Hibernation Sickness (challenge response, G) (Fin)

Alright, so this is a challenge response to several different challenges. It's really weird, but it's supposed to be. So ha.

The challenges were:

2) Begin (or end, I suppose) a story with the line "When time stands still, it's never a good thing."

2) Turn on Windows Media or iTunes or whatever and set it on random. Write down the first five song titles it gives you on randomize. Write a story based on these songs, the titles, or whatever comes to mind from these three.---I had my SW playlist on shuffle when writing this, and some of the scenes are based on the music that was playing while I was writing it.

1) Write a POV of Han Solo WHILE he is encased in the carbonite during ESB/ROTJ and up to leaving for the Pit of Carkoon.--well, this doesn't go up to leaving for the Pit of Carkoon, but I figured it counts since this was the challenge I orginally started writing for. What do you all think?

1) Bonus points if you make said POV about Han Solo encased in Carbonite somehow related to Christmas.

2) Set a story on Hoth.

4) Snow, cookies, tree, decorations, flock

5) Decorating a Christmas tree in the Jedi Temple! Bonus points if you also decorate a character.

Alright, so that taken care of, it's rated G, and if you feel like leaving crit, feel free, although this isn't written to be serious or necessarily good.

When time stands still, it’s never a good thing. I know that much. That’s why, when facing a green rancor, I knew I was in trouble. Time was standing very still. He also had a long gray beard and spectacles with little tree shapes on them. I had no idea what he was doing there, but I shouted for him to help me with the green rancor. He smiled, then began to move again. Unfortunately, so did the rancor. It headed straight for me, and suddenly I had a Jedi lightsaber in my hand. I swung at the monster, cleaving it in two. It roared viciously, then the halves morphed into miniature rancors. I gulped. This was not good. The purple blade of the saber hummed steadily, but I knew if I kept attacking them, they would simply multiply.

Then Time intervened. He stopped again, then in a split second had passed through the miniature rancors. The rancors disappeared, then I was suddenly in a beautiful meadow surrounded by waterfalls. A picnic was spread out on a fresh linen, and I sat down and began to eat. I had finished a nerf medallion sandwich when I realized Chewie was there with me, and his family. I greeted them, then invited them to go swimming with me. Somehow, the waterfalls weren’t dangerous, and we all had a fun time swimming and diving underneath them.

Suddenly, I was plunged down by the falls, but this time I couldn’t swim back up. My vision started to blur as I struggled for breath. Everything went black. I heard a sinister hissing, and shivered. I knew that sound. Darth Vader was near.

Hatred boiled in me for that monster. Even as I felt it, I saw that I was strapped to that torture chair again, the Dark Lord simply standing there. I could swear there was a smirk on his face, despite the mask, and that he was enjoying hearing my screams. It was strange though. I felt like I was looking down on the scene, simply watching myself get tortured for no apparent reason. As I drew closer, I realized I had been mistaken; it wasn’t me in the torture chair, it was Luke. And it wasn’t a torture chair at all, but a medical table. I was just wondering what had happened when Boba Fett walked up to me. “He’s dead,” came Fett’s flat, filtered voice. “I can’t believe she killed him.”

“Who killed him?” I asked.

“Mon Mothma.”

I shook my head. “It’s a pity. He was a good kid.”

“Yeah, he was,” Fett replied.

The sound of a choir singing a mourning song filled my ears. Poor Luke, I thought. He deserved better than to be killed by a traitor. Just then, a spindly brown droid came up to me. “Follow me, sir.” It pointed it’s blaster at me.

I looked up, alarmed. “What did I do?”

“Follow me, or I’ll blast you.”

I shrugged and followed the battle droid. It lead me down the hall to a round room that glowed orange. I knew this place. Panic set in and I tried to struggle, but I couldn’t move. Already the carbonite was surrounding me. I was frozen solid.

It was so cold. The blowing snow was landing in my hair and clinging to my eyelashes. I wrapped my arms around myself and continued on my way. I knew I had to get to Luke before he was frozen to death. Hoth was no place to be in the middle of the night. Eventually, I came to a cave. I had to stop and warm myself for a few moments at least before moving on, or I would be dead too.

Entering the cave, I saw a group of large, white creatures moving to and fro from a large, green tree. Curious, I moved closer. One large wampa with one arm reached to the very top of the tree and placed a shining gold star on the tip. The other wampas cheered, clapping their hands. Another wampa then began to wrap a string of small, multi-colored lights around the tree, while the other resumed moving back and forth between the tree and several large boxes. I realized as I got closer that they were putting things on the tree—shining ornaments in every shape, size, and color. The tree was beautiful.

I caught movement out of the corner of my eye and reluctantly turned from the beautiful tree. The cave continued back a ways, and I followed it, wondering what I had seen moving. There were several sharp turns, and I was about to turn back when I saw a flock of sheep. They were so white they blended into the snow and ice of the cave. I reached down and patted one on the head. It was so soft and warm that I laid down immediately and went to sleep.

I slept until I felt someone shaking me awake. “Wake up, Han!”

I blinked and rubbed my eyes. Leia, Luke, Chewie, Threepio, Artoo, and Lando all stood around me, smiling and laughing. “We’re going to decorate the tree now,” Chewie grunted at me.

I rose, and Leia handed me a plate of cookies. “Eat up. They’re delicious.”

I immediately bit into one and savored it’s delicious sweetness. “Mmmm…chocolate. My favorite.”

I went to help my friends decorate the tree, and noticed it was very similar to the one the wampas had been decorating. I carefully nestled a miniature Millennium Falcon on its green branches, then returned and grabbed a miniature version of Corellia to hang near the top. Taking a break to grab another of Leia’s delicious cookies, I glanced around me. The hall was wide and spacious, lined with white pillars, and filled light streaming in from the many skylights in the roof far above me. “Where are we?” I asked.

“The Jedi Temple, of course,” Luke replied, laughing. “Where did you think this was, Hoth?”

I smiled. “Of course not.” I then grabbed a shiny bow out of the box. Smirking, I snuck up behind Threepio and quickly stuck the bow to the top of his gold head. Leia laughed and pulled out another strand of lights. Ignoring the droid’s protests, she wrapped them around him.

“Wow, Threepio, you look good,” Lando said with a grin. “It’s an improvement.”

“Really, I can’t see how this is dignified at all!” Threepio protested. Artoo blatted something that sounded rude.

We all laughed, then Luke started singing. “You better watch out, he’s watching you fry, better not doubt, I’m telling you why, Palpatine is coming to town!” We all joined in, enjoying the festive carol. Even Chewie lent an earsplitting howl, and Artoo beeped cheerfully.

When we finished the song, Lando strode up to me. “Good idea, my friend. Tell me, what other ideas have you had recently? Any upgrades with my old ship?”

I was about to answer, when my grin faded. Lando had his blaster pointed at me. “They arrived just before you did. I had no choice. I’m sorry.”

I saw the stormtroopers rush up behind him and then behind Leia, Chewie and I, blocking our escape route. Vader and Fett stood menacingly in the dining room, and I turned to Lando, his betrayal finally sinking in. “I’m sorry too.”

Gray mist clouded my vision. I felt hazy, like I was trying to remember something but couldn’t. Everything was black and silent and cold. I struggled with my mind, trying to figure out where I was, and who I was, and what I was doing in this silent cacoon.

It came back suddenly. Carbonite. Love’s declaration. Trapped. Blackness. Cold. Sleep.

The moment was gone as soon as it had come, and I slipped back into the drugged craziness of hibernation dreams.

Edited by Guest

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

After a few moments of 'waitwhat' I realized what you were doing--Han dreaming in the carbonite. Nice. I suppose it's my turn to post something with all these challenge responses going up...

Then Time intervened. He stopped again, then in a split second had passed through the miniature rancors.

I have no words but XDD. It's hilarious to see good writing being used to carry forward COMPLETE RANDOMNESS. Somehow, I expect randomosity stories of death to not really have good, descriptive writing... but to have bad writing and errors everywhere. It's almost a staple of the genre. I mean, I wouldn't even complain about it, it's just part of the randomness genre. So seeing the blend of serious descriptions mixed with the waitwut is very interesting.

Mon Mothma killed him?!

I immediately bit into one and savored it’s delicious sweetness.

That be the only flaw I noted. Its. Not it's.

Fun stuff, I can see it being fun to have written too.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I have no words but XDD. It's hilarious to see good writing being used to carry forward COMPLETE RANDOMNESS. Somehow, I expect randomosity stories of death to not really have good, descriptive writing... but to have bad writing and errors everywhere. It's almost a staple of the genre. I mean, I wouldn't even complain about it, it's just part of the randomness genre. So seeing the blend of serious descriptions mixed with the waitwut is very interesting.

Thanks so much...actually I wasn't expecting to get good reviews on this, since it's so random and so strange. I was a little concerned that since dreams are so random, and sometimes have absolutely no transition, that readers would get lost and confused. It's tricky to do, that's for sure. I just thought about dreams, their transitions, how I feel in dreams, and such. And wrote that down.

I immediately bit into one and savored it's delicious sweetness.

That be the only flaw I noted. Its. Not it's.

I do that waaaay too often. Thanks for cathing it.

You should write one now.

Wow, Darsha...a jelly castle? That's awesome! Yeah, I was trying to think of a random person who in real life is not likely to kill Luke and Mon Mothma just popped out.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

I guess to be fair, I'll be posting my Nanowrimo which is based on a REALLY epic dream I had. I have odd dreams but they're usually very epic.

I am planning on writing one soon! A challenge response, even!

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.