Nar Shaddaa - Rebel Alliance Headquarters

Raven Nasra

Kirlocca did his best to stay out of the way, mainly because he wasn't sure what else he was supposed to do. He hadn't been resurrected for very long, and while the Force was beginning to aid him, the last thing he wanted to do was to rely upon it so heavily that he couldn't do anything else without it. He watched for a moment during entry the cityscape of Nar Shaddaa come into view. Even without leaning into the Force, he was able to feel the life currents flowing so heavily upon the surface. There was also a strange somber feeling echoing off the entire planet. As he looked down, not wanting to reach out too heavily, he began to fully understand why Raven did what she did. Knowing that his life, second life that is, was about to get very crazy, he took a final swig of his caf and began to prepare himself for what he had to do.

As the ship landed and the personnel began to disembark, the Wookiee held back for a moment, not wanting to be apart of the official Imperial standard group that normally came with high officials or the Empress herself. But Raven made it very clear to him that such a modest hanging back was not an option for him during this time. So he now walked slightly behind her, as he knew the traditions of the Empire were something that would take years to break, so he didn't want to insult anyone by standing as a complete equal to the Empress. As he came down the ramp with Raven, he was a bit surprised to not see any Jedi, outside of the Imperial Knights. It was then that he fully allowed for himself to reach out into the Force to feel those present. Almost immediately he could feel some presences that he knew from long ago. Armiena Draygo, Tobias Vos, Aiden Darkfire, Kyrie Eleison and Sandy Sarna. There were others, but none that had memories flood him like those. 

<< I'm almost afraid to ask, but this facility doesn't feel like... You're holding back your own Force connection. Why? >>

The question wasn't really directed as an insult, but more of curiosity. Raven was keeping herself in check, but Kirlocca could not fully understand. Even now, he could feel the Force slowly moving through her, but she was only observing it. He doubted he would get a direct answer from her, at least not today. For now, he believed that both knew Kirlocca would be sought out by other Jedi who could use some morale boost. So for the moment, the Wookiee let his question sink in with Raven. Kirlocca knew that she would make a far better Jedi then an Empress. 

Edited by Wookiee Jedi
  • Like 1

There wasn't much for Raven to respond to, as the two clearly needed to part ways, at least for the time being. Without much of a bow, Kirlocca began to walk towards the familiar presence of Tobias, and only slightly gave an acknowledgement to him within the Force. He did his best as he moved to keep out of main sight, not wanting to draw too much attention to himself, but as a Wookiee, there was only so much he could do to avoid being seen by others. And as it was, not many Wookiee's became Jedi, so many were quick to know of him upon their eyes seeing him. Regardless of such looks, he still managed to remain rather hidden.

He arrived within the briefing room and casually placed a paw upon Tobias' shoulder. Even as he did so, he could feel the emotions within the Force of the man, many of wonder, hesitation and perhaps a small bit of regret of some sort. Without much of anything, Kirlocca allowed for his own presence to fill the room, but made sure to provide a soothing feeling. 

<< It does not do well to linger upon the past Tobias. Every action taken, every appointment made by the Force has lead us to this moment, and it will continue to lead us to the next moment. Trust in the Force, and everything else will lead us to where we need to go. >> 

The Wookiee offered up a half smile to the man. He knew that his own words would only provide little, yet he wanted to provide them anyways. It was the least he could do to bring a balanced mind to him.

Kirlocca listened very intently to Tobias and his words. The emotion behind such words were even more evident that Raven did indeed do the right thing with bringing him back, even if he still understand why the Force allowed it. With a breath inhaled and slowly exhaled, the Wookiee looked at Tobias with a smile. His humor was one that always seemed slightly inappropriate within the moment, but very disarming if one allowed it to be. For the moment, Kirlocca needed some lightness to the tension, so he choose to allow the man's humor inspire good will. And his questions were rather pointed, yet still allowed for the once Jedi Grandmaster to smile at them. 

<< Tangible  and corporeal for the moment... Healthy, connected and sane are for someone else to decide. I think that being present is enough for the moment. I'm more than able and ready to serve. >>

Kirlocca pushed past the fact that maybe both knew that having someone else decide if they were sane was something that hit a little too close to home. While he was distracted towards the end of his last time walking the galaxy with plenty Jedi business, he knew that others judged Tobias heavily. But at this point, such things now only shapped who he was today. 

Kirlocca could only nod his head at Tobias. For some odd reason, when he looked up and away from the man's face, he realized that the two of them had already begun to walk towards the medical room where Alluyen lay. As the two walked in, they had followed behind Armiena and some handful of other Jedi whom were already present. Kirlocca stared at Adenna's face for a moment, memories of her when she was a fresh Jedi Knight and eager to help the galaxy flooded his mind. He would have closed his own eyes to fight back some tears at the fact that the state of the galaxy had even gotten this bad since his time within the Force, but decided that his own emotions were a good display for others, maybe even Tobias. 

<< She was always slightly on the brash side. But she's always been a strong fighter, one of whom I wish I got to pass some of my own knowledge off to her... >> 

His words were loud and spoken generally. When he was first placed on the Jedi Council so many years ago, he was always careful of whom he taught and what he taught. Now he felt like he was given a second chance to actually pass on everything that he knew to those whom were willing to learn it. 

Kirlocca was still staring at Adenna when Armiena spoke. He had thought him and Tobias had quietly walked in, yet his own presence seemed to draw attention to itself. It was something he had not considered, yet from his own memories understood that it was a common thing for him to be recognized wherever he went unless he made an effort to hide himself. Armiena's voice was rather sharp and to the point, much like remembered it. There was a sense of sadness in remembering it, as he always associated it Aryian. And yet, we are both here, and he is not... There was some amusement in the fact that he understood that less than 8 days ago he was one with the Force and most likely spent time with him in the afterlife. But such memories were not something he possessed anymore. And now, he was before Armiena, whom assumed her old role that she once had so long ago. But he was before others of whom he did not know. She assigned him to a mission to aid Chandrila. Outside of Hanna City, Chandrila offers up not military strategic value other than proximity to core worlds, to which the Sith Empire holds, atleast to his latest readings he did on the trip over. The young male pulled the newly minted Grandmaster aside to speak to her, and Kirlocca turned and looked at Tobias and the Mon Calamari.

<< It might be useful to poke other companies as well and see if any would be willing to provide good faith relief. BioTech and Healthidrive are two that were always in good standings with neutral planets... >> 

It then struck him that when Armiena spoke, she did not give out an assignment to Tobais. He wondered if his own assignment to Chandrila was more for others than himself. But then again, She didn't seem to even question that the Wookiee was back to life after being gone for years. Perhaps she is running off on instinct by this point. Kirlocca reasoned within his own mind that he would have done the same thing. Leaning towards Tobias, he placed a paw upon the man. 

<< I could use your assistance if you don't mind before I head off... >>

As the Wookiee walked with Tobias out of the room, the words and posture of both seemed to change and start to fall into a familiar sense, at least for Kirlocca. The man, while at times had a very hard shell to crack and could almost come off as too blunt and focused on his own purpose at times, was very disarming. The more time he spent around him, the more he saw Dahar within him and had slowly come to see what Dahar had seen in him. Even Kirlocca had to admit that his first impression of Tobias were not flattering, but having someone introduced at the fringe of a battle tended to always skew one's mind.

<< No party needed my friend. I am just grateful to be back amongst you again. But what I need is a lightsaber, as I do not have one. While I doubt very much I will need one on this upcoming mission, having one would still bring some familiarity back to me and the Force. Perhaps maybe you would also like to indulge me in a spar soon- that is if we have the time to spare for it... >>

Kirlocca then heard his name shouted out, and it came from Armiena. The Wookiee slowly turned around to wait for her. In his younger days as a Jedi Knight, he would have kept going and just had her catch up to both. But over the course of time, he learned the time was never as pressing as he thought it was. He made sure that within his own presence to pour out a sense of calmness and warmth, so that Tobias and Armiena would know that he was content on waiting for her.

Kirlocca smiled at Tobias. He had forgotten how much time had passed since the last had held a physical interaction. To know that he was able to read his own thoughts made him slightly more aware of the fact that he was not as locked in as he used to be. It would still take some more time to get acquainted with being alive again. But at least he had someone to help him, and provide some comfort in something he would have known if he were still apart of the Force. Now, he would have to find his own way again. Still with a smile, he reached out and accepted the lightsaber given to him by Tobias. 

<< A spar would be very helpful in getting myself back into form. I am very thankful for you my friend. And beyond grateful that you found a way to help ease your mind when it races. >>

Turning ever so slightly, as now they both were greeted by Armiena. She seemed to be slightly out of breath, but also carried a weight of the mind within her. SHe had something she wanted to speak, to which she soon spoke of to him. He glanced over at Tobias, who had looked at best he could with his eyes scarred and held onto his cane. He then turned back to Armiena. 

<< I of course will provide you with my full attention. At least as best as I can under the circumstances. >>

Kirlocca hesitated for a moment as he felt the hilt of the lightsaber within his paw. He didn't much look up at the Grandmaster at first, as he was attempting to let a mix of his own memory and the Force to bring him back everything that he knew by second nature of his prior skills. As he activated it with the all too familiar snap-hiss, the Wookiee admired the orange hue of the blade. His first lightsaber ever was yellow in color, but this blood orange blade felt somewhat fitting for him on this go around in life. He carefully held it as he looked up at Draygo and could feel himself starting to drop back into his old form, Wru'torr. She fell into Ataru's natural stance. The viridian blade of hers and the blood orange of his own provided the room with a distinct glow. It didn't take her long before she sprang into action, a move which caught him slightly off guard, but wouldn't have normally. But such circumstances proved to him that he needed it. 

She began to strike in a flurry, although nothing serious, but enough for him to be pushed back on the defensive side and to have to regain his own stance a bit. He focused upon where she was moving within the Force, as it allowed for him to regain his old precognition skills that allowed for him to know where he always needed to have his lightsaber blade. It was slowly coming back, so he instead choose to embrace the chaotic nature of the duel to help him with his reflexes at the very least. As he attempted to fall into the rhythm of the movements, he began to listen to what the Grandmaster was telling him. As she talked, she struggled with her breathing. He doubted it was from a position that he was in of not being used to it, but rather that she was run down from her recent mission and then having to be thrust into more work. He knew that such words to be given back were far better off for him to wait, as his words would get lost in the sounds of the spar. When she finished, or at least paused, Kirlocca wondered for a single moment if he should press her to keep her up to maintain skill in this spar, but decided that if he were in her shoes, he would welcome the acknowledgement and end the spar. So he stepped backwards as she finished with both her words and relaxed her stance and gave her a famous salute from the Makashi form and then lowered and turned off the lightsaber his friend Tobias gave to him. 

<< I will of course keep an eye out on him. You have no need to worry. I will go and be with him now. >> 

Kirlocca then bowed to Armiena and offered her up a smile. He then turned and gave Tobias a slight nod of the head as well, doing so as he clipped the lightsaber hilt his friend gave him. There was no words offered up to him, as he was sure his look said it all. I'll see you when I return. With the look and the pleasantries made, he turned and began to move towards the hangar. As he arrived, he found his own way on the ship, making it known within the Force that he had arrived. 

• 2 weeks later...

A loud booming voice shouted loud enough to echo through the hangar. "HEY, ININITATE!" From across the floor was a Zabrak standing with a Gand, a human male and two Mirialans, one male and one female. All dressed in very typical Jedi robes. The Zabrak was the one who stood tallest amongst them, waving at Siolo, the Twi'lek who clearly looked lost. "We are about to take a tour and get you guys settled in. Hurry up." The Zabrak turned and began to lead the other Jedi initiates into the main Alliance HQ. "You guys are beginning your Jedi paths at a good time. I am sure that you will all find what you are looking for within the Jedi Order..."

The Zabrak stood and the front of the class and waited for the group to calm down. The excitement with everyone buzzed and it felt like it did way back when. The energy of everyone seemed to beam at the thought of becoming Jedi, which was still far off for many of them. As everyone settled in, he finally spoke. 

"I am going to review for you the very basics of the what the Jedi Order is built upon. Listen. Take in. After that, feel free to open questions. 

There is no emotion; there is peace.

There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; there is only the Force.

A Jedi does not act for personal power or wealth but seeks knowledge and enlightenment.

A Jedi never acts from hatred, anger, fear, or aggression but acts when calm and at peace with the Force.

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.

Jedi use the powers to defend and to protect, never to attack others.

Jedi respect life, in any form.

Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.

Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training.

These words are a lot to take in, so I want for you to dwell upon them, and then ask questions. For even as direct of a code as this may be, it is also one the brings up many natural questions. And from one of our most beloved Jedi Masters who trained thousands of Jedi, they would have said that questions are the key to learning and understanding."

The Zabrak took a moment to look intently at the Twi'lek before answering him. His words were soft, yet somewhat confusing he was sure. "Perhaps there is no one here to tell you what to do. You were told to come along, and you came. The Jedi are not dictators. No one will tell you what to do, at least no one who is a Jedi. The real question is this; What do you want to do?" The Zabrak took a moment to fold his arms across his chest as he looked at the Twi'lek. 

Edited by Wookiee Jedi
Flavor/style

The Zabrak slowly nodded his head and then smiled at the Twi'lek. "Indeed. It's what I suspected through the Force. And because of that, I suggest perhaps you could do me a favor." The Zabrak moved slowly to stand next to the young Jedi hopeful. "Describe with your own words... " He now leaned in to impart some heaviness to the question, but also to allow for the dramatic pause. "What does it mean to be a Jedi?"

The Zabrak listened to both Siolo and Alliera and gave a slight eyebrow raise with a half smile as both finished. He leaned back and folded his arms across his chest. He took a moment before responding, as both answers generated some small talk amongst the students. "What if I told you that as different of answers as you both provided, is closely strong to how the galaxy sees the Jedi?" He paused for a moment to let his response sink in, and to let everyone ponder upon it. He then walked over to a projector and placed a galaxy map into the view of everyone in the room. 

"Some see the Jedi as protectors, guardians of their home worlds. Others view us a chasers of the Dark Side. Some view the Jedi as those who show up and cause problems for them. Others see us as a challenge to be overcomed, much like Mandalorians of old and some splinter groups now." He now moved himself to stand at a position and pointed towards two different planets with both hands. "Chandrila views us a healers and thinks we were too slow to respond to stop or prevent the burning of their home world. Yet here we have Ord Mantell. These people view us as a hindrance of business and a group that could destroy their entire way of life apart if we were to ever interfere..." The Zabrak put both hands down and began to move back towards the back of the room, but left the map up for all to view. 

"Who is to say that one view is right or wrong? Who can even change their minds if you do hold their view and opinion of us wrong?" It was a test question, but one he was certain that even Jedi Masters would stray from answering fully. But still, such a healthy debate now would help shape their paths that they would walk upon. 

The Zabrak slowly nodded his head as he listened to both provide an answer. With a soft voice, he responded to them. "Many may say that we will never change their minds. The best you can do... the best anyone can do is to fully understand the Jedi code, and conduct themselves in a way the provides honor to the Force. As the Jedi Master Kirlocca was once recorded for saying, 'Better to make a hard choice with confidence than an easy one that brings eyes to themselves.'" The Zabrak turned and walked to a storage container of some sorts, pulling out an assortment of different things and laid them all upon a table. "But such discussion rarely help prepare one for what may be expected of them. Although it may frame your perspectives and help you in understanding yourself more..."

He then moved to stand in front of the table and blocked the view of the container, which was hard to see into anyways. "For now, I want us to see for both myself and for yourself, how the Force works within you. Remaining where you are, what is in the container?"

• 2 weeks later...

The Zabrak smiled at both of the interactions the students had. "Siolo, reach out... What can you feel about them?..." The Jedi trainer walked slightly closer to the students and away from the container. He paused for a moment before Alliera. "Yes, that is the Force you feel. It has always been there, but perhaps now you have begun to realize it." He looked down and offered up a smile. "Maybe once this exercise is over, everyone here would benefit from a field trip perhaps?"

The Zabrak looked from Siolo to Alliera with a slight grin upon his face. "Ossus. To the Capital, Knossa. There is a Jedi temple there, rebuilt from an ancient and ruined temple by Jedi Master Kirlocca and few others. It is a prime place for young Jedi hopefuls to learn much. From what I hear, as I have not been there myself yet, that it's a safe environment to learn and holds some special things that are designed for younger padawans such as yourselves. It's also rumored that Jedi Master Kirlocca will be heading that way upon his return from his special mission." The Zabrak gave them both some time to let the information sink in, but also to leave room for questions, which he was sure both held. 

The Zabrak gave a smile and looked from student to student. He pondered for just a moment on how his response should come, but quickly decided that both knew only half of what they were talking about. So his response was quick. "Perhaps the knowledge there is enough for both of you. But I think that you both do not understand fully what you ask." Quickly, he turned to walk towards the main door and stopped in the door, lifted his hand to point towards the hangar bay. "There are two libraries on planet. One that lays in ruin, and the other within the Jedi Temple there, built from archives of famous Jedi Ara-Lai Kaipi. That location is also much closer to more populated systems. So if you choose to not follow the path of the Jedi, you are free to go."

The Zabrak walked out of the room and put his arm down after talking, but with a smirk turned to both Jedi hopefuls. "Also, there you will meet Jedi Master Kirlocca and he will take over for me, as I have other duties that I must attend to."

• 5 months later...

The former imperial remnant shuttle landed on the main Headquarters of the Rebel Alliance on Nar Shaddaa without any delay. Kirlocca and Johan departed from the shuttle and walked into the main facility, the Wookiee with a general sense of calm about him. There was no worry or thought of the battle he had just left, or sense of worry about his other apprentice, who was in the hospital wing of the base. As the two Jedi approached the main desk of the wing, the Jedi Master didn't need to stop and ask which room Alliera was in, as he could feel her within the Force like a light within the darkness. But he respected that others did not, so he honored the girl working the desk. 

<< We'd like to see Alliera please. >> 

The girl smiled at the Wookiee and Johan. She quickly type up something where she was working and then looked up at the two. "She's in room 11 Master Kirlocca. And thank you for humoring me. I know you can feel exactly where she is." She hit a button and opened the door. Kirlocca gave a slight nod and smile towards her as the two walked through. He walked down the hall and could feel Alliera in the Force still. Walking into her room, he quickly gave her a smile. 

<< Well, you don't seem so bad. Luckily your armor held up. >>

Kirlocca stood to the side to allow for Johan to speak to Alliera. 

Kirlocca gave a look at Alliera's armor as she mentioned needing to really repair it. Based upon what he knew of Mandalorians, she was indeed right. He remained standing next to the bed as opposed to Johan, who sat in a chair. He kept his gaze upon the the girl, and held some form of compassion towards her as she mentioned debriefing on what had happened. He realized he never truly spoke to either of them on what had happened or where they went wrong. He allowed for his thoughts to collect a moment before he even spoke. 

<< Debrief-no. I wouldn't even say discuss. You both know at this point that you didn't do as well as you should have, and your injuries are a reminder of that. Perhaps maybe what you truly need are some pointers. >>

Now Kirlocca moved and sat on the edge of the bed, taking a more relaxed position to show both that his words are not meant to be harsh, but reflective. 

<< As a Jedi, you need to always be aware of your surroundings. If you don't know what's before you, caution is the best tactic you should employ. And from Mon Calamari, this is the lesson you should learn from it. Learn to recognize what is not important. It is not necessary to always strike the first blow or reach a goal before anyone else does. In fact, it is sometimes vital to strike the last blow, to give the final answer, or to arrive after everyone else. For then you can see more paths that are open to you, while the first may not be able to see such outcomes. >>

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlocca remained seated on the edge of Alliera's bed and looked directly at Johan and then at Alliera. 

<< There is plenty more I think that could be said about what transpired on Mon Calamari, but none of which would bring anything to either of you until you learn more of your own growth and what it means to be a Jedi. The Light Side is a long and narrow path, but is a true calling from the Force and it brings complete peace when practiced. Training is what makes you who you are. Just as a wheel sharpens a sword, training sharpens the Jedi, solidifying them as a Knight of the Force. Your training will never end; you must be disciplined enough to remain on the path of the Light. >>

Kirlocca now stood up and folded his arms as he looked directly at Johan.

<< We will begin to train you in some of those aspects that you seek. But is that truly the path you want to walk down? For how you speak of it would mean you seek out the path of a Jedi Consular. And once you start down that path, it will begin to forge your future...>> 

The Jedi master didn't really give any indication that he wanted Johan to respond right away, as he walked towards the door and held out a hand to give a signal for Johan to leave Alliera to rest. As he did so, he looked at her with a knowing look. In the past, he would have made her speak the question hovering within her mind. But somehow, he felt like this time around she needed to know his own answer before she even spoke it outloud. 

<< You may travel as you see fit. But something tells me that while you may get something you need from traveling... You will also come back with far greater questions. You have my blessing to go. >> 

Kirlocca knew that such words would have Johan curious, but Alliera would understand fully. That would be okay, as his words were not for Johan, but Alliera. And he knew that her trek would provide some motivation in seeking out the answers she sought.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Kirlocca moved through the med halls of the Imperial Spire on Nar Shaddaa with a sense of direction. He knew that Alliera would be most likely heading off to find her purpose and calling within the Force. While he was certain he could help her find such a path here, he also understood her need to seek it out. Johan on the other hand was in a position to begin to learn the Force in a more intimate way. But the boy was caught up in a world within his own mind, one that he needed to break from if he was to truly find his place in the galaxy. 

He was about ready to move the two towards a more suitable training room when something flashed on the Holonet that caught his attention. Sullust was in trouble. He paused before the screen to watch the report unfold as he slowly folded his arms across his chest. Whatever was happening, the Jedi Master knew such a thing required some investigation of some sort. Especially after Mon Calamari when the Sith were able to summon storms that damaged the surface of the planet, along with who knows what below. He had a feeling that whatever storm that took out communication to the capital of Sullust must be related somehow. Narrowing his eyes, he searched the Force for direction, sensing out what his move should be, if any. After a moment or two passed by, he looked at Johan. 

<< I am needed on Sullust. I do not doubt that such a need also brings with it danger. I have a feeling that what I can expect there is similar to what was encountered on Mon Calamari, but stronger. If you are unable to face such a test again, I can help move you into the care of other masters until I return…>> 

Kirlocca now unfolded his arms and stood awaiting a response from Johan. He had a feeling he knew what the boy would choose, yet like Alliera, he did not want to force the decision if the boy was unwilling to say it himself.

• Like 1

Kirlocca turned and felt for the boy. He could sense the swirling emotions down below the surface. He managed to keep them off his face, but in the presence of a Jedi Master, no such feelings were exempt from being felt. The Wookiee placed his paw upon the boy's shoulder and gave a soft look. 

<< I will aide you in some basics- but be warned. This mission will leave something upon you. Whether it be a physical scar, emotional or some other kind. You must be prepared to accept it, and learn from it. For now, consider such words. We will leave at once for Sullust. I will give you a quick lesson along the way. >>

Kirlocca said no more. He turned and walked towards the spaceport in order to find a ship that could transport them to Sullust and provide enough room for the boy to learn some basics about the lightsaber.

((I will post in space to give you an intro lesson and let you make a post or two before we arrive.))

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Kirlocca found himself coming and going rather consistently through consciousness. Through the Force, he was able to sense out his padawans along with others. Namely Raven. He was fully unaware of how he got back into the presence of Raven and others within the Jedi Order again, let alone how they even got off the planet, yet here he was. He reached out to touch each mind of both Alleria and Johan, letting them know he was with them, as he was sure they would freak out suddenly being within a med ward. Sitting up, he almost immediately bumped his head on some light that hung over him. A droid nurse seemed to not notice, while the Twi'lek one did.

"Yeah, I guess those lights do hang a bit low for Wookiees. You're injuries seemed fairly straight forward, unlike the Mandalorian woman with you. You may notice that your leg will go numb every so often. Whatever got you, I was unable to actually reverse most of the damage." Kirlocca threw is legs over the side of the operating table that he was on. His left leg did indeed have a slight numb feeling to it where the undead thing got him. With a slow nod, he stood up and put some weight on it. The pain level was very minimal at best.

<< I've had worse... Although I can't truly remember what it felt like. You did well with what transpired to me. >>

The Jedi Master moved to get himself dressed in the clothing that he normally would wear around the Jedi Temple's of old. His own mind had a slight pain when he also thought of Tobias Vos and everything he went through. And I lost the lightsaber he let me borrow... He shook his head as he cast the thought aside. For now, he had far greater things that he needed to be prepared for and to deal with. The loss of material things wouldn't hold him down for the moment. 

Edited by Wookiee Jedi
Style
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlocca found himself slowly moving around the facility, letting a bit of his memory flood within his mind as he walked from hall to hall, letting the Force speak very clearly and fluidity. His pain within his leg was still present, but the Force was sustaining him through it. A gentle reminder to him that no one was above making mistakes, or even losing things. The thought for a moment of old friends, Ara-Lai, Lei-Kim, Kitt and countless others came to his mind, reminding him of how long he had been at it. He remained, while others joined and transformed into the Force. For a moment, he was with them, apart of the living Force. But then a need arose, and those on this side of it pulled him back somehow. It was then that he felt it- Raven. He could feel her suddenly attempt to reach out and touch his mind through the Force. It was enough for him to calmly reach back and let her know that he felt her. 

In fact, she was closer than what he thought. A room above maybe? Reaching out to her opened him up a bit more to every Force user on the planet. He could feel them. Their pains, frustrations, worries and every other feeling slowly oozing into the Force, creating a strong current that was almost impossible to ignore once one realized it was there. He closed his eyes for a moment to breath it in, which was all he could do against it. Letting out a sigh, he opened his eyes and began to move towards Raven. Both of his apprentices were still within a recovery state within the Force, so he didn't feel rushed to be by their side yet. For now, it was beyond clear to him, Raven needed him. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlocca found himself moving almost aimlessly towards Raven. He could suddenly feel her almost calling out to him, but it was not without warning. The room seemed open, yet closed off all at the same time. For him, he knew for certain that he was allowed in, simply because Raven was allowing for him to be present. He knew he had the right room when an Admiral stepped out of the room and offered up a glance at him. Both immediately recognized each other, and both held a different facial expression upon seeing each other. For Admiral Beck Pilon, it was shock followed by a cocky smile. Kirlocca let his own expression be readable to the Admiral by pure surprise. He was certain that such a facial reaction would give the Admiral something to ponder for a few days.  I'm surprised that he's still around, let alone that she kept him around...

The thought faded as he stepped into the room, remaining quiet and let himself hide within the shadows for a moment. There was another Admiral speaking, rather downcasted towards the Jedi. His response to the Jedi Master seemed to be towards a young woman, but he didn't catch everything she said, nor was he certain on if what she said was the focal point. He choose instead to remain quiet and let the Admiral talk. As he stood, he listened, along with providing some quietness to Raven, as he could feel her emotions as the talks went back and forth. After the Admiral finished, he spoke first, alerting everyone to his own presence, followed by him stepping out of the shadows only after speaking.

<< And your stance is absolutely right. Jedi have never been trained to lead defenses of systems, be generals and take command. Our morals almost forbid it. We have no training to do any of this. And even as I say this, I am well aware that I myself have been at the forefront of almost every major battle that has taken place within my lifetime. Yet, by no one here, we have always been called on to act as such, helping to repel and defend worlds because we have the Force, and that seems to be enough for many Rebel generals. And whatever goodness may be tied to us isn't even strong enough to redeem the failures of the Jedi, as acting alone breaks to very nature of what it means to be Jedi. We have been acting outside of what we should, all because of some time ago the political game was tricked by a Sith. The Jedi were tricked as well, by the very same Sith. >>

Kirlocca now unfolded his arms that he was unaware he had folded to begin with. His eyes darted from every single face within the room, resting a bit longer on Raven before continuing on.

<<  Such uses of the Jedi as we are found guilty of are indeed worthy of governing, as it should be. But the Jedi should never be used in such a manner. That right is reserved for the Imperial Knights, whom I have always fully supported and wish to see them grow into a better branch for you. I would love to see the Imperial Knights grow into what you need them to be, governed fully by this council here. But know this, the Jedi are not governed in a sense that maybe you think. We act alongside, but no one outside of the Order is ever in a position to dictate what we do within our own walls. >>

Kirlocca then let out a big breath and folded his arms again. 

<< With such information, know that I do not speak for the entire Jedi Order. I am but a servant of the Council. And with that stance, I am here to help support you in whatever you may need. >>

Edited by Wookiee Jedi
Spelling/Grammar
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Kirlocca let out a sigh and looked down at the ground. The truth be told, he did expect for rebellion to ensue on more worlds that held heavier ties to the old systems. He closed his eyes for a moment before he looked directly at Raven and spoke loudly so that everyone could hear him. 

<< Yes. Rebellion will ensue on worlds that held such strong ties to the old systems. I don't think any war like rebellions per se, but I do foresee some strong resistance and headaches for localized leaders. >> 

He turned towards the Admiral and the queen in the room, addressing them over Raven, who posed the question. It was his way of offering up more assurances to the rest gathered. 

<< The Jedi Order is used to changing and adjusting. Although I would still connect personally with the Grandmaster before anything official can be said for the entire Order. >> 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlocca stood still for a moment, lingering within the moment before him. Many of the others present in the room seemed to have died down and left for some other purpose or another. When it was calm enough, the Wookiee turned towards Raven and offered up a smile, along with opening his arms towards her to allow for her to take the embrace if she felt comfortable enough to do so within the room. 

<< You have quite the assembly here. I've always known you had the right stuff to lead. But I sense something stirring deep down within you... >> 

He let his words hang. He honestly couldn't feel what was stirring within her, only that something was. He wanted her to tell him instead of him prying it out. He trusted her judgement regardless, even if she decided not to tell him. 

• Like 1

Kirlocca took a moment to fully breathe in his inhale of breath that he took while embrace to Raven. As she let herself become more relaxed and leaned upon a table, her voice shifted as she spoke. His own eyes watched her carefully, the rise and fall of her chest as she took in each breath and let it out naturally. She was relaxed for anyone who would observe her, but for him... there was still something like a weight that held within her. He believed her words, as he doubted she did know. Something sat upon her. When she turned to question on him, he knew he would have to answer her, as she would pick up on him not telling the truth. 

<< What I feel is something like a weight that's causing pressure and stirring your emotions. What it is or what's causing it... I can not answer that. But maybe you need some time to heal such tiredness. To recharge your love. To not have the pressure of being everything for everyone. >> 

The Wookiee moved towards her and placed both paws upon her shoulders. 

<< To be Raven. Just Raven. Not an empress, not ruling an empire... >>

Kirlocca then stood up and looked Raven within her eyes. She needed a break. He wished her to take one at will, but he understood that such an option was not really on the table for her.

• 2 weeks later...

Kirlocca looked her in the eyes. He could feel her emotions run wild, her thoughts a haze of different directions. He understood her for a moment, even with the chaos that raged within her. It made her feel more complex than what she let others in on. A smile slowly came to his face as she asked the question. And for a moment, he pondered his own thoughts on the matter. He had always been a Jedi first and foremost. Anything that could put him into a position of feeling any of the strong emotions had been pushed through and fought off so that he could have a clear mind as he operated. Ever since meeting Raven, such emotions were no longer pushed aside or worked through. Instead, they were welcomed to remain. But he had a long journey of letting go of fitting into the mold of what others expected- and within the Jedi Order itself, such expectations were always present. He had learned that lesson long ago. 

Now he stood and looked into Raven's eyes and wondered if he was in a position to fully let go and simply be himself as he was asking Raven do to. As he looked into her eyes, he knew deep down his answer. He pulled her into his body and gave her a strong embrace. 

<< Of course I would still love you. Nothing could change that. And you are more than what you've been doing. You have more than a title, a uniform and a career. You simply need to let those things become less important. >>

He closed his own eyes, soaking in the warmth of the embrace and allowing for his own Force energy to flood the room. To let his presence become fully accessible to her, allowing for her to feel his own thoughts, his own emotions much like he could read hers. He allowed for her to feel the truth within him, which was this. He believed in her, beyond whatever love may blind him to. He had served the galaxy for years, breaking the Jedi Code a few times in order to make the right call, getting exiled for his own beliefs more than once. He stood firm and remained fully Jedi as his resolve was ever strong that being a Jedi was the right thing to do. Now after all of those years, if she asked it, he would leave it all behind to be with her. 

Edited by Wookiee Jedi
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kirlocca watched her slowly as Raven made herself comfortable. Her undoing her buttons was the display of comfort, all the while still holding onto his own hand. He kept his eyes locked upon her eyes, they almost glistened as he stared into them for a moment. He only broke the eye contact upon her kissing him. The wetness of her lips made him realize how long he had starved himself of any self wants. He pulled her in tighter as the kiss lingered for longer than a few seconds. Upon the kiss ending, he let both of his arms slowly put her down on the floor. 

<< For whatever the Force has to offer us, both in this moment and afterwards. You have me. >> 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1