Space

Ary the Grey

Ka-rith had stood firm in her position the entire time on the imperial ship. The words that passed through her ears did not bother her at all, but the aura of the other female there had off-set her a bit. Something about her was just”¦odd for lack of a better word. Never the less Ka followed Lycus away and into his ship. She found a private area on board the ship quickly.

She took a few minutes to get comfortable before beginning. Slowly she closed her eyes and crossed her legs, searching for her personal point of balance. The second she tried though, the flood gate within her mind was opened up. The death at her hands”¦all of the sins she had committed. The good and the bad seemed to mix together”¦the bad was required to reach a state of good it seemed.

karmysigcopy.jpg

Lycus looked at Ka-Rith. She had taken her time getting to his quarters, during which Lycus had become distracted looking at a various viewscreens of reports on buisness and news from around the core worlds. As Ka-Rith came in he spun in his chair and leaned back as she told of someone in need.

"A force user you say?" Lycus said his words thick with suscpision. So far Ka-Rith had done everything that Lycus had asked of her, though a true test of her skills and abilities was still in the offing. Lycus considered that it was a trap...a trick to lure him into unfamliar territory. Still the information he had collected on the ways of the jedi and Sith had reveiled that such a thing was possible, though remote. "Miss Ka you are a mysterious one..." He said as he snapped off his display screens.

Walking towards her he stopped a few feet from where she stood. "We will go to Korriban...and let us both hope that your senses are correct, my clients on Corellia will not appreciate our tardiness." He turned on a dime and moved to a small control panel near the entrance of his quarters. Pushing a button the captain of the vessel squawked back a response. "Captain, alter your course...Korriban is our new destination."

Walking back to his desk Ka-Rith Lycus looked her in the eyes as he spoke. "I wanted to be sure about something. As yet I have not tested your abilities, nor seen an example of your skill. I offer you a test, one that you alone must face." Touching a button on his desk, a small door slid open on his right. There was a humanoid figure, a tall gangly assasin droid, its large articulated arms where menacing and every hand had five razor sharp claws. Its face was less a face then it was a collection of sensors and data collectors.

"This droid is the latest in a line of Battle Droids' built by several quiet contractors, it is called the Lyger12, its is one of the most intelligent droid ever built, and it is designed to do one thing...kill. It is impervious to all but turbolasers, and its claws are lined with the same matierial used to make armor imperivious to that weapon on your shapely waste...this is your test...Corellia was to be its first trial, it will be released on Corellia, its job will be to kill several troublesome small time gang leaders, afterwhich it is to be destroyed to prevent it from being traced to its creators. Your job will be to track it, and destory it completely."

The "Canus One" began its approach to Korriban.

thorpe.jpg

"A New Age of Corporate controlled prosperity is upon us...say goodbye to chaos and dischord."

Stars shot past in a noiseless dance of dazzling lights, the fiery pinpoints wheeling and whirling as the vessel shot through the field of lights. One might notice an odd flare to this particular craft immediately, it being that the glaring engines failed to glow their normal red but instead gave off a deep blue radiance. On a second glance, an onlooker would note the intricate pattern of black serpents weaving its way across the entire craft, each one devouring the tail of the one before it. The endless cycle of life.

And thus the vessel streaked towards the sphere of Vjun, the pilot responding to that flashing indication of an urgent message. The only thing out of place was that, well, he responded to it before it started flashing. The holotranciever buzzed to life, the visage of his supportive droid brought into being by the wonder of technology, words flowing forth.

"Darth Exodus, Sir. Your required destination has been implemented, Further assistance will be noticed when alarmed, Good day."

Exodus smiled to himself as the message played itself out and faded from view, his eyes glancing up at the fast approaching world ahead and reassuring himself that soon he would be flying over it's lush canopies again, a thoroughly relaxing occasion that the Sith Lord looked forward too.

Exodus eased his intricately decorated craft closer to the atmoshperic proportions, performing a few rolls and darting around the larger mass for a short time, before pressing a very unique button. He had modified his beloved vessel to his tastes not long ago, and this was one of the features added. Outside, in the cold of space the radiant blue of those engines pulsed with a new light, the sudden burst of propulsion turning the craft into a far off dot.

The vessel plunged through the atmosphere, cutting it like a knife and soaring over a blurred field of jungle trees. The effects of its boost wore off and the vast green carpet below began to show its more detailed features. If only the Sith could hear more of the undergrowth's sounds from here. The temple reared up and the craft slowed further, it's pilot manoeuvring it to land within the main hanger. The cockpit hissed open and the form of Mallichae Syn emerged, lowering himself from the vessel and removing his helmet to reveal a head of black hair, his legs beginning to carry him on a leisurely walk towards the unknown..

P3UXctm.gif

Lycus studied the monitors of the medical bay. There several doctors treated the twilek, and began repairing the physical scars to his body. "Its' amazing Mr. Lycus, this man is lucky to have survived, its as if his entire body was attacked at the same time on a celluar level. If this had been anyone else he would have long perished before we arrived. He is still unconcious."

"Keep me informed on his condition doctor, and I want the guard doubled in your medical bay. In case there is some sort of confrontation." Lycus said with a slight grimace. One force user was acceptable, but two added another dimension to the situation. Lycus concluded that only time would tell if this man was more trouble then he was worth. He returned to his monitoring the Holonet.

thorpe.jpg

"A New Age of Corporate controlled prosperity is upon us...say goodbye to chaos and dischord."

Ka watched over the man in the medical bay, she had already claimed any and all weapons he had in his possession. It was a mystery how he had come to be on that planet without a ship, someone must have left him there to die. That seemed to be the way of the Sith though, so Ka was not at all surprised. He must have been considered weak and not worth the time. Perhaps he would corporate.

Through the force she monitored his body. It was in a bad way, but he would be fine. If any of the stories she had heard and gathered from personal experience were true”¦then he would gain power from it all. Slowly she moved towards his table, looking over his unconscious body as she moved closer. She ran her hand over his battered face, wondering what kind of life he had that lead up to him being abandoned”¦

”œDoes anyone ever deserve to be abandoned as I have, as he was?”

karmysigcopy.jpg

Anoon became conscious long before opening his eyes. He felt revived and much stronger although still felt the everpresent pain.

Bondara stretched out with the Force. He sensed several doctors, although their attention was diverted from him at this time. He also felt the presence of various heavily armed guards.

Without opening his eyes Anoon swiveled his body round on the bed on which he lay and sat up. Ripping free several cords, that were connected to various points on his body as he stood. The doctors turned in shock to look at the Twi'Lek.

Anoon cringed on the inside, his hole body vibrated with needle sharp pain. Broken ribs, fractured skull, bruised organs.

"Ummm sir, you shouldn't realy be moving at this stage." Stammered a doctor, aproaching Anoon. "Your body suffered a great degree of damage."

"Move." Bondara siad, hiding his pain behind a face of stone. The doctor retreated, his face full of fear.

Anoon moved to the door where his path was blocked by the guards.

"Get me clothes." Bondara said, still naked from his operations. "Onec you have done that, take me to your captain."

Ka stood at the doorway in front of the man. Her lip curled in disgust at the way he spoke. He was in no position to speak to her or any other on board this ship in that way. If not for her, he would surely have died. Ignoring his tone she grabbed a set of robes from a table in the room and shoved them into his chest. She had no time to waste on him, even if she had no other job to do at the moment.

”œGet dressed, quickly.”

karmysigcopy.jpg

Anoon smiled at the woman's tone. As they marched down the corridor he glanced down at Ka, watching with amusement how she eyed him suspiciously.

When they reached the apparent captain, Anoon walked forward bowing.

"Anoon Bondara at your service. I am indebted to you with my life, if i can do anything to help, ask and i shall do my best to aid you. I take it, it was your female companion here who recieved my message." Anoon said, turning to Ka.

Thank you. If there is anything you need, let me know.

"I'm sure you have many questions and il answer what i can but i have a few myself. What brings you to these parts, Captain and where exactly are we headed?"

Lycus eyed the man from his desk. He motioned for Ka-Rith to come closer to him. As she did so he finally responded to the mans' questions. "Actually Mr. Bondara, I am not a captain...at least not anymore. My name Lycus Thorpe of Thorpe Corporation and I own this vessel. What you were doing on Korriban is none of my concern, besides questions are only useful those who seek the truth, and to be blunt I have little interest in the truth. I gather you are of the Jedi or Sith or some facsimile thereof. It matters little to me. They are all the same, some seek power through force, the latter seek a meaningless peace through power. The only truth in this world is power wether it is by a mystical energy field or more terrestial means." He stopped his aside and looked up at Bondara. Standing he walked around his desk and leaned upon it.

"Miss Ka here is an employ of mine, apparently she heard your cries for help, and asked me intervene on your behalf. It is her that you owe your debt to.", Lycus paused as he leaned over his desk and picked up a small glass of alcohol. Sipping it he continued. "We are enroute to Corellia to complete a task of some importance. As for what you can do to help, well that depends much on what your skills are doesnt it?"

"Miss Ka if you feel he is up to it, brief him on what it is that I do, and invite him along on your 'hunt' if he is willing take him with you." Lycus walked around his desk and touched a button on the counsel. "One more thing, you owe me nothing Anoon, and if you wish to come into my employ I ask only that you carefully follow the direction given to you by Miss Ka. Now we will be arriving shortly, and I have matters to attend to." Lycus motioned for the two force users to exit his quarters.

thorpe.jpg

Once more the young girl was quiet. She had no reason to speak to either of them really. She needed no ones help, this thought process brought her to ignore Anoon's offer of help whenever she might need it. She moved forward a few inches when Anoon leaned in towards Lycus, but when he turned to leave she followed behind.

He was an adept at the force; she could tell he had only minimal training, even still, if properly trained he might be able to make something of himself. She did not answer his next question at first, but just before she turned off to a room where she could train by herself she answered him.

”œI protect him; he offered me a job in my most desperate time. I took it, so now I travel with him. If anyone so much as flinches towards him, I take care of them. Quickly, Efficiently, and Brutally.”

karmysigcopy.jpg

I know you don't like to talk... Me neither. I also know you don't have any respect for me *chuckles* but you will. After all respect is give and take my dear. Have fun playing with your toys.

Anoon continued down the hall until he found a quiet room where he could meditate on his... our new inner demons, waiting for them to reach their destination.

"Son of a..."

Ronin returned to the pilot seat, finding that his compainion and the droid now loose ance incapacitated. Ronin sighed heavily, scanning his controls for a working tractor beam, finding that the cargo bay tractor still functioned. Ronin simply turned it on and the two were drug back into the confines of the ship, where at a laser trap caught the droid in place.

"Mission accomplished."

Ronin hit a button, and the hyperdrive kicked on one final time, taking the heap back to the link...

FinalRONIN.png

It had been a few days since she had breathed in fresh air or talked to anyone else, but drifting in space did not bother her. It kept her mind off of things really, a time to relax. She had been studying maps of the universe for the last days, looking for her next target. It would certainly not be an easy choice, but she would take her time on it.

She was not wholly expecting to live through the week anyways, as she was not so sure how those nanti's would get out. It was to early in the game to risk hitting one of the inner realm planets, but slowly she would work her way inward as she advanced in her techniques.

The Hapes Cluster would have been a nice target”¦had the empire not taken it over. Of course, that did not eliminate it as a target, just took it off of the list for the immediate future. She lazily moved towards the cargo bay, it would be a nice place to practice her combat capabilities as she was bound to end up in a close up fight with someone.

As she entered the cargo bay, a sudden wave of nausea hit her in the face. It was an extraordinary burst of it as well. She collapsed to the ground, gripping her abdomen in pain. Her face scrunched up as the vile moved up her throat, nearly choking her. The warm, coppery taste that she had only tasted a few times in her life come into her mouth and forced its way outwards.

Blood and stomach acid burst from her mouth, it was a sickening display. She struggled to catch her breath once it was done, but was not given the time to. Another wave of it hit her; it caused her entire body to burn with pain for some reason. This could not be naturally induced vomit.

Her face had been drained of color as she continued to throw up all over the floor of the cargo bay. Every time she struggled to get up towards the med bay it brought her back down to her knees. It was physically crippling her, but there was nothing she could do about it but hope it ended soon enough.

And it did, after ten more minutes her vision went blurry”¦as she finally passed out in a pool of her own stomach acids, blood, and whatever else had made its way up.

Carnage.jpg

Beep”¦

Beep”¦

Beep”¦

Dominique looked up from her position upon the floor. The small in the room was already threatening to take over her senses and she had not even completely regained consciousness. Her mind was like wet cement being overturned in a truck, every fiber of her being ached with a pain previously unknown to her. She ran her eyes around the room for the source of the constant beeping. It was driving her mad, the relentless sound”¦the continuous red flash from the light on the wall.

Carnage.jpg

Trowa had shut down his main view screens a few minutes after entering hyperspace. The intensely cold void that was space was all around him, it embraced his equally cold void where his soul should have been. A soft sigh was all that could be heard in the large mobile suit. For all of its power, speed, and weapons”¦it was nothing really in this vast universe.

Trowa was once meant to be someone important. He was meant to live a happy life, a good life with his family. Slowly he allowed his mind to drift away from him, as if he ever truly had grasp upon it anyways. It took him over everything that had happened as of recent. The deaths of many Sith, even himself”¦and for what? To strike a bit of fear into the hearts of the Coruscant civilians, it was not worth it.

”œExcuse me, sir? Could you help me”¦I am a bit lost.”

Carnage.jpg

Dominique had followed the well toned figure too his ship and boarded it. It seemed to almost be of less quality then hers, if such a thing was possible. Rather then wait for him to finish up she made her way towards the cockpit. Drawing her cloak up closer to her body she took her seat. It felt odd to not have her weapons with her”¦not even a holdout blaster.

She did not stir as he spoke. Nor did she move a muscle as the ship left the hanger bay, then real space. She tightly clad female sat in the co-pilots seat starring off into the void of space. Finally she spoke to him; her voice was quiet and cold”¦quite like space.

”œTell me, where is it we are going?”

Edited by Guest
Carnage.jpg

It's amazing how much beauty is contained in a single glimmering star. His earliest memory, staring up into the darkness, awestruck by the never-ending canopy of twinkling diamonds that stretched farther than his eyes could perceive. How could the universe hold so many examples of perfection? A star has no defaults, no flaws to mar its silvery radiance. Its only thought, only goal, is to send its sparkling rays out into the great void, until time or man extinguishes its precious beams. Stars have a passionate, uncontrollable beginning and a frosty, silent end, but no one remembers those events. It's those middle years, when they shine in the twilight through the dusky skies of distant worlds, which truly matter.

Exodus often thought the same way about love. At first it burns wildly, fiercely, without any regard for those around it. Infantile love, in its early stages of existence, is selfish; your feelings, and the object of your affection, are dwelt upon more than anything else. Flames, leaping higher and higher, consuming thoughts, emotions, ties, and flesh itself. First love rages and roars, absorbed in its own powerful vigor.

This is how he felt, but he hid it well.

Eventually though, that ardor must fade. Passion grows weak on lust and physical attraction, and desires stronger food: constancy, fidelity, and devotion. The heat and uncontrollable excitement of immature love subsides, yet something still remains: sincere affection. A small fire, not a conflagration, it burns slowly but faithfully, and neither depression, nor fear, nor loneliness can snuff out its light. Only death.

Still, she was different. It was odd how one could go from straying emotionless to suffering from the same thing he feared. Maybe the only thing he feared. Spider, he could be sure to smack it out of him, he idolized his friend for how he carried himself with such prowess and determination, but was he too suffering?

He had to clear his mind, keep focus and allow the darkness to guide him. This was the only answer, the only option. And then it happened. Silence was broken and her serene voice filled the air again, but he would keep his composure and show no sign of weakness.

"To Königreich des Teufels. You must learn from this place, understand it if you will"

P3UXctm.gif

Dominique had heard that name somewhere before. Many systems in the galaxy had odd names, but that was one of the odder ones. Despite how she felt about the name, she could not pin down where it had come from. Inside her gut told her to stray away from the place, something about it was not nice. She pulled back the hood of her cloak and twisted her neck in order to realign it. She must have harmed it in same way when she had fallen unconscious upon her own ship.

Dominique stole a glance at the other. He was quiet, but intriguing. What was it that motivated him, drove him? Every one had something, even if the person did not know it themselves. Her thoughts trailed back upon her life”¦the dastardly deeds, the blood that had been drawn by her own hand. Nothing had been wrong with her upbringing, it had been ideal in fact. But somewhere she had strayed”¦and now she was fresh back from the working for the Empire. She had messed up on one mission”¦and they captured her.

As the thoughts that swirled about in her mind continued their path, a chill seemed to slip into the cockpit. Like a mid summer morning fog it made its way through the cockpit and over to Dominique”¦she could feel it slip up her back and chill her spine, then every other bone in her body. She outwardly shivered, but tried to hide it. She turned her chair to face the other, in order to hide it.

”œI need to use your refresher”¦”

Carnage.jpg

Mallichae Syn had been born in a hole. Born to a lifetime of slavery without even knowing it, and it had gone downhill from there. As he grew up, it grew worse, and he grew number to the pain and death he brought about out of mere servitude. At times he had even started to take pleasure in his gruesome tasks. And then, slowly; it had happened right under his nose, but simply did not exist in his memory: he had begun to live for it. He had become a hideous beast devoid of all sentiment save for bloodlust. Although, his composure and sanity kept intact, this was his clouded past. Always too painful to even remember, and so he left those memories buried within the depths of space itself.

Navigations were setlling just fine, and the thought of introducing Dominique to his former Master was a brilliant plan, if she still remained within the academy.

"Damn, what does she want now?"

Lifting himself from his seated position, and wondering to the corridor in which Dominique cleansed herself from the mysteries that Exodus still mumbled over - He would slip his own robe off of his shoulders and allow it to slide over his forearm.

"Here, use this."

Letting the extravagant attire fall into the grasp of the naked Dominique, Exodus would simply inhale deeply and wonder back to his quarters, accepting the cold temperatures of space.

P3UXctm.gif

Dominique stood still watching the man, whom had just taken off his own robe for her. It seemed she was a bit dumbfounded. He was unlike any Sith she had ever heard of”¦He did not seem like a psychotic, over the top lunatic with not a care for anyone but himself. After all, why would he have given her his robe if he had no care for anyone else? Of course, he could be like a lot of males, eager to show off his body and he did have a right to want to show it off”¦that was for sure.

Dominique moved back towards one of the empty rooms and slipped her cloak off. She used it to dry herself off a bit before slipping the warm robes over her cold body. Her hair was still quite wet and would prove to be a bit of an annoyance for the time being, but rather then dwell on it she sought out Exodus.

Once she found his quarters she knocked twice before opening the door. She looked him over, he was quite cold it appeared”¦almost to the point she felt bad for him.

”œThanks for the robe, but do you have anything to keep yourself warm?”

Carnage.jpg

Exodus was inscrutable under the hood of his cloaks, his mood indecipherable from his expression. Cross-legged, arms intertwined and head bowing in thought it was evident that he was in deep meditation before now. Abruptly as it had started the violent flow of obsidian-grey energy stopped. Normally, such disruption would send him into a fierce demeanor. Fortunately for her, he wanted to teach her more and sought this as an opportunity to do so. Exodus would pat the section of ground, signaling her to take seat next to him.

”œMeditation; It's the only substitution I have for sleep now at this point. There are many differences between this new method of rest and your old one, the measure of sound certainly not being the least; it's never silent when you meditate, as it should be. The force echoes on and on, never once missing a beat, and sometimes in my most irrational moments I swear I can hear the underlying sounds of choked-off sobs and shrilling screams intermingling with my breaths; I'd like to say those moments are few and far in between, but lying can only go so far.”

P3UXctm.gif

Dominique took a seat next to Exodus. She calmly closed her eyes and began to focus. The silence that came with infant space was perfect for meditation, or so one would perceive. Her mind would not rest though, thoughts moved over and around it. Each time she would gain some semi-balance of peace another thought would penetrate it.

It was not an easy task to bring ones mind into a calm stature. Each time she got close she could feel something like a inky mist all around her body. It held within its endless limits a power unfathomable by surely anyone. She tried so desperately to reach out and grab it, but it was like air, sifted between her fingers into nothingness.

It began to anger her that she could not grasp the inky mist that surrounded her body now. She could feel the anger boiling just below her skin, it was unnatural to get so mad at something so simple, but every time without fail she got angry and angry. The rage threatened to choke her as it built up in her throat”¦she wanted to scream out at it, but couldn't speak.

Each time she moved to grip the inky void, each time her anger level was increased the, the mist around her thickened. The thicker it got, the closer she was”¦but still she got angry. She could hear someone speak in the distance, it took her only a few seconds to realize it was herself.

”œHow do I take hold of it”¦”

Carnage.jpg

This was expected, none would grasp hold of such so easily. She had great potential, she was willing to learn and take hold of whatever knowledge he had to expend towards her. At this point, it seemed more then a thirst to show her the dark, he was sure of it. He respected and honored most if not all of his brethren, but examining further - They were all blinding themselves with unending amount of rage and emotions that they fooled themselves into believing to have conquered. If she could learn to 'use' her emotions without turning into a mindless bloodthristy animal, Exodus would prove to be more than proud.

Watching her through the force, clawing at it's essence, attemping to selfishly contain it all within the very moment would get her nowhere fast. It took time, patience, and allowing the force to feed of her emotions would definately quicken the pace.

"Here, hold my hand"

The very texture of their oxygen began to turn. Thickening and becoming intoxicated with a blend of obsidian hues. The durasteel floors chilled with an unbearable temperate. Regardless, once contact was made, he would fill her with an ecstacy never experienced before.

P3UXctm.gif

Dominique reached over and gripped his hand and instantly things began to change. Everything changed into something different it seemed. Her body shivered from the icy grip of space, a trickle of cold sweat trickled down her face. She could feel a rush that she had not felt in some time, but it was odd she would feel it here. The feeling of having another's life at her fingertips.

It was not something she was able to dwell upon though. The inky mist around her began to move more rapidly around her. It seemed to force its way into her choking her and bringing about great pain and suffering, but it was nothing compared to what she saw next. She watched the unspeakable acts were performed upon her.

Then she felt the inky mist feel her completely, it invigorated her. She could feel it flowing through her now as she used it. She forced it all away from her mind, saving herself the visions.

Her eyes shot up as she jerked her hand away from Exodus. She moved back some struggling to catch her breath. She had not expected any of that”¦but it all seemed quite real. She could still feel the energy force flowing through her body. She spoke, her tone sharp.

"What was that?"

Carnage.jpg

Still settling with the experiences that were now shared with another, even if they were exceedingly brief, it touched him that he could finally allocate such. The constant vibrations and alterations throughout the ship had come to a complete stop and Exodus would rise from his seated position once more. No emotion marked upon his face, simply content with his current success and progression in life.

”œExhilarating isn't it? It can show you much more.”

P3UXctm.gif

The "Canus One" glided out of Hyperspace in a waypoint stopping procedure. A few moments later the ship angled in another direction and shot away a tremendous speed back into Hyperspace.

A small recorded message arrived for Miss Ka as Lycus was detained with negotiations in his cabin.

"I hope the pay and gift are all recieved well. I just wanted to inform you that dinner is to be held at precisely 4:00 hours in the dining hall...top floor. After our arrival Miss Ka, I trust you won't be late, I will be outlining your next mission."

An identical message arrived for Anoon, though without the accompanying audio.

thorpe.jpg

As Soon as Nadus reached the stars he quickly checked a few thing then turned around in his chair.

"Well what do you know I got so time to burn for now. Seeing how you never taken a look at the Stars while being amongst them. Would you like to take a look out the window before I go into hyperspace?"

Slicer decided to stay at a crusing speed to give her some time to look out the window.

Edited by Guest

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship