Space

Ary the Grey

"I am going to put these restraints on you now. Resistance is futile."

The droid bends over and grabs the woman's two wrists. Pulling her away from the wall, the droid paces her arms behind her wrists and binds them using a pair of strange manacles ”“ the droid attached them tightly.

"I suspect we'll arrive shortly. The raptor is an old ship; the hyperdrive is not as efficient as other, more modern ships."

A long needle then extends from the droid's arm.

"Do you have any requests before I insert this?"

Leo kisses Maras forehead.

"Power is not everything Mara. I had power and I was evil. I cared for only myself and getting more power. Power which I would use to control my life. Now I still have that power inside me, but I wiluse it to allow the Force to control me as well as protect our children. Knowledge is the real power, if I had as much knowledge as you, I would have stayed away from the guy who killed my father. It was obvious he was more skilled than me, but I didnt care. You are smarter than I am, which will protect our children more than my power. Always remember that."

"And about the wedding, Im sure we could have it now. Im sure there is a religous droid somewhere around this place. As soon as we find it we can get married."

Leo looks deep into her eyes and can see how much she loves him.

asdfgcopy.jpg

The droid grabs Reagan McGreggor by the hair and pulls her head back. The droid then inserts the needle into the woman's neck, and pumps the strange intoxicants into her body. Taking a step back, the droid watches the results ”“ McGreggor immediately slumps forward.

Rane Scando's voice drifts through the cell.

"It won't be much longer. I hope you have sweet dreams."

The bounty hunter, at the Raptor's controls, then prepares a message to send to one of his business associates.

Mara looked into Leo's eyes and smiled. Even if I do have knowlege, I can't very well use it very well, if I have no power. Maybe if we combine our skills, we can protect our children better than either of us would be able to alone. If we are to do this though, we have to be together much of the time in their early years.

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

"What does the Force tell you?"

The young Padawan pondered that for a moment before he closed his eyes and expanded his mind to the farthest reaches of the Force. He opened his mind up to the Living Force, to himself, to Master Akturus...but it wasn't enough. They were in space now, with the only living beings in the proximity being the two of them, so that was out of the question. No, he had to connect to the Unifying Force, something which has plagued his whole life. Everytime he concentrates on the future is mind is ripped apart with a haunting vision of things to come. Maybe it happened for a reason, maybe the Force was trying to tell him of his destiny.

"Master be prepared for anything...this could turn out bad."

He let go of his thoughts, let them drift away from the here and the now, he forgot all that he was and all that he had done. He expanded his thoughts to the future, concentrating on the events that have yet to unfold. He could feel a vision coming now...but he was ready. A flash of the icy planet came before his eyes, there was a cave....darkness beckoned from its depths but he knew that they had to go there, his mind flashed to a man...with the wings of an angel and the birth of new beginnings. Crystals...they were everywhere, the luminous colors bouncing off rays of light of such beauty only a poet could describe. But darkness waited in the shadows, but the time for running was over. A death on Trulalis flashed again...the same Jedi showed himself, the same symbol cursed his mind, and all the while a snap-hiss of a weapon being activated could be heard.

The apprentice let go of his thoughts once more, hurtling him away from the future and bringing him back to the here and the now. For once the Unifying Force had graced him, instead of damning his existance.

"Master, we will find exactly what we need..."

Edited by Guest

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Leo smiles at Mara.

Yes she is smarter than me.

He gets readyto say something when he feels something in the Force. A virgance. Like someone was sensing him but not concealing the fact that he was. Either not afriad of Leo and Mara, or not trained enoughto conceal himself. He knew this could be good or bad. He opens himself up the Force, to let it flow through him and bring him answers.

A beautiful sword moves gracefully through the air. But it was steeped in the darkside. He could feel energy waiting to be realsed inside, as well as a spirit screaming for power. A finger slides across a a switch a red beam erupts from the other side of the blade. It was pure evil. He could feel the evil radiating off and infecting the one holding it and the one near him. The view backs off and he sees an unknown man holding the weapon of evil. He sees a familiar face as the one who is being affected by the after evil, possibly the the truer evil.

Leo comes back to reality sweating from the power of the evil. It was almost enough to bring him backto the darkside. But there was one thing he needed, the darkside would never have. Mara. She would be the one thing that keeps him in the light. But soon he would have two more reasons.

He gives his best wishes to the one who was sensing him. Hoping his future would change from dark to light.

Leo looks to Mara with care in his eyes.

"I love you."

asdfgcopy.jpg

Mara too feels another mind touching her own. She can not tell who it is or what they are doing, she does not have enough training for anything like that yet. In time she hoped to be able to refine her skills to be able to touch people other than Leo.

She smiles back at him, and replies,

"I love you too."

jadedfin.jpg

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.

Mara sat down on the couch next to Leo.

"That person I was with when you left was Xax, a childhood friend. I still don't know very much about my past, because we had to pick up his ship, and then not to long after that, you found us, and he left, but he did tell me a little bit. He told me that my parents were semi-rich diplomats, as were his. The reason that he did not know very much about me was that after about a year I misteriously disapeared. My parents did leave some money in his care to give to me if he ever found me. Other than that, he was not really able to tell me much."

jadedfin.jpg

Leo says to Mara.

"I think we could use that money for the twins. We could buy them everything they would ever need. I probably sound like I only love you for your money now. But I don't. I loved you before, I even knew who you were. I loved you before I know your name. I told you this on Dagobah, when I knew we would both die."

Leo takes her hand in his.

"But that money could help our children."

asdfgcopy.jpg

"That is actualy what I was thinking too. I know that you don't just love me because of the money. I can read it in your eyes."

Mara laid her head on Leo's shoulder and closed her eyes.

"What time is it, I'm tired."

jadedfin.jpg

Leo looks at his watch and says.

"Good Lord, Its time for you to get some sleep. Ill wake you when the time is right."

Leo helps Mara into the bed and he overs her with the sheets. He kisses her cheek and walks out tothe living room. He uses the Force and lifts himself into the air. He holds himself in the air, to improve his Force endurance.

He watches Mara as she sleeps, knowing her presence, her alone, would keep his going.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Mara watche Leo lift himself into the air as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

She was sitting in a strange room, watching three people chasing each other around the chair she sat in. There were two young boys, about 3 or 4, and an adult. She realized with a jolt that the adult was Leo. That must mean that the boys were the twins. They were laughing and shouting, they looked so happy. She had not seen that type of look on Leo's face before, he was absoultely exctatic. Then the danger sense in the back of her mind went off. Something or someone was coming. Something purly evil. She and Leo started rounding up the boys to go hide in a back room. They had just made it into the room when the dore broke in. She turned around, and what she saw was beyond all belief. It was a man, but he was faceless, and was carrying a lit lightsaber. He started moving toward them, and...

She woke up screaming, covered in a cold sweat.

jadedfin.jpg

Leos concentration is broke as Mara wakes up screaming. He hit the ground and imediately heads to her side. As he reaches her, he gets down on his knees and holds her sweating hands.

"What happened baby. You were sleepig just fine, and then your screaming. I hope you havent caught my sense of vision. That would be bad."

He says hoping to make her smile.

"What happened?"

asdfgcopy.jpg

Mara looked at Leo, and attempted a smile.

"I think I might have caught onto your visions. I was sitting in an unfirmiliar room, watching you playing with the twins, who are both boys by the way, and I felt an incredible evil. You and I started leading the boys into a different room with a back door, and the door came crashing in. I looked back, and there was a man standing there, only he had no face. He was holding a lit lightsaber, and started coming our way. That was when I woke up."

jadedfin.jpg

Leo holds Mara to him and says.

"It will be ok. I promise you. Noone will hurt these children. I would give my life before that happened, but hopefully I wont have to. Think nothing of these visions."

"Now how about some Force Training before Tristin starts training you. some thinga to keep thses visions under control. I can stop them when I want or I can just let them keep . But you have no control over yours. If you wanted I could teach you more things than that, I would prefer not to teach you anything, becuase I could go wrong and teach something evil. But I dont want you to drive yourelf crazy over these visions. So what do you want to do."

Leo says hoping she will choose the right answer.

asdfgcopy.jpg

"I think I would like for you to train me a little. I don't think you would teach me something evil, and if you do, then I just will ignor it or whatever."

jadedfin.jpg

Leo smiles knowing it was hard to block evi;, when you had never experienced it.

"Ok. I will teach you somethings. But I wont teach you any fighting techniques. OK. Tocommunicate your thoughts to someone else. Or speak with the Force. You ned to think of what you need to say first of all. Then open yourself to the Force. You could think that its a wave carrying your words from yourself to another person. Or it could be a paper, you have written. Just implant it into their minds. Want them to hear it. Try it. Try and tell me something."

Leo sits down and keeps the Force from reaching out and reading her thoughts.

asdfgcopy.jpg

Mara visualized the words I love you written on a piece of paper. She then thought as hard as she could about sending that "paper" to Leo.

jadedfin.jpg

Mara walks back to the bed with Leo. She falls asleep in the comfort of his arms, knowing that no dreams will plague her sleep this time. In a galaxy full of danger and uncertanty, this was the one place she felt completly safe, in the arms of her love.

jadedfin.jpg

From the folds of his cloak, the Jedi Knight produces a small device. The device is circular, a few centimeters high, and has several buttons protruding from one end. Akturus presses one of the buttons, and the device's top begins to glow.. A moment later, a hologram of a lightsaber appears. Akturus smiles, and presses another button. The hologram of the lightsaber disappears for a moment, and then a vertical cross-section of the same lightsaber appears. Akturus turns off the projector, and passes it over to Andon.

"This is a design of a basic crystal lightsaber. As you know, the lightsaber is the cardinal weapon of a Jedi Knight. You will construct yours on Ilum, once we're done with a few other exercises, of course. It is an elegant weapon..."

Akturus left it at that. The Jedi Knight peers down at the two lightsabers attached to his own belt ”“ his own, and the one his father constructed years before. After a moment, Akturus returns his attention to the controls.

The Padawan graciously took the holoprojector his Master handed over to him and like he was shown, pressed a button on the side of the device producing a hologram of a lightsaber. He looked it over for a few minutes and pressed a different button and a 3-D list of all the parts needed were shown, including pictures of what the parts looked like. It seemed simple enough: a power conduit, an emitter matrix, power cell, recharge socket, lens assemby, a focusing crystal or two; it could be done. Andon was always mechanically gifted but that wouldn't help his now, it took discipline and years of constant practice to become a skilled-swordsman like his Master; but it could be done. A master swordsman like Master Akturus's father...

"Master, what happened on Hoth..when we were outside training? It was right before that carosel of ice shards moved in on me and before you called back your father's lightsaber. That micro-second before you called it back, I sensed a change in you. It was only a second, but your normal neutral emotion output was replaced with a combination of rage and fear. What was that Master?"

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

A red light on one of the control panels begins to flash ”“ Rane Scando tears his eyes away from the display screen showing the insides of the cell, and returns his attention to the controls. The bounty hunter throws several switches to his right, and then pushes forward on a control stick ”“ a second later, the Raptor emerges out of hyperspace. Tatooine hung in the distance, looking very much like a huge ball of dust ”“ which wasn't far from the truth. Scando rises from his seat at the controls, and makes his way to the cargo hold; one of Scando's two droids takes over at the controls.

Scando opens the Raptor's single cell and sees Reagan McGreggor on the floor. The bounty hunter checks his prisoner's restraints, tightens her wrist manacles, and then exits the cell. Outside the cell, Scando turns to his other droid and orders it to keep watch ”“ the droid nods.

The Raptor rockets to Mos Eisley. The ship sets down in a covered hangar. After paying the hangar's owner, Scando makes his way to the Mos Eisley Cantina.

The Imperial II Star Destroyer with Captain Phillep as her Commanding Officer and her massive girth entered the void of space and as he paced back and forth pensively.

The ship descended soon into Honoghr's atmosphere upon Admiral Payne's orders. "Enforce Imperial authority." He mumbled to himself.

phillep.jpg

--Holo to the Rebel Alliance--

*Raiden's ass appeared on the monitors again, only this time with a smiley face drawn on it.*