Dubrillion

Tarrian Skywalker

Eight years...

For eight long years, Exavior Correl had hidden away, watching the galaxy's political and military climate sway back and forth. For most of his long career as a mercenary, he had thrown his support, and that of his now long gone mercenary group behind the Rebellion as shadow operatives. In most cases, no one had even known the Hand of Correl had been involved, striking silently and at key points to help the rebels. But the time came ten years ago when the rebels turned their backs on Exavior and his men, even after he helped defend Coruscant from SEED. And for the next two years, Exavior hrew his lot in with the Empire.

But that had been eight years ago now since the old mercenary showed his face, and in that time the Empire had collapsed, and now there was the Galactic Alliance. Just saying the name made Exavior want to spit. It was the worst kind of galactic power for an old war horse like Exavior. There was no place for him among its politicians. But still, Exavior was not content at sitting idle anymore, and so he used the last of his old connections to find the one place where he could still be useful. The Black Sun.

And so it came to be that Exavior Correl came to Dubrillion to find and offer his skills to the Black Sun. He was an old war horse, but he still had some fight left in him, and still had things to teach young up and comers. From the depths of space came a small shuttle, one that was unarmed and sufficiently lacking in anything that would make it stand out, except for maybe the man who was at the controls.

"This is Exavior Correl, seeking clearance to land among the Black Sun compound... I have business with the Black Sun."

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

*Access to land was granted.*

With a luxurious silver suit tailored for an ultra-wealthy god-man, Smash Daisaku paraded out with money streaming in his wake. Paper bills swirled around his presence like leaves around along a street paved with golden bars. Smash Daisaku hoped that Exavior Correl DID notice that the streets actually were paved in golden bars. For a man like Smash Daisaku, money was like blood. In the quest for power, it could be spilt, wasted, regenerated, sold off, and it was utterly essential for life. Money was the way of the world. It was the source and summit of teleological existence. It was the reason for the season. Appropriately, Smash noticed that his grove of money trees was in bloom. In Dubrillion, those trees were always flowering. Literally.

Smash Daisaku carefully fingered his walking cane made of gold. He did not need it, but he wanted to convey the symbolism that gold propped him up. It was technically a shillelagh, but it was worth a fortune. Smash gave a start. ”œAre you here to make some money? If that's the case, I have a business proposition for you. And trust me, I have plenty of money. I'm friggin' loaded. I have more money that Kheldar, Cadio, LAP, and Xizor combined. So, are you here to get your hands on some of it? What can I do for you?”

smash.jpg

Exavior studied the man that came waltzing up to him with money flying about and gold dangling from ever orifice. His initial urge was to punch the young man; Exavior wasnt exactly the kind of man who had much patience left, especially when it came to dealing with others outside his organization.

"Im here to do what is needed. I dont give a rats ass about money, Ive had enough of it in my lifetime. I think the better question is what can I do for you Daisaku."

Exavior had not come to Dubrillion unprepared, having spent the last month or so studying up on the Black Sun organization. It was part of why he had chosen to approach this organization rather than the hutts. They seemed to fit his style and line of work better. And with that studying came the knowledge of who the leader of the Black Sun was.

"I used to run a shadow ops merc unit for the last thirty years... Im an old, grumpy, pissed off war horse of a man. Ive still got fight left in me, and tricks to teach your men. So I say again, the better question is what can I do for you?"

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

As Smash talked, Exavior listened with guarded interest regarding the target and what the Black Sun leader wanted in the end. It sounded like an easy enough job, and it didnt take long for Exavior to make up his mind. He looked around at the money trees and let a telling grin spread across his aged face.

"Demolitions was always a favorite past time of mine. Nothing like a good explosion to make your day brighter. Ill take the job, considering I dont have anywhere else thats offered me this line of work that Im looking for. What's the target?"

With Smash's response, Exavior's mind began spinning, planning out the attack and what he would need to get the job done. He quickly rattled off a list of supplies that he would require for this particular task. It sounded easy enough, and it would make both parties very happy.

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

Smash Daisaku gave the signal and dozens of armed assassins, thieves, and shadowy figures hauled in cart loads of weapons, explosives, and detonators.

”œI'm thinking you're going to need the heaviest explosive weapons that a team of operatives can carry. Tanks will draw too much attention. We're not the military after all. But, rocket launchers should prove sufficient. That way, you can shell the building from a distance before you even try to go in. Hell, after few rockets, you might not even have to go in.”

smash.jpg

One by one, Exavior met the men who would be under his command, giving each of them a silent nod of acknowledgment. He greedily eyed all of the explosives that were being moved about around him, feeling as though he should have jumped on board with Daisaku and the Black Sun sooner; he might have had more fun in his life. Never one to let his missions and tasks go wrong, he stopped an operative that was moving a cache of rocket launchers, and picked one up to examine it. He gave the weapon a full overlook, and did everything short of fire it as he stood there. This operation would be a glorious way for Exavior to reintroduce himself to the galaxy.

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

A shuttle arrived over Dubrillion bearing two Sith, one of which was the Dark Lord himself. He ignored completely most of the planet, immediately setting his destination to the be an installation belonging to one of the Order's greatest and oldest allies--the Black Sun. The shuttle promptly descended toward said location, which was largely a secret but not to him.

As it drew near, Haphaestus commed the base. "This is the Dark Lord, requesting an audience with Lord Daisaku," he said. "I have an interesting business proposition for him."

Even if Daisaku had some reason to refuse an audience with the Sith, Haphaestus knew that he could never turn down a business proposition. After all, it was his business to have his fingers in as many pies as possible all around the galaxy. A proposition like this would see the Sith elevated in galactic perspective and the Black Sun given a shot at a lucrative array of new business holdings.

HOWEsON.png

Receiving a communication from the Dark Lord of the Sith was not exactly something that happened every day on Dubrillion. A generic Black Sun lackey, who had spent his entire life murdering the innocent, for cash, for Smash Daisaku, was honored to handle such the transmission. As he received due authorization and confirmation from the masterful prince of the organization, he replied to the approaching spacecraft.

”œHonored Master of the Sith,”

Hail Daisaku!

BSO.jpg

Haphaestus acknowledged the transmission, then started his descent to the indicated landing bay. He was as flawless a pilot as he was in many other tasks, the advantage of expert programming built upon by years of organic learning and experience. He was a superb combat pilot, too, but had never really been required to make use of that ability. One of the excellent things about his mechanical mind was that he could implant knowledge into it without needing to learn it.

At any rate, the unique Dark Lord presently set his borrowed shuttle down and departed, the other Sith, Darth Valar, in tow to bear witness of the events about to transpire. As instructed, he followed the path around the trees and to the main administrative building. Once he'd gotten that close, he could feel through the dark side the presence of several Black Sun operatives and, in the heart of the installation, the shameless malevolence that was Lord Daisaku.

In another thirty seconds he was standing before the man. He inclined his head. "Lord Daisaku," he addressed him. Some Dark Lords might be disgusted by even that slight show of respect, but Haphaestus knew there was no shame in maintaining one's allies. And if this proposal was accepted, the Black Sun would be a very strong ally indeed. "I believe I have a business offering in which you may be interested, if you're willing to make the considerable investment."

HOWEsON.png

Two gigantic bronze doors, likely sculpted by ancient titans of yore, were pulled shut by two teams of operatives in the massive antechamber outside Smash's throne room. The massive gates clanged shut with an archaic ring that echoed for fifteen long eerie seconds. Rising from his majestic throne of silver and gold, the leader of the Black Sun looked on as the notable visitor pressed closer. The head of the infamous criminal organization was covered in expensive gray robes, with an ornate golden chain of office around his neck and shoulders.

”œLord Haphaestus, the Dark Lord of the Sith,”

smash.jpg

"Indeed," Haphaestus responded. "It is that end which I seek... as well as the end of their Jedi hounds." No doubt Daisaku suspected as much. The Sith fighting the Jedi was like the wookiees fighting the trandoshans or, for a short period of time, the Rebel Alliance fighting the Galactic Empire--fundamental to the continued operation of the known galaxy. Even though many Dark Lords had tried to eradicate the Jedi and all had failed (though several had come close), Haphaestus considered it unacceptable to do anything less than all he could to succeed where they had failed.

He drew near to Daisaku. "It begins with the Sith Order seizing control of small businesses..." The Dark Lord went on to explain the role the Sith would play in the scheme, the part the Black Sun would need to fill, and the ultimate benefits for both organizations. When he had finished, he took a step back.

"Does this offer intrigue you, Lord Daisaku?" It was certainly costly, some of the parts in the middle, but the payoff was pretty big and the process of going through it would make both the Sith and Black Sun stronger. Well-trained, experienced agents would be moving up in the organization. Some would likely die, but their deaths would be an investment into the profitable end.

OOC: Of course, the details needn't be IC. If you want a reminder, catch me on AIM.

HOWEsON.png

Darth Valar stood close by, keeping his eyes trained on Haphaestus as the Dark Lord spoke. When they had stepped into Smash's throne room, Valar had allowed himself a moment to gloss over the lavish palace. Many a fool would be sickened by this shameless display of avarice; those who thought themselves wise always sputtered of how humility was the path to inner peace. What a load of crap, Valar thought in response. Humility was the path to getting used and discarded in this ruthless, cutthroat galaxy. By displaying his wealth and the wealth of his cohorts in so bluntly a fashion, Smash Daisaku showed that he was above the cheap manipulations of everyday trash. This man was important; he mattered and his will could shape the galaxy as he saw fit.

In other words, Valar liked the place.

The moment passed quickly, however, and Valar was once again cold and resolute. He regarded Daisaku impassively, waiting to see the crime lord's response to Haphaestus's speech. No need for violence, hopefully.

darthvalar.jpg

"The sun also shines on the wicked." -Seneca

With the visual examination of the rocket launcher complete to his satisfaction, Exavior couldnt help but stick around as a rather large being entered the room to talk with Smash. He watched silently, off to one side, as they exchanged words. His interest was piqued even more when it became apparent to him that this new arrival was a Sith, and was the Dark Lord of the Sith. It briefly reminded Exavior of his time spent in the company of the Jedi Grandmaster. But he found this Haphaestus person to be much more to his likings. More willing to get things done. Clearly he had chosen correctly in the Black Sun indeed if these were the kind of people that were their allies.

When Smash again spoke to Exavior, the man nodded quietly and listened intently. He took the envelope with respect, and looked at its contents briefly before responding.

"Consider the job already done sir. I look forward to seeing how your operatives work under pressure."

He nodded again and after taking one last glance at the Sith, motioned for the operatives to follow him as he exited the room with the equipment he would require to complete the job. A few minutes later, the team and the equipment were loaded on a nondescript shuttle, and Exavior was gone from Dubrillion.

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

The Dark Lord of the Sith nodded. "Excellent," he said. Smash was a man with a good mind for plotting and understood the value that could be gained by Haphaestus' plan as well as the nature of sacrifice. The entire operation would seem completely real, both sides would benefit, and the galaxy would be none the wiser.

Producing a datapad of which he had a copy, the Sith Master floated it over to Smash with the Force. "Here are the locations your organization will need," he explained. "Promptness is not critical at this stage, as my crusade's many pieces will need time to assemble to perfection, but the sooner we start, the more profitable it will be for both of us."

Haphaestus paused. The meeting appeared to have run its course, and now he was prepared to leave. However, he would wait for Smash to come to the same conclusion--otherwise, if the business had not been adequately explained, he would stay and address any further concerns. He turned his mind briefly to Valar, whose role could become critical in all of this should something go wrong. But it appeared that Haphaestus had the support of the Masters, and his scheme could run its course.

HOWEsON.png

Smashed eyed the datapad that hovered in front of him. The list of locations was sufficient. There were both installations and fortresses that were easy to throw away, yet some that would prove more difficult, yet it was the difficult ones that would provide the necessary façade to the powers that be. Smash swiped a datadisk through the pad, copying the list. He uploaded information for Haphaestus as well. ”œIf urgency dictates, you can reach me on this private channel. And, concerning everything else ”“ well, everything appears to be in order. As we speak, I have operatives attacking the Galactic Gunshop. I have given them orders to leave none alive. I am certain it will draw attention from nearly anyone with a pulse. I'm sure it's on fire now, with all of its employees dead. Likely your Sith will be seen as heroes for ”œdealing”

smash.jpg

As Smash and Haphaestus finished up their talks, the general comms board lit up, indicating that the Black Sun compound was receiving a message. But the channel seemed to be open, as if someone had keyed their comm on but never turned it off. And that was exactly what Exavior Correl had done on Coruscant, for his mission had become more complicated. The comm was broadcasting the following...

"

(Sound of booted footsteps)

...Now, perhaps you're standing there, asking yourself why CorSec wasnt involved in this hunt for justice? The simple answer is that my employer does not trust CorSec, or its agents, to have been able to bring this "Tiny" to judgement and still recover the stolen goods. That is where I came in.

(footsteps stop)

Now, how the rest of this situation plays out is up to you. I have no need to kill anyone else, and as I said, Im sure you see no need in spilling blood. But I warn you now, my men and I will not be arrested by CorSec. If you dont believe me, have your superiors contact the Black Sun. Im sure they can clear up this whole mess with my employers."

The channel was still open, and the voice would clearly be identified as that of Exavior Correl, and the open comm, as well as the words that were spoken were a clear attempt to identify the situation that he was currently in, and for appropriate actions to be taken.

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

"Then I will take my leave," Haphaestus responded. "May this turn out to be profitable for us both, Lord Daisaku." Those words as a parting, he collected the datapad again, turned on his heel, and started out the way he'd come in, Valar at his flank. That had gone about as well as he'd expected it would. No immediate problems, an agreement from Black Sun, and another step in his plan for the destruction of the Jedi Order.

The Dark Lord had soon left the building and was on his way to the shuttle when he spoke to Valar. "Do you have any questions about what just transpired, Valar? My position as Dark Lord is subject to change if I fail to defeat but one challenger," he said. "Should that happen, at least one other needs to know the plan."

This had been his purpose in bringing the other Sith along. If something happened between the Black Sun and Sith and the only ones who knew about the secret behind it were dead, then a very strong ally could have been lost. Haphaestus had rebuilt himself before, but one could never be too careful.

HOWEsON.png

Darth Valar's features remained resolute as he followed Haphaestus out. Inside, his senses were on fire, washing across those inside Smash's throne room and bathing in their opulence. He could feel the naked greed wriggling in their hearts, the chains of necessity binding them all to their ruler Daisaku. Really, though the Force this microcosm of bloated avarice manifested as a constantly reforming spider-web. Valar percieved an intricate network of golden threads passing through miser and miter alike. At the center was Daisaku, of course; his whims deciding who in this room would be next consumed and who would live on to prosper, if only for a little while. A fascinating cycle of self-destruction.

Yet, there was one unifying principle for Valar to observe. Daisaku was utterly unchallenged. He was the God of this realm, brimming with golden light from the thousands of threads arcing into his body. A beating heart, so vitally linked to Black Sun that his destruction would bring the rest of the 'body' with it.

The Sith lacked that unifying principle.

"If you fail, my Lord, your plans could be forever lost. We both know how the dark side operates," spat Valar. "Too many of us are thralls to its will. We can't chance that all is lost just because some raving idiot would rather blow up a system. Once we reach the shuttle, I need to know our endgame. What's the central result of this plan?"

This information would be of the utmost value.

darthvalar.jpg

"The sun also shines on the wicked." -Seneca

With as much grandeur, pomp and circumstance that could be afford to it, the unmarked, utterly civilian, innocent pedestrian loaded shuttle popped out of hyperspace, and made its way down to the planet's surface. The shuttle had of course taken multiple hyperspace jumps in the time between now and when they had left Coruscant, all to very remote and utterly useless planets. As the shuttle decended through the Dubrillion atmosphere, Exavior was sitting beside the Black Sun pilot, smoking a cigar and reminiscing about that time he blew up the Galactic Gunshop. The deal had been to blow the place and kill its proprietor, both of which were done in amazing fashion in Exavior's mind. He hoped that Smash would think the same, but just in case he didnt, Exavior had decided to sweeten the pot given what was on board the shuttle.

When it had finally landed, he thanked each Black Sun agent who was with him still personally, shaking their hands one by one. Of course, in his hand each time was a 500 credit chip that he slipped to each agent. If there was one thing that he had learned last time he was here, it was that Black Sun liked money; from Smash all the way down to the lowest agent and operative. Once the ship was secured, Exavior left it in the capable hands of the Black Sun workers, and strolled towards the opulent room where he had met with Smash earlier, still smoking his cigar with his hands clasped behind his back.

As he reached the room, he pushed open the door and extended his arms wide open, finding that Smash was indeed still here.

"Daisaku! Just the man I was hoping to see. I bring excellent news; The Gunshop and its proprietor are no longer a part of Courscant... along with a couple more buildings in the vicinity. But just in case you werent satisfied enough with my work in blowing things up and shooting store workers, I have come bearing gifts as well!"

He turned around just in time for two Black Sun agents to carry in one of the crates that they had brought back from Coruscant. The agents walked up in front of Smash and deposited the crate, with Exavior walking behind. After another moment's pause, the old mercenary kicked the crate, which the poped open to reveal a plethora of weapons, just stacked to the brim of the case.

"I figured... its a gunshop, no wait, THE Gunshop. Why waste all that merchandise in an explosion, when we could re-acquire it and sell it for profit ourselves?!" Exavior was grinning with his cigar in the corner of his mouth, knowing that with the kind of businessman that Smash was, he would love it too. "Theres sixteen more crates, just like this. Filled with all sorts of goodies. Pistols, carbines, rifles, heavy weapons, explosives, blades of every shape and size... You name it, theres probably one in a crate somewhere."

Exavior stood there still grinning as he took another large puff of his cigar before crossing his arms.

"Oh and I have more too. Although I dont know if you would have use for it. Our... departure... from Coruscant necessitated the hijacking of a civilain shuttle that was fully loaded with civilians on their way to Corellia. But now they're all sitting in your hanger, bound, gagged, and hooded on the ship. Whether you use slave labor around here, or merely want some 'live' targets for exercises or training, I dont give a damn. Hell, take the whole ship back up into space and use it to test explosives for all I care. Consider them a personal gift from me, to you. Im sure an enterprising man like you can find a use for them."

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

The Black Sun shuttle dropped out of hyperspace, after having made several random hyperspace jumps, above Dubrillion. Jacen Onnd piloted the shuttle, which was not an easy task with a lit cigar in one hand and a bottle of liquor acquired at a Coruscanti spaceport in the other, down to the surface. He landed the loaner shuttle in a hangar and stumbled down the ramp, wondering where he should head next.

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Haphaestus considered. Valar's knowledge of the end result was not requisite for him to serve the purpose the Dark Lord had intended. That said, he thought it was pretty clear what the goal was, and while he was somewhat disappointed that Valar could not make the connection himself, he was willing to lead the other Sith to that conclusion--doing so could only raise his value in the time to come. It was, he decided, a worthwhile investment.

"Trust," he said simply. "When the galaxy trusts us and thinks the Black Sun our enemies, we will gather our allies and move unhindered to destroy the Jedi Order."

The pair of Sith soon arrived back at the shuttle that had borne them here. Haphaestus returned to the pilot's seat and performed the pre-flight checks with mechanical efficiency before lifting off and heading for the stars. Soon, the ship had entered hyperspace.

HOWEsON.png

Remembering that he had a guest on the way, Jacen made his way down to Dr. Pang's office. The man he had killed on Taris was in for a big surprise when he finally made his way to Dubrillion. Jacen asked the good doctor to prepare a metal coffin for their guest and his ride back to Taris, as well as a powerful sedative.

Jacen left the doctor's laboratory and headed back up to his office where his personal team of agents were waiting for him. He informed the agents of his plans and before long they were scampering around, preparing the office for Tengu's arrival. Two agents made their way into the air duct system in Jacen's rather spacious office. They lifted the duct covers and prepped their weapons for stun. Four more agents made their way down to the hangar bay where Tengu would be landing. They were prepared to disarm him and take care of any problems that he might cause. The rest of the agents were in the office next to Jacen's. They would be coming in to dispose of Tengu's limp body once the plan had been enacted and the creature was stunned.

Jacen leaned back in his chair and took a puff off of his cigar. Everything was working out exactly as planned.

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

With the mission on Coruscant completed despite the interruptions of CorSec, Exavior was feeling quite proud of himself and his new role within the Black Sun organization. He had spent the past few days watching the various holonet news outlets, roaring with laughter anytime they did a story or a follow-up on the destruction he had caused at the Galactic Gunshop. But the Black Sun had also found that there were interested parties snooping around with CorSec to find out what exactly had happened. It was clear that the owner of the shop, and Tiny's boss, was none to happy with having the shop destroyed in that fashion, and was now sniffing around for clues.

Not that there were many, if any, clues to be found. Exavior was something of an enigma, barely even existing beyond his former deeds while commanding the Freedom's Reprive so many years ago. Really, that would be the only thing that someone would find, and even that was not much to go on. But whoever was seeking the answers out intrigued Exavior, and so the aging commando made the first move, and actually tracked down the very man who was tracking him down. The time had come to fufill his promise in the message he had sent; he would go to the Kat Nargal Resort and see just what kind of person was seeking him out. It would be an interesting meeting, that much was assured.

Not long after, one of the many shuttles that the Black Sun used rose from the surface of Dubrillion, and started its journey to the resort deep in space.

ExaviorCorrel.jpg

Smash Daisaku, in his great wealth, was thoroughly impressed with Exavior Correl's fine work on Coruscant. CoreSec, or WhoreSec ”“ as Smash liked to call it, was basically a euphemism for incompetent police buffoons, unable to thrive in a real military. Had CoreSec never gotten involved, the immense body count that was recorded on the news would never have come to fruition. Now the police faction had rancor egg on its face. It was though a gift had fallen out of the blue skies. Now, tampering with a datapad, Smash siphoned millions of credits out of Nal Hutta's federal reserve, rerouting them through countless decoy systems, safely and undetectably depositing the small fortune in an account of Correl's previous designation.

Smash lounged in his golden throne, as he toyed with his wrist mounted flechette launchers, now jimmy-rigged to spray golden coins toward his sycophants gathered in the assembly hall around him. He showered some greedy cleric with money, as the crowd laughed. The an overweight duke from Corellia tried to catch some of the coins in his mouth. All of the members of the court loved it.

One of Smash's advisors leaned in to hand him another roll of golden coins.

”œI believe it would be prudent for the King of Dubrillion to be brought here,”

smash.jpg

Sitting in an expensive chair worth twice as much as the entire installation at Kessel, Smash Daisaku intercepted and read over an interesting transmission from Slicer. It seems the man was somewhat ill-tempered over the arguably frustrating situation regarding the Galactic Gunshop. It was a situation that might have made most poly-trillionaires cringe, but Smash Daisaku did not fret. It was a bind that was easily unbound with a quick swipe of the golden pen and a cursory glance over his silver checkbook.

”œNo! That's outdated!”

smash.jpg

The Rain dropped out of Hyperspace above the small planet. Chameleon glided his hands over the controls. His new pale, lined skin glistened in the system's sun. Crinkling his neck, snapping the newly formed bones. Pausing the tape, an audio file of the Utapese language. He absorbed the knowledge like a sponge. Smiling he opened up a communications channel down to the planet.

”œThis is Auron Sin. I was told to come here by my master, whom received instruction to visit from a Jacen Onnd. Can I have clearance to land, please?”

Chameleon.png

There are worse things than rusty spoons.
No... No there isn't.