to enjoy his drink. 

Still, this was different. Usually the Buckets didn’t have him wait at a bar. Usually it was a quick go in, make a request or collect some info, receive payment, and go. But that one trooper...Kiv had to struggle a few moments to remember his name… had indicated that Kiv needed to remain at the bar. 

“Perhaps this will be a much more profitable experience for us, eh Eyes?” Kiv pondered out loud with a sip of his water. “After all, as my mother always told me, anything worth doing is worth doing for credits. Right eyes? Oh right, you are off. Sorry about that. But can’t have you on yet. Stupid Buckets and their procedures. Hmm…”

With the commentary coming to a halt, Kiv then began to study the bar a bit more closely. You never knew when information on how a bar was set up could come in handy...

Kiv screamed slightly when he could see in the doorway the large feline thing tried charging into the room. All of his self-preservation instincts, honed over the years by simply being a scavenger and a thief, kicked in as he jumped onto the bar stool, as if a little more height would save him from the thing.

“Ah! No kill! No kill!” Kiv shouted in pure jawaese, with all the smells that came along with it. 

When the large man got the Nexu to calm down, Kiv started to breath a little easy. He couldn’t help but look at the human in wonder.  

“I hope you are enjoying your drink?”

Kiv looked at the man. He smelled like he was wet. If he was a jawa, he’d be swarming with flies. 

“Oh yes, very much yes.” Kiv nodded violently and then took another large sip. “I drink it here, and it flows right out of me in fear, hehe. That beast yours? Very nasty looking. I prefer droid to cat, I think. Droid don’t eat me”

Kiv picked up the data and held it up to his hood to give himself a smell, as if he could detect its genuineness. 

"I'm sure you and Cho there will become great friends as we work together on this."

“Ooh, so I work with you? Very nice. Big muscles. Does the cat have to come? He no eat me, right? Ack, I don’t know. Hmm, let me see, one sec...”

With a quick sleight of hand, Kiv produced a small data pad from somewhere in his robes, and plugged in the data. As Kiv wiped the slime off the screen, words appeared, which Kiv read at record speed. Less then a minute later, Kiv handed the pad over to the large man. 

“Hmmm, Aaris...never been there. Too primitive for me. I prefer places like here an Coruscant. Easier to steal stuff. Eh, you forget I said that. Hmmm, pay is good... ”

Kiv took one long last sip of the water, then ate the Jun-Lime whole, allowing it to squish loudly and violently in his mouth. It was said that Jawas were disgusting creatures, and Kiv knew he only added more to the stereotype. He however didn't care. 

"So I have lots of resources, but I'm sure you do as well, shall we discuss details? What kind of ship you running?"

“Details? I like details. These are the details." Kiv swallowed the lime, and pointed at the man.  "You fly. My ship is in shop, hehe. That a joke, I don’t have ship. I prefer other methods. Hmm...I bring droid and brains and looks. You bring cat and muscles. No buckets required. Perfect team, right? Then we both profit. That the point. Profit always the point. 50-50 pay. 50 for me and droid. 50 for you and cat. I give you 51 if you leave cat behind, hehe“

Kiv tapped the bar softly, grabbed his things, then jumped off the stool, as if it was already an agreement. 

“Come, come, we go now. I got all I need. I empty myself in your ship. Just keep kitty away from my precious pearls, yes? Many shamans like my pearls, hehe. That another joke.  Me read what I got on Aaris on the way. Lets, see, where back door? Is it near the cat? Me steer clear of cat.” 

tag @sowles7

• Haha 1