A Fort-Night Later (Fin)

Reptilia

This was for a school project. Criticism is welcome.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Fortnight Later

Some time ago in Chernobyl, Russia there was a man around the age of 55 and was senile. His name was Jeff. He was down on his luck and was living on the street after the stock market crashed. Jeff was in tattered clothes and pushed a grocery cart around collecting cans. He was currently living under the Ferris wheel. He mugged someone and got one-hundred dollars.With this new-found income he moved into a Motel 6.

He moved into the motel after having a nice conversation with Herbert, the hotel concierge. Herbert was a very emotional young man; he was around the age of 20. Herbert warned Jeff that people that have recently stayed in the motel were scared and complained of rabid babies. Jeff was intrigued by the thought of mutated babies living in his motel room.

Two weeks after Jeff moved in, there was a baby sighting. The baby had a tail and razor sharp pointed teeth. The baby also had greenish, black spots on him.

Jeff was stunned at the sight of the baby. The baby charged at Jeff with inhuman speed, he quickly dodged and whacked the baby over the head with a desk lamp. The baby then rushed into the hole in the floor and didn't come back out. Jeff named the baby Silas.

Jeff was greatly frightened, so he invited a friend named Joe to come and stay with him. Joe was an elderly African-American; he was a war veteran who fought in Vietnam and North Korea. Joe has an Afro. Herbert was appalled at this idea and began to complain. Herbert went out and bought a g36c from the local Walgreens. Joe and Jeff bought food to try and lure the baby out. When Herbert found out about this he stocked up on ammo in case their plan actually worked.

Jeff placed the food right by the hole Silas had run into previously. It was about two weeks later when Silas actually made an appearance, by then the food was already covered in mold. Silas then lunged forward toward Joe, realizing he was not present before. Silas smiled a cruel grin and flew threw the air at Joe. Joe just barely made it out of the babies reach, but Silas did not give up. Jeff went in to try and save Joe. But the baby knocked off his glasses so he was blinded. That is when Joe swung a chair around in an effort to hit Silas. Silas dodged and tripped Joe. When both of them were down, Herbert ran in and threw a stun grenade. He then whipped out a g36c and sprayed down the motel room. Luckily, he had hit Silas in the chest and he was down.

Jeff and Joe were rushed to the hospital where they were taking care of properly. Herbert shipped Silas off to Canada for research. The Canadians discovered that Silas was mutated from a massive nuclear explosion years before. It turns out Herbert was working for the Russian mafia and was later shot in battle. Jeff was there to help him through his last moments.

”œJeff, remember me as a hero and make sure I end up on a stamp.”

repsisig.png

• 1 month later...

Her is the second part, I found it in a random folder so I will post it. Just to clarify, I wrote this before Obama was elected.

Jeff was all alone after Joe was sent to prison, so he stole a Panda from China. He named him Arlan because he was moody and wasn't toilet trained. Jeff decided to have Arlan become a Mexican Wrestler. After Arlan lost all of his matches Jeff started him on steroids. Arlan went crazy and hijacked a bus and went to Canada. Jeff followed him, but remembered his passion for hockey, so he played the Canadian hockey team by himself. He lost because he got into a fight with the whole team but right when it looked as if Jeff would die Silas broke through the wall and tore through every player's flesh.

Jeff and Silas reminisced for awhile and Jeff found out all the horrible tests the Canadians did on Silas. Then Jeff explained his situation with China and Arlan. Silas agreed to help Jeff, but only if he agreed to make him a sandwich. Then they went back to America because they were afraid of the Canadian Scientists. When they were in a park American officials gave Silas a draft card, due to a War with Australia,

”œAustralia has an army?”

repsisig.png

I'm not really sure what to say to this. No offence, but it reminds of something a child would write with its simple, unadorned statements and numerous grammatical errors. I don't care about any of the characters because they're not developed in the slightest, and if it's supposed to be funny, I'm not seeing why.

You switch tenses frequently, misuse the hyphen, confuse 'threw' and 'through', use run-on sentences, and a host of other minor grammatical errors.

I suggest that if you're serious about this story- even if it's a comedy- you flesh it out a lot more and get someone to proof-read it.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!