Space

Ary the Grey

A few hours later Piccolo and Luthis hooked up with the remainder of the fleet. He sent a transmission to the Captain.

"You will be able to hear everything that is happening to us. If you lose the feed, or something happens to me, throw everything you have at the Palace, no matter what the cost."

The Captain nodded.

"Understood Sir, good luck."

Piccolo turned the Firespray ship toward Tatooine,

"I'll need it."

As nahstaa's ship moved out of Byss's atmosphere, he breathed a sigh of releif, but still held his disconnection to the force...

As soon as he hit open space, he ran a search for the gateway, and found its co-ordinates immediately... After a few seconds, he was in hyperspace, cruising nicely....

About half an hour later, the ship dropped out of hyper space, and Nahstaa keyed the comm to talk to gateways authorities...

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

A slave ship formerly belonging to the Sith streaks through hyperspace, in a series of preprogrammed and untracable hyperspace jumps. Its destination: Byss...flying on autopilot.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Xae-Lin crept into the cockpit, taking off her trianing helmet and tossing Kyp the training remote (which he deftly caught) she plopped down into the co-pilot's seat next to Kyp as they traveled through Hyperspace. Smiling as she quickly rebraided her hair, Xae-Lin turned the seat so that she faced the Jedi. When she'd first met up with Kyp and had had her first experience travelling at hyperspeed, it had frightened her and enthralled the young teen at the same time. Five years later, and the frightening effect had worn off, but the excitement she felt still remained. The excitement at the unexpected adventure that awaited her in regions of the galaxy that she'd never seen before, was what Xae felt made life worth living. So it was with the adventure in mind that she turned to Kyp, "So tell me about this planet that we're going to, Kyp."

Kyp pulled up a visual of Ossus on the holoprojector. A beautiful blue-tinged planet appeared, backlit between 2 suns.

"The planet Ossus is an important part of Jedi History. The Jedi Temple and Jedi Library were both located there before the Jedi moved them to Coruscant. I found a reference in my Holocron to a Jedi Artifact that I must have missed last time I was there. We're going to retrieve it."

Xae leaned back in the co-pilot's seat and crossed her arms across her chest, raising an eyebrow at Kyp, "So tell me, Kyp...Do you give vague answers just to annoy me? Or to make me think?"

Inwardly, Kyp laughed... he never really thought about it, as it seemed so simple to him."I always knew that one day I'd start your training as a Jedi... a Jedi must be constantly aware of their surroundings, as you reminded me the other day. One reason I am 'vague' it to make you stop and think... to pay closer attention to detail and such. Another reason is because many of the Jedi's teachings depends on a person's own point of view. If you let the Force guide your actions, the meanings become less 'vague', and things start to come into focus."

Xae looked slightly annoyed, but she knew that Kyp was right. "So I just need to focus more?" She pressed a few buttons and brought up a screen that had some of the basic information on the planet. "The force is older than I thought...What happened to all the Jedi? Shouldn't there be more if the force has been in use for this long?"

A saddened expression appeared on the Jedi's face... He knew the time would come when she'd ask this question. He remembered when he'd asked Mast Luke pretty much the same question, all those years ago at the Jedi Academy on Yavin IV. It had taken Luke a while to answer, as it took a Kyp a long moment to compose his thoughts now. After a couple minutes, he finally sighed and answered her."A long time ago, I asked my master, Luke Skywalker, the same question. He told me that when his father, Anakin Skywalker, fell to the Dark Side and became Darth Vader, He and Emperor Palpatine sought to wipe out the Jedi. The did this because the Jedi were the only ones who could threaten Palpatine's power. They all but succeeded in their efforts too. Had it not been for Obi-Wan and Master Yoda, the Jedi might well have been wiped out a long time ago"

She met his eyes, sensing a quiet pain in him," Master Luke...you quote him often, I recognize the name." Xae looked back out across the star-streaks, white tendrils on the blackness of space, as she continued, "Then there is still hope...you said that all races have the potential to be Jedi...that means there are more of you...us out there." The auburn-headed teen turned back to Kyp, "And that Palpataine guy is gone, isn't he? Tiana, the other newcomer mentioned that she and the other Jedi had only arrived there a few days before we did. Where is Hoth?" Xae-Lin's first encounter with the other Jedi had sparked far more questions in her quick mind than answers.

"It's on the other side of the Galaxy from where we're going. The rebel alliance had a base there shortly after the first Death Star was destroyed at the Battle of Yavin."

Suddenly, an urgent beeping started emanating from the Navicomputer control panel.

"We're coming up on Ossus... We'll continue this conversation once we're planet-side."

Kyp reached for the Hyperdrive Actuator Lever, and the blue-white swirl of hyperspace resolved itself into starlines...

((Continued in the Ossus Thread))

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Taking a roundabout route of randomly-selected and untracable jump points, Ben'a Solo's snubfighter makes its way through space to the lush cradle of life that is Naboo.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

In a series of jumps and reversions, Forn Dodonna makes her way across the galaxy. After each jump, she sends the co-ordinates for the next one via heavlly encrypted and untracable comms to Gabrial Zion, leading him along to a secret destination.

FornAvatarsig2.jpg

"The Emperor has made a critical error, and the time for our

attack has come..." Mon Mothma, Return of the Jedi

Keiran made his way through hyperspace, hot on the trail of Gabrial Zion, using the tracker he planted on the man's proton torpedo. Keiran made sure his hyperspace trajectories were not tracked and that no ship planted any tracking beacons on his own ship.

siggggy5ko.jpg

Onderin sat by, admiring how his Master was hot on the trail. He also admired how Keiran had accomplished the task without vilolence. That was just the Jedi Onderin wanted to be. Capable of fighting, but only in the worst of situations.

He sat back and enjoyed the hunt, glad that his Master had once been a decent bounty hunter. He smiled.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Taidan Kush'anis exited the Ryloth system and shot toward the Byss system.

"Give me the storm of thought and action rather than the dead calm of ignorance and faith. Banish me from Eden when you will, but first let me eat from the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge."- Robert Ingersoll

A few systems south of Coruscant, the mercenary led fleet came out of hyperspace, only half victorious. But the mission had not ended, not until that Piccolo scum was dead and buried. Preferrably without all of his limbs.

Mike swivelled his chair around, to face the other mercenaries, and the Hutt troops.

"Well, the those Imperial entanglements back there means we are going to have to take another route to kill those Black Sun cowards. We are taking the fight to them down on the planet. Commander, get me 15 of your most Elite troops. Also, get the armourer to get up here with his most powerful cutting device. We are going in, and we are going in hard, so stock up on weapons and armour."

With that, Mike got up from his seat and made his way back to the hangar were his ship was berthed. Making his way inside, he walked over to a strongbox sitting in the armoury, and punched in the 8-digit code. Reaching in the locker, he pulled out a suit of armour which he had taken from another Black Sun cronie. A suit of Eclipse armour

Well, looks like that potential truce with Black Sun is officially out of the question Mike chuckled

Mike removed his armour that he was wearing, changing for the moment into clothing which loosely resembled that of a jedi. Moments after Mike finished changing, there was a knock on the boarding ramp, and as Mike exitted his ship, he saw the ship's armourer standing there with a blow torch.

"You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, take this suit of armour and remove every piece of useable metal from it, graft the slivers to my Dura armour."

"Yes sir, I will do that right away." The armourer replied promptly, taking both suits of armour from the bounty hunter and making his way back to the armoury.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Patch sat on the bridge, in his chair, going over his weapons. Patch calibrated all of them, making sure that their sights were laser straight and that they would be in prime condition for the upcoming battle. After going over his weapons, Patch proceeded to an empty hangar and activated his jetpack. He took a few runs around the hangar, priming the jetpack and re-aquainting himself with the physics of personal flight. After finishing that, Patch made his way to the mercenary's hangar and leaned against his own TIE Defender, as he waited for the rest of the group to ready themselves.

Rane Scando head to his ship, the Shadow Rider. The ship's boarding ramp extends as the veteran bounty hunter draws closer. Scando walks up the ramp, and heads straight to the back of the ship. In the cargo hold, Scando pulls a large metal crate down from the top of a row of storage lockers. After placing the metal crate on the floor, Scando kneels down and slides the crate's top back. Smiling to himself, Scando pulls out his new Merr-Sonn PLX portable missile launcher, his new Golan Arms FC-1, his new electro-magnetic pulse blaster, and a belt of thermal detonators and concussion grenades. Scando places all of the weapons, and a good supply of ammunition. Standing, the veteran bounty hunter next opens up one of the storage lockers, and pulls out, piece by piece, a suit of black armor.

Rane Scando then strips down to his undergarments, and begins to put on the black armor. Scando had designed the armor himself, year ago in the Outer Rim. Completely covered up to his neck, Scando then attaches the belt of thermal detonators and concussion grenades around his waist. Next, the veteran bounty hunter slides his RS-X blaster pistol into place, attaches the ammunition cases to the back of his belt, and then slings the Golan Arms FC-1 and the electro-magnetic pulse blaster across his back. Lastly, Scando pulls a black helmet down from one of the storage lockers and put it on - the helmet is completely black except for a single horizontal red line where his eyes are. Picking up the Merr-Sonn PLX portable missile launcher, Scando exits the Shadow Rider and heads back to the bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

A tranmission came in from Marcus in an unkown sector of the galaxy,

"Mercenaries, I am merely calling to remind you of your mission. There is no rush, I have seen the Holonet reports, and I'm sure a job of this magnitude is a far more lucrative venture. I just didn't want you to forget your other obligations."

Transmission ends.

Patch watched as Scando boarded the Shadow Rider and came out fully clad in black armor.

"Looks pretty cool... but I'm sure it's more than just for looks..."

Patch walked over to the armourer before he could head off and asked.

"Sir, may I request you fabricate a suit of armour for me as well? I would like it to be dark red and be able to stand a reasonable amount of punishment. Can you please also include visual adapters in the helmet for when I need to use a little more than my naked eye to locate quarry?"

"Yes sir"

Patch watched as the man proceeded to his workstation. He then followed Scando out of the hangar and headed for the bridge.

"Finally a little action," he thought to himself. Rising from his seat once more, the young hunter walked casaully along the corridor to the turbolift and upon entering it he hit the button that would take him to the hangar. The ride was a quick one and with a *swoosh* it came to a halt and Tekkan stepped off the lift and walked towards his ship. With the ramp lowering he quickly walked onto the ship and made his way to his make-shift armory...which weapons to take. He already had his SoroSuub pistols, but decided taking his dual DL-44s couldn't hurt any and he holstered them in his belt behind him. Removing the two thermal detonators from his belt he reconnected them to his bandolier and slung them over his shoulder diagonally, six thermal detonators in all. Next he reached for his trusty E-11/S Blaster Rifle and after placing a fresh power pack in it he placed it on the bench beside him. Next he pulled out his big gun, his Stouker Concussion Rifle and after placing fresh ammo in it he slung it over his shoulder. Next in line was darts for his gauntlet launcher and after weighing the fact that there would be no captures today he loaded the launcher with three fast-acting poison darts.

He placed the approtiate ammunition for each weapon into the various pouches of his belt and before leaving he grabbed his helmet and placed it on his head. It was silver in color and his narrow upside-down triangle visor provided adequate visual capabilities. After making sure to take his E-11/S, he stepped insid the turbolift once more he stopped off on the ship's armory division and after some fast talking he managed to get his hands on three explosive darts, very compact...but very powerful. Entering the lift once again he got off on the level of the bridge and walked into the control room, taking his swivel seat that overlooked the starline.

The Bounty Hunting world's one man scourge

TekkanRaas.jpg

So between the flowers and steak I'm saying "I kill stuff for you. Please like me."

Mike sat cross legged on the floor in his ship, stretched out in front of him was the paper scroll which the Hermit had presented him. His eyes intently searching the scroll, reading up on several techniques, but one in particular, Force Whirlwind. He began reading about the execution of this particular technique.

It was, essentially, a manipulation of his telekenisis, however instead of being just a push or a pull, it was a swirl of power, creating what would best be described as a tornado.

There were many ways of performing this manuever, it could be directed at a single person, to lift them off the ground and spin them. It could be made bigger to knock down a small group of people or it could be made to focus around the person who is executing it, putting them in the calm 'eye of the storm' and wreaking havoc all around them.

Since it was a simple manifestation of telekenisis, it would be rather easy to perform, once one knew the theory behind it.

After reading the whole passage on the technique thoroughly, Mike got up and exitted his ship, walking out into the hangar and finding an unused tool box.

Opening it up, he emptied the contents infront him, and began concentrating on the currents of the Force, using them to swirl around the area infront of him, glancing down, he saw the tools begin to move, he concentrated harder, willing the air and the objects to move in a swirl, within moments, Mike had found a rhythms, concentrating on the molecules of the target, pushing and pulling, lifting and spinning, as the small swirl infront of him became a full on mini tornado, violently twisting and turning.

He continued concentrating, keeping the impromptu storm raging.

BHMikebanner1.jpg

Rane Scando sends a message to Mike Attard.

"I think I am going to send the fleet back to Bespin. Having the fleet wander through hyperspace is costing Ob Ordeena money, and I for one don't want it to come out of my share. If things turn messy back at Coruscant, I'm sure we can call them back. What do you think?"

The message distracted Mike, making it harder to keep the whirlwind going. Deciding that the practice was successful, Mike let go of the tools infront of him.

Unfortunately, their momentum sent several of the tools hurtling towards him.

Mike pulled his lightsaber off his belt, igniting it with a snap hiss, bringing the blade up and slashing through the middle of the hydrospanner aimed at his head, halting it's momentum. He spun the blade downward, similarly stopping the power calibrator aimed at his knee and the fusion cutter aimed at his groin in a single swipe.

The remaining tools clattered to the ground, a few striking his ship, but not even scratching the paint on the armour.

Mike returned the message to Rane

"Sounds good, as soon as we depart have them return to Bespin, but be on critical alert, we may need to contact them if there is a problem."

After sending the message to Rane, Mike made his way over to the armourer's workshop, finding his armour ready and waiting for him. Thanking the armourer, he took the suit of modified dura-armour and went back to his ship to prepare for the coming hunt.

Once in his ship, Mike stripped down and put on his blaster dampening body glove, followed by his newly modified dura armour, which provided great mobility and protection at the same time. Once the armour was securly fastened, Mike began getting his weapons, first, a pair of MM-9 wrist rocket systems, which had small energy shields grafted onto the sides. Then, he put on his gun belt and shoulder holsters, placing new power packs and gas in his S-5 security blasters, he holstered two of them at his shoulders and hip, then placing two freshly reloaded Enforcer pistols in the holsters at the back of his belt.

Next came his flechette pistol, a Malaxan FWG-5 flechette launcher, holstered on his left leg, and a DEMP pistol holstered on his right. He took his throwing glaive slipping into it's place on his belt, next to all the ammo he kept.

Finally, he holstered his two favourite weapons. The vibro katana which he made himself back in the day, which was sheathed on his back. And the silver lightsaber which was given to him by the Hermit, placed on his belt.

He put on his black trenchcoat, which contained armourweave, shadow silk and chromasheath, able to provide both protection, camoflauge and able to cover his weapons from prying eyes.

Then, finally, his helmet, which was one of the most feared 'faces' in the galaxy, a modified, matte black Clone trooper helmet, reinforced and provided with several different sensors.

Ensuring he had sufficient ammunition, including both poison darts, luma darts and explosive darts for his MM-9s, Mike was about to exit the ship, however as an after thought, he returned to his personal armoury, grabbing an A280 blaster rifle, as well as ammo. Slinging the weapon over his shoulder, Mike walked out of his ship and back up to the bridge.

The hunt was about to begin

BHMikebanner1.jpg

The quiet solitude of deep space, reknowned for its reflective qualities, found Jaina mooning over her past. Silently, she stared out the viewscreen at the starlines that were searing past the Traitor's Hope. Ish came up silently behind her, and she turned to smile.

"Hey," she said warmly. "You bored?"

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

Rane Scando paces back and forth on the bridge of the Imperial Star Destroyer that is housing the mercenaries and each of their individual ships. Although the veteran bounty is wearing heavy armor, and is loaded down with numerous weapons, his steps are quick. As Scando paces back and forth, out beyond the Imperial Star Destroyer the rest of the mercenary fleet prepares to jump back to Bespin. As the last of the mercenaries, Mike Attard, emerges, the last ship of the mercenary fleet jumps into hyperspace. With that, Scando turns to Attard.

"We've changed the Star Destroyer's codes, it now registers as the Silent Moon - a defender belonging to a smuggling fleets. The change is thorough, we won't raise any eyebrows when we come out of hyperspace. Now, we'll be coming out on the far side of the planet, I figure we'll just head straight to the surface in a shuttle. Then we go to work. Sound good?"

Scando leaves the question hanging in the air, and turns to one of the command crew's officers. With a small wave of his hand, Scando tells the officer to go ahead and jump to lightspeed. With that, the veteran bounty hunter turns back to his three companions.

"Does a wild bantha crap in the desert," laughed Ish in reply to Jaina's question. A broad smile came across his face. Gathering himself he straightened up and officially replied, "you could say I'm bored."

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

Setting the autopilot on as they enter hyperspace, Mathis disengages his controls and turns to his apprentice. Returning to the familiar position of clasping his hands in front of his chest, he reaches for the Force.

"Nom, I know you have succeeded in your quest, but no quest is perfect. Tell me about how it all went.

As Nom starts to open his mouth to speak, Mathis waves a finger in his direction. Using the Force, he provides more instruction.

I want you to use the Force to tell your tale. It's like sensing someone, just opposite. You want to use the Force to transmit your thoughts, instead of recieving others.

OOC: I forget if I taught you this before, so just go with it if I have.

mathis-1.jpg

Jaina laughed, the sweet, lighthearted sound seeming to brighten up the darkened interior of the ship.

"Very cute," she laughed. "So - Ish - tell me about yourself, and where you came from. I get to hear so little about 'normal' peoples' lives."

53bzzl2.png

...why are the pretty ones always the most hazardous to your health?

May the Forth therve you well...

"Hmmm...Lets see where should i start," said Ish with a curious look.

He had so much to say, but wanted to make it as short and conscice as possible.

"Well I hail from Dantooine...I don't know if you know where that is exactly, but it's a bit more towards the outer rim." Ish leaned against the side of the passage that he had come in from to where Jaina was.

"My family was just a bunch of farmers, but we specialized as well in the growth of almost every single type of flora and fauna that grew in the Dantooine system. I came to be well versed in plants, and that would have to be one of my true hobbies I'd say. The study of plants....The healing powers the toxicity of the beautiful ones with flowers, and shear magnitude of growth they can attain in such a short time," as Ish said this he looked up above himself again as if looking at some giant tree.

"At one point the rebel alliance had a base there which my family lived near. As a child I always admired the soldiers guarding the base, and even made friends with a few." A glum expression came over Ish's face. "Eventually they had to move because of constant threat from what I now know is the Empire. Before they did, I sat down with one of the soldiers and he told me the story about the Jedi academy and all the special powers a Jedi possessed. He said he had dealt with a few Jedi, and they were extremely admirable beings. As I grew into a teenager I found that I had a special ability to help the plants grow and prosper. I was shunned by a lot of people for that fact that they thought I was going to curse them. My family stuck behind me all the time, and a few friends did as well." Ish fondled the lightsaber on his belt that he had been issued on Hoth...nothing more than a harsh memory of tough times.

Ish walked over to a seat as Jaina jestured to him to sit, and planted himself with a sigh....."I began to search more and more about the Jedi, and read as much information on them as possible. Which wasn't easy to find information about them, because they had plenty of enemies just as the rebels did....and...One day I just had this calling whether it be of personal intuition or from the force I dont know, but I found my way to the Jedi temple on Hoth. We were attacked there soon after i began my training, and we were forced to flee to a new base"..."Which I am sure you are able to find with the force," Ish said sarcasticly....Deep down he honeslty believed Jaina would find the vessel deep in the sea on Manaan.

"It wasn't an easy time at all dealing with the assault on the Jedi base, and many a good Jedi and hopeful fell." We are better off now than ever before though, you should see the new academy. It's brilliant!" Ish's voice came back from the deep dark depths it was sounding at to a resounding tone. He was happy he had made good friends in the academy, and now what appeared to be a very wise Jedi was actually conversing with him. He figured at the least he would be able to pick up a thing or two to help him along the way....maybe more.

Ish placed his hands down on the table. "I guess that is the basis of it all...I'm in danger of getting long winded," he said with a chuckle. " Anything I haven't answered for you," he asked.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!