Jedi Library Rules thread discussion (not needed now)

NavyGal

What exactly is an 'MA' rating? Mature? What age is that?

I completely agree with you. I'm not one of those people who will tolerate anything, just because it's under the banner of art.

I agree too, Ben, but I think that profanity within the bounds of a story, clearly marked and with adequate warnings and disclaimers, is fine. I'm not talking about "woot I can drop the f-bomb let's go nuts!" but as Brendo said, if my character would swear in a certain situation, I think he should swear. I'm aware that my latest post contains a fair amount of profanity and if it's a massive problem, I will edit, but I'd rather not. I have three readers as far as I can tell: Nat, Brendan and Tiana. None of them are easily offended, nor are they, to my knowledge, under the age of 18.

With your writing I'm sure it's perfectly fine. I'd just worry about some of the other users who might join the site and then come in here and want to say whatever. If you think it's fine Lee, I'm with you.

The thought had occurred to me that people might try to abuse such a privilege, but I think it's important to remember that it is exactly that- a privilege granted for freedom of artistic expression, and if people attempt to abuse it, as Navygal pointed out, they can have that privilege taken away.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Yup and if Tiana and I as mods don't catch it then hopefully other users will and will inform us. The same as if a person is offended by a fic if they notify us of their feelings and reasonings behind such things then we can do whatever we deem necessary.

Generally speaking however most of the fanficcers here on Jnet are intelligent and responsible and know wrong from right.

qsWJXxN.png

looking forward to tit
One flash of my perfect chest and he'll be knocked out in a happytime daydream.

Yup and if Tiana and I as mods don't catch it then hopefully other users will and will inform us. The same as if a person is offended by a fic if they notify us of their feelings and reasonings behind such things then we can do whatever we deem necessary.

Generally speaking however most of the fanficcers here on Jnet are intelligent and responsible and know wrong from right.

And let me tell you, with two mods on a board that gets no more than maybe five story updates a day, generally no more than two and probably less than ten posts a day there is no WAY we'd miss it.

This is a privilage. If it abused, we will take it away.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 1 year later...

There used to be a thread, but with fanfic as slow as it is, I doubt anyone would notice if it was bumped. (The official master and Padawan thread, or something?) Your best options are either to toss a PM request in the direction of someone who's read your story, or whose writing you respect (that's how I picked up my beta readers), or put an official 'looking for beta readers' request in a story update--that's how LAP got his last beta reader--or make a thread requesting a beta reader.

There's no rule; do what you feel best.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.